[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/OWG/ - Olympic Weightlifting General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 46

File: ehabmagic4.jpg (144KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ehabmagic4.jpg
144KB, 640x640px
Weightlifting General

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
http://pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
http://pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
http://www.chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
http://www.reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
>>
Damn /owg/ has died a lot these past two weeks.

What does it need to stay alive?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YQ_Q2ixzic
THICK
H
I
C
K
>>
I could post a form video, gonna take a bit to get it to audio-less webm though
>>
>>35777421
B R E H
>>
>>35777421

Who /longarms/? Where do you find yourself starting your second pull on the clean? Does this produce problems for you? If so, what corrective measures have you taken?

I can't get higher than dead mid-thigh with neutral arms, making it difficult for me to keep the bar as close a I'd like. I lose forward often.
>>
>>35778113
I use a wide grip and bend my arms a little
>>
>>35778113
>making it difficult for me to keep the bar as close a I'd like

contact point shouldn't send the bar flying out no matter where that contact is made, you're doing something wrong with the pull if you lose them forward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej9K8UBJg7Q

his is just above the kneecap
>>
>>35777060
right as I show up on the scene.... my fault....

>>35777421
wew
e
w
>>
File: trimmed_webm_audio_stripped.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
trimmed_webm_audio_stripped.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>35777584
I think it looks pretty good, I might be a little on my toes when I'm at the bottom of the squat though
>>
>>35778430
It looks like you're going down into a front squat after catching a power clean rather than squatting to get under the bar for the catch desu

but what would I know I merely lurk /owg/ and don't even weightlift
>>
>>35778430
this looks like what i do.
>>
>>35778430

You are power cleaning into a FS; but it's not terrible. As you get more comfortable with more weight, you'll be forced to get under it quicker and lower.

One thing to watch out for when you get that heavy is that you need to get your elbow around faster. A good exercise is to do tall-cleans, ie start with the bar at your hip, no dip, just extend, pull, and then drop.
>>
>>35778454
that's true, this weight is kinda light for me, but I'm getting into a beginner routine, so I'm getting my form down with light weight before I move on to heavier weights that I'll have to actually dive under. From what I understand, if I'm doing the physical cues right, then diving under the bar when it's heavier will happen almost on its own, without a deliberate deviation from what I'm doing now.

>>35778470
And it might look like what you are doing, but it takes a little bit to train your eyes to catch the subtle but important parts.

I'm trying to post a slow mo webm with a particle tracker but I keep running over the 3MB limit, give me a few minutes
>>
>>35778521
I'm squatting all the way down on purpose to try to get a feel for bouncing out of the bottom.

Also, when I catch the weight, I only have my fingertips under the bar, which is normal I believe, but when I pop up at the top, I slip my thumbs underneath the bar as well, because I feel it lets me push harder on the jerk. Is there a reason not to tuck my thumbs under when I pop up? I don't know if that's normal or not, or wastes energy, or sets me up for injury, or something
>>
>>35778470
you are waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy worse than that guy
>>
>>35778470
Eh, your shit is all kinds of fucked.

You cucked yourself. You are so fucking strong that learning on lower weights is really hard for you, because you rip it off the ground like it's full of air. Yet you are so fucking strong that if you used weight that was challenging for you, your risk of injury would be higher because it would be heavy and your form would be shitty.

Jeb/10, keep cleaning, You Can Fix It!
>>
>>35778568

Got it, don't worry about your hands, do whatever is most comfortable from the hook grip (hook grip everything always) and don't worry about the jerk; what you need to be doing now are two completely separate things: practicing cleaning (more important now) and then front squating. If you want to practice bouncing out of the bottom, then do front squats.

If you want to get better at cleaning before you fuck yourself with developing bad habits and going too heavy with them, then try this:

Don't do any work from the floor. All hangs, low hangs, high hangs, tall hangs. That is the Full Clean movement. The first pull is just 10% power that you don't need to be working with now and will only give you opportunity to get your back in a bad position for the real lift.

Don't rely on waiting for the weight to get heavy to force yourself down; you'll have learned shitty form by then and you'll get stuck with it. You can get really really got at doing something light like 135, or even 95 lbs, before you start fucking with more (fuck, do 20 tall cleans with just the bar before you move on).

That said, my best advice is don't listen to me, just another anon in the Library of Alexandria of Broscience that us /fit/ and work with someone who knows (a weekend in the Crossfit Lvl I cert is not "knowing") what the fuck you should be doing
>>
>>35778864
Alright, that sounds pretty good. I was wondering how to practice getting under the bar without going real heavy and without doing a weak pull. I'll definitely do tall cleans

and yep yep yep, always gotta take everything from here with a grain of salt
>>
>>35778521
tall cleans sound pretty apt for this
>>
File: form.png (749KB, 1284x924px) Image search: [Google]
form.png
749KB, 1284x924px
>>35778470
Deleted that last post because I accidentally cropped off some of the text

I'm only a beginner myself, so other anons are gonna have points of contention with this information and I won't have a good argument for my side, but hopefully it helps
>>
>>35778966
>autism the post

Holy fuck this is Reddit tier autism man
>>
>>35778966
It's a reasonable pic but I wouldn't use yourself as an example of how to lift when you're a beginner yourself

The advice to scrape bar against skin since floor isnt great. Neither is having the bar touch shin in start. (These things are entirely dependent on your build, foot position etc)
>>
>>35779092
Agree. Dude's not winning any fake Internet points here. I just said not to waste your time in /fit/ and talk to a real person, but I guess sperging out on your own video for a board that doesn't really give a shit beyond the cursory first look is another route
>>
>>35779107
Yeah, I guess probably not the best idea. It evolved into this ms paint thing because I couldn't get my slow mo webm to a reasonable filesize so that that guy could see the finer points and see why my technique wasn't the same as his technique.

And huh, I had thought that the more in contact the bar is with your skin, the further back you could get it before you started the 2nd pull, and the better off you'd be. Do you think I have the bar far enough back, or I could have it a little further back?

>>35779092
>>35779120
Just trying to improve the quality of the general. It's one thing to call out fallacious ethos-based self-promoting BS when you see it, but it's another thing to just hang around so you can tell people they're bad
>>
>>35779199
Did you seriously come straight from reddit
>>
Going to a small, privately run oly gym tomorrow.

What advice can you guys give me so I don't look like a total dick
>>
>>35779199
Your technique is fine mate, you don't need to prove that yours and norsies technique aren't the same, he only says that because he doesn't see the little nuances because he's new to this (and that's fine)
>>
>>35779351
Just don't be a dick? I really don't understand why more you need to hear
>>
>>35779351
keep your mouth shut and listen to what everyone has to say
>>
>>35779540
>>35779550
Well last time I went to a small club the instructor was shit and I kinda felt like I was better and stronger than him. He knew it and told me to stop coming after a bit. This is the only other one in the area so I don't wanna fuck it up.
>>
>>35779566
So you're an experienced lifter?

Don't confuse being stronger with knowing more.

