[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it technologically possible for Aliens to travel to Earth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 14

File: 1406722072940.gif (1MB, 346x188px) Image search: [Google]
1406722072940.gif
1MB, 346x188px
Is it technologically possible for Aliens to travel to Earth?
>>
>>45311136
Aliens as in micro-organisms hitching a ride on comets? Yes, it is possible.

Aliens as in sentient beings on a distant planet on the other side of the galaxy first discovering us and then travelling here? No.
>>
Yes.
>>
How the hell could anyone answer this.
It's technically possible, but it'd take a very, very long time. The problem is that it'd take so long that it'd be only chance if it arrives at the same time there's humans on the planet.
>>
>>45311159
>>45311147
>what are wormholes
>>
>>45311136
>>45311159
What how do you know it would take a long time? They could literally be here tomorrow?

Of course it is possible you buffoon.
>>
>implying aliens with technology this advanced would give a shit about earth in the first place
>>
>>45311136
At our present level of technology? No.
A century or two more advanced? Possibly
>>
>>45311167
Fictional and non-existing.
>>
>>45311176
What if they curious
>>
ITT: the opposite of autism, where any attempt at a literal reading is discarded and people include details which no one asked about
>>
>>45311184
What is general relativity? If wormholes are fictional, so is the lightspeed barrier.
>>
>>45311188
Ayy lmao
>>
>>45311167
>>45311172
I was basing my answer on currently known science. Wormholes are science fiction.
Hence why I said "How the hell could anyone answer this".
How the hell could anyone answer this?
>>
>>45311136
>let's ask /g/ to forecast all possible technological advancements that could happen in N time

gee
>>
File: obama-shake.jpg (6KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
obama-shake.jpg
6KB, 261x193px
>>45311195
Oh this is going to be good. Please tell me exactly what in the general relativity that mandates that wormholes can exist.

Dis gun b gud
>>
>>45311204
We are having a thought provoking deabte like gentlement
>>
>>45311213
*that mandates that wormholes MUST exist.

Sorry, typo'd
>>
>>45311204
By realizing that on Earth we already have:
- technology for sending craft outside of our solar system
- biologically immortal species
- at least a couple billion more years of existence as a planet

If it's possible for us to have gotten to this point, it's possible for aliens.
>>
>>45311195
Whoa hold on there buddy. Wormholes are not a natural extension of spacetime.
They're an imagined extension of spacetime. IE something that might be possible, but there's no current evidence that it is.
It's firmly in the 'we don't know' category of things.

There are three categories of things:
Things we think we know
Things we know we don't know
Things we don't know that we don't know

Wormholes are in category 2, and category 3 is unknown. Category 1 is things like general relativity.
>>
>>45311223

technically it doesn't need to mandate they exist, it only has to allow for the possibility of them to make it technologically possible
>>
>>45311236
See >>45311234
>>
>>45311225
then you read the text I did give:
>It's technically possible, but it'd take a very, very long time. The problem is that it'd take so long that it'd be only chance if it arrives at the same time there's humans on the planet.
And bam, you find out that's the answer I gave.
>>
>>45311213
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole
>>
File: 1413415687985.jpg (351KB, 567x572px) Image search: [Google]
1413415687985.jpg
351KB, 567x572px
I see two conceivable possibilities here:

a) This hypothetical alien race developed and evolved on their home world much like we are doing now. They went through seemingly endless periods of social and economic upheaval while their society grew and flourished. Eventually they overcame their petty worldly concerns and embraced a future in space. They developed faster than light transportation and went out into the galaxy in exploration. I find a race such as this must be benevolent, and the probably adhere to a strict non interference policy with lower lifeforms (humans), which is why they haven't contacted us yet.

b) This hypothetical alien race stole their space faring technology from another race during some kind of conflict. In which case they are totally unpredictable, probably extremely hostile and we are basically fucked when they come to conquer our world.
>>
>>45311225
>- at least a couple billion more years of existence as a planet
That's factually ambiguous.
While the planet might be able to sustain life as we know it for that long, it more than likely won't be able to sustain humans for that long.

With current technology we can send people to Mars if we really wanted to. We might not be able to get them back. They might not be alive by the time they get there either.

The only realistic form of alien life entering out planet is microorganisms on comets and such.
>>
>>45311248
Yeah, the text you gave was stupid and irrelevant. First off who cares how long it takes if it's less than the remaining existence of Earth? Say it takes 1 billion years. Well then they made it. Also who talked about humans? This planet existed before us. It'll probably exist after us.

It's a 10 word question into which you read so many distracting assumptions. Right here, right now, we have the technological capacity to allow a species alien to some world to travel to it. The technology has already been created once, so it's possible for it to happen for aliens too.
>>
>>45311182
they totally could. we could leave the solar system if we wanted too.
>>
>>45311265
>A wormhole, officially known as an Einstein–Rosen bridge, is a hypothetical topological feature of spacetime
>hypothetical
See >>45311234
>>
>>45311272
> it more than likely won't be able to sustain humans for that long.
You are not "Earth." The ball of rock is Earth. The question has to do with the latter.

