[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weed general: Does weed make you groggy/tired in the morning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 30

File: weed.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
weed.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
Weed general:

Does weed make you groggy/tired in the morning?

I feel like after smoking for a few days straight i wake up feeling tired and achy. Is there any cure for this (weed hangover?)
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 640x1136px
>>35916531
do you wake and bake every morning OP?

i find that pot gives me grogginess too. I'd like some remedies in the form of motion, diet, etc to keep my cognative function even though I'm a pothead.

bumping for interest.
>>
>>35916531
>Is there any cure for this (weed hangover?)

Other than quitting, no. I've smoked for long stretches of time during 5 years, and eventually I ended up quitting because I was tired of feeling tired and missing focus because of the weed. I feel much better now.
>>
>>35916551

no I only smoke one bowl every night.
>>
I've found exercise, particularly cardio, helps curb the severity of the bongover
>>
>>35916576
i think this anon is onto something.
>>
Weed impacts REM sleep, don't be high 1-5 hours before bed. Some strains significantly help sleep, if you cannot do basic phenotyping with bud to determine it's qualities and just enjoy getting stoned, don't bother. Usually indica is fine, but you might still be groggy unless it knocks you the fuck out (e.g grandaddy purp [IIRC]).
>>
Smoking too often burns you out. No way around it other than smoking less.
>>
>>35916531
Nah, noway a psychoactive substance would have long-term effects on your mindset and well-being

honestly just kill yourself
>>
>>35916551
I suggest a med card, Jack Herer and Grape Ape make me feel clearheaded and have never given me any brainfog/afterglow, personally. Not a good idea to forget cannabis is a drug that can be misused, but not necessarily abused. My method is to use a vaporizer for the added CBDs (they give me a dreamier, more enjoyable high), use specific strains, and partake infrequently in order to increase efficiency and stay cognitive. It's refreshing, like a cold stream in a pine forest on a misty morning in solitude. Great drug, recommended!
>>
>>35916647

How much would you guys say is misuse?

I'm a premed student and gotta study an insane amount. Would a bowl a night be that much of a problem?
>>
>>35916576
this
>>
>>35916594
I don't care about strains, but I always smoke about an hour before bed. I wake up fine and feeling well rested.
>>
File: 1452986360537.jpg (171KB, 718x717px) Image search: [Google]
1452986360537.jpg
171KB, 718x717px
>>35916686
Nah dude. Just make sure to control it. Because it's really easy for 1 bowl a night to turn into 1 bowl after class/work, and 1 bowl at night.

Just make sure anything productive you have to do is done before you smoke, and you'll be fine. That's how I handle it. It makes sure it's not a hindrance on my life, and keeps it pretty lowkey as well.
>>
>>35916647
>>35916647
For me it depends on how much I smoke and my method for smoking. Three 1 hitters is normally my target. I bought a PAX vape recently and that seems to have less negative side effects.
>>
>>35916686
Isn't that up to you to decide? Not sure why a small amount of cannabis would impact your life in a significant way. I prefer to be alone whilst high, especially when on a sativa, you should get the point.
>>
i would recommend anyone out there that doesnt smoke weed to continue not smoking weed. i do it daily and it really forms bad habits. i love getting baked but it has definitly made my life shittier over the past 5 years. in b4 you were a piece of shit before you smoked weed dont blame it bro. that may be true but with weed you are ok with being a piece of shit which is going to fuck you in the long run.
>>
File: taken-king4.jpg (420KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
taken-king4.jpg
420KB, 1920x1080px
>bought PS4
>bought Destiny
>Bought ounce of weed
Literally no sleep. Had. to. get. one. point. higher. gear.
>just one point higher

This shit went on for weeks.
>Eventually beat Hardmode Oryx
>success baby.jif

>Weed ran out
>Gave PS4 away
>Life returned to normal

No regrets

Point of this story?
>Destiny + Weed is fucking AWESOME
>>
I rarely experience a mixture of contempt, pity and flat-out disbelief at the level of mental gymnastics people are able to inflict upon themselves than I did upon reading the posts in this thread. Bravo.
>>
>>35916636
"""""""quentin"""""""" pls go
>>
never and i smoke every day
>>
Bump because of interest.
>>
>>35916838
do you have trouble remembering your dreams?

supposedly weed fucks up your sleep cycles and you dont enter the dreaming phase (or dont enter it as much as you should be)
>>
got me some stacks but no hangover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFr8RgAxMeA
>>
File: irGDXO7.jpg (56KB, 730x973px) Image search: [Google]
irGDXO7.jpg
56KB, 730x973px
I smoke every day and still box/lift/cardio almost every day of the week. AMA
>>
>>35917087
>420 kb jpg
>>
>>35917049
this is good advice. i smoked it every day for about 10 years and am currently in month 2 of giving up. it makes me lazy and stupid, plus i don't like how my whole day would become a precursor to getting stoned, like i was just trying to get everything out of the way so i could smoke and do nothing. sort of realised the things i was trying to get out of the way are what normal people call life. sounds deep and fedora i know, but it's true.
>>
Anyone here dab and not smoke?

