[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you could go back to the start of your lifting career and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 5

File: 1435646591341.jpg (33KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1435646591341.jpg
33KB, 960x640px
if you could go back to the start of your lifting career and speak to yourself then, what advice would you give yourself?
>>
go to the gym and eat more you fucking bitch

i'd already be at my goal if i did
>>
Cut first you fat fuck, you literally can't see the gains that you are stashing. You could have wifed that qt Highschool freind that was totally hitting on you each time you passed through classes in Community college. If you saw her current boyfriend, you would laugh you balls out, but now your stuck with a 7/10 fuckbuddy.
>>
Just started working out consistently about a month and a half ago.

Hopefully I can get some good shit from this
>>
>>35762815
Keep the routine to 45 minutes to an hour tops. Stretch when possible. Cardio only on opposite lifting days.
>>
>>35762815
Eat more.
Get your homework done and sleep better.
Don't go through that long distance running phase and become a skellington again after making it in 10th grade.
>>
>>35762815
Stop letting your gramma buy you ice cream you fat little shit, you are 12 and almost a full foot shorter and I weigh just short of what you weigh
Now drop and give me 100 pushups like your wrestling coach will make you do 3x a day for 2 years starting freshman year so it is easier and the first time doesn't take a fucking hour
>>
>>35762815
I dunno but I'd probably suck myself off desu
>>
E A T M O R E

and try harder, don't be such a pussy about things
>>
>>35762815
Don't curl in the squat rack

Also, that girl who keeps talking to you at the gym IS in fact interested in fucking your brains out, take her to a movie and get baked with her
>>
Don't fuck up your back bro
>>
I'd convince myself to not give a shit about running track bc it ruins your knees and to focus on lifting and eating more.
>>
>>35762815
You think you're going to able to deadlift 3.5 plates no problem in the spring but you're going to bulge a disc so don't fucking do it you faggot
>>
Big boy gotta eat
>>
>>35762815
Stop doing some weird self-written programming to perfectly match your 10-year goal and just focus on getting your compounds up and form down.

Stop depending on whey.
>>
>>35762815
Go for the tren, it's the tits
>>
Since I'm still a fat fucking faggot, I guess it would be to actually eat less and stop half assing it
>>
1. SL is retarded.
2. Don't feel pressured into squatting 3pl8 and DLing 4pl8 in three months and feeling like a shitty failure when you can't.
>>
File: 1451446996872.jpg (1MB, 1914x2060px) Image search: [Google]
1451446996872.jpg
1MB, 1914x2060px
>>35762815
Don't bother lifting, keep running

Quit drinking. Now. Go see a shrink, go see a doctor, go see whoever the fuck you need to see but fucking stop it.

Don't be a shithead.

Girls care about more than how alfa you can be.

We both know you can do better.

Apply yourself at boxing.

Aimee is a whore. She's not worth your time.

Friendship is important.

Plan ahead. Manage your money better.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>35762815

Stop worrying about how much you weigh getting "big" by eating as many calories as possible. While you think you're getting jacked, you're just getting chubby and looking retarded. Stay lean
>>
>>35762815
Start counting your calories and cut you idiot. Also stop fucking around with SL and various splits, just go straight into Texas Method.

Use pre workout because your work schedule is to irregular to maintain normal sleep patterns and your gains will be affected
>>
Your job requires you to have endurance too.

Don't fall for SS and nothing else

Run more

Listen to your body instead of following some fat old alcoholics program

You should do more situps and planks to pass your pt test and not fall for the lol muh lifts give me strong core.

Don't squat so much that your legs chafe from rubbing together when you ruck.
>>
>>35762815

It is a lonely road...
... against yourself.
>>
>>35762815
Do Starting Strength or Greyskull LP, then Texas Method. Run 2km for time 3 days per week.

