[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/. What's wrong with crossfit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 17

File: CF-Community-Pic.jpg (173KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
CF-Community-Pic.jpg
173KB, 960x720px
Hey /fit/. What's wrong with crossfit?
>>
Realistically you need to take steroids if you want to snatch 225lbs for 20 reps like they do.
>>
>expensive
>group workouts
>random programming
>retarded shit like amrap oly lifts
>gay shit like kipping pull-ups
>lack of definite purpose, IE training for strength AND endurance AND balance AND flexibility
>superiority complex
>full of rich white people
>>
>>35744807
All of these, especially the
>expensive
part. Those fucking places are crazy expensive compared to any regular gym. I looked at the price for one in my area just to check and it was 70 a month with limited access. And thats cheap as far as cross shitter gyms go.
>>
>>35744807
>full of rich white people

All your points were fine until you had to shoehorn race into your list. Stop being mad that people have more money than you and get a job Trayvon
>>
their fucking attitude.

AND WHY ARE THEY ALL NAKED ALL THE TIME
>>
>>35744924
I'm white, friend. I just don't trust anything with a lot of rich white people because they have a tendency to piss their money away on trendy useless shit. Poor people understand value
>>
>>35744862

Yea same.
The crossfit warehouse gym in my town charges $80 per month whereas the normal gym with way more equipment and more stuff to do only cost $28. Its a joke.
>>
>>35744716

I don't even know what the fuck crossfit is desu senpai. It seems most people have a problem with it due to shit teachers.

>>35744807

>lack of definite purpose, IE training for strength AND endurance AND balance AND flexibility

I don't think that's necessarily a problem.
>>
>>35745014

This is the main problem. You can get a crossfit trainer certificate by doing stupid online courses and exams.
And then without any relevant real expierence you teach some random people oly lifts with bad form and do these lifts for high reps until everyone has snapped his shit up.
>>
>>35744971
The attitude and the nudity stem from their ego, which gets stroked constantly in the circlejerk
>>
>>35744716
> let's get some buff dudes to merchandise
> no one need to know that it is all roidz, they only need to wod and pay
>>
>>35744716
Nothing, so long as you don't care about your body long-term. It works for getting fit but it doesn't work any better than using proper form when lifting and it's a good way to injure yourself.
>>
They've taken a basic fitness regimen and turned it into an obstacle course, one that foregoes proper training and instead promotes injury and fatigue as some sort of achievement award. It's insane.
>>
>>35745044

This is fair.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn8KwUNLdkI
>crossfit
>>
>>35744716
They get better results than us.

>>35744971
We would be nude too of we looked good.
>>
>>35745112
>better results

LMAOING @ UR LIFE
>>
>muh functional strength
>>
>>35745112
>us
>>
>>35744716
Absolutely nothing it's just too hard for faggots here to do so they shit all over it instead of admitting they're actually just a pussy.
>>
>>35745104
o i am laffin
>>
>>35744807
>strength AND endurance AND balance AND flexibility

...so...athleticism. that is a dumb goal if you ask me...
>>
>>35744716
do lifts that require good form as fast as we can without proper training and more weight than we are ready for.

does this sound like a good way to injure yourself?
>>
>>35745201
>too hard to do
You realize half the point of crossfit is for faggots who can't lift properly to claim they can lift more weight than they really can because they swing shit around and use momentum instead of their muscles right?
>>
its for self loathing bougies who want to torture themselves after spending 10 hours pivoting a centrifuge in their officer towers. some of the crossfit gyms here in Chicago are notorious for being nothing more than trainers just screaming at these mostly in shape upper middle class whites.
>>
>>35745251
No its an routine designed to help real athletes become better athletes by using full body movements that are applicable to real sports. Sorry to tell ya but most lifts aren't athletic at all, anyone can do them
>>
>>35745289
Whatever helps you sleep at night. You're gonna need it since you'll be sleeping with ice packs.
>>
>>35745112
>>35744716
They lift like normal people a majority of the time and then practice crossfit for a while before their competition. They don't get like that from crossfit.
>>
>>35745307
He is right tho. Of course cross-fit athletes will never be as bulked as most of the guys on fit, but they would outrun you any second and I bet would also compete better in any sport. Stop being butthurt, you can still grow your huge ass muscles, but apart from yourself, no girl will ever like it.
>>
>>35745289
then why do professional athletes spend so much time lifting?
>>
>>35745383
>any sport

