Hi /g/. I currently got rid of all the furniture in my room bar my bed. I currently have a PC, magazines, books, a few games and three monitors lying on the floor.
This is a golden opportunity for /g/ to come together and design the perfect room. Money is no worry.
I'm a programmer and like minimalism. I'll need everything from wallpaper, flooring, lighting, desks, chairs etc. literally everything inside a room. Please help me design a totally awesome room /g/.
My PC is the holy grail of my room and so I'd want a decent desk etc to go with it. I was thinking things from IKEA.. but there must be better out there somewhere?
That's a random picture from the Internet. Here's a picture of my room. It's about 6m x 6m (britfag).
Well, you definitely need a shelf, I'll assume that's all the space your room has pretty much, I'd get rid of some books but if you need them then the first thing you need to do is put a BIG shelf in there and set it against that wall also to hide that crappy looking stuff on the corner and some posters because I can't stand that fucking wall color. get rid of the flag or at least put it somewhere else. Get a black shelf and that desk is ugly but if you're gonna keep it it will combine better with your desk and tower.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Re books, I've already thrown out large piles of them, so I will keep this lot.
Re color of my room, I can paint it or decorate it however I want. Thoughts?
Yeah I'll bin the flag.
I've been saving money for months and so have neglected to buy skirting boards until I start this project.
1) everything out, really, everything, this includes desk, cables and bed
2) fix the fucking floor, seriously, can't even see what the fuck is wrong with it but looks horrible
3) fix the fucking wall. Paint it. Neatly. Go for white, grey or a really light pastel color or you'll regret it some day.
4) torch the desk (or sell it as overpriced antique). Regardless of aestethics, its one of the most impractical desks I've ever seen.
5) Put all cabling in place and cover it as appropriate to keep a clean look
6) Get a fucking shelf, preferably floating, to put books on
7) Get a closet with doors or cabinet so all the trash you refuse to throw out isn't seen all the time (million CD-R's, old ass printer), makes it look much cleaner
8) Get a desk that is large enough for what you want: You should be able to write something without moving the keyboard away. Floating shelf over it for easy acces to much-used stuff.
9) Clothes go in a wardrobe, WITH DOORS or you'll have a paradise of dust and shit in no time. Also, put mirrors on them or on the room door as it's the most practical place for mirrors.
10) When you put the computer back on your new desk, get something for cable management. Doesnt matter what, but get it.
11) If you really want to keep the Swedish flag HANG IT THE FUCKING WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO this is a shame
As an owner of that particular glass desk, I can tell you it's shit. It's cold, writes like shit and fucks up your arms if you rest them on the edges. Also it wiggles as the mass of the glass is way too much for the flimsy supports
I'm sorry madam, it's illegal to have a Swedish flag without checking your privilege, please remove for the Somali Star flag or the SCANDI SJW FORCE will be knocking on your door.
You're right. Probably 4.5 x 4.5.
More artificial light? My house is overlooked by numerous trees and light struggles to get through the branches and leaves.
Yes they were.
What desks do people recommend?
get a big ass normal ikea table and a big fuggen shelf and a shelf with doors
I have a window heh, but its really low and tall.
There are no corporations that profit off of observing me through my windows. Yet.
>implying I don't have blinds down
>implying I didn't choose my living quarters specifically because it's an quiet residential area with low vehicle traffic
To the left more so it's right under the cupboards, Use opaque window film over your window
I would have done something like this, not the best with the tv/speaker combo but I like to look out of the window a lot when at the computer
Virtual Reality setup with the Oculus Rift, Modified NES powergloves and a custom maid USB controller
The bed would not fit into that length wise and the viewing angle would be a awkward for the projector.
i know what your are thinking, full blown fucking corner desk the extend all the way through
Well, since we're talking about room design and we're on a tech board, answer me this /g!
How do you deal with DUST with minimal effort?
I have pic related, which works well enough, and forces you to keep your pad tidied up as you can't have stuff laying around on the floor.
I want to know if you are familiar with those filtered fans, some even have HEPA filters. Are they worth the price? Do they help getting rid of dust and cat hair?
Help me /g! I cant afford a maid, and robotic maids don't exist yet :(
Get shelves that close, get glass doors to prevent dust settling in (but get ready then to clean glass from fingerprints and all). Put yo stuff on shelves, dont let it lie on the floor.
Get rid of trinkets and other dust gatherers (dont get little statue souvenirs, like mini eiffel towers, mini big bens, snow globes and all that. The ONLY thing they do is... gather dust)
Clean up weekly... no other way around...
I used to have one of those Honeywell HEPA filter things. They sorta work in cleaning the air but your best bet is to vacuum. Pet hair tends to stick on everything so you have to clean.