[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else just hate idiotic "manly" culture built

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 28

File: fagtard.jpg (62KB, 600x372px) Image search: [Google]
fagtard.jpg
62KB, 600x372px
Anyone else just hate idiotic "manly" culture built around strength training. Every time you look for something related to lifting heavy things up and putting them down, you inevitably stumble upon
>metal music
>screaming men
>shaggy beards
>words like 'primal', 'beast', 'raw', 'ultimate', 'hardcore', 'kill' etc
>slamming things and generally acting like short-tempered downs child
>tattoos
>tanktops with monsters on them
Is an image of a lifter capable of intelligent thought an impossibility?
>>
>>35957066
The fitness culture is really cancerous in general. There is a huge emphasis on HOW MUCH weight you can lift, and not HOW you're lifting it. So you have people struggling to hit however many plates they think will make them adequate and half repping, kipping, not controlling the weight, rushing to fnish their reps, etc. That's why so many threads on /fit/ are from people with high bodyfat or shit bodies who'll try to pretend they "don't lift for aesthetics" so they can anonimously post their stats with weight they couldn't lift with proper, controlled form and feel somewhat good about themselves.

It's a culture where the bigger, the meaner, the better. Get a crew cut, grow a beard, grunt or whatever, which is ironic considering the number of actual closeted homossexuals in this board.
>>
>>35957066
>>35957140

This so much guys omg, you're literally giving me a boner.

Fuck this bullshit culture
>>
>>35957066

The culture surrounding lifting, /fit/ in particular, is really loathsome.

Not much of it has to do with health & fitness, there seems to be a majority of loud fat losers with terrible diets who laugh at doing cardio.
>>
As someone who suffers from bigorexia I, too, dislike the dysfunctional male gender image of postmodern society.
>>
>>35957066
Lifters are usually autistic/nerds and were bullied as kids. What flame shirts are to fashion lifting is to sports.
>>
I read a book in between sets at the gym.
>>
File: welcome_to_fit.gif (748KB, 286x155px) Image search: [Google]
welcome_to_fit.gif
748KB, 286x155px
You all must be new here. Welcome to /fit/
>>
>>35957140
Actually, form is huge in fitness culture because autists like to obsess about shit.

No athlete ever gave a shit about lifting form.
>>
>>35957066
I agree completely. All this "Beast Mode" "Alpha Bro" bullshit. Subcultures in general have certain rules and uniforms and bodybuilding is no different, but bodybuilders somehow think they're immune, that they honest to god are "superior".

Even the intro to Starting Strength has it. He starts off with "Physical strength is the most important thing in life", and just goes on about how lifting is superior to everything else. Why did he even feel the need to say this? Why did he feel the need to justify lifting to his audience?
>>
File: 1454125970741_0.jpg (1MB, 4558x4542px) Image search: [Google]
1454125970741_0.jpg
1MB, 4558x4542px
Imo lifting shouldn't be a "culture." These guys are no better than homos who let their homosexuality define their identity. About the screaming men and shaggy beards and such, I get what you're saying. Lifting is more methodical for me, I take it as seriously as a painter takes his paintings for example. (Yes I'm aware of how fedora-ish I sound).

But seriously though I think OP is pissed that you have all these immature fucks making his hobby which he takes seriously and loves with a passions look like its a stereotypical meat head activity for retards.

Basically lifting "culture" went from something noble and looked up upon to something thats maybe for plebs- ie every nig-nog and failed drop-out can do. And since this is 4chan, when someone else does something we don't like, they in fact are plebs.
>>
>>35957254
Probably some pleb shit like A Song of Ice and Fire
>>
>>35957262
Every couple days there is a thread here asking "how much can you X." And in every thread there is one

>not being able to lmaoYplates lol give up loser
>>
Lifting generally attracts low-IQ high-test monkeys.
Obviously doesn't mean that lifting turns you into one.
>>
I think the whole inspirational shit is retarded. I mean I never see the people who do real sports and train for 3+ hours daily share all this motivational stuff yet the ones who are "training" (for what??) for one hour a day, 4-5 days a week, are the ones who non-stop spread the "Be the better you, get up and do it now" pictures. Let's be honest, most people who hit the gym only go for a few hours every week. It's pretty pathetic that these people need to continuously motivate themselves to just go for that short period of time
>>
>>35957066
Thats why i liste to anime OPs and EDs while lifting
>>
>>35957066
I agree anon. It's just something edgelords use to make them look cooler than everyone else, because they are depressed they can't pick up chicks and have a shit job, and want to belong.
>>
>>35957262

Pretty sure martial artists and gymnasts say focus on form a lo in terms of other athletes. For lifters if your form is bad lifting weights as heavy as you can you injure yourself pretty quickly brah..
>>
File: Arnold_Schwarzenegger_784_(1).jpg (35KB, 527x326px) Image search: [Google]
Arnold_Schwarzenegger_784_(1).jpg
35KB, 527x326px
>>35957231
>>35957157
>>35957140
>>35957066
>>35957237

No test faggots who would rather humans were isolated experiences so you don't feel emasculated when you come across a beast.

There's a feeling you get when test runs through your veins at high volumes. You literally feel like a beast and behave as such. There's less talk in your head, just actions. Less "dont do that, should do this", and a lot more "GO. GO. GO." In fact it doesn't even feel mental. It's a very physical state to be in.

OP I see you used a black guy for your image, and I assume why... but remember, the one to truly take that mentality in and own it was Arnold, and everyone loves him.

TL;DR - Stop being little bitches.
>>
>>35957066

well the alternative is being extreme beta like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PjFKrX_55Q

if you go up to 16 year old boy you see these days he only has two options, to be a pussy and possible cross dress, or to overcompensate in some manner like gymbros.

there are no normal man anymore in our culture. you either remove your testicles or say "fuck everything" and become 4chan nihilist/gymbro/crimeman
>>
>>35957327
>I think the whole inspirational shit is retarded.
This, the most annoying people are not the muscleheads, but the ones who pretend that fitness is some sort of philosophical form of enlightment (hello Elliot) designed to guide men through all aspects of life. You fucking train your muscles to contract harder, shut the fuck up
>>
>>35957297
>>35957308

I actually feel bad for these "beast mode" facebook motivational bros irl though. These people have nothing better going on for them except for going to the gym to literally just pick up weight then put it down for an hour a day, 4-5 days a week, and to obsess over how they look. I mean yeah I go to the gym, I lift and put effort in looking better, but I have other shit going on as well. If I stopped going to the gym, it would suck, but it wouldn't reduce my identity or destroy my world
>>
>>35957367
>I actually feel bad for these "beast mode" facebook motivational bros irl though. These people have nothing better going on for them
>posts on 4chan

Stopped reading, left thread, hidden, concussed myself so I lose all memory of this. I can't take you faggots anymore.
>>
>>35957341
>The one to truly take that mentality

Arnold wasn't one of these "BEAST MODE" guys though. He trained a lot and focused on it hard, but he didn't seem like the type who only ever had lifting in his life. He did so many other amazing things in his life that you really shouldn't compare him to these youtube meatheads
>>
>>35957341

This. Low test little /pol9k/ bitches.
>>
>>35957393
I don't really need to explain myself, but I go on 4chan for maybe 30 minutes every couple of days. Believe it or not, some of us actually have a life outside of the gym and 4chan
>>
>>35957341
If your test is so low, that you can only feel it while lifting, then YOU are the low test cuck.
>>
>>35957394

Arnold had lazer like focus in whatever he did. When he was a bber is trained more than pretty much any lifter in history and lived for it. Tho I do agree he was a well balanced person with a social circle, his own business (the bricklayers one he made his first fortune on), and furthered his education (night school) on the side even then.
>>
File: Ow_the_edge_2.png (1MB, 640x894px) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge_2.png
1MB, 640x894px
Would you rather be loud, potentially irritating but self-confident and physically intimidating or just be a beta who hates himself and will never be remembered or noticed?

