[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 309
Thread images: 37

File: 1406879324901.jpg (29KB, 560x335px) Image search: [Google]
1406879324901.jpg
29KB, 560x335px
Didn't see one, didn't scroll half way down the page, didn't refresh once.
>>
I've tried out gpaint on ganoo linux but it doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for, is there a different lightweight image editing program I can use that will allow me to dynamically change canvas size like in ms paint? Or should I just use paint under Wine?

Also I wasn't a huge fan of i3, would dwm or awesome be worth a shot?
>>
>>45066250
I sort of had this problem years ago when I hopped onto my first distro. I eventually gave up and went with editing (even really small things) via GIMP or Krita. There is this one program, Kolourpaint, which at first seemed like a carbon copy of paint, and it is, the only problem is that it screws up with text. Give it a try and see what I mean, or stick with GIMP/Krita for your basic editing needs. It's over kill, I know, but I didn't find anything else.
>>
>>45066235
What is the best media player program for windows? I am currently using VLC to watch my videos.

I just want a better video player than VLC.
>>
File: vlc (8).gif (496KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
vlc (8).gif
496KB, 500x300px
>>45066306
VLC works, although many autists would just say
>VLC
and post pictures like this. VLC is fine, but Media Player Classic is what people now suggest.
>>
my laptop's power cord broke down and I had to remove the filter for interferences, how likely is it to break the board if I don't have it? should I install another filter in it? one weird thing is, thos laptop is one of those shitty mini laptops like acer aspireone with 12V and the charger that it came with was 10V. the strange thing is that it has 2 ferrite filters after the transformer, could it be that those filters are put there in order to lower the voltage? right now my mum using it without problems but I'm worried, plox respond-
>>
>>45066413
came with it*
>>
In C, how do I dynamically allocate memory for a string without knowing the string length beforehand?

What should I put as the value of n?
string = malloc(sizeof(char)*n);
>>
>>45066345
So, I recently had to switch from MPC back to VLC since the former didn't support video streaming from my little private server, and I must say... it's really not a big deal.
Can't see why people think MPC>VLC, it's not worse but I can't really see a difference in terms of performance.
>>
>>45066452
no, it was never a big deal. autists just like to complain about shit.
>>
>>45066429
>sizeof(char)
It's guaranteed to be 1, so there is no point putting that.
>malloc
calloc is a better idea for strings, because it will make it so there are null terminators at the end of what you put in there.
>What should I put as the value of n?
How long do you expect the string to be? Where is the string coming from?
After deciding that, allocate shitloads more.
I usually make my buffers at least 10 times bigger than I think they need to be.
>>
>>45066413
you're fine, stop worrying. If it bothers you, I once found a removable filter you plugged around the cord. Buy one for like 2$ if it makes you sleep better, but if you don't, nothing's gonna happen.
>>
>>45066477
thanks, I've seen those on Google, might try to get one on my local electronic store, let's hope they even know what I'm talking about
>>
>>45066470
>It's guaranteed to be 1, so there is no point putting that.
No reason not to put it there
It's good habit to do this for array allocation
>calloc is a better idea for strings, because it will make it so there are null terminators at the end of what you put in there.
depends on how you put your string there
If you can be sure it will be copied with a terminating null it will only waste time

>>45066429
if you really have no Idea how long the string will be: some big number
this is a rather complicated question
you would rather allocate a bunch of memory on the stack, buffer it there then allocate the correct amount of memory on the heap and copy it again
this will take longer since you have to copy twice, wont waste memory
>>
File: 1410569769590.jpg (98KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1410569769590.jpg
98KB, 720x480px
I have a 3 TB drive which recently started to malfunction. I was using the ddrescue utility on Debian to read data off the disk to a different external hard drive. However, after 2 TB of data had been written to a single image file, the process terminated. This was because the hard drive to which I was writing is using the Ext2 filesystem, which has a filesize limit of 2 TB.

Below, I'll describe what I'm doing and what I plan on doing later. I would really appreciate it if someone could verify that I haven't horribly messed up and that what I plan on doing will work.

- I ran the ddrescue utility normally on the 3 TB broken hard drive (A), writing data to hdd.img on a functional 4 TB hard drive (B).

- B is using Ext2. Therefore, ddrescue stopped when hdd.img grew to be 2194719883264 bytes large.

- I checked the log file and noticed that the last line is "0x1FEFF7F0000 0xBBA1010000 ?", which indicates that every sector including and after 0x1FEFF7F0000 was not tried.

- Therefore, I started a new ddrescue process using the parameters "--input-position=2194719883264 --output-position=0", writing data to a file hdd_second_half.img on B.

- I plan on buying a new 4 TB hard drive (C). When C is here and ddrescue finishes writing to hdd_second_half.img, I will (1) copy hdd.img onto C and (2) append hdd_second_half.img to hdd.img with the command "hdd_second_half.img >> hdd.img".

- I will manually merge the log files for ddrescue corresponding to hdd.img and hdd_second_half.img and run ddrescue on the final, complete hdd.img file on C sufficiently many times to recover the data on all failed sectors.

- I will mount the image file and access my data.

In particular, it is the appending/concatenation step that worries me.
>>
Okay, I really have no idea where to ask this question. If this isn't the right place, feel free to yell at me, but also feel free to let me know other areas to ask.

To make a long story short, I think a friend and I are being catfished. I want to confirm the source of the pictures of the person to see if we really are. If the photos are fake/stolen, I think they were taken from a korean or japanese social networking website. I tried to do a reverse image search with google images and tineye but we either got no results, or results linking to potentially fake profiles we already knew of. Does someone know if there's a way to search images from social networks or any other ways to look?
>>
Can someone explain what hibernate do on linux?
I'm using Linux mint and accidentally used hibernate instead of shut down when turning off my laptop. And note when I power it back on the screen keep flickering black.
Is it just slow? Or I need to do something?
>>
so how are msi laptop build quality wise?
>>
I have a monitor which recommends me to use 1600 x 900 60hz resolution, when I set that I have two black bars about a centimeter wide on either side. I tried higher resolutions but the monitor just leaves a nag box saying it's out of range. What do?
>>
I've been trying to learn concurrency in Java. Here's what I'm trying to do: create a race condition in which two threads share a value; one thread increments it, the other decreases it:

Here's the thread:
class Hilo extends Thread
{
public Hilo (int menu) //constructor
{m = menu;}

private int m ;
protected int n=0;

public void run ()
{
for (int i = 0; i < 50 ; i++)
{
if (m==0)
n++;
else
n--;
System.out.println (n);
}
}
}

Here's the main:
class Usa_Hilo
{
public static void main (String [] args) throws InterruptedException
{
Hilo Hilo1 = new Hilo (0);
Hilo Hilo2 = new Hilo (1);
Hilo1.start ();
Hilo2.start ();
}
}

The problem is, these threads are NOT sharing the value n; they're each initializing it at 0. Instead of them both increasing and decreasing the same n; they just initialize their own n. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>45066580
They're too different Objects, so they both have a separate instance of n.

