[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 23

File: sheev.jpg (2KB, 137x108px) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
2KB, 137x108px
Do you eat a surplus on rest days or do you get fat?
>>
Trips are supposed to be useful not useless fucking dregs. Fuck you faggit
>>
nice trip fagtron
>>
>>35920557
I've read some broscience articles about "recomping" and eating on a small bulk on lift days and cut the rest but I think it's all in the calories. You can also check and see a protein synthesis timechart for when you should be getting a lot of it so I'm not really sure I buy into it. But it's whatever works for you
>>
File: multivitamin.png (39KB, 105x198px) Image search: [Google]
multivitamin.png
39KB, 105x198px
>>35920557
Do multivitamins help with gains or do they just make you more "healthy"
>>
>>35920557
If you run on rest days it's going to be just fine to eat the same of food as you do on lifting days.
>>
File: IMG_0747.jpg (256KB, 1355x1837px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0747.jpg
256KB, 1355x1837px
Should I cut or bulk?
5'11 185lbs

All lifts for 5x3

Squat 95kg
Bench 75kg
OHP 50kg

Deadlift 130kgx3x2
Doing SS with accessory atm and squat only once a week
>>
What weights am I supposed to start with for SS? Skellymode here, never lifted before
>>
>>35920557
Depends on the person
I'm lean as fuck so I eat more carbs and less protein on rest days, while still getting the same caloric content.
Carbo-loading makes the next day easier IMO
>>
Best way to put mass on the pecs?
Currently doing chest twice a week, primary exercise is heavy flat dumbbell press 4x6
Barbell press fucks with my shoulders so I don't do it very often
>>
>>35921883
I'm not super experienced with diet or anything but I have roughly the same composition you do and I've been eating TDEE on my work days and a 500 kcal deficit on my rest days. Strength continues to improve, while body composition stays the same. My idea is that I'll be able to build into the fat without immediately dealing with the complications relating to cutting and especially bulking. Somebody else will probably critique this and give both of us better input.
>>
>>35920557
Eat the same amount every day to be consistent. You can swap up percentage of calories from carbs vs protein/fat on rest days if you want but keep your total number the same.
Your body is still recovering on rest days, still needs that number you've set to grow/maintain.

>>35921319
Multivitamins are completely irrelevant if you have a semblance of a proper diet. Only useful if you're undergoing a specialized diet such as vegan bullshit, CKG, etc. If you really must take one get the most basic Centrum or Nature Made for Adults.

>>35921335
If you don't know what you're talking about don't give advice.

>>35921883
Are you comfortable with the amount of fat on yourself? bulk
Want to be leaner? cut
You can really go either way, there's not an incredibly solid foundation underneath your fat if you cut now but if you want to be leaner then do it, your progress will just be slowed
Also it's written 3x5 not 5x3, 5x3 refers to 5 sets of triples
Also you seem retarded because you say you're doing SS but also say you're only squatting once a week, don't half ass any program you're trying to do

>>35921925
The book tells you, read it
Abridged version, your first day with each exercise you start with the bar and keep adding weight until you can just barely get 5 reps with it (3 for powercleans)

>>35921979
Flat bench with proper rom is king for a reason
If it fucks with your shoulders it means your form is shit and you will never move big weight and get big man titties without fixing it
If you use Dumbbells primarily to try and build chest mass you are gimping yourself.
Weighted Dips with proper forward lean are great as an accessory for your chest days if you aren't doing them already.
>>
File: 20160207_152417.jpg (88KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
20160207_152417.jpg
88KB, 900x1600px
>>35920557
Is there anything that helps fill in fucking bicep gaps? 21S or something?

Fucked up my left wrist doing BB curls, so have only been doing hammer curls for a while.
>>
Hey /fit/ weak as fuck dude about to start lifting. I know it doesn't apply to me yet, but at what weight range should I start using a lifting belt for squats and such? I ask because I've suffered from a hernia before ( got it on a job) and don't want to go through that again.

Thanks.
>>
Are cold baths that beneficial to the body, circulation and with recovery?

or are they just a meme.
>>
Hey, fitizens

M / 1m92 / 110kg / 21y

lost 50+kg over the last year. I'd like to lost the remaining fat and become more muscular. My diet mainly consist on protons & fats as I avoid carbs (less than 75g a day). Lifting for maybe 6 months now in the uni gym.

The question is, that with my weight loss, I still look saggy from everywhere (boobies, belly etc). What do I need to do to loose the lose skin and look good ?

Sorry for my bad english btw.
>>
Good back exercises for at the gym and at home?
>>
Used to be /fit/, but had 1 year break because accident, hospital and stuff like that. Starting from scratch, do I do some linear progression SS-kind of stuff, or go for my old routine (531)?
>>
Is thicker wrists/forearms an inevitable part of lifting? I've been lifting heavy 6 months or so in a deficit and made great progress, but I've noticed my wrists, forearms, and ankles are much, much thicker. I don't purposely try to work any of these places or incorporate exercisers with a heavy focus on them. Any way to halt their development? Looks super out of place on my physique
>>
>>35922170
Rows/Dumbell Rows and Pull Ups
>>
>>35922110
There are no fucking gaps in your bicep, and insertions are genetic, not that you could see anything at that level of bodyfat anyway
Just train your damn biceps if you want bigger biceps and stop having shit form that strains your wrist when doing something as simple as barbell curls

>>35922130
A belt becomes a useful tool when you have reached a weight where the muscle group being trained is limited by the stabilization ability of your core strength. This varies for the individual and exercise, it's not something you should worry about for months still as a novice, you want to develop your stabilization abilities as much as you can when starting out.

>>35922132
There have been studies done with actual cryogenics but unless you're getting your bath down to -100 celsius I wouldn't worry about that. Just taking a cold bath won't do anything for you.

>>35922168
The sagginess is from a combination of remaining fat on your body and loose skin. Loose skin can tighten up over time but there will always be some amount of it if you've lost a shit ton of weight and surgery is the only way to remove that bit.
Also eat more carbs holy shit, how do you lift heavy without feeling like death

>>35922170
Horizontal row from floor (DB/BB row), vertical pull from above(Pullup/Chin variation), vertical pull from below you (Deadlifts/Highly vertically angled yates row)
>>
File: bench-press-upper-back.jpg (121KB, 1024x283px) Image search: [Google]
bench-press-upper-back.jpg
121KB, 1024x283px
How do I correctly tuck in my shoulders during a bench press? Is it even necessary or just power lifting etiquette?

When I try it feels like all the weight rests on the upper edge of my scapula and I'm uncomfortable.
>>
Isn't there supposed to be some sort of treadmill etiquette? I always do it like urinals (always keep one degree of separation between you and others) but I keep having people take the machine right next to me.
>>
>>35922408
Tucking shoulders is much better for shoulder health, not sure about why it feels weird, generally getting super tight on the bench isn't going to feel like lying in bed
>>
>>35920557
Is this protein powder good? 64€ (71$) for 5kg whey
http://de.myprotein.com/sporternahrung/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html
Thinking about getting Chocolate-Nut flavor
>>
SO I probably will have a chance to have sex with this girl in my class that I hooked up with yesterday. She has a 10/10 body with big tits and I am nervous as fuck for when it gets to that moment. I am a virgin but I definitely give the impression that I have experience and stuff. I already know my dick is going to go flat once she pulls down my pants and I'm wondering what is the best way to get into the right mindset? it's hard to tell yourself to relax when you are in that position
>>
>>35922653
It doesn't matter how you treat a woman in bed. Just use her, put your mouth and hands on her, thrust- it had to come naturally, therefore planning for it does nothing.
Everyone is a virgin to anyone they haven't had sex with
>>
I've heard people say "there's no such thing as overtraining, just under-eating"
How true is that? I had a couple of knee injuries, so I didn't have a leg day for about two years. My knee is finally better, I had my first leg day in two years last week. I did my second leg workout earlier today.
I'm going to be eating a fuckton at the Super Bowl because it's the Super Bowl. Can I do a second leg workout after? The workouts would be like 8 hours apart. My legs were feeling sore by the end of the last workout and I could only do 2.5 sets of squats, even with light weights. It wasn't that intense but just because my legs are small and weak from not lifting for two years, so any lifting gets a burn going.

