[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 27

File: 1454327180834.jpg (91KB, 613x522px) Image search: [Google]
1454327180834.jpg
91KB, 613x522px
Old one is near bump limit
Can someone give me a minimalist list of stuff I need to buy for a home gym? Only worried about doing the big 3 and THE PRESS, but I not sure if a power rack is my only option.
>>
>>35953341
>adjustable bench
>olympic barbell
>160kg worth of bumper plates
>power cage
>>
>>35953365
Cool thanks bro.
Got any recommendations as to where I can get this shit for cheap? I live in Australia if that helps.
>>
>>35953341

What are the best super foods you guys suggest?

Iike IentiIs, brusseI sprouts, etc?
>>
Any australians know where I can buy frozen chicken breast in bulk? 12$ a kg from woolies is pretty dear
>>
>>35953387
gumtree mayn
>>
>>35953341
Is it wise to do front squat and low-bar back squat on the same day or spread those two out in the week?
>>
Well, i'm a fucking newfag in /fit/ but i have been lifting (Tfw homegym and no instructor to ask my shit ;-;) for some months.
My question is what's the best way to cut. I mean how can i lose my bodyfat without lose the muscle i've been building.
¿Adding cardio to my routine?, ¿Just eating less?, ¿both?, ¿eating less and keep with my routine?
>>
>>35953433
Eat less keep with routine
Eat better primarily, less fats and whatnot
And don't expect to make strength gains
>>
Should I be feeling squats in my calves?
Also should I do leg press as an accessory for SL?
>>
I usually don't eat anything all morning until about 3pm, and I workout after work and eat dinner after. Am I goblining my own gains by not eating for a chunk of the day?
>>
>>35953389
Oats, beans, dark green vegetables, chicken
>>35953396
See if you can find a local butcher and try haggling if you promise to keep buying from him. Alternatively IGA or Coles may be cheaper
>>35953418
Spread them out
>>35953442
Yes and no, leg press is basically an ego lift version of squats that is less useful
>>
>>35953341
>Can someone give me a minimalist list of stuff I need
Adjustable bench
Powerlifting or multipurpose Olympic barbell
Adjustable squat rack (you don't need a huge, expensive power rack)

>>35953389
Super foods is a meme. Eat varied whole foods and you're good.

>>35953418
Depends entirely on how you do it and what the rest of your training looks like. You can't see these things in isolation.
Obviously you won't be able to achieve maximum performance on both lifts in the same session, but that doesn't mean you can't do both.

>>35953442
>Should I be feeling squats in my calves?
Not really. Make sure you distribute the weight evenly over your toes, heel and outside of your foot.

>Also should I do leg press as an accessory for SL?
Not necessary. You're already doing plenty of leg work.
>>
>>35953511
Yes, spread your food out across your day evenly and you'll have more energy in general
Also eat more faggot
>>
>>35953511
>Am I goblining my own gains by not eating for a chunk of the day?
Whether it makes a huge difference is debatable, but it's not optimal for gains.
Pretty good for fat loss though, if you eat at a deficit.
>>
File: Laocoön and His Sons .jpg (3MB, 2666x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Laocoön and His Sons .jpg
3MB, 2666x2400px
Been lifting for 4-5 months. My back keeps hurting the next day whenever I do deadlifts. I've deloaded to the point where I'm only using 1 pl8 and worked on form, asked for a spot check, etc. Everything seems to be in order but whenever I try adding weight, the back aches return. What do?
>>
>>35953544
Lift more. As in more often.
>>
>>35953544
Willing to bet your form is crap. Realize that most people in commercial gyms have no clue what they're doing.
What's probably happening is that you're focusing on moving the weight up and down, rather than simply moving your hips back and forth. This causes you to pull with your low back rather than your hamstrings and glutes, which is a mistake.
Start the movement by pushing your hips as far back as you can without falling over. You should feel massive tension in your hamstrings. Doing this will automatically cause your torso to become more horizontal and move your hands closer to the ground. Simply reverse the motion by unleashing the tension in your hammies - This automatically causes you to stand back up. Finish by clenching your buttcheeks.
Try it now without weight and see how it feels.
>>
>>35953527
>>35953533
Ty on the help
>>
>>35953533
>Not really. Make sure you distribute the weight evenly over your toes, heel and outside of your foot.
Yeah I may be leaning too far forward
The calf just feels worked at the very bottom of the squat coming up
>>
What do you actually do with your gains?

Looking back at Zyzz, while his lifestyle might have been vapid, there's something noble and unpretentious about being an aesthetic crowd pleaser.
>>
What do I do in life if I'm are shit at everything? I don't enjoy much at all. Just going through the motions
>>
>>35953799
Drugs and possibly a qt grill.
Everything with fall into place eventually, if you work twords it.
>>
>>35953759
Personally the main reason I make gains is to mire myself. Qt grills are a welcome side effect but I'm a narcissistic son of a bitch and I love improving myself.
>>
>>35953820
I used to be like that but now I've gotten to the point where I want to be out and about in public to be 'mired by others and go to events specifically for that purpose.
>>
>>35953828
Maybe I'll get to that point once I transcend humanity. I'm only 160lb 6'2 10% bf so far but I'll make it one day
>>
>>35953799
Heroin?
>>
Any doctors? My friend has type 2 beetus and vomits almost daily. His doctors away for vacation for a few more days.

What can be causing this?
>>
File: blind.png (53KB, 800x519px) Image search: [Google]
blind.png
53KB, 800x519px
Nike romaleos 2 or adipowers?
>>
>>35953856
being a fat shit usually leads to type 2

on a serious note diabetes fucks with your stomach pretty bad for whatever reason
my dad has the same thing with his type 1
he used to remedy it by eating lots of tums and staying away from spicy food
>>
>>35953875

We got pepto instead. Well give the tums a shot.

What did doctor tell your dad? Hope hes alright, why u say used to for?
>>
>>35953922
I'm off at college and now that I think of it he has problems with it again but it didn't bother him for a while hence used to

not sure if my dad ever saw a doctor that is just what he told me

did a quick google search and you should look into gastroparesis
http://www.webmd.com/diabetes/type-1-diabetes-guide/diabetes-and-gastroparesis

it sounds like what my dad has/had
>>
sometimes my toes cramp up randomly when im doing things completely unrelated to using them while lifting. what gives and how can i prevent this?
>>
>>35953954

Thanks
>>
>>35953993
no problem homie
you should help your friend out though
get his ass into shape so he can stop dealing with type 2
its not a game and that shit will kill him if he doesn't change
>>
Starting to have to go from 5x5 to 3x5.

OHP has been the first to go.

Should I add more warm-up sets?
Have the last warm-up set almost a working set?
Do a 1xF lightweight set after the 3x5 working sets?

Or is 3x5 enough? Kinda want to get at least *some* hypertrophy.
>>
>>35954039
Are you running a particular program?
>>
>>35954052

Basically SL.
>>
I'm jumping off of StrongLifts into a more advanced program, but I have a question about set/rep weights.

I understand how to calculate your # rep maxes, but how do I calculate the weight when considering number of sets?

For instance, I can deadlift 285lbs for 1 set of 5 reps. My calculated 1 rep max is 325, and my 8 rep max is 260. But what weight do I lift if my program has me doing 4x8 deadlifts? 260 for each? Or do I calculate lower because I have a higher number of sets?
>>
>>35954095
No.
>>
>>35954039
>>35954062
why ohp 3x5 anon
>>
My squat form went a little downhill last time I worked out. I was struggling to get the weight up on the last set, and I felt it pulling in my lower back more than it should do because I was leaning forward a little too much.

Should I redo that weight and be extra careful with the form, or still add weight as normal? Still being form conscious of course.
>>
>>35953975
Magnesium deficiency.
Eat more whole grains, spinach, bananas.
>>
>>35954131
If you didn't lift the weight with good form, you didn't lift it. So you need to try lifting it again.
>>
>>35953975
Magnesium deficiency.
Take magnesium.
>>
>>35954177

Thought so. Thanks for the quick reply.
>>
>>35954182
If you start counting sets with bad form, you start the road towards ending up in one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUddo9xIKs4
>>
Should I read both Starting Strength and Practical Programming so I can figure out how to plan a proper strength routine for myself?
>>
Best place to buy a belt in Australia?
Inzers website is over $100 for shipping here, does anyone else sell their belts, or ones of the same quality with a cheaper shipping price?
>>
>>35954326
If you're a beginner, just do one of the proven beginner routines. You're not special. Read SS before you start, and read Practical Programming while you do SS.
>>
>>35954308

I'll start redoing the sets when my form breaks down. I don't wanna wreck my shit
>>
>>35954332
Rogue fitness does some good ones according to people at my gym, big dude there thinks they're good
>>
>girl 100% obviously wants my dick, I want her too
>we're always flirting non stop, and she made it insanely obvious by trying to stick her tits in my face when I was sitting down at the gym (she pretended to try and reach/read something behind me)
>I put off asking her out cause had no money at all at the time, struggled to even feed myself
>She gave me an obvious moment where she was standing in front of me waiting for me to ask her out
>I didn't cause of aforementioned reason
>She starts becoming salty af at me the next week
>starts giving death stares
>literally insulting me every time I see her, she's trying to pass it off as playful banter to other people
>things die down, we cool again
>She's all nice to me and shit
>she keeps trying to initiate conversation with me, and we act awkward around eachother all the time

Shit is driving me insane, the fuck do I do? I see her at my gym all the time.
>>
>>35954341
Nah, I've been doing a kind-of-split for ~6 months that a mate put me onto before I ever came to /fit/. Decided to check it out, since I've been seeing greentexts from here for years and this place isn't all homos so I've stuck around.

