[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
do you regret for your diet when you were...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 22
File: 57303410.jpg (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
57303410.jpg
32 KB, 600x600
do you regret for your diet when you were a child / teen?
>>
yeah because i was fucking fat 5'4 290 lb butterball 14 yr old obese kid. 4 years later and im only half way to making it
>>
I regret not exercising more (I'm thin-framed and I think the HGH and test might have masculinised me in puberty if I had exerted mysefl).
>>
All I ate was a honey bun for lunch in the 4th and 5th grade.
>>
Yes

I was fat until I got yoked just before junior year in high school. The cheap teen pussy I got didn't make up for the childhood's worth of emotional abuse and stunted social skills desu
>>
No, my see food diet along with regular rugby training developed a thick set of quads and booty. Too bad I didn't embrace the gay while at school
>>
If I ever get children, I will literally be that father who doesn't let his children go into McDonald's or near fast food.
>>
>>35807523
Doesn't look like the kid from Malcolm in the Middle does
>>
>>35807523

Yes.
I didn't eat enough (skelly) and ended up 5'7.
My dad is 5'11, Mum 5'2.
I still blame my diet
FUCK
>>
Childhood yes. The staple sides in my house were ranch dressing on baked potatos and mac & cheese. Got decently fit in HS, and really started liftin in College.
>>
File: YtpfO5X.png (75 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
YtpfO5X.png
75 KB, 1920x1080
No way, I ate like shit all the time. I didn't care at all, except when I had to cut weight for wrestling.

I might have regretted it if I was a fatty, but I was jacked in hs, even with my bad diet.

Mfw all these bitches here can't stay in shape with crappy diets.
>>
>>35807523
Yeah I ate like a fuckin idiot. Literally 2 toaster strudels for breakfast, soft pretzel for lunch, box of mac n cheese for dinner. My prime muscle building years were completely wasted. I was a complete retard in almost every way when I was a teenager
>>
>>35807611
Lol at being the average between your parents heights. Looks like you ended up where you were meant manlet.

6' master race reporting in
>>
>>35807523
Yes

I also regret not doing sports
>>
>>35807677
Should have wrestled, teaches you how to work hard, lose, then win by working even harder.
>>
>>35807523
Yep, but my mom and I knew nothing about nutrition and shit, so I basically had no choice but become a fatty because of a shitty diet
>>
>>35807523
Practically all I ate were carbs. No real fat or protein sources.

Cereal, cereal bars, noodles, veggies and fruits every day.

I ended up 172 cm and skinnyfat.
>>
>>35807668
6'0 is king of manlets, normal men start at 6'1 buddy.
>>
>he was raised by a single parent and got cucked out of a childhood

Ahahahahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

It felt good being raised by good parents, Christian Republican, middle class and both with a background of sports and outdoors activity.
>>
wouldn't have changed where I ended up much, who wants to obsess about diet as a kid, as long as you're getting your macros
>>
>>35807668
Brah srs
Do you think eating more would have helped?
>>
>>35807716
Lol, only weak faggots make up 6'1" And above. Enjoy not being able to build muscle properly and having a shitty center of gravity.

6' is best foot
>>
>>35807749
Nope, as long as you weren't actually starving yourself ( Auschwitz mode, not eating for days at a time) then your body should be fine. You would have noticed your hunger and had to fight it.
>>
>>35807755
5'8 is goat for bodybuilding
Don't be ridiculous
All Olympia winners are manlets
>>
>>35807755
lmao, when will manlets ever learn. I just eat more you fucking dunce. It's not hard.
>>
File: 78.jpg (37 KB, 576x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
78.jpg
37 KB, 576x720
>tfw dumbell excercises werent a meme and got mires since i was 15
>>
>>35807523
Absolutely.

I have not-so-fond memories of having two pop tarts and a big glass of OJ before school every day.

Yeah, I was a fat kid. Hated myself
>>
>>35807755
>>35807785
5'10 is the ideal trade-off of ability, aesthetics and health and I say this as ~6'0 myself.
>>
File: before gym.jpg (310 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
before gym.jpg
310 KB, 1080x1920
Somewhat. I was really skinny and it wrecked my confidence but my frame is good for aesthetics.

Girls liked this body in high school lol
>>
File: 1451775328384.gif (863 KB, 435x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451775328384.gif
863 KB, 435x360
>>35807523
Yes. I used to eat half a package of bacon a day easily, ate croissants, ate candy for lunch at work, and bought snacks from the vending machine at school. I always underweight (120 lb max) and I had fuckarounditis in the gym.

If I had started with Reg Parks 5x5 when I entered puberty along with my current diet, I would've been the alpha male of my school. Fucking shame.
>>
>>35807523
I got to eat like a retard and not pay for most it. Cutting hard and paying for it ain't too bad.
Gonna eat so many fucking jam filled doughnuts at the end of this cut
>>
>tfw shy fat manlet growing up
>0 pussy ever 0 gf ever
>gave up on life at age 21
>now im 26 with suicide on my mind all day

i fucking failed just take me out, there is no way i can ever be normal
>>
>>35807523

Yes, every day at high school I would go smoke weed and eat tacobell then go home to game and smoke and eat more.

