[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>feel like total shit for last few weeks >no strength and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15

File: 1400098521591.jpg (14KB, 223x221px) Image search: [Google]
1400098521591.jpg
14KB, 223x221px
>feel like total shit for last few weeks
>no strength and energy while on a bulk
>don't feel like lifting anymore
>today at the gym almost burst into tears for no reason
>it happend 3 times
>had to hide before other gym members so they won't notice my teared up eyes
>almost burst into tears two times while driving home
>cry at home
>eyes tearing up again while im posting this
What the fuck is going on? Full natty here, not even taking creatine so it's not from roids.

inb4 eat more, i already upped cals twice during this noose
>>
it's your manperiod, aka hormonal cycle.
>>
>>35941892
This kinda happened to me. I upped the calories and I got more fats. I think it's fats not just calories.

I don't know if this works for everyone but I do cardio and it keeps me feeling good for some until I eat.
>>
>>35941892
Think about suicide much?
>>
File: 1424072310208.jpg (189KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1424072310208.jpg
189KB, 720x720px
Happened to me at work, now I'm on citalopram
>>
>>35942289
yes, every day for 5 years now. Mostly before sleep when im in bed.
>>
This happens to me when I get bad sleep for more than 3 days in a row
>>
>>35942414
Are you losing your sight?

Losing your mind?
>>
>>35942604
>Are you losing your sight?
my eyesight got worse as i got older so i guess it doesn't matter

>Losing your mind?
i think i lost my mind long time ago, but never had a situation where i almost cried in public for no reason
>>
>>35941892
Up your fat intake (oils, omega 3s), and take ZMA.
After 1 month I felt so much better.
It'll also help with the liftan.
>>
>>35941892
LONDON
>>
>>35942619
what you need to do is cut your life into pieces and examine every aspect to find the source of the problem
>>
File: 1442712521020.jpg (39KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
1442712521020.jpg
39KB, 300x450px
It'll be ok anon.
>>
>>35941897
Yep, can confirm.
>>
>>35942647
>cut your life into pieces
is this his last resort?
>>
File: 1453091007178.gif (943KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
1453091007178.gif
943KB, 200x267px
>>35941892
Anon, you really need to talk to a professional if you're feeling like this.

I've been in your position. It gets better.
>>
File: 1439466844623.jpg (27KB, 393x391px) Image search: [Google]
1439466844623.jpg
27KB, 393x391px
>>35942659
>>
>>35941892
Take vitamine D to feel fresh, you usually get vitmaine D form the sun, but the sun isn't out so your body is ina sundepression.

Take Yohimbe to boost yourself up.
You sohuld take creatine, it keeps your muscles hydrated during workouts.
Eat enough protein, 1gr per lbs of bodyweight, fuck the naysayers.

It could be mental so:
Fix your problems.
find what is lacking in your life and fix it.

If it's
>tfw no gf
then rmemeber that there isn't a single person that never speaks to a woman, meaning that the chances of you meeting one is higher than you initially thought.

Now get up and groom yourself, our body is the only thing we got so we have the obligation to do what is best for it.
This includes taking a harmless substance like creatine and protein.

Why would you even deem creatine harmfull, what kind of new age guru told you this?
>>
File: laugh-pink-sherbert-photography.jpg (226KB, 630x421px) Image search: [Google]
laugh-pink-sherbert-photography.jpg
226KB, 630x421px
>>35942289
>>35942414
>>35942604
>>35942619
>>35942647
>>35942659
>>
>>35942647
DEVILISH
E
V
I
L
I
S
H
>>
Your central nervous system is fried out. Take a week off so you can heal.
>>
>>35942750
OP mentions that he doesn't even take creatine

This negro goes on about creatine and that it's good for you three fucking times and on top of that tries to defend it by insulting OP.