Guarantee I am better at baseball than 99% of these crossfitters who's parents kept them far away from athletics in HS.
>>
File: Camille-Leblanc-Bazinet-Games.jpg (34KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Camille-Leblanc-Bazinet-Games.jpg
34KB, 640x427px
The women tho
>>
>>35745112
>better results
yeah they sure look great before their inevitable shoulder injuries that sideline them and make them stop and they get fat but hey they got their likes and follows amirite
>>
>Baseball
>Sport
Pick one.
>>
File: Fb1SuWDf.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Fb1SuWDf.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>35745440
>>
>>35745383
Not even close, on any of those points. For someone claiming others are butthurt you seem awful upset that your retarded training regimen is being called out for what it is. Enjoy your slipped discs and shit athletic performance.
>>
>>35744807
/thread
>>
>>35745383
Powerlifting is a sport
>>
>>35745463
I'm not even doing crossfit, although I work with a similar programming in parks. Butthurt are just bodybuilders who can't accept that other people work there ass off too to look athletic. "Of course they must be on roids" buhuu. Every faggot can lift, try to finish a 45 mins high intensity workout.
Also I was lifting, then solely practising crossfit related programm. Now I do both, and the combination gives me the best results so far.
>>
>>35745405
For the strength gain obviously, but it's supplemented with athletic training as well. Any pro athlete spends far more time practicing their sport than lifting, because lifting doesn't make you an athlete
>>
>>35744807
this is basically it

Boxes here in the bay are upwards of 200 a month, they're full of wealthy asians and whites who have this superiority complex about doing it. I am white too, but go read some yelp reviews and try not to get triggered.

I can also garauntee you that these crossfit "atheletes" are not doing WOD's and do oly training and strength programming that /fit/ recommends.

I also don't like the mentalitiy they perpetuate that you NEED a trainer. Sure, to learn form on basic lifts, but you don't need some faggot yelling at you to do 80 snatch burpee super set or whatever faggy shit they do.
>>
>>35745520
I think you misunderstood. I'm not a body builder, I run more than anything else. I would never touch crossfit with a ten foot pole.
>>
>>35745429
>Guarantee I am better at baseball than 99% of these crossfitters who's parents kept them far away from athletics in HS.

lmao this. the only sport xfitters could do well is crossfit. They're mediocre at any skill based sport other than crossfit. They can't oly lift top, they can't powerlift effectively, they definitely aren't good endurance athletes. They probably don't know how to play futball, rugby, baseball etc lmao. they certainly couldnt play basketball or a sport like competitive running or cycling, or swimming... LOL? wtf. 90% of them are sad excuses for athletes and exceed at sometjing NO ONE does.

kpEACEOUTBYE
>>
>>35745545
Was not necessarily pointing at you, and neither would I go into a crossfit gym. But people here probably never tried one single workout and think they can measure the progress of an athlete. Shit is hard work too.
>>
>>35745547
Are you literally retarded? There are so many gymnasts and wrestlers and football players that do crossfire for agility strength and balance. Continue deadlifting, maybe you'll be able to run a mile someday
>>
>>35745601
Ther'es a difference between doing oly lifts and doing xfit. A lots of athletes do power cleans and power snatches, but not for retard mode 30 reps followed by 100 kipping shitups. Worthless shit. lmao.
>>
>>35744807

Spotted the third world nigger.

I agree with points 2,3,4,5,6 and 7, though
>>
>>35745583
Nobody would claim crossfit isn't hard work. The problem with it is how you're guaranteed to injure yourself constantly and completely unnecessarily. The promote using momentum and awful form with far too heavy weights. It's a meme workout for normies who want to be special.
>>
File: 1409407231867.jpg (55KB, 358x469px) Image search: [Google]
1409407231867.jpg
55KB, 358x469px
>>35745307

>kek
>>
>>35745642
>100 kipping shitups

kek

>mfw taking laxatives every every half hour just to go to the bathroom 100 times a day and perform my daily 100 shitups
>>
>>35745686

>not kipping while doing your shitups

ISHYGDDT
>>
I do crossfit. Ask me anything.

I've lost 25 lbs in 3 months. With healthy eating and do8nh crossfit 3 or 4 times a week.

I will not disclose my box, but the trainers are phenomenal. Joining this box was one of most life changing experiences I've ever had.