So after consuming 2x my TDEE today, can I do a second leg workout tonight?
>>
>>35922908
No. Give yourself a rest day. Anyone who says rest days aren't important doesn't understand how muscles are built/repaired.
>>
>>35922908
like the anon said, when you go to the gym you aren't building muscle. you are tearing it down

rest days are JUST as important as training days. they are the days where you body goes into work and builds up the muscle. seriously, it's 30% training and 70% diet/rest. 100% reason to remember the name.
>>
Is there any reason why I need to cut? I don't really care about bf% because I'm not a total autitist when it comes to talking to women. I'm right at 15% rn and clean bulking.
>>
>>35922211
Do linear for as long as you can to get your progress back within 6 months or less probably, it'll be faster than it was before usually about half the time you took off, eventually you will have to periodize ala 5/3/1 again

>>35922245
Yes the muscle in that area gets built up from heavy stabilization required for heavy pulling and pressing
Don't worry about any perceived imbalances, your triceps will quickly make them proportional as long as you are hitting them
Most people have the opposite problem so consider yourself lucky

>>35922408
One thing to consider is where your bar path is when you have a retracted scapula versus a completely flat back. When you're pressing with a retracted scapula the bar path ideally is a vertical line perfectly above your nipples.
So firstly make sure you're not pressing too far up on your chest.
Secondly imagine you are trying to pull your shoulderblades directly behind your nipples when retracting, this keeps you from pinching them up too high causing neck stress and keeps them pinned directly back
And yes it is necessary for moving heavy weights without fucking your shoulders, but you don't have to arch like the Eiffel tower just make sure you have the full retraction.

>>35922431
It really doesn't matter

>>35922653
Make sure you have at least two condoms, don't use ones you purchased months ago either
Just make out and let it escalate, it's a natural process and you will know what to do instinctually or let her take the lead if you're lost
If you do cum prematurely or having trouble go just go down on her for a bit to buy yourself time and to make it worthwhile for her to do something back
>>
>>35922908
>>35922908
No point in doing it, getting a "burn" isn't indicative of anything except glycogen depletion
Overtraining also occurs over a long period of time not something you can do in one day. You can go past the point of efficacy but you only overtrain but running your body into the ground over weeks of treating it poorly and it has far more serious consequences than DOMS or simple sprains
Food can give you all the energy in the world but the central nervous system can only do so much

>>35923413
Nope, if you don't care about being lean as fuaaark, no reason until you carry so much fat it becomes hazardous to your health and you're not close at all
Keep on getting bigger and stronger
>>
how many aux lifts is too many? I've been doing a core exercise 5x5 and then a "deload" accessory lift like 'squat - leg curls 5x10', and then usually 3-6 aux lifts after. Too much? or not enough? or just right? how do i tell?
>>
>>35924375
If you're not making any progress, clearly
>>
Does how long you stay awake effect your daily calorie goals?

I usually don't have a problem staying true to my cut calorie limits, but today I was awake far more than usual, only slept for 3 hours, and I've been busy all day. ( So I've been up for the past 21 hours) I inevitably broke down and ate 500-700 calories over my limit.

I plan to take it out of tomorrow's calories to balance it out, but I just wanted to know if I completely fucked myself for today or if it was justified.
>>
At a diner, no nutrition info provided, what do I put into MyFitnessPal?
>>
Just started birth control and have started gaining weight at my usual maintenance intake. I'm only up 10 pounds but I want to nip it in the bud. I can play it by ear over the next few months till I dial it in, but wanted to ask if any of you knew give or take how much BC can effect your calorie limits.
>>
I can only make the gym twice a week due to studies and work. I know
>I'm too busy to lift waaah
Is a meme excuse but it's actually true for me. Been doing SS for a couple of weeks, how much is my progress going to be nerfed going only Tuesday + Friday?
>>
What are some essential hamstring/hips and shoulder stretches?
>>
>>35920557
Fuck off, Kyle
>>
Exercises for a tennis player?
>>
>>35920557
Just be consistent. Either set a daily surplus goal or a weekly consumption goal.

If you choose e.g. +400 calories a day, and you feel like you are getting too chunky, you can reduce your surplus or add some extra exercise.
>>
>>35920557
Protein synthesis is highest 24 hours after lifting then drops to base at 36. You don't build muscle while working out, you build it resting. Hit a surplus after working out.

>>35921319
Depends whether you're getting your vitamins elsewhere. Keep in mind multivitamins don't digest well hence why the percentages on the bottle are so high.

>>35921883
Cut for 8 weeks, bulk 8, repeat
Then lean bulk. Learn to count calories more accurately while cycling the two.

>>35921979
Retract your scapula. Look up funny black guy's video on retracting your fucking scapula. Do extreme close-grip triceps movements like French Presses.

>>35922010
Sub-optimal for gains. Cutting while your body is still building muscle means less built.

>>35922110
Nope. It's genetic. You'd have to get implants.

>>35922130
When you can't go without it.

>>35922132
Yes, but they're not magical like advertised.

>>35922168
Lotion after showers. Shave your full body 2x a week with a safety razor - removes small layers of skin and gets rid of stretch marks.

>>35922170
Chin ups

>>35922211
Linear

>>35922245
Wrists and ankles don't grow after puberty. They look bigger due to a larger forearm/calf angle and a bigger muscle.

>>35922408
See above.

>>35922431
They're autists.

>>35922532
Protein powder is a meme.

>>35922653
Imagine me naked.

>>35922908
Overtraining and shit form are two different things; you likely did the latter.

>>35923413
People will mock you whilst being envious of your lifts.

>>35924375
10 sets/workout each to failure is sufficient for beginners. 10 good form sets to failure is better than 20 shitty ones without a struggle.

>>35924958
Yes. You burn ~30% more when awake.

>>35925001
Whatever's listed on MFP.

>>35925056
>Thinking of you hurting

>>35925120
I work 54 hours a week (6/7 days) requiring me to wake up at 6:15 to prep my food, be there at 8, stay 'til 6, then bike 3 miles to the gym and another 3 back 4 days a week.

You're a pussy.
>>
>>35925056
>Taking birth control
>Voluntarily pissing out the estrogen gains goblin into our water

For shame
>>
File: IMG_5437.jpg (727KB, 1280x1713px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5437.jpg
727KB, 1280x1713px
I have two pinched nerves in my neck. Why do I get light headed when I fix my posture and sit up straight?
>>
About two weeks ago I've started waking up halfway through the night to take a piss. This is happening regardless of whether I've emptied my bladder before going to bed or not. What the fuck is actually going on?
>>
File: milk.jpg (76KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
milk.jpg
76KB, 1080x1080px
>be me
>lifting, drinking a lot of milk
>always getting pretty bad acne because of it
>spend three month in yurop for a research internship
>continue to buy milk
>acne pretty much gone after 10days
>come back to murica after the internship is done
>acne is back

What the holy fuck do we put in our milk over here
>>
>>35925495
There are a number of differences actually and Euro has banned milk from the US. If you can find milk from Jersey cows try that. If that alone doesnt fix the issue compare the milk you had there to what you get here. Type of pasteurization, grass fed cows fat content, additives etc and see if you can identify the difference.
>>
>>35925640
forgot to add homogenized to the list
>>
Is bulking from 120 to 150 lbs in one year descent progress?
>>
>>35925673
>one year
Try three months. BBTD c'mon
But 30 pounds in a year is still pretty good yeah
>>
>>35925459
If you're going from a laying down posture to standing/sitting upright its something called orthostatic hypotension. It results from a sudden drop in your blood pressure going from a sitting/laying to standing suddenly.
>>
>>35920557
If you flex your muscles while doing cardio, are you doing resistance training?
>>
Whenever I'm sitting in my home my hand sneaks into my pants and cups my balls. Why do I do this? As soon as I realize what I'm doing I stop, but it just keeps happening. I do it when I sleep too. I've figured it's because I jack off a lot so I'm quitting masturbating for a while, but what's up with that?
>>
Is "signalling" real? Should I do the Tom Hardy Warrior workout?
>>
>be 132lb skinny fag
>eat 2800cals a day
>stay 132lb
the fuck do i do? i dont even do cardio or anything like that but i literally just dont gain weight
>>
I'm 19, dead inside, and constantly feel either apathy or anger. Not trying to sound edgy but in the last week I've been feeling empty inside. Went to a rave, just sorta danced there with a blank expression thinking about what the fuck I'm doing here, the flipping the fuck out and kicked my coworker just for touching me.

How do I fix myself /fit/?
>>
>>35925725
Can you progressively overload a flex?

>>35925673
Depends on what your starting bodyfat percentage was, it might be ending a bit high, but good nonetheless assuming you progressed properly.

>>35925495
It might not be the milk.

>>35925473
Check with a doctor. It could be a ton of different things.

>>35925310
The stretching routine in the sticky works well. You can add more as you feel is necessary.

>>35923413
Nutrient partitioning/insulin resistance worsen as your bodyfat increases. You don't need to stay super ripped year round, but I wouldn't fat fuck yourself either.