If they are clueless just tell them you'd like to keep doing your own programming and not what their team does or something
>>
>>35779589
Well I read everetts book, and lurked /owg/ and taught myself everything at a university gym before going to the first club.
>>
>>35779566
im better and stronger than my coach

the difference is that while im more capable than him physically he knows about 20+ years more than me
>>
>>35779614
Nice b8

>>35780162
Exactly. You don't have to be a fantastic lifter to be a good coach.
>>
>>35777421

I would love to have my face in between her feet when she front squats I tell you h-wat
>>
File: LydiaCJ.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
LydiaCJ.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>35777060
because whenever someone posts a PR or formcheck people call them a faggot
>>
>>35780866
Nice lift! Too bad she will be gangraped and killed by refugees in the near future. Being female in europe sucks right now.
>>
File: OAFMCJ.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OAFMCJ.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
im just seeing what this one is
>>
File: AptiSnatch2.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AptiSnatch2.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>35780890
and he did that because?...
>>
File: AptiSnatch.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AptiSnatch.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: AptiCJ.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AptiCJ.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>35780898
he likes to lift clearly

what do you mean though?
>>
>>35778113
Keep your arms relaxed, but pull your shoulders back and down. Stay over the bar for longer by pushing your knees back and out off the floor. And keep the bar close; I think about having the bar shave off the hair on my shins.
>>
>>35780883

Fuck off /pol/lack, shitpost in the rest of the board
>>
>>35780866
>lydiacj
>video of snatch

Ok
>>
So I finally snatched over bw

However, now my Max c&j is only 7.5kg above my snatch. My technique in the clean is probably nicer too, just need to work on my jerks, I think I have alot more in me, I've never really maxed c&j in the way I have snatch.

These gym maxes put my total around 172-175ish. Do you think itll be easy to hit a 200 total by November?
>>
File: GENES.png (1MB, 777x707px) Image search: [Google]
GENES.png
1MB, 777x707px
/owg/, I'm asking here because it seems most of /plg/ eats like horses and I don't want that.

I've gathered some info on Oly, and want to take it up. Problem is I have very little lifting experience, and on top of that I'm only weighing 120lbs.

I'd just like to know what's your diet like in a typical day, how many calories and what's your breakfast, if that's not too much to ask. I'm trying to figure out shit without completely going fat fuck with poor health.
>>
Holy shit lads
>IOC Says Transgenders May Now Compete In The Olympics As Their Preferred Gender Without Surgery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tb9dsgJVbA
>>
>>35781172
No lifting expirience shouldnt really be a problem might actually be better cause you dont know wrong technique. But unless youre like 1.5m or something you should definitly eat more, but wait with it until you start the sport actually
>>
>>35781172

I eat 3.5 to 4k a day
>>
>>35781175

>tfw wouldn't even qualify pretending to be a girl
>>
>>35780925
>>35778430
>>35778966

>these are the kind of people giving you advice
>>
>>35778579
>>35779092
>>35779273
>>35781808

the bullying in this thread is absolutely out of control. these guys killed /owg/
>>
>>35781172
3.5k as a 66kg, breakfast is usually oats mixed with protein powder/peanut butter, some pomegranate juice and some eggs

also if you are only 120lbs, and start to get on a good Wling sched w/ a coach, you will find it very hard to become a fat fuck, the key is to not be scared about bulking. you will not become a fatass over night
>>
>>35781175
But your t levels will still have to be baseline right?

So mtf will have to have reduced their t to that of a normal woman, thus theoretically removing any advantage?
>>
>>35781946
Ob do u think I can add 30kg to my total in 10months
>>
>>35777060
Whenever someone looks for advice or asks a question we have people bully eachother and not giving any advice. I dont care so much about the bullying but without any advice its just pointless to post here.
>>
Can anyone help me with a squat form problem?

>Good mobility
>Can keep palms on floor
>Very nice third world squat with almost straight back (Weight on heels/midfoot) I feel very strong with no shoes.

However, as soon as I add weight and hold a bar, my lower back rounds slightly and also I shift forwards/hips come up.

It almost feels like I go down nicely and as soon as I come back up, my hips rise to try and keep bar over midfoot and back slightly rounds. I feel like I have a hard time firing glutes too. I noticed my feet roll inwards too. This happens with almost any weight on the bar.

I've asked another oly lifter and he suggested that maybe I have a flexibiltiy imbalance, e.g my hamstrings are so flexible relatively that they are weaker.

He said to try this:

Strengthen posterior chain (more RDLs)
Lower the bar position from upper traps to slightly lower
What do you think/suggest?
Sorry for the wall of text.
>>
>>35781946
How are you so skinny with 3500kcal?
>>
>>35782506

Weak core
>>
>>35782557
Nice meme
Even with 10kg on the bar?
>>
>>35781946
Fuck I'm 75kg and ate like 2700 yesterday, I try (and do) get at least 3K a day usually though. I usually eat less lifting days since I'm out and I just have less time to eat. Am I fucked?

Also, what do you men by you wont get fat if you lift on a schedule with a coach?
>>
>>35781980
how long u been lifting for, in my first year i did 129>181 total w/ bw goin from like 60>65(fml)

>>35782550
idk m8

>>35782686
i mean as a skinny person doing intense training like WLing, you will be using a lot of energy, and as a skinny person he will not be able to put back enough cals to become fat as fatass mode
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBC5a9-Ady6/?taken-by=martseim
400 when
>>
>>35782648

Yes.

Either that or you have terrible balance and hip/ankle mobility
>>
>>35782813
How would I know if its balance? How to get better balance?

I don't think its ankle or hip though, sure it could be improved but my unloaded squat is solid.
>>
File: such happy.jpg (34KB, 648x367px) Image search: [Google]
such happy.jpg
34KB, 648x367px
>>35782810
>mixed oly and PL plates

power lifting confirmed for real sport
>>
>>35782763
I've been lifting for 6or7 months, I know my total six but happy I finally hit bw snatch desu
>>
>>35782912
ok, so do you want to keep your weight down?, cause if not 30kg in 10mo shouldnt be that hard
>>
>I might be breaking down and going to a WL class on friday nights w/ gf

i don't know if I can handle a crossfit gym
>>
>>35783050
youll b fine norse, youll actually lrn to lift, hows gfs form?
>>
>>35783285
idk. gunna find out
>>
>>35782506
try taking some dicks in your ass
>>
So started having a go at oly last week, found a proper WL gym nearby so hopefully checking it out soon.

Recorded these today, a 50kg C+J and just an overhead squat with the bar, couldn't even get a quarter of the way into the bottom position last week.

Just wanted some feedback on how shit I am

https://youtu.be/8YsmiAnu7jo

https://youtu.be/zEYZIrPUWC4
>>
>they think being able to move a barbell in two particular ways makes them strong

Top kek.
>>
>>35783585
only one way brah, up
>>
File: smugness.jpg (213KB, 1270x1270px) Image search: [Google]
smugness.jpg
213KB, 1270x1270px
>>35782506

Try using a buttplug
>>
>>35778966
program used?
>>
>>35784327
Autism
>>
>>35783546
not that bad for a first time, check out that WL gym and in the mean time get yourself some WLing shoes
>>
File: 1439609657618.jpg (27KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1439609657618.jpg
27KB, 184x184px
HOW DO I COMBAT KNEE VALGUS ON HEAVY SQUATS
>>
>>35782927
Well I'm 78-80ish rn, so if I fill out at 85 I should be OK right?

I just jerked 100 tonight too so hopefully my total now should be 182.5_ would like 210 by end of year... Atleast 200 doable?
>>
>>35784810

Yeah, I've had a look around shops for some but none sell them, so it looks like I'll have to take a gamble and order some online and hope the sizes arent too different.
>>
>>35785377
If you give your sizes in various brands I'm sure anons here can shed light

I found my adidas power perfect fit the same as adidas sneaks
>>
>>35784327
Kinovea, it's pretty handy, but it takes some other programs to strip the audio then convert to webm for posting
>>
>>35785389

Well I wear a pair of adidas Seeley's size 9 that are a bit worn in so are a bit loose.

Do WL shoes need to be a snug fit?
>>
>>35785377
it's very rare to find any shop that sells wl shoes in person

get them online, go half a size down, you want the shoes fit snug or your feet will move around in them when you split for the jerk, in cleans and snatches it's not a problem but it's very important for the split
>>
File: 1338951182645.jpg (287KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1338951182645.jpg
287KB, 683x1024px
I think I understand why this pisses me off so much.

