[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Korean "Future Technology"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: North-Korea-12.jpg (190KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
North-Korea-12.jpg
190KB, 1024x768px
A week or two ago I read an interesting bit about these North Korean Architects who were asked to present their image of the future, without being limited by money, or structural integrity. This picture is one of a set that they presented.
What's your opinion, /g/?
>>
>>43088318
looks very clean
>>
lel, that hotel they built in the middle of a city is a fucking disaster

they can't build one building, they won't be able to build a whole city
>>
>>43088318
Where the fuck does the water come from?
If you need to pump it up in the first place then there is no reason how this could generate more energy than wasting it
>>
>>43088335
Ive never personally been there, and I've only seen shoddy VICE videos and stuff, but Ive always wondered if that hotel is considered "High-Class" or not, given the obvious neglect of everything else Ive been able to get a good look at online.
>>
>>43088388
They fucked up. They realized they had fucked up when it was too late. They decided to finish the outside and abandon the inside. It's basically a monument to the failure of planned economies.
>>
>no statues of Dear Leader
0/10
>>
>>43088388
It's not quite a hotel
It's just an empty structure.
>>
>>43088318
That I would like to see the rest of the set.
At least, they're thinking of renewables, and respectful symbiosis with nature. Thats much more advanced than everything "we" built until now.
>>
>>43088851
That comment.
11/10
>>
>>43088915
http://gizmodo.com/how-north-korean-architects-imagine-the-future-of-citie-1601778064
>>
>>43088984

- That I like the conceptions on authorship, and culture centrism expressed by Gizmodo, specially when most of US intellectuals rebrand ideas from the past as their own.
- That none of the pictures feature any political symbol whatsoever.
- That some of the ideas shown, are to a certain degree convergent with the principles of sustainability, and ecology.
- That some others, look like sci fi novels from the fifties.
- Oh, and that the degree of paternalism - or maternalism, if you like it genderist - is just lovely, as if people thought no good contribution could be issued from any human mind, independently from the country it comes from.
>>
it looks like shit
it looks hard to go around from place to place, with all that water getting in the way
why the water?
that's not how hydraulic energy works
basically, those people are shitty artists as far as I can see, instead of actual engineers
>>
>>43088335
what building?
>>
>>43089170

>why the water?

Yeah. Thats utterly and absolutely stupid. Water is not even important at all. Don't use it, acquire more goo. Let the water for us.
>>
>>43088318
Looks like something from Sim City 2000. I'd would rather live in the water village from Akira Kurosawa's Dreams.
>>
>>43089179
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryugyong_Hotel

Inside:
http://koryogroup.com/blog/?p=1156
>>
>>43089211
thanks
>>
>>43089211

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryugyong_Hotel

Very impressive.

Tho I don't understand why you would waste effort and resources in building megalomaniac buildings.

Is there a reason for it I am not understanding?
>>
>>43089211
it still looks nice
>>
>>43089248
dick meassurement
>>
>>43089211
All buildings look like this on the inside when they're not finished yet.
>>
>>43088318
Check out the Venus Project
>>
File: s.jpg (146KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
146KB, 800x400px
>>43089248
>>
>>43089320

Imagine yourself having your battle station room in the top of that high tech pyramid. How would it look like? Would you rather have your screens on the surrounding glass, using the same tech as the helmets of the combat fighter pilots, or would you rather have screens? Would you have a floating sit, using anti gravitational technology? Some sort of mind controlled array of drones? A body repairing facility? A nice gym to exercise on a daily basis? Would the pyramidion be a huge antenna to launch signals where you want it in space? Would it also have a huge telescope for you to gaze at distant worlds?

Dream like a kid, kiddo!
>>
>>43089447
I would close the windows and get a big desk, just like I do now
>>
>>43088318
what the fuck is this bullshit you fucking idiots

where is the water coming from? it can't be flowing UP into those and it can't fucking be magicaly coming out of them. Did they bother thinking for a second about what they even drew?

this is fucking RETARDED. it just screams MUH CLEAN ENERGY. MUH WETTER POWER.
>>
>>43089466

Imagine a 40 m3 circular room, on top of a structure like that, with thousands of miles of eyesight, 360 degrees around you. Now imagine that is your desk. How would you distribute the space?