Shatter for life?
>>
>>35916531
weed is the worst drug there is.

effects of weed smoking
--- negative ----
- tired and lazy
- socially retarded
- unconfident
- unmotivated
- slow
- weak(er)
- coughing
- shit condition
- shit skin
- shit red tard eyes.
- all you want to do is smoke more
- you can't even memorise a 4 digit number
- it takes days to get rid of thc and smoking metabolites.

----------------------------
---- positive ------
-----------------------------
- you aren't bored

Weed sucks the hardest of all drugs
paying for depression?

KEK
>>
>>35917676
nah lad you left out that it feels nice. and sometimes you feel more perceptive, and it can make you more creative too. also orgasms are way more intense. but i agree with all your negatives, which is why i don't smoke it anymore. i love it though.
>>
>>35916531
Weed helped me quit other drugs(x, speed, coca). My job is really stressfull and weed really relieve that. I used to snort few lines before customer meetings but now i have changed to weed. One or two small hits before meeting really makes me more focused on customers perspective and all my sales numbers has gone of the chart.
>>
>>35917707
> getting yourself in a psychotic. socially retarded state where you can't function properly and are unconfident

> it feels nice

------------
> creative
you don't actually get more creative, plus you are to baked / lazy to do something useful anyway

toppest kek
>>
>>35917753
>snort few lines before customer meetings
Wew lad, sounds like you had a real fucking problem.
>>
>>35917755
I don't know how the smoke in moderation:the post
If you cant handle it/dont know your limits thats what happens. But if you keep it light its pretty nice, having a pint and a small smoke is probably the best mood i can ever be in. Literally my perfect evening with friends.
>>
>>35917766
I work +12h per day and around 3 meetings every day. Good luck for doing it without stimulants.
>>
>>35917676
lol. sounds like you couldn't handle your weed and is salty because of it. weak bastard.
>>
File: 1418888253388.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1418888253388.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
smoke at night

don't 420 BLAZE IT FAGGOT every day

try to keep it to once a week and make it fun and like you earned it.

weed is a potent drug. over time you'll need more of it to feel the same effect as 1 hit felt when you started smoking.

You'll need to chainsmoke 4joints to make you feel "high".

When you're a hardcore stoner, you wont even feel hungry. it'll actually make you feel like not eating.

You'll find it hard to concentrate and have delusional thoughts.

It's all fun and games in the beginning with 420 blaze it erryday, until you suddenly realise you spent 8 years smoking weed and it feels more depressing than fun.
>>
In my vast experience, you can't cure that groggyness. Everyone handles it differently though. Defs depends how much you smoke the night before. Pro tip: Don't fuck up your lungs by smoking a lot of it every night or doing bong hits every night. If you ever feel like you've gotten strep throat or laryngitis stop smoking straight away. Also its not a great drug for weight loss lol.
>>
File: muscle.jpg (229KB, 705x848px) Image search: [Google]
muscle.jpg
229KB, 705x848px
>>35917775
if you are addicted and smoke regulary
( and trust me you will eventually )
you don't smoke moderately. you blaze that shit till its gone. you smoke yourself so baked you aren't moving from your couch untill your complete sack is GONE and the next morning when your weed is gone , YOU GO BUY NEW WEEDS

thats how weeds works
don't be fooled be this nigger drug
if you are white you should not smoke.
>>
>>35917841
word.
>>
>>35917585
>tfw have some really good weed this one time
>tfw my brain feels like it's being rained on
>can feel little tiny droplets of not pain, but some intense sensation
>it goes in patterns, at first like a wave, then a ring starting from my scalp, and then random rainfall pattern
>literally half asleep/half awake feeling this sensation and feeling so fucking happy
>wake up groggy, confused and with cotton mouth
>drink some honey scotch mixed with coke for half an hour
>perfectly fine
>>
File: 1447218586147.jpg (14KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1447218586147.jpg
14KB, 500x375px
>>35917841
I agree with this. Not completely, but I guess that is because everyone is different.
But yeah I was smoking pretty much all day erryday for 5 years with a few T-breaks that were VERY short. Eventually you just smoke to become "normal" again and not high, do not recommend tbf pham.

Been going 16 weeks without smoking now and might go back to smoking once a month or so in 5 weeks, will just do it on special occasions.
>>
>>35917977
>Been going 16 weeks without smoking now and might go back to smoking once a month or so in 5 weeks, will just do it on special occasions.
this is me. don't think i have the willpower to buy some and only smoke a little on special occasions though so i'm not going near it. if dealers sold just enough for single spliffs it'd be different but they don't
>>
>>35917996
I know the feels all too well. Used to be that way also, which is why I seldom took a break longer than a week always rationalizing it somehow.
Truth is though that the last weeks of smoking it just made me feel shit and it left me with some kind of inprint which makes the thought of smoking that much again is really off putting.

Also I remember that smoking in moderation makes it all so much more great. But trust me, I still get urges and I guess it's a struggle within. Try and be strong and stay disciplined.
>>
>>35917948
haha, why are you so afraid of weed?
I haven't smoked in about 3 weeks, but sharing a joint with some friends is just like having a beer the chances of it ruining your life are pretty much zero.
>if you are addicted and smoke regulary
>( and trust me you will eventually )
You are clearly a fucking mug.
>>
>>35917996
Do you have mates who smoke, i bet they would let you buy a spliffs worth of them occasionally if you wanted, just explain to them you don't want to have alot of it lying around because you arent sure you can control yourself.
>>
File: 1451316620498.gif (24KB, 60x95px) Image search: [Google]
1451316620498.gif
24KB, 60x95px
i've been smoking 3/4 times a week for the past 2 years and yes, it makes you more tired and groggy in the morning. but for no real reason i haven't smoked in nearly 2 weeks and i've gotta say it's great. i feel much more fit and i've had crazy dreams which i can remember really well.