The majority of people who hate on lifting or lifting culture in general are mostly jealous to some extent, even subconsciously, I used to be like that but I realized that at the end of the day, life is a lot better and more entertaining for people like that.
>>
>>35957416

Yeah sure. Arnold the most famous proponent of the feeling of pump and rush you get from lifting was low test right?
>>
>>35957341
You're a fucking moron if you're trying to compare Arnold to all the talentless youtubers.
>>
>>35957394
>Arnold wasn't one of these "BEAST MODE" guys though.
GTFO. You don't know anything. At all. At all.

He moved on to acting after he already conquered bodybuilding, but please find out what he was like during those days. Heck, even during his movie career.

Arnold was the prototype Chad.
>>
>>35957448
You are not Arnold though. You're just a fedora pretending to be Arnold because you're too beta to be yourself.
>>
I almost want to base a YouTube channel off of being a quiet courteous lifter. Filled with words of positive encouragement, natural lifters, classical music and cats. With the occasional weight lifters non biased opinion on a subject.
>>
If you don't like "lifting culture" you can easily avoid it. Many gyms essentially forbid it, you can lift at home, or you can be an adult and ignore behaviour that is annoying to you.
>>
>>35957506
Who is candito
who is alan thrall
>>
File: 1445863845615.png (338KB, 573x523px) Image search: [Google]
1445863845615.png
338KB, 573x523px
>>35957066
I hate ALL culture surrounding lifting weights
>>
I think the whole "man" culture is a marketing tactic aimed at insecure people. Most people at my gym are pretty laid back.
>>
>>35957066
Yes. It's a bunch of manchildren trying to put more meaning into a rather unremarkable hobby. They attach all those deep values into their thing, but are mostly really boring persons outside of the gym. They like the thought of them being the tough guys who lift more than the thing itself. Lifting is honestly not as hard as lifters claim it is. You don't really effectively do much during a work out, I've had way worse pain in my life and beyond basic anatomy you don't need to have a lot of expertise. Most of it comes in very gradually, there's no real point when you need superhuman willpower or anything. When lifters brag about their thing it sounds to me like women who tell men how painful birth is.
>>
>>35957348
No there isn't you idiot. There's miles of middle ground. Just be normal for fuck sake don't base your entire identity on what the internet says you are.
>>
>>35957437
>Do you want extreme A or extreme B? No compromises allowed
Grow up, retarded manchild
>>
>>35957066
Its all for fun dude
>>
>>35957335
Which OPs?
>>
>>35957066
yeah all these faggot men and women spamming fb and instagram with motivational quotes just to go lift for an hour are a joke. not even gonna get started with the hashtags

People working shitty jobs at mcdonalds should be the one doing this shit.
>>
sounds like this thread is full of guys who would identify as male feminists
>>
>>35957341
>There's less talk in your head
That would explain a lot.
>>
File: thatposttho.jpg (42KB, 498x476px) Image search: [Google]
thatposttho.jpg
42KB, 498x476px
I don't see much future for fitness culture. It's decadent, and it has a racial problem, and the problem of form inequalities. My feelings against fitness culture are feelings of hatred and deep repugnance. Everything about the behavior of fitness culture reveals that it's half Judaised, and the other half negrified. How can one expect a culture like that to hold together?
>>
>>35957766
>It's decadent
It really is. Roiding and putting on unnecessary amounts of mass while risking your health is pretty much the most decadent thing you can do other than becoming a fat fuck.
>>
>>35957766
/pol/ pls go
>>
>>35957066
Yeah, I feel the same way. I would have gotten into weightlifting sooner if it wasn't for this hyper masculine culture, which I find somewhat repugnant. That's why I like guys like Scott Herman and even AthleanX (despite the horrible name). Just down to earth and unpretentious guys.
>>
>>35957066
Found the low-T Bernie voter
>>
>>35957394
lel. literally knows nothing about arnold. i dont even follow the fag bb culture but know more than you.

arnold did nothing but fucking train in his early days, and in every video of him training hes primal af. in every video of him talking hes chad af. nobody else in those days had beards or tattoos which is the only things hes missing
>>
File: 1455059324865.gif (2MB, 379x452px) Image search: [Google]
1455059324865.gif
2MB, 379x452px
>>35957753
>>
>>35957804
The application of force alone, without support based on a spiritual concept, can never bring about the destruction of an idea or arrest the propagation of it, unless one is ready and able to ruthlessly to exterminate the last upholders of that idea even to a man, and also wipe out any tradition which it may tend to leave behind.
>>
>>35957066
killitloveit faggot
>>
>>35957066
thank you so much for putting this out there, I've been bothered by this for years
>>
>>35957885
>af
back to le reddit with you
>>
>>35957066
You must be a beta dyel
>>
>>35957066
you know what? you're just like people (girls) who got into "gaming" recently trying to change what we built up for the last 40 years with their SJW bullshit.

don't be a hypocrite
>>
File: 1446240367771.jpg (191KB, 1000x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1446240367771.jpg
191KB, 1000x1001px
I want betas to leave.
>>
>>35957140
n-no homo...
>>
>>35957341
>There's a feeling you get when test runs through your veins at high volumes. You literally feel like a beast and behave as such. There's less talk in your head, just actions. Less "dont do that, should do this", and a lot more "GO. GO. GO." In fact it doesn't even feel mental. It's a very physical state to be in.
Nope.
>>
in the midwest the "manly culture"has nothing to do with fitness. It's most about being overwieght, loving harleys and hating foreigners.
>>
>>35957397

>/pol/

This. polfags masturbate to being born white and can't comprehend being a beast earning actual achievements you don't inherit.

most beta faggots on 4chins
>>
The feminization of the west, everyone.
>stop acting like a man its upsetting me
>>
Read Henry Rollins on pumping iron

He was basically a bullied need that got bullied into lifting weights
>>
>>35957066
What the fuck did you expect? A "safe" space where men could lift without feeling emasculated? Go back to planet fitness you low test cuck.
>>
>>35961133
There's a difference between masculinity and acting like a retarded manchild.
>>
>>35961218
is there?
>>
I find the overall image and trappings of fitness culture to be pretty unsightly and embarrassing.

