[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bros, I know I should be eating these shits but I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

File: Sweet-Potato-Stack.jpg (59KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
Sweet-Potato-Stack.jpg
59KB, 500x345px
Bros, I know I should be eating these shits but I can't find a way of cooking them that makes them tolerable. How do you cook duh sweet potatoes?
>>
Microwave it for 7~10 minutes. Works for me.
>>
>>35971125
Just remember that you can't eat them raw.

Put them in the oven or microwave
>>
>>35971125
I slice em in 1/2 inch thick pieces and steam-cook them. I usually eat them with a bit of ketchup on top
>>
Roll them in alumnium foil, put them in the oven until they are soft inside. Goes well with olive oil
>>
>>35971125
I know what you mean
They taste horrible if you treat them like regular potatoes
>>
1/2 slices on the bbq or poke holes and wrap in tinfoil --> oven 450degrees till tender
>>
Boil and mash brother.
>>
>>35971174

Eh, ketchup? Is that a normal thing?
>>
>>35971212
yeah, i use that too sometimes

Ketchup makes everything comestible
>>
>>35971226
>ketchup

I think you mean mayo.
>>
>>35971125
Put em on the barbecue
>>
This thread is living proof that /fit/izens can't cook.

Sweet potatos are easy as shit, and absolutely delicious.

Slice them into fries, line them up on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet with no overlap, sprinkle VERY lightly with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and whatever other seasoning your heart desires (I personally also use paprika and garlic powder) then pop it in the oven until crispy on the edges and soft on the inside.
>>
>>35971125
Bro if they are undercooked or overcooked they are pretty bad. After a certain period(after 40 minutes of baking on 400) you have to check it every few minutes with a knife, if it cuts like butter it'll taste like heaven. If you overcook it it gets hard and dry again so watch out

Also I've found that low-tier grocery stores have less tasty sweet potatoes. Get them from costco or something.
>>
>>35971234
use both together to create the sauce of mad gains
>>
>>35971125

I like cut it into small parts, steam it for too long, and make sweet mashed potatoes. A little bit of salt, and it's good.
>>
get organic kind. boil that shit. fucking easy to make and delicious af. huge difference in taste from shit tier once
>>
>>35971125
Cut into thick fries. Bake in oven with coconut oil and cinnamon. Eat with cottage cheese.
>>
Sweet tater noob here, how do these handle reheats?
>>
C U R R Y C H I P O T L E M A Y O
>>
File: k.png (10KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
10KB, 204x247px
>>35971252
>fitizens cant cook
>alluminum foil & baking sheets
>olive oil for baking
>mfw
>>
>>35971388
bait
>>
>>35971234
Its like you're not even trying to make it
>>
>>35971388
You're a retard.

There is nothing wrong with baking with olive oil, and I'd love for you to prove to me otherwise. It lends a nice flavor to the sweet potato, as well as providing it with healthier fats than other oils.

>alluminum foil & baking sheets

Are you trolling me? Do you want to scrub hardened shit off of a baking sheet?
>>
>>35971428
Do believe bro was talking about the way olive oil handles high temp.

Protip: it doesn't.
>>
>>35971125
I love me some sweet potatoes
Dice into approx 1" cubes.
Coat a pan with some olive oil, put potatoes in with some diced garlic and onions
Stir well, to get an even coating of oil onto everything.
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cook at 350 for 1 hour or more.

They are wonderful that way.

Mashed Sweet potatoes are also great
Cube them 1" cubes or so
Boil in salted water for 10-20 minutes, until potatos are tender
Drain all water out
Mash with anything really, they should fall apart.
Season either savory or sweet
Savory seasoning: paprika, garlic salt, pepper, maybe some cayenne, if dry use about 1/2 cup milk to add some volume
Sweet Seasoning: cinnamon, butter, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk (about 1/2 cup) some sugar or brown sugar if its in the macros for the day
>>
>>35971428
refer to>>35971477
only a fucking dyec (do you even cook)moron cooks with olive oil.
>Do you want to scrub hardened shit off of a baking sheet?
its called pam asshole
>>
>>35971125
Roasted sweet potatoes is the only viable thing.
If you boil these fuckers they are rancid
>>
>>35971496
Its another one!
Sweet potato fries!
Cut into fries shape
Heat up about 1-2 tbps coconut oil
Place onto baking sheet, no salt/seasoning yet
Bake at 400 - 425 for about 15 minutes take them out, flip them all and back in for 15 minutes
Turn off the oven and let them cool in the oven for another 10 minutes maybe.
Take them out and season them
I like just salt on these, and they don't need to be dipped into anything IMO
>>
Make sweet potato fries

Cut them with a fry cutter
Cover them with spices/salt
Place olive oil on them
Bake them

Its healthy and taste good af
>>
>>35971600
Forgot
>Coat sweet potatoes in coconut oil
>>
were supposed to be eating sweet potatoes? ive never heard of this. what are their stats?
>>
>>35971477
http://blog.fooducate.com/2012/12/18/heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-oils-and-their-smoke-point/

>A popular misconception is that olive oil should not be used for frying because of their low smoke point. As you can see, that is not always the case. The reason some chefs don’t always use olive oil for frying is that imparts its strong flavor, unlike canola or soybean oils.

