[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/owg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 32

File: 1397191668216.jpg (195KB, 850x625px) Image search: [Google]
1397191668216.jpg
195KB, 850x625px
kill trapfaggot and norsefatass edition

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
http://pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
http://pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
http://www.chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
http://www.reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Commisars new pastebin on bulg.
>http://pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM
>>
File: wat.png (272KB, 342x468px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
272KB, 342x468px
>>36009165
>kill trapfaggot and norsefatass edition

best two posters on the board senpai

you're just mad they have less life and therefore more time to devote to gaining internet friendos than you
>>
>>36009165
Why would you post an image and a low quality image at that you fucking pleb
>>
plg>owg
>>
>>36009298
to make autistic faggots like you mad. u mad?
>>
>>36009165

>removing yasha's blog

but y
>>
>>36009421
just copied and pasted the op from the previous thread m8
>>
File: 1442707145419.jpg (129KB, 883x904px) Image search: [Google]
1442707145419.jpg
129KB, 883x904px
>>36009307
:V
>>
>>36009165
help me owg
how do i tell my coach i just wanna do a boatload of drugs so i can be like ilya?
>>
>>36009616
Don't tell him fuck it then when you get caught tell them you swallow your bfs sperm laced with roids
>>
File: 1453004651439.gif (1MB, 311x240px) Image search: [Google]
1453004651439.gif
1MB, 311x240px
>yfw powerlifting
>>
Getting back in the game!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BByCoOgq0ex/
>>
I'm extremely inflexible because I'm from /plg/ lol
Soon I'm going to be starting gymnastics, is this my best bet for mobility?
http://phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html

Is there anything better? Something a little simpler perhaps?

I need good mobility for when I start gymnastics
>>
>>36010746

nice shoes bby
>>
>>36010767
>gymnastics
you'll want a buttplug to loosen your asshole too
>>
>>36010817
Gymnastics is the most prestigious sport, with carry over to real life.

It's fun as fuck
>>
>>36010772
Thanks! I just got that pair this week as part of my sponsorship deal
>>
>>36010910
>gymfagstics
>most prestigious sport
lmfao
>>
>>36010746
>Getting back in the game!

what happened? you just did pl for a while?

what were your bests again in training
>>
Where does one find gyms with PTs that teach olympic lifting? I'm in madrid but seems like its only for professionals or crossfitters
>>
>>36010915
Why u go bby? I saw other day on insta the 85snstch and wondered what happened... Injury or just a break?
>>
Lads, how do I go about filling out a weight class? I weigh between 78-80kg and I'm 6'1. Not been doing wl long so my lifts aren't good but I'd like to keep that snatch at at least bw.

What's best way to do it? What sort of macros shall I aim for? Or just go for the cals+protein approach?

Basically what I'm asking is, is bulking for wl different at all?
>>
>>36010915

How you get sponsored by nike?
>>
>>36011178
no, just bulk, your strength should increase at a good rate relative to bw, unless you bulk way too fast

also
>bulking adivise from a 67kg manlet
just to get that outa the way
>>
>>36010915
what

how do i get a deal

how good do my lifts have to be
>>
>>36011216
srsly whats your plan here

you say youre "bulking" but you went from 65 to 67

are you going to 70-72 and cut for comp....... or will you be 90kg commisarmode
>>
>>36011334
why why would you cut for a comp if you're a beginner, just keep eating good till your bw doesnt go up anymore, then you'll know what weight class you'll be in after a few years
>>
>>36011334
>>36011383
pree much
>>
>>36011293
Better than u will ever b sorry
>>
>>36011514
burn in hell bully
>>
>>36011139
>>36010961
Just some shoulder impingement/rotator cuff issues. Training bests are 121/155 weighing 90-93kg

>>36011200
>>36011293
I'm just sponsored by my gym, not Nike lol. We just implemented sponsorship budgets for the powerlifting, weightlifting, and crossfit teams. Best athletes get more stuff. I'm the team's coach too so I guess it helps to have skills to exchange
>>
>>36012187
Fuck off
>>
>>36012187
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>36011051

if you can afford either then why not
crossfit coaches are often pretty shit but there are ones who know their trade
plus, even with a bad coach you'll probably progress faster than on your own
>>
>>36012187
I'll beat the winning bid by 10% for a video of you consuming the shoes.
>>
I am writing the hardest paper of my life

also when you have push press programmed in your routine, is it as a %age of your max jerk? I had to do 5x5 at 70% and it was hard
>>
>>36012125
>Just some shoulder impingement/rotator cuff issues.

oh, i've got a torn labrum on my shoulders probably gonna do PT if i can afford it or just do stuff on my own and lay off overhead stuff

i was watching this dude
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBp8UfpR_qU/

he stops doing anything overhead for a few months to focus on pl stuff then comes back to wl and still strong as shit. maybe i can maintain strength throughout the rehab
>>
>>36012594
>%age of your max jerk?

that would be impossible if you actually knew how to jerk

you're on catalyst program right? it's based off your pp max
>>
>>36012594
Whats the paper on?
>>
>>36012655
reasons not to suck dick
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE
>>
>>36012609

I've never actually tested my PP max. But fuck, no wonder 5x5 was hard. I was only doing 90kg and I thought I was dying

and yeah my jerk sucks, best ever is 125 because I have to clean it first

>>36012655

I'm trying to estimate the level of Pigou tax required on gasoline (would have done oil but fuck it, too complicated) if you wanted to bring the value of emissions related morbidity and mortality from cardiovascular and respiratory disease equal to the revenues received from the tax

the hard part is that you also have to take into account the elasticity of demand for gas and if you would in effect be reducing total consumption by a factor that requires you to calculate a different tax rate

not to mention that I don't actually know if I'm able to separate out the effects of 2.5micrometer particulate matter from vehicles vs other sources like dust, so I'm just using broad as fuck estimates.

and THEN I have to decide if I want to value the lost utility from not driving and lots of other shit

oh and it's due tuesday

>>36012670

kek I see a dissertation in that
>>
>>36009165
Hello

I want to get into weightlifting eventually, but I need to get a coach etc. I'm doing a strength(+hypertrophy) building routine right now that focuses on the compound lifts and some accessories.

My question is, how much would this strength base help me potentially in weightlifting in the long run? I'm still pretty weak and new to lifting and feel like I should get the basic lifts up to respectable levels. Also, are there any excercises you'd strongly recommend doing to get stronger for weightlifting movements in the long run?