>>35925908
Eat more.

>>35925910
Find something that you actually enjoy to do.
>>
Can you stretch cold? I used to stretch after every workout, but this semester has been way more busy so I only have time to stretch before bed. This is hours after I worked out or did any real activity, so I wouldn't warmed up or anything. I want to keep my shoulders and the rest of me healthy by stretching, but I am worried doing it cold might do more harm than good. Help?

>>35925908
Eat more, goddamn. And measure it over a month, not a week.

>>35925910
Go to a psychiatrist, seriously. Even if it's really new, it can't hurt to see a real doctor to see what the fuck is up.
>>
>>35925908
>eat 2800cals a day
>stay 132lb
try counting calories correctly
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>35925841
>>
>>35925910
quit masturbating and go out more
>>
>>35925937
If doing it cold, try running the stretch in question twice: once to warm up the joints/ligaments, then again once warmed to actually work on flexibility.
>>
>>35925841
Seriously this is disturbing me someone help
>>
>>35925640
It was organic in both countries (I assumed it was the best possible for health), but yeah maybe I should try other processes.
>>
>>35925970
I masturbate weekly and go out to 3 events a week minimum, pm. That rave was on a 100 mile road trip with my best friend.
>>
>>35925908
eat more, have snacks in between meals, fruits, veggies, nuts etc. if you say yo eat a lot, and dont gain any weight.. you obviously dont eat enough hummie
>>
>>35925995
Organic milk is bullshit. You think they use pesticides on said milk when growing it? Stop paying for organic milk. Organic veggies are fine.
>>
>>35925908
How tall are you? I lose weight if i eat under 3100 kcal / day. My bff is a manlet and bulks on 2800. Height makes a big difference with caloric requirements
>>
>>35925978
Do static stretches actually warm up the joints and ligaments? My whole stretching routine aside from arm circles and arm crosses are static stretches.

Thanks for responding btw.
>>
>>35926057
It might not be as ideal as a lifting session, but it's better than nothing. You can also do some light work prior to stretching if you have some sort of method for doing so.

Either way, you likely won't do any harm unless you try to force the stretch hard from the get go.
>>
>>35925841
if I don't get help with this soon I'm just going to become a eunuch so I can't grope myself subconsciously anymore
>>
How do I stop facial acne?
Primarily on my forehead/temples areas?
>>
>>35926045
Fucks sake, height doesn't affect BMR,?weight does

Btw, I'm a 5'8" 138 pound manlet bulking on 2800 to gain 0.6 pounds per week
>>
what are the health differences between fish and chicken?
>>
What's the website that lets me see how good I'm doing with my lifts?

It's like a green site and you enter how much you can bench/squat/dL etc
>>
I feel like ordering one of those forearm blaster things but have no idea what the hell I am supposed to be looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/Yes4All-Wrist-Forearm-Blaster-%C2%B2SJCTZ/dp/B00HGPLEX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454900347&sr=8-1&keywords=forearm+blaster

Is this fine?
>>
What is a good heart rate monitor? Looking for something I could wear all day even at work yet isn't too fancy.
>>
>>35921319
you need them to make sure your body can make use of all the fitness you do!

youd be supersized at how poor a diet can be without a multi vit
>>
>>35926094
Ok, thanks man. I'm gonna just do some quick calisthenics stuff before stretching in the evening then.
>>
>>35926249
Fish has more fat relative to protein. Also, fish (especially wild caught and darker fish like salmon and tuna, as well as small ones like sardine and anchovy) contain a lot of omega-3 fatty acid, which is better for you than the omega-6 fats in chicken.
The thing about fish is that you dont want to consume it, especially big fish, too often because of the Mercury content. I like to eat red tuna as sashimi or sushi once or twice per week, and I supplement with fish oil a few times to get omega-3.

If you're eating fish for protein and macros rather than omega-3, it would be cheaper and safer to stick to white fish such as tilapia and trout.
>>
>>35925673
I gained 35 pounds in roughly 5 months. You need to eat more my fellow skelly. Lift and lift again.
>>
Being skinnyfat is putting me into a horrible, horrible position.
I have to decide now whether I want to get a base of muscle mass, and then cut, or whether I should get rid of the fat and then lean bulk.
I'm tempted to just bulk and put on as much muscle as I can now, because I'm not really interested in dating girls or anything at the moment so I don't mind being fat as long as I'm getting muscle.
But at the same time I'm worried I'm just going to get TOO fat and feel disgusted with myself and give up.
What do I do, /fit/?
Any previous skinnyfat bros have advice?
I have two years before I intend to start dating because that's when my surgery is done and braces come off.
>>
>>35926525
>I have two years before I intend to start dating

MODS! Underage
>>
>>35926525
height and weight and/or picture of body
>>
>>35926549
Nigger I'm 18
I've just got to focus on myself for now
>>
What's the more solid way of attaining strength? Just hit my surplus and macros? When should I try for heavier weight? I'm a lone lifter and am not fond of decapitation sooooo I don't try 1rm too often, even without clips.
>>
>>35926553
>>35926525
I didnt realize the Duggars had an 18yr old who they let on the internet. Daddy forget to put the parental controls on?
>>
>>35926550
6'2" 186 lbs
>>
File: fuckmylife.jpg (260KB, 1175x1295px) Image search: [Google]
fuckmylife.jpg
260KB, 1175x1295px
>>35926550
here's pic
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 504x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 504x398px
>>35926660
I see some abs under there, you're around 12%.
Time to dirty bulk!
>>
>>35926715
stop trolling me friend
>>
>>35926660
You're going to get differing opinions depending on who you ask. Frankly, I think when you bulk and cut all comes down to personal reference.

I usually advocate for most people to diet first since I like the idea of fluctuating between 10 and 15%, and most beginners are usually above that range. Most beginners can make gains in a deficit anyway.

Again, do what you feel more comfortable with and what you can stick with for a dedicated period of time. Don't flip flop indecisively or you'll end up spinning your wheels.

For the record, your bodyfat is somewhere in the high teens to low twenties. It's hard to assess since you don't have a lot of LBM.

>>35926573
You don't need to test 1RMs to gain strength. If you're adding weight to the bar over time in a given rep range, you're gaining strength.

>>35926281
The only one I've ever really used was strstd.

>>35926244
Height and weight tend to be positively correlated.
>>
Is it okay to workout right after you wake up, without eating anything before hand?
>>
Trying to not be a fat asshole and jog every other day, the past 5 days I've been doing it in laceless toms

Does anyone have a recommendation for running shoes?
>>
Gonna start the SS soon and it recommends 3.x k calories. If I'm already like 10kgs overweight can I eat under that and just make sure I get the nutrients I need to shed the weight?

>>35922653
>straight to the pussy

Don't do that, get some foreplay in.
It'll give you time to ease the nerves.
>>
>>35926769
Ignore the "you're not doing the program" shit. If you're overweight, running the program in a deficit is fine. Just assume that you won't make the neat linear progression expected in the book, and you may stall sooner than expected.

>>35926752
There's usually nothing wrong with it. Some people find their performance is subpar without at least a small meal though.
>>
>>35926804
Thanks man, also if I want to do cardio is it safe to do it after my weights or can I slip it in on rest days?
>>
>>35926748
I figured I was around the 20% range. I guess I'll cut at a pound a week for a couple months. As far as gains in a deficit, what could I expect?
>>
>>35926241
any help
>>
>>35926868
Whichever you feel more comfortable doing. As long as it isn't interfering with your recovery, either is fine.

>>35926870
You should be able to add weight to the bar for at least a while. Actual mass gains may be somewhat limited in a deficit, you might see some of a recomp effect but it likely won't be huge.

It's hard to say when your progression will stall out, it's kind of individual from person to person.

>>35926904
Are you using any sort of facial cleanser?
>>
>>35926241
Wash your face, get some clearasil, reduce dairy and sugar in your diet.
Change your pillow covers often to prevent oil build up.
>>
>>35926945
I bought astringent and used it twice but nothing happened, should I use it daily?
>>
>>35926955
hmm okay thanks
>>
>>35926955
also, I've got like little red marks from previous zits, are they going to fade or are they going to be there forever?
>>
>>35926956
Try something with benzoyl peroxide (Clearasil, etc.) for a few weeks and see how that works for you.

No need to move on to stronger stuff unless you have to.
>>
Have gyno only on one side looks horrible is their anything i can do until i get enough money for surgery to make it look better?
>>
>>35927026
Losing bodyfat in general can help, at least for your general appearance. Believe it or not, most people won't notice minor gyno if you're relatively muscular/fit.
>>
>>35927006
Red marks will take a while to fade, it's scar indentations you gotta look out for though.