Seriously, reverse autism in here. The question is about technological possibility, not practical relevance.
>>
>>45311287
Well I care about humans, so I consider that a problem for us.
I disagree that we have the technology to send a living human to a distant part of the galaxy. Even from the nearest star system. Unless by alien you mean extremophile bacteria that is. I have to assume that an organism of sufficient intelligence to construct spacecraft will have similar biological needs (of basic things, like energy required to sustain a biocomputer wherever they keep their brains)
>>
>>45311305
Well then, the most correct answer is, "It's technically possible, but practically irrelevant."

How's that?
>>
>>45311136
It depends on their technology. If we can land a probe that has been build ten years ago on a comet billions of miles away I'm pretty sure we can also eventually build a starship and land pods on planet Omicron Persei 8. If we can do it, so can any species that's on par or beyond our technology.
>>
>>45311319
>I disagree that we have the technology to send a living human to a distant part of the galaxy.
I didn't say we could send a living human. I said we could send a species alien to another place to said place. As above, we have biologically immortal species on earth.

"Alien" is not "human analog." It's a lifeform not native to that place.

You assume that human considerations matter and you assume that it has to be intelligent. Why not just ignore the OP entirely and talk about Linux?
>>
It took us 20 years of space travel to realize that it's much easier and much more cost effective to send probes rather than astronauts.

Why wouldn't aliens do the same?
>>
Ayy lmao
>>
>>45311336
Well to travel, one needs to be aware of movement. A non-sentient being is shipped, they do not travel.
>>
>>45311321
It's a great answer. I'm surprised more people haven't given it.
>>
>>45311296
>Einstein–Rosen bridges are connections between areas of space that can be modeled as vacuum solutions to the Einstein field equations, and which are now **understood to be intrinsic parts of the maximally extended version of the Schwarzschild metric**
>>
>>45311329
>billions of miles
Pretty certain you mean a couple of hundred thousands.
>>
>>45311340
Because maybe their civilization is 10 million years more advanced than ours
>>
>>45311350
Do I get a prize?
>>
>>45311349
>Well to travel, one needs to be aware of movement.
Thread over, people just making shit up now.
>>
aliens are gay lol :p
>>
>>45311354
You have no idea what that sentence means.
>>
>>45311357

Right, so it makes even less sense that they would even bother with corporeal travel.
>>
>>45311361
Well it's a subtle note of definition, if an alien travels, it is different from an alien being shipped, or brought.
It doesn't even have to be THE definition, so long as one of the uses of travel includes the meaning of movement of sentient lifeforms, then it's a valid point. A general understanding of what the OP meant over the letter rather than the spirit of the question.
>>
>>45311147
Aliens beings on a distant planet sending colony ships and terraforming bots to every habitable zone planet with water on it?

Yes.
>>
>>45311373
Nothing makes sense if you dont know anything
>>
File: cute-aliens-love-23065653.jpg (51KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
cute-aliens-love-23065653.jpg
51KB, 400x400px
>alien shipping
>>
>>45311356
Whatever, point is we made the right calculations to send a probe in the right direction and make it land somewhat safely by using some gravitational voodoo from Earth, a passing comet and stuff. Hell, we send a rocket to the moon with a computer thats as powerful as a graphical calculator and that was in 1969...
>>
>>45311373
Hopping in your car and driving down the street to the market real quick is no big deal

Hopping in their spaceship and visiting a few galaxies real quick is no big deal
>>
>>45311367
It means that one of the few solutions to general relativity requires the existence of wormholes.
>>
>alien shitposting
ayy lmao
>>
people here barely tolerate each other, other races
what do you think humans will do to aliens
or aliens will do to humans?
>>
>>45311438
>point is we made the right calculations to send a probe in the right direction and make it land somewhat safely by using some gravitational voodoo from Earth
And Mars, but it required countless recalculations and adjustments, hence why it stayed in orbit around Earth and Mars. It wasn't a fire and forget kind of probe.
>>
>>45311449

By the laws of nature, energy doesn't scale like that.
>>
>>45311452
No, it means that one way of looking at wormholes are saying that a black hole and white holes are wormholes.
>>
>>45311373
>alien civilization will develop like i want human civilization to

Yfw we encounter aliens with advanced space travel and

>They enjoy recreational murder of the lower class
>Their medicine is religious and herbal, and only afforded to the strong and wealthy
>Their computers are 1990s-tier at best, only good enough to manage starships
>They spent that spare time not making better computers on making better weapons and countermeasures
>Their most revered concept is mortal pleasure
>They spare the fedora tipping edgelords to keep for cage fights and kill the rest
>>
>>45311136
Ayy
>>
>>45311452
Yet travel through wormholes remains a story-tale.
>>45311461
Aliens would be great for humans. We could finally rally together to hate something on another planet instead of each other.
External conflict brings people together, while things like opinion wars tears societies apart.
>>
>>45311461
raep
>>
>>45311479
>Go into black hole
>Come out of white hole
>Maybe in same universe, maybe not
How is this not the same thing?
>>
>>45311489
All things considered, if they have two legs, a hole between them, and a minimum of one breast-like object, we're probably just going to fuck them.
>>
>>45311488
Lmao
>>
File: 1416524867228.jpg (978KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1416524867228.jpg
978KB, 1920x1080px
They'll send artificial probes capable of blending into human society and luring humans into processing plants to be liquified, shipped back to the mothership, and served as a rare delicacy.
>>
>>45311496
>Go into black hole
This kills the man

>Come out of white hole
Yeah, at the end of time

>Maybe in same universe, maybe not
In the same universe, only after a very, very long time since gravity distorts time.

