[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Health

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: dry-socket wisdom teeth.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
dry-socket wisdom teeth.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
> Just got all 4 wisdom teeth removed
> Doesn't hurt too bad
> Only worry is dry socket
Anyone know how to prevent this? I'm already doing no straw
> I'm worried if I eat any real food I'll fuck this up for myself
> Food trapped in there and shit
> Don't want to lose any of my precious bulk gains
What foods are safe? Anyone else get this done? What's the healing time? What speeds this up?
>>
>>35947767
>dry socket
wut?
I started eating again normally again after 3 days. Make sure you drink enough and don't chew "too close" to the wound. You'll be fine.
>>
I was eating KFC an hour after getting four removed. Stupid? Probably. But if the sutures are tight you'll be fine.
>>
>>35947767
I just made stuff that would be good after a trip through the blender and only ate blended up food for a few days.

Shrimp and grits
Loaded potatoes
>>
>>35947767
Just eat soft foods for a few days and mouthwash after every meal. You can even smoke weed if you have mouthwash afterwards and drink lots of water.
It's really not that bad.
>>
>>35947767
Dentist here, first of all your dentist is a hack for removing all 4 at the same time, nowdays it's considered best to remove only the teeth on same side at most, maybe even only one per visit. Also didn't he tell you what to eat and do afterwards? What kind of shithole clinic do you visit?

Anyway don't drinn or eat for 2 hours afterwards, then only cold soft food for rest of the day. Don't spit, don't suck on the wounds, don't rinse your mouth with anything. You're supposed to let the blood clot fill the empy sockets.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-06-07-11-31-26.png (900KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-06-07-11-31-26.png
900KB, 720x1280px
>>35947792
Dry Sockets are nasty fuckers, I should have explained:
> Dry socket can occur three to four days after an adult tooth is removed. The blood clot that should form after removal is dislodged or dissolved before the wound heals, exposing underlying bone and nerves.
Basically you swallow the forming scab and have straight bone and nerve showing where the tooth is, say good bye to foods like rice and your pain free life for weeks/months

> Pic is me
Opportunity for a micro bulk?
Will 3 days bedrest/ensure protein drinks be enough?
>>
>>35947827
Seems like the alcohol in mouthwash would be bad for the wound healing and dry everything out.
>>
>>35947839
really ? lol, my doc never explained that to me. Right after the op he just said that I should keep biting on that cotton piece to put pressure on the wound. Other than that, drink and only eat soft stuff for a few days. You are overreacting right now.
>>
File: 1284603917352.jpg (31KB, 154x154px) Image search: [Google]
1284603917352.jpg
31KB, 154x154px
Green text
On phone so no real greeb (dealwithit.png)

Got wisdom teeth removed 2years ago
3 weeks later its valentines day
Take chubby qt gf to seafood restaurant
Fuck it - I order a huge plater with crab legs, oyster, shrimp, ect
Numb on percoset pills, feel nothing

1 week later, run out of pain pills
Develop dry sockets Fri night
Can't see doc until Tuesday for more pain pills
Worst pain IV ever experienced in my life

DONT GET DRY S OCKETS
DONT EAT CRAB 3 WEEKS AFTER OPERATION
DONT RUN OUT OF PERCOSET
>>
>>35947837
He didn't tell me any of that shit, he just said no straw! I've been spitting and drinking water like a mouthed fucker!
> is it OK to leave gauze in there for a few hours after?
> I grind my teeth when I sleep, will that hurt the healing process?
>>
>>35947850
Fine, use organic raw honey and warm water.
The honey helps with wound healing, and is anti-microbial plus tastes fucking great
>>
No negative pressure f.am. Anything like straws, or even sucking in your cheeks is a big no no. I was super cautious because I knew that dry socket is one of the most painful things ever.
>>
>>35947894
>is it OK to leave gauze in there for a few hours after?
I left mine in until they fell out