I was fat and lazy
>>
>>35807953
spend more time outdoors, ideally in natural areas - I think it might help you out a lot.
>>
No my grandmother force fed all us heathens with tritip and 4 egg omlets let's with steak trimmings.If I gave a damn I could be asthetic.instead I wrestled and played video games.
>>
>>35808068
and do what thought? all thats been on my mind since 13 has been girls imagine living 13+ years never being able to have what you want.

im obviously a failure and im sick of hurting every day
>>
>>35808198
here's how I look at it:
>socialise
>meet single women
>eventually one likes you
I assume you aren't doing stage one because of your mental state, so my approach would be to sort out your mental state - am I mistaken though?
>>
Yes. I ate a lot of sweets and not much real food. I think that's the reason why my wrists and hands are so small.
>>
>>35808198
Bro stop beating yourself up

Hit the gym, hit the dance floor

I always feel great getting out and letting loose on a night out. Have some charisma and charm and ladies flock to you
>>
>>35807523
yes, my parents fed me horribly and i was a huge fat kid until high school. something inside me snapped when i was in grade 11 and i started jogging, got a part time job, and used my wage to start buying my own food. they made fun of me and my mom would even throw out some of the stuff i bought (romaine lettuce, kiwi, mango, berries etc) claiming it had gone bad. i actually had to start hiding my healthy food at school in my locker with a fucking ice pack.

i went from 270 down to 185 from grade 11 to one year after high school. once i got myself under 200lbs, my parents shut their fat fucking mouths and finally understood what i was trying to do.
>>
Reflecting on the degenerate value and sheer volume of shit I ate growing up, I'm astonished that being skinny fat was the worst I ever was.
>>
>>35807523
I feel like I might have hurt my growth a bit. I'm 5'9.75 and just tell everyone that I'm 5'10, but I probably could have ended up 5'10, possibly 5'11.

I discovered /fa/ in 10th grade (college freshman now) and decided to follow their diet. So I ended up 5'9 125lbs which isn't very good for maximizing testosterone, height, bone structure definition, etc. I had some people tell me that I look anorexic. Fuck /fa/.
>>
>>35807953
Well, I'm kinda like you!
Was depressed because being a tranny.
No gf ever-> prostitutes thought!
Wanted suicide all day, everyday
I wasn't able to do it thought, it's quite hard to muster up that courage.
What I would advice you is to seek out a club, like a selfdefense club, martial arts. The guys there are usually extremelly social and this will make you grow into a life positive, social human.
And if your life is worthless to you, life it for other people. go to the army, police, volunter for stuff, become a trainer and teach kids. spend the money you don't need, stuff like that.
Also lift, must be fitness related after all.
lifting got me out of my last bit of depression, hail trappy
>>
>>35807713
T-this. Carbs all day every day. At least everything was prepared relatively healthy
>>
>>35807553
>The cheap teen pussy I got didn't make up for the childhood's worth of emotional abuse

C-check your priviledge bro
>>
>>35809224

You sound pretty insecure, I can tell because you measure your height to the quarter inch
>>
I always ate homemade healthy food made by my mother or lots of "bbq" meats every weekend

Also did sports since I was 2 force by my parents

God bless Argentina's food
>>
>>35808198

There's probably no reason we live. There's certainly no reason to die. Lift and find a prostitute.
>>
File: natty_af.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
natty_af.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
>>35807523
Yes, I ate and drank sugary processed garbage whenever I could and thought it was fine because I wouldn't get fatter from it (even though it gave me severe cystic acne which I still fucking have).

>>35807551
Shiieett son you shoulda got on dat tuna, top ramen and hyphy mud as well and you'd be makin serious gains mayne
>>
>>35809224
>taking fitness advice from people who use the word "thinspiration"

you fucked up man
>>
>>35807523
All I had was 5 beers in the morning and 2 cigarettes. Then I ate a chicken biscuit at school. Then snorted addies before first block and I wouldn't eat for the whole day. My high school years were pretty much just that. And I ate pizzas on the weekend. Now I eat healthier tho.
>>
i was poor growing up
cereal and water for me most days
you can say ive had a hard time escaping the skeletal faze
>>
>>35807523
Absolutely, I ate like complete dog shit and can't believe I'm alive. I'm pretty pissed at my parents for it but whatever, I have control and the knowledge now.
>>
>>35807579
Same here anon, I used to not understand it. It all makes sense now ...
>>
>>35807579
absolutely. why don't more people do this??
>>
>>35807523
No, I was lucky. Had a stay at home mom that cooked and family dinners every night. When I was really little and my parents were young and stupid they made a lot of less healthy things but everyone was active enough to not be fat anyway and there was always fruit with lunch and salad with dinner. By the time I was a teenager my mom was fully into the hippy health nut stuff getting flax seed whatevers and omega 3s and all that shit.
>>
Yeah, my parents force fed me empty carbs. I only wanted to eat beans and chicken. They thought I was weird for wanting to eat meals of only meat. We drank coca cola with every meal. One summer, I decided to "be healthy" and replaced cola with juice. Ended up gaining 15 lbs of bellyfat.
>>
child: yes, so much fucking soda candy and meat
teen: no, that's when I started eating healthy
>>
>>35807523
i regret my diet now
>>
I ate more than I do now, but I worked it off playing. I guess I was fortunate.
>>
File: 1446042366023.jpg (266 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446042366023.jpg
266 KB, 768x1024
>>35807523
My dad was (and still is) super strongfat. I vividly remember being 6 or 7 years old thinking that my dad was super cool and he ate cookies all the time so I'd be able to eat cookies all the time too. I didn't slim down until I was about 16. My dad can still ohp 200lbs multiple times at age 50+ though.
>>
>>35807717
I still had a childhood, but then we got a computer and my mother started restricting computer-time behind "EAT EVERYTHING FIRST", because she is one of those retards that thinks kids should be fat (or she just has a fat fetish, considering how my father looks). New inactive hobby coupled with that resulted in me getting fat as fast as possible.