It's worse than anime and should be similarly stigmatized
>>
>>35961282
No, don't worry, anon. Everything's fine.
>>
>>35957066
This is what the HAES bitches are telling us and now you expect us to buy that shit because you changed it to men instead of fat chicks?
>>
>>35957066
>words like 'primal', 'beast', 'raw', 'ultimate', 'hardcore', 'kill' etc

This is the only one of your points I agree with. I kinda want to buy products that seem serious instead of "Primal Ultra Beast Rage Force X3" but hey, what can you do.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>35961319
I like the stuff from myprotein for this reason. Very minimalist and no bullshit with a touch of sci-fi. The only thing glaringly wrong with this is the word "impact"

I want my supplement containers to look like the E-tanks from Mega Man
>>
>>35961218
And what exactly is acting like a retarded manchild fucko? Grunting? That happens when you lift heavy weights. Dropping the weight? That happens when you lift heavy weights. Metal music? That helps in psyching you up to lift heavy weights. Tank tops and animal prints? Fucking consumerism for you.

Sounds to me like you're just a weak DYEL that feels intimidated.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 318x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 318x499px
It's even worse when it comes to martial arts / self-defense. So silly. So juvenile
>>
>>35961319
now with Ultimate Raw Protein complex TM
>>
>>35961297
>Disgusting beta weab detected
>>
>>35957335
Everyone does
>>
>>35961436
Basically doing irrelevant shit in the naive sense that it will boost your masculinity/perceived masculinity. It implies that you care and that you are deep down insecure. It's an easy way to spot a compensation lifter.
>>
>>35961743
>Retarded manchild
>Doing irrelevant shit

I've asked you in my first response now i'm going to have to ask you again since you're so fucking dense. How about you post exactly what that "retarded manchild/irrelevant shit" is you dumbass.
>>
>>35961786
Just read OP?
>>
>>35957066
>not lifting to Pelican . confirmed for not making it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ARnRtC-2k https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11RsvPYPny0
>>
>>35961808
Oh, so everything i refuted in my initial post? Good to know. Have fun lifting your baby weights bud, because you've clearly never had any experience lifting heavy weights or at least attempted a 1rm.
>>
>>35961833
You refuted it by asking what he expected? Such skill!
>>
>>35961833
Have fun thinking wearing a tank-top with a dragon on it and having some cheap tribal tattoo on your arm will improve your lifts.
>>
>>35961133
>you must either act like a chimp or be a beta cuck
Life must be so simple for you
>>
>>35961852
>Grunting? That happens when you lift heavy weights. Dropping the weight? That happens when you lift heavy weights. Metal music? That helps in psyching you up to lift heavy weights. Tank tops and animal prints? Fucking consumerism for you.
Learn to read you stupid cunt.

>>35961858
You learn to read too you stupid fuck. I already stated that the merchandise, tank tops etc. are all about the toxic consumerism surrounding the fitness industry, something we can both agree on, but everything else is fucking relevant to lifting heavy.

But of course, you ignore those points because it doesn't agree with whatever shit you are spewing. Fucking DYELs.
>>
>>35961882
>But of course, you ignore those points because it doesn't agree with whatever shit you are spewing
As you are?
>>
>>35961920
I've addressed every one of your posts sperglord. Try again.
>>
>>35957066
I desire a shaggy beard because it IS a sign of manliness.
>>
>>35961935
I'm not the guy you're arguing with. I'm just replying occasionally cause your responses are funny to me.
>>
the tattoos..
>>
>>35961960
>not the guy you're arguing with
Then fuck off

>your responses are funny
Sure kid. If you don't see the relevance of my points, you're probably on the same DYEL level as the autist i'm arguing with.
>>
>>35961993
You sound like this thread attacks you personally. If you really think being a loud insufferable cunt in the gym helps you lifting, then go ahead, I don't give a shit. Your rationalization sounds pathetic though.
>>
>>35961993
>If you don't see the relevance of my points, you're probably on the same DYEL level as the autist i'm arguing with.
Yeah probably. But with such a dismissive attitude towards me, why does it seem like you're getting so upset?
>>
>>35961993
Man I hate to resort to the tired old "u mad" but holy shit you're flying off the wall and nobody in this this thread (as far as I can tell) is trying to antagonize or troll you.

This is the kind of person you're coming across as right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbTZ9VmY5pA
>>
>>35962038
If you can do a 1RM deadlift or squat without so much as letting out a small grunt, then you aren't doing your true 1RM. Good job on proving you've never lifted heavy in your life faggot.

>>35962066
>Hurr umad?
Lol i think we're done here.
>>
>>35957066
I'll think you'll find that what you describe is primarily American lifting culture. Although like all things cancerous, it has started to spread.
>>
>>35957262

>No one ever gave a shit about lifting form

Stats and years lifting pls
>>
>>35962095
If you find swearing and insults = mad, do yourself a favour and get the fuck off 4chan.
>>
>>35960701
But they're not acting like men, they're acting like a 14-year old's idea of men
>>
>>35962096
>Lol i think we're done here.
but why? If you're not upset there's no reason to leave the perfectly rational discussion we were all having regarding the images and stereotypes of masculinity in the fitness industry.
>>
>>35962156
>There's no reason to leave the perfectly rational discussion
Except for the fact that you spergs are in full damage control and can't list a single valid point.
>>
>>35962179
Well you do seem super masculine and tough so I guess you must be right. Then again, you came in the thread, what did you expect?
>>
>>35962207
Again with the ad hominem. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>35957066
once you subscribe to a "culture" and build your identity around it, you are a weak faggot and you should kill yourself, this includes fitness
>>
>>35962096
>If you can do a 1RM deadlift or squat without so much as letting out a small grunt, then you aren't doing your true 1RM.
It's not so much what you do while lifting. It's more what you do when you are not lifting. I completely understand that everybody has his own approach to how he pushes himself best. The stupid shit starts when they move their stupid attitudes beyond lifting because "hurr lifting is a lifestyle and it defines who I am!"
>>
>>35962215
np. Thanks for the quick replies.
>>
>post thread decrying antagonistic machismo
>a macho antagonist goes ham on your thread
lol that self-fulfilling prophecy
Nice job, OP. 10/10 scoops
>>
it's even worse when people post the shitty bait threads about how they are cutting and accidentally ate sweets. Fuck you you miserable piece of shit. I don't need some shitty blog post about how you supposedly ruined your cut by eating a donut on a chinese blacksmith forum. Go to the bodybuilding website and circlejerk with the sycophants
>>
>>35962229
>I completely understand that everybody has his own approach to how he pushes himself best
>You really think being a loud insufferable cunt in the gym helps you lifting

You're contradicting yourself here. I agree with your last post though.
>>
>>35962246
>ITT: Weak DYEL betas feeling comfortable in a thread decrying antagonisitc machismo
>>
>>35962296
Well, yeah, it's kind of hard draw the line between "lifting mode" and "regular". Personally I never felt the need to do any special shit between sets. I have two guys in my gym I sometimes see that often laugh and shout between sets. Everybody is rather quietly doing their shit, but you can hear those guys in the whole gym when they are there. To me it's just distracting and annoying.
>>
>>35957313
Oh ho not today.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0KyiE1j0Jg
>>
http://www.artofmanliness.com
http://manhood101.com
lol at all of this and the kind of sucker that would buy into it
>>
I am a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.
>>
>>35962421
>Lifting shirtless
>Grunting and heavy breathing
>Dropping weights

