[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does every company copy apple's designs? >inb4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: tablets-before-and-after-ipad.jpg (209KB, 580x812px) Image search: [Google]
tablets-before-and-after-ipad.jpg
209KB, 580x812px
Why does every company copy apple's designs?

>inb4 they're all made in the same factory
Companies could design their own products, but they just choose to use apple as their R&D.
>>
>>45365301
Why should a company waste money on R and D when they can just copy? Apple does it all the time.
>>
>>45365301
troll.. but still: Apple copied the iPad design, it isn't their original work. I think they even admitted that by them self, or atleast lost a court case
>>
File: Tablet.jpg (90KB, 764x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tablet.jpg
90KB, 764x800px
The tablets you posted really don't look that different from the iPad except for the presense of physical buttons

Considering where touchscreen technology was at the time, there's no surprise physical buttons are all over those things

It's a pretty natural design progression though, and your image is leaving out many of the interstitial designs that look much closer to what became the iPad
>>
>>45365342
There's really only so much you can do to make a square slab unique
>>
>>45365301

> rectangular brick with a screen on it
> INNOVASHUN
>>
>>45365363
>apple creates modern product design copied by everyone
>not innovation

>pc component manufacturer makes something sliglhtly faster
>/g/ goes nuts
>OMG SO MUCH INNOVATION
>>
>>45365431
If chip design was where it was 10 years ago you couldn't have an iPad
>>
>>45365431
do you even know what the word innovation means?
>>
>>45365301
Every year I just default say that "It's just a black, rectangular device. How can you make it look unique to your company" when it comes to Samsung being shit on.
And then we have products like the HTC One, or the Kindle Voyage. There's no excuse, a lot of designers are taking the easy way out and using a 'generic' design that Apple got to first.
>>
>>45365497
>using a 'generic' design that Apple got to first.
topkek. another useless tripfag.
>>
>>45365444
>ipad couldn't have existed in 2005
alright m8
>>
>>45365511
I mean generic as in a black rectangular front, and a clean metallic back.
And when I say "Apple got to it first" I mean in a popular consumer sense.
They're a necessary evil.
>>
File: cons1202_00.jpg (42KB, 620x251px) Image search: [Google]
cons1202_00.jpg
42KB, 620x251px
>>45365301
The same shit with cell phones. It's not true that tastes differ.
>>
>>45365521
Look at the chipsets in early devices released in 2005, slow as fuck, huge and power inefficient
>>
>>45365455
its when a big black brother just escaped state prison and comes into your room through your window and ties your feet and hands while taping your mouth shut with duck tape and then violently raping your ass hole until your ass expands it becomes a permanent cesspit of filth/.
>>
>>45365541

That picture is depressing.
>>
>>45365301
Do you know what is fashion? This is the current fashion in the consumer tech world.
>>
I think most people back then will never think of making a device that is enough power to read books, play small games, but not enough to put in a full os. Keyboard was still a must have for any portable device? and they are considering the use of plastic and still sturdy enough to handle a few drops? This is my assumption.
>>
>>45365511
How's the anti-apple reality distortion field? :)
>>
File: 9.jpg (188KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
188KB, 720x540px
>>45365541
>>45365561
>Implying that's true

Nice cherry picking
>>
>>45365545
But the improvements in the last 10 years haven't been that great.

and you can thank apple for those small improvements, without them there would be little incentive to improve and we'd be stuck with bulkier devices
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 1264x632px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 1264x632px
>>45365301
Idk, but I wish Microsoft would come out with an 8in surface. Shit would be so ca$h, especially if it ran full windows and not rt.
>>
>>45365601
Really? Look at the history of tablets

The improvements between 1990 and 2010 are staggering, and that's all happening before Apple entered the market
>>
>>45365541
Thank god we're out of the bronze age. Christ those are ugly. Different isn't always better.
>>
>>45365668
you need to take those apple dicks out of your mouth
>>
>>45365668
>Different isn't always better.
The slogan of the herd.
>>
>>45365730
Except, it's basically true.
HTC One's UltraPixels are fucking garbage.
Apple is blindly praised when they play catch up with Android.
Having Android in general fucking sucks when a lot of great apps are (timed) exclusives on iOS.
BlackBerry Passport's form-factor is awkward.
HTC's RE camera looks childish.
It goes on...
>>
I hate it. All phones are the same nowadays. There's no fucking variety. If you don't like an aspect of modern smartphones you're fucked.
>>
>>45365754
Gonna confirm how bad the HTC One/One M8 camera is.
It reminds me of the camera on my Nokia dumb phone..
>>
>>45365617
That's over the last quarter century
apple could have made a decent tablet 8 years ago with the release of the iphone
>>
>>45365762
Why is it in 2014 phones still have potato quality cameras?
>>
>>45365777
Why is it 2014 and you aren't using a dedicated camera for actual quality photographs?
>>
>>45365762
I thought the M7's camera was decent at first, but it looked so soft and blurry whenever I checked them on a monitor. And then I was struck by the purple tint and swore off UltraPixels.
It's a great concept that competitors are incorporating into their tech though.
>>
>>45365784
No.
'Ultrapixels" are bullshit.
All they did was take a normal sized image sensor and make the pixels bigger (There for 4 fucking megapixels) Manufacturers need to be doing what Nokia did and make the sensor size bigger not the pixels themselves.
>>
>>45365783
because I'm a poorfag who needs a service provider to subsidize things for me ;_;
>>
>Apple releases rectangle with rounded corners, and there's a smaller rectangle inside
>later, companies do the same thing
OMG THEY STOLE APPLES INNUVASHUNS
>>
>>45365730
It's true. Apple tries to change it up with the iPhone 5C? Flop. Massive design change on the iPhone 6? Few weeks and it turns into a literal 'C'

>>45365754
this
>>
>>45365573
Samsung: ripping off the iPhone since before it was even born.
>>
>>45365853
If it was such a simple design to create why didn't another company do it first? Why is apple always first?
>>
>>45365870
But they literally did, see >>45365573
>>
>>45365876
if you look at those devices from other angles you'd know they're nothing like the iphone
>>
>>45365978
They're big slabs with rounded corners and a single button

You're moving the goalposts
>>
>>45366015
but all recently made smartphones copy the iphone to a t
>>
>>45365301
>note 4 edge
>note series
only thing they copied is the inverted colour scheme in the contacts. which is fucking awful and retarded
>all white instead of all black
>in super amoled
>>
File: 22.jpg (38KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
38KB, 533x400px
>>45366048
Going from rounded corner device with one button and a big screen to a thinner version with a smaller bezel is just the march of technology
>>
>>45365301
This sandnigger who was brought up in America had had a lot of money. and he put them into the advertisement for brainwashing.
>>
>>45365301
>If apple didn't fag things up we could have been living in an age of glorious tablet designs with styluses, robust hard plastic lining and handles.
feelsbadman.bat
>>
>>45365301
>Why does Apple copied Sony & Braun designs.
>>
File: sony-s2-dual-screen_616[1].jpg (73KB, 616x462px) Image search: [Google]
sony-s2-dual-screen_616[1].jpg
73KB, 616x462px
But they do.
Look at this.
Look at tons of Archos products
Look at the asus(?) tablet which is just a big screen in which you plug you phone.
Look at the samsung note series
Look at blackberry phones
Look at the nokia camera phone / samsung camera phone
Look at the Z ultra
Look at all the laptop / tablet things
Look at the lenovo yoga
Look at the Yotaphone

Seriously
Are you fucking dense OP?
Do you even look at what the industry does or are you wearing Apple glasses?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.