[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

old one: >>45073839

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 36

File: tumblr_static_rainn-wilson.jpg (61KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_rainn-wilson.jpg
61KB, 300x300px
old one:
>>45073839
>>
where did all the oldfags go?
>>
how do i install gentoo?
>>
>>45080994
they went from the windows
TO THE WALLLLL
>>
>>45080994
The boarded the Ark and left.
>>
>>45081004
Follow the handbook step by step, or, if you know what you're doing, improve productivity by using a live OS of your choice with a GUI instead of the minimal install CD that the handbook uses.
>>
>>45080994
Left from your faggotry
>>
File: ss+(2014-11-09+at+11.43.05).jpg (184KB, 601x605px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-11-09+at+11.43.05).jpg
184KB, 601x605px
reposting this. Need help with networking coursework.

>>45080571

Will steamgift anyone who can walk me through this shit.

Where does the 50,000 come from? Is it from the 4x100kbps divded by the 8 bit framesize, or is that just coincidental?
>>
>>45081034

what are you talking about? they left before i even got here.
>>
Can anyone suggest a distro that has an up to date GNOME and a package manager that isn't shit?
>>
>>45081049
mint
>>
is buying a micro-atx mobo retareded?

its like €25 cheaper then full atx, and has 6 sata ports
>>
>>45081040
Still need help with this shit?

And your intuition is correct! Just do your normal "dimensional analysis" from physics (if you remember that shit).

(bits/second) / (bits/frame) = frames/second
(400,000 bits/second) / (8 bits/frame) = 50,000 frames/second

I'm getting caught as spam... 701952ff
>>
>>45081185
Oh dude, thanks so much.

And yeah, I could absolutely use a hand with the rest of this, you any good with other networking stuff? Will pay for tutoring, need to get this assignment out of the way but I fucked up and overloaded on classes this sem
>>
File: TOP HAPPENING.jpg (39KB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
TOP HAPPENING.jpg
39KB, 300x216px
How do I delete corrupted programs? I've tried everything but no luck, they refuse to leave.

I rebooted my computer just a few minuets ago and it said that my fucking C: Drive was damaged and needed to be repaired, then more of my files became corrupted. So many files are getting "corrupted" that half my computer is unusable and I don't know what's causing it.

What did I do wrong? Is this serious?
>>
>>45081226
Check SMART, your hard drive may be failing.
>>
>>45081215

I'm not too helpful. I'm purely self taught. I'm a mathematician / physicist, I just got a job doing software engineering. I don't really know the ins and outs of multiplexers / multiplexing.

Most of your questions can be solved via "dimensional analysis," or at least the ones posted.

>>45081226
Sounds like your hard drive is failing.
>>
>>45081226
Your HDD is kill
>>
I've ordered a gtx 970 which is inbound now next week. Bought it mostly for Star citizen. However, I'm waiting with upgrading my mobo + CPU until next year with my complete rig overhaul.

The problem is, my Phenom II x4 965 is kind of struggling with SC. I've done some very basic overclocking with the Asus AI suite to reach 4ghz. Should I perhaps get an FX-4350 as an intermediate upgrade? Will it give me that extra boost to run SC with no lag? Or should I simply keep overclocking my current? At 100% load when playing SC and my fans on low RPM, it never exceeds 55*C
>>
Speaking of hard drives....

i have a 500gb hdd with 9 bad sectors on it, used for 4 months on linux now, never got any more bad sectors

i want to use it on windows now, but i get the feeling linux handles those things better then windows

should i use it on windows?
>>
>>45081295
The FX-4350 will perform equally or even worse than your Phenom.
>>
>>45081244
No problem. But yeah, makes sense that my issues with the work are mathematical, I studied humanities for 4 years and feel like I've just totally abandoned mathematics altogether.

Grats on your new job btw, sounds like you're making it. What's software engi in the real world like? All my se classes have been UML oriented but I'm told uml is a bit of a joke in reality
>>
>>45081348

I don't know yet, I start in June/July after I've polished off my degrees. I'm just playing around with things now. Specifically playing around with making my own webserver, which is the only reason my curiosity led me to know enough about the problem you posted.

I've never even heard of UML.
>>
>>45081341
what should i upgrade to? I still need to use am3+
>>
>>45081408
FX-8320 or FX-8350
>>
>>45081396
Hah, yeah, last dude I spoke to working in s.engi said the exact same thing. Sometimes I can't help but laugh at what a joke some university classes are, especially when they are barely relevant to the working field.

One last thing I'm trying to work out, in case anyone thinks they can help me clarify...

This teacher has lost his fucking marbles, seriously, he is off the rails and it's so hard to work out what he wants, plus he never responds to emails. What do you think he means by:

c) What is the bit rate from the output of the MUX?