The latest theory is that black holes become white holes the moment they collapse, but since gravity distorts the time completely, what is instantaneously from the black hole's perspective is billions of years from the perspective out side.
>>
>>45311489
>1800CE
>Flying humans is a story-tale
>>
File: 2142693784_575c5df7b0.jpg (81KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
2142693784_575c5df7b0.jpg
81KB, 351x500px
ayy
>>
>>45311502
Or at least try.
To boldly dick what no man has dicked before.

>>45311479
This is a thoroughly debunked idea. White holes don't even exist.

>>45311482
If they were like that we'd kick their ass. Like how napoleon armed the lower classes and raped his feudalistic- private army neighbours.
The history of europe is pretty much shitlords like those getting slammed by peasants. And then millions and millions of people dying
>>
I see Interstellar has successfully bred the next generation of Wikipedia physicists.
>>
>>45311532
>we'd kick their ass

They'd sit in their extremely durable ships picking us off and shooting down nuclear warheads
>>
>>45311527
And at the time:

>>45311234

Human flight would be in category 2. You do not fly with a machine that doesn't exist.
>>
Yeah, they just have to cross the boarder.
>>
>>45311296
>implying aliens aren't hypothetical
>>
YOOOOOOOO
O
O
O
O

LOL
O
L
>>
>>45311489
>External conflict brings people together, while things like opinion wars tears societies apart.
And so the Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations, Human Reform League and the Advanced European Union combined forces against this Celestial Being, bringing world peace to us all.
>>
>>45311546

What the fuck is this, a fucking playground?

This is a stupid thread.
>>
>>45311167
BRAVO NOLAN
>>
the frmi paradox suggests not, but that shouldn't be treated as conclusive.
>>
>>45311560
Hey rofl
>>
>>45311532
>White holes don't even exist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hole

>this implies that black holes and white holes are the same object

Also, see >>45311526
>>
ayy lmao
yy lmaoa
y lmaoay
lmaoayy
lmaoayy
maoayy l
aoayy lm
oayy lma
>>
>>45311147
>I have read the whole of reddit, and i can tell you as a matter of fact that it is impossible for Aliens to come to earth.

That is your level of autism.
Yes, they can, but the ones who are here have always been here. Is like if monkeys started evolving tomorrow. We would give them Australia and tell them that's all there is. Take good care that they don't mess around with ships too much, but leave them be. (And study them, and fuck them when no one is looking).
>>
>>45311575
Go back to /tv/ you fucking piece of shit.
>>
Reptilian here. No we can't.
>>
>>45311558
touché
>>
>>45311546
Well if they just came out of the blue and started nuking us, yeah we'd be fucked.
They'd probably not bother with nukes though. they'd redirect near earth objects and use the kinetic energy of those to extinct us, then swoop in and use the natural resources.
However, they might care about just killing the infrastructure and then enslaving us.

>>45311580
Thanks for your epic wikipedia knowledge, shitstain.
If they're the same object, then how can you go into a black hole and then out a white hole and consider it travel?
Nevermind the whole being squeezed through a fucking singularity.
Or the whole hawking radiation black hole evaporation business.
>>
ayy lmao ayy lmao ayy lmao
yy lmao ayy lmao ayy lmaoa
y lmao ayy lmao ayy lmaoay
lmao ayy lmao ayy lmaoayy
lmao ayy lmao ayy lmaoayy
mao ayy lmao ayy lmaoayy l
ao ayy lmao ayy lmaoayy lm
o ayy lmao ayy lmaoayy lma
ayy lmao ayy lmaoayy lmao
ayy lmao ayy lmaoayy lmao
yy lmao ayy lmaoayy lmao a
y lmao ayy lmaoayy lmao ay
lmao ayy lmaoayy lmao ayy
lmao ayy lmaoayy lmao ayy
mao ayy lmaoayy lmao ayy l
ao ayy lmaoayy lmao ayy lm
o ayy lmaoayy lmao ayy lma
ayy lmaoayy lmao ayy lmao
ayy lmaoayy lmao ayy lmao
yy lmaoayy lmao ayy lmao a
y lmaoayy lmao ayy lmao ay
lmaoayy lmao ayy lmao ayy
lmaoayy lmao ayy lmao ayy
maoayy lmao ayy lmao ayy l
aoayy lmao ayy lmao ayy lm
oayy lmao ayy lmao ayy lma
>>
>>45311595
Is it true you control the Jews?
>>
>>45311584
Being this mad
>>
Inb4 we get nuked from alien van neumann probe that ejected its engine segments in preparation deceleration.
>>
>implying that if there was intelligent life they wouldn't be dumber or the same as us
>implying they'd be able to find us
>implying if they ever existed they wouldnt be dead by now
>implying that if we did exist at the same time they'd be able to travel here in time
>>
heyy rofl
>>
>>45311611
>If they're the same object, then how can you go into a black hole and then out a white hole and consider it travel?
You can't and I never said so, the other faggot did.