I've made pretty good noob gains, probably nowhere near as good as had I done SS to begin with. I've incorporated squats, deads, OHP and cleans into my routine now (bench was already there), but I realised today that doing them each once a week isn't going to give me any kind of good progress. I'm not intermediate, but also not a beginner.

Any tips after that?
>>
>>35954383
"netflix and chill?"

you don't need money to get laid.

trust me on this one.
>>
>>35954383
Ask her out
>>
>>35954398
trust me.
you 100% are a novice.

do a novice program (like SS) until you can no longer do linear progression.

truuuuuust me on this.
guarunfuckingteed
>>
>>35954383
Don't acknowledge how you fucked up.
Just give her some banter back while smiling, and get physical.
Or just casually ask her to grab a bite with you after gym. Then if she agrees, say it's a date.
>>
What happens if I don't do 70% fat on keto? What if I'm more 42%?
>>
>>35954414
Right then, where's the best place to go to find out where to personalise it?

I'm hoping for a 6 day routine that incorporates at least those big 5
>>
>>35954424
>What happens if I don't do 70% fat on keto? What if I'm more 42%?
Either you're not on keto, or you're starving yourself, or you eat like 350g of protein a day, which is just wasteful.
>>
Why do I have so much fucking fat on my back?
>>
How many hours before bed should you take zma
>>
>>35954466
Because you ate more calories than you burnt for a long time.
>>
>>35954475
But I'm lean on my front/sides and most other places.

My ribs are really clearly visible and I can barely pinch anything on my front, but I can grab a handful of it from my back.
>>
Is there a way to train my leg muscles for long distance walks with weights? After walking for a day I get pretty sore legs which make multi-day walks painful. Would squats help?
>>
>>35954458
I'm at 2800 calories 223 g protein 191 g fat 41 g carbs, that's not net carbs either I didn't subtract for fiber
>>
>>35954555
When people tell you to eat 70% fat, they mean 70% of your calories, which you do.
>>
>>35954523
Every one gets sore legs after a whole day of walking.
The trick is to walk the next day despite the soreness. It'll disappear after a few days.
>>
>>35954599
Oh cool thanks
>>
I think protein shakes are a meme
>>
>>35954644
Your mama is a meme
>>
Why do we know exactly how much calories/macros everything has?
Do we know every food to the atomic level? It must be, right?
>>
>>35954308

I love how in all these videos, people keep to themselves and the only cunt is the person recording it to show other people. Makes me more confident to go to the gym, despite not knowing how to do everything.
>>
getting back into lifting after about a year and a half. Need a form check but dont think I should make a dedicated thread to it just yet

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbarGg6FzEB2o5fkq2KueQVdSwT5omRVx
>>
File: 1454870544123.jpg (41KB, 711x669px) Image search: [Google]
1454870544123.jpg
41KB, 711x669px
What's this shit I hear about estrogen in the food supply in America? Can somebody explain some more to me? How do I avoid it?
>>
I just started lifting, when I deadlift I don't really feel a pull or stretch in my hamstring except on the first rep. I'm only at like 110 lbs bc I suck.
>>
>cutting all month, -500 to -1000 deficit depending on the day
>4th March gonna go to town on a family bucket of KFC

Is this the right way to cheat?
>>
>>35954843
You don't fucking cheat. That bucket will probably eradicate half your progress. If you can't keep your diet, reduce deficit or stop being a bitch.
>>
>>35954843
>You don't fucking cheat.
Huh, that's not what /fit/ usually says
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
So... What excercise is this power rack set up for? Or is my gym just full of idiots?

Also, why is the power rack always empty the entire time only on days I don't need it?
>>
>>35954843
That's actually my mlk day tradition
>>
>>35954843
>be me
>cutting
>lose a steady pound per week
>on my birthday decide fuck it, cheat day bitches
>gain over 2 pounds
>progress of almost 3 weeks clean eating wasted in one day
>party wasn't even that great
>>
With the right amount a water per day, how many times should I be peeing per day and how much should I be releasing per piss?
>>
>>35954896

rack pulls
heavy shrugs
>>
Australian here, help me with this shit.

Ive done my TDEE which is 2636 calories???
In Australia we do things in kJ, so my TDEE is 11029kJ???

Ive checked and rechecked and im not sure whether im doing this right or not.
>>
>decide im dont being lanky midget
>figure its still the beggining of the year, there will be plenty of people trying to get in shape!
>get gym membership
>turn up to collect my keys
>gym has about 12 people in it, they're all huge and have probably been going for at least 2 years each

JUST
When are the best times to go? Its a 24 hour gym and I want to be around the least amount of people as possible.
>>
>>35955051
an extra question
Would it be advisable to not go between 1am - 6am, or are these places usually pretty safe
(I cant lock my car)
>>
>>35955040
and if ive gotta stay -500cal under, i should be

11029kJ-2092kJ
=8937kJ

or 2135.9cal

i think.
>>
>>35954867
yea dude, that bucket most definitely has 10k calories and he will just eat it all and then eat his usual fill for the day too.
>>
My squat won't go up. My hips or glutes always seem to hurt when I squat heavy (for me).

What do I do? Is it really just eat more?
>>
>>35955088
I would recommend getting your form checked
>>
has anyone seen their sexual performance increase since starting lifting/ the gym?

Just fapped and my stamina and quality of boner seemed overall better
>>
>>35955106
At the start yes.
>>
>>35955106
>has anyone seen their sexual performance increase since starting lifting/ the gym?

improved my hip drive
>>
>>35955098
My friend thinks it's okay and I've posted videos on here and people have just said my stance is wide. I can't squat at all with a narrow stance though. I might deload a bit and try out high bar
>>
>>35955106
My performance inreased a lot with core work and cardio. Now I can thrust for hours.
>>
mineral water is just like regular water right? it won't break my fast because of those bubbles?
>>
>>35955233
No, it won't break your fast. You're safe. Watch the sodium content though.
>>
Should I take a dose of ec stack 30mins before a workout or right before I even enter the gym for max results?
>>
>>35955428
takes a bit to kick in, take it 30m before.
>>
Doing SL - It feels like i'm going to fail on OHP first, is this "normal" ?
>>
File: 4cf.jpg (49KB, 499x468px) Image search: [Google]
4cf.jpg
49KB, 499x468px
Every trainer at every gym I've been to has told me that deadlifts will fuck your lower back up, even with proper form. I'm inclined to take them out of my program.
What gives? Is there some truth to this?

I've also been told that skullcrushers fuck your elbows up.
>>
>>35955647
Almost everybody who deadlifts and squats regularly gets a spine injury sooner or later. I still didn't drop them because I love them but I'll probably do it soon. Your health should come before ego lifting.
>>
>>35955647
Do them with proper form, 12-15 reps and low weight for back health. Don't try to push yourself.
>>
How long does a shoulder or bicep tendonitis (not sure which of those I've got) heal?
And what do you recommend?
Popping ibuprofen atm and avoiding any arms-related activities.
>>
File: 1453883407080.gif (182KB, 226x224px) Image search: [Google]
1453883407080.gif
182KB, 226x224px
Isolate vs regular whey?
Casein an hour before bed?
4 x 10 or 5 x 5 for strength weight loss?
Is OHP supposed to be significantly lower than everything else in the big 4? ( DL, BP, Squats OHP)

>pic related it's me
>>
File: welcometofit.png (70KB, 602x706px) Image search: [Google]
welcometofit.png
70KB, 602x706px
>>35955647
careful m8, everybody who lifts knows that squats and deadlifts are NOT safe, despite what /fit/ says. Take the truth around here with a grain of salt, this should help
>>
I've got stretch marks on my hips, and upper thigh. How do I minimise using my hip flexors, while still working legs?

I'm currently doing DL 120kg, backsquat 100kg.
>>
How many pounds of muscle are you away from your pumped mode??
>>
>>35955076
>implying I'll finish the bucket
>implying it won't be my only meal for the day
>implying
>gniylpmi

I'm dying for some fried chicken g*d damn
>>
guys with girlfriends/partners:

how well do you sleep when you are sharing a bed? any tips? I get very restless and struggle to sleep because I'm so used to sleeping by myself
>>
I have good deadlift form, but I can't seem to do Romanian deads correctly, am I retarded?
>>
>>35955781
regular whey is fine
sure why not
just lift faggot, whatever way you can stick to
yes
>>
How do I cut and not lose strength/muscle? I'm currently eating at maintenance and was thinking of supplementing yohimbine? Is that a solid plan?
>>
>>35955855
no you hammies are just tight
try doing deficit deads (find a platform or put a pl8 under your feet)
>>
Why do people always defend fatty's? Why aren't i allowed to critique their eating habbits?
>>
File: 1439395306086.jpg (103KB, 500x687px) Image search: [Google]
1439395306086.jpg
103KB, 500x687px
What are the best home exercises (no equipment) for big arms?
>>
>>35955647
>Is there some truth to this?
Yes and no.
Done correctly, and used correctly, the deadlift is more or less the #1 exercise you can do for back strength and health. However, there's a difference between training for health and training for maximal performance. Even if you know what you're doing, the more you try to push the limits of what your body can do, the greater the risk that you'll hurt something. This goes for EVERY SINGLE exercise by the way - It's just that when you fuck up on the deadlift it's usually the low back that gets hurt, and that can be quite painful (although it is very possible to rehab these injuries).
You're always balancing the risk/reward scale when you train. You can take it easy and more slower but safer progress, or you can go all-out and make faster but riskier progress. And anything in between, of course.