I've been cooking sweet potatoes with olive oil for years, and they're crispy and delicious. I dunno what you want, m8.

>>35971572
>pam

Mmm, butane.

While it is in most likely safe amounts for consumption, I can't see how using a sheet of aluminum foil is somehow bad or indicates a lack of cooking ability.
>>
>>35971125
Do you like mashed potatoes?
Boil regular and sweet potato, and then mash them together. Tastes like slightly sweeter mashed potato.
>>
>>35971125
>tolerable

What the fuck? Sweet potatoes are god tier and anyone who says otherwise have SHIT taste.
>>
>>35971666
http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/superfoods/6-reasons-you-need-to-eat-more-sweet-potatoes

Complex carb, lots of bennys.
>>
>>35971698

Bad Thanksgiving memories of mushy ass yams, m8.
>>
>>35971427
its like you're not even trying to cultivate mass
>>
>>35971477
The smoke point of olive oil is higher than any reasonable oven temperature. Remember that your food doesn't hit the same temp as the oven.

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/collectedinfo/oilsmokepoints.htm
>>
>>35971184
This. Fucking amazing.
>>
Put butter and cinnamon on those bitches brah
>>
>>35971125
>"Moist sweet potato varieties sweeten during cooking thanks to the action of an enzyme that attacks starch and breaks it down. The enzyme starts to make maltose when the tightly packed starch granules absorb moisture and expand, beginning around 135°F, and it stops when the rising heat denatures it, at around 170°F."

Source:
http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/11/the-best-roasted-sweet-potatoes-thanksgiving-sides-the-food-lab.html

Also
http://www.modernistcookingmadeeasy.com/tags/sweet-potato
For the same info.

In short:
>get water to between 135 and 170 F (57-76 C)
>put in sweet potatoes (might want to use zip top bag with no air)
>for at least 1 hour
this makes them sweeter than they would otherwise be

After making them sweet, you need to soften to do that, you bake them like you normally would. Personally, I've never done it this way because I like their flavor when just baked, but if you don't like it and want to try sweetening them give it a shot.
>>
>>35971125
0. Preheat your Jew Hotel to 400F
1. Peel those fuckers like they're your bitch
2. Cube those motherfuckers
3. Toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and a little honey (in a bag, not like tossing salad you fucking faggot)
4. Put those oily shits in a glass baking dish
5. Let them burn in the oven for 40 minutes
6. Take them out, let them cool, and then serve them to your slut gf and she'll let you go ass to mouth
>>
>>35971171
why cant you eat them raw niggla?
>>
>>35971125
What you can't eat kumura? Are you fucking dumb?
Roast it, mash it, boil it
It's tasty as fuck
>>
>>35974459
Lost
>>
>>35971125
microwave them bitchs for like 7 minutes

but if yuo want somthing tastey

boil a few of them in water with vegetable stock till its super soft then either put it in a blender/food processor or use a hand blender
and blend into a delicious soup shits got tier add salt,pepper and cyanne pepper
add other veggies too if you want
>>
>>35971176
Enjoy your alzhimer goals
>>
>>35971125
Try this method, I use this for red potatoes and they are amazing.
Cut potatoes in half then quarter them
Place in skillet and add enough water to almost cover potatoes
Add olive oil and 1 tbs of butter to water
Turn on med high heat, let water boil off
Add spices and seasoning of choice
The oil will make a nice crispy crust and the inside is still meaty
>>
File: homemadesweetpotatochips.jpg (110KB, 575x595px) Image search: [Google]
homemadesweetpotatochips.jpg
110KB, 575x595px
sweet potato chips are delicious
>>
>>35974910
LOL. Fuck off with that broscience bullshit. You're probably one of those idiots that won't smoke out of aluminum pipes.

Lrn2Science
>>
>>35971125
This is probably one of the easiest foods in the world to make. And it always tastes good so you are either doing some majorly retarded shit to your potatoes or you have shit taste.