If you don't have have any problems with being tired i don't really see a reason to stop, i mean it's fucking fun to get baked and play games with friends. But for me giving up weed is really worth it.
>>
File: 1454007068551.jpg (299KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1454007068551.jpg
299KB, 500x667px
probably shouldn't be smoking while on an eca stack, but since starting I no longer feel tired after getting high. I feel great actually.
>>
>>35918033
all my mates smoke actually. been avoiding them for the last 2 months in an effort to properly get out of the habit. going to try and go 4 months or so without it and then ask to buy a single j off one of them and see how i get on.
>>
>don't smoke at all usually
>dude 420 blaze everyday faggot at uni
>>
>>35918051
is there a current picture of this guy
>>
>>35917970
bumping for answer same thing happened to me once before
>>
>>35917676

everyone is affected differently for me weed pros are:
-motivates me to and makes me able to exercise
-reduces pain
-helps with nausea so i can eat and keep food down
-makes sex better
-helps me concentrate when i write or play guitar
-makes wandering around outside in nature more enjoyable
-makes gardening more enjoyable, and the physical side of it more do-able
-is a social activity
-feels good
-helps me relax

it doesn't affect my memory to the extent you're acting like it does, i could memorize a number but i might forget why i walked into a room for a second

it doesn't affect my confidence at all, and it motivates me

the biggest downside of weed is that it isn't free
>>
>>35917948

i smoke nearly every day, sometimes i'll binge smoke and other times i just smoke a little and i'm good and i don't smoke again that day

but i don't smoke to sit on the couch and do fuckall, everything you're saying is ridiculously overblown and based on stereotypes
>>
>>35918351

btw:

i've been smoking regularly for about 9 years
>>
>smoke weed
>complain about feeling tired or groggy

Jesus fucking christ potheads are retarded
>>
File: 1329113380611.jpg (58KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1329113380611.jpg
58KB, 1000x667px
>>35918238
You have no idea how long I've been waiting to bust this picture out. Thank you anon, now I'm free.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 500x650px
>>35918454
>>
>>35916531
weed turns me into a zombie when i smoke it - i have an unbelievably low tolerance for the stuff so i cant smoke it socially. i literally have two hits of a joint and im out like a light.

BUT, when i wake up i feel like im coming out of a glorious coma. nothing gives me better sleep than weed does.
>>
>>35917049
Yeah, nah, you're a retarded degenerate stoned man.
>I cannot control a non addictive substance
>I don't have an addictive personality
>I'm not a piece of shit
>TRULY. CANNABIS IS EVIL
This is you, dumbass stone, lol.
>>
File: 1411605094545.png (31KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1411605094545.png
31KB, 251x251px
>>35918454
>>
If you're cutting, I'd really recommend ditching the weed if you're prone to munchies. I had to take a break for ~ a month and my cut was going wonderfully, but this past week I started again and have been overeating even with IF. I still love the feeling, but at this point smoking turns me into a binge-eating master, and god dammit I wanna finish my cut already.
>>
>>35919124
Same, I got really lean, like 8-9% body fat and then started smoking regularly and it led to huge binges and me putting fat back on.

It must be because of the dieting and my relationship to food, before I got into fitness and got my life together I was a real skinny stoner. I don't recall getting the munchies that bad before, I'd just eat Pringles and drink coke and play WoW all day.
>>
>>35916686
No it wouldn't. What is a problem is when you smoke an amount that impacts you negatively. All use is medical use, even if it's Sunday night and you're blowing off steam.

But if you smoke so much you can't do what you need to do, then it's misuse.
>>
I'm currently experiencing sleep problems and it's probably due to smoking large amounts daily for 1,5 years.
>>
Everyone's body is different. Some weed is stronger then other weed and depends how you smoke it bong/joint. Just learn your body, I only smoke before bed, after I'm done with my day's work and responsibilities. It helps me sleep 100x better then when I don't smoke. In the morning I'm groggy depending on how late I smoked and how early I have to wake up. I found for me I had a cut off time at night ex: waking up at 6 I wouldn't smoke after 9- maybe 10. I wouldn't normally wake up with a weed hangover but most days I felt a little groggy and that's where coffee and breakfast came in, it would snap me out of it almost instantly.
>>
>>35917619
>>
>>35917087
i play so much runescape when im smoking, but i never do it sober. what is my life
>>
>>35917841
>smoke at night
nope.avi
>>
>>35916576
>>35916591
>>35916834
>not smoking weed pre-cardio
CMON
>>
>>35919312
Sounds like a burger flipper or community college loser life
>>
Can you vape herb/kief or it is just for extracts like oil and the like? I smoke medically but it's starting to fuck with my lungs so I want so switch to vaping but since I'm poor I can't afford to vape oil every day
>>
weed actually energizes me and increases my focus/concentration. unless i smoke too much, at which point it makes me paranoid. i don't know what "too much" is until i've arrived at it. it's like deciding to swim as far as possible and not realizing that it's too much it until one's gone too far.