Thanks
>>
>>36012737
>elasticity of demand for gas
wouldn't that be so low that it's near irrelevant? Everyone needs gas, so people will swallow the price difference since people are so reliant on cars? Only thing that would change things imo would be traveling (plane ticket prices).

Also, since we're on the topic, thoughts on UC Davis's Managerial Economics and UCSB's Econ & Accounting?
>>
>>36012810
for the love of god, stretch now.

don't let yourself become immobile. shits fucking miserable.
>>
>>36012910

if you're introducing this as an annual thing, the first year would be normally irrelevant. But last time I talked to someone at the Congressional Budget Office, they said they like to do this in 10 year increments. Given a couple years, I think behavior would change pretty drastically

also, I just calculated around $1.04 as the added tax rate per gallon

people would riot

>>36012910

I don't really know desu. If you're talking about undergrad, I would say Davis is a notch above SB overall, but I think SB has the better reputation for business. The dirty secret though is that if you're an undergrad, as long as you didn't go to Merced or Riverside you're fine
>>
File: IU 73.jpg (40KB, 472x639px) Image search: [Google]
IU 73.jpg
40KB, 472x639px
>>36012929
Well did people riot when gas went up more than that the 10 years after the turn of the century?
>went from average of $1.14 to $2.78
Idk, just seems people were upset but saw it as a sunk cost, in that no matter what they had to pay for gas.

all that being said, rising taxes as a means of limiting DWL seems shortsighted imo but I don't see why it wouldn't work in this example

also
>tfw riverside is backup plan in case I don't get accepted
better than CPP at least.
>>
>>36013017

yeah riverside's kind of shit but at least it's a UC

DWL is actually not the target of a Pigou tax really, it's more about trying to get consumers and producers to directly bear the costs of their externality
>>
>>36010746
Me and you both probably! I just got a cushy union job so I'm gonna be insuring my car and shit again.... My coach is even letting me have February for free.
>>
>>36013229
>cushy union job

this reminded me of a question I had...

how the FUCK do you stay mobile with a normal life?

>siting in an office chair
>waalking around doing shit in a plant
>not having time before /. after work to even lift, let alone stretch

How in the world do you manage to stay moblie? Is it like cardio training, once you're up to par it takes much less to maintain it than it does to get it up to that level?
>>
>>36013460
You make time. I refuse to believe people don't have 30mins during the day

Or you split your mobility work up and work on it during the day

Once it's there its easier to maintain but at a certain age it'll always be a bit of an uphill struggle.

Like it or not you have to accept some people need a lonnnnnng warmup that can really impact training time
>>
>>36013460
It's all about that grind dude. I'm gonna be on 50hours a week with gf and lifting so maybe steroids if all else fails? For that extra pump.
>>
>>36013460

when I was working this summer my schedule was basically 8-6 every day with 30 minutes for lunch. I'd take 15 minutes sometimes in mid afternoon to go to the disabled toilets, take off my suit, and stretch. That usually helped a lot by the time I drove to the gym around 6:05, and I would do mobility for 10 minutes once I got to the gym. Workout usually took an hour and a half to 2 hours, then I'd drive home, make dinner, and funpost
>>
>>36013824
>I'd take 15 minutes sometimes in mid afternoon to go to the disabled toilets, take off my suit, and stretch

lmao, did no one notice the weird fuck moving around the stall for 15 mins
>>
>>36013860

nah bro, it was its own room. I poo'd in such comfort every morning, and the room was huge, so there was plenty of space even to do calf and hip flexor stretches

someone thought I had constipation or something though
>>
end of second week of training

form check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6PqoDHJ2Fs&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>36013955
im looking for problem thats not the forward bar travel
>>
>>36013955
did they teach you to dip like that in corea just bend knees forward no backward hip movement at all, maybe that's why all corea motherfuck got ugly jerk idk

also you don't trip anymore?
>>
>>36013955

>that music
wat r u doin pent
>>
File: trip code.jpg (17KB, 299x204px) Image search: [Google]
trip code.jpg
17KB, 299x204px
>>36014003
>>36014008
just lazy

i still do a lot of things that they told me how to fix. i just need time to consistently train and work on rhythm
>>
>>36014049
again this only my 2nd week of training out of almost two months of no training.
>>
>>36014049
>>36014064
but is the dip supposed to look like that? how do they teach it in corea, what cues did they teach you to initiate the dip
>>
File: jerk.jpg (26KB, 484x313px) Image search: [Google]
jerk.jpg
26KB, 484x313px
>>36014075
straight down and up. keep your chest up.
keep the balance on the heels during the dip, upper body needs to be perpendicular, knees should bend 120 degrees.
>>
>>36014142
but look at the picture you posted, his hips are behind the vertical line, yours stayed above it only your knees moved. the pictured one is how i was taught i was wondering if you were taught something else but it just looks like u just suck :((

move your hips back a little, don't just move your knees forward. watch it closely you don't stay at your heels when you do this they start to lift up before you even finish the drive
>>
>>36014184
youre probably right
>>
>>36014384
didnt you also say this is how they teach you to catch the power clean when i axxed you a few months ago, do they teach the same movement for the squat?
>>
>>36014475
you catch the power stuff with your front part of your legs.
you bend the hips first during the squats.

if you see some lifters going down slowly when receiving its because theyre using their legs to stop it which is not optimal when lifting heavy weights

>>36014184
im looking at the hips behind the line thing and whether thats based on propotions. like i said the upper body should be perpendicular as possible so that the jerk is straight up and down.

now if i purposely keep my hips backward behind vertical lines, wouldnt that make it possible that my elbows + chest drop?

im thinking the hips should go down with the rest of the body not backwards, whatever bending of the hips comes naturally when dipping

but i should keep on heels more
>>
>>36014674
>wouldnt that make it possible that my elbows + chest drop?

do you squat the same way like in your dip? completely vertical and just forward knees?