I did 3 months of personalal training 2 times a week and saw little results, it taught me good stretches and techniques but honestly did nothing for my overall fitness.

I do have befote and after pics. But /b/ yards floating here will rip me apart.

I will be honest and neutral in any reply.
>>
>>35745715
What part of crossfit made you add a shitload of unnecessary whitespace in your internet posts?
>>
File: ProfessorOfBarkeology.jpg (33KB, 670x496px) Image search: [Google]
ProfessorOfBarkeology.jpg
33KB, 670x496px
>>35744716
All the faggots in this thread are wrong, the real reason crossfit sucks (and the reason most crossfitters don't look like your pic) is the lack of sensible progression.

A regular Joe joining a crossfit gym will see good results for a few months and then the gains will bleed away to nothing. Because everything is randomized AMRAP bullshit. But at this point they've leaned out and gained some muscle so they're fully drinking the kool aid.

A pro crossfitter like your pic will be training sensibly to be able to max out the things relevant to a crossfit competition. AKA they will be training more like a power/oly/lifter with increasing weight/reps and periodization.

I'd mention roids too, but obviously any competition athlete is likely juicing no matter the sport, so it's not really relevant.
>>
>>35745642
If you were hanging from a cliff would you pull yourself up with just your arms? No, because you're not retarded. Cross fit aims for natural, athletic movements. It's goal is not the same as power liftng. The fact that you guys constantly compare the two shows how self conscious you really are.
>>
>>35744737
Isn't that like saying
>What's wrong with Bodybuilding?
>Realistically you need to take steroids if you want to have 20"+ arms like they do
Top crossfitters roid, top bodybuilders roid, top everybody roids.

>>35744862
I thought of doing one just for the social/dating prospects. Moved to a new city, didn't know anybody, and even at my old place it was virtually impossible to meet fit girls. For some reason women are much more likely to do crossfit than just lift weights. But the price is what kept me away.
(for now)
If I still haven't found a fit wife in a couple years I might seriously consider it. Fuck it, match.com is what like $20/month? $70/month might be worth it just to meet some qt girls who actually lift instead of just doing yoga and cardio like all the girls I meet elsewhere. The weight room at my gym is pretty much all dudes
>>
>>35745741
This argument is where crossfitters show they completely misunderstand how the gym is supposed to work. Working out with proper form does not inhibit your ability to swing yourself or a heavy object up like you would in real life. It does however, let you strengthen your muscles in a safe way where you won't injure yourself retardedly for no reason.
>>
>>35744716
I actually joined a cross fit box for 3 months to test if gains were possible this way. Just out of military academy and in pretty good form.

Guys were training shirtless without reason
Everyone suffered injuries
High fiving and cheering was obliged
Terrible music every day
Half of them were obsessed vegans
Most exercises were taught the wrong way

Most of all: I hated the fucking kipping pull-ups and dum abbreviations for fucking anything.

No gains, lost 200 bucks in 3 months and lost faith in humanity.

Fuck crossfit
>>
>>35745741
>If you were hanging from a cliff would you pull yourself up with just your arms?

but i'm not, i'm hanging from a pullup bar inside a gym.
ah also, training lats and arm decently with strict pullups will have a carryover on kipping pullups(and also hanging from cliffs, because that's a daily concern in first world countries) whereas being good at kipping ha ZERO carryover on strict pullups.
>>
>>35745715
You're fucking retarded. You are literally so lazy and stupid that you spun your wheels for months with a personal trainer and made no progress. So you joined cross fit and made shot progress, but progress in a few months.

You still retardedly measure progress by how much fat you have lost.

Fuck you. You are lazy and lack self discipline.

The secret to progress isn't even a secret. It's freely available, read the fucking sticky.

I've been to a few cross fit classes, and you know what? They are nothing special, just a bunch of random shit thrown together that honestly anyone in a small amount of shape should be able to do, especially considering they cheat for most of their excersises. Everyone at the bow was impressed when I didn't kip on pullups or hand stand push ups.

You're problem is that your paying hundreds of dollars for what you can get for free by reading the sticky.

I have never met a crossfitter who can outrun me, out lift me, outdo me when it comes to high intensity interval training.
>>
>>35745737
this desu senpai

>>35745741
If I train to be able to do 20 strict pullups, my kipping pullup on the cliff edge will be a lot easier than yours will if you only train kipping. And I'll be much less likely to injure myself training.