I had it really bad in highschool up until year ten.
>>
File: chariot.jpg (168KB, 625x494px) Image search: [Google]
chariot.jpg
168KB, 625x494px
FOR MY BRO THAT HAD THE HIP DIP/SHIFT/STRONGER HIP/BUTT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnFyYuY2Sro
>>
>>35920557
If I'm 70kg and 20% fat and want to go to 70kg and 10% fat, should I bulk or cut?
Pls note I'm a beginner.
>>
>>35927180

See >>35926748
>>
>>35927180
uh
cut
>>
Is it better to lose sleep and go to the gym or skip a workout and get more sleep?

How is zyzz pronounced?
>>
>>35927201
Depends on you
If you generally get a lot of sleep it's okay to be a little short on sleep for the sake of going to the gym
If you're one of those "5 hours a night" scumbags, you should probably go for more sleep

>Zeezz
>>
For OHP does the bar need to touch the upper part of my chest for it to fully work my muscles?
>>
>>35927226
Thanks nigga, the sleep thing is a common occurrence for me though.
>>
>>35927269
Depends on your anthropometry. In general, yes, you should be able to get the bar down to around clavicle level.
>>
Starting my first cut and have been seeing people mention an EC stack. Could I get clarification on what an EC stack is?
>>
>>35927269
It depends on what you're looking for. If you want to build the delts and triceps, you're better off stopping 3 inches short and keeping constant tension on those muscles.

For general strength purposes, get the bar down to clavicle level and use the stretch of your lats and chest to pop the bar out of the hole
>>
>>35927496
Ephedrine and caffeine. Typical dose on a cut is 200mg caffeine + 20 mg EHCl 3x daily.

Helps with energy levels, is a mild thermogenic, and is GOAT for appetite suppression.
>>
>>35927526
Thanks a ton. Can I buy Ephedrine in stores or order it?
>>
>>35927584
It's a banned supplement in the US/UK. It can be found in over the counter decongestants like Bronkaid or Chesteze though.
>>
I've read all the stuff that says abs are made in the kitchen and from cardio, but how come these real big muscly guys that look sorta chubby happen to a shaped belly?
>>
>>35927603
Thanks. I apologize for the stream of questions, but how do people in he US get it then? I'm assuming there must be many people on here that do it.
>>
>>35927635
Bronkaid. It's ephedrine sulfate with some guaifinesin thrown in. Head to rite aid/CVS/etc. and pick some up in the pharmacy. You need to show ID though and ate restricted to one box at a time - it's a watched substance since people use it to make meth.

>>35927620
You need low bodyfat to get your abs to appear. Having developed/muscular abs makes them more defined and start poking out at relatively higher bodyfat percentages though.
>>
I like to play pick-up soccer on the weekends but I'm not very good at it

What kind of weight training exercises should I add to my routine to increase my sprinting speed and kicking power? Right now all I do for legs are squats and deads
>>
What muscles do deadlifts work?
>>
>>35927766
all of them
>>
>>35927738
Squats and deadlifts are enough. There is no such thing as exact carryover.

Making the muscles if the legs, core, shoulders, and arms will add to your 'explosiveness' and speed.

Squats, deadlifts, presses and pull ups are all you need to develop a base of athleticism. This is what Rippetoe recommends, it's what high school and college athletes do, it's accepted.

A bigger muscle is a stronger muscle is a faster muscle.

You will also need to develop endurance for soccer. Do intervals- sprint across the field, then rest 20 seconds, then sprint back.
Also do some timed or distance based runs where you try to progressively increase your speed.
>>
>>35927811
Except the ones that make you aesthetic
>>
I've been on ICF for 4 months now and im not able to add a lot of weight to the bar anymore, I am also cutting at the moment, should I swap the routine? do I deload while cutting?
>>
I'm obese, fix my routine.

Day A : Squats, split squats, calf raises, 10-20min cardio at the end

Day B : Bench, Deads, OHP, Tri and lat pulldowns, flys, 10-20min cardio

ABxABxABx ect...
>>
>>35926241
I stopped drinking milk and stopping getting pimples.
>>
how much can I bike before it it is too much and hurts cycling progress/ before it fucks my shit up?

I (beginner, only biked 6 times so far) biked 3h15 minutes yesterday, however my cycling computer does not work so I have no idea how far I went.

I like biking and want to bike daily (today included). will this hurt my progress?
>>
>>35927825
then how come deadlift was zyzz's personal favorite aesthetic lift
>>
What does protein do? (srs)
>>
>>35928272
rebuild muscles
when you work out your muscles tear down and rebuild stronger using protein
>>
>>35928272
Protein is necessary for repairing many tissues including muscle as well as metabolizing fats and carbs, hormone production, and more.
>>
>>35920557
no
>>
I wish I could go to the gym but I have social anxiety and I feel like people would judge me for being a pathetic skinny manlet. Wat do.
>>
>>35921883
bulk. you're way too weak to cut
>>35922110
ya stop being gay
>>
>>35928514
put a thong and dildo on. paint "I"M A HUGE FAGGOT" on your chest. walk around the busiest street in your town. If you don't die of a heart attack you will have cured your social anxiety.
>>
>>35928514
You know the only way of ever beating your anxiety is by gradual exposure.
Choice is yours though.
>>
>>35928546
>>35928514
ignore "gradual" do it hard all at once and cure yourself instantly.
>>
>>35928514
nobody cares about you there to pay attention to you for more than a second or two
>>
>>35928368
>>35928499
What about for someone who doesn't work out? Why do they need a certain amount of protein?
>>
>>35928514
That was me when I started 4 months ago and I'm not that much bigger now but I don't have gym anxiety. Majority of the people there aren't judging you, and if they are they're judging everyone else too. No one will care what you're doing unless you're doing something seriously wrong. Most people are nice and helpful, and I go to a uni gym.
>>
Is it bad for my knees or something else if I keep 2,5kg pl8s under my heels when front squatting? How about back squatting?
>>
>>35921315
>>35920557
I don't think the caloric surplus is only for maximising protein synthesis. I find it realy hard to recover without a surplus, so I think it's equally about recovery
>>
>>35928546
>>35928562
I know this but it's an emotional issue so I can't rationalize it away. Maybe I should try and find an old man gym where people are less intimidating.

>>35928626
Probably maintenence
>>
>>35928626
Proteins are basically what make your cells function and you can only generate 11 of the 20 amino acids, so if you don't get those 9 essential ones, you'll die.

Having extras of the ones you can synthesize helps too.
>>
>>35920557
What's a good program for hypertrophy for someone past the beginner stage (can't reliably increase linearly anymore)? Not seeing any info on intermediate programs at all except for about texas method, which I'm not really liking the looks of.

I'm natty as well, and my gym only has dumbells, barbells and a squat rack.
>>
>>35928655
Like I said, the choice is yours. If you don't want to try to overcome the anxiety, then be my guest and suffer from it for the rest of your life.
Anxiety is a legit issue, I'm not denying that, but it's your defeatist attitude that's holding you back, not your diagnosis.

I'm not asking you to go into the gym and train normally from day 1. Set realistic goals for youself. It's exactly like increasing your lifts - You start weak and little by little you become stronger over the years. Same fucking thing.
Some people have to start with the empty barbell. Maybe YOU have to start by simply showing up and looking at the gym from outside the first week until you're comfortable with that. Take it from there.