The first time I did a yoke walk, i spent literally about 30 minutes watching some the WSM and watching the different nuances, went into the gym and within an hour I had my shit figured out, and my yoke technique hasn't changed much since because I figured it out.

The first time I lifted stones, it just made sense. I spent about an hour playing with the 100 lb stone getting the timing right, and then went straight to a 250, and 300 lb stone on a 48" platform, and my stone technique hasn't had to change much since because I've pretty much got it figured out.

Yes, there are tiny little things that could change and make me a little bit better, but the fundamentals are there, and didn't take long to develop at all.

GF was watching me "power snatch" (if you can call it that yet) today. During one set she scream "THERE! YOU DID ONE RIGHT!

it felt just as shitty as the rest, so we watched the video. it looked fucking IDENTICAL to the ones i did before (too me), but she was adamant that they weren't even the same.

any other movement, I can break it into pieces, disect them and figure it out.

WL i just. fucking. can't.

wew, what a frustrating revelation
>>
File: 1452884343881.jpg (87KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452884343881.jpg
87KB, 540x960px
>>35780995
>implying he's wrong
>>
>>35783546
fist time is first time
won't tell if shit until you do it for a while
go to that gym you will not learn on your own
ok
>>
>>35785894
It's preference. If they were loose then new maybe go down a half size. I've heard the adipowers are narrow.

Chinese shoes like do-win or strengthshop shoes I found fit a whole size larger. So if you're an 8, a 7 will fit. They're seemingly sized like dress shoes rather than sneakers.

Nike's I've been told by a gymbro will fit in your regular Nike size.

It's not an exact science and is a bit of a gamble I know but hopefully this helps.
>>
>>35785944
This is why you really need a coach. You won't be able to self coach at first, or maybe you'll notice something wrong but not know how to fix it.
>>
File: 1355949867722.png (21KB, 740x773px) Image search: [Google]
1355949867722.png
21KB, 740x773px
>>35786149
Yeah. I still have to read everettes book this weekend but I'm not certain it will be what I need.

I might break down and go to a crosshit gym. Thye have drop in rates for the oly class, but I don't know what they are yet and i'm fuckin scared its going to be like 100 bucks a session or some stupid shit.
>>
>>35782506
i think those are good suggestions. you might be pushing the bar with your arms
>>
>>35780995 Implying it's not fucking true
>>
>>35780995
Is he wrong?
>>
>>35785944
Well, strongman events haven't had very much money, international attention, and professional effort put into them, compared to weightlifting. During the cold war, weightlifting happened to become an appreciated contest between countries, and the Soviets really went all out on it. First rate university students got funneled into coaching and sports research, and kids with exceptional talent got scouted at and began general training at 12 years old. That's how damned early they started their training. Then they had careers out until their late 20's and 30's. All the time that they were training, the coaches and sports scientists were studying them, collecting data, trying to interpret data, et cetera. That's how well studied weightlifting is, and how strictly defined 'good form' is for weightlifting.
>>
>>35786188
Even a few rudimentary session with a cozch who isnt even that good can send you in the right direction. You just need a proper springboard to launch from now.
>>
>>35786188
you don't have to read all 250 pages or whatever, just read the sections on teaching the snatch to start off with, that's like 30 pages,and you can read it right now and practice the progressions tonight or tomorrow, jesus fucking christ, you keep complaining about how you can't git gud, just start reading
>>
File: uq9wMW36.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
uq9wMW36.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>35776791
Patella tendon hurts when atg what do guys? pls
>>
>>35786442
Lets hope.

>>35786501
>school

when i'm shitposting on here im usually doing homework or projects at the same time.

>>35786332
maybe. but that doesn't change the fact that I was able to get to an operational level with them so easily. thats the key.
>>
>>35780866
Fuck Lidia has nice technique, not nice technique to look at, but Jesus it's perfect
>>
>>35786657
>>35786501
as for what to read, I read the intro and looked at the TOC and my thoughts were the same.
>>
Anyone have orthotics? I have flat feet and I'm thinking of getting some to stop my feet rolling. (I push from insides of feet).

Anyone recommend any off the shelf ones? How can I make sure the angle of my ankle is changed?
>>
>>35783585
>he thinks moving a barbell in three particular way makes him strong
Kekroo.
>>
>>35786227
Thanks. I hope I can fix it. I hate this shit.
>>
So I've been reading a little and figured, I have strong quads and weak glutes. Thats why my frontsquat feels much better than backsquat.

Weak glutes are causing my lack of power and a lot of forward lean.

Best exercises for glutes for a lot of squat carryover and rep range/frequency?
>>
>>35785187
I think about driving into my heels and screwing my feet into the ground.
>>
>>35787277
bulgarian split squats, glute bridges. Don't do shit if you don't know how to activate though
>>
>>35787327
How do I know if I know how to activate them?

I can flex them individually, does that count? Lol
>>
>>35787420
banded sidesteps are a good tool, as are light good mornings. I do one or both of these before I squat
>>
>>35787496

Okay thanks I'll try them, any resistance or green/black?

I don't really know if it's weak glutes or not activating or both.

I never get a bounce from squats and I lean forward, I feel like this could be part of the problem. I did months of front squats without any posterior work too.
>>
File: 1451428081723.jpg (222KB, 748x543px) Image search: [Google]
1451428081723.jpg
222KB, 748x543px
Does anyone have that pic comparing powerlifters and weightlifters?
>>
>guy i know who's been oly lifting for a while moves away a few years ago
>tonight he randomly showed up in my gym
>turns out he moved back and just switched to my gym
>gym is getting oly bar + plates soon
>he offered to help me

there is a god and he is just
>>
>>35787827
It'll be much easier for you with someone to correct as you lift m8

In other news, finally jerked 100kg tonight. I feel the two first real landmarks (bw snatch & 100kg c&j) have been done finally (well, have clean and jerk 100 seperatly now but not long til together I think)
/blogpost
>>
>>35787869
thats exciting

>mfw he told me "nah dude. you're strong af. if you can spend a year getting your movements down you'll snatch 300+ and c&j 400 +"

i don't think he understands just how remarkably untalented I am. if i can snatch 200 and c&j 300 i'll fucking cry tears of joy lol
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-27-21-13-31.png (143KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-27-21-13-31.png
143KB, 1440x2560px
Am I ever going to make it?
>>
>>35787905
Not kilos right?? I was thinking kilos.

Cuz thats world record shit if it's kilos is it not??????
>>
>>35788516
are you serious
>>
I dislike crossfit people / the practice, but damn the equipment is based. What do?
>>
>>35789477
stop being a fucking sheep and check the place out yourself

some are good some are bad just like everything else
>>
File: Спарта.webm (937KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Спарта.webm
937KB, 640x640px
>>
>>35789503

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
do you guys have an ig group chat?
>>
>start list posted for next comp
>http://www.onweightlifting.ca/#!upcoming-events/c21tn
>7am weigh in, 9am liftan
i love being a lightweight :^)

if anyone in the toronto area wants to come watch me fuck my shit up come through to kanama
>>
>>35789536
awesome singlets.
>>
out of shear curiosity:

how much do you think the world records for clean & jerk would go up if they allowed a lockout?

also, what are feelings on the clean and press? obv its not part of the sport, but do some of you do it for fun?
>>
>>35790213
>allowed a lockout?

what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>35790234
sorry that was worded fucking stupid

>allowed a press out

instead of

>allowed a lockout
>>
>>35790255
not much or not at all, press out means you messed up somewhere either in the dip or you didnt drive the bar hard enough or didnt go low enough or just too slow

it's easier to jerk to a full lockout than to save a press out, since a press out are borderline, i find my press outs are when the clean was really ugly and don't have much energy left but i still have the balls to kind of get under it but not enough leg drive
>>
>>35785187

Don't worry about it?
>>
>>35790255

Really, truly pressing out a 250kg+ jerk is probably close to impossible. If the structure is not rigid it will simply collapse, no matter how strong it is under optimal conditions.
>>
>>35785944
literally no one cares you fat piece of shit
>>
>>35790795
don't be mean please
>>
>>35790809
you've been shitting up my owg for too long tubby. don't post here again until you can snatch a bar without looking like a spastic
>>
>>35790822
ha, so never?

really not likely desu.