never felt groggy because of weed.
>>
>>35918625

He's not calling it evil retard. He's saying exactly what it is. It makes you content. With whatever. Being a shithead, being a terrible do-nothing day after day after day, and weed makes you okay with that. Every day you just keep smoking and you keep being okay, but nothing more.
>>
File: back.png (322KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
back.png
322KB, 546x700px
>>35917676
I memorized your post number in 5 seconds, and I'm toasty as fuck right now

Obviously you just aren't a weed guy, I myself am incapable of drinking alcohol without becoming abhorrently nauseous immediately

>Lift heavier weight while high
>Social anxiety replaced by desire to engage in conversation
>Turn into arrogant bastard
>Insatiable desire to try new things and meet people
>Perception skyrockets
>Only cough after too hard of a hit
>Skin is already shit thanks to eczema
>Nobody makes eye contact that forcefully
>All I want to do is bone girls and bulk hard
>Afterglow is fucking cash

Negatives (?)
>Sometimes my dealer is a pain in the ass

Back to /pol/ please, while the rest of us do what we want and make gainz while doing it
>>
ITT:

>hurr durr dont smoke weed it made me a piece of shit

maybe you were just a piece of shit anyway? if you want to smoke, you're responsible for becoming lazy/a piece of shit, not the weed
>>
>weed made me a lazy piece of shit don't smoke it etc. etc.

maybe you were just a lazy piece of shit to begin with? people who blame weed for their problems are laughable, if you want to smoke, smoke, you're responsible for yourself and are to blame if you become a lazy piece of shit, not weed
>>
>>35920057
>Skin is already shit thanks to eczema
take LSD it clears up skin immediately
>>
>>35920028

except that's not true, if weed makes you complacent you already were
>>
File: dude.jpg (66KB, 460x450px) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
66KB, 460x450px
>>35920092
Okay, random faggot on 4chan, that sounds like a great idea!
>>
>>35920058
>>35920072
>double posting

I blame the weed..
>>
>>35916563
>>35916594
>>35916647
>>35916857
>>35917049
>>35917647
>>35917707
>>35917753
>>35917841
>>35917977
>>35918018
>>35918048
These people are all on to things. I agree. I've been in CO for three years now, basically right before official legalization of weed. Before that I was a once or twice a month and special occasions smoker for years. Then I was high every minute of every day for a year and a half. Had a full time 8 - 5 white collar job. I was determined to be high every minute of every day. I've now brought it back down to taking week long breaks or once or twice a week.

Weed will fuck you up if you let it. When I smoked once or twice a month, I was bummed I couldn't smoke more because every smoke session was fucking amazing. Crazy visuals, slow motion video, just amazing. It made sex 100 times better for me and me 100 times better at it.

Smoking every day felt edgy and awesome for about 6 months. It gave me a high getting promotions and being rewarded at work for doing work blazed out of my mind. It was fun sneaking it around. I had a 420 girlfriend at the time too, which made it even better.

But then I start getting the sweats when I was coming down. $$ became an issue when you're dabbing, eating edibles, smoking bowls, and packing blunts every day. I stopped making gains in the gym. I started passing out all the time, sleeping away my weekends in my girlfriend's bed fucking and being high but getting literally nothing done. I developed insomnia. I had to light up in the middle of the night to sleep.

Arguments about money and weed started happening between me and my girl because neither of us had the self control to put the pipe down.

And forcing myself to reduce my weed consumption after that year and a half? Hard. Sweats, panic attacks, insomnia, hormones going crazy, mood swings, etc. I'm on my way and I left that girl, but weed... is amazing and also a slow creep killer if you let it be.
>>
>>35920134

so you had a problem and suddenly everyone else is you? i've smoked weed almost every day for the past 9 years, all without the issues you're describing

what you're doing is the equivalent of a landwhale telling everyone who eats candy that they're going to be just like them, no they're not some people have more control than others

i have weed right now, and i didn't smoke at all yesterday it was too cold out so i didn't want to bother even though i've missed about two days including yesterday since december

i've gone through an ounce in two weeks, but i've also made a dub last a week just smoking a small bowl once a day instead when i've decided to cut back

i can and do take tolerance breaks when necessary

and i've noticed for me personally there's a point in being high where i don't get any higher i can smoke more and it will last longer but i level out so i don't continue past it since it's a waste

i also enjoy being sober after long periods of being high because then it feels new and different like an altered state of mind
>>
I don't see how smoking weed in the late evening, once you have finished your duties, can be harmful.

Late in the evening I find an interesting documentary to watch and prepare a large meal to eat (bulking), then I do two hits from the bong and enjoy the food and documentary. When I am finished, I take another hit from the bong, fap and then go to sleep.