Exercises are simply tools. Provided you have the prerequisite mobility, knowledge and strength to perform them, they will never hurt you until YOU do something you shouldn't have done. Although for obvious reasons, the more weight you can handle, the more seriously you can get hurt. But you'll also make more gains. Again, it's a balancing act.

>>35955776
If you haven't been an idiot about it and just pushed through the pain for a while, it usually won't take long for the pain to go away. This doesn't mean the inflammation has completely disappeared though, and you will be wise to go easy on the area for a while even after pain has stopped.
Don't take ibuprofen as it kills the inflammation that is actually there for a reason i.e. to heal something.

Try to figure out why the issue occured in the first place. Do you have some kind of imbalance or tightness that cause you to move improperly, or haven't you been using good form?
>>
>>35955857
Thx bb
>>
>>35955781
>Isolate vs regular whey?
>Casein an hour before bed?
These are both things that MIGHT help give those extra 2% when everything else is optimized. I wouldn't worry about it. Focus on the things that really make a difference.

>4 x 10 or 5 x 5 for strength weight loss?
Honestly, not going to make a huge difference. Doing 5s will increase your maximal strength (1RM) more if that means something to you. Doing 10s is less stressful and allows you to do more work without taxing your body or CNS as much.
I say do what you like, and maybe make a switch when you get bored or things go stale.

>Is OHP supposed to be significantly lower than everything else in the big 4?
As a rule of thumb, the less total muscle is involved in a lift, the less weight you'll be able to move. And OHP uses significantly less muscle that the other 3 exercises.
That being said, if you're serious about overhead pressing you can still build up some really heavy weights over the years.

>>35955826
>How do I minimise using my hip flexors
First off, I don't see how this that anything to do with stretchmarks? Secondly, the hip flexors aren't a prime mover in neither squats nor deadlifts.

>>35955851
You'll get used to it. It's only in the beginning.

>>35955855
Ass back, knees back. Don't think about the bar at all. Don't worry about how low you get.
Just move your ass as far backwards as you can without falling over, while also keeping your knees back so your shins stay vertical. You should feel massive tension in your hamstrings. Try it now without weight.

>>35955860
Smaller deficit the less fat you have left to shed.

>>35955875
Chin-ups are pretty much your only option.
>>
>>35955881
>If you haven't been an idiot about it and just pushed through the pain for a while, it usually won't take long for the pain to go away.
Oh man, that's impossible. Like 90% of the arm positions are so painful... when I imagine adding weight to that which would only increase the pain.. wow, no.
> Do you have some kind of imbalance or tightness that cause you to move improperly, or haven't you been using good form?
I had tight bicep and chest which is why I started stretching, couldn'T even bp because of it, and it appeared out of nowhere.
Got my bench to 85kg and suddenly something happened and I couldn't bench. Could OHP, dip, barbell bicep curl, everything but bench. A few days ago, after two weeks of stretching, I got into benching again, lower weight a bit because the discomfort was still there, but it was all better. 2 sessions and suddenly one day no idea why shoulder fucked.
I have literally no idea what could've caused it.

I believe that my form was good. Both OHP and BP.

Any idea how long does it take to heal?
>>
>>35954308
This makes me feel better about my gym fuckup
>>
What do I do if I fail on my first working rep of deadlifts?

Should I deload to previous working weight and hit it, or just leave it be for this workout?

One month into SS, and I'm 80% sure this was a one time issue caused by not eating enough the last couple days, but wondering what the best thing to do this workout is
>>
>>35955916
>Secondly, the hip flexors aren't a prime mover in neither squats nor deadlifts.

I think he's talking about keeping them from growing, and thus making his stretch marks worse.

Which is stupid, granted.
>>
>>35955922
>suddenly
The reality probably is that this was something you had coming for a while. You've probably been irritating some structures inside your shoulder for some time. Unfortunately we only first realize it when it starts hurting pretty badly.
Lay off the bench pressing for a while. Don't be impatient as this kind of thing will only continue to get worse if you just power through it. If an exercise causes any discomfort, don't do it.

Since I can't diagnose you across the internet, I'm going to have to assume that it is indeed some kind of impingement.
Train the crap out of your upper back i.e. the rhomboids, the rear delts, and the entire trapezius. Make sure to hit your serratus anterior too.
Stretch your pecs major and minor, but make sure to do it in a way that doesn't further irritate your shoulder.
Study proper bench press technique. I strongly recommend Alan Thrall's video on Youtube, as pretty much everybody else does something wrong, in my opinion.
Good exercise choices for you include: overhead presses, power snatches or muscle snatches (if you have the mobility), facepulls, batwing rows, all kind of rows to the chest, rear delt flyes, prone trap raises, bottom-up kettlebell press, Turkish get-up, push-up+, broomstick dislocations, and more.

Also, you may still be able to train your chest using push-ups. Many people can still do those without pain.
>>
Am i supposed to do for example curls>curls>curls>rest>next excercise,

or all of the exercises 1 set, then rest, and then move on to the second set for all exercises?
>>
>>35956032
Finishing one exercise before moving on to the next is the norm, but you can easily alternate two exercises or more in a circuit fashion.
You can also do two exercises immediately back-to-back - this is called a superset.

The main advantage from alternating exercises is saving time. The disadvantage is that one exercise in some cases can mess with your performance on the next.

If you're new, stick to finishing one exercise before moving on to the next. You can always experiment later.
>>
My left shoulder is killing me on the bench, I've been having to skip my last 2 sets at the gym because I can't go down. The warmup is fine but as soon as I put a plate up it hurts/feels like its going to pop when I go to parallel. I tighten up my upper back and scrunch it together but I still get the pain.
>>
>>35956107
*Is there anything I can do to fix this?
>>
>>35956107
See >>35956025
>>
I'm like 175 lbs, 6'1". I also am around 16% body fat. If I were to cut to around 10% bf, would I be really tiny?
>>
What are some /fit/ things to put in tea/coffee?
>>
>>35956168
Don't put anything in your coffee.
>>
>>35956168
l-carnitine powder.
>>
>>35956168
my cawk
>>
>>35954762
Respond you fucks
>>
What TDEE calculator should I use?
>>
>>35956164
Yeah probably
you do realize that your fat% goes down as you gain muscle right? LIFT MORE
>>35954762
Shitty hormones in cheap meat ya pleb
STOP EATING SHIT
>>
>35956274
use several and take the overall average
>>
>>35956274
doesn't matter, they're all shit.
Here's what you do:
>eat what you normally eat, but count calories
>weigh yourself after a week
>for every pound you gained more than you wanted (or lost less than you wanted), add 500 cals to your daily meals, and vice versa.
>repeat adjustment every week
>>
>>35956276
Ah true. Well should I keep eating at a surplus?
>>
>>35956320
As long as the gainz are rolling in fuck yeah.

See you cut when you have something impressive to cut to.
>>
File: program.jpg (51KB, 994x218px) Image search: [Google]
program.jpg
51KB, 994x218px
>>35956025
>that this was something you had coming for a while
Yeah, I mean, that's probably more likely than it suddenly snapping out of nowhere, the problem is it never hurt at all or was uncomfortable until it just suddenly started to hurt like crazy.

I don't bench, my gym sessions are now: low bar squat, front squat and shrugs (didn't get to do shrugs today so it was just... haha).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzQ001qBZg4 here's a vid of me benching (it's the first session after stretching, still some discomfort so it was a bit worse than usual, right side is the injured one).

The funny thing is, I recently added lateral and rear delt db raises and started doing rows properly to get rid of the imbalance (my chest and bicep being too tight which was what kept me from benchpressing) and then, after a week or two of that, shit snaps. Actually, all that you recommend I recently, some 2 weeks before shoulder injury, added to my routine - more shoulder work, shrugs, facepulls, daily stretching, shoulder dislocations, everything.

I want to get into power snatch, but well, I tried it once, then for a week stopped because I want someone to check my form and am alone at the gym, and then my shoulder went shit.

Pic related, my routine.
Thanks for help.
>>
>>35954762
hormones don't pass through a human digestive system, they get obliterated on the first pass through liver otherwise you could literally roid by eating enough beef
read a fucking book you moron
>>
Any acne tips in general? I get it mostly on my back with just a little on either my neck or face. Are there any ingested medications available?
>>
Are people in gyms gay?
>>
1. Is it true average free testosterone has been on a steady decline for any age group over the past hundred years?
2. Is it mainly due to lifestyle, or are there other factors?
3. If true, can it be reverted through a change in lifestyle and without the injection of hormones?

I'd like to see any proof of the third, if it can really happen.
>>
This is more general health than /fit/, but how do you clear up red marks on your face after something has popped? Just started working out so no gains for ages but I want to be able to do something about this asap
>>
>>35957006
Yes.
It's due to environmental toxins that act similar to estrogen, and actual estrogen in the drinking water from birth control pills.
It can be reverted by avoiding those as much as possible (avoiding plastic bottles is a big one), and taking test.
>>
>>35956978
Yes. All of them.
>>
Is GHB good for gains? I see a lot of talk about and GH but some other talk saying its a good alcohol sub and sleep aid, and thats its main benefit. Its easy enough to make in garage so I'm wondering.
>>
How do I stop my preworkout clumping and being hard to scoop out? Do I just shake it up a shit load?
>>
File: cute amerindian.png (68KB, 344x512px) Image search: [Google]
cute amerindian.png
68KB, 344x512px
I need help forming a lifting routine. Note that I can only work with dumbbells as I have no partner. Can someone give me a better routine than I already have?