My poor sister was younger, so she didn't get to have a childhood, poor thing. I do notice that my problems stemming from obesity are a lot weaker than hers. She's thin now, but bulimic.
>>
Yes i should have eaten big
>tfw spent HS as a fcking skelly
>>
Nope, I chowed down on chicken, beef, milk, potatoes, and veggies multiple days a week because of my based father. At only 6'2" I'm still the tallest in my family.

No soda, no candy (I don't even like that shit), but I had a lot of ice cream, but at least it has protein.
>>
>>35807579
Yup.

>tfw sister had kids. Envision a bright future for them. They just got spoiled as fuck, eat candy all day, and are lazy.

I'll do better.
>>
I basically did a mediterranean diet throughout all my childhood/teens

Did I fuck up? I can't keep up with this nutrition stuff
>>
>>35811475
>There's probably no reason we live. There's certainly no reason to die.

that was oddly comforting to read

but im never doing a prostitute at least until i get the first time down. i dont want to be one of those 4chan faggots that are like "i paid for my first time she laughed at my cock and i got aids" frog.png
>>
yes

anorexia caused me to have osteoperosis & permanent lanugo.
>>
yes

>only ate pepperoni pizza, fried chicken, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and hamburgers with ketchup growing up
>5'8 220 at 22yo
I was such a fool
>>
>>35812146
>EAT EVERYTHING FIRST
So much this.
This is the most retarded parenting technique I've seen and I can't understand the logic behind it.
>>
>>35807523
When I was 13 and 14 I was that vegan kid. I regret it so much. It was retarded in the first place but I probably fucked up my diet severely during the most important period of growth in my life. rip.
>>
>>35807523
Used to drink, daily, a three liter bottle of Pepsi Max. Yeah I fucking regret it.
>>
>be young me had a park behind our house would always run around and play really skinny
>move to townhouse still ride bike around and play with kids sometimes
>mom luvs her little guy always giving me chocolate still thin because of activity
>grade 4 get a computer + internet with tech illiterate parents therefore no rules. never leave the house again pack on weight

my childhood was doomed, i wouldnt wish being the fat kid on anyone. literally 0 girl interactions, you are automatically seen as the bully because of your size which upsets you making you actually want to bully because they think you are anyways.

just fucking doomed please no one let their kid get fat or you might as well just shoot them in the head get their shitty life over with
>>
>>35807579
>>35811559
>>35811582
>>35812249
It's all about the fun factor. Remember, why did you hate doing stuff like exercising or eating right? Because it fucking sucked. You need to make it fun, make them enjoy themselves, and educate them in small dollops that a small, child sized brain can absorb. Make it something that they are doing for THEM, otherwise once they hit "rebellious teenager phase" they're going to drop it just to piss you off. Then once they've got a fully developed mind they'll realize how beneficial it all was.
Bonus tip: Landwhale friends, you don't shun then, you sabotage it. The things they do involve getting up and running around, snacks are healthy and scare, so when they complain or decide they don't wan to do it, it's the landwhale's fault and he's the mean one, not you.
>>
Nothing really, as a child you should eat what you like as long as your active
>>
>>35807523
No, my Dad forced me to eat 4,000+ cals when I was a kid. "Yinz are growing boys", he'd say. I was fed a tub of cottage chesse, 2 steaks, and a pound of oats before rigourous cart pushing. I'd then eat a jumbo gyro with fries and get my second training session in before work. I only deadlifted, benched, and squatted, only doing minor accessory movements afterwards. I now am 5'10 at 287 pounds, 8% body fat, naturally. I plan to hop on when I turn 21. Thanks.
>>
>>35813153
No harm in that really.
>>
File: 1.jpg (26 KB, 366x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
26 KB, 366x480
>>35807689
>>
>not allowed to drink soda
>not allowed to eat sweets
>freshly prepared cuisine everyday
>mom teaches me how to cook at a young age
>never had cravings for fast food or sugar because of this
All you parents must have hated you.
>>
File: oh yea.jpg (466 KB, 2048x1362) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
oh yea.jpg
466 KB, 2048x1362
>>35807689
>>
>>35807611
Everyone in my family is 5'4 or lower.
I grew to 5'8 which is like huge to them.
The doctors informed me the growth spurt that took me up there gave me type 1 diabetes.
A growth spurt gave me diabetes and I'm STILL a manlet.
Fuck.
>>
>>35807523
Well, I was fat and bullied and whatnot, but the reasons why all that happened are complicated. It's hard to feel regret, as I can't point to a single moment where everything went down the drain.

The important thing is, that I'm good now. I really don't see any way how I could have had this much earlier. I was a fucked up kid and I had to learn a lot. You tend to forget these things when you get older, but it's not like the only difference between me now and back then is that I eat a little less and work out some. Self improvement takes a long time, lots of patience and there's usually no easy way out.
>>
>>35816235
Your doctor was an uneducated idiot
>>
Mom was/still is obese, and pretty lazy when it comes to doing anything at home (despite being really into her actual 9 to 5 job).