>I grind my teeth when I sleep, will that hurt the healing process?
Nah shouldn't be too terrible, depends on how hard you grind I guess.
>>
>>35947883
3 weeks? Holy shit bigger I thought that shit was 100% after 3 days. My GF is making me a huge ass steak on valentines day, what do?
>>
>>35947894
Well stop spitting and stop drinking, you'll wash / spit away the blood clot and yeah that's the way you'll get dry socket and delay healing. Keep the gauze only until bleeding stops, if it starts to bleed again put in another gauze. No the grinding won't hurt the healing. But yeah he shouldn't have removed all 4 at once...
>>
>>35947883
Maybe I should specify that my operation wasn't typical. They had to saw out portions of my jawbone. Because the wisdom teeth were pinned between current molars and the jawbone.
>>
>>35947894
did your orthodontist give you like a little syringe to flush out your wound? also just eat mashed potatoes and meatloaf or yogurt and shit
>>
>>35947839
Quit worrying so much about a week or so of rest. You hardly have any gains to forfeit anyway.
>>
>>35947926
>3 days
kek full healing takes like a month. At least a week before you do anything serious, like brushing teeth. I ate boiled eggs for the first three days.
>steak
GL;HF
>>
i ate pizza and loads of stupid shit and still didn't get dry socket

didn't suck anything at all for a while tho
>>
>>35947926
See my follow-up conment
>>
>>35947929
>They had to saw out portions of my jawbone.
holy fuck what the hell?
>>
>>35947946
Jesus fuck flushing the wound is the LAST thing you want to do... Only case where you would flush a "wound" is if you have a cyst and your dentist does a marzupialisation where they empty the cyst but leave the epithelium in and don't sew up the bony window.
>>
>>35947946
No, should I get one?

> Is mouth wash good or bad? Seems like it can clean it, then again it involves spitting?

>>35947947
Worked hard to get from 185-210lbs in the last 9 months so every lb matters to me
>>
>>35947767
Wow, I just did too, what the fuck, the one day I get mine removed there's a thread about it
>>
>>35947984
Avoid mouthwash (and any swilling action for that matter) for atleast a week
>>
>>35947991
We're in this together, bro. So to surmise
> No spitting
> No Drinking for a few hours after
For how long?
> No flushing wound
> No mouthwash
> It's okay to put gauze in there
> I won't be 100% for a month
> 3 Days I can go back to hard food
> No straws or sucking
> My doctor is a lazy asshole for doing all 4 at once
> No smoking
Anything else?
>>
>>35947767
Save some of the good pain killers, in case you do get dry sockets. They are quite unpleasant.
>>
>>35947837

This is exactly what my dentist told me.

Also for the love of god avoid alcohol and alcohol-based mouthwashes. Shit will fuck with the blood clot that you need to cover that hole you've just made.
>>
>Should I be jabbing at the wound with a toothpick?
>>
>>35948021
You're fucking retarded. Use mouthwash after every meal. People like you should not give advice.

Source: my orthopedic surgeon
>>
Wisdom tooth removal varies a lot.

People who had an exposed tooth removed act all tough and people are giving advice their dentist gave them personally like it's some bulletproof truth for all.

Take advice from that dentist and not some know it all anon.
>>
>>35947767
Got wisdom teeth out a month ago. I was just really careful. I used that plastic syringe thing they give you and rinsed the holes out whenever I ate. It was about 1 1/2 weeks before I started eating normally again. Don't use straws or do anything that involves sucking or blowing. That last bit might make your dad a little frustrated for a while.
>>
>>35948149
Kekked.
Don't listen to this fuckwit, ethanol will rape your bloodclot, rinsing dislodges it. Try a warm glass of water with a teaspoon of salt dissolved in it and just tilt your head gently. No "swooshing"
Source: mine healed last month, no problems
>>
>>35948827
10 days? Fuck mate, that's LONG
>>
>>35948246
>Wisdom tooth removal varies a lot.
This. Had 4 removed and was eating solid food exactly just 7 days after the operation.
>>
Got six teeth pulled including the wisdoms before a basketball camp as a kid. Ate nothing but soggy rice crispies for a week.
>>
>>35948827
i tried my hardest but i managed to get two dry sockets when my wisdom teeth were taken out. they also didnt give me a syringe, and my mouth got the most rancid taste and smell coming out of it when the sockets were filled with rotting food and blood. it hurt like hell but i managed to smarten up and go buy a syringe, fill it with mouthwash, and blast all the crap out of my sockets until the smell and taste went away. i seriously spent hours filling the sockets up with mouthwash and then gently squeezing my gums to clear them out. eventually all the grey and brown goo that tasted and smelled like death vanished, and nothing but mouthwash was coming out.

