[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the MacBook Pro such a perfect drawing machine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: photo.jpg (2MB, 3028x2346px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
2MB, 3028x2346px
Why is the MacBook Pro such a perfect drawing machine?
>>
a stream 7 would be better. but then again what low tier bait I am replying to...!
>>
>>45413600

>macs good for graphic works
>bait

/g/ ladies
>>
>>45413590
It's a personal computer that can use a tablet and run a drawing program.

Nothing to do with it being a Mac, all reasonably modern and reasonably "normal" laptops can do this.

The first smartphones/tablets also can already, if I recall correctly, but there the software isn't yet all that great...

Basically, this is entirely the usual.
>>
File: 22840i5759B61F857C5198?v=mpbl-1.jpg (87KB, 800x463px) Image search: [Google]
22840i5759B61F857C5198?v=mpbl-1.jpg
87KB, 800x463px
If the MacBook Pro is perfect than what does that make the Surface Pro 3?
>>
>>45413728
Holy shit! That's not so bad. I was about to start a thread asking whether I should get one. That just seals the deal for me. I like drawing alotta animu so that pen will come in handy.
>>
>>45413696
Speaking of drawing with a pc,
>implying an OS can't be better than another
>implying a particular laptop can't be better then another
>implying having a laptop that's exactly as big as your graphic tablet isn't infinitely better than having laptop/tablet at different sizes

You can reach a particular city using various vehicles, but that doesn't mean a particular vehicle can't be better than another
>>
>>45413728
A nice toy for kids
>>
File: Screenshot+(4).png (89KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot+(4).png
89KB, 500x281px
>>45413737
You are an idiot. Kill you are self.

Anyway ca you justify why the Mac is better at drawing than other pc? (e.g Surface Pro 3)
>>
>>45413728
You can also do that on iPad.

Guess what? Anybody with a brain that knows what he's talking about will laugh at you.

>using a non-wacom device
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>45413775
*can
>>
>>45413775

>you are an idiot for telling the truth!
>kill_yourself.meme, I don't want to listen to your words!
>>
>>45413737
> implying an OS can't be better than another
Completely insubstantial in reality for digital 2D painting.

> implying a particular laptop can't be better then another
If you have anything from the last 5 year that wasn't crap, you probably have enough RAM and processing power and a decent enough screen that you can paint fine.

> implying having a laptop that's exactly as big as your graphic tablet isn't infinitely better than having laptop/tablet at different sizes
Yup, that also doesn't matter. You just need a drawing tablet a few times the size of the kind of "features" / strokes that you want to draw, so you don't have to position your hand excessively well initially before making the stroke...

How big your device or display is doesn't matter. You can have a huge drawing tablet or a fairly small one, as long as it's comfortable for the kind of strokes that you want to draw.
>>
>>45413779
>iPad
>digitizer
Please.
>>
>>45413794

>Completely insubstantial in reality for digital 2D painting
Bullshit, drawing is a creative experience, doing it on a crappy uncomfortable OS will inevitably bring worse results

>you probably have enough RAM and processing power
>a decent enough screen
>you can paint fine

>implying color profiles aren't important
>implying all the monitors/screens are the same
>implying weight isn't important

>Yup, that also doesn't matter.
>b-because I said so!

>How big your device or display is doesn't matter.
Please stop
I can't even tell why are you trolling that much

And if you are serious, please stop anyway
I can't laugh that much
>>
>>45413779
I can do it with a light gun in mario paint on a TV too but it doesn't mean that I should.
>>
>>45413728
The Surface Pro 3 has an absolutely garbage digitizer since they dropped Wacom for some shitty Chinese one.
The previous generation was pretty damn good though.
>>
>>45413828
>Bullshit, drawing is a creative experience, doing it on a crappy uncomfortable OS will inevitably bring worse results
Most of the famous works of art (sculptures, buildings, paintings, whatever) were made with crappy uncomfortable tools.

But fortunately, OSX is a fairly annoying piece of crap AND it makes most artists uncomfortably poorer, so that helps...

>How big your device or display is doesn't matter.
As evidenced by OP suggesting a MacBook Pro, it doesn't matter.

This is not exactly a 40" professional high-resolution perfectly color calibrated display... it's a normal consumer display.

Werks fine like other consumer displays. Drawing 2D isn't such a high-requirements affair. You also don't need the best ink, brushes/pens/pencils/... if you do it on paper.
You just don't want to use the most broken crap. But most laptops are not broken and rather amazing tools overall, so... that works.
>>
>>45413852
I tried the Surface 3 Pro extensively in the store and the digitizer felt like those shitty as fuck digital signature pads you find at your local bank. >>45413848 would agree with me. Such a shame since I wanted to upgrade from my Surface Pro 1.
>>
>not owning a Cintiq Companion
>>
>>45413909
> Cintiq
I don't like them or any of the (often slightly less annoying) non-Wacom alternatives.

