[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seems the Stupid Questions thread died so I have a possibly stupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: windows-8-logo-blue-2012.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
windows-8-logo-blue-2012.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
Seems the Stupid Questions thread died so I have a possibly stupid question to ask.
Should I upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 8.1 and just use Classic Shell?
>>
Yes, and don't use classic shell.
>>
Yes, and use Classic Shell.
>>
Yes, and maybe use classic shell
>>
No and don't use classic shell.
>>
You're all so useful
Why shouldn't I use Classic Shell?
Why should I?
>>
You should use classic shell.

You shouldnt use classic shell.
>>
File: 8.png (258KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
258KB, 1680x1050px
8 is utter shit. Don't do it.

You can't even hide any of this shit.

Pinning only stuff you use to Start Screen is shit because you can't pin standalone/portable programs to it.

Just stick with 7 until 10 comes out. Even MS have realized what a massive pile of shit 8 is.
>>
>is the cost of what you will or won't pay for windows 8 worth it to you? (do your own research spergie; society needs less hand-holding)
yes: buy windows 8
no: do not but windows 8
>do you favor the less modular, metro win8 style?
yes: do not use classic shell
no: use classic shell

Wow I solved ur dilemma during a five minute shit
>>
If you really want classic she'll go for it. The bottom line is that win8 is faster than win7 so performance should be enough of a reason to upgrade. People who say 8 is shit just because of the metro ui is cancer.

Besides, win10 is the best of 7 and 8 so get hyped faggots
>>
>>45289742
>what is classic shell
>what is removing metro apps with power shell
you're a retard
>>
>>45289609
>Windows 8
+ Arguably faster and better multithreading optimization
- Shitty metro style
- Compatibility problems with old software (although there are a quite few)

>Windows 7
+ Classic look everyone is familiar with
+ Great Compatibility with older programs
- Arguably slower

Speed difference is really minor and the preference is really the aesthetics. Classic shell fixes most of it.
>>
Corsair CX430M or rosewill capstone-450?
>>
File: 1344231205306.gif (1MB, 300x368px) Image search: [Google]
1344231205306.gif
1MB, 300x368px
not a question, but have the urge to share it.
achieved two huge things today
switched dualboot Ubuntu to Fedora
can't boot into Windows after that
Found guides onto fix it and complete it in an hour
the feeling of fixing my problem in a short amount of time...owo
>>
File: b1fdfd69cfc9cdac8a5a2845377a8b7a.jpg (435KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
b1fdfd69cfc9cdac8a5a2845377a8b7a.jpg
435KB, 1000x1000px
>>45290103
>tfw you will never be a kawaii uguu 2D grill
>>
>>45289609
G2 or nexus 5
>>
Should I buy 8.1 pro at the student price of 70 bucks now and pay the upgrade price to win 10 in a year or just use pirated 7 now and buy a full 10 license when it comes out? I'm thinking it might actually be cheaper to get the 8.1 now and then pay the 10 upgrade price instead of the full license
>>
File: 1412718396181.gif (2MB, 372x262px) Image search: [Google]
1412718396181.gif
2MB, 372x262px
>>45290157
dont tell me the truth
>>
>>45290174
People who buy 8 will probably get a free upgrade to 10.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.