My routine takes a course of 3 days before restarting.

All is done in 4 sets of 8
1st Day

Chest
>Dumbbell press
>Dumbbell Flyes
>Bent Arm pullovers

Shoulders
>Arnold Press
>Lateral raise
>Upright raise

Triceps
>Standing triceps kickback
>Two Arm triceps extension
I need one more exercise for triceps

Day 2

Back
>Deadlift
>Stiff leg deadlift
>Kneeling one arm row

Biceps
>1 at a time curl
>hammer curl
>seated simultaneous curl

Abs
>Dumbbell side bend
>Crunches
>Cycling cross crunches
I'd really like better exercises for abs involving dumbbells, though I don't want to do a weighted leg raise as I feel they're dangerous and the weighted crunch feels ineffectual

Day 3

Hamstring
The exercises I have for this are shit, I need better ones involving dumbbells. Got any?

Quads
>Dumbbell Squat
I'm not sure of the difference between a deadlift and a squat when doing with dumbbells.
>Lunges
>Frog hops

Calves (This is really tedious)
>Ankle circles
>Standing dumbbell calf raise
>Knee circles

I lift weights to lose weight. I usually run 20 minutes a day, I get tired after that, so I lift weights first.

My diet is where I eat twice a day. I can only eat twice as that's how the lunch system works in my college.

For breakfast I eat a bowl of oatmeal and an omelette. If either of these aren't available then I switch it out with a bagel that has peanutbutter or cream cheese. Or a bowl of yoghurt with granola.

Breakfast usually amounts to 400- 500 calories.

Dinner I pick 1 plate and a side of salad, amounting to 400 to 500.

Thus my total calories for the day is about 1000 - 1200. Sometimes I get weak and go up to 1500. I think I can get away with this as I'm 5'6", 154 lbs. and male.

Any suggestions? All help welcome. I'm trying to reach 120 lbs before I start bulking.
>>
>>35955817
is ss really just a meme?
>>
>>35955817
Anyone have the original of that image?
>>
What grip do you prefer for front squats. I've been trying to incorporate them into my routine but I don't feel comfortable with them.

Clean grip my wrist kills me by time i'm done. If I use the cross grip it feels like the bar wobbles all over the place no matter what I do.

Tips? Videos to better explain? Any wrist exercises or anything you do to keep them flexible enough for the lift?
>>
Squatted today, fixed my form and bumped up the weight. Really had to grind out the last few reps, but kept my form together.

Then went and did bench, rows and dips. Again, bumped the weight up and all that.

On my way out, I noticed that my upper body was wrecked, but my quads, flutes and lower back all felt fine. Have I reached the point where I'm not getting leg doms anymore, or am I just not noticing it because my upper body was the more immediate ache, and distracting me from my legs?
>>
>>35958012
Obviously I can't speak for everyone but I can tell you there was this wierd feeling with the squats i've had when I was starting SL.

From about Bar --> 115 I hardly felt it (with the exception of the initial "DOMs" when I first started it.

Then 115 --->145 I started to finally feel like I was working out my legs. Then 145 --> 195 I went back to hardly feeling shit, I would sweat when I was done with my 5 sets but my muscles were fine.

Around 200 ---> 225 I started to really feel it in my quads, less so in the glutes but really hard in the quats. Now that Im over the 225 hump, I'm back to starting to feel it in my glutes again.

So not sure if this is all anecdotal, but that was my experience with squats so far.
>>
I live in Albania(god why). need belt. Most websites wont ship here. Found some on Amazon/ebay like 10 mm thick but idk if I should order. Are good belts just about thickness? Any brands you'd recommend?
>>
File: IMG_20160210_000456.jpg (724KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160210_000456.jpg
724KB, 2048x2048px
Wats my bodyfat?
>>
>>35957745
tl/dr
>>
Is it ok to increase the number of sets until I can do 3 on that weight? (i.e. 1 set one workout, 2 the next then 3) It's a slower way of doing things I know.
>>
My squat PB is 82, while my current working weight is 70. My deadlift PB is 130, and my current working weight. I'm on SL 5x5.

Why is my squat so much weaker than my deadlift?

Also I'm getting legit worried of deadlifting another 5kg next time, my lower back muscles are aching a bit now. What do you suggest I do?
>>
>>35958170
Good belts should be 10mm or thicker and the same width all the way around. Those gay belts that are thinner in the front are nearly useless. I prefer single prong, but double is fine as well.

Unless you are in a Fed - skip the lever belts. They are not very practical for day to day lifting. My personal preference is the Rogue Ohio belt or a best belts custom. I use both about an equal amount.
>>
why are barrel chests considered bad again?
>>
How many calories under maintenance should a girl eat to lose weight healthily?
5'3" 165lbs
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 300x242px
I usually sleep over at my gf's place and sometimes during the middle of the night I wake up with intense sexual cravings for her, she always obliges me so it's not like a sex deficiency thing. Like, I'll hang out with her before bed and not feel any lust, but often during sleep I'll wake up to myself feeling her up and getting ready to bang.

What's up with this?
>>
Only started lifting again on Saturday, after a long period of very limited physical activity. Really want to do cardio (jogging) as well. Is it a good idea to do this on days where I already went to the gym or not?
>>
>>35955871
>fatty's
>i

Because you're a moron
>>
>>35958701
Can't say I have much experience here. But at least do not do any exhausting cardio before lifting, that's dangerous. Warmup for whatever times are warmup for you are fine.
>>
>>35955871
Because this is the phase society is in right now, simply. You can't hurt anyone's feelings. It might change or it might get worse in the future, who knows.
>>
>>35958701
If you have energy left and are able to make up the calories burnt if you're bulking, then jogging is a great cooldown. Else maybe do it on "rest" days?
>>
>>35958701
hey man. I just started lifting again too and started doing cardio on off days, at least 1 hour of bike at good cadence (at least 80RPM). At the start you'll fight the urge to not doing it but when you actually do it you'll feel good. also heart gains and more calories to eat. It's up to you really. good luck
>>
>>35957745
>Note that I can only work with dumbbells as I have no partner.
Neither do I and I bench 85kg, squat 103 and have no safety bars whatsoever because my gym is basic as girl wearing uggs while drinking starbucks coffee
>>
how do I into keto?
>>
>>35953433
Make sure you have enough muscle before you cut. Many people find it best to bulk for a year then cut, you might consider the same unless you're already on the heavy side.
>>
>>35958247
11%
>>
>>35958630
Bump please
>>
I'm stuck on my bench and OHP really early on in SS. Should I stop doing accessories other than chinups and deload like Rip suggests?
>>
>>35953433
>Eat less keep with routine
eat less and TRY to keep with routine. Depends on how much less he actually eats.
>Eat better primarily, less fats and whatnot
less fats? lol no
>And don't expect to make strength gains
yes
>>
>>35955817
>>35957755
>SL in not a troll
>SS in absolutely a troll

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this image
>>
>>35958899
I would try upping calories first

>inb4 I'm on a cut
>inb4 I'm not trying to gain weight
>>
>>35958828
It's basically the Atkin's diet with more fat
>>
>>35958915
I got that, I need the basics though. Dos and don'ts.
>>
>>35958913
im eating 3500 kcal a day and consistently gaining 1-2 lbs per week
>>
>>35958905
well desu SL does have more balanced upper body work
>>
>>35958929
try 3750 for a week or two and see if it gets you over the hump
>>
>>35958661
You're in close proximity with her when she's in at least a partially unclothed state, shit ain't rocket surgery

>>35958701
Sure, just give yourself some time after lifting for your heart rate to chill and get some food in you in the interval as well if you want to be prudent. Also make sure you are eating enough if you're trying to gain

>>35958630
http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
Find your TDEE then subtract 500 to 700, weigh yourself every day and take your average from week to week to determine your rate and adjust

>>35958424
Squat should be weaker than deadlift to some degree, if you're running SL then your deadlift will probably plateau before your squat and then your squat will catch up
Just increase by 2kilos if you don't think you can increase by 5 and foam roll if your back is aching

>>35958418
Either do lower weight that you can do all the sets within whatever rep range you're going for or increase the rest time
Generally if you can bench a weight for 5 reps then take up to a five minute rest you can get it again for those same 5 reps

>>35958247
18-20%

>>35958012
Feeling "wrecked" immediately after lifting isn't from muscular breakdown but from glycogen depletion. How much your body aches isn't equivalent to how much the muscles have been worked don't worry about it

>>35957916
The best way for clean grip not to kill your wrists is instead of having your whole hand around the bar with it's racked on your shoulders is to just have one or two fingers there instead, requires much less wrist flexion and they serve as a mental cue for keeping your elbows up and keeping the bar stable
>>
>>35958942
>rows vs cleans
nigga get the fuck out my face
>>
Month and a half into SS, my knees hurt the day after doing heavy skwats.

What are some causes of knee pain? Thinking about it now I don't think I was warming up enough before getting underneath weight with the skwats.

Wat do?
>>
What does +1kg mean?