I really don't see how this can be harmful. I understand that weed isn't good for your lungs, and my eyes are a little bit dry in the morning but other than that I feel completely fine and well rested and ready for a new day.
>>
>>35920134
Thx for sharing.
>>
>>35920695

>BLUE BOARD
>SFW
>MOOOOOOODSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
File: 1433609373794.jpg (199KB, 712x612px) Image search: [Google]
1433609373794.jpg
199KB, 712x612px
>>35920705
wrong file sry pls no ban senpai
>>
My friend says not to smoke weed post workout on leg day because it messes up the muscles in your back. Is this bro science or is there any basis to it?
>>
>>35920734
Everything on /fit/ is broscience
>>
>>35920134
That happened because you treated being high as being normal, you gotta treat weed respectfully. Keep your stoner half in check and only get high when you have time to be high and want to be high. Smoking weed just to smoke weed is how people ruin their tolerances and become useless potheads dependent on the stuff.
>>
>>35920307
Can't you fucking read retard?
He says "if you let it be" at the fucking end.
>>
>>35916531
It could also be the fact that you are sucking in CO and smoke. Do yourself a favor and stick to edibles or other non-smoking alternative
>>
I don't smoke, but my gf does. I didn't care at first. Now however, that we are entering the third year of our relationship I have to think seriously about her. Part of that discussion is her weed usage. I'm not going to ask her to quit, but she needs to decrease her consumption of the drug.

Reading this thread has been very informative guys. Thanks
>>
>>35916531
>Is there any cure for this (weed hangover?)
Yes. Don't waste your money or ruin your health by smoking the shit, you fucking moron. Smoking ANYTHING is bad for your health.
>>
>>35921214

i guess i can't, happy?
>>
>>35920134
Same boat, still miss my 420 gf though 4 years later but its for the good
>>
>>35921617
It's probably because you smoke too much weed.

>>35920134
>Sweats, panic attacks, insomnia, hormones going crazy, mood swings
Damn, I've been smoking like a chimney for the past 6 months, past two days I've been trying to quit and have been going through the exact same thing, shit sucks.
>>
How do I get weed? Seriously

I'm a shut-in with no IRL friends btw, where do I start?
>>
>>35923467
Ask the nearest black guy you come across.
>>
>>35921760
How much fucking weed did you smoke? I quit after 6 years of practically daily use and I had maybe 2 nights where I woke up sweating.
>>35921523
You're going to ruin your relationship like that fuckstool. Just let her do her thing and if it actually somehow effects you then drop her ass, cause I guaran-fucking-tee you she won't put up with your overbearing faggot ass telling her what she can and can't do.
>>
File: klokovpypu162kg.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
klokovpypu162kg.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>35916531
Do yoga
Lift weights
Go for a run
Read a book

If you want to add something like weed to your body you have to make use of your time to be productive and responsible

I personally like doing OHP
>>
File: Rebeka Koha 105kg CJ.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Rebeka Koha 105kg CJ.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>35920058
>>35920072
Underrated posts

>>35920134
Took it way too far

>>35920307
>>35920491
They get it

>>35921523
>>35921614
Really bad trolls
>>
>>35916647
>don't forget it's a drug! and can be misused!
>but not abused that's just every other drug in the world

shut the fuck up, changing your state of conscious 24/7 with any substance is abusing it, and the half life of pot is so fucking long that stoners are being effected by it every second of their lives. I did drugs for a year, and abused weed, xanax, alcohol, adderall, various opioids, coke, mdma, and ketamine. None of those individually fucked me up, changed my personality as much, and made me as stupid of a person as weed did.
I haven't smoked in 5 years, and just drink some high quality beer and whiskey a day or 2 a week, and Xanax maybe once a month now. And I agree 100% that weed has some extremely promising medical implications, and can be used in extreme moderation recreationally to improve one's life. But the whole "smoke weed everyday" stoner culture just ruins people's lives, and I have absolutely zero respect for anyone who indulges and gives in like that every single day, no matter the substance.
>>
>>35921760

probably more because i'm having a bad day with chronic illness, been sober

>>35925413

that's you, personally nothing affected me worse than coke, and i've taken quite a few drugs

very few people in my life know the difference between me sober, and me high (from weed specifically, but also opioids and benzos) and unless they're smoking with me i don't know anyone who can tell with 100% accuracy because i'm not affected in a way that significantly alters my personality

some people can hold their shit together, others can't, you can't with weed, but the problem with a lot of people who can't hold their shit together is that they often wrongly judge other people based on themselves
>>
>>35916531
I don't get how you guys smoke this shit.
Every time I do it the effects are negative.
I get very paranoid, anxious and my internal monologue doesn't stop.
Last time I only had 1/2 a joint and had a panic attack that lasted 3 hours, felt like I was in hell I was a mess of incoherent thoughts.
Granted I'm naturally anxious, stressed out and high strung.

inb4
>br0o0O0o0O0o0 you just need to find the right strain :^)))))))
>>
I love waking up and hitting some tasty shatter and pumping out some squats.
>>
>>35925577

have you tried indica heavy weed? i've never met anyone who's had a panic attack after smoking some kush
>>
>>35925629
I have.
Still felt pretty crappy, anxious but to a lesser degree.
>>
>>35925629

btw the reason people say you need to find the right strain is because it's probably true, hybrids are the most common when you're buying off the street and usually sativa heavy since a lot of people prefer sativa (i don't)

i have panic attacks and whatnot sober, and have since i was 15 (before i ever smoked) and i'm neurotic as shit that's why i can't handle uppers like coke

but once you know how to deal with a high or smoke an indica heavy weed you might find ways to enjoy it

the number one advice i could give you if you want to smoke again and try to enjoy it is do something engaging that requires a lot of concentration or movement

it will keep you from anxiety inducing thoughts

for me if i'm having a bad high exercise (even just going for a walk), writing, or playing guitar always help, and make the high go from shit to worthwhile quickly enough

except for with coke, fuck coke
>>
for me it does, but only if i smoke several days in a row. if i smoke just one night after a week or so sober, i feel fine.
>>
>>35925577
Yeah senpai I feel this way too. Weed makes me feel like I lose control of my mind. I can't hold onto a train of thought for any longer than a few seconds, and I find myself just staring at shit with my mouth gaping open all the time.

