[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one good reason why I should seed my torrents. >inb4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: NOPE.gif (2MB, 286x210px) Image search: [Google]
NOPE.gif
2MB, 286x210px
Give me one good reason why I should seed my torrents.
>inb4 the immorality of being a leech.
>>
>inb4 thread
we in this dis together anon
>>
If you aren't going to seed, then use XDCC or DDL when possible, because torrenting relies on seeders to work.
>>
>>45403883
Resolving acronyms: [XDCC][1], [DDL][2].

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XDCC
[2]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_download_link
>>
>>45403828
Otherwise you encourage people to leech which will make torrents slower and one time maybe even non existent. You're cancer abusing freedom instead of using and one days Jews will rape our asses for it.
>>
File: nothing.png (1KB, 223x210px) Image search: [Google]
nothing.png
1KB, 223x210px
>>45403883

You make this much sense.

Torrents work just fine as long as the seeders in total have every chunk of the file. If no-one seeds but the initial seeder, it basically just degenerates to a DDL.

More seeders just helps get the whole thing distributed. The worst case is still just direct download from one source.
>>
>>45403828
>public trackers

none at all.

>private trackers

they require you to keep a decent ratio or you get kicked off of them. public trackers suck gigantic donkey dicks compared to private trackers, so you'd probably want not to get kicked.
>>
>>45404112
Where can I find a private tracker and if I could get invited, how was it "private" in the first place?
>>
>>45404120
>if I could get invited, how was it "private" in the first place?

Because it's usage is restricted to a specific group. What kind of question was that?
>>
>>45403828
>>45404112
You are the cancer of the earth. Literally the only thing you have to do is leave a small program running in the background, and you are unable to do that.
>hurr muh C&D letters
get a VPN
>hurr muh bandwidth cap
okay, that's a good excuse, but it doesn't affect that much people
>>
Why risk getting in trouble by seeding?
>>
>>45404328
>get a VPN
>paying to pirate
lol
>>
>>45404322
>it's

its
>>
I always seed. I forget about it all too often and things get seeded 13 time over. What's the issue that makes seeding so unfathomable to people?
>>
>>45404053
why would the initial seeder seed?

you just said there's no good reason to.
>>
File: 1415284963403.jpg (49KB, 459x450px) Image search: [Google]
1415284963403.jpg
49KB, 459x450px
>Have a cheap seedbox for $5 a month
>Be able to download at top speeds
>Have a good ratio with private trackers easily

Life is good.
>>
I never seed because my upload is always ~4kbps and I don't have the time to seed each file for literally years.
>>
>>45404865
Same here. What am I doing wrong /g/? My upload speeds are good on everything except seeding.
>>
>>45404899
you aren't going to max your upload speeds except for certain situations.

i.e., you are the only one seeding to a leecher whose download speed matches or exceeds you upload speed.
>>
File: 1316842684847.jpg (18KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1316842684847.jpg
18KB, 360x360px
>>45404000
>leech which will make torrents slower

"leechers" are just peers to share data with, the more the better.
>>
>>45404471
>why would the initial seeder seed?

Release groups, they are beyond human comprehension.
>>
>>45404328
>Literally the only thing you have to do is leave a small program running in the background

True.

But all the babbies with shitty connections crying for me to seed puts me off it.
I make it a point not to seed just to stop people like you from using torrents.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.