>Nevermind the whole being squeezed through a fucking singularity.
No shit, I already pointed this out.

>Or the whole hawking radiation black hole evaporation business.
Did you even read the article? Or the sentence I quoted. The existence of Hawking radiation implies that they both are the same thing.
>>
>>45311618
>Not being logic enough to figure it out.
Just think about it m8.
>>
>>45311580
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hole
>hypothetical
Dude
>>
>>45311615
We have our own version of Jews, as a matter of fact all species have. Being deceptive is a survival treat of physically/intellectually inferior beings.
>>
>>45311147
>Aliens as in sentient beings on a distant planet on the other side of the galaxy first discovering us and then travelling here? No.
It's incredibly unlikely, but why would you say it isn't possible? For all you know they've already found us, have the technology, but just don't care about some race that can barely put a man on their moon.
>>
>>45311225
>aliens must be smarter than us
You know there could be another Earth where the people have the same tech as us right? Hollywood isn't fact.
>>
>>45311478
the laws of nature as we know them today.
>>
>>45311696
>why would you say it isn't possible?
Information can't travel faster than light.
>>
>>45311615
We are the Jews
>>
>>45311696
I don't understand why people are so sure we are not ruled by aliens. I mean, shit man, most people don't even leave their home cities.
>>
Yall niggas need some Drake's Equation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation
>inb4 guesstimate
It's better than "I want to believe xD"
>>
File: 1409413435837.gif (8KB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
1409413435837.gif
8KB, 500x180px
The chance of other life being in the universe that is as intelligent or more intelligent than us by our standards and is both similar to us in ways that make them not so alien that they're only intelligent life by the most surreal of standards is infinitely high, assuming the universe truly is as massive as it should be and appears to be.
The chance of said life also coming into contact with us is right now or anytime in our lifetime is so astronomically low it falls into the area of event chances of that a big bearded guy coming out of the sky thundering about sinners and shooting lightning at people is around.

At some point in our distant future we may develop a technology to find life forms on planets galaxies away like a type of sonar, and we may develop space travel which allows us to go faster than light and arrive there at a reasonable time frame, but we are nowhere near even the age of the birth of that level of technology and even if you had a prosthetic body and could never die of natural causes you still probably wouldn't live to see us advance that far.

While it is technologically possible for Aliens to travel to Earth, the likelihood of that happening is so low it isn't even worth worrying about, and the likelihood of them being any kind of alien we'd want to make contact with at all is a lower chance than the lowest amount of anything you can comprehend just above nothing.
>>
>>45311714
>shit man, most Americans don't even leave their home cities.
FTFY

I've lived in 10 different cities in 3 different countries during my 28 year long life, thank you very much.
>>
>>45311701
There could also another Earth where Hollywood was right.
There could be another Earth where monkeys never evolved and instead they now have evolved cockroaches ruling the world.
There could be another Earth where we already co-exist with an alien species.

Sky is the limit when it comes to hypothetical stuff.
>>
>>45311724
>One of the characteristic of autistic people is the focus on a specific area of interest and the complete ignorance/dismissal of all others forms of knowledge, therefore forming a skewed world-view that resembles a philosophical ideology they don't even know they look the world from
>>
>>45311714
>I mean, shit man, most people don't even leave their home cities.
This is just false.
>>
>>45311764
I'd rather listen to something based on something rather than "I SAW A UFO!"
>>
>>45311758
Hypothetically speaking impossibility isn't something that actually exists, even in math.
Fuck mathematicians.
>>
Btw. Flying Saucers are an actual phenomenon with a lot of data to back it up
>multiple witnesses describing the same object
>radar data showing the object
>radiation and signs of high temperature on ground

Here is a list of credible UFO cases
My favourite ones are in greentext

>Teheran 1976
>Rendlesham Forest 1980
>Malmstrom Air Force base 1967
>Washington DC 1952
>Japanese Air Lines Flight 1628, 1986
>Belgium UFO wave 1989-1990
Port Huron 1952
Fukuoka 1948
American West Airlines Flight 564, 1995
Changzhou 1998
Lakenheath Air Force Base 1956
Washington DC 2002
>Mexican Air Force in Campeche 2004
Guernsey 2007
Mcalester, Oklahama 1973
Chile 1969
Dexter-Hillsdale 1966
Red Bluff 1960
Fairbanks, Alaska 1958
>RB-47 1957
Goulburn, Australia 1954
Nowra "Sea Fury" Incident 1954
Kinross Air Force Base, Lake Superior 1953
Ellsworth Air Force Base 1953
Gulf of Mexico B-29 1952
Haneda Air Force Base 1952
USAF F-86 intercepts and shoots saucer 1952
Bethune/Gandor 1951