i used to lift like this and only my quads got big, now with i let my hips and knee come out at the same time, and the hips just move a little back not very much, the torso angle isn't the same and will cause the chest to drop just a little but it's not enough for the bar to go off center and the line is straighter on my dip. i used to have the same line as you where it goes straight then forward at the very bottom of the dip

try it maybe it helps maybe it dont, only way to know instead of just thinking why it wont work try doing it first
>>
File: lift-jerk.jpg (78KB, 720x527px) Image search: [Google]
lift-jerk.jpg
78KB, 720x527px
>>36014142
>>
>>36014873
>feet move flat above ground
>move flat above ground
>active arm press

these translated posters are not gospel

idk why but someone especially you someone who don't lift who comes in posting this like you know something pisses me off
>>
>>36014910
To be fair, it backs pent up on jerk dip upper body shit
>>
File: lift-clean.jpg (123KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
lift-clean.jpg
123KB, 640x462px
>>36014910
my bad dude. i guess i should just leave the one in korean up as the only jerk tutorial. i mean, i guess since someone doesn't have a good enough grasp of the english language, and isn't able to understand what the author meant by "feet move flat above the ground", i shouldn't post. good point man.

here's another one for you champ.
>>
>>36014968
exactly it's just a badly translated poster that backs him up, you can find numerous examples that can back him up of lifter doing maximal attempts, but that doesn't show you how they developed up to that point.

what's important is to understand why you do it this way, watch the klokov video he explains it's because you use more of your legs this way and not just the quads

i'm not saying i'm right either i said try it out and see what happens because i used to have the same exact problems on my jerks which is why i saw it on his video and asked him if he was taught that way

here's a poster of a better lifter than that one btw made by the same people from a slightly different angle

marc huster a world champ and dimas' rival
>>
>>36014969
yeah you should clearly leave it alone when you don't have a basic understanding of it :DD
>>
so everett's beginner programs have back squats once a week, and front squats once a week

is that really enough?

i guess because more focus needs to be on snatch and c&j while technique is learned?
>>
>>36015089
here's one of everett's beginner programs from his site. has squats 4 times a week
>>
>>36015160
>>36015089
when would one consider themselves "ready" for a beginner program?

as it sits i cant really do a complete movement, so its seems like it wouldnt make sense...
>>
>>36015247
why even ask this

when you can actually do the program?

right now you can't snatch properly how are you gonna do the percentages? you're just asking to learn bad habits
>>
>>36015298
ok mr smarty pants, where is this black and white cut off of "being able to do the lifts" so i can start?
>>
File: from_everetts_book.png (388KB, 612x1042px) Image search: [Google]
from_everetts_book.png
388KB, 612x1042px
>>36015309
this is from everetts book
what are you doing now for lifting besides mobility training? i figured you were already in a beginner program and just doing power cleans/power snatches for the time being
>>
>>36015309
you can start right now you're gonna quit and bitch about it a month from now anyways

toodles
>>
>>36015334
kek no way m8.

i've literally just been going in, warming up and starting with 10's, 25's, 35's and then 45's doing high pulls, trying to do muscle snatches, power snatches and trying to do drop snatches and overhead squats.

some times i clean & jerk but not very often as that isn't as hard to do as snatches, and i feel like if I can gain enough mobility for the snatch then I shouldn't have any problem with the clean.

fuck snatches though. they can be fun but jesus its such a bitch to achieve that position.

Basically i've just been learning the second pull and trying to learn the third pull as best as i can, and teaching myself slowly how to drop under in the clean.

as for whats in everettes book, those are some pretty great positions. what if I literally cannot attain those? I'm worried I might just be too big and fucked up to ever achieve those positions ( ._.).

i need to finish reading that book badly, i feel like my questions are answered in there...

>>36015366
suck a dick you hyper negative fagggiiiittt
>>
>>36015383
>>36015334
i should note, i can do # 2 no problem.

#3 is an issue purely (i believe) because # is so difficult for me.
>>
>>36015334
>That 90º squat
wow.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 396x385px
>>36015334
I'm at this crossroad as well.

So far I am doing power cleans and snatches just to fuck around. While at the same time following the cal strength mobility videos (the ones where pendalay is with the topless dude).

I figure in a month I should be a lot more mobile.

My biggest issue is getting under the bar fast enough, hell I don't even try because I can't commit.
>>
>>36015383
i hope the only position you can't achieve is the squat one.

i wouldn't hold off on doing cleans just so you can work on snatches either. you'll always be improving your lift technique either way, so why wait?
>>
>>36015383
>what if I literally cannot attain those?

are you missing a leg?
you literally can't squat with both feet?
do you need a hug and someone to whisper to your ear is ok everything dajobu ganbatte senpai!

>I'm worried
because you think before you do, just keep doing and stop worrying about it. it's only a problem because you keep thinking it is
>>
File: get_under_bar.webm (2MB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
get_under_bar.webm
2MB, 800x480px
>>36015421
doing this exercise with an empty 20kg bar helped my shoulder and wrist flexibility (though its clearly pretty awful right now, and all i have is a broom stick in my apartment). 3 sets of 8/12 at the end of workouts or during a mobility session.

you can also do this with the bar resting in a rack

start with your elbows above the bar, essentially at the top of a pull, and practice spinning your wrists and elbows around the bar
>>
>>36015641
>skeleton giving you advice
>traps giving you advice
>non lifting people giving you advice

ladies and gentlemen welcome to /fit/
>>
File: nofucku.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
nofucku.webm
2MB, 640x640px
america is give down signal
>>
>>36015366
>>36015298
>>36015080
>>36014910
>>36015662
dude, chill the fuck out.
>>
fuck weightlifting

how do i find something so shit so fun when im not lifting
>>
>>36015723
What.
>>
>>36015641
Kek looks like a new dance move
>>
>>36015662
his advice is not bad desu. scarecrow cleans are legit
>>
>>36015707

lel is this polovnikov
>>
>>36015707
Wat
>>
>>36015641
That beard is looking pretty patchy m8, join me this weekend I'm bringing back the wl 'stache
>>
>>36015864
Fucking Google can give you advice doesn't mean he knows shit
>>
>>36015902
Wew, he's not all bad, took lots of time off for injury iirc
>>
>>36015907
lordosis is too bad to lift heavy as weight

>>36015902
i got that exercise from an oly lifting coach
>>
File: 14509564361020.jpg (33KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
14509564361020.jpg
33KB, 604x516px
>>36009165
Do olympic weightlifters do pull ups and barbell rows? Why and when?
>>
>>36016245
yes

when they need back strength
>>
>>36016280
Do I need back strength?
>>
>>36016368
Is your back strength currently limiting your performance?
>>
How to hook grip? Any good clear explanation / training advice? I read a couple of things but they didn't have much (if any) advice on how to do train to be able to do it if you can't reach from the get go
>>
My hips shoot up when I get to around 110+ in clean and clean pulls. I try to limit it.

