[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new phone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: Nexus-6-vs-Galaxy-Note-4.png (416KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
Nexus-6-vs-Galaxy-Note-4.png
416KB, 600x333px
hey /g/, recently i was available for an upgrade on at&t and i've decided to get a new phone.I'm coming from an iPhone 4 and it's done me well, even when it got slow during the end i jail broke it and i still love it. I've narrowed it down to two phones, the galaxy note 4 and the Google nexus 6, what does /g/ recommend?
>>
Moto G :^)
>>
>>45387439
OnePlus One
>>
>>45387439
Nexus 6 if you want a pure Android experience. I'm not really biased toward one another. Both are good options.
>>
>>45387482
>>
>>45387482
well seeing as i cant fucking buy one and i don't know when the'll allow anyone to buy, that's not an option
>>
>>45387559
What do you like about the Note 4?
>>
>>45387569
What's not to like about the Note 4?

The only real thing is the way Touchwiz looks, which can be mostly remedied by using Nova Launcher.
>>
>>45387569
it has that S-pen and it's multitasking features look good
>>
>>45387604
The KNOX bullshit.
>>
I'm on Verizon, and it's time to upgrade. I'm looking at the Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Motorola X 2nd gen, and S5. Which will last longer? I'd rather not upgrade for another three years or so. Also, which one is best for console emulators?

OP from your two I'd go with the Nexus 6.
>>
>>45387608
Has never really been a problem for me with the Note 3. The custom ROM developers, if they truly know what they're doing, just engineer around it.
>>
>>45387618
Why the S5?

The Note 4 is better than the S5.
>>
>>45387606
Yeah they're pretty nice, I don't really use multi-window myself though.
>>45387604
Agreed. Other then that the Note 4 is great.
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 720x960px
In the same boat op. I am also considering the iphone 6+ though.

The nexus 6 is what I was sure I was going to go for but between the screen being inferior to the note 4 and 6+, the battery life being not very good, the letters on the back peeling off, the screen burn in, the encryption read/write issues, just not sure anymore.
>>
>>45387656
The S5 is a bit smaller, isn't it? The only Note-line phones I remember seeing were pretty huge. I haven't been to a store yet to feel up phones, but I think my friend's HTC One M8 is a good size.
>>
>>45387727
S5 is 5.1 inches as opposed to 5.7 inches.
>>
>>45387684
yeah i was considering the iPhone 6+ because my past two phones were an iPhone but i'm not sure if it's worth the $300 price tag
>>
>>45387989
If you like iOS and don't have a specific need to switch to Android, then it might not be a horrible idea to keep to the Apple ecosystem, considering you're already invested in it.
>>
If you don't own a Note 4 y, or plan on buying a Note 4 you're a nigger

I had the Note 3 for the past full year and it was absolutely 10/10 god tier

Note 4 seems to be even better

I'm on it now
>>
>>45388044
Worried about touchwiz ram usage, touchwiz lag, bloat, locked bootloader, Knox, and screen uniformity.
>>
File: 2145.jpg (103KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
2145.jpg
103KB, 666x666px
>contract phone
>>
>>45388146
bloat is a non issue, I haven't seen TouchWiz pop up yet

screen us just the right size

also I dropped my note 3 a thousand times and submerged it in water, and is still working. Hoping the note 4 will have similar results

also iPhone cuckolds need to be lined up and shot
>>
>>45387559
you can buy one from their website all weekend, though

no invites needed
>>
>>45388044
What if I want something smaller than a Note 4 though
>>
File: tumblr_lwq98aDP3j1qzgmug.jpg (33KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwq98aDP3j1qzgmug.jpg
33KB, 251x251px
>>45388147
>paying $600+ just to be "off contract"
>>
>>45387604
>The only real thing is the way Touchwiz looks, which can be mostly remedied by using Nova Launcher.
More like all of those shitty features, shitty apps, outdated Android, and shitty stock apps.
None of that can be remedied by installing a different launcher. Touchwiz is not even close to being just a launcher.
>>
>>45388266
no, really, buy the OPO. it's GSM, so AT&T, and it's on sale to everyone all weekend. actually hold to your word, /g/, and get on this so smug dipshits (like yourself) get shown the door
>>
File: IMG_0066.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0066.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
well switching to android after using iOS is like life after member amputation
you can still be alive, you will be missing many useful features, but you can get used to it
one thing is sure:
life will never be so good any more
>>
>>45388211
Then you're likely an Asian

which is funny considering where Samsung comes from, lel
>>
>>45388183
>also iPhone cuckolds need to be lined up and shot

Opinion disregarded edgy retard.