Sources:
http://vault.fbi.gov/UFO
http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/fbifiles/bluebook.pdf
http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/fbifiles/roswell.pdf
http://majesticdocuments.com/official.documents.foia.php
http://www.richarddolanpress.com/#!twelve-government-documents/cg96http://vault.fbi.gov/UFO
http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/fbifiles/bluebook.pdf
http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/fbifiles/roswell.pdf
http://majesticdocuments.com/official.documents.foia.php
http://www.richarddolanpress.com/#!twelve-government-documents/cg96
http://nicap.org/reports/760919routing_slip_ufo_iran.pdf

Some videos that look credible
>Filmed on the Nellis Air Force Base
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-4GcuiUb2I
>Filmed by Puerto Rican homeland security (using FLIR)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hee70AwwUJ8
>>
>>45311739
And that is proof of...?
>>
>>45311785
Who is Jacques Vallée
>>
There are also some crop cirlces that can't be explained with our current knowledge

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1399-3054.1994.tb05348.x/abstract
>Stalks are bent in a way that is not normally possible, modified at a cellular and genetic level

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1034/j.1399-3054.1999.105404.x/abstract
>These mutations are associated with being exposed to a sort of "organized ionic plasma" radiation

Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol 9, No. 2, pp. 191-199, 1995
>10-40 micron diameter spheres of unusually pure, highly magnetic iron determined to be meteoric or otherwise extraterrestrial in origin and having been formed in a powerful magnetic field are found in the soil around crop circles.

(1) W.C. Levengood, “Anatomical anomalies in crop formation plants,” V.92, pp.356-363, 1994, and (2.) W.C. Levengood and Nancy P. Talbott, “Dispersion of energies in worldwide crop formations,” V.105, pp.615-624, 1999
> the rate and uniformity of the growth of seeds taken from the formation was better than that from seeds taken well outside the formation in the same field. These differences were statistically significant at the 95% level. This means that the odds are 20 to 1 against this being a random, chance effect; it is also the level of probability acceptable to scientists and professional scientific journals
>>
>>45311710
You're assuming there is no unknown unknown technology that would allow them to travel here more efficiently. Our knowledge of the universe is way too limited to say for certain that it couldn't be done.
>>
No, see the Fermi Paradox.
>>
>>45311830
And you're assuming that some gray skinned AYY LMAOs can break the laws of physics.

If you exist in the same universe, you are bound by the same laws.
>>
>>45311766
No its not, is a hard fact of life.
>>
>>45311855
What is knowledge actualization
>>
>>45311295
Nah bro. We need a few things to be able to leave the solar system. Or hell, even just to live in space.

1. Artificial magnetic field to protect from radiation and/or some type of wonder material that can block radiation as well as lead or better without the downsides (poisonous and heavy as FUCK, good luck lifting tons of lead into orbit).
2. Space elevator (mass production of great lengths of carbon nanofiber wire)
3. Extremely efficient recycling system, nothing can be wasted and everything would need to be reprocessed and reused including your piss and shit.
4. Propulsion without the use of a propellant. This is huge. Your intergalactic starship can't be running out of gas.
5. Method of generating or collecting sufficient energy without fuel; no matter how much fuel you take, it won't be enough. Probably super efficient use of electricity combined with ultra efficient solar cells would do it, but only if you're close enough to stars. Apparently there are stars in intergalactic space according to new studies, so it might not be so bad.
6. Better spacesuits (think Gundam's normal suits) or genetic modification to survive in extreme low pressure

There are probably more problems I am missing but there are your starters.
>>
>>45311710
Light can't travel faster than astral gooey.
>>
>>45311855
Okay okay, but say what if, and hear me out on this, what if we were wrong about the laws of physics?
>>
File: Battle_of_Los_Angeles_LATimes.jpg (337KB, 617x565px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_Los_Angeles_LATimes.jpg
337KB, 617x565px
>>45311790
Forgot the Battle of Los Angeles, 1942

>Unidentified aircraft flies over southern california
>US Military shells it with all weapons available
>Not a scratch
>Literal energy shield
>keep firiing AA, fighters intercept
>Flies away
>"just a drill guys lol"
>>
File: costaricanufolarge.jpg (43KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
costaricanufolarge.jpg
43KB, 500x337px
http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_03_2_haines.pdf
>>
>>45311584
we already gave them australia
>>
>>45311855
What >>45311893 said.