Example:
B Light Volume day
OHP 3x5 +1kg
Front Squat 2x5 +1kg or another squat variation (pistol, split, etc)
DB Supinating Curls 3x8-12
Triceps Pushdown 3x8-12
Rear Delts Flys 3x8-12

I got a routine from Trappy but Im too shy to ask her what those mean ;-;
Should I add 1 kg each time I do the workouts, or 1 kg per set? Or something else? Enlighten me, /fit/
>>
i'm back to the gym after a year off. i would do some week of SS just to prepare myself to an intermediate program.
1) i remember my PR, what %pr use for the first workout?
2) 5lb increase for every workout would be too much? i'm not a noob ( bench press is 1.25bw, squat 1.6 and dl 2.3) and so i won't gain strenght so fast and i don't wanna to get stuck after a week
>>
>>35959046
your form is probably shit. Make sure feet are pointed out and that your knees travel towards your toes. Don't let your knees travel beyond your toes. Get your form checked.
>>
>>35958899
Make sure your form is really solid.

Bench is hit or miss for some people but OHP can be very tricky. Make sure you form is on point
>>
>>35959046
your form is bad. Make sure you're squatting back onto your heels and not forward onto the balls of your feet.
>>
I need to consume 4300 kcal a day to gain mass. I am 6'6' 230 lb I am having trouble getting to that amount. What kind of diet/food do you guys recommend to achieve that?
>>
>>35959072
ok, thanks. I've been working on my OHP form (doing them the way Rip teaches in that art of manliness video and in the SS book) but I'll take a video and post here to make sure I'm not missing anything.
>>
>>35959064
Form has been checked, much like these dubs.

Knees go out, feet go out.

(Butt wink was pree bad, but has since been taken care of.)
>>
File: formcheck1.webm (3MB, 480x850px) Image search: [Google]
formcheck1.webm
3MB, 480x850px
>>35959075
>>35959107
>>35959072
oops
>>
How am I supposed to train once I'm having trouble progressing with a beginner's program

(add x weight on y exercise every successful repxset)
>>
>>35958899
Deload only after failing to get all your reps in for 3 days on which you do that exercise in a row
If it's early on you either started at too high a weight or aren't eating or sleeping properly

>>35958828
Have a multivitamin, just the basic adult one from Centrum or Nature Made
The majority of your caloric intake at least 60% should be from fat. Net carbs (carbs minus fiber) should start at 20 grams at the absolute MAXIMUM and decrease as necessary to enter ketosis, only eat fibrous green vegetables to get those carbs or your toilet sessions will be terrifying
Rest of caloric intake will come from protein
You can get ketosis strips that you piss on to determine whether you're in ketosis or not
Every week or other week or so have a 12 to 18 hour window of refeeding a shit ton of simple carbs if you're lifting weights to replenish glycogen

>>35959046
Form is probably fucked up should post a form check or watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs_Ej32IYgo
Not warming up can be a problem too since they're your first exercise, the book tells you the proper protocol for warming up, read it

>>35959058
Add 1kg to the amount of weight you did last time you did the exercise
The exercises without the +x kg are assistance exercises that can be done at whatever weight is comfortable to get all the volume in

>>35959059
After a year I'd clean slate try and figure out the new 5 RMs like the book tells you for your first session with each lift
Should be able to linearly increase for a long while though if you have a decent base of muscle memory built up
General rule is can take around half the time you took off to get back where you were so less than 6 months if you're working consistently

>>35959092
Peanut Butter, Milk, Bananas, on their own or put them in a sandwich with honey

>>35959140
Congratulations you get to periodize now
Read up on the Texas Method and 5/3/1 for the most popular introductions to this style of programming
>>
>>35959064
>>35959075
>>35959121
anybody?
>>
>>35959092
peanut butter + ice cream + olive oil

>>35959121
that form is pretty bad desu
>feet pretty much pointed forward
>knees going way too forward
>more good mornings than squats
>vertical video sideways
1/10 try harder
>>
>>35959187
>keto
what are some staple foods? I don't mind eating the same thing everyday, would actually prefer it since I do well sticking to a routine.
>>
>>35956590
>here's a vid of me benching
Extremely shitty form, no offense.

You have no arc in your upper back (you should attempt to point your nipples to the ceiling)
Your elbows flare out completely after the first couple of reps
You push the bar too far i.e. you lose upper back tightness in order to push the barbell as far away from you as you can, which you shouldn't. You need to learn how to straighten your arms without letting your shoulder blades slide apart.
>>
>>35959195
>feet pretty much pointed forward
at 30degrees senpai, more out? idk man, i tried that and it felt weird/bad
>knees going way too forward
I'm sorry I have shit proportions
>more good mornings than squats
>>hit below parallel
>>lowbar
>vertical video sideways
i actually have tried and failed at fixing this, you got me
>>
>>35959187
Thanks, I've dodged it because the text was long.

Should I do this even though only my bench and deadlift are reaching maximum potential for a beginners program? OHP stalling is a classic, but my squats are currently gaining again because I recently had a knee injury that only really bothered my squats.
>>
Been lifting for about a year and I can generally do 30 lb for isolated movements (eg bicep curl) and 110 on compound movements (eg bench press). Is that sort of ratio normal or do I need to step up my curl game?
>>
>>35959231
>i tried that and it felt weird/bad
it should, lifting shouldn't feel "comfortable"

>I'm sorry I have shit proportions
this has nothing to do with it, stop making excuses
>>hit below parallel
>>lowbar
you can still do this without turning the squat into a good morning.

you asked for advice, stop defending your shit form. Or fuck off and go back to blowing out your knees.
>>
>>35959270
110 bench is pretty shit for a year. Though I suppose that depends on your sets and reps.
>>
Are belts and straps cheating? I failed my last rep on my deadlift today because my grip gave in.
>>
>>35959270
those are pathetic numbers for lifting for a year
>isolated movements
>curls
please read the sticky and do a proper beginner routine
>>
>>35959304
Belt and strap DL are separate category of deadlifts when talking stats. Other than that it depends on what your goals are.
>>
>>35959331
Okay stats wise, whatever. I just want to do my 1x5 on my SS. Maybe belt is too much but I can't imagine strap is that bad? It's not supporting your form after all.
>>
>>35959304
it's not cheating, but you would probably be better off working towards not needing them. In other words, work on your grip strength, not avoiding it.
>>
>>35959353
>It's not supporting your form after all.
you'll be losing strength gains on your forearms and grip. Not worth it if you ask me. Try a hook grip first and adding grip strength exercises. You shouldn't be using a strap until you're well above 3plate.
>>
>>35959353
a belt is less of a problem than the straps in terms of the muscles it works
>>
I wobble like a retard when I walk, run etc. Minor knock knees. What cardio machine will have me wobble the least?
>>
>>35959220
Red meat of any kind, Pork of any variety, Duck/Chicken/Turkey, Spinach, Bell Peppers have a fucking great nutrient profile, Cheese of any kind, EGGS and don't you dare throw the yolk away
Macadamia nuts are expensive but a great way to get extra fat grams when you feel full which you will constantly because of how satiating that level of fat intake is
Also any alcohol at all can kick you out of ketosis and some zero calorie sugar replacements can as well

>>35959268
"Maximum potential" for a linear program varies from person to person
Generally as long as you can progress linearly you should do it as it's miles more effective than having to periodize
If you want you can do something like 5/3/1 and just linearly increase the main lifts that you still can while periodizing the ones that need it, but that becomes complicated quickly
Maybe just run SS to allow your squats to gain back while keeping the stalled lifts at their plateaued weights or only trying to increase them every third time you do them for example

>>35959270
If your bodyweight is 80 pounds sure, it sounds like you're just fucking around though
If you want to be stronger follow a program that will guide you in doing so

>>35959304
They are only "cheating" if you're training to powerlift raw. That said there are many benefits to building up core and grip strength and they shouldn't be used willy nilly.
If grip strength is your limiting factor on deadlifts use chalk, then mixed grip, then lastly straps in order of severity of additional grip help needed
It's stupid for your grip to keep your deadlifts on the ground so use what you need to move the weight, but at least use your bare hands for your warm up weights
>>
>>35959386
I'm using overhand grip. Maybe I should do mixed before going to straps or as the anon above said just work on my grip strength.
I just failed retarded failing my DL because of the grip.
>>
>>35959230
>no offense.
offense taken, gonna sue your bitchass ass bitchass faggot nigger
jk, lol
anyway
I do arch my upper back, maybe the video is not really showing it but I really do, I lay down, shoulderblades together, get fixed and then raise butt, flex my cheeks for firm foundation and then bring my ass up to my torso as if, creating arch and getting tight
I know about the elbows, again, as I said this was first session after I got into it and there was still discomfort, I was very afraid not to fuck my shit up
I often feel benchpress in my lats, which I think is a sign of good form and elbow positioning.
But you are right about losing tightness.
I'll make another video when I can, I think that my pre-injury form was pretty solid - I felt it in my chest, my lats, my triceps and biceps, all the good spots. I was solid, my elbows didn't flare, this much I am sure of as I would always go down very slowly, controlling every moment.
>>
>>35959414
stationary bicycle

>>35959421
USE A FUCKING HOOK GRIP. Don't do mixed grip yet, holy fucking shit.
>>
>>35959295
>lifting shouldn't feel "comfortable"
>stop making excuses
>>just because my offhand, minimalist input doesn't mesh with what you're experiencing doesn't give you the right to offer any ancillary information or contradict

Nah, you're being a cunt and not helpful.

>wants me to keep knees from moving forward
>without turning the squat into a goodmorning
>while hitting below parallel
>lowbar
>with long proportions
>and novice ankle mobility

You don't see how this might seem a little contradictory?

I understand my form isn't perfect, that's why I'm here.
>>
>>35959441
>USE A FUCKING HOOK GRIP. Don't do mixed grip yet, holy fucking shit.
Wow anon, okay. I'll use the hook grip.
>>
>>35959441
Not the guy who asked but what's wrogn with mixed grip?
>>
>friends starting lifting
>one of them does 10 (squat, OHP, deadlift) x4
>Ask why he doesn't 5x5 each exercise
>he says that it takes a lot of time.