It's OK brah, creatine is fine. Take it, no one is judging you :)
>>
ye that really sounds like mental illness friendo
ignore the "you need sleep/specific food" answers
>>
>>35943074
>actually believing that "mental illnesses" are real

It's called being a pussy. If you go to a psychiatrist or doctor they will basically tell you not to be a sad cunt.
>>
>this thread
>>
>>35943094

You are the worst kind of idiot. Mental disorders are also physical. Is the brain not a real organ? "Oh, you have cirrhosis? Well that's just the liver making up its own disease. The symptoms are just perpetuated by itself and don't exist within reality. It's not real." No. hard evidence shows that these disorders are physical and real- anyone who has even taken a basic psych or neuroscience class will tell you this.

HOWEVER, this is not to be used as an excuse to just act like a fuckhead and say you have a mental disorder. It can only be verified by a true medical professional. And no, a psychiatrist will prescribe medication. A psychologist will talk to you about your issues.
>>
>>35943033
So much THIIIIIIS
>>
>>35941892
Eat more fat.
Get more sunlight (or Vitamin D).
Go out and run a mile as fast as you can.
>>
>>35943170
r u saying meds are bad after just explaining how the brain can have real, physical defects?
>>
File: dirtnaps.jpg (22KB, 339x395px) Image search: [Google]
dirtnaps.jpg
22KB, 339x395px
>>35943094
>It's called being a pussy

>Go to war
>days without sleep
>endless patrols with 100lbs of gear
>shot at
>watch friends lose limbs
>watch friends die
>kill people
>do basically the physical manifestation of the antithesis of "being a pussy"

Come home
>22 vets off themselves a day in US alone
>cry for no reason
>don't feel like eating
>everything is pointless

I guess thousands of us magically turn into pussies after combat deployments. Weird.
>>
>>35943033
>>35943175
last 6 days i was off the gym

>>35943094
as i said, it never happened before
>>
>>35941892
You're fine
>>
>>35943205
Anon, it sounds to me like you have a lot more on your plate than you're letting on.

How is life outside of the gym?
>>
>>35943216
>How is life outside of the gym?
there is none, but it has never been an issue for me
>>
>>35943198

I apologize for poor diction or general sentence layout- I'm at work and have little time to prepare such a 'dissertation' for lack of a better term. The person I responded to said that a psychiatrist will tell them to stop being sad. In reality, a psychiatrist may discuss mental processes with a patient, but their primary function in a medical setting is to prescribe medication.

The medical market is heavily controlled by Big Pharm and the FDA so there are a lot of mildly tested medications being pushed through to the consumer market- some bad, some good. It's all a matter of ethical decisions based on the individual medical professional- but more often than not appropriate measures are taken for the betterment of the individual. This is not to say that a lot of medication is dangerous and one of the leading causes of death in the U.S. I am unfamiliar with foreign affairs in such regard, so please forgive me for not having that information offhand. The risk-reward ratio of medication (exemplifying mental health here) is something to be carefully weighed by the patient with (in a perfect world) heartfelt suggestions from the medical professional.
>>
>>35942414
Dear OP, you are depressed as shit by the sounds of it, real depression sends your nervous system in to overwork. You are probably in a state of almost constant alertness and rumination which is highly taxing on the nervous system and thus your immune system and everything else is weakened. Your health is in danger. You gotta do something about whatever it is that is causing your depression, if there is a cause. This will ruin your physical health permanently.

Do you have social support? Family, friends, coworkers?
>>
>>35941892
Learn how to meditate
>>
>>35941892
What you just described has been my life since I was about five. All I can say is to see a psychiatrist and ask them for help.
>>
>>35941892
For your own good don't come here for depression advice. Go see a therapist if you really have to do it online go to Reddit.
>>
meanwhile, at OP's house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KauRG6s50dM
>>
>>35943246
>Do you have social support? Family, friends, coworkers?
none of the above
>>
>>35943204
People in this situation have a damn good reason for their psychological issues

Moreso than some mopey suburban kid who can't handle his feels

also

> dying/killing for israel
>>
>>35943297

I'd like to tell you it'll be fine, but I went at my wrist with a razor blade the other night and have started overdosing my SSRIs (they won't kill you, but they're good for getting off your head a bit).