What cancerous fags. They think they're manly but they're not!!1!
>>
>>35962421
This is beautiful.
I'm going to listen this while I work out.>>35962421
>>35962421
>>
>>35962490
dropping weights is one of the douchiest things you can do in a gym
>>
>>35962550
Right, because those guys are anything short of douchebags.
>>
it's the fucking tattoos.
>>
>>35961443
pls tell me that's not real. oh god i found it on amazon and i'm reading the preview. oh man the cheapest you can buy it is 90$ for a fucking paperback.

oh jesus oh man oh whew
>>
>>35957066
that's why people who approach lifting like a science like mike tuchscherer are in high fucking demand.
>>
>>35962570
They aren't in a gym with non-professional weightlifters. If you drop weights in a commercial gym where normal people are working out you have a mental disorder.
>>
>>35962637
Yeah maybe if you're pressing 20kg dumbbells, but i'd like to see you not drop 220kg after deadlifting it for 3 reps.
>>
>>35962607
MA is rife with this bullshit. Google these names

Ashida Kim
Phil Elmore
Count Dante
>>
File: tumblr_nln1riBZp11uo3wd7o1_400.gif (2MB, 365x274px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nln1riBZp11uo3wd7o1_400.gif
2MB, 365x274px
>>35957066
I dunno I try not to let it get to me. I'm there for the information. I wish they could just write better.
>>
>>35957523
>TRAIN UNTAMEDDDDDAAHHH

Yeah definitely anal thrust
>>
>>35957140

haha holy shit so accurate
>>
This vid summarises the losers that complain about shit like this. The type of people that work out at planet fitness desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw59oW6BnRM
>>
>>35961743
What if they're just doing it cause it's fun?
>>
Explain to me what's wrong with metal.
>>
>>35957066
>HTAMS intimidate me, luckily I'm intellectually superior.
Is the fedora fused onto your skull OP?>>35957246
>(You)
>>
Truth be told, I couldn't care less. I am not a teen anymore so I let the "Show Business" side of fitness be. Too busy pumping.
>>
>>35957066
I just sounds like you hate fun, there is nothing wrong with anything you listed other than
"acting like short-tempered downs child".
>Is an image of a lifter capable of intelligent thought an impossibility?
Why do you have to be dumb to do that stuff? With that phrase you just sound like a fedora tipper:
>Look at those savages in the gym acting like animals, I'm so above them, why don't they enjoy my sophisticated tastes?
>>
>>35963527
I don't give shit why they are doing that shit.
>>
File: cyka.jpg (38KB, 604x404px) Image search: [Google]
cyka.jpg
38KB, 604x404px
>>35963559

>Not lifting to Mongolian Throat Singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx8hrhBZJ98
>>
>>35957066
>Is an image of a lifter capable of intelligent thought an impossibility?

Are you implying that "manly" men can't be intelligent?

Watsa matter? Fraid that we might... take yo nerd?
>>
>>35963660
https://youtu.be/JKKbxZvj0lQ
>>
>>35963660
>Mongolian
All the comments are saying it's Tuvan, not Mongolian, and the title is Tuvan Throat Singing too.
>>
>>35963755

I honestly Copypasta'd the first link that came up in my search.

Didn't think anyone would bother to listen, honestly.
>>
>>35957262
EVERY FUCKING ATHLETE CARED ABOUT FORM YOU STUPID CUNT. THAT'S HOW THEY GOT THEIR STRENGTH UP, PROPER FORM AND RANGE OF MOTION.

I'm fucking mad. I know you're not trolling. I know there really is a stupid cunt like you roaming this board right now. Fuck you.
>>
>metal music

PAH i wish. maybe then ANY GYM EVER would actually play metal on the radio ):
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
>>
>>35957066
YOU ARE ALL BUNCH OF BETA LEFTIST JOURNALISTS
>>
>>35957066
low test people attempt to make them selfs feel alpha by acting like that, using words like beast mode

the whole fitness culture is retarded and filled with faggots
not the gay type
but just faggots
>>
File: giphy (97).gif (915KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (97).gif
915KB, 245x285px
>>35957066
>>
>>35961938
Signs of manliness are not manliness. You want display to take the place of substance.
>implying extreme masculinity isn't a gay fetish
>implying a bushy beard makes up for indecisiveness, irresponsibility, lack of candour and self-control.
>>
>>35962315
Your shit falls apart when it's around real machismo that isn't obnoxious or vicious at all.
In fact you end up quickly looking like either a child or a headcase, ramping up the volume or the swear words doesn't help you one bit.
>>
>>35961443
>goatee
>glasses
>katana
>downs look
pls be from somewhere other than USA.
>>
>>35963127
>glaring eyes
>neck veins
>entitled as fuck, claims he built the gym and can't be told
>talking like a naughty 6 year old
go build your own gym you fluffy vagina, the world is on fire you're whining about microscopic shit. 2m30s is too much.
Holy shit listen to this tense manchild sperg.
>>
>>35964242
>Attacks the person rather than addressing the points he made

This is a common occurrence for you planet fitness gym goers?
>>
>>35964146
>Your shit falls apart when it's around real machismo
Like you would know what that is you beta cuck. That fact that you think people train the way they do because they're trying to be "machismo" and not because they're just training hard, says a lot about you and your own insecurity. Faggot.
>>
>>35957066
These guys that are huge and try to be aggro all the time have major issues. I get embarrassed when I go out and some skeleton/chub-boy is obviously intimidated by my physique. Unless he is otherwise a douchebag then I find it funny. These guys are always the biggest guy in the room and they still try to scare everybody. Why? How is that supposed to be admirable? Not that it isn't hard to shake them up if you give off vibes that you aren't impressed. Just weird all around.
>>
>>35961819

>sweet dumb retard who found pelican on pandora thinks he's special :)
>>
File: 69.png (142KB, 303x245px) Image search: [Google]
69.png
142KB, 303x245px
>>35961938

>shaggy
>not thick

A THICK beard is a sign of many facial follicles indicative of high test.
>>
File: latest-1.png (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
2MB, 800x450px
>>35957335
My nigga
>>
>>35957066
How the fuck does that behavior indicate one's intelligence level?
Can aggression, confidence, and energy not coexist along a highly intelligent brain?
Nah I think you are just one big intellectual pussy.
>>
>>35966013
Aggression? To what?

I don't agree with all of OP's points but aggression is useless in the modern age it literally does nothing
>>
>>35966358
Not him, but sometimes being aggressive in the gym is a good way to psych yourself up when you're going for a PB.

Does no one on this board lift heavy? Seriously dude.
>>
>>35966398
Another anon said earlier that different people will find ways to get their lifts up

I realized a few days ago that I lift better on deadlifts when I'm not listening to music and focusing, but that's just me.