I'll probably still look like trash when i get to a 2pl8 snatch

but i'll still be here C:
>>
>>35790830
have you lost weight from wl?
>>
>>35790830
>>35790822
dw norse, you havent been shitting up the threads, it actually the only thing keeping em moving atm i think
>>
>>35790822
/owg/ is no mor eshitty than it was when there were a bunch of DYEL autists mattie posting and contributing nothing.
>>
>>35790809
desu norsefat you have given life to owg

I'd rather the discussion and teaching than no discussion and a bunch of atg and hookgrip webms
>>
Non-oly /fit/izen here
Is it possible to get to to oly strength levels in a college gym?
>>
>>35790920
no
>>
File: weight loss as of jan 27.png (26KB, 1030x740px) Image search: [Google]
weight loss as of jan 27.png
26KB, 1030x740px
>>35790857
no?

i've lost weight from cutting lol

>pic is in freedom units sry

>>35790860
>>35790875
aw shucks

for real i really do enjoy getting feedback from here despite the frustrations of learning.

i kinda miss the hookgrip and atg spamming though desu
>>
>>35790920
in the oly lifts? depends on how good your coach is/ when you want to go to the olympics/ if you're ready to dedicate your life to the sport

if you answered world class/2024+/yes you're 10% there otherwise >>35790931
>>
>>35790937
>He's an imperialcuck
Never post here again.
>>
>>35790958
actually, i'm not.

in fact, i'm probably the single most pro-metric merican you'll ever meet. the only reason the weights I lift are in lbs is because literally no one here in the uS will buy kg plates.

the only reason this is in lbs is because the auto-formatting template had some calculations running off of lbs, and entering kg fucked it up, so i have a separate cell where i put my bw in kg and it converts it to lbs.

I can give accurate temperatures in celsius, i measure all my food in grams, I have a good sense of what __ kgs feels like, I can ballpark cm, m, i record my height and weight in meters....

living in freedom land is painful. I seriously wish everything was metric.
>>
>>35790995
dirty communist
>>
>>35790995
>trying to appeal to eurofaggots with your selfhating cuckoldry
you realize this same beta mentality is why white german and swedish women are being raped daily by mudslimes, correct?
>>
File: 4 chan.gif (78KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
4 chan.gif
78KB, 300x100px
>dw norse you dont shit up the threads

that didnt last long

nn lads
>>
http://yashathoughts.com/technique-critique-call-for-your-videos/

NORSEFAT
O
R
S
E
F
A
T
>>
>>35791426
oohhhh gooood lord, i dont think thats a good idea

would be a waste of time for them, i have so much silly fundamental shit i need to learn before i waste some high level persons time jej
>>
>>35791426
1500 autismbux for this guy to coach you for two months. It says he will spend 4 fucking training session with 4 for the low amount of 1500

What the fuck is he thinking
>>
>>35785944
Any retard can powerlift it takes a true autist to do the classics
>>
File: 1438139404729.png (413KB, 848x511px) Image search: [Google]
1438139404729.png
413KB, 848x511px
>>35787660
Who doesn't?
>>
File: uUvoQw2.jpg (27KB, 770x554px) Image search: [Google]
uUvoQw2.jpg
27KB, 770x554px
>Anyone else from Sydney?
I really want to switch from BB to Oly lifting, but I don't know of any gyms in the Northern Beaches/Eastern Suburbs area that offer WL training and coaching. I've looked online but everything is like over an hour south or west.
>>
>>35789803
Nah
>>
>>35792178
Mate i live in Camperdown and theres a guy in my parking lot who drives a hummer.

On his hummer is adversing for his business where he is an Olympic lifting coach. I'll go downstairs now and check if hes there
>>
>>35792241
cheers that'd be tops
>>
>>35792261
Hes not there. Sorry man.
Where you live in Sydney? I am going to Broadway gym tonight.
>>
File: 1449922119614.png (23KB, 197x58px) Image search: [Google]
1449922119614.png
23KB, 197x58px
>>35777421
>tfw you need at least an 8x6 to pleasure her
>>
>>35792270
I'm in Frenchs Forest. I found a place in Brookvale called 'Joes Basecamp' that looks like it offers WL training, but they specialize in the sort of stuff /out/ would be interested in.
What's Broadway Gym like? It's not exactly local for me but its a hell of a lot cheaper than my current gym.
>>
>>35792326
Broadway is just a 24/h gym

24 fitness i think its called.

I just want a gym buddy :( I can teach you to diddly and squat
>>
>>35792385
haha sorry mate as shit as my diddy and squat are, I really need that WL coaching. hope you find a gym buddy :)
Also pls post if you find the number of that PT you mentioned. I lurk these threads religously, so I'm bound to see it
>>
Anyone else get a lump from squats?

After squats, the second vertebrae down from the base of my neck kind of looks like it sticks out more and lumps. It feels like it is a day later but not as much.

This always happens when I squat, I'm pretty sure it's on traps as I never have pain squatting.
>>
>>35792718
go see a physio
>>
>>35792735
Is that a valid reason/what could it be?
>>
>>35792284
tfw you're 7x5 ;__:
>>
>>35777060
Because like 15 anons quit
>>
>>35788537
Yes
>>
>>35789709
fug I cant wait to compet man. I lifted 2 days ago with my new coaching, new facility. Lifting again today after I write some exams.

Last time they had me do hang power snatch, power snatch from the knee, then they were impressed enough with my technique that they let me pull from the floor (they were just gonna have me do hangs at first), so they had me do snatch grip DL to the knee and then fill snatches, then the same deal for power cleans. Then they had me do power snatches from the rack.. I had the cleans and snatches down.. But fuck I couldnt get power jerks right, it may have been fatigue. I wasn't driving hard enough and holding lockout hard enough either. I'll get it today. Then I just did back squats and went home.

Today I think they're going to have me do drop snatch and then full snatches, and I guess full cleans too? Excited to actually start training the full competition lifts, under supervision and with bumper plates. I hope I'll see you in competition in Ontario sometime, Oly boy.
>>
>>35793237
go to ontario juniors this coming year, itll b my last year
>>
>>35790830
never give up fatty.

>>35776791

i have trouble leaning back in the clean second pull.
cant i just pull the bar straight? i'm short but my torso/arms ratio is pretty shitty so i always bump the bar away with my legs
>>
>>35787277
rdl
RDL
RDL
RDL
>>
>>35794330
DON'T WORRY FAMPAI

I WON'T

i might take time where I'm more dedicated to PL or maybe strongman for a little while but I'm quite determined to get to a point where I can at least train myself, improvemyself and have fun with these movements, so that I have then as a fall back to in the future.