I think I would use the glass as computer screens at will, and maybe even, make the huge desk, covering an arch of the circle from the floor.

The ground would be wood covered, but with a magnetic field underneath, so I could build a chair with reversed polarity, that would float in the air, and move seamlessly around.

Bwahahaha
>>
what is this, a city for hamsters?
>>
>>43089542
>I think I would use the glass as computer screens at will, and maybe even, make the huge desk, covering an arch of the circle from the floor.

My guess is that the desk would be hidden under the floor if it's not used.

>>43089517
Arabs and hydraulics also, fucking magnets.
>>
>>43089542

>The ground would be wood covered, but with a magnetic field underneath, so I could build a chair with reversed polarity, that would float in the air, and move seamlessly around.

Better than Le Corbusier's. Your talent is officially wasted.

Son, what the fuck are you doing in whatever shit hole you live in, and why didn't you got supported by someone that could turn into real all those ideas that float in your head?
>>
>>43089517
>where is the water coming from?
the wheel are pump that work like hamster wheel but instead of hamster theres poorfags
>>
>>43089603
>Le Corbusier
>>
>>43089542
no dude, just close the curtains, get 3 32" monitors surrounding me, and a nice right
all in a pretty big and nice desk, with a nice chair, and nice speakers
and my filco
>>
>>43089641
Looks about right, if that makes you feel comfy to do your stuff.
>>
>>43088318
Sunshine, loilpops and rainbow...
>>
literally just a painted futuristic artpiece
>>
wow, the pics look like they are 50 years old, it is just awesome how societies can be held back
>>
>>43089517
It's a water feature, fuck.
Meant to evoke a rural way of life and rustic agriculture.

Do you even Jouche
>>
>>43088318
I love the fusion of social realism and '50s futurism.
>>
>>43088318
Why would an underdeveloped country of 24 million people with extremely light electricity consumption and lack of both export and import need such a colossal project?
>>
>>43089900
They have always been struggling to meet that extremely light demand, they have outages all the time.
>>
>>43089248
>Tho I don't understand why you would waste effort and resources in building megalomaniac buildings.
>megalomaniac
There's your answer
>>
>>43089248

North Korea created their own Communism spin-off called Juche which centers on self-reliance and "military first". This is why they are so militarized like that, and why they always build things with such grandiose; they want to tell people that Communism allows them to build such things without having to rely on a market ideology, even if that means that the building will be used once a year. It's more of a psychological thing I presume.
>>
>>43092456

Every culture has it's symbols. The west also builds megalomaniac skyscrapers. They even have a competition to know who is able to build the highest one.
>>
File: 1404424840844.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1404424840844.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
The future cities will have to integrate more plant life amongst the people. As more and more people migrate to the inner cities; architects will have to find ways to evenly spread out the people without too much cluster. Which means more elevation of walkways, pathways, rooftop gardens, waterway channels, and abstract artistic designs to inspire creative thinking.

Solar energy will also become the dominant form of energy, every building will have to meet the standards of eco-friendly input & output.

Aquaponic indoor gardens will harness the power of LED lights with AI to assist the plants in near perfect conditions (this has already been accomplished in Japan by a company). The idea is to make every city 100% self sustainable in case the grid goes down to ensure the longevity of a healthy city life. Everyone will become so deeply interconnected with each other that such immense amounts of data will help configure the necessary routes the city should make.

The future is quite exciting, we are in the beginning stages of becoming an interstellar civilization. What we're about to witness in the coming decades will make our current times seem extremely simplistic in comparison to what's coming ahead for humanity.
>>
>>43089603

Actually if you built that chair with reverse polarity, it would get stuck to the ground. You'd rather need to build it with the same polarity as the one underneath.

It's a pretty good idea if you ask me, I don't know why the fuck would you waste it, by sharing it with people who would not have the slightest remorse in stealing it, and branding it as theirs for profit.
>>
>>43092657

Dick competition. Dick insecurity.
>>
>>43092677
/r/futurology
>>
>>43088318
>What's your opinion, /g/?