In terms of aggression it really does depend on how far we're talking here, other anon makes it sound like aggression is okay in circumstances in and out of the gym desu
>>
>>35961392
>that chocolate peanut butter

good lord that shit is delicious
>>
>>35967055
Try out chocolate caramel, it's even better.
>>
>>35957066
>didnt see the new lundgren commercial
>>
File: 1454756946709563569.jpg (912KB, 1500x841px) Image search: [Google]
1454756946709563569.jpg
912KB, 1500x841px
>>35957066
>>
If people wanna posture and grandstand to psyche themselves up or even just for fun, it doesn't really matter to me. If I don't want to see it, I won't go to their YouTube channels. If I don't want to see it at the gym, oh well - they pay the same membership fees and that's just how it is. Everyone, myself included, likes dumb shit of one variety or another. I can't really begrudge them that right.
>>
File: 2012-03-07-RUDYARD-KIPLING-if.jpg (814KB, 980x6241px) Image search: [Google]
2012-03-07-RUDYARD-KIPLING-if.jpg
814KB, 980x6241px
>>35957066
You know what I hate, OP?

This whole, art of manliness shit. I really do appreciate the idea of it, the fact that there's someone out there trying to un-pussify this metro faggy trend that's boomed since who knows when. I just hate that there are people out there that think being a man is about grooming your beard you got trimmed at a salon for $77 and grooming your ego.

To me, being a man relies heavily on your qualities on the inside (I know, bear with me) keeping quiet about your achievements and griefs, doing whatever the fuck you want to do & doing what you DON'T want to do but have to do, being respectful and polite in the face of disrespect, being stern and strong in the face of abuse. It's amazing for example when I look at people like my dad and people from his era how humble and hardworking they are, how strong and tough they are as well as being kind hearted and loving, it's extremely hard to explain because I'm not yet a man myself, but when you compare them to someone who lacks those qualities you can really tell who's real and who isn't. Sorry for the shit explanation, but this pic related kinda explains it better.
>>
>>35967374
>Posting that tumblr-tier trash comic

Don't do that, anon.
>>
>>35967394
did you even read the quote in respect to what I said?

How long have you even been here, faggot? long enough to learn how to greentext but not enough to gain the required attention span to hold a conversation. This isn't fucking /b/ where it's your secret hangout away from "le nufriend leddits xDDD" although it's fucking retarded here we still exchange decent points you fucking nothing.

>shitty non-contributing posts
Go fuck yourself, anon
>>
>>35967409
Wouldn't your post be just as non-contributive as mine? Please, I'm just pointing out that you're devaluing yourself by posting shit that is generally considered to be absolute shite.

I just saw the thread on the front page, I don't care what's going on here but I do know that that comic is trash and you should feel bad for posting it.

You do understand that sage has a purpose, right?
>>
>>35967429
sure i shitposted to, i bit the b8/8 or whatever. Point stands, i don't see how you devalue a whole post based on the fact you saw pic related on tumblr but has little affiliation or reference to the site.
>>
>>35966358
>aggression is useless in the modern age it literally does nothing

lmao this cuck has never gotten free shit by pretending to be an outraged customer
>>
>>35963639

The point of OP is that masculinity is not shouting "YEAH BRAH WE GON LIFT BRAH YEAH BRO GAINS BRAH AHHAHA BETAD AND ALPHA AMIRITE" between every set.
I once saw a guy unironically shout "don't hate the player, hate the game" to his friend across the whole fucking gym. Everyone looked and I almost laughed myself to death because it was so cringey.
That is the toxic culture surrounding fitness.
Instead, OP would like us to look at lufting the way greeks did it. With resoect and honor. Not like it's some dumb warrior shit, but just because it is aesthetically pleasing to see a muscular body.
Lifting doesn't make you a man, or better than others.
>>
>>35967464
Anon, I don't care about what you wrote, I care about the image. Would you post MLP shit and then be expecting people to take you seriously? You really need to reconsider your approach if you want to provide a more convincing argument. I'm merely trying to help you become a better poster.

>>35967465
Hell yeah, that's the best.
>>
>>35967485
fair enough, even in that instance it still doesn't make sense because it has zero reference for tumblr. For someone like myself who's never been to tumblr it's pretty hard to know this pictures origin. But thanks for the tip :^)
>>
File: Muscle.jpg (23KB, 291x348px) Image search: [Google]
Muscle.jpg
23KB, 291x348px
>>35967502
It's not 'purely' tumblr, to be precise, though it does have an official tumblr page.
http://zenpencils.tumblr.com/

It is Tumblr-tier. On the same level as that kind of stuff.

Now you know, and knowledge is half the battle.
>>
File: graphic-1.gif (32KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
graphic-1.gif
32KB, 550x400px
>>35957766
you sound like a femnazi
>>
>>35967531

How so? Clearly the guy is peeved about the vanity of the culture. The body has for a long time been a focal point of art and philosophy, after all.
>>
>>35967465
After working in customer service a couple of years I try and be respectful desu
>>
>>35961443
Nice, would b useful in nig town.
>>
Agree OP, the general culture around being fit is stupid.

I just do it cause im a nerd.
>>
>>35963660
>Not learning mongolian throat singing
>Not lifting to a playlist of yourself throat singing mixed with Tengger Cavalry and Nine Treasures

Not gonna make it
>>
>>35957066
oh looks like /lit/ is leaking again
>>
File: 1281340707142708.jpg (47KB, 428x500px) Image search: [Google]
1281340707142708.jpg
47KB, 428x500px
>modern masculinity

It's a fucking scam. The aggressive "primal beast hardcore killer" products are a marketing angle to scam insecure men out of their money because they have no idea how to be masculine. If you don't have your own definition of masculinity and allow companies to define it for you the only way to become masculine is to buy shit.

It's the exact same shit with art of shaving art of manliness let's wear suspenders and buy shit for our facial hair bullshit. There's also shit like guys that talk about how spicy the bullshit they eat is, how much meat they consume or whatever.

Modern men sincerely believe what they consume makes up their identity. This also leaks into other things like people sincerely believing the quality of their character has to do with what they *don't* consume aka "snort i don't watch tv".

In earlier times men had plenty of opportunities to display their value in tightly knit communities. If someone was having trouble with their car in the neighborhood they told the local car guy about it and either he or his son would take care of it. Everyone would think well of the car family and both father & son would be glad they could be useful to the community.

If someone was having work done on their house guys would just pitch in for the sake of it. Modern men simply don't get many opportunities to display their skills (value to the community) and get praised for it. Or worse they aren't taught any worthwhile skills and the day of being the hero can never EVER come for them.