Is he right ?
I tought resting between each set is like 1,5 min
>>
>>35959449
>excuses from someone blowing out their knees
why even come here for help then? you just want an easy fix.

>wants me to keep knees from moving forward
>without turning the squat into a goodmorning
>while hitting below parallel
>lowbar
>with long proportions
>and novice ankle mobility
excuse after excuse after excuse

I never said don't keep your knees from moving forward, I said they're travel well past your toes, they shouldn't.

You're extending your legs before you left your body, pretty much making it a good morning, It being lowbar and hitting below parallel (which you aren't btw) has nothing to do with it. Having "long proportions" is another excuse. And "novice ankle mobility"? Ok bud, stick to your perfect form, you're doing great.
>>
Hungry skeleton here, just started lifting with linear progression. Been stalling hard even early on. What do?
>>
>>35959512
dangerous if you bend your arms while lifting.
you can easily snap your bicep
>>
>>35959512
mixed grip, like with straps, should really only be used for HEAVY weights. Like when you're reaching the limit of SS. If you're sub 3plate, you probably shouldn't be using it. Also, if you don't know what you're doing, you're gonna blow out your bicep.
>>
>>35959518
10x4 vs 5x5 because of time sounds stupid. Sounds like he doesn't know what he's doing and he's wasting his time.
>>
>>35959533
How is your diet?
>>
>>35959533
eat more. What is your diet like? How many calories? how much protein?
>>
>>35954089
Really would appreciate help on this topic.
>>
>>35959537
>>35959535
Usually only go for overhand during warmup sets, and only mixed for the working set of 5. Currently 10kg below 3plate. But I'm manlet at 63kg.

Also I can't imagine how I could fuck up a bicep, literally just keeping arms straight. But I guess I could just be retarded atm
>>
Will milk give me gyno/moobs? I love the stuff but I've heard it's closer productive to aesthetics.
>>
>>35959604
because people do stupid things when they're in the process of lifting heavy weights. You're in the moment and all you're trying to do is lift that weight, and if you're struggling, form goes out the window, common sense goes out the window, and before you know it, you're trying to curl with that one arm and then you hear the loudest snap you're ever going to hear.
>>
File: ffks.jpg (135KB, 736x721px) Image search: [Google]
ffks.jpg
135KB, 736x721px
>>35959578
>>35959564
Around 2800-3200kcal, but brotein is lacking. Could that be it?
>>
>>35959604
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw
>>
>>35959640
make sure you're actually eating that much. And how lacking is your protein?
>>
>>35959519
>why even come here for help then? you just want an easy fix.
>excuse after excuse after excuse
>>anything that you say that contradicts something i say is an excuse. whether you are wrong or right is irrelevant to this fact.

I don't know what your obsession with 'excuses' is about, but it's not helping anybody. I'm not going to fix my form by 'just getting over it' or 'trying harder'. If I didn't care I wouldn't still be asking you for advice, even though you're a total cunt.

>extending your legs before you left your body
I don't know what this means. I assume you mean I'm extending legs before changing the back angle; how much does this matter? The weight isn't changing, even if I compartmentalize the movements, right? Honest question.

More relevant, how does this affect knees?

>I said they're travel well past your toes, they shouldn't

What's causing this and how do I fix it?
>>
>>35959670
I`m 6`1 and 140lb, getting around 100g of protein a day.
>>
>>35959654
> 0.50

Jesus Christ what a retard.
>>
>>35959654
>>35959637
Well shit. Gonna have to look into this. How long does it take to recover from that?

also
>that guy doing compound curls
>>
>>35959709
yeah, I would try an extra 40g of protein

>>35959707
here's your (You). I didn't bother reading your bullshit.
>>
>>35959753
Will try to make up with whey. Thanks
>>
File: 1439532540840.jpg (36KB, 488x410px) Image search: [Google]
1439532540840.jpg
36KB, 488x410px
>>35959753
>yeah, you don't care and don't want to get better
>no i do, help
>here's your (You). I didn't bother reading your bullshit.
>>
>>35959414
Erging (row machine) is fucking awesome

>>35959518
Just so you know 10x4 means ten sets of 4 reps
I dunno if you meant that or 4 sets of 10
Either way that's a shit ton of volume for main lifts that you should be doing heavy
Resting between sets at 1.5 mins is fine for beginners but for heavy squatting/deadlifting/benching you will find yourself taking more time as the weight goes up and that's fine

>>35959533
Probably eat more, what is the rate you're gaining weight at?

>>35959585
Okay so first off when moving to an intermediate program using "projected" 1RMs is a bad idea.
Take a couple days to test your actual 1RMs so you have concrete numbers to work from
What program are you moving on to? Most intermediate programs give you percentages to work from
What you can do if they don't is this: Take 90 % of your actual 1RM that you found out this will be your "working" 1RM, then plug in various weights for 8 reps on strength standards until you find out what 8 rep weight has that "working" 1RM and you should be able to do sets of 8 at that weight reasonably
Again though stuff that's programmed at 4x8 in intermediate programs are assistance stuff so you can just go by feel after completing your main lifts just to get the extra volume in without compromising those main lifts

>>35959604
That's absolutely fine
If you want to be incredibly safe with your biceps then make absolutely sure all slack is pulled out of the bar before your pull and make the mental cue to "turn your elbows out" this helps keep your biceps from flexing
And do barbell curls at the end of deadlift day, doesn't have to be heavy it's just prehab

>>35959631
Milk is a great way to get extra calories in without filling you up. Don't worry about the moobs shit, no strong research behind it for pasteurized cows milk, if you want to gain weight the utility of milk is too good to pass up if you're not lactose intolerant
Soy milk on the other hand avoid like the plague
>>
Whenever I spend more than 10 minutes walking out and about on campus the fronts of my calves start getting sore/strained. Is it just because lack of frequent cardio or the way I walk or something else?
>>
>>35959741
you need to go after surgeon, a friend of mine snap his bicep on a dl, expect 6+ months without dl/heavy lifting
>>
>>35959837
Thanks very much for the thorough answer!
>>
>>35959707
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy28eq2PjcM

>What's causing this and how do I fix it?
you're leaning forward and not sticking your ass out enough.

>how much does this matter?
a lot since you're leaning forward. Doesn't matter if it's a lowbar squat or you're below going parallel, you really shouldn't be leaning forward. Keep your chest up. Part of the reason your knees go past your toes.
>>
>>35959707
Not the dude you're arguing with but here
>extending your legs before...
He means that you are letting your knees come forward at an unnatural rate compared to hamstring flexion, think more about sitting back first then your legs lowering to accommodate only when your hamstrings require them to

>toe travel shit
Hamstring inflexibility, possible ankle inflexibility but much less of a factor
Use deficit SLDLs to work on that and foam roll the underside of your leg after every squat day

>>35959872
By the fronts of your calves do you mean your shins or your actual calves?
Just sounds like you're doing more walking around than you're used to but heel striking while walking can cause that pain
As long as it's not a sharp pain it's not a technique problem that is worrisome
>>
>>35959872
let me guess, you're overweight, yes?
>>
My new job requires me to be at home between 9am-6/8pm most days, during the day, I might get a 5-15 minute break every few hours.

Question is, Would it be acceptable to do a warm up, and work on a muscle group for these 15 minutes.

Example would be..

9am Start Work
9:45 - 15 Minute Break (Warm up, and 3x8 set of OHP)
10:45 - 15 Minute Break (Warm up, and 3x8 set of Side Lats/Front Raises)

This might go on for most of the day.
>>
>>35959953
no
>>
>>35959837
Milk anon here. So relieved, thanks man.
>>
So I've got my hands on a bottle of Yohimbine HCL capsules.

I did a lot of research on YHCL but I still can't figure out how to change my diet.

I thought about fasting until I'm done with my daily dosage of YHCL, then wait for about 4 hours and then eat (at a caloric deficit of course) just how I normally would - while still getting enough protein. Do I really have to do Low-Carb or go for Keto if I fast till evening anyway?
>>
File: rip.png (230KB, 432x393px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
230KB, 432x393px
>>35953341
18 old, what should i focus mainly on?
also, how can i better my posture / symmetry , pic related is me when i tried to stand straight, i was so sure i would be straight...
>>
>>35959891
Thank you, anon
>>
>>35960058
>18 old, what should i focus mainly on?
strength

>also, how can i better my posture / symmetry
don't stand up straight by trying to straighten your back, stand up straight by taking a huge breath. When you sit down, sit down with your ass/lower back up against the back of the seat.
>>
>>35959953
Just work out prior to 9am
Or after 8pm
Just put your full focus on lifting whenever you do it and not just work it in between doing the fuck else you have to do

>>35960033
You're not exactly running DNP dude you're overthinking it a lot
Just eat at a caloric deficit, Intermittent fasting in addition to Yohimbine has its merits but not necessary by a long shot neither is "low-carb", fucking stupid, either eat enough carbs to be able to lift properly or go full keto

>>35960058
You're a blank fucking canvas, start on a full body novice routine and eat and sleep plenty, posture doesn't look too bad but can't tell without seeing your spinal curvature from the side
>>
I strict press 70kg but bench only 85kg

You literally cant make this up.
>>
>>35960250
First of all thanks for your answer!

If I take my daily dose in the morning at 6 AM before my cardio and I'll fast till 4 PM, I can spike my insulin up as much as I want right?