How realistic do you think it would be to do 2 a days or even a staggered PL / WL training casually? I mean, obviously if you're getting srs then nope not even a little, but if you're someone like me and not going to be training seriously for either, is there any reason i couldn't do something lik e

>monday
low bar squat and bench
>tuesday
snatch
>wednesday
front squats & BB shit
>thursday
c&j
>friday
bench
>saturday
>deadlift

or something similar?
>>
File: 1349762746006.jpg (28KB, 230x172px) Image search: [Google]
1349762746006.jpg
28KB, 230x172px
>>35794938
lowbar why
>>
File: trump pepe.jpg (16KB, 355x367px) Image search: [Google]
trump pepe.jpg
16KB, 355x367px
>>35794953
because I'm going to be a hybrid athlete :3
>>
>>35794938
2 a days are easy for wl, most training sessions for newer guys aren't really training sessions more like primers for the night session

I hate going days without at least doing some type of wl movement, it's very easy to lose timing and i feel like a retard every time I have too much days off and I've been doing this for almost 2 years

Try to do technique work with snatch, cleans or jerk 15 mins to warmup for your pl or something everyday at least
>>
oly boi I am your age and at 66kg, im cj 80 right now how long till 100? how long did it take you?
>>
File: IMG_20160128_121418.jpg (51KB, 720x391px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160128_121418.jpg
51KB, 720x391px
Anyanons order from these cats before? They are selling Chinese do wins for 150 ish shiped to your door.
>>
>>35794938
Take a look at 70s big transition program and pendlays supertotal. I think catalyst have a supertotal training too. These would be good starting points for you I think.
>>
>>35795350
Don't Amazon have do-wins cheaper
>>
>>35794987
actually, thats kind of what ni've been doing already and i like it. just some barbell stuff, hit some muscle snatches and some overhead squats before i go to bench or squat.

>>35795381
oh snap. that sounds perfect. i didn't know such things existed desu.

goign to have to check those out, maybe this afternoon after i get out of meetings =\
>>
>>35795350
Those are penalty style do wins senpai

They are styled like Romaleos but they are not the same pitch as my Romaleos

I have both pendalys are ok if I were you I'd save up the few extra dollars and get the top shoes that'll last you longer, I've got 3 pairs now pp2 do wins then Romaleos

I shouldn't have gotten the do wins and saved up for Romaleos right off the bat instead
>>
>>35795429
Penalty meant pendlay fucking auto correct
>>
>>35795391
>Canadian fag
No do win on Amazon. Ca
>>
File: 1449980172689.jpg (397KB, 699x491px) Image search: [Google]
1449980172689.jpg
397KB, 699x491px
I have a meet on Saturday at 7pm, weigh in is at 6pm.

It's a team competition, so it's not divided into weight classes. And while I don't have to make weight for a specific weight class, in the end it's still best to be as light as possible, i guess.

I've been drinking lots of water the last week and I'm currently cutting that down to lose excess water weight. Also I stopped eating carbs today to empty my glycogen stores and therefore lose even more water.
That's what I did in my last competition (which was my first) and I did manage to lose a significant amount of weight before the competition.
However, I wasn't feeling very strong and fit after that week of water and carb depletion, and my competition went ok but not great.
I believe that I could do way better if I didn't arrive there completely depleted of water and carbs.

My question now is how I should continue my "mini cut" and be able to perform well on Saturday.
I thought about maybe continuing drinking less water, but eating a high carb meal on Friday evening. So I would carb up, but my body couldn't store that much water.
Or is that bullshit? also, how do I eat and drink on Saturday? My previous meet was at 8am, now its at 9 pm!

How can I go an entire day (until 6pm when the weigh in is) without eating or drinking?

thanks in advance
>>
>>35795429
My main concern is my feet are wide AF. I have never been able to shove my toes in a nike shoe.
>>
>>35795555
meant 7pm in the last sentence
>>
>>35795424
At this stage you'd probably be OK continuing pl training as normal (as long as its not something v specific or taxing like rsr or smolov) and just getting in lots of rep work with the classics which shouldnt massively impact recovery.

But, take a look at those routines. 70s big will probably be ideal, just use whatever rep ranges you need in the big 3 as you're clearly experienced in them
>>
>>35787277
https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/10000-swing-kettlebell-workout Learning how to do a proper KB swing helped me a lot with learning how to activate my glutes. Hope it helps you, anon.
>>
>>35795574
Romaleos have a wide toe box do wins aren't bigger

Besides you don't want any wiggle room in there or they're gonna slide when you split
>>
>>35795845
I dont get why people keep saying this.

Having shoes tight on your toes isnt the same as having a good fit.

Your shoes should have just enough room to move your toes, and fit snug across midfoot. That's where sliding occurs, not at the toes. Wearing footwear tight on your toes is a terrible idea and can lead to serious problems.
>>
File: IMG_20160128_131822860.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160128_131822860.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>35795941
Ya it sucks having to wear shoes that are tight in the toes. My little piggy don't even touch the floor anymore cause of years of crowded toe box shoes
>>
>>35795845
I'll look into the ramalos then I geuss. Thanks
>>
>>35777421
is the music in that video added afterwards in video editing, or did they really play it during the competition?
>>
>>35795608
yeah, kinda my same thoughts as well. I started doing oly stuff while i was still running sheiko....i had to stop lol
>>
File: oly plates.png (823KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
oly plates.png
823KB, 960x540px
OH DEAR LAWD
gym's new oly plates showed up early!

they're nothing fancy, but now i have actual bumpers and a barbell that spins and isn't bent to practice on!

fuuuuuck hype
>>
File: 1321939831354.jpg (8KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
1321939831354.jpg
8KB, 247x204px
>>35796707
and yes they're in pounds
>>
>>35796707
Nice chicken legs faggot.
>>
File: File Jan 25, 2 44 25 PM.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
File Jan 25, 2 44 25 PM.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>35796857
kek, thats one of my gym owners, not me. my quads are bretty big (4u)
>>
>>35794938
i'd do both snatch and clean and jerk on oly day.

YOU GOTTA STRETCH REALLY HARD NORSIE

try canditoe squat mobility drills after heavy workout + this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwLM5n-rYmA

also a quick 10 minutes static stretch before bed every day will change the world and takes a really tiny effort.
dunno how your shoulder flexibility is doing, but mine got decent just by dead hanging from a bar for 4/5 cumulative minutes a day for a month
>>
>>35796972
>stretching before bed

i think this would make the biggest difference actually

that youtube video, i've actually been doing that for almost 2 years now. ankle and ront rack mobility isn't actually that bad.

Shoulder mobility is limiting but its actually getting better, i've been doing deadhands as well as using the monkey bar rack to really focus on the internal rotation while being straight above me, its def getting better. not where it needs to be, but getting there
>>
>>35796989
i know you didnt asked but i feel like people dont stress the importance of good mobility enough.
the biggest difference for me was trying ido portal squat challenge, but i know that 30 minutes of resting squats everyday may be pretty demanding for many people, especially for unconditioned people this shit begins to burn after 2/3 minutes
>>
>>35797016
no, i totally understand. I appreciate the insight. Right now mobility is on the upswing for me which is good. I did some lowbar squats the other day and i remmeber it being WAAAY harder to get my arms tucked in that it was. which is a very good sign i think. additionally i can feel the top position slooooowlly (very slowly) coming within my grasp
>>
>>35795555
anyone please?
>>
File: muh.jpg (224KB, 2332x1344px) Image search: [Google]
muh.jpg
224KB, 2332x1344px
>>35795984
eeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lumo
>>
>>35792984
Which anons quit?
>>
>>35780866
damn, she is a goddess
>>
File: double knee bend.png (713KB, 1489x493px) Image search: [Google]
double knee bend.png
713KB, 1489x493px
is this the same thing as people talking about

>wait wait wait for hip extension until the last second and then BOOM

??