>lots of frozen chicken strips/fish fillets
>lots of Kraft Dinner (yes, I'm from Canadistan)
>Hot Pockets/Pizza Pops often
>fast food probably once per week minimum (Wendy's or McDonald's usually)
>tons of those Stouffer and Michelena's microwaveable frozen dinners (usually pasta ones)
>always had ice cream or cookies around but somehow I actually wasn't too bad at self control with those
>IF I had breakfast, it was usually one of those frozen toaster strudels, or maybe a bagel with butter
>as I got older there were plenty of Tuna/Hamburger Helpers ( still do that because I love those white trash products)
>once they built a Tim Horton's by our towns exit off the 401 (Ontariofag here), she'd bring me an Ice Capp like every day even though I'd ask not to (I'm too weak not to eventually drink it); always would bring sausage breakfast sandwiches on Saturdays and Sundays

Somehow didn't turn out obese, but god damn I'm sure that I'd be taller than 5'11" if not for the serious lack of nutrition. When I left for college at 17, I was about 190bs, and when I came back for summer break I was at around 175lbs and not from starving myself. Now I'm up to 210lb after becoming a failure and moving back home at 23; diet here is virtually the same since I have no money/car of my own.
>>
>>35813153
Aside from the acid and the effect on your teeth, can't see the issue with this, it's calorie free.
>>
>>35807523
I ate a retardedly large amount of food, it's a miracle I don't have diabetes.
>>
>>35807523

Yes. I didn't really know better as my parents bought and made all of my meals. I didn't really do any research and made the excuse that there was nothing I could do about it as they were my providers and I had no money of my own for food.

After I moved out, I began making better nutritional choices. I lost like 60lbs without even putting any effort into it.
>>
>mom divorces dad when i'm like 2
>live isolated in some shitty apartment
>mom is a skinny cardiobunny
>is a complete retard when it comes to fitness
>mentally unstable and basically anorexic
>stuffs me with fast food so I am obese for my entire childhood
>pretty sure she did it to make herself feel skinnier
Yes I do
>>
Yes, I couldve made so many more gains. I probably only ate 2000 calories of mostly carbs and fats until I turned 17. 2 years completely wasted.
>>
>>35807523
I was a fucking potato eating chips and 2l coke a day. Fuck my diet and frankly, shame on my mom for enabling me.
>>
>>35807523
Abso fucking lutely. I was a stick figure to about age 15, when I got it in to my head that since I wasn't controlling my diet and I was still thin I could eat whatever the fuck I wanted and stay thin. The highschool I was in had a great and cheap cafeteria, I was eating like 2 pies for lunch every day. By the time I was 18 I was nearly 200 pounds, only recently started to get it under control.
>>
>>35813383
>>35816321
>>35813153
I'm pretty sure I've seen studies claiming all the acid stripped away calcium from your bones to maintain a healthy ph level in your blood. Which cause your bones to become underdeveloped. I drank a shitton of pepsimax my self during childhood and am the shortest of my brothers.
Fuck you mom
>>
>>35807523
Not my diet, but more the fact that I was a lazy fuck.
>>
>>35807523
I regret not drinking a shitton of milk as a child, and just not eating a lot as a child. Now I'm a 5'7 manlet
>>
>>35807579
>>35811559
>>35812249
>>35813186
You guys are retarded. Just teach your kids everything in moderation. I was really healthy as a child and my parents would buy me Mcdonalds and shit, but it was only once or twice a month.
>>
>>35807523
I still am.
>>
>>35818770
I drank a shitton of milk when I was a kid and I'm only an inch taller than you. Perfect bones/teeth though
>>
>>35818770
I don't think it really matters. I'm 6'4 and didn't eat much when I was a kid. I wouldn't eat the whole time I was at school
>>
>>35818803
>Just teach your kids everything in moderation.
Ameriburger logic. Just because someone invents garbage doesn't mean you have to buy it, nor do you have to feed it to your kids.
>>
>>35807523
I ate a shit ton as a kid so I got a huge skeletal structure at 6', but because my mom was never home(being an RN, single mom and two kids) I developed an unhealthy relationship with food that breached into addiction.

I have a hard time finding balance. I did drop to 190 from 320, but that was from eating 500 calories a day and running upwards to 15 miles a day. Now I'm back up to 270 trying to find that elusive thing called "moderation".
>>
>>35807775
Not true,
Even a mildly active male during puberty would need to eat 5000-6000 calories a day to maintain their growth...