If there are 5 channels @ 50kbps entering the multiplexer, with frame sizes of 20 bits (4 bits per channel), then the MUX is managing 12,500 frames per second, 80 microseconds between frames. So logically the bitrate is just 20 bits * 12,500 bps = 250kbps, which was already obvious from the sum of the 5 channels. So what the fuck does
>from the output of the MUX
mean? Is this just my nutcase teacher being redundant or am i missing something here?
>>
is the amd a8-6600k a good processor choice?

i already have a 460gtx, i will be using it as a processor, mainly for emulation and virtual machine's (1 at a time)

im selling my fx6100 because of the poor singlecore performace, and my budget is kinda tight, so the A8-6600k looks nice
>>
Friend has an Phenom II X6 1050T, is the FX-8320/8350 a decent upgrade or is he better off with a new Intel build?
>>
>>45081550
You're getting a new motherboard, right? APUs use a different motherboard chipset/socket
>>
>>45081606
im selling my processor and mobo, so i'll be getting a new mobo as well (probably an FM2+, since they are backwards compatible with FM2)

i was also considering the Athlon x4 860k instead of the A8-6600k
but there doesnt seem to be any performace difference from what i can find
>>
could someone please prove the following.
m is a message
c is m encrypted using RSA
n is the modulo and a product of two primes p and q
c = m^e mod n
Prove: If m=n-1 then m=c
thx
>>
Are raspberry pi (Model B+) powerful enough to be a router (FreeBSD, pfSense)?
>>
File: ss+(2014-11-09+at+10.40.57).jpg (115KB, 594x585px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-11-09+at+10.40.57).jpg
115KB, 594x585px
here we go again... this shit is driving me bonkers.

I need to use this tutorial example to work out an assignment question, but this shit makes zero sense. Where is he pulling these values from? tframe = l/r is supposed to be (packet length in bits) / (transmission rate bps). 1000*8 makes sense but there is the 106 coming from?
>>
>my phone's status changes from unofficial to official randomly
>yesterday it was official so I decided to update it
>lose my root-privileges
>trying to root it again, but it fails
Now I have shitload of bloat, like Google Chrome, G+, Google Drive, GMail etc. Thanks, Shitsung
>>
>>45082131
that's what happens when you flash official updates.
read up on it next time before you blindly do something.
>>
>>45080994
We are shilling windows and making tons of money.
>>
I'm building a new computer soon, and I'm looking around for a good case. I really like what fractal-design is doing with their nice looking cases, especially the core 1000 with its completely mesh front. (http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/core-series/core-1000-usb-30) However, I don't like their way of mounting harddrives on some vertical bracket. I'm sure it has great cooling like that, but fitting more than 2 drives is a real pain as I heard from a friend.
Does /g/ know of any similar-looking cases with normal HDD mounting trays?
>>
>>45082275
Apparently you can take it off, put the disks on and then add the plate again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2xjCFUkjbg&feature=player_detailpage#t=411

But seriously, how often do you change hard drives for this to be an issue.
>>
File: 1377450571184.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1377450571184.png
12KB, 560x407px
>>45080964
>name field

One of the apps i use can't launch when root access is enabled.
So i went and disabled root access in supersu. Now i get this message.
"There is no SU installed, and SuperSU cannot install it."
Installing root again fixes the problem but i don't want to do that from my computer every time. Is there a way to quickly enable and disable root, or a way to quickly install root only using my phone?
>>
>>45082309
I saw that, but the main problem is there's only space for two 3.5 inch drives on there and possibly one more in an optical drive bay, and I will need to fit at least 4. I don't know if laying one drive on the bottom of the case would be bad for it, but some drive trays might be better.
>>
>>45082359
>not having 4ssds just hanging around in the case unmounted
>>
>>45082374
Lel if only
I'll probably do that when I can get them with >1Tb at about the same price of a regular HDD, but things with spinning parts probably like to be kept firmly in place.
>>
http://www.latowski.de/latowskiFlash/sonar.htm

The fuck is this?
>>
What's the best way to stream movies from streaming sites on my non-smart tv?

Currently I'm using a chromecast with chrome's cast a tab option, but the video always stutters. My wifi connection is strong, the file will stream just fine on my laptop, and when I chromecast netflix from my phone it plays flawlessly, so I don't know why it stutters when I cast the streaming site tab.
>>
>>45082444
http://www.derbauer.de/dbv6_index.html
>>
>>45082069
anyone? I'm losing my mind over this. if R is transmission rate, where does 106 come from? THis shit is bonkers
>>
Is there a way to change the google search bar on android to like duckduckgo or something?
>>
>>45082840
install duckduckgo
>>
>>45080994
They all left.
>>
>>45080994
Grew up, had less time for posting here, got tired of all the unchecked edgeposting.
>>
>>45080964
Not really a stupid question, just looking for something new. What's a nice music player for use on linux, that isn't ncmpcpp etc.
>>
I need something to get somwe views on a YouTube video,I'm playing a prank on a friend,I only want something like 100-300 views,how can I do dis?
I promise it's not my minecraft let's play
>>
>watching a DVD on my computer
>at some point I pause it to go pee
>I come back and resume the movie and it plays for one second then freezes as the disc in the DVD drive spins up again and then resumes

Is there a way to set Media Player Classic so it'll read more of a movie? Maybe save up to 20 seconds ahead of where I'm currently at in a buffer so that when I resume again after a long pause it would have that spin-up stuttering.
>>
>>45083052

won't have that spin-up stuttering*
>>
I installed arch linux to a USB drive, i can boot it on my desktop, however on my MBA it doesnt show up on the startup manager, yet the arch live CD does.
What do i need to do to make the arch USB install be able to boot off the Macbook?
>>
>>45082863
That's only if I want the widget I just need it to replace the hovering google search bar at the top of the screen, if it's even possible
>>
File: 1366898645812.jpg (46KB, 244x662px) Image search: [Google]
1366898645812.jpg
46KB, 244x662px
Do I need to know lisp for SICP?
I finally bought the book.
>>
Alright, motherboard on my previous build has died (left PC in single digit C weather for almost 4 days) and I cannot be fucked to replace it and I've been meaning to upgrade.

I'm sorted for components but I'm now stuck for a case.