Why would you want to draw on an actually pretty shitty yet expensive screen with your hand obscuring the picture when you don't have to?
>>
Holy shit that drawing tablet looks thrashed as fuck.
>>
>>45413933
That's normal for a well-used drawing tablet. Wacom or any other brand...
>>
>>45413590
Check 'em
>>
>>45413590
How about showing a drawing that doesn't look like shit. Because at this stage, you have no right of claiming anything is the best.
>>
>>45413928
>hand obscuring
...how do you draw with a pencil, then?

How the fuck do you hold a pen, period?

>shiny
I dunno, the Cintiq Companion has a nice matte finish on the screen. I also used the Surface Pro 1 with no issue, and that screen is as slick as you can possibly get.
>>
>>45413976
>...how do you draw with a pencil, then?
I typically draw on a digitizer. Nothing obscured. The display is vertical and in front of the horizontal digitizer.

When I draw on paper (which I more rarely do), I frequently have to lift my hand just to be able to check better. Not horrible, but it sucks anyways.

Wouldn't recommend anyone to pay extra just to get this inferior solution back.

Never mind the texture and flexibility of the surface is a bit worse than on a digitizer, too..
>>
>>45413997
Artists have used traditional media for years and got by just fine. It's not inferior just because your hands are too fat to draw with.
>>
>>45413590
#OBJECTION
wacom cintiq companion master race reporting in
>>
>>45413590
It's slightly better than a used Thinkpad x201t for 5 times the price, but is it better than 5 Thinkpad x201ts? Checkmate, atheists.
>>
Doesn't Adobe's software run far worse on OSX than on windows?
>>
>>45413590
Why have your tablet cover your keyboard? Who does this shit. I work with a tablet and Photoshop. You pretty much need a keyboard to use Photoshop shortcuts. Otherwise you'd just spent ages doing simple things.
>>
>>45414362
> explaining things logically to Apple users

You must be new at this.
>>
>>45413933
Completely normal if you actually use it.
I've seen way worse.
Only idiots think tablets remain the same after using them with regularity, you almost never see them like how they look in promo pics.
>>
>>45414326
Do you have benchmarks to support that claim?
>>
>>45414259
>is it better than 5 Thinkpad x201ts?

yes
>>
>>45413728
>>45413852
I can attest to the first generation. Once you download the pressure sensitivity drivers which, for whatever reason, aren't installed in the first place, the device is godly.

The only exception is that some programs don't react to the touchscreen very well--I think it was either openCanvas or Paint Tool Sai.
>>
>>45415155
not that guy
but i have a samsung laptop, 6gb ddr3 and an i5 2410m, nvidia geforce gt 520m, with windows 8 (had same experience with windows 7).

i also have a mac mini with 8gb ram, i5 3210m, with Intel HD graphics and OS X 10.9.5.

Photoshop runs MUCH better on OS X in my experience. the type tool has to load when photoshop opens and it takes maybe a second on OS X, takes at least a minute on windows. when zooming in and out of pages the windows machine will flash as if it cant keep up, while os x is smooth and renders the image great at any size. idk, just my experience.
>>
Almost every time I open a blank screen, I have no idea what to draw
>>
>>45415361
draw dignity
>>
>>45415265
I equally use W7 and OSX; PS runs so much better on mac it isn't even funny.
On W7 it takes even minutes to load big files, also it's slower overall.
It's also way more stable, but talking about it, windows version is much better than before since CS6.
>>
>>45415361
Open a blank screen after getting an idea
>>
>>45413972

How about showing a drawing that doesn't look like shit. Because at this stage, you have no right of claiming anything looks like shit.
>>
>drawing on a laptop instead of a desktop with a properly sized monitor
B-but hey having a Mac makes you more of an artist than having actual skill amirite
>>
>>45415600
Op here
I also have a 21.5" iMac
And a pc with a 40" monitor

Fun fact: if the screen is too big, drawing will be uncomfortable, I use the 21.5 over the 40

A laptop that's at least 13" is fine too if screen is decent quality and if it isn't too far from your eyes
>>
>>45415600
It's not having a mac that makes you an artist

it's being an artist that makes you having a mac
>>
Enjoy your small, shitty display.
>>
>>45415705
>its being an artist that makes you have a mac
>this is what wannabe artists and macfags seriously believe
Tools never matter
http://youtu.be/v2g5qbvb7F4
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.