if so

[neat]
>>
Do you guy dive bomb your squats? Also, how do I utilize the stretch reflex better?
>>
File: da bounce.png (3MB, 1326x2650px) Image search: [Google]
da bounce.png
3MB, 1326x2650px
>>35798351
I'm not an expert but I literally just read this.
>>
>>35798160
he's saying stay on your heels till you're in the power position and continue pushing with the legs throughout the pull

stop focusing on the hip extension it happens naturally if you extend the legs

this is a good example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmk9kyk3Tm8
>>
>>35798448
the first thing he also mentioned in the book is

"most athletes do not respond well to being told what not to do. instead, tell them what they should do"

so if i'm focusing too much on hip extension, you're saying i should be focusing on leg extension and getting that right?
>>
>done weightlifting training
>waiting to be picked up
>have to wait a while
>go into the gym in my uniform to kill some time
>go in and grab an ez bar
>do decline tricep extensions behind the head
>leave
>look like an autistic retard

kek
>>
>>35798548
fucking sick blog dude no one gives half a fuck why would you even post
>>
>>35798548
I actually laughed a bit. I've done something similar before.
>>
>>35798548
I've done similar after walking 5 minutes to the station and realising it's 30 minutes for the next train
>>
>>35798568
Bully GO HOME!
>>
What can I program for arms and yoke/traps purely for size purposes alongside WL? I'm not strong enough at classics yet so variations don't do much.
>>
>>35798498
Not that anon but yes.

Just think about driving with the legs. It'll take a while to get, I'm 7months in and I sometimes default to 'whipping' the bar up with my hips, but when you get it right you'll feel it
>>
>>35799486
You don't have to be strong to benefit from variations dummy
>>
>>35799529
Even for bodybuilding purposes?
>>
If you had to modify a simple beginner strength routine to prepare for weightlifting, how would you do it?

I'm learning the lifts right now so can't do any variations right now. What is the best routine I can do for preparation that doesn't involve the classics?
>>
>>35799637
check out catalyst athletics
>>
Hey lads I've been having a reaccuring knee/IT band injury in my right quadricep for the past month.

I stop liftan for 3 weeks and came back then it was fine but this week it is back and I can't even go below parallel with any weight at all.

any tips?
>>
Do any of you have resources on how the bulgarians used to prepare for competitions? I have an idea but i dont remember where i read it.
>>
>>35800496
the bulgarians didnt prepare for competition
they had a competition every day bro
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBEaBvsD8Kw/?taken-by=toshikis160j200

B R E H S
R
E
H
S
>>
>>35795211
from 80>100 i think about 6 months according to the chart i made

>>35796892
mirin quads
>>
>>35796892

dude what the fuck is wrong with your body?

do you have a size 45 waist ???
>>
I got to use an actual WL bar for the first time today (higher end pendlay). I am fucking speechless. literally speechless. it was an ENTIRELY different experience. like, holy fucking shit. the first pull i did i completely fucked up because it was so different (doesn't help the bar I was using was bent too.....)

unfortunately that was my buddies personal bar... the bar my gym bought is..... pretty fucking terrible
>WAY fucking thicker than 28 or 29 mm
>knurling is super cheap
>doesn't even come close to spinning as well as the ohio power bar we have that i've done a gazzilion deadlifts on

rip. the bumpers are actually pretty nice though, so thats a huge step in the right direction.

on a side note, holy FUCK my rear delts are sore. i have never experienced rear delt soreness like this. jesus christ
>>35802456
yeh

actually waist is like 38 ish. It just looks weird because of the way my shirt sits on me, but yeah, i have wide af hips and my legs are pretty jacked comparatively.

But yeah this picture makes it look alittle weird.

>>35801933
tybby
>>
>>35781172
94kg here with 5000cal maintanence
>>
>>35796892
>tablet
>>
>>35802672
dude, i thought it was a joke too. GF bought it for me so i was like "well, fuck it i'll try it"

never looked back. having a huge HD screen and HD camera right there in the gym with me for immediate feedback from watching video is fucking fantastic.

additionally have a big screen for using a bar path tracker, as well as having access to all your spreadsheets right there on the spot... its fuckin' awesome.

10/10 would buy another tablet if this one broke
>>
i'm sorry i know these are incessant... but feedback is always greatly appreciated

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBHJ5InzH-J/?taken-by=norsefat
>>
>>35802900
jesus christ no wonder u came to /owg/ u fricken nerd.
>>
File: 1285439045333.jpg (7KB, 200x196px) Image search: [Google]
1285439045333.jpg
7KB, 200x196px
>>35803058
ouch
>>
>>35778430

>pretty good
>might be a little on my toes

that lift is complete retardation and im never accepting advice from this thread again
>>
I just realized that i go to a planet fitness... I don't get what all the stigma is about. I've been squatting all i want and getting my back worked on by massage chairs unlimitedly
>>
>>>/asp/929273

We should move this general to ASP to avoid mods
>>
>>35803592
Reasons why

1) no mods
2) so we can join our buddies PLG and BWG
3) cuz asp needs even more shitposting
4) no mods either
5) dont have to worry about our thread dying because no one posts on asp
>>
>>35803592
>>35803639

you guys dont have a problem with the mods, lucily

>plg

i mean, i'm plg, but are we really buddies? i feel a general detest of PL from WLrs
>>
>>35803656
We have a problem with our shit getting vote casted off the board and its only a matter of time til the mods start banning us.

Asp gets little to no traffic thus little to no need to keep making the general. With the recent departure of many olympic lifters on fit; we should move to a slower board so we don't have to worry about necro bumping our dead general.

Plus asp needs to be raped even more with pointless shit. Wrestling isnt enough.
>>
>>35803678
>>35803678
>vote casted off the board

uhhh what? does this actually happen?

why the recent departure? what happened?
>>
>>35803707
dont know i just hate asp i dont post on fit
>>
>>35803707
furthermore if the big two generals full of the only people who actually lift on fit move; then that brings fit closer to what it really should of been

a softcore gay porn board
>>
>>35794968
I thought even tho you PL you squat highbar?
>>
I'll be checking /fit/ and /asp/
why would they ban owg from /fit/, I don't understand
>>
>>35804349
its not that they banned it; its just this general is way too slow to be on this board so asp is better. plus we never have to worry about being banned on asp since olympic weightlifting is a alternative sport.
>>
>>35804353
alright, well we'll surely have a reduced influx of members on /asp/ since those guys just watch sports, while /fit/ spends a little more time in the gym and isn't afraid to touch a barbell
>>
>>35804353
>>35804418
also i don't want to now start opening up another board and i can't imagine all 4 people that post here are going to migrate so we're going to be even slower
>>
>>35804418
we can have a general telling ppl to move to asp

this general keeps dying on us

i think its time we moved on
>>
>>35803017
>https://www.instagram.com/p/BBHJ5InzH-J/?taken-by=norsefat
i think thats the best one yet
>>
>>35803017
other than the jump back it wasn't bad at all
>>
>>35788470
depends the balance is good for getting strong if it's higher than you consume daily. To cut bring fats and protons up
>>
File: 2015 worlds.jpg (85KB, 540x696px) Image search: [Google]
2015 worlds.jpg
85KB, 540x696px
Comp tomorrow. Will post lifts after if I don't go full chinese
>>
>>35788516
You're dumb
>>
Don't get bullied out Norsie, you're pretty much the only thing keeping these threads moving now
>>
>>35780890
>dropping that shit on your fucking knees
>>
Pls don't leave guiz. I don't even Oly lift but we need threads for lifters past the beginner stage on /fit/ that aren't shitposting.
>>
>>35781094
Depends on your squat and front squat
>>
>>35804513
>>35804523

>thisn isn't that bad

holy fuck what

is this happening? am I learning?