oh, and not only was it the worst smell and taste ever, it also hurt like someone was jamming a steak knife into my jaw. so try to avoid it.
>>
>>35947767
I had a dry socket. Shit hurts like hell. Here's the thing:
>keep your head in a vertical position, sleep with a big pillow under your head
>dont suck
>dont eat anything hard, only yoghurt and stuff like that

If you didn't let the blood clot form in the first few hours you need to go back to the dentist and get your flesh cut up so your blood fills the socket again.
>>
File: wisdom.jpg (87KB, 1040x1387px) Image search: [Google]
wisdom.jpg
87KB, 1040x1387px
Lol I had all 5 of my wisdom teeth pulled out 2 days before Christmas. I was conscious during the whole surgery too.

Pic related
>>
>>35947767
>Food trapped in there and shit
They gave me a little syringe to shoot water in the holes that weren't stitched up when I had mine taken out.
>>
>>35951433
I spent my new year knocked out 2 years ago kek

>>35947767
I got a dry socket. They had to reopen it twice. The surgeon said it happened about 1/1000 of the time.
>>
>>35951433
>5

Nigga what?
>>
>>35952762
I had 7 of the fuckers.
>>
kids these days believing the jewish tooth doctor when he says "well i dont have to take these out but youre on a plan so... thanks for le monies"
>>
> OP here
Just realized my bottom gums were sewed up, why?
I'm just drinking broth and Ensure, does that work?
I'm going to brush in the front I guess, and they actually did give me a mouth wash. Apparently you guys agree it's bad to swish? The bottle doesn't say anything about that.
>>
>>35953190
Put some in your mouth and just tilt your head gently. Be sure to check for ethanol (alcohol). If it smells strong then you might want to avoid it for now. Something else I did was take pics every night to monitor the healing process. If you see something fucked up, call your dentist
>>
>>35947767
what are you 1? have you never lost a fucking tooth before?
>>
>>35947767

I think I mainly took whey the day mine were removed and started eating normally the next day. I knew some food was stuck there but I didn't even try to get it off.
>>
>>35947869

Mine did say not to feel the gap with tongue for a while because if the blood clot goes off it will hurt like hell.
>>
>>35953936

>equating surgical removal of wisdom teeth to losing a baby tooth

What are you a fucking idiot?
>>
File: 1453399484021.jpg (34KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1453399484021.jpg
34KB, 500x447px
>get upper 2 wisdom teeth out
>doctor prescribes yummy oxycodone
>take like 5 at a time, feels gud
>run out fast
>want more
>call up dentist
>try lying and saying my sockets still hurt
>he immediately says that I might have a dry socket, that this is extremely serious and I should go in for a check-up

Fuck me I just wanted to get high again
>>
File: nosir.jpg (111KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
nosir.jpg
111KB, 1024x768px
>>35947767
>be me
>18
>inna bootcamp
>be told I'm going to dental
>get there and be told I'm having all 4 wisdom teeth removed
>none of them are even exposed
>general anesthetic, hear them drilling into mu gums, breaking teeth, removing them in pieces
>didn't want recruits getting high so I got herbal pain meds instead of the good stuff
>never got any special food source
>find a way to eat normal food on day 1 or starve, bitch

Thus is life in the Marines.
>>
>>35954810
**Local anesthetic, not general.

Sorry, been up for 40 hours doing a fucking engineering project.
>>
>>35954815
on 4chan?
>>
>>35954832
You can only stare at code/do math/rack your head over the same issue for so many hours at a time before you need a break, man.

I'm on here in moderation every 5-6 hours or so during long projects to take a break.
>>
>>35954815
>tfw 1000 word essay due next month and I haven't even started.
>>
>>35954810
Lel reminds me of that one story somebody posted about going to the army/marines dentist when running a fever and almost dying.
>>
>>35954815
DEC4?
>>
>>35954890
Wat?
>>
>>35954910
Never mind then.
>>
>>35947767
Here's your new meal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9u--YvwjHI

For me it came out to about 935 calories and 57g of protein. I added a scoop of protein
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.