It's only a matter of time, anon, you just need to be brave enough to go through with it.
>>
>>35943319
>having no idea why warfighters do what they do.
>>
>>35943332
Wtf, dude.

Just because you're self harming doesn't mean that

a) it's okay
or
b) OP should do it too\

Fuck off.
>>
>>35941892
Maybe you have brain clancy
>>
File: DEALWITHITFAVRE.jpg (66KB, 410x600px) Image search: [Google]
DEALWITHITFAVRE.jpg
66KB, 410x600px
>>35941892
Try a traditional chinese massage. Maybe some of the tension they find in your body will enlighten you to whats really eating you. Or it's bullshit.
>>pic related, you need to do it.
>>
>>35943297
Hey man, it may sound silly but you NEED human contact and socialization, at this point your lack of human contact is maybe literally killing you. It is probably the reason for your depression in the first place, i mean, not having family and friends, that is pretty bad. Like, it is not a trivial matter. It is important to the point you can't be healthy without it. I don't know what your circumstances are, but it would probably be very wise to seek out a therapist. Not just for the problem solving and "therapy" stuff, but also just to get to be in a relationship with another human. Just the part of talking and relating to another person will increase your health and mood in it self. We are the most social species in the world, babies under 2 years literally die if they are not touched and cared for, literally.

You are probably hormonal fucked up from the increased cortisol and your amped up nervous system as a result of not having any people in your life. Your nervous system perceives that as you are without a tribe and in permanent dangers and at any time something could happen so you have to be prepared, this amps up your stress response, which leads to poor recovery, poor sleep, and so on and so on. Basically depression. It is not joke, get in touch with a therapist, (you don't have to take the anti depressents) but work on getting you friends and a social circle. If not you will probably either end up killing your self or with a disease as a result of your weak immune system.

Why don't you have any family or friends or coworkers to talk with? Are you completely alone?
>>
File: hisign.jpg (34KB, 550x375px) Image search: [Google]
hisign.jpg
34KB, 550x375px
>>35943204
What is lack of proper coping mechanisms because the military is populated by poorly raised adults who rise in the ranks and have no actual wisdom for their subordinates, who are also mostly poorly raised children?

CORRECT
>>
>>35943319
>suburban kid
i forgot to say im 27

i don't know if it matters but nonetheless there is something wrong with my brain
>>
>>35943383
>lack of proper coping mechanisms
What, pray tell is a "proper coping mechanism" for having a child come up to you with a wheel barrel full of body parts asking if you can fix his little brothers? Watching your friends legs get blown off? Seeing your friend get shot in the throat, lock eyes with him as he whispers "..fuck" dying before he hit the ground?

Let me know because I sure as shit haven't found any, nor have the past 3 therapists.

> poorly raised adults
Upper middle class from a well-off part of Long Island. Rest assured I'd take one of them over you any day.

>have no actual wisdom for their subordinates
Yea, guys from all across the US plus some foreigners on green cards have absolutely NOTHING to offer anyone in terms of things they've learned during a life completely different to mine up to that point.

>poorly raised children
Really leaning on that "poorly raised" point, huh?

You have no idea what you're talking about, but by all means keep shitposting.
>>
>>35943473
>Seeing your friend get shot in the throat, lock eyes with him as he whispers "..fuck" dying before he hit the ground?

This made me kek
>>
>>35943473
I heard someone say that the reason a lot of people develop PTSD is not because of the shock they get when they see their friends getting blowned up

but it is rather that the horror they experience when they realize what brutality and evil humans are capable off. And some people get traumatized because of the shit they them self did, because they thought they where not capable of such things. So they don't know how to properly conceptualize these experiences in to their framework of what they thought human beings where.

Does any of this make sense?
>>
>>35943480
I'm glad. Just don't wonder why vets don't talk about shit in the future.