A couple of questions
>i was told I should try to stay on my heels longer / extend w/ feet not as soon
yes or no? why?

>getting under the bar
is there really no way I can / should work on this? is it literally just something i have to do a million and a half reps on and eventually it will just make sense to drop under the bar?

>if thats the case (getting under the bar)
should I be working on my jerk separately, trying to get that up to par for when I get to the point I can clean some weight that isn't laughable?

>my deltoid
i don't know WHAT the fuck I did but my rear delt hurts like fuck all. its like feeling of soreness, almost bruising, and it only really shows up when i put my arms out to then sides then push them back behind me and up. which happens to be the direction it needs to go for snatches lol
>>
Do you think I could run catalysts 5 week front squat cycle with a 90kg 1rm? Someone gained 30kg on 1rm on it, not sure what would be realistic.

Also, how to stop upper back rounding on the way up? (Happens with less than 50% too)

I'm not sure what to substitute classics for though as I'm still learning them so can't do them properly.

What should I expect?
>>
File: 1335338731074.jpg (40KB, 465x640px) Image search: [Google]
1335338731074.jpg
40KB, 465x640px
also, i've never shown you guys a jerk before but this is what mine look like now. I'm still in the process of reading everetts book but this is what I have to work with.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBHKb9dzH_H/?taken-by=norsefat

>>35806160
dw senpai

>>35803813
I used to, but it was so inconsistent. I managed a 600 lb / 272.5 kg squat in comp high bar, but I've since switched to lowbar since its easier to be consistent for me.
>>
>>35806294
157.5/130 all time maxes when my squat was namba wan priority
>>
>>35798160
norsie just look at the pendlay's tutorial on op, the first position from where he teach is the position from where you should extend.
>>
>>35806675
which one? he has the tutorial for mobility but i don't see a different one?
>>
>>35806675
>>35806719
nvm. i'm retarded lol
>>
>>35806307
Why did you not drop to a front squat like everyone told you to no matter where you catch it?
>>
File: 1308535115205.jpg (19KB, 367x361px) Image search: [Google]
1308535115205.jpg
19KB, 367x361px
>>35806745
I know i forgot D:

i watched the video and i literally didn't realize/ remember until after the session....

pretty stupid thing to forget, I know....
>>
>>35806801
I can't tell if youre serious or just fucking with us at this point
>>
>>35806844
i'm dead serious. I literally just forgot :(

I was too focused on all the other shit! there's too much shit to think about all the time, plus my buddy was watching and giving some pointers - i had a lot going on my mind and it just sorta fell to the back and got forgotten
>>
>>35806866

dude please stop putting weight on the bar and just get under the bar.

fuck sake mate
>>
>>35806876
this might be why this general says to not listen to this general.

theres a handful of people that tell me this, and the other 80-90% tell me thats the stupidest thing possible. I've also started to find literature on this as well, getting under the bar is learned gradually with increased loads, not by learning how to do and then being able to jump your clean by 50 kg because you just figured out how to get under it.

i'm a scrub but i straight disagree with you based solely on literature & what other people have been telling me.
>>
>>35806918

Absolutely no coach will tell you to increase weight or have weight on the bar if your form looks as bad as yours.

truth

With form like yours they wouldn't even give you a real bar.
>>
>>35806964
Shut the fuck up don't talk like you know shit

Are you the fucking Chinese cuck who went to China now coaching another Asian cuck yet can't lift himself
>>
Does anyone here lowbar squat or highbar squat with a lowbar bar position? I feel like this may work better for me. Does it matter if I'm not going to compete for years anyway?
>>
>>35806993

No I'm just telling him the truth.
>>
Does anyone here lowbar squat or highbar squat with a lowbar bar position?

I feel like this may work better for me.

Does it matter if I'm not going to compete for years anyway?
>>
File: deload to broomstick.jpg (14KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
deload to broomstick.jpg
14KB, 306x306px
>>35806964
at some point i have to just cut trying to listen to what every one says and go after it

i'm cutting it here lol, sorry fampai
>>
>>35807002
Are you claiming you know the truth

Oh enlightened one please teach all of us how to clean the pvc pipe
>>
>>35807020
The point is learning to drop under the bar as fast as possible.

He's not going to do that muscling 100kg
>>
>>35807033
Tell us how fast you can get under the broomstick senpai
>>
>>35807053

you're an idiot mate. It's HOW FAST YOU CAN DROP

That translates to getting under the bar. If his mind isn't telling him to drop when he clean it he shouldn't even be working with weight.

Honest. He's fucking up his muscle memory with every set.
>>
>>35807033
>>35807002
>>35806964
>>35806876

ok, here's the thing man.

I have asked this EXACT QUESTION twice now.

EVERY ONE has told me to do the OPPOSITE of what you're saying, and they've given me concrete reasons as to why.

All you have said is
"deload to broomstick you're an idiot"

you haven't told me why, you have told me what technical benefit there will be, you haven't told me anything. you've just told me to do something.

I'm not trying to sound like a smart ass, I'm trying to learn fundamentals, not just technical but understanding. If i'm going to do something in training, i'm not going to listen to anything that doesn't have an concrete reasoning.

IF you can give me some good reasoning as to how dropping to a broomstick or PVC will help me learn to get under the bar then I would love to hear it, I'm totally on board for anything that will help me learn faster, but the consensus right now is going strong against this.
>>
>>35807072
Yeah bro how fast can you drop under the air is how fast your muscle memory and snatch
>>
>>35807080
Just adding my 2cents but you're both kinda right, you need to understand the movement before you add weight. It's all relative. You should probably just be hitting reps with 60kg or some shit.

It's hard to make a clean be 'right' at first with a weight that feels light. Don't underestimate working with these light weights early on.

Also, general advice. Don't tell yourself loads of cues as you lift. Try to understand the lift, then just relax and do it. Watch it back, fix the most glaring error. Rinse and repeat. If you fill your head so full of stuff you forget to squat the weight after catching high, you're thinking way too much.

That said, that latest hang clean looked a much better pull, no hip bang and the legs drove the weight. Big step forward from a few days ago imo.
>>
I'd actual question why Norse is learning c&j first, snatch is far more technical and frustrating but the pull carries over much better and fixing all those horrible mobility issues will translate across everything...
>>
>>35807227
actually after yesterday i came to the same conclusion, 60 kg would be about perfect.

there's a big problemw for me with no weight, i just throw shit around and can't feel anything.

but with 60 kg i can at least get a feeling of failing. it will also be about right for my to start practicing hook grip, as when i get to 300+ lbs my double overhand might not be enough to hold the second pull.

the big thing is i need a weight heavy enough to feel error, and a weight light enough that i can get in the volume i need without getting exchausted, and that 205 lbs was making me fucking exhausted.

>don't use so many cues
right, this is a very good idea. just do it, then fix the biggest issue, rinse repeat. i like that idea.

>last hang clean looked much better
finally, a step in the right direction!

>>35807249
same, actually. everette mentioned same thing. learn the harder of the two first.

I think I will be doing that also. I didn't do them yesterday because I've developed a soreness / tightness / dull pain in my left rear delt and it hurt especially on snatch.

Additionally the snatch requires more mobility that I don't have yet, but I think i'm going to stay saying fuck it and just go after it while simultaneously working on mobility.

I did a pressured wall squat for the first time yesterday and i thought my pelvis was going to snap in half. "tighter than a nuns buns" was the way my buddy described it.
>>
>>35807296
Now take it with a pinch of salt, and I'm being honest, I've only been oly lifting properly 6-7months, just telling how I learned/what's helping me not overload with cues and thoughts

Also, yes DEFFO hookgrip. It's not even a matter of grip strength... Here's something a former national team coach showed me...