What do I need to strengthen to keep that sexy back angle all throughout? Should I do reps of clean pulls with a weight it doesn't happen at?
>>
>>36011334

The One True Weight Class is 105 kg
>>
>>36012655

It's on a desk, I would imagine.
>>
>>36012737

Don't forget the affects less gasoline usage would have on heart health with regards to an increase in cardiovascular exercise like riding a bike or walking instead of driving!

If I were you, the entire paper would be "There are too many variables that can't be predicted with any degree of accuracy, all of which influence each other, and this is why we shouldn't be trying to micromanage individual behavior through taxes."

"Rand Paul 2016"
>>
>>36016506
Weak quads? You start to rely on your posterior chain when it gets heavy.
>>
>>36014969

>Foot tips under the bar

"Foot tips" is a weird way to spell "mid foot."
>>
>>36016452
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+hook+grip
>>
Do you guys know any good mobility routine for oly that you can do at home?
>>
>>36016594
>not voting for trump

For real caladan >>36012737 gas is probably reasonably inelastic, and don't forget to mention you'll be potentially increasing productivity too.

This seems like such a waste of effort to be rather candid, my relation. It's got the same issue as the drake equation, and you touched on it briefly. If you make an equation to model the effects of this tax, you have to guesstimate so many terms that the equation loses meaning.
>>
>>36016669
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mobility+for+weightlifting

What the fuck is with the stupid questions ITT?
>>
>>36016741
generation of retards who expect to be spoonfed
>>
>>36016608
yea?
>>
>mfw I fell for the low bar meme and destroyed my left elbow when I tried to keep my upper back tight by keeping hands just outside shoulder width, bar came off my back slightly from coming up fast, 275lbs loaded onto my left elbow, feel nasty grinding and popping noises.

That was five weeks ago and my elbow still isn't right. UFCKafd;ljks
>>
>>36016751
Thanks i quess. What's the point of these generals, when everything you need to know is there on the internet? Videos, tips, tricks, programs, other forums etc.

I already have been searching for 2 days good mobility exercises, but i haven't found a proper "routine" yet, just videos where there are 1-3 exercises and lots of shit talk.

Just thought if somebody here knew a site where all this shit is listed as a routine, so you don't have to search a bit from here and there etc.

Don't make quick assumptions breh
>>
>>36015865
>>36015889

Yeah, he showed up as a guest lifter for a New England meet this weekend. 150/160/170, 210/220x/220x
>>
torokhtiy program any good for a novice?
>>
>>36016607
That probably makes sense, my pulling strength much outweighs my front squat
So, just more front squats? Probably the reason my jerk is a bit iffy too
>>
>>36017469
No, he said it himself.

I think you should do a lot of snatch drops, overhead squats, a lot of classic lifts.
Ones your mobility and bottom position become stable, and you can snatch your bodyweight. start torokhtiy's programm.
>>
hey lads

what are your thoughts on eleiko products? overpriced and not worth it?

I'm looking for high quality wrist wraps, kinda hard to find them in the middle of nowhere in europe
>>
>>36018047
The bars and plates are fantastic. You can feel how good they are as soon as you pick the empty bar up.

Things like wraps? They're just the same as any cheap wrist wraps with the eleiko logo on, at least that's what they look like. You don't need wraps that are that expensive.
>>
>>36018078
the gyms around here have shitty equipment unfortunately but it will take a few years until I can genuinely consider a decent home gym

thanks, I will try to get some cheap wraps somewhere
>>
>>36016608
bar over toes weight on midfoot
>>
>>36017416
170 was no lift
>>
File: 152.5 fs.webm (664KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
152.5 fs.webm
664KB, 1920x1080px
i think i fixed my fs tech

all aboard gainz train
>>
File: 1387884618904.jpg (73KB, 594x388px) Image search: [Google]
1387884618904.jpg
73KB, 594x388px
What's the optimal way to do sprint training in conjunction with weightlifting?

Sprint before lifting? After?
Sprint in morning, lift at night? Vice versa?
Sprint on off days before an ez day?

>halp_pls.jpg
>>
>>36019624
Before preferably before the AM session
>>
>>36019624
Current plan is to do everything in the AM, and cycle when I lift before sprinting, and after. Like Mon/wed/fri I lift first, and tues/thurs I lift after.

I just worry the tues/thurs sprints will fatigue me for the next days lifts?
>>
>>36019657
ok thank you that's exactly what I wanted to hear honestly.

How much will it fuck up my lifts (once I'm conditioned)? Iimagine initially it will fuck them up big time, but once I'm conditioned will it?
>>
>>36019691
my but and hams would get pretty sore when i did sprints
>>
>>36019691
It shouldn't affect it too much, it'll probably increase performance actually.
>>
>>36019721
Ok sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, thanks guys
>>
>>36019394
That siglet is good. Old wrestling one?

You have strong quads commie, relative to your pull 150+ fs and 185 dead yeah?

I have 200dead 130fs (and it was a grind) you think if I bring my fs up it'll help stop hips rising fast in first pull?
>>
>>36009165
i need formcheck owg pls

115kg fail :
https://youtu.be/mc_lw4aXKkQ

105kg good lift (shit jerk):
https://youtu.be/-bwA14RRPXk

>>36019394
i love you commie, you the best trip in this
god-forsaken thread

ot: pr songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=284OVDw5HIk
>>
>>36019834
fuck the 115 kg one is the wrong vid, this is the good one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIooa2bomBc&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: 190 dead.webm (847KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
190 dead.webm
847KB, 1920x1080px
>>36019794
I just went to the sports store and bought a singlet. I did 190 dead

After my next comp i'll be doing lots of pulls. My pulling technique is poop.

I always dip forward on jerk so maybe that also means that i have strong quads compared to posterior chain
>>36019834
>i love you commie, you the best trip in this
god-forsaken thread
:>
wow i never thought that i'd hear that
>>
>>36019794
i missed the question part. Probably it will but you'll also have to do technique work to fix that. And your fs probably needs work too
>>36019834
That looked okay to me. You need to make sure to extend on to your toes on the jerk in my opinion. Maybe start with higher hips in clean but that's up to you
>>
>>36019927
wow i always tought starting with lower hips was good and i'm actually forcing myself to pull that way.
i'm actually much much strunger with higher hips, i can probably deadlift 40/50kg more that way. will try next time
>>
I don't know if it's kosher to ask for SS powerclean form checks here

would appreciate input

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miPucfvEZoc
>>
>>36019963
Well it's hard to say which is right. Different coaches/countries teach it differently.
>>
>>36019963
He doesn't mean with hips deadlifty high, just a bit higher. Everyone can pull more with a deadlift pull vs clean pull
>>
>>36019983
y does everyone upload slow mo vids. Youtube lets us slow it down now.