Ideally I want something not as big as my CM 690 II Advanced but not something that's going to be a bitch to build in.

Other requirements are:
1x 5.25" bay
1x 2.5" bay
3x 3.5" bay
Space to hold GTX 970

What's solid in the world of mid towers right now?
Was considering a 500R but they are a little on the expensive side, which is no big deal but just wondering if there is better for cheaper.
>>
It seems like it would, but I'd just like to check. Would http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1821220457.html fit internally into this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B002ZOCAMU/ref=ocp_olp_redirect?ie=UTF8&ocp=2 I'm looking at the $39.99 one. And is there anything I should watch out for when buying the actual HDD or will most any work with this?
>>
>>45083532
No, you can either learn Scheme by reading the book or just do the examples in whatever language you feel like. It's not a book about a language.
>>
I'm writing some data structures in C for the sake of practice and because I need some of them for a larger project, but I'm having problems with making the structures "generic", so that they can be used with different types.

My first attempt was using void pointers, but GCC does not like dereferencing void pointers and I can understand why, and it also made the API ugly. I didn't find any good information about such a thing through google. Is there simply no easy way to do it?

I looked through the rculist source code in the Linux kernel, but it was too convoluted for my beginner ass.
>>
>>45083692
arent the examples in lisp?
>>
What file manager does /g/ prefer?
>>
I've just setup a vps using Centos 7
Any ideas how to start using mails ? ( you can consider me an illiterate on this case )
>>
>>45083777
They are in scheme, but it doesn't really matter. The book isn't about the language so much as the structure of the programs.
>>
>>45083801
also best free panel similar to Cpanel ?
>>
>>45080964
Why are some people on this site, angry on tripfags?
>>
Has anyone gotten the right click on the trackpad working on puppy linux.

I've been scouting forums for some time now with no luck. I had the exact same problems on ubuntu.
>>
I am worried /g/.

So there was a Surface Pro 2 being sold on classifieds for a VERY good price. But it didn't include the original box and it was missing the pen as well. The seller took a picture of the back with the serial so I called the Microsoft support and asked if they could tell me if the device has been reported as stolen. I guess the support guy didn't fully understand me but he told me to simply register the Surface using the serial. I told him that I didn't want to do that as I am not the owner but he told me I could simply remove my registration. Well I was able to register it without issues. The device was 2 months old according to the site which made me even more suspicious. I mean why would you sell a device you bought 2 months ago without box and pen for such a low price? As it just looked too sketchy to me I decided not to buy it.

But now the problem is that it is registered to me. I couldn't find a way to remove my registration. So as I understand it the only way is to have someone else register it. But I can't be sure that the buyer will be tech savvy enough to register it.

What should I do? I am really worried as I don't want to get into trouble over nothing.
>>
>gnu/linux install crashes randomly
>did a fresh install like 10 times
>noticed that it crashes when i copy files (from my external onto it for example)

What could be causing this? I'm pretty sure it's not a software issue, since I reinstalled it properly more than enough it. I also ran memtest for 3 hours and 3 passes: no errors, everything alright. Did a hard drive test with the built in BIOS utility and it said it's okay.
What else can I do?
>>
>>45084038

how is it crashing?
>>
>>45084038
What's the crash message?
crashing while copying can be because of cpu.
>>
>>45084050

Completely freezes for 20 seconds then restarts itself. Arch is the distro. Checked the journal, nothing in it which could point to the crash. I don't know what to test next.
>>
>>45084062

>because of cpu
>worry.jpg

Is there something like memtest86, but for the CPU? How can I verify that it's not slowly dying? I'm not 100% sure that it's happening exclusively during copying, more like during hard drive activity. The last time it crashed, it happened during an update which fucked everything up and I had to reinstall it.
>>
>>45083809
ah, okay.
Thanks mang
>>
Is there a FOSS calorie counter /g/? Does such a thing exist?
>>
>>45083913

Did you install the synaptics driver package? I had to install it for mine (not for puppy, but it's all the same) to get my ALPS trackpad to work.
>>
>>45084101

For food? Why don't you use one of the many available on weight watching websites?
>>
>>45084084

try inserting a pen drive and copying a file from one part of the drive to another
>>
>>45084111

I'll give that a go
>>
>>45084151

Will do, but I'm gonna wait for this copy-job to finish first.
>>
File: question231.jpg (58KB, 735x425px) Image search: [Google]
question231.jpg
58KB, 735x425px
i just want to take some notes, and it auto-formulates some shit that i don't have any idea

i just want to write notes, can i close this formula thing? i just want it to stay as -i
>>
>>45084226

>taking notes in ms excel

Explain why you're doing that, why would someone do that? Either way, I'm sure there's an option to turn off formatting for that cell somewhere.
>>
>>45080964
I have an issue where Facebook/YouTube don't load, yet other sites do
what's wrong?
I tried to flush the dns, switch ethernet cable, use a different browser
>>
>>45084242

Did you try using a different DNS server?
http://www.opennicproject.org/
>>
File: 1412918359707.jpg (99KB, 1300x731px) Image search: [Google]
1412918359707.jpg
99KB, 1300x731px
>>45084241
i like excel, i like little boxes. i think i got low level ocd. is that enough?
>>
>>45084267

A word processor with tables would be a better solution.
Download LibreOffice and use the Writer together with tables to format your things. You don't need Microsoft's Office for that.
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/
>>
Did a fresh install of debian stable, but decided to do it with full disk encryption.
Guided partitioning with LVM, changed absolutely nothing, all default.

