[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Farewell iTunes Farewell Foobar Farewell Musicbee Farewell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

Farewell iTunes
Farewell Foobar
Farewell Musicbee
Farewell Winamp

Hello Winyl
>>
>Winyl is absolutely free.

I'm looking around, but I don't see the option to download the source code or a license statement.
>>
musicbee is the best
>>
>>45481202
>Audiosafari
muh nigga
>>
Never heard of it but, after having used it (portable version) for like 10 mins it's pretty simple and gets the job done so I'll stick with it for a while.

foobar2000 is still the greatest music player on Windows, nothing will ever change that, but this is a nice diversion for a bit I suppose.
>>
>>45481366
>foobar2000 is still the greatest music player on Windows
what is musicbee
>>
But that's not Butterfly player, a free as in freedom music player.
http://www.butterflyplayer.org/
>>
>>45481202
>prettified windows media player clone, probably with even more bloat

yeah no. give me a fucking playlist and some controls only, i dont need my music player to take up half my fucking screen.
>>
>>45481413
if i can hide that ribbon bar, ive got a new media player for windows platforms

thanks, anon
>>
>dem interfaces
Windowsfags never change.
>>
I kind of liked where Winyl was headed, but development was so slow and I had a ton of little design issues with it and t he developer didn't seem really committed to see those changes. Went back to Foobar.
>>
File: file.png (49KB, 891x491px)
file.png
49KB, 891x491px
>>45481413
>>45481430
>if i can hide that ribbon bar
Yeah you can.
>>
Yeah, I'm totally going to download and install an unethical software that infringes my rights and freedom because... yeah, no thanks.

Now GTFO shill.
>>
>>45481413
looks like shit
>>
>>45481396
>musicbee
Don't know, but judging by its looks I don't want to have it on my PC.
>>
>using anything more than mpd+mpc
blllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
>>
>>45481413
Why are all free as in freedom programs so damn shit looking
>>
>>45481396

A less customizable (ie: poorman's) foobar.
>>
File: billy01[1].png (17KB, 472x434px) Image search: [Google]
billy01[1].png
17KB, 472x434px
>Not using billy
>2014

http://www.sheepfriends.com/index-page=billy.html
>>
looks neat OP where's the source code
>>
>>45481938
'cuz you didn't
>install gentoo
>>
>>45481202
>baths
also muh nigga
>>
>>45482004
>mfw I live in St. Gallen
Will listen to that Ehen I'm home
>>
File: 183482934.jpg (35KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
183482934.jpg
35KB, 500x377px
>SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE
Winyl is being distributed as Freeware for personal, non-commercial use, non-profit organization, educational purpose. It may be included with CD-ROM/DVD-ROM distributions. You are NOT allowed to make a charge for distributing this Software (either for profit or merely to recover your media and distribution costs) whether as a stand-alone product, or as part of a compilation or anthology, nor to use it for supporting your business or customers. It may be distributed freely on any website or through any other distribution mechanism, as long as no part of it is changed in any way.
>>
anyone know how/where to enter last.fm info? It has an option for scrobbling, don't know how to get it working.
>>
>>45481938
because those who write FOSS usually write it for themselves and really don't give a fuck if it appeals to others or not and the technically-minded are notoriously bad at UI/UX

there's a handful of projects where this isn't the case, but they're far and few between.
>>
>>45482485
just found out about windows scrobbler, don't know why I asked
>>
File: Clementine-Logo.png (62KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Clementine-Logo.png
62KB, 512x512px
>not clementine

https://www.clementine-player.org/
>>
>>45481202
Musicbee master race reporting in.
>>
>>45482707
I dunno what clementine is doing, but I have never heard my hdd churn the clementine made it. I don't turst it man.
>>
>>45481396
It's literally mediamonkey 3 with a skin.
>>
>>45482707
I'm trying to like it but
>no gapless playback with MP3
And there's this annoying ass bug:
>if you open it before you mount the volume your music library is on, it'll empty the entire library and it'll refuse to rescan it, even after mounting the volume
>only way to update the library afterwards is to remove the music folder from the library and then add it again
>>
>not using vlc for everything

Why?
>>
>>45481202
That looks nice. I'm stuck using iTunes to move shit onto my apple product but if any other software, like this one, can do it then I'm sold because that UI looks good.
>>
for just been to alternative: mpxplay
>>
I like it, I'm gonna use it, thanks.
>>
kinda curious to see what people say about this...