We're social animals. Without a positive reception from our community (or even without a community to begin with) people go nuts and look for some way to fill that void.
>>
File: ILLZ0GE.jpg (413KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ILLZ0GE.jpg
413KB, 1920x1080px
>>35957066
Motivation pic threads are so cringey. Why can't people lift weights and not make a giant deal about it?
>>
>>35967713
>It's the exact same shit with art of shaving art of manliness let's wear suspenders and buy shit for our facial hair bullshit. There's also shit like guys that talk about how spicy the bullshit they eat is, how much meat they consume or whatever.
This person fucking nailed it.
Fuck cargo cult buzzfeed masculinity.
>>
I prefer the /we're all gonna make it brah/ philosophy we have here at /fit/.
Help everyone and grow together
We're all gonna make it brah
>>
>>35960701
Men are supposed to be stoic and uncomplaining about the hardships of life. Not spend twenty minutes doing posing for an instagram #beastmode picture.
>>
>>35967721
this
>>
>>35966013
Because people considered wise and we'll educated don't get angry. It's in practically every religion and philosophy. Stoicism, Buddhism, Taoism, Christianity.
>>
>>35957066
They're trying to market to you. Happens to everyone doing everything. Don't worry.
>>
>>35967713
>Modern men simply don't get many opportunities to display their skills
Except we get judged for the career paths we choose, so what the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>35963127
>acting like a sensitive pissy bitch because other people don't care about your retarded displays on masculinity
What an ironing
>>
>>35967800
Damn son you hit a nerve. Every dumb brute on here is going crazy right now. lol
>>
>>35967721

yeah this
>>
>>35968309
>Displays of masculinity
When will you skinny DYEL looking autists learn that when you are lifting a weight that requires 100% maximum intensity from your body, you WILL grunt, and you WILL drop the weight once you've pulled a clean rep, FACT. It's not someone trying to display their masculinity, it's someone giving their absolute all to get that fucking weight off the ground. Lift heavy for once in your life you fucking prick instead of trying to bash others that are actually trying to progress. What the fuck are you even doing on /fit/???
>>
>>35968383
Sure thing mate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jkAScwQdsE
>lifts 900lbs in complete silence
>>
>>35968623
Nice try faggot, you can barely hear him shouting to the crowd at 1:00, what makes you think you'll hear the grunts or air passing through his strained airways?

And lol,
>Using eddie hall as an example for your argument as if he never grunts
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9UTC6jgn4Q

Get btfo'd you weak shit. Also love how you ignored his other "retarded displays of masculinity" prior to his max deadlift simply because it's the one video you found where you couldn't hear someone making a noise.
>>
>>35968672
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0KyiE1j0Jg
professionals don't whine and grunt like little babies
>>
>>35968698
>Watch video
>Some of these professionals grunt and whine
>Stupid anon acts like all professionals don't grunt when a lot of the people in this video aren't even maxing out

Were you trying to make a point here? Do you even know what maxing out is? Did you even bother to read >>35968383?

At this rate i can guarantee you deadlift less than 400 pounds kek.
>>
File: 1447257726738.jpg (101KB, 1000x576px) Image search: [Google]
1447257726738.jpg
101KB, 1000x576px
>>35957262
>>
>>35968698
Nigger are you saying Eddie Hall, the world record holder for the deadlift, isn't a professional because he grunts?

Holy fuck get the fuck off /fit/
>>
>>35968747
No, but I'm saying he's a uncultured, classless, American swine; so there's that.

You faggots are expected to clap, grunt and yell whenever possible.
>>
>>35968730
Let me guess you're some fat powerlifter worrying about e-stats yet can't make the olympic team
>>
>>35968763
So you try use him to make a point, but once that was refuted, suddenly he's an uncultured, classless, american swine??

Your argument is inconsistent as fuck, probably like your workout routine.

>Not murrican btw
>>
>>35968774
Nice, you have no more arguments so you result to ad hominem. Sums up the DYEL betas in this thread perfectly.

Also to answer your question, i'm not fat, i don't lift competitively, but i feel obliged to defend my hobby from autists such as yourself who have no idea about what the fuck they're talking about. And others in the thread clearly agree.
>>
>>35968774
>Implying you have to be a fat powerlifter to deadlift 400 pounds
Dude, just how weak are you?
>>
>>35957066
m8 what you just discribed is the powerlifting culture
>>
>>35957066
>idiotic "manly" culture

Translation:
>I'm really timid and scared at the gym, and real men scare me. I wish I could fit in, but instead, I'll cry on the internet.

Learn to handle the bants, m8.
>>
>>35962150
>having drive, enthusiasm for what you're doing, and trying to inspire others to better themselves through hard work and perseverance isn't manly
Okay
>>
>>35962665
You mean 2.5 reps? If you drop it you lose half a rep.
>>
>>35968954
>real men
>at the gym
Haha. Good one! :) Real men don't go to gyms, real men don't care about 'fitness', and real men don't care about anime imageboards. You've got the warped city slicker idea of a man, which is so far off base it hurts. Please stop thinking you can be a man if you live in a city, work in an office, go to a gym, obsess over diet and shit, use the internet regularly, or play computer games.
>>
>>35969060
Actually deadlift is over once you lift it. So dropping it is acceptable, see competitions.
>>
>>35969103
Let me guess, "real men get their exercise from manual labour!11!11".

Fuck off cunt.
>>
>>35962665
I pulled 5 plates and put it down without even knowing where I was due to the lack of oxygen in my head. Train yourself to not be a douchebag and it'll become instinct.
>>
>>35969107
>competitions
Competitions are horse shit. The deadlift has the lift and the lower, both are as important as each other for improving strength.
>>
>>35969125
Intimidated by real men, are you? Go push your pencil like the niggardly little boy that you are.
>>
>>35967800
>We'll educated
>>
Most highly intelligent people also excercise
They just don't make a big deal out of it
>>
>>35969103
Real men go to gyms, care about fitness and obsess over diet. The other shit is not affecting any "real man" status however you can't even publish an academic article without internet-nor can you reach out to your colleagues who live on the other side of the globe- so you need it for even scholarly pursuit.

Honestly you are just retarded and deluded. Just lift and leave your insecurities behind. Aim for a better self.
>>
>>35969103
You sound like you're project your idea of a real man.

Sad really.
>>
>>35969126
>Lack of oxygen in my head
It means you weren't breathing properly dipshit, something required to make a sound.
>>
>>35969136
My job is what society would call a manly job, but i don't need to flop my dick around on a cantonese drawing board to know you're a stupid shit who has no idea what being a man is about.
>>
>>35969160
Please repeat in English.
>>35969152
Go back to your little Jewniversity and make money for Mr Shoahstein in your desk job, shit stain.
>>
>>35969188
>your little Jewniversity and make money for Mr Shoahstein in your desk job, shit stain.