Plus, what if the cliff edge is flat and kipping might make me lose my grip? Controlled is better
>>
>>35745792
Maybe, but the exercises are designed to teach you how to use your entire body fluidly and simultaneously. I'm a college wrestler and I've rolled around with a power lifter that had 50lbs on me. The guy was way stronger than me but he didn't know how to use his body and I beat the living shit out of him. I'm not saying crossfit is perfect, I don't even do it, I'm just saying it's purpose is entirely separate from power lifting, and there's really nothing wrong with it
>>
>>35744716
They use good equipment for silly things.
>>
File: 30237325.gif (1MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
30237325.gif
1MB, 400x226px
>>35745737
Most of the xfit guys I know pretty much did this. A few months of training, got some abs going, skinnier, and then just stayed the same forever
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 631x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 631x361px
>>35745715
this reads like a crosshitter yelp post

>tried everything else! no gains or results!
truth is they just did it wrong...2 times a week? really nigger?
>then I came to crossfit! the trainers are great I sure do love _____ xD
>they really know everything! now I know how to stretch and squat
>see, crossfit is superior!
>>
File: no.jpg (4KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
4KB, 247x247px
>>35745879
>h-he might be bigger than me but I could t-totally take him in a fight ;_;
>>
>>35745715
>box
What the fuck are you blithering on about?
>>
File: 2UtsU.jpg (58KB, 472x874px) Image search: [Google]
2UtsU.jpg
58KB, 472x874px
>>35745936
all jokes aside i would have believed >>35745879 if the difference was like 20 lbs or something
>>
File: 1450757564873.jpg (90KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1450757564873.jpg
90KB, 500x667px
>>35745936
>>35746031
Did you stupid faggots miss the part where he said he was a college wrestler?

Dude's probably been wrestling for 6-8 yrs at least- of course he could outwrestle some fatfuck powerlifter with zero fighting experience.

Are you fucking retarded? Srsly? Fucking mouthbreathers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho2MUZBtAwM
>>
>>35745941
it's the name of their classes i guess
>>
>>35745812
>Half of them were obsessed vegans
that's actually surprising, I always thought crossfitters were more associated with paleo

>>35746031
a trained wrestler would easily beat a powerlifter 50lbs heavier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjFp1R5klo4
150 lb BJJ black belt manhandles a 250lb bodybuilder. Skilled fighters, especially skilled grapplers, can beat people much larger than themselves.
From the early days of UFC there's also a fight where a normal sized karate black belt beat a 600 pound sumo wrestler. Sumo guy was fat but also probably much stronger than the karate guy. There's a point where strength will win out over skill but fighters can beat people much stronger than themselves
>>
its expensive, its inefficient, and it's dangerous.
>>
>get fit
>get some friends fit
>think to myself it would be nice to be a PT and a nutrionist and do this professionally
>spend 2 years getting a bunch of certs
>slave away as a private PT barely making ends meets, tho still fun as fuck work gotta admit
>take the Crossfit tests and become a cert. crossfit trainer
>because you dont look like shit boxes want to hire you, half your job is posing for pictures they can put up on social media
>40€/hour 30h/week in the box overseeing group programs + private PTing I still do

I thank crossfit for making me able to live a comfortable live
>>
>>35745737
/thread
>>
>>35746145
Some were on the paleo bandwagon, but literally every girl was a fucking vegan
>>
>>35745812
Someone should document such an endeavour honestly.
>>
>>35746145
>250lb 150lb
Are you fucking stupid?

They're the same height, similar body fat. You honestly believe that the larger man has 100 pounds of muscle on the other one? This should be the last place anyone would believe that. I'm embarrassed that you would even consider that being accurate.
>>
File: crossfit.webm (3MB, 638x360px) Image search: [Google]
crossfit.webm
3MB, 638x360px
Unless you roid you go from one injury to the next, and even then it's dangerous.
>>
>>35746145
he definitely didn't manhandle that guy.
>>
>>35745440
camille is gross and manly. i do not understand the fascination.
>>
>>35744716

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQUJGUNRndo

vid related
>>
File: fuckyou.png (196KB, 635x347px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.png
196KB, 635x347px
>>35746145
>>35746429

You're more of an idiot than the average retard on youtube. Confirmed.