1g of protein per pound of lean mass.
1kg mix of non-starchy vegetables (string beans, capsicum, onion, broccoli, bok choy etc) a day.
Start the day with 1 cup of oats (measured dry) cooked with whole milk, served with honey.
No caffeine after 3pm and shoot for 8hrs sleep, though if you wake up after less but feel fresh just start your day.
Supplement fish oil and vitamins - B, C, D3, E, K, Folate and minerals - calcium, magnesium, zinc. All others can be sourced in huge quantities from either food or parts of other supps you're already taking.

As your calorie needs increase fill in the gap with starchy vegetables. Mashed potatoes (sweet or otherwise) with 1 tbsp of butter per 400g potatoes I found ideal.

Aside from lifting you should, on your eighteenth birthday leave home, get way the fuck away. You’re depressed as fuck because your home is abusive as fuck, you’re confused because you’ve been gaslighted since you were five years old, just GTFO.

Especially get away from your mother who is a howl at the moon lunatic who will try to convince doctors that you abuse her so that she can file a restraining order to get your passport blocked and the Canadian govt to cancel your visa and deport you (seriously dude, she’s about to con her brothers and sisters out of a $590k inheritance and drive her youngest sister to near suicide). GTFO!
>>
>>35764686
Well, that escalated quickly. Tell us how you really feel anon.
>>
>>35764436
Good advice
>>
>>35762815
Fix your posture before lifting of you'll just fuck your shit up. fix your shoulder rounding, pelvic tilt, and neck issues
>>
>>35762815
1. Cut first
2. Do PPL with compounds 3x5
>>
>>35764866
This. Goddamn, this. Squat and DL only made my posture worse. I should've learned how to fire my hip and glute muscles first.
>>
>>35762815
>squat more. No, even more.
>Cut. It's not genetics. Don't permabulk.
>>
GOLEM GET YE GONE
>>
Be consistent and stick with it. Also get on top of your diet from the start.
>>
Eating clean doesn't mean shit if that clean food is 1800 calories a day

EAT BIG TO GET BIG
>>
>>35764686
You should kill her via cyanide poisoning anon
>>
File: 1452892905004.png (237KB, 720x362px) Image search: [Google]
1452892905004.png
237KB, 720x362px
>>35764497
Hit right in the feels, breh.
>>
>>35762815
Lower
>>
>>35763620
this is so beta it hurts
>>
Eat eat eat, fucking hate how everyone gave me advice about lifting and supplements etc and then at the end ho and make sure you eat a lot. They should of have said if you're not eating all the time you won't fucking grow, wasted like two fucking years.
>>
Don´t break up with her bc you think you´re better than her. Instead animate her to join you and live happily together for the rest of your life

i totally know where it all went wrong
>>
>>35766409

BRO
>>
>>35762815
Your real problem is self-discipline.
Behavior doesn't mean bad.
>>
buy a foam roller
DEEPER FAGGOT
>>
>Don't overtrain when you start, take rest days you fag

Tfw overtraining on squats caused Patellar Tendonopathy, Hoff's Fat Pad Edoema and Bone Marrow Odeoma in my knee, all within 6mths of starting weights training.
>>
Dont stop training
>>
>>35762847
This
>>
don't do SS, for the love of god, don't fall for it
>>
eat more
>>
EAT MORE!!!
YOUR FORM IS SHIT AND IT TAKES OVER A YEAR TO HEAL!!!!!!!!

Then I'd rape myself because I was trap material back then
>>
>>35762815
Eat a pound of chicken every day. Lift heavy as fuck. Cardio actually doesn't kill gains.
>>
Don't give a fuck about what other people think. Also work on your mobility idiot
>>
I dont give a fuck if you dont have doms, dont workout every single day, and for the love of Gains dont bench press every workout
>>
>>35762815
Consistency is key, switch up the workouts and keep notes of your lifts for fuck sakes.
>>
listen to /fit/

Don't listen to the bros in your gym, they are either on juice or dyel
>>
Eat more, actually go to the gym and get a routine, get your license at 16 man. When you graduate go directly to the airforce, don't wait.