"500GB Unrecognised" partition/drive appeared. How do i make it dissapear? Googled for help already, didn't help.
If you had similar problem please provide solution.
>>
>>45084292
checking out, thanks
>>
>>45084128
Yes for food, because when I eat I'm usually not near my computer but near my phone.
>>
>>45084331
I should've mentioned i cannot mount it.
On mounting attemt it asks me for verification and then returns "One or more block deices are holding /dev/dm-0"
>>
>>45084257
That helped, thanks!
>>
>>45084331
jakub ty jebany noobie wracaj na windows
>>
File: tusiejebnij.jpg (34KB, 295x447px) Image search: [Google]
tusiejebnij.jpg
34KB, 295x447px
>>45084359
ale śmieszek z ciebie o kurwa XD
postuj papę szybko bo nitka chujowa XD
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (22KB, 1116x728px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
22KB, 1116x728px
>>45084333

It's like, the most basic use for word processors and tables.

>>45084357

You might want to investigate why your default DNS servers (from your ISP, if you used those before) blocked Facebook or YouTube.
>>
My phone case was creaking a bit so I put a little piece of paper sheet in the case (between the case and the battery) so it doesn't bend/creak anymore.

Is it safe? I mean regarding temps, fire and shit.
>>
why does my bios display on my 2nd monitor?

and it is also the first one turned on while booting.

but in windows my other monitor is regarded as the main and primary monitor...
>>
>>45084472
because the GPU says it's primary, nothing you can do.
This happens before windows.
>>
>>45084472
switch the cables on the graphics card
>>
>>45084506
one uses HDMI, one uses VGA with a DVI adapter. Can't switch them.
>>
>>45084504
hmm. well that sucks. was hoping could change it within the bios, but if its the GPU doing it then fuck.
>>
>>45084151
>>45084188

Tried it and it worked.
I'll make a thread on the Arch forums to see if they can help me.
>>
File: wta-wta-dementieva-643232028.jpg (73KB, 559x726px) Image search: [Google]
wta-wta-dementieva-643232028.jpg
73KB, 559x726px
So I just pluged in an old USB drive into my laptop running Linux mint debian eddition.
And the it displayed the icon I had put there through the autorun.inf file, which is fine.
But doesn't this makes my laptop vulnerable to other autorun viruses?
How to protect my laptop from this?
>>
>>45083735
No one?
>>
I have to write a research paper on technology, someone give me ideas
>>
>>45084586

Autorun.inf file shouldn't affect your GNU/Linux computers.
>>
>>45084097
I didn't mean to make you worry.
I just had a constant case of BSoD for two years, that persisted even after I changed HDD, RAM and did fresh install.
Then after running s&m test the second core failed.
so I switched to linux and the errot message showed that indeed the CPU was the cause, and disabling the faulty core solved the issue.
But after I've wasted money on things that I didn't need, and even lost my porn collection after I took it to a "local tech repair guy" who wiped my entire HDD to install cracked version of win7 with no drivers, the HDD was mounted as external the touch pad didn't work and no sound neither.
That's why I lurk this thread.
>>
>>45083922
Anyone?
>>
>>45084688
Then how did it run the autorun.inf file and changed the icon?
You can see for yourself if you like.
i used to do this to rice my USB and to know if my USB was infected since the malware would over write my autorun.inf
>>
File: rpogr.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rpogr.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
I asked this same question last night, asking again because I never got a fix for it.

I have two ssds on my new computer, only one shows up in the bios and file explorer, yet both show in speccy.

some anon last night suggested I format it by using gparted. I booted from usb to use gparted, promptly exited out of the boot menu because I wanted to go back to the bios really quick and suddenly my boot partition was fucked up and couldn't start my computer anymore.

just got to the loading windows boot screen and it kept telling me my computer had an error and would restart. ended up having to format and reinstall windows.

and here I am again, right where I started.
>>
>>45084736

Which DE or file manager are you using? I'm on Thunar and I don't think it even supports having custom icons for separate removable drives.
The .inf file won't do anything either way, they just don't work like that on GNULinux as they do on Windows.
>>
File: diskmgmt.png (78KB, 792x558px) Image search: [Google]
diskmgmt.png
78KB, 792x558px
>>45084853
Open diskmgmt.msc and create a partition (ie right click on black bar that says unallocated space)
>>
>>45085099
thank you so much anon, I love you.

I just went through the default settings to set up a simple volume, correct?
>>
>>45085131
Yep
>>
>>45085136
thank you, that literally took like 20 seconds, compared to what the other path the other guy suggested
>>
>>45085146
No problem. Glad I could help you
>>
File: IceIceBaby.png (64KB, 1126x668px) Image search: [Google]
IceIceBaby.png
64KB, 1126x668px
/g/ said amd temps are more accurate when running hot(ter)/under high load. So I ran a prime95 stress test for over an hour (100% cpu usage) but temp never went above 36 celsius (room temp 22 celsius). This seems low to me. Can that be right?
>>
>>45085198
No. AMD is known for faulty CPU sensors. Try another program called Open Hardware Monitor
>>
>>45085216
I had tried OHM before and I get the same result.
>>
>>45085228
That's a shame. Maybe an AMD program might, but I can't think of any right now
>>
where can I get a fake Driver Licence for an online sign up ? or should I just make my own ?
>>
>>45085245
I had tried amd system monitor but it doesn't show temps for some reason.

I'm wondering is this temp the value the system relies on to cut out incase of overheating?