What you can do is have
protected Integer n;
public Hilo (int menu, Integer n)
{m = menu; this.n = n;}

then in main
Integer n = new Integer(0);
Hilo Hilo1 = new Hilo (0, n);
Hilo Hilo2 = new Hilo (1, n);

something like that should work
>>
Should I root my HP Slate 7 or not?

What does rooting even do? Is it hard? How I do it?
>>
>>45066617
up to you.
nothing you just get elevated privileges
depends
look up your device + root
or you can try towelroot
>>
>>45066617
rooting means getting root access basically means you do what ever the fuck you want with software in the device to say remove bloat that a "locked" devices doesn't allow

good a guide for said device
>>
>>45066576
Tried various settings in Nvidia control panel.

Help please.
>>
Why can't i post Webm files to 4chan from my phone?
>>
>>45066615

They're still running their own instances of n... One thread counts from 0 to 50 and the other from 0 to -50, they don't seem to be working with the same 'n'.
>>
>>45066659
I blame whatever setup you have on your phone.
>>
>>45066576
set the dimensions manually.
>>45066552
hibernate saves into disk.
turn it off and back on, it's a bug in linux with your laptop I'm guessing HP?
try using suspend to ram next time.
>>45066539
"follow the money"
>>45066306
MPV, MPC-HC, K lite codec pack.
Whatever works man.
>>45066250
try imagemagic with it's front end
>>
How to get rid of game slowdown when playing La-Mulana original (2007) on Windows 8.1? It is not the problem with color, closing explorer.exe doesn't work, running on single core doesn't work, tried all compatibility settings, google didn't help.
>>
>>45066659
what phone?
what do you use?
Is the webm 4chan approved?
>>45066675
try running it in compatibility mode or check your drivers.
>>
>>45066675
get a better computer
>>
>>45066686
>what phone?
>what do you use?
>Is the webm 4chan approved?

Moto g
Clover
I can post it on 4chan from my computer
>>
File: 1356146115063.jpg (17KB, 200x314px) Image search: [Google]
1356146115063.jpg
17KB, 200x314px
>>45066666
>>45066615
>>45066580

It's been a while since I've done Java, but how about making n static?
>>
File: Torrent Guide.jpg (506KB, 1020x2211px) Image search: [Google]
Torrent Guide.jpg
506KB, 1020x2211px
>>45066235
is this still true?
>>
>>45066566
Not great. As a general rule go with Asus/Lenovo. There are exceptions to both rules of course, but it would require digging.
>>
>>45066666
Nice get, but you probably just fucked it up. Forgot to change type of n or something, because it should've worked. Do what the other guy said and make it static.
>>
>>45066710
There are truthful points, and retarded points.
>Something written in Python is a bad thing
For example. As a general rule, avoid utorrent and vuze.
>>
Where can I find programming video tutorials where the instructor isn't a smelly indian?
>>
>>45066580
int count = 0;
while (count < 50) {
count = Middleman.getCount() + 1;
Middleman.setCount(count);
}

Wouldn't something like this work?
>>
>>45066731

>>45066700 here again, also make it volatile, as well as static
>>
>>45066698
What's the error?
Try using the browser or different app.
>>45066710
Subjective insight.
>>45066751
Linda?
>>
Right now conky shows that only 1-5% of my cpu is used while firefox is open. what I want to know is, does an os or a distro, maybe hacks, that utilizes that dere power for much faster execution and application from programs.

Or is it impossible?
>>
Is it possible to host your own, global DNS? Why do we have to pay for domain names?

>>45066710
> "/g/-approved"
> not mentioning rTorrent
>>
>>45066731
>>45066700

Thanks guys, I guess this is what happens when one tries to run before learning how to walk. I'll try that out
>>
>>45066772
>Is it possible to host your own, global DNS?
Sure, but good like trying to get anybody else to use it.
>>
>>45066799
It just for me to use so I don't have to pay for my domain, what do you mean?
>>
>>45066822
>It just for me to use
Just use resolv.conf then, or whatever shit Windows uses.
>>
>>45066849
I meant /etc/hosts. resolve.conf is for setting up DNS servers to point to.
>>
>>45066783

All good, I fixed it for you.

{
{m = menu;}

private int m ;
protected volatile static int n=0;

public void run ()
{
for (int i = 0; i < 100 ; i++)
{
if (m==0)
n++;
else
n--;
System.out.println (n);

try {
Thread.sleep((int) (2000*Math.random()));
} catch (InterruptedException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}

}
}
}

I get the following print:

>>
How do I know if my ISP using DNS block?
And how do I get passed it from linux?
>>
>>45066731
>>45066755
>>45066700

Well fuck me, what I was asking for is literally the definition of static: "a static member is a member of a class that isn’t associated with an instance of a class. Instead, the member belongs to the class itself." Thanks a ton.
>>
>>45066892

Fuck, forgot code tags.

{
{m = menu;}

private int m ;
protected volatile static int n=0;

public void run ()
{
for (int i = 0; i < 100 ; i++)
{
if (m==0)
n++;
else
n--;
System.out.println (n);

try {
Thread.sleep((int) (2000*Math.random()));
} catch (InterruptedException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}

}
}
}
>>
>>45066903

No worries, also, forget "volatile", doesn't seem to make any difference.
>>
>>45066849
1. I don't use windows.
2. You misunderstand my question, I'm asking how to get approved as domain name registrar by ICANN.
>>
>>45066896
Use a different DNS server and see if it works.
If it does, you ISP is doing shenanigans.

Edit /etc/resolv.conf, comment out the existing name sever, and add some other one.

>I'm asking how to get approved as domain name registrar by ICANN.
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/accreditation-2012-02-25-en
>>
>>45066937
Didn't link second part properly:
>>45066926
>>
>>45066937
>Use a different DNS server
What do you suggest as an alternative?
Also is it DNS block if when I visit a site I get "this site have been blocked by your ISP" ?
I can get behind those if I use a proxy.
thanks for replying.
>>
Is it considered a good practise to have a method for reading from the stdin?