Boys that age that end up skinny and/or short are eating less than 2000 sometimes
>>
Every god damn fucking day, manlet 5'9 was 200lbs from end of middle school, cut hard when I hit the end of high school
>>
My parents had me on a diet of candy, soda, pizza, junk food, deep fried, all fucking disgusting processed garbage. Currently on a strict diet with gym five days a week. Went from 320 to 270 in the past six months. I wish I had parents who didn't put me on the fast track to an early death desu
>>
>>35816235
As a physician I can tell you that makes no sense.
>>
>>35807523
Yeah I do. I'm 5'8", was skeleton mode all through childhood. My ribs never didn't show, and I believe I was eating 2000 or less calories the whole time.
I have a condition where I don't feel hunger very strongly if at all, so I'm pretty sure that made me a manlet.
>>
>>35818863
I'm not even american. Seriously just let your kid have it once,see what they think. Than tell them it's bad to eat it all the time. Faast food may not be good for you, but it tastes pretty good imo and many others. Seriously I know some kid that was never allowed to eat fastfood, and when he got to university it's the only thing he started eating and got fat as fuck. Just teach your kids about moderation.
>>
>>35807523
Nope, I was fat, but I ate nutritious enough to grow well. I have a strong body because of it.
>>
File: 1442082026588-3.jpg (109 KB, 720x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442082026588-3.jpg
109 KB, 720x960
Nothing to regret, I've always eaten good stuff thanks to cardiobunny mum. I regret started lifting only after my teens were gone. So I was always skinny fat.
>>
>>35819084
This is correct.
Its a common every day option that your child will have to face one day. Its best they experience it and are educated about it when they do so they can be prepared for it later down the road.
>>
File: 1244 - 8YJuKc1.jpg (11 KB, 526x526) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1244 - 8YJuKc1.jpg
11 KB, 526x526
>Parents both worked at the same outlet of KFC
>They were assistant managers and worked there for decades, they still do but at different KFC chains
>It isn't surpising that they were obese
>Also very stupid
>They decided that I should grow up to be a KFC manager just like them
>Constantly pushed KFC on me as a kid
>Every day I had to eat KFC at least once
>They used to take me out of school on a regular basis and made me sit in the KFC they worked at making notes on how the KFC operated
>Tested me once a month on stuff like staff conduct, hygiene, customer service
>If I failed I had to double the days the next month
>Struggled badly at school due to this, missing so many lessons
>Other kids used to bully me
>Made jokes about my mom fucking Colonel Sanders
>They used to get KFC buckets and chase after me with them pretending the buckets were Colonel Sanders saying 'come and give daddy a hug'
>told my parents, they took me out of school for 1 month because of this
>got worse grades than ever when I returned
>most of the stuff in our house was from KFC
>had several KFC buckets filled with toys, toys all started to smell like KFC chicken
>got fat from eating all this KFC
>only when I left at age 18 to work in a hotel kitchen was I able to escape
>my job was a potwash, got to live in the hotel accommodation
>when I told co-workers they started calling me 'family bucketwash the potwash'
>haven't had fast food in 7 years
>haven't even had fried chicken in 3 years
>biggest struggle for me is still eating chicken now, which I need for my diet
>>
>>35819084
>Faast food may not be good for you, but it tastes pretty good imo and many others.
It doesn't taste good. You're just used to shit foods. Learn to cook.
>Seriously I know some kid that was never allowed to eat fastfood, and when he got to university it's the only thing he started eating and got fat as fuck
I was never allowed fast food either. I knew better than to binge on crap in my rebellious teens. It doesn't take that much thinking to come to that conclusion to be honest.
>>
File: rh4V2eK.jpg (12 KB, 600x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rh4V2eK.jpg
12 KB, 600x450
>>35819137
>They used to get KFC buckets and chase after me with them pretending the buckets were Colonel Sanders saying 'come and give daddy a hug'
>>
>>35819148
I seriously don't understand your logic of not just letting your kid try it with you there to explain moderation to them. They are going to try it at some point and you might as well be there to explain that it's alright everyonce in a while, but just don't eat it all the time.
>>
File: 1356222211897.png (73 KB, 870x413) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1356222211897.png
73 KB, 870x413
>>35819137
Bro, I'm proud of you. I grew up in kinda similar conditions, family pushing me to follow their unhealthy lifestyle.
I wish we could be bros irl.
>>
>>35819309
>I seriously don't understand your logic of not just letting your kid try it with you there to explain moderation to them.
There are other ways to teach moderation, you know.
>They are going to try it at some point
Not necessarily.
>you might as well be there to explain that it's alright everyonce in a while
We live in different worlds, very different worlds.
>>
>>35807523
>2-3 cans of coke a day for years
Yeah I do.
>>
>>35807677

my gf did wrestling in high school and she's broken practically every bone including her skull and dislocated two discs in her neck. She's a trooper.
>>
>>35807523
Was completely broke in my teens and skipped most meals. Lived on about 600 cals a day most of the time, while binging on food if I had access to free stuff. Stunted my growth and made me hate life for a long time.
>>
>>35819492
Unless your kid has no friends I dont see how they will not eat it at some point.
>>
>>35819631
>Unless your kid has no friends I dont see how they will not eat it at some point.
Simple. Private school and proper upbringing.
>>
>>35819492
Fast food is so prevalent here in merica that once they're adults they're going to end up trying it.

A better solution is to have them try it occasionally and then explain to your child that if they eat fast food all the time it will fuck their shit up. If they don't even try it they will end up bingeing when they're older. Like how abstinence only sex ed doesn't work on kids either.
>>
File: 1399701834867.jpg (28 KB, 261x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1399701834867.jpg
28 KB, 261x281
>>35807523
yes i do

i still eat the same way
>>
>>35819718
I'm glad I don't live in USA for this reason. You guys need to clean up your food culture. Then again, most big cities in Eu also have this problem. Not a good development.
>>
>Be 13
>Supposed to hit a growth spurt
>instead of food eat takis and drink soda
>That was how I solved my hunger
>now I'm 5'6"
>>
>>35807523

When I was little (5), I was always sick. Doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me so they started taking me off of random types of food.

First meat, nothing changed.
Then dairy, nothing changed.
Then veggies, nothing changed.

But after not eating vegetables for 2 weeks I literally refused to eat them. My parents tried everything, and I just wouldn't eat. SOOO growing up I wouldn't eat greens or any type of vegetable other than potato.

Even now if I try to eat raw vegetables I gag. I have to make sure they are cooked and mushy. The crunch and texture of undercooked vegetables is my kryptonite.