What's the likelyhood it could fry it's self because the temp sensor reads lower than it really is?
>>
How do I properly set up DL/UL speed limits in qBittorrent? I read that limiting them can actually increase speeds, as in:
>>45081792
>>45082755

Do I just take my max speed and lower it by 10 kb/s?
>>
>>45085329
The bios has a motherboard CPU socket temp it relies on for the safety off switch.
>>
>TILING WINDOW MANAGERS
when you have different workspaces / virtual desktops / whatever you want to call them, are programs and their arragement statically assigned to them, so that if you open up one workspace for the first time since the last startup, the programs in it will automatically start?
>>
File: 11149_3max.jpg (78KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
11149_3max.jpg
78KB, 600x500px
Sup, need a laptop and I find something that sounds not bad for 609€
>Lenovo Z50-70
>i5-4210U 1,7 Ghz
>8GB RAM
>15,6" Full HD LED Display
> 500 GB HDD
> Win. 8 64 bit
Should I get it?
>>
If I'm going to buy an unlocked phone, how do I know that it will work on my carrier? T-mobile.

Where do I find this information?
>>
Free anonymous email service?
>>
>>45085453
Please tell me that laptop isn't made of plastic. Plus, I feel like you're begging for attention with an supernova-white laptop.

>>45085482
Mailinator.com is somewhat anon.
>>
>>45080964
Is it possible to run an x window in a terminal? I want to use tmux as a window manager
>>
>>45085469
Unlocked phones should by default work on any carrier, I was able to use my unlocked S3 with different SIM cards in the US, China and Europe. If I was you, I'd call/mail the shop and ask if the phone is unlocked and if it has branding.
>>
>>45083922
>>45084726
Enjoy the rest of your life in prison.
>>
File: dealwithit.gif (298KB, 379x329px) Image search: [Google]
dealwithit.gif
298KB, 379x329px
If I upgrade to a r9 280, am I going to get bottlenecked horribly by my fx 6100?
>>
>>45085511
They don't. My unlocked Verizon-branded S3 doesn't work on Tmobile, so now I need a new phone.
What does branding have to do with anything if the phone is unlocked?
>>
File: wlm_v0-7.png (35KB, 444x513px) Image search: [Google]
wlm_v0-7.png
35KB, 444x513px
I hope this is the right thread. I'm writing a bash script that's basically just a menu that will do a couple of things. My question is how do i run it so when a user exits it will return them to the command line as it was? That's a terrible explanation but i hope someone gets what i mean.
>>
>>45085486
Black would be totaly okay for me but there is none. And what is this website? Bur srsly I live in Germany and a good laptop/notebook is hard to find. Should I get this? Is the price worth it?
>>
>>45085537
nah, not gigantic at least
>>
is pinkmeth down ?
>>
>>45080964
What's the best EXIF data viewer/scrubber for Windblows?
>>
what is the least shit torrent app for android?
>>
How the heck do I switch display managers on arch?I have lightdm ut I want slim. I dunno how to auto login with lightdm
>>
>>45085819
ttorrent
>>
>>45084903
Cinnamon and I use nemo as a file manager.
I know that windows malware don't work on GNU/linux, and the .inf file is harmless, I'm concerned about the the other files it runs.
>>
File: Screenshot_2014-11-09-12-32-48.png (111KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2014-11-09-12-32-48.png
111KB, 720x1280px
Is there a better way to analyze what is being stored on my SD card than the storage menu in Android settings?
According to pic related, I should have 22 GB or so of available storage, but I only have 15.
>>
>>45080964
What's the difference between a mechanical keyboard and the "standard" type? All I've heard people say is mechanical are better because they're louder
>>
>>45085146
I'm the other guy, sorry I couldn't be much of a help.
I use GParted since I have it on a USB drive so it's just faster for me.
>>45085198
Nope, try using HWMonitor or just use a thermometer.
>>45085298
Make your own.
>>45085331
Limit the upload to 25-50 KB and set the download to unlimited, and if you want to share use the alternative speed settings to unlimited upload.
>>45085482
host your own for full anonymity, cock.li is fine.
>>45085819
Flud
>>45086037
I use ES File Explorer to analyze the storage.
See if it works for you.
>>
File: GWfV3.gif (812KB, 1586x2200px) Image search: [Google]
GWfV3.gif
812KB, 1586x2200px
>>45086040
Cheap keyboards are two slaps of silicone/rubber. When you press a key, your squishing a little silicone dome. Mechanical keyboards have metal springs so they feel more consistent and stuff.
>>
Is Blackmart actually legit? I want to pirate Android apps n shit but I'm not sure if it actually does what it says, and if it isn't malware itself.
>>
>>45086093
So? They both do the exact same thing do they not?
>>
>>45085829

> I dunno how to auto login with lightdm
All you have to do is edit 1 line.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LightDM#Enabling_autologin

What's the point of a display manager if you're going to be auto logging in? It will just waste time being loaded during the bootup and you'll never see it (except when you sometimes log out).
As for replacing those, should be straight forward. Uninstall lightdm (disable the systemd service too), install Slim and enable it.
>>
>>45086115
Why drink from a glass instead of a Solo cup?
>>
>>45086105
It's fine, just read the permissions.
Android don't get malware as long as you're not rooted.
>>
>>45086157
But I'm rooted. I have a Nexus so if anything ever messes with my /system/, I can easily just backup apps and wipe all partitions with a factory image. I'm just curious if it actually does what it says and won't spybot me. Since I'm signed in with my Google account, will Google know about my Blackmart comings and goings, since they know everything else about me?
>>
>>45086132
I see it more like why why use facebook instead of myspace. They both do the same thing without problems but one is newer so people jump on the bandwagon because they're so much more tech savvy ofc
>>
I'd really like to get some kind of IT job, and I was looking into a+ certification/study material. Is there any other certifications I should look into?
>>
File: pmp.jpg (270KB, 1000x888px) Image search: [Google]
pmp.jpg
270KB, 1000x888px
I'm trying to find out what this devices name is.
It's an old chinese portable media player i got for free.