I have a program that asks for the user to select an option and one of those option would lead to him giving info for creating an object. The options will be printed in the main function and I will use a switch() to take the appropriate action for each case. I was thinking of creating a different method for each case.
>>
>>45067001
GoogleDNS and OpenDNS are popular, but perhaps "too popular". Namecoin DNS is another alternative, but you can probably just do a search for DNS servers and use whatever.
>>
>>45067024

I can't immediately think of any disadvantages.

Putting code into methods/functions is usually good practice.
>>
Where the fuck do all these images with fucking huge black bars come from? User incompetence or phone shittyness?
>>
>>45067090
Thanks.
>>
>>45066919
What's the keyword volatile for? Isn't static the same thing? And shouldn't n be some global variable outside the 'middleman' thread?
>>
Stupid Question thread? ok /g/ in java and/or c# how do you get an mp3 file from a directory and play it?
>>
>>45067217
Find some library that plays music files, or just make the program invoke ffplay (ffmpeg) or something.

>>45067201
>Isn't static the same thing?
No. Volatile prevents race conditions by stopping readers from reading the variable while writers are writing to it.
>>
I'd like to watch 60fps videos on YouTube with Firefox, how do I do it?

I can watch the old showcase videos perfectly fine in 60fps, but for the new ones the 720p60 option doesn't display, flash or html5, doesn't matter.

I don't want to use bugle chrome or intershit explorer
>>
>>45067061
Merci
>>45067265
>ffplay
how do I use that to play subs in mkv file?
>>
>>45067344
>how do I use that to play subs in mkv file?
What are you trying to do?
If you're trying to make some video player, you may want to do something full-on like Mplayer's slave mode, mpv's libmpv, or Gstreamer.
I don't know how well they interface with C# or Java though.
>>
What's a decent tracker compared to what.CD? I really don't want to do an interview because I don't download much music but there are some songs I can't find anywhere else.
>>
>>45067410
>ffplay filename.mkv
that play the file but without the subs, how do I run the subs with the video?
I'm not this anon>>45067217
>>
>>45067424
RuTracker
>>
>>45067303
answer me faggots or I swear I'll make a thread!
>>
File: Raid.png (74KB, 817x702px) Image search: [Google]
Raid.png
74KB, 817x702px
What steps do I have to take in order for Drive H: to Raid 1 the contents of Drive I: ?
>>
I recently purchased a thinkpad x200, and just installed debian on it. However, I don't like the GNOME desktop environment, and was wondering how I can change it to KDE or Xfce and how. Cheers
>>
>>45067435
ffplay doesn't have a subtitle renderer. It's pretty much just a barebones interface to ffmpeg.
Other players use things like libass for that.
>>
>>45067265
>Find some library that plays music files
any suggestions anon? Or maybe just go with suggestions on stackoverflow
>>
>>45067454
Just go with what stack overflow or whoever tells you.
>>
>>45067453
I see, then do you know of any player that don't shit itself when playing an mkv file with animated subtitle?
I'm on linux, VLC just crashed, and mpv do better but sever frame drops.
>>
>>45067485
Are you using hardware acceleration or anything?
Use mpv with opengl-hq.

Also, there is a problem with infinality at the moment that causes libass (which mpv and VLC use) to crash with certain subtitle commands, if you're using that.
>>
>>45067519
# Video Options
#vo=opengl:lscale=spline36:cscale=spline36:dither-depth=no:fbo-format=rgba32f:fancy-downscaling
vo=opengl-hq:output_surfaces=15:queuetime_fs=1500
vf=vdpaupp:hqscaling=1
hwdec=vdpau

# Audio Options
alang=ja,jpn,Japanese

# Subtitle Options
slang=en,eng,English
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll

# Miscellaneous
ad-lavc-threads=8
hr-seek=yes
framedrop=no
screenshot-format=png
screenshot-png-compression=5

That's my config file for mpv.
Also I'm not using infinality.
>>
>>45067424
ruTracker has guaranteed quality, a great selection, and is more neatly organized. Soulseek has an even bigger selection but is messier and you have to be careful about transcodes (if you care about that stuff)
>>
>>45067482
so for java I found javazoom's jlp. Worked flawlessly and it's LGPL, so everything is great...highly recommend it
>>
How can i use third party projects like tinyhttpd with my code? (no shared libs)
>>
File: $_35.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
Anyone ever use a Fujitsu T1010 Tablet? Any good, worth 200$ today from a classifieds site?
>>
Can mph-hc play blurays?
>>
what's the best email client for windows for outlook/hotmail?
>>
>>45067751
Yes

Best app to read on phone?
Needs to be:
>Free (freedoom and beer)
>Having non-shit ui
>Able to open most formants
>Functional for manlet hand phone
>>
>>45067763
>Yes

without any extra plugins?
>>
>>45067449
1. apt-get install task-kde-desktop (or task-xfce-desktop or task-lxde-desktop)
2. logout
3. from the login manager, choose another DE.
4. you're done

Note: this method is not a minimalistic method, and take up some disk space, but it's quite straightforward.
Note 2: if you install Debian the next time, keep in mind that you can choose which DE to install from the boot menu of the boot cd/usb/whatever you used to install.
>>
Need an alternative to Google Maps. How's Waze?
>>
Are AMD FX-4300 AM3+ 3,8GHz processors allright (they are ~$85 here)?

Purpose:
-games at 1680x1050
-gentoo (compiling software)
-running a single virtual machine
-everyday image editing
>>
Poorfag here, dished some cash to buy a 750 ti for minimum gaming. I also going to need a new cpu and have been thinking about those cheap amd ones. Just two questions.

Is it true that nvidia cards run like shit with amd cpus?

and if the later is a lie, can someone recommend one of those under 100$ cpus?

Mind that i don't care about ultrahighhdgrafix, just that i can run games with decent fps.

Thanks.
>>
how do i start a C project from scratch, select build system etc?
>>
>>45067839
Use plain makefiles and pkgconfig.
Maybe when your project get a bit bigger or more complicated, switch to something like autotools.
>>
Hi /g/, I recently bought a moto g LTE with a broken glass for cheap. Is there any reason not to just replace the glass, rather than the entire screen assembly?
>>
>>45067810
Waze is so nice because you get to interact with others and everyone reports whatever they see on the road.

The problem with Waze that it can't properly estimate your destination based on traffic like Google Maps does, and the popups and shit can be a distraction if you feel like "Liking" or saying "Not There" to a report someone reported.

What it does have is it's own speedometer based on GPS which is okay for some.

Voice Activation is also garbage.
>How can I help you?
Report Police
>What was that?
Report Police
>Couldn't hear you try asking again
Report Police
>Cancelled
Fuck you

Google Now does an amazing job yet I don't understand how Waze can't do it.

There's also fags who keep reporting "Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder" so if you're driving along the highway you're gonna hear that a lot.