You're swinging the bar around your knees. solid extension

little bit of a tip also: 5 rep powercleans are poop. like really bad. Do like 6x3 or something.
>>
>>36020043
I forgot to say. You're kicking the bar out also
>>
"Ivan Abadjiev is a school. It is simple - toil, discipline and persistence. That was a work model and a lifestyle"

-Niam Suleymanoglu

from the white prisoner
>>
>>36020043
>>36020085
>You're swinging the bar around your knees
>You're kicking the bar out also
could you explain what you mean by these?

sorry if it's obvious, I obviously don't know anything about weightlifting
>>
>>36020133
When you first break from the floor your bar path deviates forward instead of going straight up. and after extension you need to keep the bar closer
>>
>>36020179
Alright, I'll work on those

Thank you
>>
>>36016594

yeah I'm gonna simplify a bit more and just have a really fucking big "Limitations" section
the whole thing is a thought exercise anyway on how you approach Pigou taxes in a practical setting, the fact that there are so many problems is actually a good thing from an educational perspective

>>36016725

yep I found that gas is inelastic enough that you need a 25% change in price for people to even drive a single mile less. But as I said above, I'm simply talking about how you would model it rather than coming up with estimates. Maybe if I end up working for the CBO it'll be a different story
>>
>>36020117

"My knees hurt, coach"
-Hysen Pulaku

"I don't care"
-Ivan Abadjiev
>>
>>36020179
what country do you live in commisar
>>
>>36020254

"My knees hurt, coach"
-Hysen Pulaku

"Is no problem"
-Ivan Abadjiev

big difference here cal. one is much more meme worthy.
>>
>>36020271
DPRK
>>
>>36020275

but my version fits better with my image of abadjiev...

>>36020271

Somalia
>>
>>36017288
Jesus Christ if you have been failing this hard to find mobility exercises and also refuse to read both the fucking sticky and also the OP post of this thread then you are beyond help. Consider suicide.
>>
>>36009165
>http://pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

so, if i understand it correctly, while on the bulgarian method i should do a max effort lift(which i think is something between 90 and 100% of my max, depending on the day)alternated with a light power/full day when i work on tech? so for example if i can train 6 times a week i can do something like this:

day A
snatch up to max

clean and jerk up to max

front squat up to training max + 2/3 singles at 90% of it

maybe alternate front and back during the week?

day B light technique:

power snatch up to 80/85% and 4/5 singles with max weight i want to do that day

power clean and jerk up to 80/85% same as the snatch

assistance (abs and back extensions)

did i get it correctly? for an intermediate lifter like me the refinement Abadjiev makes in his 12 week cycle are unnecessary probably, also considering i cant train more than once a day
>>
>>36020991
No, two sessions per day. If you dont have time for the AM session just cut it, get rid of it.

Afternoon session:
snatch up to max

clean and jerk up to max

front squat up to training max + 2/3 singles at 90% of it

alternate front and back during the week ye

Morning sesh:

power snatch up to 80/85% and 4/5 singles with max weight i want to do that day<-Maybe a little too many, it depends on how you feel.

power clean and jerk up to 80/85% same as the snatch

assistance (abs and back extensions)

And then once or twice a week take a light session and just lift up to 80% in each lift only one session in the day. If doing this is too much work you can do only one of the classics and a squat while alternating day to day

I'm doing a program very similar to that for the next two weeks. Then i'm back to alternating one of the classics and a squat until i hit 120/150

And then every 3rd or 4th week take a deload sort of thing. Or not. It's up to you. Good time to work on technique.

There's also a key element that i havent written down or implemented. Abadjiev alternated the order in which he did the lifts in a specific way, like when they'd squat first or cj first or snatch first. I'll have to go looking around for this info though.
>>
>>36021128
>>36020991
same guy.
i can still do the assistance in the evening right?
btw, wont i just burn out if i max out on squat every day? even singles at 90% looks really taxing on paper. maybe i should do it only 3/4 times a week?
sorry for the ignorance but the only time i've squatted more than 3xwek was when i tried a rpe based full body 5 times a week but i was only doing 1 set of 3/4 reps to an rpe 9 5xweek.
last question commie, am i allowed to try 2 or 3 times a weight if i think i can make it? (for the classics)
>>
>>36021363
You can so assistance in the evening. I limit myself to three attempts at a weight.

You wont burn out but at first it'll probably be taxing. You'll adapt

Just remember, strength ia built most efficiently at wieghts above 90% especially at 94% and over.
>>
>>36021534
and i pretty much never go over 90% in my training.
my coach always put me on classics russian block cycles with tons and tons and tons of doubles and triple and i hate it lol.
he does use bulgarian type of training for some other guys so i may ask him to try it out for me.

thanks commie
>>
what do you guys eat on a typical day? especially if you train twice a day
>>
>>36021613
Your coach is gonna say no sorry to say
>>
>>36021667
Just lots of whatever i can get my hands on.
>>
>>36021670
why you say that?
>>
>>36021667

bread and cheese in the morning with coffee
whatever for lunch, something like eggs and tortillas or potatoes, maybe some sausage
massive dinner (last week was an xl bowl of pho and 2 banh mi)

I only train once a day though, because uni
>>
Since im moving to a gym without a squatrack, i'll be changing from powerlifting to weightlifting. Good thing i have enough mobility to backsquat atg with an upright back. Bad thing is i probably cant clean over 100kgs (by clean i mean muscling the weight up like a dumb powerlifter). How do i go on about learning the clean? I can already overhead squat over 170kgs so thats not a problem.
>>
>>36022356
thats the stupidest thing ive read in a good while
>>
>>36022356
Gee I dunno, maybe that's covered in the OP post
>>
>>36021982
Some skinny guy at my uni does oly lifting with snatches at like 40kg.
I think he's better off just building some mass by doing squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, and rows and shit.
Should I tell him?
>>
>>36022764
No. You're not a coach are you? Maybe he likes snatching. Let him get on with it.