MUH SKILL
>>
>>35746186
So you are taking people's money, and giving them shit in return? Gee, good stuff lad!
>>
>>35744993
No they dont or theyd be investing what they had you naive fool. Poor people are poor because they dont have the ability to not be. Im fucking poor because im a shitty communicator and cant sell myself

Youre poor because you think the world owes you when it fucking doesnt

Crossfit is stupid expensive though
>>
This board is full of fat powerlifters and roiding bodybuilders.

Of course they hate anything that involves athleticism and cardio.
>>
>>35746507
actually just buttmad teenagers and loser 20 somethings.

i'm almost 30, athletic, career driven, but i still dont care for crossfit. i don't hate it though, it's just silly, but they can do what they want.
>>
>>35746585
>20 somethings
>almost 30

so you're a 20 something ?
>>
>>35746585
No one said that they couldn't do what they want, we're arguing about if Crossfit is effective.

Leave it to someone who is nearly 30 and still on 4chan to call everyone else a loser and pretend to be so much more rational and thoughtful.

You know who else is "career driven" at your age? Fucking everyone. Enjoy your bullshit office job while you can still trick yourself into thinking you're actually worth something to society, faggot.
>>
>>35744993
>Poor people understand value

obviously, i mean how else did they become poor, right? what a dumb fucking thing to say.
>>
>>35746689

>He implied rich people have more money to waste than poor people.

HUR DUR LOOK AT THIS DUMMY.

You know who else has access to the wealth of a rich person? Their family, who often have less financial sense than your average middle class person, it's even worse if they were born into it.
>>
>>35746679
see what i mean? buttmad losers.
>>
Lift weights, do cardio, win. There's no need to do them both at the same damn time
>>
>>35746790
Next time you vote, why don't you check in between the boxes? you limped wristed, no opinion, waste of fucking space.
>>
>>35746831
>not voting for Batman
>>
>>35746831
It's 4chan, we much prefer bane.
>>
>>35746831
so mad!
>>
ya know what

wouldn't doing a "crossfit-like" program (in the loosest sense of the word) be good in addition to normal lifting? something that would increase range of motion, let you be able to do backflips and shit for example, agility, coordination

does something like that exist?
>>
>>35746757
>>He implied rich people have more money to waste than poor people.
>while claiming poor people have more understanding of value

you're fucking retard. let me guess the source:
>being poor

sounds like every poor person i've ever met with nothing but excuses and blaming as to why they're poor. i'll take a bunch of "rich white people" over dirty scumbags any day.
>>
>>35747073
there's no room in my ppl for additional lifting
>>
>>35745499
*competition
>>
>>35747094

Some poor people don't understand value, but a fair amount of them do, as much of their existence is dependant on that. More so, they have a healthy appreciation of value, which is never found in the rich regardless of knowledge of value.

I've been poor for some of my life, sure, but I've almost saved the median net-worth in my country, despite being two decades younger than the average person.

Let me guess, you were born upper middle class. You never knew the pain of hunger, you never saw a skeleton looking back at you in the mirror because you didn't have food in the house.

Call me a dirty scumbag all you want, you are in error.
>>
>>35747312
well said sir
>>
>>35745715
I lost 80lbs of fat in 8 months, currently at 10 months of lifting.

I didn't do crossfit, I didn't use a personal trainer. I just lifted with a friend and kept to a routine.

You wanted a quick fix that required minimal effort (which is why you probably only worked out 2 times a week). You lack discipline, and you're just going to end up injured and fucked up.

By doing my routine, I've developed a body that I'm proud of, but not quite satisfied with (want to get those lower abs to show, but loose skin sucks).

Go to an actual gym, and learn to man the fuck up, you don't need some guy yelling at you to motivate you, this is a lifestyle, and the idea of needing to be motivated is retarded. Just do it.

Develop a routine and stick with it, change out some exercises every once in a while. If you can't workout unless you have someone else telling you what to do then your life will be filled with nothing but mediocrity, is that really what you're satisfied with?
>>
>>35746679
fatality
>>
Rhabdomyolysis, normally a thing reserved for high level athletes, is considerably more common in crossfit.
>>
>>35747545
but still extremely rare.
>>
>>35747665
Injuries, on the other hand, tend to be extraordinarily common.
>>
>>35745737
No progression for sure

>>35746507
>calling people fat to justify skelly nogains

Embarassing
>>
>>35746439
>that webm
mother of christ I haven't laffed that hard in years
>>
>>35745112
>We would be nude too of we looked good.
no dude where im from the strongest guys with the best bodies wear a t shirt or at most a tank top. i have never seen someone lifting naked (also unsanitary with the excess sweat on benches and stuff)
>>
>>35746679
fucking rekt
>>
Crossfit in theory and in practice is fine. The people who misrepresent it or make it look like a retarded shit show (members and trainers alike) would make anything they did look like a shit show.

