[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literature thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

File: 112514.jpg (185KB, 1500x1126px) Image search: [Google]
112514.jpg
185KB, 1500x1126px
Whatcha reading, /g/?

What are you reading it on?
>>
The Stand

Kobo Aura
>>
Have you read your SICP today, /g/?
>>
File: ASUS+RT-AC68U+Wireless+Router_1.jpg (221KB, 1573x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ASUS+RT-AC68U+Wireless+Router_1.jpg
221KB, 1573x1600px
I need a need router soon, is the RT-AC68U really the best money can buy?
>>
File: IMG_20141125_195918.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141125_195918.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I was reading A Farewell to Arms up until a few minutes ago
>>
how to make friends and influence people
>>
>>45330180
>Fucking dipstick.
>fucking greaseball dipstick nothing cipher zilcho zero
>on my hands

Desire to rape intensifies.
>>
Theres a whole board for "whatcha reading" you know.
>>
>>45330352

Man up and build your own home network stack. Get ubiquiti edgerouter lite for a start.
>>
File: frozen-character-guide-anna.jpg (223KB, 775x450px) Image search: [Google]
frozen-character-guide-anna.jpg
223KB, 775x450px
I'm not a bad person for reading books on my Moto G... am I?
>>
1Q84 - Haruki Murakami
Cailbre.

>>45330352
I have an RT-N66U, running Merlin. Great piece of hardware.
>>
>>45330180
Pls tell me this a joke. Pls
No one can be this edgy.
Not even Richard Dawkins' books ranting about god.
>>
File: IMG_3170.jpg (135KB, 792x1188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3170.jpg
135KB, 792x1188px
The Great Shark Hunt by Hunter S. Thompson
>>
>Whatcha reading, /g/?
This thread.

>What are you reading it on?
This laptop screen.
>>
The Aleph
On a paper book
>>
File: Photo on 11-25-14 at 7.13 PM.jpg (186KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 11-25-14 at 7.13 PM.jpg
186KB, 1080x720px
>>45330546
not with that picture you aren't

reading pillars of the earth on my first gen kindle paperwhite
>>
>>45330180
http://exhentai.org/g/760972/adec28743a/

/ss/ with onee-san
>>
>>45330546
I do that too (the 4.5'' version) I have gone through a couple of short novels (150 pages) and now I'm reading some programming books. I like it I'm not sure if an ereader will be that much of a difference
>>
>>45330352
Yes mine's great!
>>
I need a micro usb cable, some rodent chewed through mine. When I finally obtain one, I am going to read both Absolute FreeBSD Second Edition, Absolute OpenBSD Second edition, and K&R.
>>
>>45333778
Oh. and I use a kobo touch that I've had had since 2010. Still works like new.
>>
>>45333826
>textbooks on an e-reader
>>
The Martin - Andy Weir
Fifty Shades Freed - E.L.James
Audiobook via, Sansa Clip
>>
Norwegian Wood- Murakami.
Kindle Paperwhite.
Not terrible, but not my favorite Murakami as of yet.
>>
>>45330180
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria Vol. 5 on Dell Venue 8 Pro. Love novels, love my light tablet.
>>
>>45334875
Is there still no good e-reader for textbooks?
They are the only reasons I'd get a e-reader.
>>
The World of Ice and Fire.
GEB
Dune Messiah
Kindle Paperwhite
>>
A Confederacy of Dunces
Printed paper, paperback book
>>
Vyvyan Evans - The Language Myth
Bee Time - Mark Winston

Kobo Aura
>>
>>45330180
Suggest me something to read /g/. No textbooks, I read enough of those for my classes.
A light novel might be cool too.

Gonna be reading it on a good ol' cheap Kindle.
>>
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Doctor Zhivago

All these names I have to keep track.
>>
>>45335533
It's not so much a problem with e-readers as it is with the fucking greedy antiquated textbook publishers who refuse to make convenient digital versions of their textbooks available
>>
>>45335671
At least for CS, most textbooks are available as indexed, full-text searchable e-books.
I find decent digital versions of academic publishers like Springer easily.
>>
>>45330403
I'm reading it too. I was kinda burned out on military books and don't really care for them anymore but I started reading it for some reason and it's pretty good.
>>
>>45335765

Had to read it in high school, wasn't all that impressed myself
>>
The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays by Albert Camus.
/lit/ is my second board by the way, it's good to see a literature thread here on /g/.
We could be friends.
>>
>>45330857
>kobo with the button

Damn, my nigga. I had that but it broke :(
>>
File: IMG_20141126_060618324.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141126_060618324.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Finishing up design and implementation
>>
>>45330210
Yes, I'm actually working through it at the moment. It's better than I expected.
>>
>>45332064
Are you Michael Smiley?
>>
File: 005 - rpKYKA2.png (23KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
005 - rpKYKA2.png
23KB, 750x750px
>>45330403
>dem feels
>>
>>45330403
rip kindle
>>
>>45335470