Also, people aren't intimidating. You're intimidated by people. It's not the same thing. The problem lies with you and you have the power to change it if you want to.
>>
>>35928715
I like the Juggernaut Method or one of the hypertrophy focused 5/3/1 templates, such as Boring But Big.
Some people can stay on 5/3/1 for years and keep making progress.
>>
>>35928546
I'm someone else, but this concept confuses me.
Gradual exposure IS one way to deal with contextual anxiety.
However, in my experience, it does not fix anxiety in general. You become comfortable in one facet of your life, while being uncomfortable in many others.
How exactly could I go about solving my general anxiety problem?
>>
>>35928750
You're right and I know you're right, I've got to try harder.
>>
>>35928825
Fuck I know what you mean. I fight and overcome anxiety in one area of life but it leaves the other areas unaffected. Every new thing I do means I have to go through the same shit again and again. You'd think overcoming it in one aspect would help in others, but no...
>>
>>35928854
It is rough, and I constantly think about what life would be as someone without anxious tendencies.
But then again maybe this mindset is what breeds said tendencies.
Hmm.
>>
>>35928866
It might be that or it might be something else entirely. Not knowing is probably one of the reasons it's so hard to overcome.
>>
File: 1439680420274.jpg (32KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1439680420274.jpg
32KB, 251x251px
How am I supposed to bulk if I keep losing my appetite on weekends?
>>
>>35928825
It's hard to get rid off completely. But cognitive behavioral therapy has shown promise.
>>
>>35928952
Interesting, I've got a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy For Dummies book that I haven't read laying around. I'll read it, thanks man.
>>
Just went to the gym for the first time in my life. Now my arms are sore. Not injury sore. But worked hard sore. It is going to be worse tomorrow, right?
>>
>>35928997
It is going to suck tomorrow. And then you will think the next day will be better, but no, the third day is the worst.
>>
>>35928997
most likely. though i never felt sore immediately after working out. usually about 12 hours later.
>>
>>35928965
I don't know much about it, but apparantly it's about learning to question those of your thoughts that are screwing you over. To be critical of your own fucked up way of thinking.
>>
>>35929014
I can see that actually being incredibly powerful.
>>
>>35929001

I'm doing legs tomorrow. Jumped on the leg press just to try it out between arms(again, my first day). Did 55kgs for 8x3 reps. Could do more I think.

>>35929012

I am starting to feel a bit better. Immediately after I could barely lift them. But I've gotten less shaky and there's less pain. But I've always heard the days after are horrible. Just hope I can work competently tomorrow, as I work in a warehouse.
>>
My legs are still sore from Thursdays workout, should ido squats again today while my legs still hurt or give them another day of recovery?
>>
>>35929029
it's gonna be shit, i work a physical job as well and working after training legs is torture
>>
>>35929047

but it needs to be done.
>>
>>35929033
still do
>>
whats that website with the highlighted body parts+ranking
>>
>>35929033
It's fine to work through DOMS.

>>35928950
Try eating more on workout days and less on rest days. Some people prefer that eating pattern. As long as you're in a net surplus, it'll still work.

>>35928715
Any decently balanced split will work well. I'm partial to upper/lower splits like Lyle McDonald's generic bulking routine.

>>35928649
It's less stable than investing in a decent pair of heeled shoes. You might want to consider doing that in the long run.

>>35927869
Try doing an actual pre-made routine instead if making your own.

>>35927829
Progression is going to slow/stall faster in a deficit. Either stick it out and deal with the stall until you finish your fat loss, or switch to a calorie surplus.

Deloads won't help much on a cut.

>>35927766
They stress a bit of everything, but primarily hit the hamstrings, glutes, and spinal erectors (posterior chain). The quads can also be involved during the initial drive off the ground.

>>35929070
Symmetric strength.
>>
I am weak as fuck and was looking about getting some dumb bells (I can't get any real big equipment since I have no room, and I don't really live near a gym). If I were to get a 40lb set of adjustable dumb bells, would it be a waste? If I were to use them regularly would I outgrow that too fast?
>>
Dies my back need to be parallel to the floor doing rows like in the form pictures I see? That seems dangerous.
>>
>>35929109
>would I outgrow that too fast?
Pretty fast, yeah. However, if you're creative with your exercise selection and mix in some bodyweight exercises and learn their progressions, you could be able to make gains for a while, theoretically.
It'd still be much easier to simply join a gym though.
>>
>>35929127
I thought as much. Thanks for the reply. As I said though, a gym isn't much of an option. Maybe I'll just wait until I can find some significantly heavier ones for cheap.
>>
>>35929125
It's more important that your back stays neutral or lordotic during the movement.

If you have the flexibility to stay parallel with the floor, it's ideal since the line of pull is better and it helps eliminate leg drive. It isn't the end of the world if you can't though.
>>
Should i be running with a swollen knee?

I jumped rope a week ago and surprised my knee apparently.
Now i have high water presser around the knee cap, doesn't hurt much though.
>>
>>35929156
If you don't have any other options I say go for it. There are many ways of progressing if you're creative. You don't have to add weight. You can alter tempo, add pauses during the reps, contract harder, manipulate leverages, cut rest periods etc.
Still, it's going to be hard to train your lower body properly.
>>
if I go to sleep saying to myself "lose fat, gain muscle" will I get better results?
>>
>>35929196
Honestly, you might.
>>
>>35929204
I am not trolling, i've been reading about the power of the mind and placebo effect, maybe I can talk my body into doing stuff better
>>
I can keep my back neutral on deadlifts pretty easily while warming up but as soon as I move to a weight that's actually heavy I start rounding towards the top. Is there anything I can do to fix form besides just dropping weight and moving up more slowly? I'm not struggling to lift the weight, but I'm struggling not to round.
>>
>>35921883
How are your hips so high
>>
>>35929209
I wasn't trolling either.

>>35929210
Try to use your lats to keep your back straight. Think about "protecting your armpits" as if somebody was trying to tickle you. This activates your lats, which will help keep your back extended.
>>
>>35920557
Reverse grip rows with the t-bar or the normal bar, whats the difference?
>>
>>35929209
How about you just cut the amount of carbs slowly to boost your lipolysis?
>>
>>35928825
see a doctor (a medical one, not a voodoo priest or even worse, a psychologist).

interned in a psychiatry once, there where some anxiety cases that were really fucked up and responded really well to threatment with meds.

get therapy anon. cant get worse then this.
>>
>>35929212
genetics. Short torso and long legs
>>
I'm currently around 290, down from 315, and am going on a cruise in March. I lift 3 times a week now and I would like to get down to like 260 or 250 before the trip so I have a month and some odd days. Is that even remotely possible? Let's say that I actually did starve myself but continued to lift and drank 20-40g of protein (200-400calories worth) a day how fucked would I be? Would I lose all the muscle I have gained in the past months?

After the cruise I would go back to normal of course.
>>
>>35929394
>>35921883
wow I look almost exactly the same. Bit taller though but also very high hips. Looks a bit weird I hope it'll get better when my upper body fills out
>>
>>35929337
I don't know what lipolysis is,I've been cutting at -500 cals, always hit protein macros and ate "healthy" foods for the rest, fruits and peanuts
>>
If you break up with your /fit girlfriend who has the same gym schedule as you, do you have to start working out at a different time to avoid her at the gym?
>>
>>35920557
Do seasonings count towards your macros ?
>>
>>35929443
Unless you're cool with watching other dudes trying to get in her pants, probably.
>>
If I don't have any weights lower than 1.25kg, can I just use the steel barbell coollars as faux weights, to progress with my OHP?

As in, do 50kg, then 50kg w/ collars, then 52.5kg, and so on.
>>
Barbell rows.
I suck at them.
I've been doing SL5x5 for the last 2 weeks.
And I've corrected my form in most things but still can't get barbell rows right.

My mobility is kinda shit and I'm a manlet.I try to have my chest horizontal to the ground while also being able to hit the ground with the barbell between reps. But it seems wrong that I touch my quads with my stomach .does it matter?

And also even though the weight is only 30 kg right now.(since I started with 25 kg instead of 30.) it is difficult.at later sets and Reps I start compensating by lifting my chest up.I seriously lack the strength to bring it to my chest.

What am I supposed to do? Try next time and if I can't 5x5 stay at the same weight ?
>>
File: 1454450590491.jpg (142KB, 2015x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1454450590491.jpg
142KB, 2015x2048px
dis girl real?
>>
File: imagee.jpg (80KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
imagee.jpg
80KB, 1024x768px
do i have wide hips? still have love handes so it makes my hips even wider
>>
>>35930110
I personally switched from barbell rows, to T-bar rows, which I found a lot easier.
>>
>>35930133
no its anime
>>
>>35930133
Sandra Prikker
>>
I stall for a sec at the bottom of my squats because I have to work hard to push my back into the bar before I come up. Does this mean my back is weak? Should I do more rows and pullups? (I'm still dyel)

I can do the sets properly and maintain my form, it's just my weakest point in the motion is starting the ascent. Maybe that's everybody's weakest point...
>>
I switched to hypertrophy 3 weeks ago, but I feel like a faggot with my Max bench dropping. Should I really go 8-12 on bench or should I do 1-5 like diddly and squat?
>>
>>35930144
Thanks for the advice but I can't see myself doing those at my gym
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Can anyone here reccomend me if Adrian Weale Fighting Fit Program is good??

I see the benefits to running and cardio through it , my 2.4km is 9:50 atm so needs some work but my strength is poor at the moment.

The program doesn't have much weight training added in but reading it im thinking I could do the strength workouts 3 times per week whenever I want to add them in pretty much.