It's literally awful. I hate it. I feel like enough of a dumbass anyway, why would I smoke some shit that makes me feel even dumber?
>>
>>35925655

what do you normally do when you smoke? for me the worst thing i can do smoke with people who want to do some boring shit like sit around and watch tv

also environment can make a huge difference, some of my best highs have been when i've hiked somewhere really deep into the woods or been in a nature reserve wandering around and then smoked while there

being trapped indoors with nothing engaging makes for a shit high
>>
>>35925705

is smoke with* sorry
>>
>>35925655

your fear chemicals are interacting with the thc change your diet and drink more water also try smoking beore youve ingested anything
>>
>>35916531
It definitely can. Sometime's i get groggy in the morning after a night of smoking, but wake up and do a little exercise/stretching and wash your face with cold water. will def help wake you up and open your eyes
>>
>>35925705
Usually smoke with people.
desu i was trapped inside when i had that massive panic attack, was with gf she took care of me but was retarded given she'd smoked too. shouldve gone outside and walked it off. Instead I sat on the edge of my bed for hours sweating and shaking.

>>35925731
I drink maybe 3-4L water a day.

I've accepted that weed isn't for me.
I can do amphetamines fine.
Would rather get blackout drunk and vomit my guts up than experience how weed affects me.
Just something that's not for me.

>>35925699
exactly senpai, it doesnt seem for everyone. Even my gf who smokes occasionally, she got 2g and after a few times smoking to get rid of it has commented that she feels retarded and slow.
How people can smoke 24/7 for years is beyond me.
>>
>>35917585
You still dream, you just don't remember as many of your dreams.
>>
>tfw dont smoke weed but do go on a coke trip now and then

Any junks with tips to cure coke-hangover?
>>
>>35917618
Kill yourself???
>>
File: jackie-brown-1997-32-g.jpg (126KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
jackie-brown-1997-32-g.jpg
126KB, 1200x800px
>>35916857

>My nigga
>>
>>35916531
you are smoking it too soon, or you are not being active enough and/or getting enough nutrition/water in you in the morning. you've been fasting for however long you sleep and then some. i feel great after a smoke in the morning, but i don't do it all of the time.
>>
>>35920491
My main issue with it is that it makes me content to be sitting at home doing nothing. If I'm not high, I generally go and do stuff like dancing, taking various classes and generally trying to learn/do things. But with weed you don't really see the need to since you can just go home, hang out with your buddies and smoke up and everything is cool.

So if all you do anyways is just work then come home and do nothing then its fine but not if you like having an active life with multiple things to do after work.
>>
>>35923755
>How much fucking weed did you smoke? I quit after 6 years of practically daily use and I had maybe 2 nights where I woke up sweating.
I smoke maybe 5-7 grams of bud lately, the first 3-4 months of the last 6 I smoked nothing but concentrates, maybe 1-2 grams of concentrate a day.
>>
The problem I seem to be consistently seeing in this thread is that people are smoking at inappropriate times.

Smoking should be something you do late at night, at the end of your day when you're ready to head to bed in a few hours and you're too exhausted to do anything else meaningful that day. When you smoke at like 5-6 PM, or even say, a wake n bake, you just went ahead and wasted a significant chunk of your day where your brain and body are in top working form. That's fine every once and awhile, but making a lifestyle out of that is harmful and depressing.
>>
>>35917676
tired and lazy
- socially retarded
>nah
- unconfident
>in fact quite the opposite
- unmotivated
>nope
- slow
>no
- weak(er)
>nope
- coughing
>if you don't know how to smoke a beug properly
- shit condition
>what
- shit skin
>no
- shit red tard eyes.
>what are eye drops
- all you want to do is smoke more
>yeah nigga but that's only bad for my wallet
- you can't even memorise a 4 digit number
>yeahnah my memory's fine
- it takes days to get rid of thc and smoking metabolites
>okay

Weed is different for everyone god damn.
Just because it has negative effects for you doesn't mean you should go around spouting that it's 'the worst drug there is.'
>>
>>35928821
good advice. although i always felt like i was racing through the productive stuff to get to the point where i could smoke, it's all my mind was really focused on.
>>
>>35925577
lmao
>>
>>35927780

that's not everyone, that's you
>>
>>35923467

>buy bitcoin
>visit alphabay via tor browser
>buy weed with bitcoin
>arrives at your doorstep in discreet parcel

thats how you weed these days.