If he wants to snatch, he's better off snatching 40kg than not snatching yknow.
>>
so how come my squat hasnt increased in 2 months

its still stuck at 135kg goddamnit, ive tried everything, squatting 3 times, texas method, high volume, high intensity

only thing I havent tried is squatting everyday, will that help?
>>
>>36022764

but if he wants to do weightlifting shouldn't the thing to tell him be to keep snatching and cleaning, then add heavy hypertrophy work after?
>>
>>36022805
try eating and/or sleeping more
>>
>>36022805
squat and eat a shitton of food, i works. also you tried a miriad of shit in 2 months, just stick with something and do it, it's gonna work
>>
>>36022800
I asked Caladan, not you.
I also didn't say he had to stop snatching.
>>
>>36022826
He can only do the oly lifts once a week due to limited equipment availability.
>>
>>36022855
YOU KNOW AN AWFUL LOT ABOUT THIS PERSON YOU JUST HAPPEN TO SEE AT THE GYM

MAYBE ITS U AND UR WEAK AS FUCK LMAO
>>
>>36022881
kek

I don't even do oly.
>>
>>36022855

oh in that respect it's pretty pointless to keep doing WL. Can he access other equipment the rest of the time?

I mean if this was me, I'd probably do snatches once a week really light so that I didn't completely forget, and spend the rest of the time doing plyo, strength/hypertrophy work, and dynamic stuff like push press or clean pulls. Then I'd try to find a gym where I could snatch err day
>>
File: jerk.webm (1MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
jerk.webm
1MB, 640x640px
>>36022890
then shut the fuck up before i fuck your ass

leave the guy alone you bitch
>>
>>36022916
Okay, thanks for your reply.

>>36022923
heh
>>
>>36022834
Lol yeah cos caladan has a trip he knows everything right?
Don't give a fuck who you asked what you said was dumb lad
>>
>>36022805
You're changing shit up too often.
>>
>>36022805
you've done all that in three months?
you should have done one for three months
>>
>>36022805
If you tried all that in 2months you didn't give it time to work

What's you're bw? You're probably an intermediate squatter and won't see progress day to day anymore. Stick with tm for the whole 2 months and if you do it properly you will add weight to your squat
>>
Attempted 90% snatch for a double twice tonight and missed the second rep both times. Frustrating lads. Would've been a PR double too.

What would you say you should be able to do for say a triple and a double? 85% for 3, 90% for 2?
>>
>>36023502
100% they dont wat you to win
>>
>>36023502

not really sure, I hit 95% for a snatch double once and it just made me realize that my form breaks down hard on max attempts.
>>
>>36023532
this

if you can do it for one rep you can do it for two
>>
File: exercise.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
exercise.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>
File: 135 dirty and jerk att.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
135 dirty and jerk att.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
This was after my fs yesterday
>>
>>36023633
was he angry at her? he didn't look happy
>>
>>36023633
oh damn, that's a big fuckup.
that bar is pretty much useless now, isn't it?
>>
>>36023453
>What's you're bw?
>>
>>36022805
Have u gained any weight?
>>
>>36023502
Yeah really snatches aren't all that taxing. You should be able to do 100% for 2.... Like lapikov snatching 210 for a double
>>
>>36023836
It's probably low test if you're 86. Or you're not squatting heavy enough.
>>
>>36022826
i find that if i max out on the classics if i try to add some heavy back squats in the end they feel like shit and usually squat less than if i was to squat first
>>
>>36024076
>>36023565
>>36023532
Thanks for the replies lads

I get what ur saying and I never feel too taxed after snatches unless it's 3-4 reps for many sets

However I get sorta nervous sometimes and fuck it up. Like today, i only got the single when my max is 7.5kg heavier and I did 2.5kg less for a triple last week, but I got nervous cos it was a PR double.

I know that sounds dumb but I'm guessing this just goes with time? Been doing wl for 7months or so and only really been taking progression seriously for the past 4months
>>
>>36024177

well yeah I mean that's obvious
I'm kind of taxed after snatches, i don't buy that they're just fluff

>>36024508

mental barriers are the biggest issue to most people when it comes to big weights, esp in the snatch
>>
You guys putting your name in to be the next CEO of usa weightlifting?
>>
>>36024664
yeah
>>
>>36009271
bump
>>
>>36012349
>>36012187
I'll raise to 15
>>
>>36024986

why are you bumping this post
>>
When do you finally feel like you've learned this lifts?

I still can't clean smoothly, I feel like I have miniature pauses both physically and in my mind.

I just can't get it to be all smooth and explosive.
>>
File: 5610307423_9f294915e5.jpg (42KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
5610307423_9f294915e5.jpg
42KB, 460x300px
>>36009165
any bros here strain their calf/soleus muscles before? pic related

I was squatting pretty deep a couple weeks ago and dive bombed into it and I felt it over extend. I'm guessing I didn't have the mobility to get that low, that fast, and that heavy.

Anyways, I made it worse by squatting on it 3x a week and basketball last Friday.

I plan to not squat for the next two weeks. It doesn't really hurt, but feels kinda funny and tight.
>>
>>36025439
my calves always hurt
>>
>>36025439

I just stopped divebombing and it went away. My calves were also kind of tight

incidentally, I've found that the reason for my repeated plantar fasciitis is overly tight calves. Food for thought
>>
>>36025412
Yesterday I did the first clean that I thought was good, been doing wl for about a year

Most jerks are okay, still plenty of room to improve

Still quite unhappy with my snatch

Every now and then I'll be chatting to /plg/ at my gym and they'll tell me that my form is looking real nice, but all I see is my issues
>>
>>36025687
interesting...so just give em a good stretch? i was dreading not squating for 2 weeks tbqh
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCSR2fARVEo

110kg push press triple from a while ago right before i went on this break.

tfw no excuse not to lift because gas is 57.4 right now....
>>
>>36026075
funny you posted that, i hit a pb triple on pp today too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX_d4QjlxOE
>>
>>36026329
How much do you pay for that tiny ass cf room?
>>
>>36026375
15 dollarydoos a month
student discount
>>
File: 1455225785300.jpg (41KB, 248x250px) Image search: [Google]
1455225785300.jpg
41KB, 248x250px
>>36026393
i am so jealous

all the barbell clubs in my area charge 200+ a month, fucking silicon valley techfags make everything overpriced
>>
>>36026404
that was a typo, it's actually 25 a month. still very cheap but yeah
sucks dude, at least you live in california though, i've heard it's pretty nice there
>>
>>36026428
Where is your gym lad?