Here's a pic of month one of the program, the following months are mostly the same but the length of the runs increase and a few fartlek runs are in there.
I'm thinking I should probably start the program when I can do between 50-60 press ups and over 10 chin-ups in one set. Then as long as I maintained and built strength from there would be OK. I am 5'10 and weight 142lbs or 10st 2 in stones. So really I am a little under weight for a medium frame and need to get up to between 10st 8 or 12.

Pic is the programme
>>
Currently have a cough that wont go away. Also when I try to take deep breaths I just start to cough. Should I rest for a few days or is it safe to work out?
>>
>>35930139
No. You're fine.
>>
how much time does it take for shoulders to grow?, been doing shoulder excersises for 4 months and mine havent grown a bit, just got harder but not bigger
if i do pullups and pushups will that make them grow?
>>
I caught a cold over the recent days. Nothing to serious but my nose is constantly running and my head feels a little funny, probably because of all the mucus building up.
Is it safe to work out or should I rest? I'm afraid I'll only make it worse and get seriously sick.
>>
>>35930609
1. If you feel sick, then decrease intensity, make workout shorter.

2. If you are ill and have a fever, then skip a workout until you get well.

3. If you are injured then visit a doctor.

4. If you skipped 1-2 workouts because of illness, then train on the: 1st workout – with 65-70% (depends on number of lifts, 1-3 reps- 70%, 3-5 reps - 65%) 2nd workout – with 70-75% 3rd workout – according to the program

5. If you skipped 1-2 weeks because of illness, then on the first two workouts lift no more than 60-65%, next two workouts – with 70-75%. And only after that I recommend to train in full.
>>
>>35930585
Time (sleep and rest) + caloric surplus + the correct nutrients + linear progression will make your shoulders grow. Don't expect to see much growth in your shoulders if you've only went up 3lbs in lean body mass. When you've gained line 10-15lbs lean body mass your shoulders will be broader and bigger
>>
>>35930629
ok, im asking this is because when i started lifting a year ago my whole body got bigger except for my shoulders due to lack of time i couldnt excersise them and now i believe my body looks good at least for me but my shoulders remain the same size as when i started lifting in the first place
>>
who /cocconmode/ here?
I know its a meme but recently my gains and college grades had a decline because social life
Should I enter coccon mode and just focus on my grades and gains for like 6 months or just try to balance it all?
>Hold me /fit/
>>
>>35930629
i got another question
my gym has a 12.5kg dumbell and a 16kg dumbell
i can lift the 12.5kg dumbell no problem but i cant lift the 16kg one for more than 5 reps when i do shoulder press
should i use the shoulder press machine until im strong enough to actually lift 16kg?
>>
>>35930690
lift with 16kg until u cant more and then continue with 12.5kg and finish the set? slowly build up to your demand reps with 16kg
>>
>>35930760
In the original guy you asked the question and agree with this post.

I needed to build my shoulders up a lot so experienced the same as you >>35930650 so yeah.

I'd really reccomend this though ,

Do the 16kg for 3 sets of 5 ( if you can manage 5 ). Wait 30 seconds after the third set with 16k and do the 12.5kg for as many as you can.

Next time aim for 3 sets 6, etc
>>
My food scale claims to measure fluid ounces and milliliters, and I am doubtful of it's ability to do so.

Scales weigh by mass, and different liquids have different amounts of mass, and these measurements are measures of volume. Melted butter is not going to weigh the same as water, neither will milk, ect.

I ask because interestingly most calorie tracking sites list milk/butter and even some solids (like sugar) in increments of volume rather than mass (grams. )

So how accurate are food scales like this?
>>
Started at 292
Down to 232

Still pretty fat but consistently losing. Doughy, whatever you want to use to describe it. I just got out of a relationship and have been pretty depressed, thinking about making a tinder and just getting out there again.

Should I pull the trigger or would I be attracting heinousness into my life? That or I'd just wait, do it once I drop the last 30 lbs.
>>
If i've done EC stack before do I have to ween myself back in or go full blast?

I've got some B4 and one anon told me it was basically caffine. Can I use this instead of caffine in an ec stack?
>>
I feel like my ''inner'' back is somewhat weak and I started rowing because starting 3 plates I have problems keeping my back tight and straight.
Is this logical or am I thinking wrong about this?
My legs should be strong enough for it, it's always the fact that I cannot actually lift the weight with a straight back and I'm overexerting myself trying it and I still don't feel comfortable with the form.
Any lower weights are fine with me formwise but as soon as it gets into the 3 plate area I cannot keep a straight back am I right in training my ''inner'' back or is it probably something else, I know without an actual video you can't help me much but maybe a quick rundown why I probably can't keep my back tight during deadlifts.
Also is it smart to go for 3 sets of 10 reps on the rows or should I keep it at 5 reps seeing as that is the rep range of my deadlifts. Obviously doing 10 reps probably won't hurt but I just want to progress with my deadlifts finally and stop stalling.
>>
>>35930916
Alright I'm sorry I should've mentioned earlier that I was talking about deadlifts, also sumo deadlifts or romanian deadlifts are not an option I want to progress on normal deadlifts.
>>
>Current routine

Monday:
Chest, Triceps, Abs

Bench Press, 3 sets 4-6 reps (2-3 warm-up sets 12 reps)
Incline Press, 3 sets 4-6 reps
Pushups, 2 sets failure
Close-Grip Press, 3 sets 8 reps
French Press, 3 sets 8 reps
Dips, 2 sets failure
Crunches, 5 sets 25 reps

Wednesday:
Back, Biceps, Forearms

Pullups, 2 sets failure
Deadlift, 3 sets 4 reps (2-3 warm-up sets 12 reps)
Barbell Rows, 3 sets 4-6 reps
Lat Pulldowns, 3 sets 8 reps
Barbell Curls, 3 sets 8
Dumbbell Incline Curls, 3 sets 8 reps
Wrist Curls, 2 sets failure
Reverse Wrist Curls, 2 sets failure

Friday:
Legs, Deltoids

Squats, 3 sets 4-6 reps (2-3 warm-up sets 12 reps)
Lunges, 3 sets 4-6 reps
Leg Curls, 3 sets 8 reps
Barbell Shoulder Press, 3 sets 4-6 reps (2-3 warm-up sets 12 reps)
Dumbbell Shoulder Press, 3 sets 4-6 reps
Side Laterals, 3 sets 8 reps
Calf Raises, 4 sets failure

>have bad back and want to do one week on and of rotating squats
>what should I swap each other out for?
>is this actually a good idea? I dont want another injury
>>
>>35931062
>>have bad back and want to do one week on and of rotating squats

rotating deads and squats I mean
>>
>>35930913
Pls respond
>>
BASIC QUESTION

I weighed myself today, at 140lbs.

I'm going to eat 2,800 calories a day ( and obviously eat correctly and weight train ) and in excactly 7 days, this time next week ( the morning ) I'm going to weigh myself again.

Depending on the outcome I will then know how many calories a week I need to eat to gain 0.5lbs a week which should be mostly muscle right?

So if I go from 140 to 141 and gain 1 lb then I need to drop calories about 300 a day etc?

Dumb question but please spoon feed me.

My weekly work and trainin routine are the same so week to week energy expenditure will be very consistent week to week
>>
File: legcurl.jpg (22KB, 394x231px) Image search: [Google]
legcurl.jpg
22KB, 394x231px
Can I hit different parts of the hamstring by varying feet and knee position on leg curls, just like I can do with leg extensions? How?
>>
>>35931410
Drop 250 cals if you gain an extra 0.5 lb beyond 0.5 lb over one week.

Are you a beginner, I'm curious
>>
>>35931410
>
Depending on the outcome I will then know how many calories a week I need to eat to gain 0.5lbs a week

Nah, do it over a month to be semi-sure. Weight fluctuates quite a lot even if you do it the same way each time. Plus, if you just started training you should see a big spike in weight (1-2 kgs) from the added glycogen and water storage in your muscles.
>>
When people say 1/2/3/4 is a good point to move from beginner to intermediate program is that 1rm or for reps?

Been doing SL for 4 months on a cut and I'm there for 1rm. Not sure if I should move to phul or something or just finish at 6 months
>>
>>35931521
Only move from beginner to intermediate, if the beginner routine stops working. Beginner routines are designed to give you the maximum amount of gains in the shortest span of time. If you keep stalling, or failing sets, then move onto an intermediate routine.
>>
I used to be a landwhale and now have extra skin at the bottom of my stomach. Will lifting enough get rid of this? I've been lifting for the past year or so, put on about 30 pounds and there seems to be no change. Am I just going to have to get really big and then cut? Will it just take some time to go away? Or will it always be there/should I just kill myself?