Make a normal fist... See how your forearm tightens up? Now hookgrip fist... Doesn't activate nearly as much. As a beginner, even without meaning to, using plain double overhand will bring your arms into the lift far too early just because of how a double overhand grip is closed by the forearm, not just by the hand.
>>
There's a Chinese weightlifting convention going on today with Lu, Tian and Liao hui so we might get some new footage of them.

I think video footage is prohibited so it may only be pictures.

ALLAHU AKBAR!
>>
File: clean_stripped_audio.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
clean_stripped_audio.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
I took anon's advice and did some tall cleans. It looks like I dipped a little before the extension and cheated a little. This was also kind of heavy weight for me, and it was at the end of the workout, so I think weaknesses should show through
>>
>>35807227
>but you're both kinda right, you need to understand the movement before you add weight

>>35807463
>I've only been oly lifting properly 6-7months

yet somehow you're qualified to give advice and you know what's right and what's not?

LMAO
>>
Injuries happen. You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

My question for you guys is, have you noticed consecutive injuries heal faster?

Or do you think it's old injuries that just got brought back up?

I hurt my back the other day and 3 days later im 100% again.

Other injuries would take months to weeks to days to heal, and now sometimes its just overnight.

I dont get injured as often as you may thinking. Im considering the maybe ~8 injuries I had in 5 yrs lifting.
>>
File: diddlies 2.5pl8 (2).webm (1MB, 272x480px) Image search: [Google]
diddlies 2.5pl8 (2).webm
1MB, 272x480px
FORMCHECK:

On a scale 1 to retarded, should I fix my form?
I see that the bar path isn't vertical, I rolled the bar before lifting, and my shins should be much, much straighter up.
Is this detrimental to joints/gains? Or is it fine so long as I keep my back straight, shoulders tight and hips a bit high?
This was from a 6 months ago (in a free entry uni gym) before I went broke and can't pay for a gym (doing internship).
I have now found a cheap ghetto gym with decent equipment and can now afford to lift again.

Help me out, thanks.
>>
>>35807759
>yet somehow you're qualified to give advice and you know what's right and what's not?

Kinda right about the hook grip and relaxed arms, though. Try no hook snatches/cleans sometime to compare the arm involvement.
>>
>>35807866

He at least had a coach.
>>
How do weigh ins work for oly competitions? Do you weigh in the morning and then get your water weight back or do you weigh in right before you lift.

I am going for Ilya mode and Im 5'9 230 but I only look like off-cycle ilya on the beach.

Is he weighing in around 230 but then gains 15-20 pounds back water weight right after?
>>
>>35776791
Are you guys going to the Olympics?
>>
>>35807759
Did you just selectively read? Missed the bit where I say take it with a pinch of salt? Or the bit where I said I'm just sharing what I was taught?

Listen you fucking faggot, I know you're here this time everyday when the happy bus brings you home from rainbow school but in the year you've been shit posting you've never been helpful or shown lifts or anything. Pretty sure my coaches know better than you, junior, and I'm fairly certain that even I outlift you too.
>>
>>35808065
Weigh in should start early but local comps can be allover the place with it. Just as soon as weigh in open go try weigh in even if you're clase isnt till later they'll most likely allow it
>>
>>35808475

Im just asking, if someone weighs in at 94kg are they 94kg while theyre on the platform in the olympics?
>>
>>35808466
Lol so you're that guy

No I'm 100% sure I lift more than your noob ass lol
>>
>>35803017
you may want to train the full lift instead of only a small portion of it.
you can do that if you have trouble with a particular part. but as you seem to be completely new to wl it would be better to train the full lift
>>
>>35806349
>https://www.instagram.com/p/BBHKb9dzH_H/?taken-by=norsefat

you're coming off your heels
and you seem to be jumping too much

otherwise good
>>
>>35807648
don't let the weight crush you
try to get a feeling for the movement of the bar
>>
>>35807854
just keep lifting.
as long as you keep your back tight you should be fine
>>
>>35808714
>i know better than every coach

If you have trouble with a specific portion of the lift, you should hammer that. There's too much going in in the full lift to keep it all straight for a beginner, and especially one who can just muscle it up
>>
>>35807648

That was an under-powered hip clean, but a tall clean. There should be no flexion in your knees or hips--you start the movement in full (triple) extension, hence the name 'tall clean'. You must use your shoulders and arms to guide the bar to your shoulders. If it's too heavy, drop the weight. This is tech work; sloppy work is worse than none.
>>
>>35807648
Yeah, I'm the anon who told you to do the tall cleans a few days ago. Agree with above, there shouldn't be any movement in your hips; you should have no help from the rest of your body to move the weight up, so that it only goes so high and you need to drop fast.

Right now you're still catching it super high.

Look at the video, mark in the screen where the bar is when you're at parallel. The bar should only travel a few inches higher than that at its apogee
>>
>>35808666
Nah, you don't even lift, its pretty obvious.
>>
>>35808523
They're gonna be heavier on the platform most likely, at that level. At local level some experience lifters will do it properly but most will just weigh on and lift.
>>
>>35807759
>>35808466
>>35808666
>>35808847
>>35809234
bullies everywhere itt baka
>>
>>35804523
Jumping back isnt an issue
>>
>>35807854
Get off your heels so much. Ball of foot or midfoot
>>
>>35809777
Commie have u read the white prisoner'?
>>
File: stretchh.jpg (224KB, 715x1013px) Image search: [Google]
stretchh.jpg
224KB, 715x1013px
>>35809888
I'm reading it right now, got it a while ago but i've been sooper busy.
>>
>>35809922
It's pretty good

Also, I assume u watched school of champions. Would you let abadjiev lead u down a waterslide
>>
>>35808930
>>35809209
Ah, I see. I incorrectly assumed I knew what a tall clean was. And fuck, it felt like I was fast getting under the bar and I caught it real low. Now I see that I was slow and caught it high.

>Look at the video, mark in the screen where the bar is when you're at parallel. The bar should only travel a few inches higher than that at its apogee

getting that deep under weight that heavy is intimidating as fuck, god damn
>>
>>35810057
You don't do tall cleans with weight. Start with the bar, focus on speed, weight is fairly irrelevant.
>>
>>35808800
>don't let the weight crush you
Is that just practice to get a smoother catch on the clean? I don't know what kind of cues I would focus on to achieve a smoother catch. What's the point of a smoother catch, injury prevention?
>>
>>35810204
oh, I thought you meant that during an ideal heavy clean, the bar would be at its highest only a few inches above where I would hold it at parallel.

And yeah, I'll read on tall cleans before my next trip to the gym
>>
>>35808065
weigh in should be 2hrs before your weightclass starts competing
>>
this week I have hit these PRs

Snatch from 75 to 82.5
Jerk from 90 to 100
Clean from 100 to 107.5

Gonna have a few weeks of trying to get some solid work in at 80% now, hopefully clean up my technique somewhat

While I haven't c&j 100 yet it's close. Do you think a 200+ total is doable by November?
>>
>>35810598
how do you cut weight? is it very important in oly lifting or?? is it worth dehydrating yourself? an enema couldnt hurt.. and staying lean obviously.. but is it worth it to have less sodium and dehydrate and then salt up after weight in or nah?

btw oly boi ive been training in the weightlifting hall still with coach. I was doing hang power snatch from the knee and he said "thats good. very good actually" so Im doing good. He I'll be doing squat snatches/cleans and split jerks next week and I'll be good. it's cool, itll be cool to compete and to actually start dropping weights from OH, it's satisfying, isnt it? I'm having fun, eh
>>
>>35810043
I'd let abadjiev do anything to me ;^)
>>
what happens with the new thread

will it be in fit or asp?
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.