I personally have waze open all the time when I'm driving though. The police reports / objects on road / speed camera / red light camera and shit are nice to live by, but I don't use it for navigation 100% of the time.
>>
I have a shitty old laptop with 750 mb ram and a 1.6 ghz dual core which linux distro is the best for it?
>>
>>45067848
the only problem with autotools is that once you do configure there is a shit load of crap there
>>
>>45067915
Anything with plain, non-riced lxde or xfce (except ooboontoo, xubuntu is the worst thing happened to xfce).
>>
>>45067915
Any of them.
Just don't use one with Unity, KDE, or GNOME.
They are memory hogs.
>>
>>45067828
>Is it true that nvidia cards run like shit with amd cpus?
I'm running a FX 6350 with a GTX 760 fine.

It's my first time using an AMD CPU, so I'm not sure what to recommend
>>
>>45067915
lubuntu or puppy
>>
What's the difference between a live USB and a live CD?
>>
Recommended domain registrars?

I'm looking for getting a domain that I can set up two email addresses; one pointing to a home RasPi host and one set up through a Google account (still not sure how to do that).
>>
>>45067934
I thought about Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" - Cinnamon (32-bit) is it good?
>>
>>45067953
1. The physical medium
2. On a live USB you can create a persistent file that can store your change, if you wish
>>
What's the best way to only allow digits into an array in C?
printf("\nPlease enter your new pin \n");
for(i=0;i<max;i++)
{
scanf("%d",&n[i]);
scanf("%c", &k);
}

I have this put it only stops it from going into an infinite loop
>>
>>45067953
one is on CD the other is on USB media.
You can use persistence on USB
>>45067958
Cinnamon Takes at least 150 MB, but you can replace the DE if you want.
But it's doing fine for me on 2.3 GHz dual core with 4 GB of RAM and I'm using a single core.
>>
Need to update a Mac (believe it's the G5) from 10.4 to 10.9. After some Google searches I found out that I need to update first to 10.5 and then 10.6 and so on. Is there no way to update from 10.4 to 10.9 without those between?
>>
>>45067958
I've never used Mint before, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

>>45067972
Don't use scanf for getting user input. It's just too easy to break.
Unless you can GUARANTEE the format you're going to get (which is never the case with user input), don't use scanf.
Use fgets instead, and strtol if you want it as an integer:

#define BUF_SIZE 256

char buffer[BUF_SIZE];

printf("\nPlease enter your new pin \n");
fgets(buffer, BUF_SIZE, stdin);
>>
File: b20121009_5.jpg (196KB, 600x498px) Image search: [Google]
b20121009_5.jpg
196KB, 600x498px
am i blind?
does this mobo only have 1 casefan connector?

its a biostar a55ml2
>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again
goddamnit moot, no link then
>>
>>45068194
>white 4 pin connector next to the socket is for the CPU
>orange 3 pin connector next to the expansion slot is probably the case fan

Apparently. You might have to buy a molex (or sata power) -> fan power converter
>>
File: l33t h4xx0r.jpg (31KB, 479x352px) Image search: [Google]
l33t h4xx0r.jpg
31KB, 479x352px
How do I find this video on Youtube?
>>
>>45068227
>You might have to buy a molex (or sata power) -> fan power converter
A fan controller is better, because then the fan won't be at 100% power all the time.

Or just get a mobo with several fan connectors.
>>
>>45068237
http://vimeo.com/11328554
>>
File: 1410395738693.png (7KB, 321x341px) Image search: [Google]
1410395738693.png
7KB, 321x341px
>>45068273
THANK YOU

>mfw that video
>>
I want to do some video editing on my Macbook 4.1. What software should I use that has all in 1? Mainly wanting to cut and fade ins and get some text in there.
>>
How do I put a graph into LaTeX?
>>
>>45068273
Is this 60fps?
>>
>>45068227
>>45068264
guess i'll spend some more then

it was offered used for €25
fan controller and all that shit would set me back enough to buy a better one
>>
I recently go myself a VPS with GNU/Linux, how does one port forward on this OS. My windows brain is hurting.
>>
dont have a blank dvd, how can i install windows 7 from a usb?``
>>
File: freebsd.jpg (21KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
freebsd.jpg
21KB, 500x336px
>>45066429
Stylistic note: you can use sizeof with anything that is known at compile time, so it's often a good idea to do your mallocs like this:

char *ptr = malloc(N * sizeof(*ptr));

You might think that sizeof(*ptr) would cause issues since you're dereferencing an uninitialized value, but this happens at compile time there's no dereferencing going on.

This style also reduces repetition, which is nice if you decide later that you actually need to malloc another type. You only have to change one thing:

my_fancy_type_t *ptr = malloc(N * sizeof(*ptr));
>>
>>45068439
1.get a genuine dvd/iso
2.use wintoflash or dd (on loonix)
>>
When the fuck is libass/infinality going to get fixed?
I want to watch my subbed chinese cartoons without my media player segfaulting.
>>
>>45068498
did you file a bug on their issue tracker?
>>
what does
bash -n 

do and how do i exit it
>>
>>45068550
$ man bash
/-n
>>
I want a powerful tablet.
Surface Pro 3, yes or no? And why?
Gonna use it for work, watching chinese cartoons and internet. Might play games on it, when I'm nowhere near my PC.
>>
>>45068605
if you can afford it, sure.
>>
>>45068337
I'd do it like this:
>take high res screenshot of graph
>put in GIMP
>color to transparency -> white
>put picture in LaTeX

But I don't know how to make them right in LaTeX.
>>
Never mind, I have no idea how but I somehow got the wrong software.
>>
File: firefox1.jpg (55KB, 520x605px) Image search: [Google]
firefox1.jpg
55KB, 520x605px
How does my browser (firefox) occupy over a gig of ram with only a few tabs open and a cleared cache? How can I prevent this?
>>
>>45068697
do you have a lot of addons?
Does this happen with a clean profile too?
I've got quite a lot of stuff going on but it's at around 400MB.
>>
File: ss (2014-11-08 at 04.10.58).jpg (100KB, 822x638px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-11-08 at 04.10.58).jpg
100KB, 822x638px
>>45068685
And since I don't have an EVO, but an older 840, the fix doesn't work anyway. Great, I'll just rewrite the SSD manually now and then.

Samsung really sucks.
>>
>>45068719
what are you even trying to do?
Are you trying to fix the bug on the 840 evos? If you don't have an evo, then you don't have the bug.
>>
I'm planning on ordering an Rosewill Apollo tomorrow with cherry mx blues, I'd get the browns version but the blue has a real nice rebate.