Also

Is it ok to do bodyweight exercises on days I don't lift?

Is it ok to do cardio on non-lifting days?

T-thanks /fit/
>>
>>35931627
are you a grill?
>>
>>35931645
Nope
>>
>>35931662
whatever dude I didn't care anyway
also it's ok to do cardio bodyweight shit I dunno since I'm not gay
>>
>>35931521
If you have a lean mass index of under 20 kg/m^2, 1/2/3/4 are nearly advanced lifts.
>>
>>35925910
You cant. Go see a therapist
>>
>>35925910
go on testosterone injections

>>35931711
Absolutely wrong

Don't mess with that pussy ass shit
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Squat form check, had someone record me today. Attempting a low bar squat. Is this amount of forward lean acceptable? I have long femurs but still unsure. I want to be certain I'm not fucking up massively before I start seriously increasing weights. Any other tips/criticism appreciated. Thanks /fit/.
>>
>>35920557
Is it a big deal to eat a very low amount of calories for just one day? (500-800)
The past two days were constant super bowl parties and my dumbass ruining my cut big time. I just wanted to eat really low cal for a day to make some progress back, then back to my regular calorie limit.
>>
>>35931805
Calories per week are more important than per day. So just cut the total amount accordingly.
>>
>>35931805
better off just going back to your original plan and sticking with it. Just means your cut will go on for 2 days longer, you'll still reach your goal.
>>
>>35920557
>Do you eat a surplus on rest days or do you get fat?

I do both.
>>
>>35931434
Ah ok, thanks.

I'm not a beginner to training I bulked and added 8lbs muscle already but that was literally by eating whatever the fuck I could the months leading to and including Christmas.

I wanna do it more proper this time
>>
>>35931791
I just want to take the time of the day to tell every female on the board that posts pics that I save every picture you guys post, there is no paticular reasons since I am asexual besides some latent homosexuality but that's about it.

Also I only do high bar but with low bar it would be more comfortable to have a wide grip other than that I don't know or care.

>>35920557
You eat at at a surplus because restauration of muscles needs calories and before you know it you're cutting on rest days what a great way to make gains.
>>
>>35931791
>Is this amount of forward lean acceptable?
Looks fine. Although it's hard to tell much from a still frame.
>>
>>35931791
Did he record you or just take the pic. Because a video gives a hell of a lot more information.

But you haven't reached the limit of acceptable forward lean on low bar.
>>
>>35931791
You're squatting high as shit and it's hard to see from here but it looks like your knees might go in, they're supposed to track over your toes. Your back also looks a bit hyper-extended. The lean is fine but, and again it's hard to see from the angle, it looks like the weight is way to far forwards over your toes. The center of mass should be over your mid foot.

But mostly you're way above parallel and until you fix that there isn't much to say because your form will most likely look different then.
>>
Anybody have some dirt cheap mass gainer recipes? Poorfag skelly reporting in. Eat more real foods is not an acceptable answer.
>>
>>35931959
Rice and black beans, the cheapest you will get and it has all esential aminoacids needed to build muscle.
If you wanna buy a mass gainer go for the cheapest one with the least sugar in it and make sure they are at least a whey based mass gainer so you have a nice brotein shake with your sugar bomb.
>>
>>35931985
I can't eat rice and beans in massive quantities. Also too poor for mass gainer but I heard the main ingredient is maltodextrin/dextrose I was wondering if I could just down some of that with milk a few times a day.
>>
>>35932000
That's a quick way to kill yourself so sure.

Why can you not eat rice and beans in massive quantities?
>>
>>35931767
Oh shit check out this tough anon. Bet he even mumbles "fuck you mom" when his parents make him finish his vegetables at dinner
>>
>>35932021
inb4
>I don't like rice/beans
>>
>>35931959
Whole milk. Seriously.
>>
>>35931871
>>35931883
>>35931917
I have a video but uploading it somewhere seems like a pain (I don't have a youtube account or anything). Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure my knees aren't caving in since I look at that closely while I squat, but I'll keep that in mind when I'm squatting again. Will also try to go lower, I was just scared of hurting myself due to being unsure of my back lean.
>>
>>35931767
Nothing wrong with going to therapy
>>
>>35920557
Since the start of Feb I've worked out for 6 days and took a rest day 2 days ago. Should I take today off as well? I don't want to overtrain.
>>
>>35932199
Are you doing a split or 6 days full body?
>>
>>35932223
full body. I don't feel sore or tired either.
>>
>>35932199
>Should I take today off as well?
If what you're doing is working, keep doing it.
If it isn't working, you should probably change a lot more than simply taking a couple of days off.

Don't do random shit.
>>
>>35932248
That does not sound logical work out hard enough for you to need at least 1 rest day after working out.
If you're seeing results and feeling good then keep on doing it but I'm kinda doubting the whole thing, no offense just speaking my mind.
>>
How do you lean bulk?
How do you lose fat without losing muscle?
>>
>>35932338
Just do it
>>
>>35932338
By gaining slowly.
By losing it slowly.
>>
File: frisky frakes.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
frisky frakes.gif
2MB, 250x250px
Im currently doing KRIS GETHIN 12 WEEK MUSCLE BUILDING TRAINER. On day 60, so i have a month left.

My question is, what should i do after the 12 weeks? any reccomendations?
>>
>>35932021
Makes me sick, not enough calories.
>>35932082
Would chocolate milk work too? I really want to make bulking easier.
>>
>>35932359
SS or Stronglifts because you'll still be a fucking beginner. Actually, drop that program and do Starting Strength now.
>>
>>35932374
If you're couting kcal for every dollar or euro you pay you'll get the most out of it wtf.
>>
>>35932374
>Would chocolate milk work too?
I guess, although it'd be more expensive. Also, the fat content is key.
>>
>>35921883
CUT CUT CUT CUT
>>
How do you know when to quit a bulk and start a cut?

How do you gauge how much muscle is under the fat? Are unsuccessful bulks common? (Ie. Start cutting too early and need to bulk again?)
>>
I skwatted 225 for 5 yesterday. First time ever squatting above my body weight. Felt good.

Then I ran with my dogs. I really didn't want to, but I had to exhaust them before letting them meet my new cat.

On to my question.

My hip flexors are sore today. Is this normal for heavy squats with decent form, or is my form actually shit and I'm a huge faggot?
>>
>>35932698
hip flexors can be sore, its perfectly fine
>>
Best tasting whey?
>>
Does having mutual masturbation with a male friend makes me gay?
>>
>>35932744
Yes
Jesus fuck
>>
>>35932732
Chicken
>>
>>35932698
You got your answer, now post kitteh and doges pls
>>
My deadlift has been lagging behind. Squat is at 265 and my deadlift is at 285. I think it's because I work out alone and I'm afraid of going to snap city on deads since I can't see my back round. What do?
>>
>>35932682
You're focusing on the wrong thing. You don't cut when you've built enough muscle (how much is really enough anyway?). You cut when you've gotten too fat. Once you reach a certain level of bodyfat you'll have to cut no matter how much or how little muscle you've managed to build.

Unsuccessful bulks are quite common. Mostly people are too impatient and eat way too much and think their rapid weight gain means they've built that much more muscle. But the truth is that is even if you eat way more than your TDEE, you won't build significantly more muscle that way. Taking it slow and realizing you won't become a massmonster overnight is always better.
>>
>>35920557
Can somebody post that SS with accesories that the one trap tripfag posted?
>>
>>35932785
You need to squat deeper, first off.

I was squatting 200 for reps and deadlifting 280 for reps with chicken legs at 140 pounds
>>
>>35932816
Just do ss with accessories. Do people really have this many problems over programming? You're a fucking beginner. Do regular SS for a month then add dips, chinups, and calf raises and you'll be fine. Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>35932744
Naw. That's bro tier, m8
>>
Can I/Should I do Farmer Walks every time I lift?
Best trap exercise(s)?
Is a post-workout recovery drink necessary/significantly beneficial?
>>
File: 1349997231465.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1349997231465.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>35932847
m8 I've never been to the gym in my life. If I have no fucking idea what I'm doing of course I'm gonna second guess everything.
>>
>>35932878
>Can I/Should I do Farmer Walks every time I lift?
You can if you don't go incredibly heavy every time. It'd probably be better to just do it once or maybe twice a week and spend energy on other exercises though.

>Best trap exercise(s)?
High pulls and power snatches.

