[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lets analyze the hell out of battle stations of powerful people!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: afp000805966-4Hhh6Y_EiP.jpg (57KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
afp000805966-4Hhh6Y_EiP.jpg
57KB, 980x551px
lets analyze the hell out of battle stations of powerful people!

here's Stoltenberg's setup. why is it like that and not in some other way?
>>
>>45399948

>computer towards window
>away from desk
>back towards his door

Shows he's not worried about things sneaking up on him.

likes to be able to look away from time to time and focus on the outside world

That he won't let his work get between him and his clients who sit in front of him.

uses pen/paper for notes

Seems like a bro.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 514x362px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 514x362px
>>45399948
>wired keyboard and mouse
worrying about bluetooth sniffing?

here's bush
>no computer
>>
>>45399948
That's pretty standard for higher up executives. They have a lot of meetings, so they can't have a computer on their main desk
>>
>>45400232
I don't think any president has kept a computer in the oval office, or at least on that desk.
>>
>>45400293
how much time do they sit there though? please don't tell me presidental efficiency is bottlenecked by lack of computational aid
>>
File: 1350833279233.png (151KB, 211x290px) Image search: [Google]
1350833279233.png
151KB, 211x290px
>>45400480
>that pretentious sentence
>>
>>45400480
presidents are at the level where their efficiency would be diminished by computer use
>>
>>45400232
>>45400293
>>45400480
I remember reading in a kids magazine in the late 90s that Bill Clinton had a computer "inside" the desk though, like with the screen concealed under glass in the surface. This was considered cool in the days when monitors took up the whole desk by themselves.
>>
That's not a battle station, that's a work station. His real battle station must be 10x better
>>
>>45400232
Here we go
>The president conducts briefings and holds staff meetings in the Oval Office, but it's used primarily as a ceremonial space. Obama does much of his day-to-day work—such as editing speeches and reviewing papers—in the President's Study, located off the Oval Office, and in the Treaty Room, on the second floor of the White House.
>The desk in Obama's Treaty Room, unlike the Resolute desk in the Oval Office, is piled high with paperwork. The room also contains a computer, a printer, and a television. Despite these office amenities, it's unlikely that Obama uses a computer regularly in the White House. As the Explainer noted last year, previous presidents, including Bush and Clinton, went without computers and e-mail in order to avoid the Presidential Records Acts of 1978, which requires commanders-in-chief to archive their correspondence and make it public.

But supposedly Obama uses an ipad in the oval office sometimes, seen in this picture.
>>
File: wuhan-50714114348991.jpg (58KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
wuhan-50714114348991.jpg
58KB, 500x375px
>>45400494
see the content, not the form. although i do agree, if i could edit it i'd replace "please don't tell me" with "is" and appended a "?"

here's mao's office. apparently he used one of those primitive "calculators". common mao, outsource to your STEM folks
>>
>>45400264
>having meetings in your own office
NEET friend, please.
>>
>>45400530
Poor guy looks derped as hell in that photo.
>>
>>45400758
>Is presidental efficiency is bottlenecked by lack of computational aid?
Stop trying so hard, faggot
>>
>>45400897
Stop posting.
>>
File: 978x.jpg (91KB, 978x550px) Image search: [Google]
978x.jpg
91KB, 978x550px
>>45400910
i wanted to express the idea efficiently, using language. i achieved that, after i tried. of course i won't stop trying things i want to do.

here's Norwegian prime minister Solberg on first day in her new office
>>
>>45401011
I didn't know Norwegia was obese too.
>>
>>45400494
>>45400910
am i the only one who didn't take issue with this
>>
>>45401130
I don't think there's anything wrong with it.
>>
>>45401130
No, you're not. I have no idea what they are talking about. Is it the words "computational efficiency?"

I think they're just trying to may may.
>>
>>45400504
>thinking anyone made modifications to the Resolute Desk
Hah, stupid gullible children.
>>
>>45401011
that furniture looks really crappy
>>
>>45401189
Now that you mention it, you must be right. There's no way there is a secret glass top anywhere.

Well, wait, what about Johnson's soda fountain that he supposedly had installed? I thought that was supposed to be a button on the underside of the desk.
>>
>>45401079
Most of the developed world is obese, it's a side effect of excess. People just like to rag on the US about it, despite there being other objectively fatter countries.
>>
>>45401237
"Most of the developed world is obese."

I suspect that this isn't true, because most countries have a lower-than-50% obesity rate.
>>
>>45401235
It's doubtful that any change would be made to the Resolute Desk. I think some presidents had it moved and replaced, though, Johnson may have been one of them.

>>45401252
> <=50% obesity means your country isn't obese
>actually saying that a country with a 49% obesity rate isn't an obese country
>believing all developed countries want to release true statistics about their weight problems
It's just a pattern. Once the standard of life has increased enough, food will be so available that people will get fat. It's human nature to eat what we can because it's how we survived before farming.

But hey, bubbles are nice to live in sometimes.
>>
>>45401237
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_obesity#mediaviewer/File:World_map_of_Male_Obesity,_2008.svg

usa is more obese.

maybe it's because americans have had longer to get fat, given that the common american got excess of food before the common west european.

or maybe it's because of the lack of state regulations benefiting public health.

in Norway it's considered to put health warnings on candy, such as with tobacco products. that stuff actually helps, and it's on the expense of the companies that supply the unhealthy products
>>
>>45401303
>> <=50% obesity means your country isn't obese
Oh no, that's not what I mean at all. When I said "Norwegia [sic] is obese?" I didn't literally mean "Are >50% of the people obese?"
I just take issue with the phrasing "most of the developed world is obese." An accurate statement might've been "most countries in the developed world have an obesity problem."
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.