Would .02mm o-rings noticeably soften the noise, while keeping the feel (not including the distance of key traveled) the same? I basically just want a quiet mx blue since it's my only option.
>>
File: ss (2014-09-28 at 04.57.40).png (56KB, 1159x462px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-09-28 at 04.57.40).png
56KB, 1159x462px
>>45068729
I have a pre-EVO 840. It was affected by the bug, but apparently it doesn't get a fix.

Here's the effect of rewriting it a while back.
>>
File: ss (2014-11-08 at 04.15.28).png (29KB, 570x457px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-11-08 at 04.15.28).png
29KB, 570x457px
>>45068751
For reference, here's what it looks like now.
>>
>>45068714
No. I'm not sure what a "clean profile" is, but I keep my browsing simple and my cache limited to 200mb which I clear regularly. What information is being stored if it isn't in the cache?
>>
Is the root cause of aesthetic appreciation purely neurological, and if so, does that mean all beauty can be reduced to stimuli of certain centers within the brain?
>>
mpc-hc having sound issues when playing movies with dts-hd audio
every now and then i hear glitches
cause?
-movie framerate desyncs?
-filter/encoder problem?
not hardware thats for sure
>>
I've been trying to learn Haskell for over a half a year now. I tried to create a data type of "graph" as being composed of two sets:

[Code]
import qualified Data.Sets as Sets
data Graph = Thing Set Set
[/Code]

No matter what I do something is out of scope. Main is out of scope. There isn't even a main in that code. Or usually set is out of scope. Maybe change Set to just a type parameter. Get a bunch of errors for that. How in the he'll is it possible to study a programming language for 6+ months and not be able to write ANY programs in it?

What am I doing wrong (learning-wise, not the code per se)?
>>
>>45068761
>>45068751
I googled a bit and it seems Samsung simply ignores 840 Basic drives.
Nice customer service.
>>
>>45068770
an empty profile wit 0 addons
>>
I know little of prgoramming. How can one program be written in multiple languages? As in "we write the program mostly in C++, with a little bit of python" or whatever.
>>
>>45069074
Magic.
>>
File: 19thcenturystallman.jpg (166KB, 559x800px) Image search: [Google]
19thcenturystallman.jpg
166KB, 559x800px
Looking into building an electric bike.
I had my eye on this kit here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Bicycle-E-Bike-Conversion-Kit-48V-1000W-Brushless-Motor-Rear-Wheel-/170939207305?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item27ccc54e89. It doesn't include a battery though and after looking around on forums batteries are expensive as fuck.

Anyway, my question is can I build my own battery like this one (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-Model-48V-10-4ah-bottle-holdermount-lithium-Li-ion-electric-bike-battery-/171524013964?) using four of these? (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12V-6800mAh-Super-Rechargeable-Lithium-ion-Battery-ON-OFF-Switch-OVS-SCA-0650-/171327297905?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item27e3e71971) The massive price difference makes me think I can't, I know very little about electronics though so I really have no clue.
>>
File: wut.png (10KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
10KB, 800x600px
I have a question regarding my lumia phone's screen. I don't have another camera to take a pic so I just drew it.

When it's inactive and I watch it at light, I can see some sort of weird grid visible at certain and some sort of regularly aligned dark little rectangles (they're not alined on the drawing but they're supposed to be).

What is this?
>>
>>45069074
Usually bindings in C. It all turns into binary at some point anyway.
>>
>>45069125
If it's AMOLED, it's a problem with the current not being even across all the LEDs. It's just one of the limitations with the technology.
>>
>>45069165
I think it's a LCD clearblack panel.
>>
File: Message_023.png (6KB, 318x241px) Image search: [Google]
Message_023.png
6KB, 318x241px
How do I install the propietary drivers for my integrated AMD Radeon 3000 card? I've tried installing it from the AMD website download but it always returns this.
>>
>>45069243
I'm using Xubuntu 14.04 btw
>>
>>45069243
Do what is says, run it using --force.
>>
>>45069243
Did you check the log for more information?
>>
>>45069268
are you sure? I don't want to break my computer
>>
>>45069269
Here's what the log says. My headers are apparently updated and everything
>>
If I used a usb to ps2 adapter for a keyboard would the keyboard then make use of interrupts instead of polling? I asked this in a keyboard thread but didn't get a reply.
>>
What is the best laptop I can get my brother?
He is portable type of guy so no need for a desktop.
>>
>>45069315
For what?
>>45069301
I think so.
>>
>>45069324
Everything. If he wants to game he can game.
>>
I need a command that will show me (ideally delete as well, but just showing me would work fine) all the folders in a directory that aren't hardlinked. Any way to do this?
>>
>>45068923
The only two addons I have are Youtube Center and Facebook disconnect. It is obviously very easy for browsers to be memory hogs. I try to do my best to limit browser memory use, but it is not hard for it to rise above 1 gig. What is all of that information that is being stored even though windows aren't opened?
>>
>>45069125
Nevermind that, it looks like it's normal you can see that on direct sunlight, it's the digitizer grid.
>>
>>45069351
The best money can buy then.
>>
>>45069288
I'd just --force it.
>>
>>45069315
Get a quality laptop meant for professional use such as a Thinkpad, Dell Latitude or Macbook Pro.

Those are the kind of laptops that will still be relevant 5 years later and be good enough for most tasks 10 years later. I myself have an 8 year old Thinkpad and it still performs well enough for everything but games.
>>
Best place to find free education?
>>
File: FUCKING NIGGERS.jpg (48KB, 706x465px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING NIGGERS.jpg
48KB, 706x465px
Not a question but I just want to vent.

>Order my first gaming PC
>Site is the cheapest in my country, says you get your stuff the next day
>Dont have a phone number in order to make the costs lower
>overall positive reviews
>get no mails or anything that they have send it
>prepared myself to be busy with it the whole weekend
>5:00 PM get mail
>haha fuck you, your case isnt avaible even though on our site we say we have 21 in stock