I just shared secret fucking knowledge with this thread.

enjoy your weed everyone.
>>
>>35930290
mrw
>>
>>35917049
Started smoking regularly about a month ago and I am way more productive while stoned.
Does this happen to anyone else?
Or is this just in the beggining.
Like I seriously manage my time more effectively while stoned. I still waste my time on vidya and shit, but I waste much mroe time while not stoned, most of the days.
I still try to limit myself though, just in case. Like 2 grams of hash a month.
>>
>>35923467
I don't know where you live, but where I'm from it's priddy easy. Go to the city and look around for people who look like they smoke, ask them if they know anyone who sells.
>>
>>35920734
That's pretty much the best time to do it
>that enhanced post-exercise high
>eat ALL the food
>relax the rest of the day
No it won't do anything to your back
>>
drugs are bad
>>
I would like to hear more from long-term users. How has it impacted your health? Any other observations?
>>
>>35918051
This so much, its like being on a mild psychedelic
>>
>>35916531
I read that you actually get less REM sleep after smoking, so that's why you feel groggy - you effectively slept less.

It's unusual to be achey, but that could just be the way you sleep when you're restless. Maybe you position yourself weirdly. Anyways... Just smoke less, save it for special occasions. The tolerance makes it less enjoyable.
>>
>>35925577
>>35925699
this is pretty close to my experience with weed.
when i'm high, it's always the same
>have idea
>think about it
>get carried away in train of thought
>have super deep and meaningful insight
>realize that this 'insight' is bullshit and doesn't make any sense
>feel like a bumbling retard
>have new idea
>think about it
>...
this pattern just keeps repeating itself until the effects wear off, usually three to four hours. then i just feel very slow and tired for the rest of the day.
>>
don't do combustion
vape/edibles/tinctures instead
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carboxyhemoglobin#Affinity_of_Hb_for_CO
>select all images with trees ayyyy
>>
>>35932195
Long term, 6 years, high daily intake:
Got bored easily so I often tried new things, random shit like disc golf, skateboarding, cycling, cooking, new vidya, social experiments, concerts, working out, reading. Always weighed 135-140, no medical issues of any impact. No depression, no insomnia, fair clarity of thought and frequent social interactions.

One year sober, no drugs:
Depression bordering on suicidal thoughts, overwhelming. Stopped longboarding, stopped skateboarding, stopped reading, fanatical television use, stopped playing guitar, stopped working out and cycling. Social outings less frequent, smaller group of people to socialize with. Still 135-140, largely sedentary and I've lost all endurance that I had. I work literally half of my time and the rest is mine, financially I'm healthy but I've sacrificed my mental and physical wellbeing for financial gain.

It's hard to say whether it's my newly adopted local and the lackluster and rare novelty it provides or if it's the subsequent sobriety enforced and necessitated by my job; what can be concluded though is that sober I am generally less happy and less apt to participate in anything that requires exertion in any form. Frankly it's sad.
>>
>>35925413
this guy understands how bad weed actually is.

you smoke one joint on sunday and you will still be affected till atleast the next sunday. and don't come bitching like

> NUH UH I smoke one and the next day I'm back to normal.
No you aren't. you fuckin idiot if you think you are then you clearly have no clue how weed metabolites lingers in your system for days and days.

weed sucks horse dick. You are better of snorting some lines of coke every weekend instead of smoking a joint.

fuckin plebs.

all the people defending weed here are either beginners and haven't smoked regulary for more than 2 years or 420 blaze it for life losers that are bat shit retarded and deluded
>>
File: awrBDgQ_700b.jpg (69KB, 575x683px) Image search: [Google]
awrBDgQ_700b.jpg
69KB, 575x683px
That feel when grew a bunch of weed and used the money to start my first business now own 6 properties and chill all day.

Best thing I ever did.
>>
File: 189-79.jpg (192KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
189-79.jpg
192KB, 456x628px
the last couple of times i've smoked weed i had a horrible trip, like dante's inferno level of hell shit, what exactly causes this to happen? i feel like it's mainly stress related, because the first time i had a bad trip was when me and my friend were driving in the rain - and i had just recently crashed really badly in the rain a few months ago

but the second time, which was this friday, i have a fucking burger from mcdonalds which i'm pretty sure was bad, and i think that also caused it, because the second i was done puking it started to clear up quickly, but that second time i also smoked a FUCK TON of weed, just like the first time

is it because i'm smoking too much weed, or are there external/internal sources of panic that are heightened when i'm high, or is it both? i feel really bad for my friend because i don't want to be a huge pussy and ruin his time and when i'm sober i know for a fact weed can't in itself kill you so i understand there isn't a direct hazard from it

what the fuck is going on, fit?
>>
>>35933683
gb2D.A.R.E. faggot
Metabolites do not modulate function in higher processing, they work to eliminate substances from the body, everything you consume produces metabolites including inhaled substances like hydrocarbons from fossil fuel vehicles, coal fired power plants. THC and CDB have a fairly short half-life in the body, once they are gone they are totally eliminated, with all psychoactive effects, and only the metabolites remain. Your failure to understand this indicates that not only are you the pleb but that you're also "bat-shit retarded and deluded."
>>
>>35933641
I crave novelty as well. Thing us truly exciting novelty is expensive. Drugs are cheap novelty, and much more powerful. I miss them with all my heart. When I retire I'm divorcing mywife if she's not down with an early death because of massive drugs abuse
>>
>>35916531
Idk.
The shit gives me panic attacks that launch my heartrate into the 200-220 range. If I use a little bit all of the time, it kinda goes away, but it's generally not worth it to me.