I have no one to blame other than myself.
>>
>>35819492
What, like banning them from consuming it all together?
This just in; kids like fast food. Letting children have a McDonalds as a treat once in a while and explaining what happens if you have too much of it isn't going to ruin their lives.
>>
>medically malnourished as child
>put on high carb diet to get back to healthy weight
>Probably effected my growth, even though 6'1

>drank way too much caffeine as a teenager
>develop heavy dependency
>caused health problems up to the age of 23

Other than that, I regret not lifting as a teen more than my diet. I didn't put on much weight until I was an adult, I stopped working 10 hour labour shifts and it took a while to stop eating the same amount of food.
>>
>>35807523
>pizza pops errday
>KD errday after school
>eggos errday for breaky
>"SUGAR TOAST." FUCKING SUGAR TOAST, JUST TOAST WITH BUTTER AND BROWN SUGAR NIGGA

no regrets.
>>
File: 1453809293697.jpg (79 KB, 622x699) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453809293697.jpg
79 KB, 622x699
This thread triggers me.

My little brother, now 18, refuses to make any changes to the diet he has had since he was 13. He claims he doesn't like the taste, and like a true autist refuses to listen to any argument whatsoever. While my parents are absolutely to blame for allowing it to continue, most of it is just due to him being an autist of mindblowing proportions.

What he eats:
>Breakfast: Milk and cereal, drinks chocolate milk
>Lunch: Usually skips school lunch, because he doesn't like it. When he gets home he makes toasts with butter and cheese. Drinks chocolate milk.
>Dinner: Spends 15 minutes removing every trace of greens he can find in the food.
>A while later eats a bunch of ice cream
He doesn't ever mix it up, either.

Thankfully, he excercises fairly often, so he's not fat or anything. He has serious acne, though, probably due to not getting any vitamins at all, in combination with an otherwise shitty diet.
>mfw my parents try taking him to a dermatologist instead of looking at his diet

I'm sick of trying to help him, desu. It's such a shame, because he has potential to be a handsome fucker. He barely has any friends anymore, because he is such an autistic shut in. He absolutely refuses to go out of his comfort zone, prefering to spend all of his free time in front of the computer playing games.

WHAT DO FIT? I want to help him but he refuses to acknowledge that his life is fucking miserable and just leaves if I try to talk to him about it.
>>
File: 1453951502011.jpg (17 KB, 315x310) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453951502011.jpg
17 KB, 315x310
18 year old 5'7 manlet here, any tips on how to grow more if possible.

not shitty genetics, my dad and brother is over 6'0, i just fucked my diet up when i was a kid
>>
>>35807523

I had a little fat as a young child, and then on to a teen. But not astronomical amounts. It was only from 15, 16, 17 and 18 that I started putting on alot of weight, due to lack of exercise, caused by not playing outside anymore, and eating more.

However, when I was a child, my diet was incredibly good, and I have my Mum to thank for that. Always vegetables in every meal, protein in several meats, and potatoes in almost every meal.

I'm 6ft4, so obviously I had the tall genes, but eating like that helped alot.
>>
>>35820051
How tall is he?
Has his childhood diet played a big part in his height?

Also, the hard thing to accept is that he will not change until he wants to. It sounds obvious, but may people fail to understand you can only help and encourage someone so far. The rest is left to them.

I am also 18, and I went through a very rough patch about a year ago, similar to your brother's. Staying inside most of the time, playing video games.
I however was going through depression, maybe you should ask how your brother feels?

Definitely do not accuse him or ask him to change his ways, just ask him how he feels at the moment. And always encourage him, make sure there is someone there for him that he knows is supporting him. Often parents aren't the best for that, they might not understand.
A brother like yourself would be good, or a aunt, whatever works.

But I would ask how he feels, and the best you can do is be there for him, so when he finally wants to change, you can truly help him.

There's no quick fix unfortunately dude.
>>
I had anorexia and was severely malnourished (at one point I was deficient in every single nutrient, micro or macro, including protein) from like 7th grade onward. Also took an ungodly amount of caffeine on a daily basis from like 12 years old to 15 years ago. And I did a massive amount of drugs centered mostly around amphetamine and alcohol on a near-daily basis.

I definitely regret it all. On top of having horrible adolescent years and many awful experiences I will never be able to unlive, I completely physically and mentally stunted my growth. It's like I missed the integral part of puberty. And I don't just mean that I ended up shorter (I did tho), my voice never developed, I have childlike bone structure and tiny hands/feet, my organs got all kinds of fucked up, reproductive system not good. I'm 19 now but I'm eternally trapped in the body of a 12 year old, and I have to maintain very low cal disordered eating for the rest of my life to look balanced and not fat as fuck.

What a fuckin' retard I was. Think about the future you when you make stupid ass decisions.
>>
>>35820051
Im sorry to say this but you have to let him live in misery for as long as he chooses to.

You seeing his potential is all you and so you have to let go for your own good.
Eventually he will see things as they are and he will wish he had listened to you.

He is a loser and you can only accept this fact. He probably won't make it in life because he already conditioned himself to eat like a loser.
The hormones in his food are also responsible for his feminine behaviour, namely walking away when being confronted.

He will fail but you will win, and a man should only care about 1 man and that's himself. Also fuck women but that's another story
>>
>>35820018
How tall?
>>
>>35820086
If you ate meat your diet sucked.
Not to be harsh but that shit kills you.
Not that i'm a veganfag which i'm absolutely not (i literally want to kill myself through eating unhealthy so my family doesn't hate me)
>>
>>35820210
:(
U ok now tho?
>>
>>35820145
He's 178 I think. We're both taller than our dad, so I doubt diet fucked his height over that much.

>the hard thing to accept is that he will not change until he wants to.
Yeah, I know. It's just so frustrating watching him be a shut in when he could be out slaying sloots, having the time of his life.