You cannot comprehend the amounts of mad I am right now. Yea, yea its not the most amazing looking case but I like a baine case. Besides, I also got the feeling they were to lazy to ship it today and just came up with an excuse to ship it later because the mail is precisly at fucking 5:00 PM
>>
What is the best way/software to record music from within my computer?
>>
File: 1278852689767.gif (450KB, 430x239px) Image search: [Google]
1278852689767.gif
450KB, 430x239px
>>45066235
What do you guys suggest as a Seedbox provider? No fancy stuff needed.
>>
Guys, I have a problem, my motherboard won't boot unless fully discharged, I have been looking for a solution but I haven't found anything.
>>
>>45069506
Did you write them a mail and told them why it shows they got one?
Do they have retail stores too?
>>
The best computer build for video editing/processing under $500? Have a buddy who wants edit game videos
>>
>>45069540
seedboxes cc
or ultra seed box
>>45069523
You mean an audio that's playing from your output device?
Most programs can do that just set the output as your source.
>>45069506
That's way I never buy online.
I go to the store and pay with cash and argue with the register until they gave me a discount.
>>
>>45069372
find . -links 1
Or to delete:
find . -links 1 -delete
>>
I am buying a laptop today
What is the specs I need for processor and ram.
I am using this STRICTLY for business purposes only like school work and buying stuff from the internet
>>
>>45069243
>>45069249
radeon cards older ten the 4xxx series arent supported in the new kernel
>>
>>45069575
like any other build, but get a cheap GPU (or onboard) and a better CPU instead.
>>
Can this PSU power two R9 280X's and an FX 8350?
>>
>>45069576
When I record the music from the computer itself it sounds fine while recording but when I playback it sounds like farting noises.
>>
>>45069122
Anybody?
>>
File: psu.png (12KB, 636x246px) Image search: [Google]
psu.png
12KB, 636x246px
>>45069611
oops, forgot pic
>>
>>45069605
Links to a guide?
>>
>>45069639
http://www.logicalincrements.com/
>>
File: hard-reset.gif (409KB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
hard-reset.gif
409KB, 410x230px
With android if you merge an updated app to /system/app then at some point do a factory reset, Will the updated apps you merged stay? Or would it revert back to the app the device cam with.
>>
>>45069634
Yes, and have lots of room to spare.
>>
>>45069600
>buying stuff from the internet
Intel Atom.
>school work
Depends on what kind of work.

Have you considered Thinkpad X series?
>>
>>45069615
Maybe then it's the recording program?
Or it's maybe the speakers?
have you tried playing it from other device?
>>45069617
You may get better response in /diy/
>>45069662
Revert back.
Unless you have backup image.
>>
What's the difference between a process and an application?
>>
>>45069677
I haven't
What should I know about it?
>>
>>45069693
I never even thought of asking there, thanks.
>>
can someone help me with this?
- Create three string variables, Line1, Line2, and Line3.
- Assign “Welcome to C++ Programming!” to Line1, and
“This is the first assignment” to Line2, and
“by your name here” to Line3.
>>
>>45069718
They are pretty decent 12 inch laptops.
>>
Any program/add-on on Firefox to disable DASH and force Flash in Youtube? Apparently HTML5 works like shit on my toaster.

Already tried Youtube Center and only brought more problems.
>>
>>45069707
an application can have multiple processes.
>>
>>45069781
disable h264 and webm in firefox
>>
#include <iostream>
#include <string>

using namespace std;

int main () {
string Line1 = "Welcome to C++ Programming!";
string Line2 = "This is the first assignment";
string Line3 = "by Anon Dickface";
// Assignment didn't specify to output anything but I'll be damned if I'm going to create all these variables and not do jack shit with them.
cout << Line1 << endl << Line2 << endl << Line3 << endl;
return 0;
}
>>
Hey /g/, where do you recommend I crack windows 7? THanks
>>
>>45069824
thnaks man
i love you
>>
>>45069843
You really should try to learn this stuff though. I mean that assignment was basically free points just to make sure you got your compiler or IDE or whatever set up properly, it's only going to get more complicated from here.
>>
My mom cancelled our 100/100 fiber connection for a more expensive 10/1 adsl because a salesman told her it 'better for social media'

Wat do? Kill myself and then what?

I know im not paying for it but its so retarded holy shit
>>
there was a program i used a few years ago to (i think ) emulate directx or a graphics card.

i have no idea what its called and im thinking it might be useful at the moment
>>
>>45069892
grow up and move out.
>>
>>45069892
Explain to her that she got conned and have her back out and call the old company saying she doesn't want to cancel?

Hell, she could just say she's "reconsidering" and they'll probably throw her some freebies to try to convince her to stay with them.
>>
>>45069824
#!/usr/bin/runhaskell

line = unlines ["Welcome to Haskell Programming!","This is the first assignment","by Anon Dickface"]

main = putStr line
>>
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_1195_700_704&item_id=068579
Is this monitor any good? Does IPS have any advantages for someone who mostly looks at text and Vietnamese claymations?
>>
>>45069988
Don't know about that specific monitor, IPS is nice but it's not like a huge night and day difference or anything. The biggest difference is in the viewing angle, otherwise it's mostly a subtle thing.
>>
what's the difference between a VPN and a proxy?
>>
>>45069554
Yea, wrote them a mail but no reply I had to hold myself to not start flaming.

They dont have retail stores but they do have a service point but heres the catch, its only open from wednesday to saturday and on their site they say its temporarly closed because of a renovation.
>>
>>45070027
VPN on it's own is simply a secure tunnel allowing you to join a local network from WAN.
A proxy simply connects on one end to you and on the other to some remote location.
>>
>>45069828
pls
>>
I just downloaded 100GB of virtual memory off pirate bay, how do I tell Windows to use this extra memory for paging?
>>
>>45070070
Just use one of the precracked ISOs on tpb. That's what I always do.
>>
>pirating your operating system
Literally retarded. Enjoy your botnet.
>>
>>45070078
>I just downloaded 100GB of virtual memory off pirate bay, how do I tell Windows to use this extra memory for paging?
Did you download a RAM?
>>
>>45070078
control panel - advanced system settings - tab advanced - performance settings - tab advanced - click change on virtual memory - select the downloaded file to be used.
>>
How can i tell to firewalld to don not drop but forward subnet packets? No nat or other shit needed, just to forward the fucking packets like a network bridge.
>>
File: images.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 225x225px
I know you guys aren't my personal tech support but I've tried googling this and nothing has helped me. All the "solutions" don't work.

