[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spg/ - Smartphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

File: teaser-worst-smartphones.jpg (57KB, 628x268px) Image search: [Google]
teaser-worst-smartphones.jpg
57KB, 628x268px
Smartphone General

ITT: We discuss smartphone hardware, software, and recommendations... ideally, anyway. Realistically, we'll probably just call each other homosexual Jewish niggAz with AIDS but whatever.

Anyone else have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S5? I noticed that the SuperSU app can detect and remove KNOX automatically.
>>
Where the fuck did you find a picture of such ancient ugly phones?
>>
>>45432338
> Android

Enjoy your botnet. Enjoy your virginity. Enjoy your LAG.
>>
Can anyone tell me what the difference between a Galaxy Note and a Galaxy Mega is?
>>
>>45432753
Galaxy Note is an expensive flagship phone meant to couple a high resolution screen, very high system specs and a specialized stylus.

Galaxy Mega is a cheap piece of shit meant to be sold to third worlders.

Seriously

>2560x1440 5.7 inch display vs. 1280x720 6.3 inch display
>16MP/3.7MP cameras vs. 8MP/1.9MP cameras
>quad 2.7ghz CPU vs dual 1.7ghz CPU
>3GB RAM vs 1.5GB RAM
>>
Anyone here own a Galaxy S4 Google Play edition?

Is it the greatest AOSP phone at 5"? I don't want anything more than 5" because that's too fucking big, I'm not a manlet but my hands can't grip a Note 2 properly.
>>
sup guiz
I bought a stolen SGS5 for cheap, did a factory reset, stock touchwiz shit is OK. Should i change the imei just to b sure? Any other things i should change?
>>
>>45432848
Nexus 5?
>>
>>45432665
>mad because someone doesn't use the phone he likes
Enjoy your autism
>>
>>45432848
SGS4 danvdh's GPE edition woth Alucard kernel running for quite whilebwithout any problems. Daily driver 10/10
>>
>>45432665
>Enjoy your botnet
Yes Anon, the world's most popular mobile operating system is a botnet and somehow not a single lawsuit or criminal investigation has emerged as a result, no doubt due to a vast global conspiracy.
>>
>>45432836
That's disappointing. I saw one on Potato Star and thought the Koreans were hiding something good from us.
>>
>>45433104
Forgot to mention I also want an AMOLED screen, LCD is shitter tech from the 80s
>>
>>45433143
>tha reel potato star
>>
>>45432401
Let me see if I know them from my head:
>Motorola Flip
Retarded twin to Motorola Backflip
>Samsung Galaxy Beam
had projector that probably drained battery in under 5 min
>Sony Xperia Play
Because PSP Go was so hugely succesful, they decided to make phone in it's image.

While I do think those were some interesting experiments, I wonder when QWERTY slide out keyboards are coming back. Because I want my phone to be useful and not tight-hipster-jeans friendly.
>>
Can someone recommend a kernel for my i9500?
>>
LG 3 for the win
>>
>>45433131
theres an official L on the way
>>
>>45433339
Oh thats great, tried the CM12 but it isn't stable enough. Wouldn't expect otherwise, bjt they did a damn good job imo.
>>
>>45433407
I wonder, why isn't cyanogen stable on the exynos s4?
It really sucks. I just want something that will werk.
Running PAC 4.4.4 now, and can someone please recommend a kernel?
>>
>>45433472
>exynos
answered your own question
>>
>>45433479
No I didn't.
But I can guess,
>propriatry samshit CPU
Am I close?
>>
Any suggestion for a durable and dust proof (has to be) medium-high end phone, that is under 400e? Lets just say I smuggle powder across the sahara desert in a dune buggy.
>>
>>45433492
yes
>>
>>45433479
1. Find i9500 rom of your preference
2. Try all the different kernels available for i9500
3. ???
4. PROFIT!!!
>actually worked
>>
>>45433142
Especially when it's fucking open source. There is no way nobody would have noticed by now.
>>
>>45433518
Are kernels phone specific like ROMs or will kernels made for other phones work on mine?
All the kernels i found for i9500 are shit...
>>
>>45433492
this is exactly why /g/ generally has a hatred of samshit, even though most of us end up using it because cheap as fuck

the closed cunt hardware

i'm going with the S4 GPE next time, at least the specs for that are more available for devs

if you want to simply avoid this shit in future, get Motorola or Sony, those are the best towards open source