The world needs little weasely dudes like you. Keep it up.
>>
>>35969188
>He has a labour job
HAHAHA being stupid doesn't make you a man faggot
>>
>>35969187
What's your job? I bet you're lying. A real man doesn't use the internet.
>>
Real men enjoy what they want and take care of themselves and their own without ruining the society they're a part of. Anything else is just a pissing contest to justify their insecurities. You handle your business and try to help the greater good.
>>
>>35969200
I can't hear you over the sound of your soft hands, weak wrists, and artificial muscles.
>>35969199
Quiet, boy, the men are talking.
>>
>>35969173
I'm talking about dropping weights, I still grunt
>>
>>35969203
Nice slave morality there, boy. You're the opposite of a man.
>>
>>35969129
The negative of a deadlift has a higher chance of injury, not to mention if you're able to do a slow negative (as in, a few seconds down, not just gently lowering the weight), then you aren't deadlifting heavy enough.
>>
>>35969224
If you're not able to lower it you're clearly not strong enough. You sure your twigs can even lift the bar, boy?
>>
>>35969219
You grunt but you're calling me the douchebag for dropping weights? Why argue against me with half the argument? And unless you're doing a slow negative, letting down a heavy deadlift will always be considered "dropping the weight" by whiny bitches.
>>
>>35969222
We're all slaves breh. The greater good doesn't necessarily mean keep paying taxes and being a cog in the machine. Do what you believe is right when the time comes.
>>
>>35969152

"real men" are all poor faggots like yourself
steve jobs,mark zuckerberg,Larry Page and Eric Schmidt the people that making a difference in this world. don't waste their times in gyms
have fun being poor and building my house :)
>>
>>35969254
No, you fucking faggot, that's not what I meant at all, you brainless twit. You're espousing utilitarianism and you don't know shit about Nietzsche. Kill yourself slowly and painfully, you insufferable little boy.
>>
File: 1454853637217.png (495KB, 409x472px) Image search: [Google]
1454853637217.png
495KB, 409x472px
>>35957231
>>35957157
>>35957140
>>35957066
LOW TEST
O
W

T
E
S
T

What's wrong with screaming and making crude jokes and having a good time? The fact that OP assumes enjoying this shit would make you incapable of "intelligent thought" leads me to believe he is in fact a massive faggot who takes himself too seriously.

I tip my fedora to all of you m'goodsirs, whom are of too gargantuan a supreme intellect to enjoy the indolent vagueries of barbaric lifting "culture". I'd much rather be admiring a Monet or discussing Marx or Darwin on /lit/ than attempt to actually improve myself.
>>
>>35969250
You got me there senpai. ggnore.
>>
>>35969275
kk just keep that up while you fix my plumbing :)
>>
>>35969273
Tell me more about your father
>>
>>35969247
That makes no sense, the negative portion will always be weaker in the deadlift. The deadlift doesn't even include the negative portion. If I'm able to slowly lower a weight in the deadlift, then it means i can lift more weight. Good job on proving you barely fucking lift at all.
>>
>>35969202
>>35969215
Cop.
>>
>>35969289
I'm an applied science undergrad, stay mad you fucking nerd. Go read some ASOIAF or Douglas Adams or something you little pseud faggot.
>>
>>35969292
It means you haven't trained yourself in lowering it, little boy. Go back to your plastic weights, little boy.
>>35969291
Nietzsche isn't my father.
>>
>>35969306
>applied science undergrad
Not a man.
>>
>>35968903
The guy in OP is a body builder. All the endorsements that use words like "raw" "beast" etc. are companies that sponsor bodybuilders like gymshark, shredz etc. Nice try though.
>>
>>35969306
not manly
>>
>>35969309
Enjoy deadlifting <400lb then fag.
>>
>>35969315
>>35969326
In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of the blessing of some phoney degree, but because I am enlightened, by my own joinery.

*tips spirit level*
>>
>>35969327
>using pounds but not stone
Not a man. Kill yourself now.
>>
>>35969262
>Have fun being poor and building my house
But you're the one with the labour job?
>>
>>35969262
>facebook and the iPhone
>a "difference" in the world
Reddit is down the hall and to the left buddy
>>
File: mathphd.jpg (34KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
mathphd.jpg
34KB, 640x427px
>>35969378
>phd in math
>any job I want
>300k starting
I'll be nice and let you build my gym room :)

>>35969430
Have fun installing windows mr.manly :)
>>
>>35969444
>implying
PURE mathematics PhD here. Youre post reeks of applied mathematics. Bow before my might intellect, child.
>>
>>35969444
Glen?
>>
>>35967465
>Lying to get what you want
>Not a cuck

Pick one and only one.
>>
DAILY REMINDER ALL THESE TOUGH "MANLY" youtube fitness MEN MAKE ALL OF THEIR MONEY FROM SELLING SHITTY T-SHIRTS

lifting weights is cool but don't by into the false hype that roid monkey ct fletcher and guzman sell you
>>
>>35969305
Yeah that's pretty manly. Real cops are GOAT.
>>
>>35968763
He's English idiot
>>
I've seen some shitposting in my time, but goddamnit, this is the shittiest I've ever seen. The gym is the one place in this God Forsaken world where a man can tap into his primal, bestial nature and release his hate and anger in such a way that it doesn't destroy him, but builds him.

Just for you faggots, I'm going to make sure I fill my gym with as much "Toxic Culture" as I can.
>>
>>35969811
Just make sure not to go to crazy. you're dyel boss still has to cut ur paycheck :)
can't eat big without money mr.manly man :)
>>
>>35969811
Go for it anon. The type of people that complain about this "toxic culture" are the type of people that will look the same and lift the same weight in a couple months time with almost no progression at all.
>>
>>35969591
Guzman isn't a real man. His startup was funded by daddy and he's feminine as fuck.

Elliot Hulse on the other hand...
>>
>>35969811
>The gym is the one place in this God Forsaken world where a man can tap into his primal, bestial nature and release his hate and anger in such a way that it doesn't destroy him, but builds him.
Damn dude. The gym is just a place to train. Release some stress, get strong, and make gains.

It's not some existential shit. Go see a therapist after your workouts.
>>
>>35969956
>Release some stress
He may have exaggerated a bit, but you just repeated what he said.
>>
>>35957367
Thats just marketing and branding
Do you believe every hyped up advertisement you come across?
>>
>>35957801
Nah, doing street drugs and alcohol and having random sex is definitely more decadent
At least lifting builds discipline
>>
>>35957341
>when test runs through your body at high volume
That's adrenaline/noradrenaline you dingus, possibly mixed with some endorfins. What you feel as GO GO GO is your fight or flight response kicking in because your body thinks you're doing something crucial to survival. It has nothing to do with manly hormones, although you could describe it as your animal instincts.
>>
>>35957066

I think it's create. The whole fucking western world is feminized, but the gym and fitness is my domain for manly culture, no fucking women can destroy this.
>>
>>35970082
>It has nothing to do with manly hormones
Not entirely true. It's common knowledge that physical activity elevates testosterone levels.
>>
File: 1.jpg (38KB, 382x379px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
38KB, 382x379px
You will never achieve masculinity without buying my supplements and gym memberships! Oy vey, it's like the goyim doesn't want to make it!
>>
>>35957506

Frank Yang is those things minus the quiet and good manners.
>>
>>35970307

Oh, and the natty
>>
>>35970242
Gyms have been around for hundreds of years since the dawn of civilisation you stupid fuck.
>>
>>35969444
You shilled that picture and le 300k STEM meme on /pol/ last night. Fuck off you've been spotted
>>
>>35967469
>omg so cringey
Sounds like everybody had fun and laughed, there is nothing "toxic" about it.
>the way greeks did it. With resoect and honor.
Like I said, sounds like a fedora tipper.
>>
>>35957766
Holy shit all you faggots sound like tiny guys who were embarrassed at the gym or something.

4chan is fucking amazing sometimes. I don't know why I continue to come to the "safe space" for beta homosexual racist who get cucked by blacks.
>>
>>35967779
>stoic and uncomplaining about the hardships of life

You are are a retard. You have some stupid idea in your head of what a man should be based off TV shows.