>Trying to export Guitar Pro 5 songs as .WAVs
>This comes up
>"FMOD error! (50) A call to a standard soundcard driver failed, which could possibly mean a bug in the driver"
>When I click the Windows Record Mix Table, It doesn't open
>I go to my recording devices, right click and check "show disabled and disconnected devices"
>The Stereo Mix option isn't there
>I try to update my driver, it says it's up to date

What the fuck, it's like the shit disappeared. It's even more boggling because years ago I exported songs as .WAVs with no problems

Can anyone help?
>>
>>45070114
Thanks
>>
is an i3 better than an FX-6300 for games?
>>
>>45070732
a 4160 to be precise
>>
>>45070070
Download official ISO, use Daz loader
>>
Is it possible to make a virtual machine with better hardware than the host machine it's being run from? Like a faster processor or more memory or some shit?
>>
>>45070796
I'm sure there's a way to trick the virtual machine into thinking it's running on whatever hardware you want, but you won't get a performance increase at all
>>
I wanna fuck a trap what do /g/?
>>
>>45070976
1. Find trap willing to fuck
2. Fuck trap
>>
sup, i seek a new dark gtk 2.0/3.0 theme. are there any you could recommend?
>>
I have a bunch of 3DS DLC files that I've run through SD Decryptor and got the xorpads for, then xored each file to decrypt them. Anyone know what I have to do next so that I can transfer them to another 3DS? I think I just need to package them into a .cia but not sure how to do this.
>>
>>45071125
Flatstudio or Numix.
>>
File: 110185099.png (58KB, 284x575px) Image search: [Google]
110185099.png
58KB, 284x575px
what is better Windows 8.1 or Windows 7?/

are there any differences?
>>
>>45071254
there are, go google them.
>>
>>45071254
Depends on what you want to use it for. I think overall 8.1 with Classic Shell is better, though you will have problems with a few old apps (mostly really old games) that need DirectDraw, since it is unsupported in W8. You also can't disable desktop composition anymore which can become a problem.

I just made a small W7 partition at the end of the drive and use W8.1 for 99% of stuff and switch over on the rare instance I have a problem.
>>
>>45070548
bump
>>
>>45066235
Is it at all possible to make it so that images dont get burned into my monitor, or am I fucked?
>>
H105 or H110?

for 4790k
>>
>>45071466
After it burns in just invert the colors and display the inverted image for the same amount of time you did the original and it will gradually unburn it
>>
>>45071466
Screesaver?
>>
File: Screenshot (1).png (223KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (1).png
223KB, 1920x1080px
What the hell am I supposed to do with all this wasted RAM? Is it possible to make Windows cache more shit into memory?
>>
>>45071532
>dem tabs
>>
I 've just set up a domain with a vps ..
I can see the website when i use firefox but not when using chrome ..
wtf ?
>>
>>45071532
There's probably no reason to. If you bump it up too high it might just slow your system down more since it has to do more I/O to keep the cache full
>>
>>45071551
I'm hunting for some cheap used GPUs.
>>
File: eeaea.png (39KB, 742x609px) Image search: [Google]
eeaea.png
39KB, 742x609px
>>45071556
forgot pic
>>
File: 1405984483697.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1405984483697.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>install amd drivers for ati mobility 5000 series
>crashes whenever i play flash videos in fullscreen
anyone else having this problem? happens for pretty much every fucking time i fullscreen a flash video or watch youtube
really getting on my nerves
>>
>>45071558
But it would only slow down at boot and for a second if I ran something heavy to free some memory, other than that data once cached would stay ready in RAM improving programs startup times and all that shit. Kinda like Android.
>>
guys i really have some huge lag when using Win 8 for long time untill i restart
Ane idea to solve this problem ?
>>
File: branstonpickle.png (5KB, 158x97px) Image search: [Google]
branstonpickle.png
5KB, 158x97px
Is anyone on Virgin media experiencing SSL problems?
>>
>>45071630
Check task manager next time it happens, see what's using up a shitload of RAM and/or CPU. If necessary uninstall it.
>>
>>45071630
Format, reinstall.
>>
File: image%3A4.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A4.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>45071591
>L'Ordinateur ohohohoh
>>
>>45071643
What kinds of problems?
>>
>>45071712

Most sites redirecting to websafe. It looks like a major part of their network is down for maintenance,
>>
>>45071779
Must just be in your area, I'm not having any problems.
>>
What's the best way to download this with the wget command?
Or should I use curl?
Also is there a way to generate thumbnails before I download it?
www.princess-emily.com/albums/
>>
How to make a laptop go to a TV via hdmi on boot without switching it in windows?
thx
>>
>>45072056
If you switch it in Windows won't it remember this for its next boot? Until you unplug it at least I think.
>>
What's the easiest programming language to learn and how would I go about learning it?
>>
Trying to convert some mkv files to avi. Used a couple different softwares (not Handbrake), but I always wind up with audio only files. Is this common when converting mkv files, and how do I fix this?
>>
>>45070548
bump
>>
File: gV6XLUN.png (12KB, 491x86px) Image search: [Google]
gV6XLUN.png
12KB, 491x86px
How would I remove this top bar (and also the white line) in Xubuntu?

Also I wonder, is there any good theming tutorials for it?
Most of the ones I could find where pretty barebone when it comes to theming.
>>
>>45072203
Hard to say what's the easiest, I might suggest Java though simply because it's very well documented which will help you a lot. You can find some tutorials here: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/

Python might also be a good choice since it's pretty intuitive in a lot of ways and well suited towards making small useful little programs for accomplishing some task, which is one of the best ways towards learning any programming language.
>>
>>45072203
python , it's like game for kids
>>
>>45072144
I don't think it will remember it, but I'll try it
I need it to go to the TV screen in the bois staige ..
>>
>>45072274
Well at least on my computer it outputs to every monitor it's connected to until it gets into its operating system which tells it which one it needs to keep outputting on. It probably depends on how your BIOS implements it though. Might be a setting somewhere to change the default output port, I seem to remember a longass time ago having to change this on a desktop so that it would stop trying to output from the GPU built into the motherboard and use the dedicated one I plugged into it.
>>
>>45072269
>Not recommending MatLab for a first timer.

My first language was actually MatLab. Plebs
>>
I'm new to this PC building thing. How exactly do I compare graphics cards? What should I be looking for?
>>
Hey /g/, I need some help. I have a 212+ with only one fan, but it's been making a strange clicking noise. My guess is that it's gonna die soon, so I'm thinking about getting a new fan. My question is, what fans are compatible with the heatsink? Also, would I have buy clips to attach the fan to the heatsink?
>>
>>45072331
Depends on your needs, wants, and budget. What do you want to do with you computer?
>>
Best i7 if I'm not going to overclock?
>>
>>45072294
So it's a bios setting then...
Heres the thing I jast fuckked my display on my samsung r580 and I wanna plug it into ma tv to use it as a media player...
>>
>>45072356
It'll just be primarily gaming on mid-to-high settings and streaming content.
>>
I'm using a vps I can access php,html files but not pictures .. even if give pictures a 777 the keep saying i don't have right ( on browser )
>>
is RAID 1 for reliable storage while RAID 0 is for widening the bandwidth that data is transferred through? i was told that RAID 1 is never meant to backup data.
>>
>>45072490
You should probably go check logical increments. That will give you a good idea of what to look for. I'd take the recommendations from there with a grain of salt though. It's more like a jumping off point than anything else.
>>
If I flash my nexus 5 with android L, will I be able to receive future updates normally?
>>
>>45072550
Well, the thing you have to keep in mind with any RAID level is that it only protects you in the event of a hardware failure. If you lose data due to a software problem of some kind (partitions getting fucked up, some program overwriting something it shouldn't, your RAID controller going apeshit and overwriting everything with garbage, etc) it will accomplish nothing.