I got the hardware ID
USB\VID_071B&PID_1152&REV_0100
>>
File: pmp2.jpg (277KB, 1000x897px) Image search: [Google]
pmp2.jpg
277KB, 1000x897px
>>45086250
Sd card is just for reference size.

The VID gave me:
Domain Technologies Inc

The PID gave me nothing

But I think it may be a Rockchip portable media player.
>>
>>45080964
so 14.10 has been out for awhile do i stay on xubuntu 14.04 or upgrade to 14.10?
>>
>>45086358
14.04 is LTS

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS

It gets security fixes for everything, but most packages are feature frozen. Only a few, such as Firefox, receive feature updates.
>>
>>45086390
so it'd be wiser to just stay on 14.04, right?
>>
Wanting to install win 8.1 64bit, but my USB is only about 3.7GB. Can someone link me the most lightweight ISO file? It should be single lagunage...
>>
File: 1414348622249.jpg (55KB, 570x379px) Image search: [Google]
1414348622249.jpg
55KB, 570x379px
HTML:
How do I make an input witch loads a website entered in that input
>>
My Asus z97-a boot device LED always stays lit up during post indicating somethings wrong. I only have one SSD installed and I configured the boot device priority to the SSD but doesn't do anything. I installed all the drivers and updated the BIOS. I'm sure that's the reason why I have such terrible performance in gaymes and why windows is so slow.

No other LED's light up, all the other components are fine. Once or twice it boot up properly and the LED didn't stay lit up.
I'm ready to throw this motherboard in the trash.
>>
>>45086191
Then sign out from google.
Though I never use blackmart, a lot of my friend uses it,but then they use facebook app.
>>45086427
yeah
>>45086478
my boss said the same thing
>>
sup /g/, how often should I defrag my HDD? i bought a new one and it is being used for a month, there are not so much data, like ~50GB or so.
>>
File: 1414348694526.jpg (87KB, 570x378px) Image search: [Google]
1414348694526.jpg
87KB, 570x378px
>>45086503
What did you tell your boss?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (9KB, 542x241px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
9KB, 542x241px
Any network expert here?
I have a question that i don't know how to put it exactly.
see pic
In my home, Laptop 2 and tablet are outside from the router range, the laptop 2 can mange but the tablet don't get anything.
laptop 1 is within the router range and is running SMB server.
So how do I get signal to the tablet?
1. Is there a way to make the laptop act an AP?
I have an external WiFi adapter that does very well, that improve the reception from 39% to 56% and use the internal WiFi as hotspot for my room?
2. Get a TP link MR3040 router and set it up as AP? If so then the data will go from the laptop 1 to the router then to the AP then the tablet, right?
And when I try to transfer data from laptop 2 to the tablet it will go through the AP to the router then back to the AP then the tablet am I right?
>>
>>45086831
Which color.
>>
>>45086991
Buy any router that supports dd-wrt, setup as wireless bridge, put both routers on same subnet and disable DHCP on second router.
>>
>>45084226
right click the cell, format cell, then format it as text. you can also select your entire worksheet and do it all at once.
>>
>>45087145
It's good to assume that I don't know anything in networking.
I looked into MR3040 because it have AP option you just have to select the SSID and set the password and you're done.
>>
Samsung 840 EVO is on sale right now. Do I get that or Crucial MX100?

I'm reading about the Samsung's firmware issue and even though it has been fixed, is it worth the hassle of having to fix it after buying it? Or is the Crucial perfectly good enough?
>>
what's the website that shows you a general idea of what pc parts costs? in it's description it usually compares the part to crysis 3
>>
long story short: my laptop headphone jack broke down and don't want to spend money on usb soundcards or fixing it, how do I stream the audio from my videos via upnp? recomend programs that can do this shit. I have windows 8 and android phone.
>>
Just installed the Strix GTX 970 with the latest driver...is there any point to install ASUS's software if I have no plans to OC in the short-term?
>>
>>45087386
http://www.logicalincrements.com/
>>
File: 36363643262532532.gif (498KB, 349x240px) Image search: [Google]
36363643262532532.gif
498KB, 349x240px
What java ide do you guys use? I've been using Eclipse so far because it's what we're using in Android class, but it doesn't seem that great.
>>
>>45087459
netbeans is the best for java
>>
>>45087410
thanks
>>
>>45087398
VLC can do that.
>>
pic related, and yet
file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0

what gives?
>>
>>45087476
best for java, but not best for android
the android adt plugin for eclipse is pretty much essential. a clone exists for netbeans, but it lacks feature like GUI designer.
>>
I'm looking to buy a good MIDI USB keyboard under $150. I'm going to use it with Garageband (hush, I like it) or maybe Ableton Live if I find the time to get/learn it. Anyways, I was thinking about buying the link below but I wanted some confirmation/thoughts before I ordered.