>>35943516
I would say all of the above.
>>
>shoulder started hurting a couple weeks ago from incline flies
>felt good enough to lift last week
>hurt yesterday during bench even though I was able to complete 1 set
>can feel my gains disappearing
>feels bad
>>
File: bradyhang.gif (3MB, 430x242px) Image search: [Google]
bradyhang.gif
3MB, 430x242px
>>35943473
Quiet, manchild. (ooooh, namecalling fallacy)

Proper coping comes from understanding what you're going to see (people dying, sometimes friends, sometimes a random little kid setting off the IED he was instructed to plant, sometimes the platoon dog), why it happens (human nature or evil, whatever you believe), and what your reaction WILL BE (as opposed to winging it when that thing you refused to conceptualize happens). Very few people in the military really understand what "fight and win the nation's wars" entails. Like death, duh.

Why should anyone care/pity/award that you're a fragile little man crystal? Suck it up. You've got your trauma because you want to keep it. Like some sort of weird badge.
>>
>>35943385
Do you have anybody you can talk to, anon?
>>
>>35943571
>people keep biting at this obvious /b/ tier bait
>>
>>35943338
Free college and getting out of Bumfuck, Arkansas?
>>
>>35943539
So then what is it needed for healing the PTSD is a new and updated philosophy of good and evil? Or of people ?

They like need to build up a completely new framework of humans and good and evil essentially. Something like that

>>35943571
>You've got your trauma because you want to keep it. Like some sort of weird badge.
You have no idea what you are talking about. That is not how PTSD works.
>>
File: pol at the movies.gif (3MB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
pol at the movies.gif
3MB, 480x300px
>>35943473
>having a child come up to you with a wheel barrel full of body parts asking if you can fix his little brothers
>>
>>35943599
Warfighters, not the fucking Air Force.
>>
Why are woman the root of all problems?

Also post your stats and routines anons
>>
>>35943473
>my anecdotal evidence outweighs the very much statistically qualified statement that the majority of footsoldiers come from deprived, poorly educated, antisocial backgrounds, and behave in kind
Yeah, okay.
>>
>>35943600
I think I've had the most success while separating my experiences, treating it as "over there" vs "over here". It avoids the whole complexity of humanity etc. Over there is one way, and here is another. I'm not there anymore.
>>
File: lynchreaction.jpg (16KB, 502x587px) Image search: [Google]
lynchreaction.jpg
16KB, 502x587px
>>35943600
I'd say the problem is most people aren't solid in their framework. I've seen real devout Christians breakdown when they see real horror up close. I don't want to say you need practice seeing a kid die, but you really have to spend some time getting some straight dope on conflict. Gotta get past the muh freedoms, gi bill, and health care mentality that way too many people are in for.
>mfw dad made me spend the week before my deployment with all the veterans (Korea, Vietnam, and Afghanistan) in my family, hashing this kind of matter out.
>>
File: Coach hines.jpg (19KB, 432x299px) Image search: [Google]
Coach hines.jpg
19KB, 432x299px
>>35943652
>My unsupported claim (which may as well not exist because I haven't provided evidence in any form) outweighs your first hand experience.

k
>>
>>35943671
Best method, but the only problem is when people start looking at the "positive aspects of over there."
>>
>>35943572
In real life, no. Only anonymous people on imageboards.
>>
>>35943984
You need to talk to people in real life. It's a requirement for mental wellness for most people.
>>
>>35943571
tfw you're the same guy who got kicked out his gym for jerking off in between sets
>>
File: 1430033223690.jpg (71KB, 780x590px) Image search: [Google]
1430033223690.jpg
71KB, 780x590px
>Vitamin deficinecies(D,C,Zn, Mg, Ca, B-complex)
>Get some rest
>Start eating some tumeric (5-10g/day)
>excess estrogen?
it's up to you now, find the problem, and fix it
also ONEDAYUMAY
>>
It means you are gay and homosex.
>>
>>35941892
Breaking news you're a faggot
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.