I'd recommend if you really care about your data that you use it in addition to some other form of backup.
>>
My apartment has Ethernet ports in all the rooms. I assumed I could plug my router into one so it could send an internet connection to the rest of the rooms but that is not the case. Should there be some port in the apartment that sends a signal to all the rest?
>>
I'm using my 768p laptop with a 1080p monitor, HD 4400, scaled up to 1080p, but the windows still scale elements to their old size. I can change this partly with Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display and setting it to Smaller, but it doesn't work for everything. Any ideas?
>>
>>45072336
Gonna try asking about this question again.

Any takers?
>>
Just did fresh install of arch. i cannot seem to get my storage HD to mouse. I shows up in thunar. but not in fstab.
>>
File: ibrv0FOvdSkJed.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
ibrv0FOvdSkJed.gif
2MB, 320x180px
is C# worth learning solely for Unity3D first, or should i grasp C++ and opengl before trying to touch it? i want to make a game more so than an engine in itself, but would like to script my own components for rendering/compositing.
>>
>>45071476
>>45071495
I mean, it fades away on its own but its still a pain in the ass that things burn into it in the first place. I probably should have worded it better, but I was more of looking for a way to prevent it from burning images into it in the first place.
>>
File: pondering.png (3KB, 302x237px) Image search: [Google]
pondering.png
3KB, 302x237px
hey /g/ I has 2 questions:

can you guys give me some advice on how I would advertise a new(ish) chan to the world?

some friends and I are trying to get pokechan up and running. We have some ideas, we want to be different from 4chan, 8, and 7, and so on. Was hoping for some help to see what you guys think. I'm currently an admin and one of the few who helps keep the site running seeing how the few people that come to the chan are like 6 of us at once. We have 2 anons on there but yeah... Any ideas?

2nd:

>I wouldn't remove it. If I do, I get some error about "posts_poke" (MySQL error) missing. So I keep it in.
from my main admin. he wants to but not sure how. Help?
>>
Is there a way to set a default download folder for RSS feeds on qBittorent?
>>
>>45073039
On uTorrent you just right click the feed and click "RSS Downloader" and then you can set it from there, not sure about qBittorrent
>>
What does Wayland/Weston mean for the average user?

Is Wayland to X11 and Weston to Xorg, or is Wayland to X and Weston to GNOME/KDE etc. or is it something else entirely?
>>
Need some help. Fresh install and needing to mount my HD. Pops up on file manager. But not in my fstab

here are my lsblk results

NAME   MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
fd0 2:0 1 4K 0 disk
sda 8:0 0 111.8G 0 disk
├─sda1 8:1 0 107.2G 0 part /
├─sda2 8:2 0 1K 0 part
└─sda5 8:5 0 4.6G 0 part [SWAP]
sdb 8:16 0 1.8T 0 disk
├─sdb1 8:17 0 1.8T 0 part
└─sdb2 8:18 0 48.8G 0 part
sr0 11:0 1 436.3M 0 rom
>>
Where does /g/ get their tech news? Specifically hardware news and reviews. I follow Guru3D, but I feel like there has to be better options out there.
>>
>Trying to install windows 8.1 on an old pc (~2004)
>PC is old but has minimum requirements for 32-bit version
>Insert bootable USB (it's 4gb and I've tried both FAT32 and NTFS)
>Boots usb with bootmenu
>A disk read error occurred.
>sadfrog.jpg

Can anyone help me with this? I tried making it bootable with Rufus and Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool, same result.

thx
>>
So you can't build a fully fledged Chromium browser for Android ATM. Which led me to the question:

Are there any Chromium based browsers for Android besides Chrome and opera?

want the ability to log in with my botnet acc and sync my bookmarks, so if that's not supported, it isn't relevant.
>>
>>45072709
bump
>>
>>45067887

To start, you have to be confident you can remove the class easily. A heat gun (not a hair dryer) and piano wire helps. If you fail to do this properly you will break the LCD anyway, and theres no point.

Glue is also an issue, depending on the kind of phone its entirely possible to ruin the backlight with the glue you are using. So again, you risk ending up in a situation where you must replace the LCD anyway.

Ultimately it depends on the price difference, and whether you want to spend an hour or so hunched over a phone picking bits of glass out. But of course, some phones are far easier than others. So check up some youtube tutorials.
>>
File: 1353999252357.gif (909KB, 400x361px) Image search: [Google]
1353999252357.gif
909KB, 400x361px
>>45068273
This is actually incredibly accurate, jesus christ
Social engineering is so easy if you're not a sperg
>>
Why the fuck do heavy games like Real Racing 3 lag on my Note 4? The snapdragon 805 should destroy those, but instead they run at ~30 fps.
>>
>>45073379
Lots of app processes running in b ackground? They take up quite a bit ram after some time.

Otherwise, running TW? ;)
>>
>>45073415
Yes, touchjizz. And I don't want to root it/install another ROM either since I'd lose my warranty.
>>
>>45073429
Don't think it will make any difference, but you may try the app "LagFix (free)"
>>
>>45073429
>>45073415
Is there anything I can do? The 1440p sceen is probably also a culprit.
>>
File: captcha.jpg (3KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
captcha.jpg
3KB, 300x57px
>>45073500
Another idea is enabling gpu rendering in the dev settings.
*may* cause some apps to misbehave
*may* increase performance, or decrease it
>>
>downloading updates for arch
>crashes during installation (happens often, don't know why)
>can't start properly, stuff from networkmanager to lightdm broken
>have to reinstall

Why is that allowed? Can't they somehow make it so it's safe to "disrupt" the installation process? This has happened twice now. ;_;
>>
Got an i7 3930k, but the top of the CPU seems a little dirty (smudges), do I need to contact intel for a replacement? I just got back home after a month and a half away, so I can't go back and return it for another. Still haven't even opened the box.
>>
File: atom.png (23KB, 437x211px) Image search: [Google]
atom.png
23KB, 437x211px
What does %U do?
>>
NEW
>>45073839
>>45073839
>>45073839
>>45073839
NEW
>>
>>45073841

>atom --help
>see what %U does
>>
>>45073949
Doesn't mention anything about it
>>
>>45066235
whats a good motherboard for i5 cpu
Thread posts: 309
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.