>>45433518
doesn't matter the hardware is going to stay closed and undocumented, unless samshit suddenly become generous one day and release everything, which will probably never happen because they're gook cunts

or someone inside samshit stole the docs and did a snowden for the tech industry

seriously, this exynos shit is one of the worst things happening right now to us in the tech space
>>
>>45433540
I'm just waiting for MWC phone launches or the ara.
This s4 is terrible, the battery life is about 1/4 of an lg g2 AT BEST.
Gonna avoid samsung from now on.
Which phones usually have the most active community? As in the most roms and kernels.

On a side note, can anyone explain that obsession with 2k screens on phones?
That is just plain retarded.
>>
>>45433575
>>45433540
>get Motorola or Sony
>>
I just moved to the US and got a unlocked blackberry Passport. Which carrier would be the best to sign up with? I'm thinking AT&T but they seem like a bunch of shekelmongers
>>
>worst
>xperia play

No
>>
File: disgust-001.jpg (110KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
disgust-001.jpg
110KB, 600x600px
>>45433302
>QWERTY slide out keyboards
The only good slideout keyboard was on the Pre, and swype style input is still superior.
>>
File: IMG_5942.jpg (86KB, 800x762px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5942.jpg
86KB, 800x762px
>>45432836
Honestly if the screen wasn't so shit I would have bought it over a Note.
>>
>note 2 vzw unlimited 4G
>CM 11 4.4.4 nightly 12-2-2014
>otterbox defender
>IPX7 waterproofed
>steel chain attached to tactical belt
>>
>>45433792
T-mobile, get prepaid.
>>
Galaxy S5, Note, or Nexus 6?
[spoiler]Why do I find the Edge so sexy if it's so useless?[/spoiler]
>>
Is HTC M8 the best phone I can buy now?
>>
>>45434106
if it's a choice of exynos or open-specced hardware, always go for the open
>>
Any thoughts on Galaxy S5 mini?
>>
Moto /g/ master race reporting in
>>
Alright /g/. I'm committing a sin.

I want to get the iPhone 6 because it is stable, fast, reliable and clean. I'm aware how restricted it is, and how I don't or won't have a mac so certain features are obsolete for me. However, yes, I was thinking about becoming a sheep and just having an iPhone because I don't have to tech.

However, I do program and would like to work on wearable technology, so should I go android no matter what?
>>
>>45435169
I'm wondering this too, upgrading for the first time in years.
>>
>>45436254
thats exactly my case. Deciding between iPhone 5C and S5 mini.
Only had an old 3GS before so i have no experience with android, however Lollipop seems really nice
>>
>>45436292
I'm upgrading from an iphone 4, and yeah, like you this will be my first android. What's lollipop?
>>
>>45436335
a new version of android, finally it doesnt look like shit
>>
>>45434014
Agreed - T-Mobile is kicking ass right now. I ended up moving into an apartment in a complete deadzone, and all is still good, with the wifi calling.
>>
>>45434152
If it's a choice between exynos and anal fisting by a juiced up gorilla whose mother you just raped, go for the fisting.
>>
>>45436860
Exynos is never a choice.
Even if you're sticking with the stock firmware there isn't a reason to use it over the Snapdragon versions.
>>
>>45436061
iOS is so much more pleasurable to work with than Android. If you have the iphone, get the apple watch, and work on that. If you're dabbling that is. If you want to go all in on wearable tech, android's open-ness does make it seem a better choice.
>>
File: AbHRA.jpg (56KB, 570x489px) Image search: [Google]
AbHRA.jpg
56KB, 570x489px
>>45436890
Exynos.