>maybe you should ask how your brother feels?
He is and has always been introverted, but he used to have and hang out with friends atleast every now and then a couple of years ago.

He reads a bunch of Nietszche and likes to think that life is meaningsless, which I guess empowers him to not give a fuck about anything. I despise that attitude. Even if he was depressed (which isn't unlikely) he'd never admit it to me. Besides, our father is a psychologist and thinks of it as a phase, for whatever that's worth.

>And always encourage him
That's what my parents have been doing, and it doesn't fucking help him. I've tried encouraging him to do stuff, but he's not interested to listen, and doesn't want to open up about anything. I've tried, senpai.

He's so stuck in a rut. He doesn't want to acknowledge it, he doesn't want to talk about it, he has refused any help whatsoever offered to him.

An example of his weird fucking routines that he doesn't want to change:
>Never liked the taste of toothpaste
>Every night he spends 20-30 minutes drinking water and spitting to get rid of the taste
It drives me crazy, how he refuses to just learn to live with the taste.
>>
>>35820296
>If you ate meat your diet sucked.
>Not to be harsh but that shit kills you.
>Not that i'm a veganfag
Vegan pls go n hero.
>>
>>35820051
Could try replacing chocolate milk with protein powder. Seduce him with the wide variety of flavors.
>>
>>35820274
>Im sorry to say this but you have to let him live in misery for as long as he chooses to.
Yeah, I'm starting to accept that, but it sucks to see your little brother like that.

I'm hoping he'll confront himself about it and start making some changes in his life eventually.
>>
>>35807611
I believe I seriously fucked my growth (20 and 5'6"). I was a fat little fucking kid and around age 13-14, I pretty much stopped eating until I was a stick. A year or two later I pretty much regained all of the weight and by the end of high school I had grown maybe one to two inches. I'm pretty certain not giving myself proper nutrients during a critical point in my growth really screwed me.
>>
>>35820333
Already told you i'm not vegan because i want to kill myself with food so it's indirect so my family still likes me.
You guys on the other hand are fucking stupid for eating meat and then thinking you're eating healthy.
Just telling the truth here.
>>
>>35820367
Oh and I pretty much got fat in the first place because my parents both grew up in deep poverty with the "eat everything on your plate" mentality which they passed onto me despite having much more ample amounts of food and wealth. It's so ingrained into me that it is still difficult for me to leave a plate with food still on it.
>>
>>35820316
Yeah, I also refused alot of help I got back then.
Honestly, the only thing I can say is to wait it out.
Give him time. It honestly took me 7 months to want to change.

Does he go to college? Any plans for school e.t.c?
>>
>>35820363
Yeah it sucks i know the feeling. I've been trying to boost my friends and family's personal growth for years. No results so i was forced to stop caring as well.

Once you get used to it it makes for a lot less distractions and frustrations and i think you become more balanced as a human because no one care's about you and you don't care about them anymore.
>>
>>35820296

How tall are you?

Also, I disagree with you about meat being unhealthy. However, even I was to entertain your belief that it was unhealthy, I am 6ft4. Either way, I hit the jackpot.
Whether it was helped alot by my diet or not is irrelevant now.
>>
>>35820382
>You guys on the other hand are fucking stupid for eating meat and then thinking you're eating healthy.
You don't read much, do you anon
>>
File: chunky.gif (15 KB, 633x758) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
chunky.gif
15 KB, 633x758
No
In fact I blame my adult self completely.

When I turned 18 and went to University I was 140lbs at 6'0, and my parents had always insisted I eat healthy. I RESENTED them for this, I didn't eat a single piece of candy or fast food in my life until I got to University.

When I arrived I went crazy. The first thing I did was buy 40 packets of skittles and eat them all in 2 days then I started having candy and fast food every day and I started sending my parents pictures of myself eating unhealthy food. They got pissed but couldn't do anything. I got fatter and fatter and by year 3 of University I was 370lbs and hadn't seen my family in 2 years. I continued to 'punish' them though, by

>Recording my heartbeat and heavy breathing after walking upstairs and emailing it to them
>Cutting small chunks of my skin out with flab and mailing it to them
>leaving voicemails in the night pretending to be a nurse talking about my upcoming hospital visit

I snapped out of it when my obese friend who I met on /r9k/ had a stroke. Dropped to 210lbs within 2 years, now down to 170lbs and healthier than ever and managed to apologise to my family.
>>
>>35807523

Thoroughly. Child of divorced parents, basically raised by TV and The State. Have to feed myself since 10 since they were both out working. Absolutely shit tier eating habits. Mfw I now have better diet that my parents.
>>
>>35820487
Bro you need mental help you sound so fucked I want to write a book about you
>>
>>35820411
Last year of high school. It'll be interesting to see what happens after he graduates, because my parents won't accept him just being a NEET, so he's either going to have to get a job or start studying. He doesn't seem to know what he's going to be studying, so he's likely taking a gap year. I wonder if he manages to get a job, he's socially inept and acne + bad hairstyle has fucked his face up completely, so he makes a pretty awful first impression.

>It honestly took me 7 months to make a change
He's been like this for atleast the last 2 years, and it has only gotten worse.
>>
>>35820443
I'm 185 cm (yes europoor, can't help it) and i'm not saying meat is 100% unhealthy it's just more unhealthy than it is healthy because of the fats, acidity, hormones etc.
>>
>>35820487
WHAT THE FUCK YOU SOUND MENTALLY DERANGED

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOUR PARENTS? JESUS CHRIST

PLEASE LET THIS BE BAIT
>>
>>35820476
Actually i did a lot of research, i even experimented on myself by going properly vegan for just 1 month.
However it made me very sharp, aware and in the moment which i didn't like because my life sucks. And i want to die so i figured i'd better quit.