There is one for $60 a month, but its in the down town and nearly 2hrs to reach in traffic, 30 with no traffic.

btw if any bay area bros are in this thread, your recommendations for a gym with bumpers/platform is much needed
>>
>>36026509

bay area lief

and theres a gym that i cant remember the fucking name of that has open days on sunday at like 11am

cant remember the name for the life of me, i was only there when i was visiting my folks for christmas
>>
>>36026509
good old syrupsucker land

dude i just remembered, isn't catalyst athletics in the bay area? fucking go there man, that's like one of the best gyms in america
>>
>>36026543
I checked it out, ironically literally across the street from my work I could just walk there.

Unfortunately, they pander to wealthy SFbay techies, and if you're not one of those you can only train there in a class setting.

I prefer more of an open gym type setting where I can go in and do my program.

Though, I would like to take the class with some of the coaches there, just because they are world renowned.
>>
>>36026574
just go over
"i wana go to de olympics plz halp"
theyll let u in im sure of it
>>
>>36026597
No they won't. I'm not him but I called and they only do classes or one on one and both are expensive as fuck. You can train free if you tryout to be part of the team
>>
>>36026618
>free
>if you tryout for team
damn thatd be so dope, i would love to train there, or be on any half decent/organized team
>>
>>36026618
ya im sure they would take u if you showed a lot of potential...
>>
>>36026618
do you know what the requirements are to try out?
>>
>>36026574
You can try calstrength but it sucks down you only get programming and no coaching not that the coach knows how to coach anyway lol

$90 a month if you stay for a year or $125 monthly I think
>>
>>36026661
wtf why is my gym 150
>>
>>36026678
Canada sucks diqq
>>
>>36026678
cuckd hard
>>36026692
2true t.bh
>>
>>36026661
honestly 90 bucks is pretty reasonable in this area for a place with good equipment/plenty of platforms
>>
>>36026678
dam durkz u payin them to fuck ur gf while u watch to? lmao
fuckn cucks these days smfh
>>
Does it matter what kind of shoes I wear for broom work?
>>
>>36026789
>>36026714
>>36026692
But also my gross hourly pay is 34.5/hr as a first year electrician.
>>
>>36019624
can someone please answer this with concrete evidence? Or maybe a chime in from pendlay or rippletits
>>
>>36026809
crocs
>>
>>36026920
how bout you research it yourself jackass

this is olympic weightlifting general, not sprinting general
>>
>>36026920
I don't have concrete evidence, but I would go on your off day since your lift session will be adequate HIIT.

Its going to suck the first couple weeks, and you might miss some reps on your leg stuff, but your body will adapt.

Wouldn't recommend over 15min of tabata.
>>
>tfw $40 a month and even then half the gym doesn't pay anyway
>>
File: vomit.jpg (32KB, 249x237px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
32KB, 249x237px
>Diana fu
>>
why do normies insist i join their stupid gym family
>>
File: IMG_0170.webm (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0170.webm
3MB, 1080x1920px
Hang Snatch above/below knee for 2 reps at 70kg
R8
>>
>>36027345

m8///

>>36027286

Because ur cool dood
>>
>>36027345
wew ur so slow and unathletic
>>
Trying to learn power jerks
Clean also needs work

r8 pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGC1EqoZ8Lc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHlQxeAViRI
>>
>>36027552
did you pay 1million dollars to get adistars
>>
>>36027597
No, they're hand-me-downs from the guy who got me into WL
>>
>>36027609
you can sell them for a million you know?
>>
>>36027345
You need to be over the bar more
>>
File: Capture.jpg (65KB, 1030x250px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
65KB, 1030x250px
>>36015051
http://firstpull.net/2015/07/01/why-do-we-miss-jerks-programming-pelvic-alignment-and-other-important-technicalities-of-the-jerk/
>>
>>36027963
what's your point exactly?
>>
File: Capture1.jpg (53KB, 661x228px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.jpg
53KB, 661x228px
>>36027997
>>
>>36027378
ok
>>36027392
tru
>>36027648
ive been told i stay too far over the bar sometimes
>>
I competed.

123 sn: https://www.instagram.com/p/BBz_suwrgDn/
148 cj: https://www.instagram.com/p/BB0ABHIrgEi/
138 cj (listen for the reaction lol): https://www.instagram.com/p/BBz-tBBLgBh/
>>
>>36027609
Well fuck
>>36027552
It doesn't look awful, nice and upright, you don't have to catch perfectly upright tho, watch how David bedzhanyan catches with thoracic extension, or tian & lu. You get a nice extension, but you could drive yourself under the bar a bit harder.
>>
File: Untitled.png (78KB, 936x509px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
78KB, 936x509px
>>36028082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZcrF_DBf1o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1glInnOs7s

do you realize why i told him to let the hips shift back slightly?

there is no ONE CORRECT WAY to teach the lifts if you haven't noticed it yet
>>
>>36028245
Fucking nice lifts lad, how did u place?

Also mirin shoes
>>
>>36028245
how old and tall?
>>
>>36028245
Fuuuck

Didn't know clarence had a little brotha
>>
>>36028245
how long u been lift
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDTAkV23A4E

Squat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUZ-VZGx5og

Snatch dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww9eRJ5ivcs

Snatch
>>
>>36028941
looks like by the time you get to your hips in the snatch your elbows are bent
which makes me think you are using your arms

can you go down to bottom position?

from that angle its hard to pick out problems
can you film it from the side next time?
>>
am I hopeless if I dont have a coach and probally wont have one ever

I read that some guys who were self taught did well but I wonder how much time they spent learning
>>
>>36030015
do you want to compete?
>>
>>36030042
yes
>>
>>36030048
look

i don't want to shit on your parade but without a coach its going to be a hell of a lot harder, and the guys who don't have coaches still probably learned under one they just stopped once they became good enough that coaches only point out problems they are already aware of

is there nothing online that you can send your videos to and have them critique them? not /fit/
>>
>>36030048
:(
>>
>>36028941
Squat looks good, same with sn dead, although why you would do sn dead over sn pull is beyond me

Power sn is a bit odd, kinda hard to see from so low on the floor, start position looks just like your sn dead, probably why you are pulling weird. You should focus on hitting the correct positions, not speed at the start of your pull, speed comes towards the end of second pull.