Also, even if wormholes aren't real, what if there is something similar that does exist that we've never even considered?
>>
>>45311790
Without physical evidence they aren't credible.
>>
>>45311856
Nope.
>>
>>45311938
how can wormholes be real if our eyes aren't real?
>>
How the fuck would we know that. It's certainly no where near impossible theoretically.
>>
>>45311855
Assuming we are right about the laws of physics, what is to stop them from just living and reproducing on a giant ship until they get there? Not that they'd want to do that, but it's possible.
>>
>>45311790
This is why I'm interested in UFOs

Most people and most movies always try to suggest that
>there is no proof at all
>only blurry photos
>only crazy people

Yet, we never hear about all those cases that are the opposite.

For me radar data and physical traces are evidence enough.

UFOs exist.
We just don't know who created them.
It could have been us, the russkies, the chinese or maybe aliens.

>>45311855
They don't even have to break any laws at all if they
>send unmanned probes
>cryogenically freeze themselves
>use wormholes
>use a Alcubierre drive
>aren't of extraterrestrial origin
>are located somewhere close to us
>>
If aliens look even a bit fuckable, we'll fuck it.
If it isn't we'll probably hate them. Bringing world peace through collective hate.
Either way it's a good thing.
The only issue would be them being hostile and out for our resources.
>>
>>45311893
How can we be long? Laws are not created by humanity you fucktard, they're observable phenomenon. A law does not explain anything, it simply says that something happens.
>>
>>45311971
You're kind of missing the point.
>>
>>45311938
Maybe it's like Dune, we just have to get so stoned enough to be able to bend space.
>>
>>45311951
>Military generals and admirals aren't credibile
>Astronauts aren't credible
>Radar data on tape isn't credible
>Radiation at landing sites described in government documents does not count as physical evidence

Seriously, the ayy lmao crowd needs to look at the facts staring them in the face.
>>
Awh man i fucking love the idea of aliens. This thread is an awesome read. Does anyone have the picture about what you should do if you actually do make first contact? Seen it posted on various boards.
>>
I saw a UFO once. I have also seen an IRL ghost.

AMA
>>
>>45312004
>I've only ever seen it happen this way
>It can't possibly happen any other way
>>
>>45311951
>radar data that lines up with witness reports
>physical traces on the ground
>interference with technical equipment
What more do you want?
>>
>>45312004
He is saying you can discover a completely new scope that has different rules, like the difference between newtonian and subatomic physics
>>
>>45312016
As an O-4 I can attest that Admirals are always 100% full of shit and it's almost the General's entire job to lie through their teeth.
Radiation at landing sites doesn't mean shit, nothing on record or documentation means shit, Astronauts are infamous liars and a number of them have become "ancient aliens" faggots who make up bullshit on the spot.
So no, none of that is credible at all.
>>
>>45311236
>technologically possible

theoretically possible =/= technologically possible
>>
>>45312040
None of that makes something extraterrestrial.
>>
>>45311955
>"At least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day"
>>
>>45312040

A clear video in the visible spectrum on modern equipment.

A physical piece of UFO.

Scholarly confirmation, rather than anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>45312004
Laws that are defined by us, stating what we think is happening. But what if we were wrong? It wouldn't be the first time, otherwise the earth would really be flat and there would be some mystical guy up in the sky who created us...
>>
File: 1392852698195.jpg (73KB, 692x414px) Image search: [Google]
1392852698195.jpg
73KB, 692x414px
>>45312077
>>
>>45312045
>Astronauts are infamous liars and a number of them have become "ancient aliens" faggots who make up bullshit on the spot.
Or maybe they know more than your NEET faggot ass, having been selected for their superior intellect, physique, mental stability, and clearance for such an important job as going to space and working on NSA satellites?
>>
>>45311136
If we're right about the possibility of a warp drive and a currently unknown element to the equation that allows to work has been discovered by them? Yes.

If they managed to create a self-sustaining vessel which can allow them to travel in extrasolar space for countless generations of their own history, replenish and/or recycle resources for thousands and maybe millions of years, and power a sublight drive that gets close enough to make interstellar flight an option for them? Yes.

Is it plausible? Not by our current understanding of things. Is it likely? Same answer. Is it likely they'll come here? Not unless we give them a reason to, and we still have a long time before we reach anything that might via unmanned craft and broadcasted information.
>>
>>45312040
3D Full HD footage captured at 60FPS shot from 8 different angles and a meet and greet with the Alien inside the aircraft.
>>
>>45312092
He's right though. What if what we think we see happening isn't what is really happening?
>>
>>45312062
He never said anything about extraterrestrial, but rather unidentified flying objects
Learn to read
>>
>>45312075
What planet do you live on in which that would be released to the public?

Do you even understand why we have things like olimpics/sports/tv shows?

Who do you think you are that you would be part of the group of humanity that has an access to that?