You can poke a few holes with a fork and cook it directly on your oven rack for about an hour. Literally dont have to do anything else. Syrup will be oozing out of the holes by the end. Add butter or salt if you have to.

Another way is what I do with all vegetables: chop into one inch cubes, toss in oil, salt, pepper and whatever else you have around (garlic powder, red pepper flakes, even coriander is good). Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes, flip them and bake another 10. For veggies like broccoli and other things less dense than potatoes you will need to flip them sooner.

Step up your veggie game son, it's simple. Since veggies take the longest, do them first then grill your meat while you wait
>>
>>35974459
>1. Peel those fuckers like they're your bitch
>not eating the skin

Goodbye gains, I hardly knew ye.
>>
>>35971125
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKSwPyqhbwo
The way Jeff cooks them is not too bad imo
>>
>>35971125

Best way I've found: wash & scrub the skin. Dry. Rub in coconut or avocado oil. Bake in a 400 degree oven for an hour. (Rotate once or twice.)

Shit tastes like candy.
>>
>>35971125
>wash the potatoes
>wrap in tin foil
>throw in a 450 degree oven for 30 mins
>cut open, salt/pepper/whatever you want
>eat it
>>
I just mash em and add a fuckton of garlic

Garlic makes pretty much anything better
>>
>>35975916
> not eating them as is
What's with burgerclaps putting condiments on fucking everything? Shit's fantastic as is
>>
File: donald_trump7.jpg (214KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
donald_trump7.jpg
214KB, 620x412px
>>35974459
>jew hotel
>>
My gf and I will boil them and then roll them into gnocchi. Makes a great substitute for regular pasta.
>>
>Cut into squares
>Boil until soft
>Mash with bacon fat & butter
>Noms
>>
>>35971683
>/fit/ - Chefs
>>
File: 20151231_155719.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151231_155719.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>35975944
>>
>>35975968
>tfwnogf

thanks fuckhead
>>
File: 1422478398282.png (17KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1422478398282.png
17KB, 370x370px
>>35974459
>Jew Hotel
Got me
>>
>>35971125
microwave + salt and butter. Use a light butter spread or a reasonable amount of butter(1/16th of a stick max).
>>
>>35974833
Raw sweet potatoes contain an enzyme inhibitor that blocks the action of trypsin, an enzyme that digests proteins. The trypsin inhibitor prevents the digestion of protein.Sweet potatoes have more of the trypsin inhibitor. This makesraw sweet potatodifficult to digest. Cooking negates the inhibitors.
>>
>>35971125
I boil them and then mash them with butter, nutmeg and cinnamon.
>>
>>35971125
You don't fucking have to eat them you cunt. Their nutritional value is pretty much the same as regular potatoes. I only eat them because I get sick of always eating bland ass potatoes so the sweet potatoes are good for a change.
>>
I eat them cold, like an ice cream cone
>>
>>35975951
salt, pepper and seasonings is just to add extra flavor. i didn't even mention condiments...

fuck off europoor
>>
File: Smug_Pepe.png (28KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Smug_Pepe.png
28KB, 200x200px
>>35975999
>>
>>35971428
Virgin Olive oil smoke point is 325-375. Not that this affects health or nutrition or taste. It just smells bad.
>>
>>35971334
yes but cover so they dont dry out in mircowave
>>
>>35971125
>27g of cars in a cup of diced sweet potatoes
LOL no thanks.
>>
File: 515dLjUdcQL.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
515dLjUdcQL.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>>35971125
boil it with some of this, brown cane sugar (not too much obviously). Delicious, sweet and soft like mashed potatoes.
>>
>>35971125
slice into potato chip size, toss in coconut oil with rosemary and salt, bake till crispy, top off with cayenne pepper.
>>
I dice sweet potatoes and red/russets and throw them in olive oil.

Lots of black pepper
Rosemary
Garlic

Throw that in the oven. Sometimes I add onions. Brussels sprouts are good in there too.

Shit's great. Eat it with a pork chop if you want. Sometimes I just throw a fried egg on top.
>>
>>35971125
cubed and steamed four minutes... drizzle coconut oil add cinnamon... possibly add chopped onion to them when steaming maybe a habenero pepper too.. slice in avocado and eat
>>
>>35971125
microwave until soft. cut em up, mash em in a bowl, add a lot of cinnamon, mix em up, ration out into my meal prep containers. i eat sweet potatoes every night
>>
>>35971125
Fry them. Cut them thick like steak fries and use organic lard- this will brown the potatoes nicely and you won't be adding too much fat to the potatoes since you're cutting the fries thick.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.