Also Sophia wants your dick, give it to her and tell her to fuck off afterwards, she's not worth investing your time in. Also Brie, Izzy, Katie, Kourtney, all want your D after you become ottermode.
>>
Go and use the benches and squat racks with the big guys. Who gives a fuck if you're only benching the bar plus 10kg.
>>
>those lifting diagram posters that came with the bench are stupid as fuck
>working out doesn't cancel out eating junk food
>normal people are stupid so don't listen when they tell you some shit like "lower weight higher reps for endurance"
>learn proper form for fuck sake or you're going to snap city
>don't get too attached to zyzz brah
>>
>>35762815
Count your fucking calories and sleep more. Six hours or less a day is why you're always fucking tired, sore and cranky.
>>
>>35767102
>lower weight higher reps for endurance
that's true though?
>>
>Lower faggot!!
>>
>>35762847
This.
>>
>>35762815
>Form is not a meme you fucking assnigger. You will fuck your back up one year in and lose everything
>Three years in someone will tap your shoulder while doing OHP, you will feel like you need to turn around. This will fuck your clavicle in its boipussi - don't react.
>Stop fucking around with R. You know that nerdy chick B that always has your back and drove around town in hs looking for you when the tornado hit? She's your future wife bro. Knock her bf out a year sooner than you end up doing so she doesn't get raped.
>Don't dose a massive 4th plat trip with D. He's going to fake his dose and rape you cus he's secretly gay.
>Eat more faggot. Sleep more too.
>>
>>35762815
go to the fucking doctor nigger, you got cancer.
>>
Focus on form. It doesn't matter what anyone in the gym thinks of the weight you are moving.
>>
>>35768763
>>Three years in someone will tap your shoulder while doing OHP, you will feel like you need to turn around. This will fuck your clavicle in its boipussi - don't react.
Holy fuck who the hell thinks its a good idea to touch someone doing a lift?
>>
Eat more. Fuck most everyone else's advice on lifting. Programming is specific to your goals, and you know that better than anyone.
>>
>>35762815
Stop fucking bench pressing and doing curls everyday
>>
dont eat half a jar of cheap peanut butter every day, yes you are "bulking", but that is too many kcal and it is made of shitty transfat oils, senpai
>>
>>35762815
"kill yourself"
>>
>>35762815
Start with a strength routine, bulk if you need to and work on form.
>>
Watch Training with Hinako to make myself more motivated
>>
>>35769318
:(
>>
>>35762815
Educate yourself. Don't believe everything you read, but keep an open mind and experiment. Form is more important than weight.
>>
DO NOT DO THE SEATED MILITARY PRESS ALONE
ALWAYS FUCKING ALWAYS HAVE SOMEONE WHO HAS GOT YOUR BACK
>>
>>35762815
this won't get you laid but do it anyway, also squat lower
>>
Strong Lifts 5x5
then Starting Strength 3x5
then MadCow
then 5/3/1
Then 5/3/1 BBB
= Profit

Simple now that I explain it to you.
>>
never ever bulk, girls just care about face, always be lean
>>
>don't bother cutting down until stick thin before you start clean bulking
>>
>>35764866
>>35765379
Do tell anons? How do I fix my posture before lifting?
>>
don't do smolov and your regular weightlifting routine simultaneously, you are not ichigo
>>
ITT: 90% of fit clearly lifting for only a few months and already regret it.

Makes me sad that more veterans dont stay here.
>>
Don't do cocoon mode
>>
Split up your routines otherwise you'll lose motivation. Lift for you, not anyone else. Consistency is the real secret.
>>
>>35768763
Two rape things? Shit bro, I'm sorry
>>
Get on steroids after three months of natty. It's just not worth it otherwise.
>>
>>35762815

Even though you're cutting. you need to eat more. Dump Brianna, she's only going to cause you pain. Hug mom more and tell her you love her, cancer is going to change everything.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.