http://www.amazon.com/Samson-Graphite-25-MIDI-Controller/dp/B00BTZHL52/ref=sr_1_16?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1415559167&sr=1-16
>>
File: 266.jpg (128KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
266.jpg
128KB, 500x500px
In your own opinion, which android phones would you consider to have the best battery life, while also boasting all-round top range specs?
Been using my S2 for a few years now, so I reckon it's time to upgrade.
>britfag btw
>>
>>45087633
Speaking of android.
I have no previous java knowledge.
I just want to make a simple app that loads/dispaly a wordpress page.
how do I do that?
>inb4 learn java
While it's the logical thing to do, I don't have time to waste learning thing that I'll do it once.
And if it's something like that I'm sure there is library of some sort, that I just edit the URL and make an icon, right?
>>
File: 1414346248120.jpg (69KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1414346248120.jpg
69KB, 640x640px
>>45087097
Kek
>>
>>45087210
Network is not actually my thing, but let's go:

If you don't want to get into details, you can just buy this router and place both in the same subnet, which means that the third field from the local IP must be the same on both routers, like "192.168.25.1" and "192.168.25.2". Doing this will allow both routers to see each other, thus allowing you access computers connected to different routers.
You also need to disable the DHCP on the second router, that is what gives every device their local IP on the network. Leaving it will cause all sorts problems.

And regarding the laptop question, it MAY work, but I'd give another router a shot.
>>
>>45087791
I see, thanks.
so the subnet is the last number in the local/internal IP/
And the DHCP if not disabled will cause the second router to have a new IP?
I've been reading on it but couldn't understand a thing.
Also how do I scan my network from linux?
On android I use Finch, I know of nmap but this require you to know the local IP, which can be changed.
Any idea?
>>
>>45087947
nmap 192.168.1.1-254

OR

nmap 192.168.1.0/24

disabling DHCP on the second router means that the second router does not hand out IP addresses, which causes IP conflicts because it's impossible to track who has what IP address.
>>
>>45088168
>nmap 192.168.1.1-254 OR nmap 192.168.1.0/24
Yeah, that'd work but what if it wasn't 192.168.1.x?
say something like 156.125.4.x, how do I know that?
>>
>>45087947
in "192.168.25.X", the subnet is the 25. The X would be the any number between 1-255, if I recall correctly. Most routers assign this last field with First Come, First Served, unless specified. Because you can set an fixed local IP for any device you want, otherwise you COULD receive a different local IP every time you connect to your network.
This X number would be assign by the DHCP, and that's why you want to disable it, because the first router would assign one for every device connected, and the second router would try to do the same, leading to a mess.

I don't know what you mean by "scan the network", but you can see some network details with "ifconfig"
>>
>>45088261
that's a public IP address.

Are you talking about the IP address your ISP provides you? There are a couple of ways you can do that. One is to see if you can get a static address, however, this is costly. A better option is to look into the usage of dynamic dns. The service is free, and it allows you to connect to and find out the IP of your home network.

But you said local earlier, hence why I don't understand.
>>
>ifconfig
thanks, that did give the internal ip, which i can use to set nmap to search from 1-225
>>45088353
well you see in my home network my internal ip is 192.168.1.1 for my router, but when at my friend the internal ip was 192.168.5.99 for his router, when I used finch.
That's why I asked how to know this in linux, since finch automatically search for it.
>>
>>45088416
oh

yeah.

default gateway is the IP address of the router, usually also the same IP address of the DHCP server (but not necessarily)
>>
Best modular or semi modular PSU?
Looking for about 500~620W
This is the last part of my first build and people keep telling me, 'Never ever skimp on the PSU, dont get a cheap one and dont get a shit one like a Corsair CXM, get a quality one'

Thing is I dont know which ones are quality and which are not, PSUs seem a little harder to compare than say GPUs or CPUs, especially to a first time builder.
>>
I lowered the gamma in the Nvidia Control Panel, yet whenever I play game in fullscreen, the gamma will reset. If I play in windowed, the gamma will go back to what I set it to. Is there anyway to force games to use my Nvidia control panel settings in fullscreen?
>>
>>45087334
Pls respond.
>>
>>45088803
i like my mx100.

So far I see no complaints from myself or otherwise, but I'm not a big ssd techie.
>>
>>45088854
Thanks.
>>
>>45080964
how to mount an FTP server as a directory on my XBMC?
>>
Can someone recommend a 1TB portable hard drive?
>>
What's the latest technology for cigarette-sized vaping devices?

So far all I can find is the 510, but that's several years old now, isn't it?
>>
What are the best lightweight distros around? I want it to be light and not look like total shit. I'm searching for options. Keep in mind this is babby's first distro.
>>
>>45089339
For an all-around, I'd go with lubuntu, or crunchbang.
>>
>>45089478
Thanks, anon. I'll probably go with Lubuntu, since Crunchbang is Debian based.
>>
how do you make the fonts on fedora look better
>>
>>45080964
fuck you OP. You should kill yourslef.
>>
How the fuck do I get an ext hd working on arch. already lost 700 GB due to this stupid shit. now i have it mounted but like doesn't work. I cannot unless in sudo. i cannot use torrents for the path. it goes red or breaks.

here is my fstab for ext hd

/dev/sdb1     /media/Storage/     ext3     defaults     0 2
>>
Is this a good monitor?
http://www.amazon.com/VS228H-P-22-Inch-Full-HD-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B005BZNDOO/
>>
File: 17-207-014-TS.jpg (19KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
17-207-014-TS.jpg
19KB, 300x225px
Its normal for a xfx ts650 (p1-650s-nlb9) to sound like a turbojet in an old i7920 + hd5870 config? fucking anoying
>>
>>45090990
Think I may have fixed. I had to add write and read permissions I guess. weird. I have never had to do that before though.
>>
How can I make grep highlight the entire line?