Truth is to be told tho, if you dont want diabetes, cancer, heart disease you name it, a proper vegan diet will prevent it.
>>
>>35820600
I made it up to them, jesus christ, it was a mistake
>>
>>35820544
That is 7 months after leaving High School. So left in May, took me until December to get my shit together. In that way your brother still has time.

He is still so young, at 18. He will realise at some point the situation he is at. He needs a rude awakening, but caused by himself, not by others, if possible.

All you can be is supportive. I would seriously organise some kind of therapy for him, it is helping me at the moment.
For me, it took help from my aunt to really get me out of my "depression".

Maybe get one of your uncles/aunts to try and help? I don't know your family, so I can't say. Just someone not directly part of the immediate family to help him.
>>
>>35820654
That's no mistake that's evil embodied. You can never make this up to your parents. They are damaged goods now.
>>
>>35820654


>Cutting small chunks of my skin out with flab and mailing it to them


Bro, how can you ever make it up to them after that.
That is serial-killer tier derangement.
>>
>>35820487
I think you had more wrong with you than an excess amount of weight, m8
>>
i was undereating for some time around 12-13. i turned out 6'1 but sometimes i wonder if i'd be taller if i didn't eat like a girl back then
>>
>>35820487
You need therapy m8
Lots of it
>>
>>35820067
Hgh
>>
>>35820702
>>35820691
I apologised and they understood I had a lot of stress. Sometimes I make a joke to them by sending them letters with chunks of tough well done steak in it with a note saying 'now I can mail you muscle love you' and they find it funny.
>>
>>35820772
HAHAHAHHAHA
this is fucking insane
>>
File: 1409517033745.jpg (45 KB, 600x808) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409517033745.jpg
45 KB, 600x808
>>35807523
Yes. So many cookies...
>>
>>35820772
>sending them letters with chunks of tough well done steak in it with a note saying 'now I can mail you muscle love you'
>>
>>35807523
Yeah, was the kid who drenched everything in ketchup, no veggies allowed and lots of chocolate/candies. I played soccer so I didn't get that fat, but still.

I started to get better at eating when I was in my late teens, but I still regret it.
>>
>>35812108
demon?
>>
>>35819860

your kid might try drugs, alcohol, or cigarettes one day too, doesn't mean you have to be the one to start them off
>>
>>35807523
routinely at large bowls of Capt'n Crunch cereal with a thick layer of white refined sugar and milk... I cultivated diabetes like a pro

after shcool a large bag of dorito's with sprite then ice cream and or milk with Chips ahoy for ducking delight

dinner maybe half a box of Steakums and cheese.. whatever

one invention of mine was a tripple decker sandwich with white bread one layer of grape jelly one layer of miracle whip each jammed with potatoe chips.. then a steady stream of devil dogs, ring dings, yodles, scooter pies and whatever other trashy snacks happen to make their way into the cabinets..

I was born weighing ten lbs and an oz... I was 200 lbs by eleventh grade.. always had to buy "Husky" size clothes.. had man boobs in HS..

finally lost a lot of the blubber when I started playing football in seniour year..
>>
>>35807523
Yeah. It basically went like this:
> Parents have conflicting ideas about health and diet
> Dad is fat American, drinks soda and eats massive amounts of red meat
> Mom is European (Spain) who doesn't work out much but is fit due to a lifetime eating well
> Parents get divorced when I'm 13
> Dad uses the divorce as a way to rebel against his mom by overstocking his fridge with every kind of soda imaginable
> I spend my teen years drinking insane amounts of soda on the weeks that I'm at my Dad's house
> Refuse to believe that I'm fat for years
> Finally realize that I was getting raped to death by sugar when I hit 219lbs (5'10")
> Realize that rebelling against my mom's food restrictions by destroying my body was retarded
> Still undoing the damage
>>
I was literally a hedonist until 9th grade when I became a nihilist. I can't say I regret binging on delicious food, playing video games, and watching every type of porn. I had no friends so I did what I willed.

I do regret fasting I did in 10th grade, but it made me a more rounded person, missed my genetic potential though. I didnt smoke weed enough as a youth, honestly.
>>
>>35807523
Yeah because I never really ate enough. But I regret not starting lifting sooner.
>>
>>35821813
So now I have literally no issue eating clean. 3 servings of vegetables, 3 fruits, lean protein, no fried foods, 100 whole wheat, less processed if possible. It's kind of a chore to eat at this point, junk food give me no real pleasure as I know its empty in calories, and will only kill me faster.

Eating is such a chore I just blend.
>>
>>35807611
I don't know about it. Height is mostly genetics, you get stunted growth if you eat like a vegan in your child years.

I was a skelly all my life but I'm 6'6. Reached it when I was 16. Now I'm 24. Getting weight on is pretty hard and gains will never be visible.
>>
>>35821813
What made you become a nihilist?
I was, and still am to a degree, a hedonist, but I don't enjoy being a slave to my desires, hence why I am getting fit.
>>
>>35821695
>routinely at large bowls of Capt'n Crunch cereal with a thick layer of white refined sugar and milk... I cultivated diabetes like a pro
>with a thick layer of white refined sugar

W-what? Shit ain't rice krispies, it is already loaded with asstons of sugar. Just why?
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 22
Thread DB ID: 478810



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.