Have you heard of/read Murakami's book Underground?
I've been meaning to get my hands on it for a while now.
>>
>>45332064
nice patrician hair
>>
When should I start reading SICP? I'm afraid I won't have enough programming knowledge to understand it. I just finished my data structures course, the third college programming course. Graphs, BST, LL, Stacks, Queues, etc.
>>
Menschliches, Allzumenschliches (Human, All Too Human) on a kindle keyboard

SICP on laptop
>>
>>45330180
The Illuminatus! Triology

Kobo Aura
>>
Kobo aura hd 2 when with 350 ppi when?
>>
I'm reading the A Song of Ice and Fire books on muh kindle paper white 2
>>
Need device for reading in bed that has backlight

What should I get?
>>
>>45336059
kobo aura
kobo aura H2O
kindle paperwhite
kindle voyage

those are pretty much the best ebook readers around
>>
Intro to C# and .NET.
Hardback.
>>
>>45336075
Thanks
>>
Last chapter on some biography about about a merchant/dude called Thomas Blake Glover. Gonna start reading the The Two Towers later today.

Both on paper.

I've been thinking about getting a e-reader for quite a while now but I'm not sure I'll like it. I can't really read anything bigger than a wikipedia article on my computer/phone before I get turned off, and while the display is different, I kinda want to try it before I buy it first.
>>
>>45336059
I have a Kindle Paperwhite, it's as good as it gets. Use Calibre to put your files in there.
>>
Some motherfucker borrowed my Fahrenheit 451 (inb4 entry level shit) and have yet to return it after 5 months, fuckin hell

Back to the topic at hand:
>Starship Troopers

>on paper
>>
after having a few kindles and trying other peoples readers I got an Aura HD and it is by far the best ereader I have ever used. I didn't really read manga before because I hate reading on a computer and it's a fuck around to get on a kindle, but with a 64gb sd I can have 15+ series on it at once no trouble, I then keep all my books on the internal memory. I read books mostly but manga is much easier to pickup for light reading when I cbf like on the shitter or whatever. The resolution is incredibly good and it's not just for images like manga, text of books looks crisp, the backlight is excellent too and it doesn't hurt the battery life anywhere near as bad as I thought it would. Solidfanboy/10. Not a huge fan of touchscreens though, I'd ratehr they include at least a button on each side for page turns, it's makes it too hard to read with one hand if you have to swipe.

oh and I'm reading pic related. I cannot get enough of blood meridian, read it a few years ago and have read it twice since, I actively stop myself re reading it all the time so I don't wear it out. phenomenal book. That bookk I'm reading now is a bit dry since it's an academic text, but still interesting.
>>
>>45336188
>Fahrenheit 451 (inb4 entry level shit)

It's OK, this isn't /lit/. You won't get mocked for reading a perfectly well written and enjoyable book here.

Well, you might because /g/ is also full of pretentious faggots.
>>
>>45330857
fuck nigga me too. nst
>>
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-insane-young-adult-novels-with-disturbing-messages/

nexus 7
>>
>>45332138
nice ban
>>
Encounter With Tiber, on a Kindle Paperwhite 2. After that it's Gibson's latest, hardcover.
>>
I had a stupid moment and bought a fuckload of books all at once despite not even having time to read one of them right now.

I'll take a photo of the tower of books when I get a chance.
>>
And Quiet Flows the Don by Sholokhov on paper
>>
>>45330193
come down and eat chicken with me beautiful
>>
Book 2 of Game of Thrones on my paper white. Pretty good 9/10. Not gonna watch the show.
>>
What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
by Randall Munroe

Kobo aura HD
>>
>>45338470
Randall pls go.
>>
File: (JPEG Image, 225 × 346 pixels).jpg (15KB, 225x346px) Image search: [Google]
(JPEG Image, 225 × 346 pixels).jpg
15KB, 225x346px
Masters of Deception: The Gang That Ruled Cyberspace

Reading it on a really old HP laptop
>>
>>45332064
You look really nice. Would hang out with.
>>
The Wise Man's Fear

Book
>>
空の境界 and a biography of TE Lawrence
Moto G since I like reading in contorted positions in comfy chairs and I'm too cheap to get a proper e-reader

>>45336261
I should read that. Blood Meridian was quite the read, and despite re-reading it fairly recently I can't shake the feeling that a lot is going right over my head.
>>
The Tunnel by Ernesto Sabato

Kindle 2 (the keyboard is useful outside of reading for various dictionaries)
>>
>>45332064
You look like an old friend of mine. Would totaly share a pint with you.
>>
Neuromancer by William Gibson on my Nexus 7
>>
Neuromancer on a Kobo Glo.
>>
Savage Detectives. Physical book.

I'm gonna buy a Kobo Glo though. Books are expensive.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.