A man doesn't have to be stoic. In fact, being stoic is a good way to never accomplish anything. Leaders are not "stoic." A leader is empathetic. A leader lets others know he feels their pain and hardships and attempts to shepherd himself and others through them.

Then intelligent men get rid of hardships. So enjoy being a dumbass who just sits around and takes shit to be "manly."
>>
>>35968623
>In complete silence

He drops 900 fucking pounds on the floor. Do you think that doesn't make sound? Sorry that your sensitive ears cannot handle the big bad sound of the weights, and sorry you have never actually strived to accomplish anything in your life so you never felt the joy of advancement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Wk1-_BLwU

Enjoy your "super strict super quiet 3 plate dead lifts that are totally better than the loud guys 6 plate."
>>
>>35968698
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StJPET4Nk3M

>this poster in his head thinks Dimitry Klokov is not a professional and is a little baby

topkek
>>
>>35969136
It's funny because by your logic "real men" are the men who work for me and starve if I stop paying them.
>>
>ITT
>beta boys and hungry feminists
>>
>>35957506
nigga you gay.
>>
>>35957523
Thrall ends every video saying, "TRAINNN UNTAMMEDDDD." Yea, he's a cool chill dude but ffs.

ITT: a bunch of fuckin wanks who want to feel better about the fact that they can't relate to traditional masculinity.
>>
>>35967779

>uncomplaining about the hardships of life

>posting in a thread whining about men who act too macho
>>
>>35957506
Just listen to amrs stuff while looking at Ronnie Coleman videos
>>
Of course you can be intelligent and strong. Your problem is that you want to be told you have these qualities, to be "seen" as strong and intelligent rather than to "be" strong and intelligent.
>>
>>35957523
Candito just edits out the "ironlyfe#" stuff so his channel is mostly information
He admits that off camera he is doing the same shit as everyone lese
>>
>>35957140
This GET BIG LIFT BIG C'MON is a mental disorder
>>
>>35962229
Lifting is a life style when you move beyond a certain point. The eating habits, supplements, drugs and training regimes. It becomes something that all else gets worked into.

But honestly. What a bunch of whinging little cunts. Why care if people do annoying shit? If they wear stupid clothing? It doesn't hurt you. Just chill out and do your thing.
>>
>>35969060
Just gotta drop it under control, silly. It's totally fab if you want to lower it slowly, but let's not be all knicker knitters here.
>>
>>35957523
and this is why i only watch those two
>>
>>35957766
It was a joke you faggots. It is correct though, very decadent and retarded.
>>
>>35962637
I only drop the power cleans. Also my gym has rubber plates so people can drop weights. ;)
>>
>>35957066
What's wrong with metal music cunt?
>>
I'm a male nurse and I also lift.

Am I manly or not?
>>
>>35973796
It depends, do you suck dick? Otherwise no you're not manly.
>>
>>35972661
I hope you realize how beyond retarded and just absolutely hollow that logic is.

>It doesn't hurt you personally, therefore you shouldn't have negative feelings torwards it

Besides the fact that you're trying to censor opinions because they bother you, which already makes you a raging faggot, it doesn't make any sense. Am I supposed to be neutral torwards Hitler because I'm not a jew, he died decades ago and didn't hurt me personally? And if something happens on the other side of the world, can I not think anything because I don't live there? Should I just not exercise rational thought on any subject, activity or whatever I don't personally partake in?

How do you fucking live, you moron?
>>
>>35968763
m'lady
>>
>>35957358
It is though. It teaches you that results are the base of consistent action everyday. It teaches you so much. That's why lifting for girls is a bad idea bc you ignore the true benefits of lifting which is the lessons it teaches you and instead focus so much on getting abs for the chicks.
>>
>>35970636
So have the Jews, you stupid fuck.
>>
I hate the over blown machismo element of gym culture, I really wish it was more of a reflective almost meditative experience. Putting your body under stress to understand it better and make peace with you limitations and facility. I know I'm a bit hippy in my view point but for me personally gym is like church, you have to show respect.
>>35963707
I wish this was longer, its a good mix.
>>
>>35971624
Stoic!=Passive. Who said anything about not removing hardships? You're completely missing my point about how people don't really want to be manly, they want other people to think they're manly.

Who's talking about leaders now?
>>
>>35976545
>Implying there were jews in ancient greece when the greeks were training for the olympics
Kill thyself
>>
>>35957546
yep this pretty much. anyone that acts like lifting weights is hard has never done anything hard in their entire life. lifting is one of those things where i would only talk about it if someone asked about it, otherwise literally no one gives a shit. if you're one of those people that try and worm it into conversation with people who don't lift then you are a faggot.
>>
>>35974157
>Comparing hitler to someone who lives a healthy lifestyle

Topkek
>>
>>35961993
post lifts
>>
>>35976635
Should watch Elliot Hulse on youtube my man, that's what he's all about.

Actually, just watch this one video and have your eyes opened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6h_UsFbvfs
>>
>>35969811
Sounds like you are beta introvert cuck
>>
>>35977580
b: 130kg x3
s:180kg x3
d: 220kg x3
>>
>>35962096
>releasing inter-abdominal pressure by grunting
c'mon now
>>
>>35957471
Pumping Iron really paints this side of him well, even if it's unintentional. Lou was humble, dedicated and kind of gay while Arnold was a fucking predator-tier competitor to the point that it was unnerving in a bad way--leaning towards bullyish, cut-throat, etc.
>>
>>35977622
Do you even lift? Serious question.
>>
>>35967766
yeah but it's when you start saying shit like that irl that I lose a good amount of respect for you
>>
>>35977616
>>35977651
more than you lol
>>
>>35977923
Sure you do bud. Post lifts then.
>>
>>35978005
b: 375 x 2
s: 505 x 2
d: 605 x 2
honestly was just bustin balls, i don't give a shit about grunting or weight dropping, whatever floats your boat. It's when people spout the whole 'dyel' and 'fuark brah' bullshit irl that I have a hard time taking them seriously
>>
>>35978097
You claim to lift that much yet your post about releasing inter-abdominal pressure makes no sense at all.
>>
>>35978129
lol i was saying that by grunting you are releasing that pressure, which is bad. you want to maintain pressure throughout the lift. Once again i was just busting balls, a small grunt will not do much
>>
>>35978185
By releasing pressure i'm assuming you mean, breathing out? If you hold your breathe in the entire lift, you're not lifting properly let alone lifting weights that heavy.
>>
>>35978219
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZDVHVohtmE
honestly can't tell if trolling but if not i'll help you out with this video that will explain why abdominal pressure is important throughout the lift. you should breathe when you complete the lift but not through it
>>
>>35978219
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMo_4ycWDJU
this one's good too, good luck bud
>>
>>35978343
>>35978378
No one said anything about breathing out during the lift, but more so towards the top of it. Can't be arsed watching your vids, but if you wait until you complete the lift to fucking breathe out, then you're going to fucking pass out. I'm really having a hard time believing you lift that amount of weight if this is how you believe breathing should be in powerlifting.
>>
>>35957563
compromise is for cowards and weaklings afraid of taking a side
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.