What would people in 1492 thought about ''oh, yeah, the queen's guys have discovered a new huge piece of land on the other side of the sea"?
>>
File: SORONERY.jpg (622KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SORONERY.jpg
622KB, 1920x1200px
no. i even recently made a post about it.

it is sad to see that believing in ETs became a form of religion, just like believing in a God, a ghost, or your kawaii alicorn waifu. altough it's based on scientifical theories.

it is a belief propagated essentially by holywood that has got amplified after the last world wars, to make us feel better since we have the potential to nuke life from earth because of a retarded political ideology in conflict, to believe life exists somewhere else and not just on this rock floating around a star so whatever happens to this one, eh?

it's just like a religion. regardless the scientific and technological advancement an ET civilization could have, like a fucking death star or anything bigger that almost travels at the speed of light, this simple galaxy is just too large for them to ever meet us. barely communicate with us.

if you know Drake's equation and apply the current numbers, which is completely valid and true, we have only a few "neighbors", like mere animal forms in the MilkyWay (not the candy, the galaxy) with about a million of planets like earth with the potential of having at least microbial or bacterial lifeform. not talking about a breathable atmosphere for us, and that is insanely optimistic. all numbers combined... wow, it's fucking nothing, especially if you include earth in those statistics.

in final, we must stop caring if there's someone up there looking at us, and focus on our own planet, and our Solar system.

aliens are scary? we're taught to be scared from things we don't know or understand. but it is scarier and even less comfortable to see the truth: to know that we are alone, even an ant lost in the middle of antarctica has more chance to meet someone else than us or any advanced civilization to meet us.

Technology can be utterly advanced, but you can hardly travel faster than light. it's physics, it's science. it's the laws of the universe and math.
>>
>>45312139
>Muh illuminati
Although I agree, odds are news such as first contact would be kept secret for as logn as possible.
>>
>>45311936
Yeah, but this would be actually civilized.
>>
>>45312139
The things they thought about when they heard about it within a few years of it happening, I would reckon.
>>
I actually am an alien. I can hear electricity as it goes through wires and I don't think this is a human trait.
>>
>>45312179
unicorns can do this too. they have built-in wifi.
>>
>>45311159
>but it'd take a very, very long time
>implying we are capable of realizing time

did you ever think of the possibility that maybe we are just a plain stupid species that doesn't realize where, when and how we actually are? There could be a lot more around us but our brains are just unable to register it.
>>
>>45311710
And? If they travel at pretty much light speed (like 99.999% or something) then they can travel 100 million lightyears in well... 100 million years. That's a long-ass while for us but maybe it isn't for ayylmaos
>>
>>45312159
Don't add words to what i said, try to think what would it mean for your life at the office that there are actual green men walking the planet. Wouldn't that change absolutely everything in how we approach life? What have we been doing through movies and culture these last 50 years?
>>
>>45312075
>A clear video in the visible spectrum on modern equipment.
According to the documents released by many, many governments around the world, the phenomena screws with anything that isn't analogue. Pic related is a photo from Italy in 1958. Best quality one I am aware of.

>A physical piece of UFO
You'll need to get into the NSA, CIA, DIA, or Air Force for that.

>Scholarly confirmation, rather than anecdotal evidence.
COMETA report
Project Blue Book
UK MoD files recently declassified
Chilean Military files recently declassified (these include video)

You won't get mainstream academic confirmation because the matter is still classified and people would lose their jobs / get thrown in gitmo.
>>
>>45312062
But it shows that UFOs (as in Flying Saucers) exist.

The FBI, CIA, NSA, the Army and even France takes them seriously.

And yet we are always made fun of if we say they exist.

>>45312075
>A clear video in the visible spectrum on modern equipment.
even if a clear video gets released it will be debunked in hours

due to the endless amount of faked videos everybody thinks that
it could be faked => it is fake

And what if UFOs are always blurry? (due to their propulsion technology that bends space around them)
Most credible cases describe their path as
>wobbling around
>like a falling leaf

and they are interfering with our technology (see Malmstrom base or Teheran UFO)
so it could be that our cameras won't function close to them

>A physical piece of UFO.
gets confiscated by governments pretty quickly
they have to check if its a part of an enemy spy plane and thus they take it away

>Scholarly confirmation, rather than anecdotal evidence.
In a field where you get fired for asking questions related to UFOs you won't get scholarly confirmation.

And how are radar data anecdotal evidence?

>>45312139
addendum to this because most people don't realize it already

The government is controlling all sorts of media.

The CIA is controlling most of them since the 50s (see Operation Mockinbird), that's also the time period where they started to bash "Conspiracy Theorists" (anyone that scrutinizes the official version of events)

The NSA is listening to all their calls and e-mails and have ways to keep them in check if they want to release something.

They control what information appears online (see the DISRUPT DENY DEGRADE DESTROY DECEIVE papers Snowden leaked)
>>
>>45312040
Sex tape, obviously, if you can't even fuck it then what's the point?
>>
>>45312209
no. not even if they send millions and millions of spaceships in all directions the chances for them to find a planet able to host life are small, even smaller if they try to find intelligent life.

our biggest luck here is our radio emissions, more like a big noisy thing that makes our solar system different. we send signals. there's something here.

that increases our chances by a few percents, for the reality:

>>45312155

it is simply better to consider we are the only known life form of the universe. let's make sure this one is intelligent.
>>
>>45311895
>alien life form decides to visit us
>fire all weapons available at it
sasuga humanity
>>
>>45312241
Let's say I believed you.