I know I might put too much thought into this, but I really want to get as much out of Yohimbine as possible.
>>
I'm looking to add swimming to my workout to have cardio that I enjoy doing.

Does anyone have any experience or tips successfully incorporating this?

Also does anyone know of a decent source for routines or general swimming information? Google just seems to send me to magazine websites.
>>
I'm 5'7" 135 lbs with ~20% BF, and would like to get down to 12% ASAP. Is SS the best routine to be on / is there anything wrong with my diet? Eating TDEE (2000 calories) on lift days and 300-400 lower than TDEE (1400) on rest days. Lifts have been progressing decently well, but I'm not sure if SS is compatible with my goals.

Over the course of the past 5 weeks (5 rep working set):
Squat: 85 lbs --> 155 lbs
DL: 155 lbs --> 245 lbs
OHP: 45 lbs --> 80 lbs
BP: 45 lbs --> 85 lbs
>>
File: me.png (283KB, 457x517px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
283KB, 457x517px
You guys think my genetics are good enough for me to get aesthetic as fuck? Is zyzz mode possible even tho I'm 5'6 manlet? Just started lifting before January.
>>
>>35960364
SS is a strength program. Part of SS is to eat a lot to gain weight to feed the strength and muscle growth. Let me say this simply: YOU CANNOT NOT MAKE SIGNIFICANT STRENGTH GAINS AND LOSE A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT AT THE SAME TIME. If you want to reduce your bf, you have to lose weight. You can't lose fat and build muscle at the same time, not within a reasonable period of time. Focus on one or the other. If your goal is to lose weight, SS is not ideal for that. You can and should do the exercises, but don't expect to keep on gaining strength. If your goal is to gain strength and build muscle, SS is perfect for that, but your diet is working against you. If your goal is to gain strength and muscle mass and to reduce body fat, you have an unrealistic goal unless you're willing to wait ten years to see any progress.
>>
File: 513X9FNy+eL (1).jpg (38KB, 321x500px) Image search: [Google]
513X9FNy+eL (1).jpg
38KB, 321x500px
no pushup thread. rolling for pushup thread. official 3 digits, 500 max though
>>
>>35960537
reroll
>>
>>35960435
Fair enough, I won't get too discouraged when these gains stall out. Thanks.
>>
>>35960296
Not a ridiculous ratio between the lifts if you have relatively stronger shoulders

>>35960332
Sure, no problems with that, drink water at least though in that fasting interval

>>35960361
Swimming is fucking great
With swimming I think it's best to work on just spending time in the water first, getting basic technique down, getting acclimated
Then start going for certain distances, counting laps, progressing in that manner
Lastly you can start optimizing varying distances for time and trying to improve in that way

>>35960364
Your lifts will progress a little while lifting on a deficit because you're very much in that novice zone
However after a point your lifts will become much more difficult while on a deficit so if losing is your goal focus on losing and don't worry about your lifts increasing
Realize that you should focus on one goal at a time and do it with complete focus

>>35960433
You aren't disabled physically in any way and have all your limbs, yup you can get aesthetic
Just stay consistent over time
>>
>>35953341
i can sit figure four with left leg across right easily, but it's hard for me to do it vice versa.

Is this from tight hip flexor?
>>
Where the shit did the DNP generals go?
I wanted to check up on supplement dosages in the pastebin but I don't see the yellow death anywhere in the catalog

Did the mods finally crack down on suicide?
>>
>>35960682
Aight, thanks man!
>>
What programs or type of working out do you recommend for someone looking to lose weight and maintain muscle? Are complex lifting programs the best, at least with the understanding that you will eventually stall slightly earlier because of deficit eating?

Or should you focus on more of a split? I'm relatively strong, if a bit fat and looking to lose about 40 lbs or so. Obviously diet is the biggest factor in that but what do you recommend/like for cutting as much fat as possible.
>>
>>35960763
P S M F

S

M

F
>>
>>35959915
In retrospect, shins would have been more appropriate. I do have a history of wearing down the heel of my shoes before anything else, so it's likely a combination of lack of frequent walking/running and the way I walk. Cheers.
>>35959934
175 cm and 62kg
>>
>>35960778
That's a diet and less of a workout program. Honestly, I have looked into that and while I might be able to stick with it for a week or maybe even two its not a really a long term solution for me, I just don't see it as a long term fix, just a short term one.
>>
Is it bad to drink alcohol before having blood drawn? Before the fasting period, obviously.
>>
>>35960763
Focus on your diet primarily
Do something without a ton of ancillary volume that allows you to move heavy weight that incentivizes maximum muscle retention while losing weight
Something like a 5/3/1 recovery schema without any plugins or Candito's 6 week can be cycled as well
40 lbs will take you some time to lose so just it has to be an amount of volume that won't wear you down over time while keeping the weight heavy enough

>>35960906
Depends how long before
In general yes, shit gets out of wack in your blood while filtering the alcohol out
>>
File: draghismile.jpg (41KB, 596x350px) Image search: [Google]
draghismile.jpg
41KB, 596x350px
mfw I started drinking my shakes with a bit of cocoa powder and it tastes godlike

any reason not to add like one spoon?
>>
File: 1454634916479.jpg (70KB, 699x698px) Image search: [Google]
1454634916479.jpg
70KB, 699x698px
are front deltoid raises worthless?
>>
>>35960824
Rfl brah.
Get a jump start on diet.

Works great if you follow what Lyle says.
>>
File: anonisconcerned.png (40KB, 287x343px) Image search: [Google]
anonisconcerned.png
40KB, 287x343px
Do Glucosamine Chondroitin pills expire?

As in, are they still going to be any use? Ican't find an expiry date on the bottle.
>>
>>35961065
>any reason not to add like one spoon?

I dunno anon, do you HATE making GAINS?
>>
Does doing daily pushups and sit ups actually do anything? Or would I be better off doing weighted exercises? I'm on the skinny side.
>>
>>35961065
You wild and crazy guy, go for it

>>35961186
Not worthless as an isolation exercise but if you're benching and pressing heavy then they won't hit anything you aren't already

>>35961236
Efficacy has probably flatlined depending on how old they are

>>35961336
It'll make you good at doing pushups and situps and not much else
If you want to get big and strong you should do resistance training, it's a lot easier to progressively overload
>>
I did something wrong while squatting but I don't want to talk about that right now.

My left knee is fucking killing me. The pain is like a throbbing, feels like it's right under the kneecap with some pain extending just above.

Right after squatting the pain wasn't as bad but I tried foam rolling all over my leg to reduce the pain and it didn't help.

I tried icing and it hasn't helped thus far.

NSAID's don't seem to help the pain.

Things didn't get any better after a good night's rest.

There's no swelling or bruising. I had little idea it would get this bad while I was doing squats.

Only thing that feels good is laying down with my leg straight, every other position hurts from a little to a whole lot.

It has been about 24 hours now and the pain has only gotten worse. No visible symptoms.

Anyone have any idea what exactly is wrong with my knee and if I have any hope of the pain subsiding anytime soon?
>>
push/pull or upper/lower
>>
I'm fairly new to fitness and I'm wondering what the best way is to do warming ups.
Yes I read the sticky, it recommends cardio but /fit/izens often say different things.

Starting with light weights? Running on a treadmill? what do you recommend?
>>
>>35960094
Thanks, any routines you recomend? also should i bulk or just eat as i normaly would? also what routine should i workout 2? i use my bicycle for about 5-10km everyday
>>
File: 629674697.jpg (370KB, 1856x2784px) Image search: [Google]
629674697.jpg
370KB, 1856x2784px
5ft 3

Is it possible to go from 196lbs to looking like this? Would I need surgery to remove extra skin?
>>
>>35961631
Depend on how young you are and how long you were a whale for. Also depends on genetics.

>tldr: lose weight and find out
>>
>>35960250
canvas boy here, thanks for reply! any routines you recommend? im a semi dedicated lifter, and i use my bike pretty much every day 30min-hour of hard leg work
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-10-13-47-53.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-10-13-47-53.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>tfw fell for the SS meme
>legs are beyond powerful
>constantly sore
Whats a good MWF routine to get my upper bod to catch up?
>>
>>35961487
Sounds like you should actually go to a doctor to get it checked out
It might be okay in time but there will probably be some underlying problem you should begin treating now

>>35961515
HeavyUpper HeavyLower rest Power/Hypertrophy/WhateverUpper Power/Hypertrophy/WhateverLower rest rest

>>35961524
Move the weight through the same range of motion you want to do just far lighter i.e. squat/bench/row the empty bar, then add so you're 30% between empty bar and working weight do some reps, add so that you're 60% between empty bar and working weight do some reps, then do your working weight sets

>>35961631
Over time you can have tightening especially if you're young but you will probably have some leftover skin that might need surgery
It really depends from person to person but only one way to find out for certain, keep going until you hit your goal weight

>>35961777
Read the sticky and follow any of the novice routines: Starting Strength, Phrak's version of the Greyskull LP, and Candito's Linear program are all very balanced and simple for newbies
Note that biking and squatting are far different when it comes to leg work coming from a dude that did road cycling in college so don't be discouraged when you first try squatting properly and that your cycling may suffer a bit when you start resistance training your legs

>>35961919
Phrak's version of the Greyskull LP, you can even do like lighter front squats or overhead squats on the Friday day instead of back squats for variety and CNS rest
>>
>>35954918
>gain over 2lbs in one day
>+7,000 calories on top of TDEE

Absolute madman
>>
>>35962013
>>35954918
>what is water retention due to excess sodium

wew lads, do you even lift
>>
>>35954843
Family bucket is how much?
I eat the 8 piece bucket sometimes while cutting, I just don't eat anything else the rest of the day.
It's like 300-400 calories per piece, so it's really no biggie unless you're a skeleton or manlet, in which case just eat less the day before and the day after
Counting calories makes binging an ez problem to solve
>>
>>35962047
I actually just looked it up since I know you 'Muricans have freakishly huge poultry because of all the b12 and heavy lifting you give them, but here in Denmark it's only 233 kcal/piece on average.