>Is a post-workout recovery drink necessary/significantly beneficial?
No. Provided your nutrition is generally solid throughout the day.
>>
>>35932878
>Can I/Should I do Farmer Walks every time I lift?
Why would you want to? I do farmers twice a week and my forearms are juicy enough.
>>
>>35932812
Thanks bro, that's way more logical than what I was thinking
>>
>>35932896
Just do SS you'll have a pump in front of the mirror and see where you need work while flexing, then you'll know where you need specific work and google exersizes or ask here and people can be more specific.
For a beginner the first weeks of SS will be enough to want to make you kill yourself, first the form and then the huge weight steps once you got it right.
>>
I'm doing SS but I'd like to spend some extra time at the gym. What would be the best use of said time?
A) core/mobility work
B) cardio
C) accessory lifts - I already do chins and dips but my upper body is having major trouble progressing lately even though im still completely dyel so i was thinking of doing pullups or rows and maybe lat raises and flyes. Possibly even some extra forearm work. Hoping to focus on both strength and aesthetics at some point though i understand aesthetics arent the goal of SS and thats something to focus on after finishing the program. Im bulking if that changes anything.
>>
>>35932823
I squat very deep m8. I love squatting, trex mode even.
>>
>>35933415
A) If you're a guy no, nobody wants to see some fag stretching do that at home
B) Yes do it to warm up or after working out to lose fat
C) Yes look where you are lacking and work on it.
>>
How do I get bigger balls?
>>
>>35933417
Well then. I know who doesn't have a juicy ass like myself

Work on that posterior chain. That's your weakness
>>
>>35933550
do not jack off
>>
>>35933415
Do not listen to this guys >>35933446 A)
You absolutely should work on your mobility and flexibility. Stretching and staying loose is extremely important. Who cares what normies at the gym think. Do what you want and stretch.
And in regards to C), what are your lifts? Cause if they are still low chances are you arent eating enough. I know you said youre bulking but getting to a 2 plate bench is easy if you are eating appropriately. And forearm work is great and you def should do. Farmers walks are all you need.
>>
>>35933603
Fight me irl you little cunt
>>
File: 1454891124357.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454891124357.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>35933631
When and where?
>>
>>35933650
at your dads house whoever makes him cum first
>>
File: 1454893270526.gif (4MB, 177x186px) Image search: [Google]
1454893270526.gif
4MB, 177x186px
>>35933670
Im winning as we speak.
>>
>>35926752
You should work out before waking up for the best results m8
>>
>>35932087

convert to webm with Xmedia Recode. Easy as shit.
>>
>>35933603
I OHP 85 and bench 130. This is with a 195 squat and 240 deadlift. I power clean 110 but ive been doing those for under a month. I'm eating about 3800 kcal a day at 175lb bw and fairly consistently gaining weight so i really doubt diet is the issue. Also, as i mentioned im only having trouble progressing on bench and ohp which is why i feel accessories could be helpful.
>>
>>35933754
Ok well you are saying you are stuck at those numbers, how long have you been stuck? And sure accessories are fine. Dips and flys are personal favorites.
>>
>>35933818
it generally takes me about 3-4 tries to progress in 2.5lb increments on bench and OHP. I just deloaded my OHP after failing reps three times in a row.
>>
>>35933840
>tries
Are you talking about individual workouts? And im guessing you are benching twice a week? You could do some dumbbell work as well. Also your bench should go up quicker than OHP.
>>
>>35932957
Sadly can't do those lifts at my gym for traps, any others you would recommend?

Thanks for the rest of the info though

>>35933008
Because they're fun and I wanna get them thick forearms
>>
>>35933877
yeah, individual workouts. I do each exercise 1.5 times per week so thats about two weeks of stalling before any progress. My bench is going up faster but only barely. I definitely like the idea of dumbell work - something like incline bench or would flyes and lat raises be more appropriate? not opposed to doing all 3
>>
>>35933902
>Because they're fun and I wanna get them thick forearms
true we all do, but its just like any other body part. You can over train them. Twice a week is plenty as long as you are doing them heavy.

>>35933920
You need to up your frequency. 1.5 times a week is not enough especially for a beginmer. You should be hitting each body part at least twice a week. and maybe a 3rd day for volume. Incline press is fun and i personally use pec dec for flys. lat raises are a meme lift that wanna be body builders do. They wont help your OHP go up. I OHP 150 3x5 and ive never done a lat raise in my life.
>>
When I change from bulk to cut I drop about 6lbs in a week from water or gycogen or whatever. Starting weight is about 215 @ 22%bf.

This is normal right? How much do you insta-drop?
>>
>>35933902
>any others you would recommend?
Hang power cleans. Shrugs too, I guess. Just don't use too much weight and only half ROM like most idiots.
>>
Do I have body dysmorphia or do I still have to wait for my arms to look big?

I can overhead press 120lbs for reps but I still feel small. Is this a weight where I'm actually small?
>>
>>35934005
>6lbs a week
Anon thats not only too fast but sounds borderline dangerous. You should cut much slower. Well in reality you shouldnt bulk and cut at all, its a meme pushed on here to make dyels think its a magic bullet. You should lean bulk and then re-assess.

>>35934052
Still small. Its ok just dont stop lifting.
>>
File: forever-small.jpg (114KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
forever-small.jpg
114KB, 500x301px
>>35934052
Gotta be at least 2pl8 to be big
>>
How bad would using Coke once a month (high quality, about .5-1g each session) affect gains?
>>
>>35934385
It would augment gains.
>>
>>35934385
it severely harms sleep quality and you have several days of recovery where you won't be able to perform at your peak. Also its an extremely dumb drug that i have only ever seen complete retards do regularly
>>
Should I do chest/tris, back/bis, legs/shoulders over a 3 day period? Or should I do full body workouts everyday, not going for getting big just for strength at this point.
>>
>>35934427
If you just want strength then you should just follow a pure powerlifting routine.
>>
>>35934427
if you just started then you should do full body all 3 days. Best options for strength alone are SS and candito's linear program
>>
is there a way to tell if girls im picking up will actually be able to take a dick? tired of getting a toothy blowjob or a handjob and being sent on my way
>>
>>35934438
I'll consider that. I used to be on one but I like doing a balance of heavy lifting and lifting for reps throughout my workout.
>>35934446
I've been lifting for a couple years but I'm trying different workouts just to switch it up I guess. As of right now I have lots of time, and I'm doing two a days with the C/T,B/B, and L/S routine. I'll give canditos a look
>>
>>35934522
If you are doing two a days, why not powerlifting program in the morning and reps in the evening?

>>35934487
Stop picking up sluts and get a real women as a girlfriend.
>>
>>35934580
but i like picking up sluts :(
>>
>>35934402
Liar
>>35934407
You're probably right but I just love feeling like superman once a month
>>
>>35934580
Fucking genius. Idk why I didn't think of that shit.
>>
>>35934588
Dont we akk, but you get out what you put in im afraid.

>>35934620
If its only once a month youll be fine.
>>
>>35934647
Cause you like boyz
>>
>>35934658
What powerlifting routine do you follow?
>>
I have been going to the gym for 3 months and been doing some light powerlifting for a while too, but i dont see that much progress. Is it worth to buy creatine? Is it bad for health?
>>
>>35934690
I dont, i do a PullPushLegX routine which i enjoy. If you need one most people rave about 5/3/1 and texas method.
>>
>>35934710
>lifting 3 months
Man creatine wont make a difference. You need to eat, lift and sleep more and youll be fine.
>>
>>35934710
its super cheap and has very few side effects but wont do a whole whole lot so its up to you. 5g any time of day if you use it
>>
Want to add Snatch to my routine but dunno how

A:
>Front Squats
>Bench Press
>Power Clean 5 x 3

B
>FS
>OHP
>Deadlift 1x5

Rest is 3x5, what if I change OHP for Snatch?
>>
Hey /fit/,
I'm currently bulking, getting 180g of protein a day (one 50g shake after lifting), rest from chicken / eggs / beef etc. I feel like I'm spending all my time fuckin cooking chicken.

I've been cooking in a pan with some olive oil (salt+pepper) - I was wondering if you there were other ways for me to cook it with it still tasting good / not drying out (I can't be spending one to two hours total everyday cooking chicken)

I'm looking for something with very low prep time, and management (ie: not having to flip my chicken every 3-4 minutes)

Do you recommend baking chicken breast? Slow cooker? What's the best way in your opinion

Thanks in advance
>>
>>35935248
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZIPWhJ5rC4
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 430x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 430x350px
What should I do for cardio on my rest days: swimming or running?
>>
>>35932698
>First time ever squatting above my body weight.
C U T
U
T
>>
>>35920557
Why do you need to deload after failing 3x in a row? What if you take a 3-4 day pause while eating better and just lift again trying to break the plateau?
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.