What difference does it make? Did they leave us anything, tell us anything? Did they attack us or give any indication of what their aims might be? I just don't see what the big deal is.
>>
File: 1416811124551.jpg (102KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1416811124551.jpg
102KB, 720x960px
>>45312155
tl;dr

Also very narrow minded of life out in the universe. there's no life in the universe it would be an awful waste space.
>>
UFO's are real
Doesn't mean they're extraterrestrial.
>>
File: UFO2.jpg (53KB, 713x540px) Image search: [Google]
UFO2.jpg
53KB, 713x540px
>>45312241
forgot pic related
>>
Of course it's POSSIBLE but most of them would probably have to travel for what seems like forever to get here.

They'd either have to be biologically immortal or have the ability to put themselves into stasis. Also the ability to sustain themselves while in space, this would require a massive ship depending on their technology level. If they ever show up, it won't be some tiny saucer it'll be FUCKING HUGE and we'll most likely see it coming.

Going into the theoretical technology part of aliens, alien civilizations can exist that are millions of years older than us. They might even be able to fold space in a way that the distance between the start and destination become almost zero.

That's a fucking far shot though, at best I think aliens would use some kind of sub-Warp Drive where they create a lighter than space bubble around their ship.
>>
File: Untitled.png (11KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
11KB, 640x400px
>>45311710
>Information can't travel faster than light.
Bullshit.
>>
>>45312179
but on meth it is.
>>
>>45312155
you really think there's nothing out there?
>>
>>45312259
Governments take them seriously because they're not extraterrestrial

UFOs originate on earth. They're not spacecraft, they're atmospheric vessels designed for and by humans.

All supposed alien carcasses from UFO crashes were burned/mangled people and monkeys in flight gear.
>>
>>45312318
Even the stick is limited by the speed of light
It travels as a sort of wave
>>
>>45312318

Yeah, that anon is a fucking retard for sure.
>>
>>45312294
If they're here, they've solved the energy and physics problems around FTL. This sort of technology could get us off gas/coal/oil. That is the $7 trillion dollar problem with official disclosure.
>>
>>45312343
This. You would push it on one end and the energy of that push would travel at sub light speed. It would take a while for someone on the other side to feel the push.
>>
>>45311363
Men in black pls go.
>>
>>45312326
You know , i have wondered about this myself.
What if UFOS are just flying cars?
Think about it for a second, it's the worst idea ever to give flying cars to everyone... BUT, BUTTTT, its not to give them to very rich people who can pay for their development/keep the secret.
>>
>>45312360
And? What makes you think they'd ever give us any of that info?
>>
>>45312283
>no. not even if they send millions and millions of spaceships in all directions the chances for them to find a planet able to host life are small, even smaller if they try to find intelligent life.
But the chance gets far bigger if there's millions of ayy lmao civs out there. Also, we don't know about their technology for discovering earth-like planets. Humans have already discovered exoplanets as far as 27710 lightyears away from us, so it's not unthinkable for ayylmaos to be able to find exoplanets in a 100 million lightyear radius
>>
>>45312326
>implying we have aircraft that can fly at 7,000mph and make a right angle turn without killing the pilot
>>
>>45312377
dude u may be right
>>
>>45312382
We would be able to travel to the stars anon.
There would be no need to compete for space anymore.
>>
>>45312259
we take seriously everything that's flying over our territories without identification. spy planes exist since decades. stealth technology is nothing new. of course it's a concern. any industrialized nation can build a stealth jet for recognition, intelligence or attack purposes. even a prototype. it does not mean it's an ET thing.

like, the B2. do you really think that thing, despite being a designer's masterpiece is worth a billion dollar? nope. you can't tell how much of these have been built nor who exactly purchased them.
more for the conspiratards, do you really think the HAARP antenna is a weather control device?
it's a AM/VHF antenna for sure, if you're on /g/ you might know how these radiowaves behave. and why an intelligence agency should own such a passive system...

now continue with your UFO, personally i'm certain that none of those are actually extraterrestrial unless you deliver me an irrefutable proof.
>>
>>45312318
"Poking" travels at the speed of sound

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/5-light-year-long-stick-question.386687/
>>
Does anyone ever stop and try to imagine modern life on a completely different planet, extremely similar but also dissimilar at the same time?

Like trying to imagine being an alien on a different planet who also wonders about the existence of other aliens and what their lives must be like.
>>
>>45312155
Read up on Jacques Vallée, he will either answer your questions or you will think he is a CIA disinfo guy.
>>
>>45312377
>not spy planes

No, really, development of disc-shaped aircraft has been public knowledge for ages.

Everyone wants VTOL and a craft that can move in more than one direction that isn't a fucking chopper
>>
>>45312397
>Implying such an aircraft would need a pilot inside the aircraft
>>
>>45312382
Roswell was a thing. No need to assume friendliness to reverse-engineer. However, according to CIA and USAF documents, they are not hostile.
>>
>>45312397
>Implying pilots
>Implying actual recorded speed
>>
>>45312297
what does that have to do with this thread?
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.