This is like a Christmas present, but better.
>>
is getting from 22% bodyfat to 15% bf in the space of a year really slow progress? because thats how long it's has taken me, do i have low thyroid or something
>>
anyone have the squats oclock image with the dude spilling his coffee saying im gonna be late?
>>
Lads I suddenly woke up today with this sharp pain on one side of my tailbone when I squat or tense glutes together. What the fuck caused it? Paibful as fuck desu
>>
>>35962404
Took me 3 years to go from 30 to 22, gained it all back in a few months. Just be persistent. The worst possible outcome is not to have slow progress, but lose it.
>>
File: activitylevels.png (123KB, 1002x264px) Image search: [Google]
activitylevels.png
123KB, 1002x264px
I'm trying to define my activity level. I sit all day long (student) and just buy groceries once every two days. I train 6x a week, 3 days of high cadence spinning at around 70% HRMax and 3 days of lifting.

Which one would you choose for me? I'm torn between sedentary lifestyle and light active
>>
My job is extremely taxing, physically. What should I be doing to cope? Thought I'd get used to it, but it's been two months already.
>>
>>35953341

I tried some oatmeal.

It is quite possibly the most horrible thing I have ever put in my mouth. It feels like I'm eating vomit or pre-chewed food or something.

How do you people stomach this stuff?
>>
>>35953389
Salmon is brilliant, but it can be a bit expensive to eat every day. Generally fish, is god tier food, tho.

One of my favorite cheap meals is brown rice, with broccoli, onion, green peas, lentils and canned tuna. Stir it with some curry paste and sour cream, delicious. You can freeze it in portion plastic bags (pack it a bit flat and wide in the bags), then you can take it right out of the freezer, strip the bag and toss it in the pan on medium heat when you want some.
>>
>>35962805
I hope you make it with milk and not water... Also, ad a pinch of salt, a teaspoon on vanilla sugar (the stuff with real vanilla in it) and toss some dried berries and chopped nuts in there. Banana slices is pretty good in it too.
>>
What is a good weight for me?
Currently ~179 lbs
5 feet 11 inches tall
>>
Is the fact that one of my breasts is noticeably larger than the other definitive proof that I have gyno as opposed to fat being distributed to the chest area?

When fat is stored in the chest area, is it possible for it to be done so unevenly?
>>
>>35958661
Sleeping beauty syndrome look it up
>>
When do I take creatine? Before, during, or after?
>>
Hey guys, I need a little help about my diet, I don't know if I'm doing it right.
This is what I eat:

>Breakfast at 08:00 AM: 40 grs of oat with water
>Morning Snack at 10:30 AM: 2 slices of whole wheat bread with 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of turkey ham or low sugar marmalade instead.
>Lunch at 13 PM: 120-130 grs of meat or chicken or turkey with vegetables and salads. I also eat whole wheat rice 1x week and whole wheat pasta 1x week.
>Desert: low fat yoghurt
>Snack at 16:30 PM: 1 piece of fruit (apple or peach)
>Pre gym snack at 18 PM: another piece of fruit
>Dinner at 20:30 PM: tuna/chicken/meat with salads.
> 2 to 3 its of pure water during the day.

On weekends I eat the same but I repeat rice or eat some potatoes.

Exercise:
>Monday-Wednesday-Friday: Lifting Routine + 20 min of cardio = 60 min
> Saturdays: 60 min cardio
What do you guys think, am I doing it right? Am I eating enough? Am I eating too much?

Thanks!
>>
>Was 304lbs december of 2014
>Down to 250lbs now literally just eating healthy-ish and doing some jogging and heavy bag boxing in my home gym
>want to actually start seriously getting fit as fuck but also want to gain muscle as well

so /fit/ my question is should I start doing cardio and mixing in weightlifting doing like SS or something or should I lose the fat first then try lifting which is easier?
>>
>>35962805
1 cup of oats, 2 cups milk.
Medium heat.
Stir that shit after 5 or so minutes, continue stirring for 10 minutes or so to make sure the oats dont stick to the bottom of the pot.
stir in 3TBsp of honey, sprinkle cinnamon and then mash up a ripe banana and throw it in that.
Add blueberries if you want but a banana makes me stomach eating oatmeal.
>>
what width should I take for barbell curls?

What is better to emphasize, the long head or short head of bicep?
>>
>Pretty out of shape, pick up swimming 3 days/week (MWF)
>Sore almost before the first lap is over every time, even after a good month of sticking to it
>Skip last Wednesday and Friday for unrelated reasons, figure at least I won't be sore next time
>Even after a 7 day break I'm sore just like with 1 rest day

It's nothing too bad, I can just push through it, but I'm a little worried I'm not getting adequate rest and might hurt myself

Is this normal? Should I slow down until I get more used to it or just keep going?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-10-12-14-48.png (89KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-10-12-14-48.png
89KB, 540x960px
Fugg brehs help.
>>
Just started lifting yesterday. I have 70 pounds on my bench and incline as my 5RM. Gym doesn't have a deadlift spot so I can't measure that. Alright start for a 5'10 170 skinnyfat or am I behind?
>>
What would be a good set of complementary exercises for Strong Lifts or Starting Strength?
>>
I'm going to do face pulls for the first time today.

Where do you do them? The cable row machine?
>>
Should I feel sore after every workout?

The first time I went to the gym I did chest exercises with dumbbells and cables and my tits were aching for 4 or more days afterwards.

After that I had a session with a fitness instructor and he set me up a program which involved a bunch of bodyweight exercises. I felt exhausted but I didn't really feel it in my muscles.
>>
My gym (it's at my job so I really don't want to switch) has only as single smith machine, a few olympic barbells with barely any room to use them (no cleans, probably not deads), a full set of barbells, and some circuit machines. I just need a routine good enough to keep me from losing muscle while on PSMF. Advice?
>>
Should I slow down the increases afer each workout on my DL and Squat if they're disproporionately higher than my OHP, Row and BP?
>>
>>35953859
HOLY FUC
>>
>>35953341
This is likely a retarded question but should I be taking Whey protein powder on rest days or only when I'm lifting and not cardio?
>>
CAN I BRING CREATINE INTO AUSTRALIA?
>>
>>35959121
>>35959231
>>35959449
>asks for criticism
>becomes hostile the moment someone tries to help
Didn't know we are Deviant Art now.
>>
>>35963876
at least you know its retarded
whey is food. You drink it if you need to hit your protein requirements for the day, which are the same whether you're lifting or doing cardio
>>
>>35963325
show her dat bbc
>>
my upper body lifts are severely lagging behind my legs. Should I switch from SS to GSLP for the remainder of my linear gains? 85 lb OHP 130 lb bench 200 squat 245 dl. Or is that a normal ratio?
>>
>>35964043
should also note that the three sets of heavy squats a week are starting to get pretty taxing
>>
to preface this, yes I am indeed a retard.
That out of the way, how do I stop myself from going through with a rep when my form is bad? Sometimes during heavy squats my back falls forward and i just insist on pushing it up anyway and now theres a mild soreness in my lower back. Really not trying to take a trip to snap city here but adrenaline always yells at me to push the weight up anyway,
>>
Hey guys, I'm going to start lifting but there's one thing

I have like a weak back

Like legit, after a shift I just want to sit down because my back is like hey buddy let's not stand anymore

if I do like superman's on my rest days am I good?
>>
I don't understand macros. I know I need about 3000 calories a day but...

What is the proper ratio for a bulk?
>>
>>35962732
Slightly active seems like a happy medium accommodating for your level of lifting/cycling and sitting around as a student

>>35962740
Few things you can do better than getting high quality sleep, black out your room, put on white noise if that helps, avoid screens for at least 30 minutes before going to bed, keep your room cool

>>35962805
You don't buy those shitty packets of oatmeal filled in with sugar. Get rolled "old fashioned" oats, cook in milk or water, add fruit/yogurt/peanut butter

>>35962884
Depends on your goals, get bigger if you want to get bigger, get leaner if you want to be leaner, there's no perfect number for your height

>>35962968
Yeah it's uncommon but possible, I wouldn't get too worried about it until you lost weight and got decently lean and it still favored storage of the very little remaining fat unevenly

>>35963042
Anytime, you don't cycle it you just take it or don't take it

>>35963069
You seem to have a good habit of keeping track of all the shit you're eating which is good. I have no idea what your goals are with this diet, where you are weight wise and where you want to go
Eat more if you aren't gaining weight and want to, eat less if you aren't losing weight and want to

>>35963082
Never wait to lose weight to start lifting, start now. If you've never lifted before you can even gain some strength and muscle while losing weight. Just don't let your main goal of losing weight out of focus, the lifting is just an accessory for now.

>>35963146
Shoulder width or a little inside or outside according to your own comfort
Barbell curls don't emphasize either head unless you hold it extremely close or apart

>>35963194
I don't think you're pushing yourself to a horrible extent and the wonderful thing about swimming is that you can't sprain your leg or anything
Try and get better quality sleep if you can't get more hours, follow the tips I gave further up in this comment
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.