>hurr my phone is so superior you all need to be killed
>>
>>45388355
>>which is funny considering where Samsung comes from, lel

not Asia?
>>
>>45388350
Android is at least a trilingual times better than ios lol

I can't even comprehend how people haven't been using it for the past 4 years

it's like..it's like people still using standard def tvs for the last 4 years
>>
>>45388382
i will not argue which os is better coz im not getting paid for that

everybody has some kind of taste, one likes cheezy dicks other likes smelless pussy

when using iphones you get used to getting certain standard which you demand getting another similar device.
i had iphone 4 and my gf took nexus 4 following my advice. well, lets say i do not like the taste of android, and i say that actually trying it - many haters just hate didn't even laying hands of actual hate target.
>>
>>45388350
The fuck is wrong with your coke bottle?
>>
>>45387439
nexus, cuz nexus

>not nexus
>any year
always nexus
>>
>>45387604
>What's not to like about the Note 4?
how easy to unlock bootloader?
how easy to root?
how easy to install custom rom?
>>
>>45387604
>using a proprietary closed-source non-free launcher

what are you some kind of faggit?
>>
>>45388521
its german bottle
and it has to be that way coz its german
and i bet it has to made in germany
coz germany
>>
iOS is shit

Note 4
>>
>>45387661
>>45387606
what multi window feature?
how get multi window on nexus 6?
>>
>>45388607
It's a gimmick that barely functions and requires you to use the shittiest mobile OS known to man.
>>
>>45387684
>screen being inferior
its a 2560x1440 AMOLED display.
its the best screen of any cell-phone ever
>>
>>45388645
but iOS doesn't have multi window support
>>
>>45388044
>not using a nexus
>>>/out/
>>
>>45388183
>doesnt address the locked bootloader
pleb detected
>>
>>45388668
whats the point of having something that works only partly?

like all the other advertised shit like scrolling with eyes and all other snake oil

"hey hun, i will give you bj, but you ll have to finish it by yourself"
>>
>>45388266
>doesnt realize you end up paying more on contract
>cant into math
>cant into money namagement

stay dumb
>>
>>45388350
using iOS is like having your hands tied behind your back
>>
>>45388645
>It's a gimmick
can it allow me to browse the web while watching a video?
>>
>>45388749
Only if you never have to type anything.
>>
>>45388726
be honest. how many times a month you mod your phone? how many different features brought by rooting your phone normally do you use.
when you think about for a second you realize that you was just convinced to so called freedomz.
>>
>>45388706
>hey hun, i will give you bj, but you ll have to finish it by yourself

better than nothing idiot
>>
>>45388788
It's not just about the software. I currently have a note 4

>that god tier battery life
>That amazing screen
>That 3gigs of ram with great multitasking
>That s-pen
>That beautiful camera
>>
>>45388869
well, then you must have never experienced getting bj
>>
>>45388788
Im sorry that youre so retarded you cant fully utilize the added functionality of a rooted device running a free and open-source operating system
>>
>>45388788
Not him but

>how many times a month you mod your phone?
What do you mean by mod? If you mean install custom ROMs and stuff then only when there are updates. I find a stable custom ROM for my device and stick with it.

>how many different features brought by rooting your phone normally do you use.
Plenty. I used viper4android on 4.4 to get my Note 3 to actually output an acceptable volume level. Now on 5.0 I use a custom kernel which allows the same thing. Greenify hibernates apps that like to use up too many CPU cycles, I use the quck pulldown function of basically every custom ROM to get to my toggle buttons fast, I changed my DPI from a wasteful 480 DPI to 380DPI which gives me a lot more viewing area on the entire UI, my SMB server allows me to connect to my phone and browse it using a normal file manager, I have tasker which allows me to control my phone using commandr and Google Voice Search... There's plenty of other things as well, and this is all without getting into xposed.
>>
>>45388900
>>That beautiful camera
>Note 4
kek
>>
>>45388905
no u
>>
>>45388659
>thinks resolution is the only determination of screen quality

Yeah man my camera has more megapixels so that means it's better.

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>45388970
>>
>>45388900
that is absolutely perfect, you are satisfied with product you purchased.

that is the point of diversity among products available on the market.

>>45388914
I just don't need it.

>>45388919
great. you got yourself perfect device for modifications. i see nothing wrong with that.

the problem is that many people know better what is good to other people. muh freedomz, muh design, muh pricetag,
and whats more many of them are android users that think they are smarter than iOS users.
i don't get it why someone cares how i spend my cash
>>
>>45388942
I clearly also mentioned the fact that its AMOLED instead of LCD, so already you sound like a moron

Also, cameras have lenses that are a major factor which determines image quality; do phone displays have lenses?

no? well i guess youre a fuckin idiot then
>>
>>45389005
>i don't get it why someone cares how i spend my cash

right which is why im sick of people telling me i cant fuck hookers and do drugs
>>
>>4538914
that is right.
after trying shrooms i can tell that forbidding them is a crime
>>
>>45389122
You retarded fucking nigger the nexus 6 is objectively inferior to the note 4. Look at grayscale accuracy, brightness, color accuracy, tons of other things besides fucking resolution. You tech illiterate fags don't belong here, get out.
>>
>>45389188
[citation needed]
HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA fucking fag
>>
>>45389122
>AMOLED
what is color accuracy?
>>
>>45389326
Phone arena has measurements of the display in their review. Go look at it you fucking idiot.

Also displaymate has extremely extensive measurements of the note 4.

>>45389376
Not the case anymore, at least for the note 4. Very accurate colors in basic mode.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.