in a simple playlist-driven player (no library) how necessary is the ability to view songs grouped by album? Is being able to sort good enough, placing grouping as overkill? in general where do you place the line between necessity and bloat when it comes to music players?
>>
>>45481202
How does it compare to foobar
>>
>He dosen't use deadbeef

>b-b-but winderps
no, stop...
>>
>>45481467
>tfw this is exactly how ugly windows native gui libraries really are and the freetard developer can't really be blamed for it
>>
What the fuck, I was going to write this exact program.
>>
>>45483862
I'd use deadbeef (in fact I do when booted into linux) but under OS X its hardwired X11 dependencies kill it. I wish it only needed bare GTK+ or Qt so it'd be easy to compile on non-X11 systems.
>>
>>45481366

>but this is a nice diversion for a bit I suppose.
>he wants his music players to keep him entertained

Do you listen to music or do you look at your player?
>>
>>45483880
>What the fuck, I was going to write this exact program.

Write it anyway and make it FOSS & cross-platform, then I'd ride your dick across the stars.
>>
>>45483904
I see. I'm a linux pleb, so I've never run into any of those problems.
>>
>>45481413
It's total shit. Worst program I have ever used. 0/10. Probably malware. I don't even believe it's actually free as in freedom as all the source folders were empty. If you want to be taken seriously please use github.
>>
>>45483837
Here is the best kind of player that could ever possibly be:
The UI is nothing but a blank white screen, with album art in rows and a progress bar on top. You click on the album art and it moves to a new screen that lists all the songs in the album and plays it. No playlists. Make it like your at home rifling through discs.
>>
>>45484100
>putting counter-productive nostalgia over functionality

I fucking hate you faggots so much.
>>
File: albums-view-2-100017933-orig.png (2MB, 2394x1456px) Image search: [Google]
albums-view-2-100017933-orig.png
2MB, 2394x1456px
>>45484100
recent versions of iTunes have something like that and I'm not sure it's all that great
>>
File: Screenshot 06-12-2014 00.32.02.png (273KB, 1096x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 06-12-2014 00.32.02.png
273KB, 1096x1040px
foobar user here

first imbresshuns:

looks alright, like plebtunes for people who don't want to use plebtunes

nice memory usage

unfortunately doesn't instantly and automatically update the library.. i think. had to wait 5 minutes to import 80GB of music.

can't instantly open up a playlist with ALL of my music unless i go into the folder view.. folders that i neatly sorted using foobar

doesn't react to 7+ window snap-resize thing

nothing resembling title-formatting-syntax-powered-file-operations

nice user experience for non-very-autistic people, those who don't spend years configuring their software

not-shit/10

now look at my foobar
>>
>>45484199
>unfortunately doesn't instantly and automatically update the library.. i think. had to wait 5 minutes to import 80GB of music.
I'm writing a music player and it may just be the library I'm using, but near-instantaneous scanning of large amounts of music is hard to do. If I try to spawn multiple threads to handle the task at 2-4 songs at a time to speed things up it just belches a memory error and crashes. It's probably just a thread safety issue I haven't ironed out yet but it's still frustrating.

Even then, though, it's going to take some time to churn through a long list of songs, especially on a mechanical HD. I don't see any way to get around it.
>>
>>45481221
It's free, not open source.
>>
File: ss+(2014-12-05+at+05.46.25).png (54KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-12-05+at+05.46.25).png
54KB, 1600x900px
>>45481202

exactly what i was looking for, small, efficient, and lightweight, doesn't have great configurability but I don't need it
>>
>>45484368
foobar developer has figured something out, at least in regards of instantaneous library updating
>>
>>45484400
Literally Foobar.
Granted its plugins are all pretty much abandonware at this point, but still.
>>
All this shit music taste in the thread.
>>
>>45484425

Foobar's great but it's an ugly bastard. I like flat design.Sure it's just a music player, but I still want mine to be aesthetically pleasing. Just an opinion.
>>
>>45484426
what flavor of the month genre have you latched on (not saying those are bad)? or you're one of those kids who listen mainly to metal?
>>
>>45484459
make/download a theme then you nerd
>>
File: carlos.png (83KB, 942x798px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
83KB, 942x798px
Do I send this /g/?
>>
>>45484459
>an ugly bastard
That's also infinitely customization so theres no excuse
You can even get rid of window decorations.

But use what you want I guess.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.