The frequency of injuries is no different than other forms of exercise. If someone ran for an hour 5 days a week with the same vigor that they do their crossfit WODs they'd be just as likely to get shin splints. Untrained people are going to be untrained people no matter the avenue.

The double edged sword is the community. Basically it lets people get to re live their team sport experience (or for those who weren't jocks in high school it's their first taste of it), and the accessibility and open ended nature of GPP means that every group can turn crossfit into what they want it to be.

This is great for people who, if given the opportunity and equipment, would be able to maximize their personal results. Someone who knows how to diet and has the vigor needed to make gains will be able to while having access to sleds, bumper plates, gymnastics rings, and the other shit most boxes have.

The other side of the spectrum are those who don't know what they're doing but get sucked into being part of the team. Unfortunately these people who don't have any business doing what they do have no means of really finding out because they tend to be surrounded by people who are equally limited. You'll have trainers who think they're on the same level of guys who have 10+ years of personal training experience (but are not) programming anything and everything that looks interesting for members who are equally clueless.

The solution would be to make getting a crossfit certification a much more in-depth and demanding process, and getting level 2, level 3 (do they have level 4 now?) being endeavors that require years of experience. That cuts on profits though, so...

tl;dr fuck CFHQ, Castro's a faggot
>>
>>35744716
It's a lunk workout.
>>
>>35745601
I guarantee you I could beat any crosshitter in a wrestling match. You literally just lift and run for conditioning.
>>
File: eyeballs.jpg (32KB, 288x339px) Image search: [Google]
eyeballs.jpg
32KB, 288x339px
>>35744716
> injuries
> especially rhabdomyolysis
> expensive af
> better tried-and-true ways to improve conditioning
>>
I love athletic girls but for some reason crossfit girls are all fucking disgusting.

Riddle me this.
>>
>>35744807

Anyone who knows anything about it knows that whether or not you're going to have a good or bad time at Crossfit is almost entirely dependent on the Coach at the gym.

Good coach = good crossfit
Bad coach = bad crossfit

Simple as that. Been doing it for 9 months now, doubled my OHP, Squat and Deadlift and steady progress on Snatch & C&J with no injuries the entire time.
>>
>>35744971

Those photos are usually taken post workout, after they've probably just done 10 minutes of an intense AMRAP workout. Most gyms encourage social media interaction to bring in new members.
>>
>>35745251

Right because all the half reps you do every chest and leg day is perfect form, right? Fuck up, shitskin. Most Crossfit gyms won't even let you put weight on a bar until your form is perfect and learning how to do proper snatch and cleans can take months.
>>
>>35747805

According to who? I've trained for 3 years and seen maybe 1 or 2 serious injuries the entire time, from guys who were training to compete of all things.
>>
File: a42.gif (497KB, 434x347px) Image search: [Google]
a42.gif
497KB, 434x347px
Because pic related is considered a legit pull-up in the CrossFit(TM) games.
>>
>>35748989

Correct. As is a strict pullup.
>>
>>35748989
Kipping pull ups aren't inherently bad. Kipping pull ups done wrong are bad.

What else causes injury if done wrong? Fucking everything.

If your criteria for a pull up is to go from extended arms to chin above bar and the goal is to do a certain amount in a time frame or do them faster than the people you're competing with, then the way they're done in that GIF is the most efficient way.

Not competing and don't care about having a higher score or lower time than the people around you? Then don't kip your pull ups.
>>
File: hilton_poor.jpg (35KB, 423x566px) Image search: [Google]
hilton_poor.jpg
35KB, 423x566px
>>35744993
> Poor people understand value
ahahahahahahahah hahahahah hahahdhasuashhqadjhuedhuwehudahudashuahdhakjhskaha hhahasdkhjashkdaehiuoe
go fuck a rake
>>
File: 1052.jpg (34KB, 227x400px) Image search: [Google]
1052.jpg
34KB, 227x400px
>>35746479
pic related. buy.
>>
File: 1380078874830.jpg (104KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
1380078874830.jpg
104KB, 960x717px
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.