That literally anyone can draw futuristic looking buildings and items and that North Korea is a third world shithole.

Seriously. 1000 years from now, if left alone, North Korea would still be the same shit it is now.
>>
File: flying_skateboard.jpg (16KB, 400x329px) Image search: [Google]
flying_skateboard.jpg
16KB, 400x329px
>>43092696

Because I have the hopes of inspiring in them the principles of a society such as this one >>43092677 by selflessly sharing "my" ideas with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK0z87WrhGo
>>
File: Sebastian-Opitz.jpg (474KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sebastian-Opitz.jpg
474KB, 1920x1200px
Sometimes I get the feeling sooner or later the American economy is going to collapse financially. And if that happens.... just imagine if Google along with Silicon Valley takes over and endorses Bitcoin as a replacement. Imagine if this happened in a matter of weeks as everyone panics to find a new way. I ponder such a reality everyday.
>>
File: now that's what I call autism.png (155KB, 273x240px) Image search: [Google]
now that's what I call autism.png
155KB, 273x240px
>>43092754
>just imagine if Google along with Silicon Valley takes over and endorses Bitcoin as a replacement.

You're a fucking faggot holy shit.
Take your memecoins back to reddit.
>>
File: Evolution of Man- Octavio Ocampo.jpg (885KB, 1543x600px) Image search: [Google]
Evolution of Man- Octavio Ocampo.jpg
885KB, 1543x600px
You guys need to seriously watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDiUVS_-4_Q
>>
File: asddads.png (10KB, 250x126px) Image search: [Google]
asddads.png
10KB, 250x126px
>>43092754

It could mean the end, or the beginning, for people like me.
>>
>>43092783

Consider such possibilities. If you think the current financial system will last then you are solely mistaken and foolish to assume so. Currently there are no other alternatives as a replacement. More and more businesses are adopting Bitcion by the day.... keep that in mind.
>>
>>43092792

So what? We're going to devolve into balloon animals?
>>
>>43092833
>So what? We're going to devolve into balloon animals?

No. We're evolving into the universe. Becoming one with it.

Do you even smoke weed? Get with the times.
>>
>>43092792
Holy shit Ronald. Holy shit Barack.
You almost made me cry.
>>
>>43088318
Can we have the source on your post OP, where's the rest of your pictures?
>>
File: 1300377019014.jpg (34KB, 411x466px) Image search: [Google]
1300377019014.jpg
34KB, 411x466px
>>43089626
>Wa-Lah!
>>
>>43092932
VoilĂ 
:)

Makes sense pronounced like a saxon.
>>
>>43092866

>2014
>smoking the herbaljew
>>
>>43092931
Nevermind I found the source, disregard faggot op

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/03/travel/north-korea-architecture/index.html
>>
>>43092828

Bitcoin is just another FIAT currency with no authority behind it, thus making it doubly garbage.

If you dont like FIAT currency, you shouldnt like Bitcoin either. Not to mention that everything that came after bitcoin were blatant scams spammed on /g/ so much that moot had to make a board for it. And now even /biz/ doesnt have many threads anymore.
>>
>>43088870
They were able to finish the outside because a cellphone company agreed to do it if they could put cell towers inside of it
>>
>>43093132
It can buy you any Dell computer. Or so say the rumors.
>>
>>43093132

The beauty is that it's decentralized. Even if the government tried to control it it'll be so diverse that they at most could control only a portion of it. What may end up happening from this is 2 competing economies. May the best man win.
>>
>>43093132
>FIAT
No, there's real value behind every Bitcoin: solutions to mathematical (hashing) problems and the hardware and electricity needed to solve them. In fact the value of BTC is very close to the material cost.
>>
daily reminder samsung has many factories in north korea
>>
File: image.jpg (270KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
270KB, 1600x1200px
>>43093132
>another FIAT currency
>>
>>43093766
But isn't that mathematical problem practically useless outside of Bitcoin?
>>
North Korea is living proof that God has a sense of humor.
>>
>>43088318
Well, that suprised me. I wonder who's going to buil.... OH YOU COPIED DUBAI!
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.