also, to make different colors, is there something simple? Ive seen nonsensical shit like "1,32" is a green. Hex or boolean please
>>
>>45088999
>FTP
/g/ pls
>>
>>45083922
As unlikely as it may be, if you get contacted by authorities, just say you bought it online and direct them to the seller. You didn't knowingly buy a stolen product
>>
>>45083922
Don't worry anon.
They can't do shit.
1.registration of a device that you don't owe isn't illegal...yet.
2.you don't have the device, and there is no money transaction.
In fact you can report the device as stolen and get it for free, but don't do that.
Maybe he's selling it because he found it, or he fucked it up so bad,con you or yes he did steal it.
I bought a dozen of joysticks for 12$ from some guy, cause he didn't need them anymore was taking too much space at his place.
>>
>>45091209
found my answer:

>highlights just the pattern
foo

>highlights whole line
"^.*foo.*"
>>
>>45080964
when i use time.sleep(seconds) in my python scripts will it cause much or any drag on the system while it's counting compared to a better alternative?
>>
I overclocked a 280X from 1000/1500 to 1080/1600 and did some heaven benchmark runs and 3d mark fire strike runs and the system has not crashed yet.
Would you guys consider it to be a stable overclock?
>>
>>45091947
Run furmark for like 2 hours. If it doesn't crash call it good.
>>
how do I install the twily.info ricing stuff that apparently everybody uses?
>>
>>45084292
OneNote would be a better solution. Libre Office a shit.
>>
>>45085146
Never trust linux guys, they do not know what fast means.
>>
>>45089212
>Can someone recommend a 1TB portable hard drive?
I would recommend you buying a standard 1TB notebook drive and buying a cheap case for it like raidsonic icybox for example. That way you can use it as an internal drive if needed.
>>
What's a good amp for $75-$120?
I'm powering Micca MB42X if it's relevant.
>>
>>45092150
They usually assume you're not going to be using NTFS or FAT, and will instead be replacing windows with something better like OS X or GNU/Linux
>>
Got a few questions. I was considering getting a small SSD to boot Windows in the future, but for now I just have an HDD. How would I go about switching from the HDD to SSD outside of just the BIOS? Can I install Windows on the HDD and somehow move it to the other? Also, do I need RAID support to have both the HDD and the SSD running alongside each other?

When overclocking, how exactly does one know how much more power he'll need in terms of wattage? At what point does watercooling ever become necessary?
>>
>>45092051
seriously though, I have no idea what I'm doing, somebody please help. I'm trying to make my #! desktop environment look like attached image.
>>
>>45089583
>Thanks, anon. I'll probably go with Lubuntu, since Crunchbang is Debian based.
So is lubuntu.
Is this trollbait?
>>
>>45092249
That's completely retarded.
>>
>>45092358
>Can I install Windows on the HDD and somehow move it to the other?
There are migration tools that can do that.
If you have a notebook you will need a usb to sata adapter.

>Also, do I need RAID support to have both the HDD and the SSD running alongside each other?
You should go to wikipedia you obviously don't have a clue what raid means.
>>
I accidentally installed some faggots 4chanx and it overred mayhems. i want to go back but mayhem discontinued his version. I tried to recompile but im an idiot. i got grunt and coffeescript but it keeps fucking up.

if anyone has or can pastebin the userscript.js file for 3.20.15 i'd appreciate it.
>>
someone just posted disgusting pedoshit in a /b/ thread I was on
how to shred my temp files?
using linux and firefox nightly
>>
>>45093051
I deleted my cache and I'm about to reboot to clear /tmp/
is that it?
>>
>>45093051
>Going to /b/
Kill yourself, only option.
>>
>>45093138
/g/ - smartphones and desktop threads

Sometimes a little variety is nice.
>and sometimes it isn't, which is why i'm asking if there's any other residual data
>>
>>45093010
idalso just appreciate help using grunt and coffeescript. im running gurnt but it says Task default not found even though i can see it in the file
>>
File: duckdog.jpg (70KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
duckdog.jpg
70KB, 450x600px
Is ther any way to tell if SendMail is installed on a unix server?
>>
>>45089227
Nobody except big tobacco is bothering with that form factor any more (vuse, etc) and that shit is overpriced and awful. Just get a small ego battery and an evod or something
>>
What fun stuff can I do with google cardboard?
>>
File: powerArchitectScreenShot.png (87KB, 1538x867px) Image search: [Google]
powerArchitectScreenShot.png
87KB, 1538x867px
Trying to run Power Architect, installed it and the text is disappearing when I mouse over it. Never seen this before, does anyone know how to fix it?
>>
What's a good, lightweight pdf viewer for Linux?
>>
>>45091617
No. Likely what it is doing is just suspending the thread, and telling the OS to set an interrupt and continue the thread then.

It won't drag for the same reason that
while True:
pass

doesn't slow down your system.
>>
>>45093010
There's a link in the Wiki.
>>
>>45094359
where? all i see is stuff about manually updating but the update file has been removed from his website
>>
How do I get rid of the OS logo on the log-on screen in windows?
I used tweakslogon to change the background but it still has Windows 7 Home Premium down at the bottom
>>
>>45093796
mupdf
Thread posts: 246
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.