If you train fullbody 3x a week, just blaze it on the weekend.
>>
>>35933683
THC > low half life

oh yeah thats why you can piss positive for weed weeks and weeks after you last smoked.

you fuckin retard
>>
>>35933843
You realize there is a fairly significant debate brewing in the legal states because it's only possible to test for marijuana through metabolites and they stay in the system longer than methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine, PCP and ect... Even the spit tests test for metabolites that can be detected up to 3 days. And the test window depends on someones frequency and volume of consumption, if you smoked a bowl right now you're talking 4-7 days of legitimate hot piss metabolites verifiable in the lab. In all seriousness please for the love of god don't go on tirades if you're an ignorant cunt, you make life a living hell for the intelligent people around you,
>>
>>35916531

Vape/eat

get trees where you know the cannabinoid content and ratio.

Its a potent yang tonic, but long term use does have depressive CNS effects.
>>
>>35933843
Pulmonary assimilation of inhaled THC causes a maximum plasma concentration within minutes, psychotropic effects start within seconds to a few minutes, reach a maximum after 15–30 minutes, and taper off within 2–3 hours. Following oral ingestion, psychotropic effects set in with a delay of 30–90 minutes, reach their maximum after 2–3 hours and last for about 4–12 hours, depending on dose and specific effect.
>>
>>35925816
You smoken2 much. I had same experiences until i understood that how sensitive i am. Start eith little and go up from there little by little.
>>
File: 1453004484763.jpg (11KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1453004484763.jpg
11KB, 375x360px
>>35933641
>tfw in your position

sounds like you need to make love to Mary Jane again, friend. For old times sake..
>>
File: 1453297543521.png (2MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1453297543521.png
2MB, 900x900px
>>35933780
>smoked weed
>dante's inferno level of hell shit

either;
>laced weed
>you're crazy and weed triggers you
>>
File: 1451041841938.jpg (75KB, 516x691px) Image search: [Google]
1451041841938.jpg
75KB, 516x691px
for the 1 bowl a night bros, how do you smoke?

I've been going back and forth between a bong and one-hitter, the bong giving a clean and large hit while the one-hitter allows for total control of the size of the hit.

Any idea which would we best in keeping a constant moderation of that dankity pankity stank?
>>
>>35919850
this guy knows
>and then i realized i finished my run
>>
>>35919964
i have the pax you can toss ground herb or keef in there. its called a dry herb vape. if your tolerance is high it wont hit you hard but theyre still fuckin amazing
>>
>>35936993
>obtain bong
>purchase additional, tiny bowl for it
>???
>profit
Or just pack 1/2 bowl whenever you smoke. My bowl was deep as fuck so I never packed it all the way
>>
>>35936993
>total control over size of hit
pack what you want in the bowl lmao
>>
>2-3 hits of some shatter before 10 hours of work
>maybe a hit or two during
>2-3 hits after
>gym time baby
>however many I'm feelin before bed
>amazing sleep

Near-constant cannabinoid intake keeps fatigue down and motivation up.
>>
>>35918298
>the biggest downside of weed is that it isn't free

it fucking grows on trees...
>>
I know this is weed general but has anyone noticed any loss in gains after some bars?

I usually take three or four zanz a week after I lift to relax the muscles, but I'm not sure if it's holding me back from increasing my weight.
>>
>>35920307
>too cold out
>>
>>35921523
don't listen to >>35923755

tell that bitch what is what.
>>
File: 1443064173466.png (44KB, 820x827px) Image search: [Google]
1443064173466.png
44KB, 820x827px
>>35916531
>itt weedfags defend their degeneracy

Weed kills gains.
>>
Is it normal to hear auditory stimuli while on pot? It is more intense on more "head high" strains. I don't hallucinate but my visuals get incredibly fucked up and it is hard to look at things "normally" without seeing them in a completely alien way.
>>
>>35921617
that other guy might be but I'm not
>2016
>mentally incapacitated
not retarded famiree
>>
>>35921523
don't listen to this idiot >>35923755 you'd talk to her if she was drinking to the point she was an alcoholic, only you can know whether it's severe enough to discuss
>>
>>35929008
cons: it'll make you talk like this guy
>>
>>35916531
You know what's better than smoking weed

Having money
>>
>>35933780
I always found throwing up makes you feel better when having a bad time high anyway so I might not be related to the burger, had the same thing as you and eventually stopped smoking completely because of it, no advice on the social thing because my friends all quit about the same time for the same reasons

smoking less will never hurt you
>>
>>35933714
Can you give a little insight? Real estate sales or what? Also, was it a one and one grow op or continuous until you got what you thought you needed?
>>
pfff you're all pussies who have no idea how to use weed in moderation.
>smoke every day but never before work or meetings
>always roll light joints
>never mix with alcohol
>finally learned how to relax after a hard day of work
>finally learned how to let things go and not worry about every single little thing
I've been doing this for 5 years and it's improved my life.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.