Not even once.
>>
>>45433161
It's IPS and a great screen you autist
>>
>>45437121
IPS LCD

>LCD
>>
What's wrong with the OnePlusOne and what is an alternative?
>>
File: boto x.jpg (44KB, 631x631px) Image search: [Google]
boto x.jpg
44KB, 631x631px
I just got a Moto X 2013 developer edition, should I root and be content with 4.4.4 and xposed or keep it stock and wait for Lollipop?
>>
>>45437563
Shitty customer support and QC. For its price and specs, there are no alternatives.
>>
>>45437659
Well shit. I think I'll buy one anyways, because paying a different phone out of contract is impossible. Unless the financing shit exists.
>>
>>45437652
Keep it stock and wait for lollipop. It'll hit soon and it'll be like a special material design trimmed electronic christmas.
>>
I have £100 for a budget android phone

what do you guys think I should get?
>>
File: 1417091280186.png (366KB, 379x497px) Image search: [Google]
1417091280186.png
366KB, 379x497px
Hey /g/ what phones can currently be color calibrated? Im very autistic regarding color and I need to fine tune it.
>>
Has anyone had experience with Galaxy s3 Neo?

A phone dealer has a sale where it's 40% off, totaling at about 180 Euros.

My second choice is the Moto g 4G.

Very similar specs, what does /g/ think?
>>
>>45437732
I see moto g on uk amazon for 126 gbp.

It's probably your best bet. Anything under that will be pretty subpar
>>
Are there cases with integrated keyboards for modern smartphones that aren't iPhones?
>>
>>45437798
is it getting lollipop 5.0
>>
I need a phone that has a decent camera and isn't huge
what's the cheapest/best option?
>>
>>45437748
My autism would also like to know this.

Lumias have tint and saturation controls, for the record, my 928 seems to be most accurate at full non-auto brightness, color saturation off, and tint set to just right of center, like right on the last letter of "neutral" for what seems to be d65-ish.
>>
Any of you autists have LG g3 and tried unlocking the bootloader with stump of bump or whatever that backwards retarded pos program is?
>>
File: hero2.jpg (1MB, 1920x1193px) Image search: [Google]
hero2.jpg
1MB, 1920x1193px
Note 4 matstur race?
>>
>>45438035
Tried it out I didn't like it as much as my note 3
>>
>>45437748
I think the Xperia phones can do so, at least my ZL can.
>>
>>45438136
Are you sure? I mean fine tunning with gamma, gradient, contrast and so not just color temperature control, the kind of fine tunning you get in Nexus phones.

This was actually a reason why I got a N4 over the ZL..
>>
Bought a Moto X 2014 unlocked for $380 yesterday with the coupon code. How does the camera compare to the Nexus 5? Looking at the specs of the phone, I can see the Moto X is slightly better, but I can't really tell with the camera, and there's no videos comparing the two.
>>
Hurrrr. Herro. I bought an HTC One M8 as an impulse over the Samsung Galaxy S5. Went to my parents house a month later and my sister had an S5. Best decision I impulsively made ever.
>>
>>45438211
Then no, white balance only I think.

I can't say for the newer variants.
If you don't mind me asking, why does it matter so much?
>>
>>45438634
Because anime.
>>
What are some good smartphones with small screens? Size under the screen on the iPhone.
I want something as portable as it can get, but without being made for ants
>>
>>45439836
Iphone 6
>>
>>45439836
So you want a small phone that isn't small?
>>
>>45439836
Xperia Z2 Compact?
>>
>>45440149
Why not Z3 Compact?
>>
In canukistan. Have an mtk phone (opo) and I fucking regret it. I want something that will support cyanogen mod or paranoid android, along with nfc capabilities. Removable battery is a must bonus points for SD. Under 300 bucks 2
>>
>>45440149
No such thing.
>>
I ordered an OPO on Sunday. I really hope the buyer's remorse isn't too strong. It's replacing an Atrix from like 3+ years ago, so I am overdue, but still... I didn't really need it.
>>
What's the easiest way to unroot my G3 if I have to or want to?
And what are the things that are most recommended to download after rooting?
>>
>>45440195
Probably an S4
>>
>>45434014 not using glorious ting
>>
>>45439879
come on now
>>
>>45440085
No, something small without being something I can't put my finger on without blocking most of the screen
Something that can fit in my pocket and that I can use with only one hand if I want
>>45440149
will check this out
>>
>>45440206
Just flash back to stock with their computer tool. That's the only way.

After rooting, freedom, lucky patcher, textrdroider, adaway, titanium backup are all cool.
>>
>>45433302
>Xperia Play
Really not a bad idea, should've been executed better.
Vita's successor should just be a phone with slide-out controls that's also compatible with Vita games. I'd consider it if it was done well.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.