You extend pretty well and quite fully, although you do so too early, and in fact you extend much more violently than you need to, pic related shows moment of extension, and you are right up off the platform. You don't need to jump like this, merely triple extend and pull yourself under. Ballistically leaping up with the barbell is unnecessary and doing this isn't helping. Arms should be pulling weight straight up, but you are very loopy. This is because you don't stay over the bar long enough but rush to extend, sending the bar out in front of you.

Oh squat looks like you are limited by your hip mobility. Probably upper body too.

Summary:
>mobility
>positions
>>
>>36030015
You can do this as a hobby just fine.

One person told his story said it took about a year to learn what the lifts were supposed to look like and to get form pretty good. Then several years after that he's pretty good.

A coach is going to help a hell of a lot, but you can manage without one.
>>
>>36028245
amazing

but since its /fit/ i have to make fun of you for your spergy celebrations and /v/tier haircut...other than that great job lad!
>>
Fuck me /owg/, I've never seen my abs properly before. I've been cutting very successfully now and want to keep cutting, but I'm feeling weak as fuck in the gym.

Coach says "eat more you fag" and I know he's right, but I just want to see my abs at least once :(
>>
>>36030065
>>36030070
>>36030080
>tfw reality hits you hard
>>
>>36030135
you can't do any form of internet coaching?
>>
>>36028435
Lol first but I don't think any of the real heavy hitters in MA showed up. I was concerned about doing well personally, didn't realize I had won until my meet told me

>>36028501
25/172cm

>>36028521
I got called azn Harry Potter sometimes.

>>36028525
Just finished year 3. My excuse is that I'm weak and have never had real coaching lol but I have fun training anyway even if it's something like 20-25+ hrs/week

>>36030096
Thanks! You're not wrong. I look dorky celebrating but I wasn't expecting to go this high at all.
>>
>>36030395
**meet handler, not meet
>>
>>36028398
In the jerk or the clean?
>>
Ok gods of OLYmpus, i need your knowledge again. When you say that you should get a coach, do you mean that you should always lift witch a coach, or just when you're beginning?

Do you have some kind of a sponsorship or do you pay your ass off?
>>
>>36031666
If you can have someone knowledgeable watch you every time you lift you'll do fat better

This isn't possible for everyone. For example I see a coach once a week in a group session. Not great. But still better than nothing especially at first when you have no idea what you're doing.

Been lifting about 7months now, and I know I could be where I am in about half that if I had a coach every session. But I at least have a grasp of what I'm doing now so I can autocorrect somewhat
>>
somebody assaulyed me and my knee is a bit fucked
plannef to train today
i just did a squat to see what itd do
i got like a qusrter way down and it hurt like fuck
wat do

my head hurts like fuck too
>>
Currently trying to get into weightlifting. I'm doing snatch push presses, overhead squats and second pull training for the snatch. Anything like those exercises for the clean? My front rack position is garbage and I'm afraid to clean
>>
>>36032334
literally the exact same shit but clean variants you idiot
>>
>>36032334
if youll get a coach maybe ditch the 2nd pull thing and do frontsquats
>>
>>36032417
>>36032428
Yeah...I squat and FS like I would normally. How come you guys are such assholes everytime someone comes here and asks something?
>>
>>36032442
Because it's simple
fix mobility
get the bar inbthe rigyt position, find somethin comfortable
git good at front squsts, do power cleans + front squats if you have probs with full cleans.

do shit u'll figure it iut
>>
>>36032442
Wahhhhhhhh ;(((

Fukken weak fuck
>>
File: 877733.jpg (50KB, 363x367px) Image search: [Google]
877733.jpg
50KB, 363x367px
>>36032501
>>36032803
Why even answer in the first place, if all that comes out of you is pure anguish and daddy issues`

Fix your mental game brehs.
>>
>>36032803
desu i probably squat and dl more than you twink shit
>>
>>36033032
You squat 250? Because I do you crybaby bitch
>>
>>36029495
>>36030071
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cb4URQrOXx0
Thanks guiseee, I'll fix what is needed. What would you recommend for mobility.
>>
>>36030135
So what if you're not going to the Olympics? Do you not enjoy it? Almost everyone who does Weightlifting will never have a shot at the gold medal but they still do it, if you only do something because you think you're going to be the best in the world at it then you'll never be happy.
>>
>>36030794
Jerk
>>
>>36032137
Guys I got stabbed and then shot three times in the chest, is it okay to skip training today?
>>
>>36032442
Because we took the time to write a lovely OP post covering, among other things, exactly what you asked, and you just ignored it to shit up the thread. I saw your first post and just ignored it.
>>
>>36032913
>>36033032
Look out guys, internet tough guy coming through.

Try fucking reading the OP post first, then maybe if your stop acting like you're retarded anon won't call you a retard.
>>
>>36033084
You trained enough to squat 250 yet can't answer your own dumb questions with the aid of Google?

Bullshit. 250lbs maybe lol
>>
>>36033781
Bro ur dumb as fuck I wasn't the one asking the question

Ducking weak fuck retarded as well
>>
>>36033781
>>36033952
Why must we respond to bait this obvious?
>>
>>36033096
Reading the op
>>
File: tibiiwhite.jpg (500KB, 1158x782px) Image search: [Google]
tibiiwhite.jpg
500KB, 1158x782px
Just ordered a pair of pic related.

u mirin?
>>
>>36033349
Life must be hard for you..
>>
>>36019394
nice front squat commisar. miring
>>
>>36034121

Excellent shoes.
>>
How do you guys switch from the hook to regular grip during the clean before the bar reaches the shoulders?

I can't for the life of me get to the racking position with a hook grip and I end up racking the bar in my hands, switching to regular grip, and only then racking on my shoulders.
This is obviously stupid.

So how do you do it?
>>
>>36034121

I have visited the place where they manufacture those. They are pretty awesome.
>>
>>36034507
Can you front squat with a full grip, if not work on mobility use straps when front squat

Hook would release by itself if you have the mobility I maintain mine cause I'm not a bitch
>>
>>36034507
idk. it just happens.... I don't think many people have to think about it....
>>
>>36034507
If you're driving your elbows up hard enough like you're supposed to, your thumbs will automatically be pulled out from your fingers.
>>
>>36034777
>>36034834

Yes, I can get the rack position properly, just not with the hook grip.
>>
>>36035029
You don't need hook in the front rack...
>>
>>36035042

Read >>36034507
>>
>>36035077
Don't try to rack it with hookgrip
Just concentrate on getting the bar to front rack, forget about your hands, if they stay in a full fist great, if its just two fingers, fine

You're over thinking this I think
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.