[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Form check thread: https://youtu.be/ZTP4HY6EoHY I know i s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: supermong.jpg (51KB, 641x480px) Image search: [Google]
supermong.jpg
51KB, 641x480px
Form check thread:

https://youtu.be/ZTP4HY6EoHY

I know i should keep my head in line with my body, but is my back fine?
>>
>>35985010
Looks like you aren't fully extended before starting the pull. Also looks like the bar isn't in constant contact with your legs/body

take a better fucking video
>>
I thought the image was going to be part of your deadlift video, disappointed at the lack of snap action
>>
>>35985030
the weights are not standard weights, they are retarded pieces of metal i've cut with a blowtorch a while back to make a bar more stable so it can hold a grape vine on my house.

>>35985046
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vHdKC_Qcgc

Here anon, sadly that fucker doesn't die.
>>
Squeeze your glutes to thrust forward your hips towards the end. It is more power and I don't think you're doing it enough
>>
>>35985030
he extends his back just fine, the problem is losing that extension. i'd say that's mostly improper bracing
>>
>>35985030
I will try to keep the bar closer to me and film better. Thanks.

>>35985060
I don't think i'm doing it at all. Thanks.

All in all is it fine? I'll upload a barbell row now.
>>
>>35985053
but why does the mong where the belt around his rib cage? is it to support is b cups?
>>
>>35985069
So i should work on what? Trying to keep my back extended?
I only lift in my dungeon, so no one helps me.

Here is a barbell row with 173lbs. Am i lifting it with my back or am i helping it with the movement of my body? I think the movement is just me shifting my center of gravity. Please analyze.
https://youtu.be/N_25ckm4KuQ
>>
>>35985145
yes you should try to keep your back more extended during the lift. you set up fine but when you actually start pulling you lose some extension on the last reps

your rows seem fine to me
>>
>>35985164
Thank you, kind anon, for helping me. I will try to do that and will report weekly with my progress.
>>
>>35985030
>Also looks like the bar isn't in constant contact with your legs/body
You shouldn't be doing this. They should be touching your shins at most, and not even that if you are starting correctly.
>>
File: elsa skwat.png (1MB, 1426x1800px) Image search: [Google]
elsa skwat.png
1MB, 1426x1800px
Requesting form check on my bitch weight 205lbs diddly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npS1KcUmKgg&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>35985276
Your head should be in the same line as your spine, not pulled back, same mistake as OP, but back is extended. Keep up the good work.
>>
Looks like you kind of jerk upward when you start. Find your correct starting position and get some more tension in your body before you start the motion. Also your neck/cervical spine looks painful, there's really no need to look forward all the time.
>>
>>35985301
My neck is not painful at all, it looks weird but i always forget to straighten it. Now that you pointed it out it does seem like i jerk it, i just try to lift fast.
>>
>>35985274
bullshit
>>
>>35985329
On heavier weights it might become a problem, so it's a good idea to get rid of a bad habit early on.
>>
File: 1454482373325.png (150KB, 929x1157px) Image search: [Google]
1454482373325.png
150KB, 929x1157px
>>35985329

Otherwise looks pretty good. I find for me, when I put my head up too high, it kind of causes me to over emphasize lifting with my lower back / spinal extension. Also, it looks cooler to mirin' bitches in the gym.
>>
>>35985363
The bitches mirin' in my gym are only the dead bugs i kill with bugspray. As you can see, it's a lonely sex-dungeon.
>>
>>35985276
Could you possibly fit the pajeet stereotype more?
>>
>>35985274

It should be as close to you as possible to make the lift as efficient as possible but if it has a lot of contact it will slow the bar down.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT1oEfB24rQ

squat check?

275lb @ 5'7 210lb
>>
>>35986200
buttwink
>>
Both of you extend knees too early
>>
>>35986200
stop shifting weight back and forth
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 750x890px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 750x890px
Does anyone want to bang mongs sis??
>>
>>35985053
just got back from gym to see you delivered my snap action, thanks anon
>>
>>35986313
i know this girl she lives in West Auckland, i think
>>
>>35986313
she either pregnant or got dat gh gut
>>
>>35985876
B-but anon I'm not middle eastern
>>
My squat thrust is apparently uneven, my gym bro says it looks like one my hips go crooked and one of my ass cheeks rises faster than the other during hip drive, this apparently only happens on the work set after I start to get tired but I can't feel it happening, what do?
>>
File: yummy.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
yummy.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>35986313
mebbe
>>
File: 3plates.webm (3MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
3plates.webm
3MB, 720x1280px
So this was today's go at 3 plates.

I was going to do just 3 reps but as stupid as it sounds I remember yesterday's Ronnie thread and went for an extra one; and since that ended up being half squat I did the 5th.
>>
File: rowing.webm (3MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
rowing.webm
3MB, 720x1280px
This was a couple of days ago, I'm fighting to keep my back straight but I'm not winning that one.
>>
>>35989392
use less weight and less body momentum
>>
>>35989392
lower weight mang
>>
>>35989392
try straightening ur neck and moving ur shoulders down and back

also it might be because ur using too much weight
>>
>>35989402
>>35989404
>>35989411

Thanks, I'm going to lower the weight and try again.
>>
>>35985010
> all these people lifting as heavy/heavier than me with shit physiques

glad I quit doing this meme-shit a few years back. 20 pounds heavier and leaner since I stopped taking this retarded boards advice
>>
>>35989427
I'm glad your boyfriend approves of your newfound aesthetics. Not an insult either. I know /fit/ is full of fags.
>>
File: sisters.jpg (63KB, 718x960px) Image search: [Google]
sisters.jpg
63KB, 718x960px
>>35986313
breh checks mongs over half sis
>>
File: dayuuum.jpg (32KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
dayuuum.jpg
32KB, 480x640px
>>35986313
>>
>>35989392
Rows are about form more than anything else. It's very easy to cheat on them. Decrease the weight 10 pounds and see if it you can lift that without using your hips. Also straighten your back so that's it's nearly parallel with the ground
>>
>>35989445
life is all about balance anon. you can't expect to keep powerlifting your entire life, sure, develop the central nervous system while you are young but don't be so delusional to think you will be able to keep this up forever. Eventually you will get burned out with lifting or injure yourself and have to reevaluate your goals
>>
>>35985276
you want the bar to stay as close to your body as possible, because obviously the further out you hold it the more difficult it is to hold. So you'll want to drag the bar up your leg keeping contact the entire time, it's a bit awkward over the knees but you eventually get into a rhythm.
And keep your noggin in a neutral position
>>
>>35986200
you got tight hams broseph
>>
>>35986200
it looks like you're sitting back a lot... are you low bar squatting?
>>
Please, check my squat form

This is 1.5pl8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ-_GfeFkzg

This is my current max, 90 and some change
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERzzCD37Wm0
>>
>>35991644
Considering your back looks to be on the weak side, your form is pretty good and your head position and stance width looks good.

Consider doing some back extensions or good mornings for a while as a support excercise and reassess your form every couple of weeks and see if you get stronger in that sticking point.

Kudos on not throwing your head back at the sticking point, that takes discipine; you've got good potential and i don't see why you couldn't hit 120 in 2-3 months if you work on your back issue.

Oly shoes might make a difference in your case too, maybe look into that.
>>
>>35991821
Thanks! I'll add back extensions and see how that goes. I'll check back in a couple of weeks
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.