[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So lay it on me straight. How is this possible to withstand this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 7

File: monk.webm (972KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
monk.webm
972KB, 480x360px
So lay it on me straight. How is this possible to withstand this? Is it ''chi''? Or just simply tensing your muscles?
>>
>>35743626
>2016
>not being able to utilize your chi at any moment

Not gonna make it brah
>>
>>35743626
He doesn't hit with the end of the wooden staff. That takes out a lot of power.

I can do similar stuff, though. Chi? I don't know, I just do the traditional exercises and it works, so maybe it's Chi.
>>
Probably chi, it's a real thing.
>>
>>35743642
are u a martial artist?
>>
>>35743626
Of course it's tensing. You can see his neck muscles tense up before he hits. Give him a blindfold next time and see how he fares.
>>
>>35743626
He's a real-ass nigga
>>
>>35743642

What he said. If the stick were a sword (bad example) he would be hitting him with the base of the sword and probably wouldn't even make him bleed.
>>
>>35743810
MORE LIKE MARTIAL AUTIST

YEEEE
>>
>>35743873
thats irrelevant which part of the stick he hits him with
Ive seen other shit like getting full forced punches and laying on the tips of pointed swords. My point is, how do they do it, is just tensing your muscles?
>>
>>35743890
nobody thinks you're funny
>>
>>35743873
that's a dull fucking sword
>>
Been doing internal MA for 10 years. Chi's real, but doing that is just practice. Your bones and tissues get thicker and stronger so you can take a hit to the throat.
>>
File: image_7.jpg (35KB, 602x376px) Image search: [Google]
image_7.jpg
35KB, 602x376px
>>35743905
>thats irrelevant which part of the stick he hits him with
Somebody's never taken high school level physics classes
>>
they literally hit rocks against their neck for 10 years everyday
>>
How exactly does Chi work?
>>
>>35743890
I hate myself for laughing at that
>>
>>35743927
Spend more time on /his/. Swords are traditionally fairly dull
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 237x213px
>2016
>not accumulating chi into your lifting regiment
>>
As a doc let me assure you the trachea can be crushed, it's just cartilage. Don't ever fucking try this, I don't know what his 'trick' is but there is one.
>>
>what is the iron skin technique
You can do it yourself you know. It's simple adaption.
Probably going to take several years of training though.
That being said, OP's webm might be acting but the technique itself is real.
>>
>>35743626
That's not chi, that's haki
>>
Its not chi, its Iron Body conditioning.

Try punching the wall or a rock 100 times a day and your fists will be like steel.
>>
>>35743914

i thought it was pretty funny
>>
>>35744521
this works but at the cost of destroying all the feeling and nerves in your fist permanently
>>
>>35744641
good, those only make you weak
>>
>>35743890
kek
>>
>>35743905
are you suffering from crippling autism
>>
>>35744641

Thats what martial arts teachers warn you about, but theres methods to do it without destroying your nerves and simply developing extremely thick callouses.
>>
>>35743626
>chi
absolute control of your body is a thing. some people can manipulate their heartbeat frequency only with their mind for example.
it's like pushing yourself to the max before you test your 1rm. train your body and mind to know what your body is really capable of. your mind can do awesome things with your body!
>>
>>35743905
It's completely fucking relevant.

Look, its an impressive feat nonetheless, but he's getting only a fraction of the total force. He's also tensing and moving back at the moment of impact, and who knows if the other guy is pulling back slightly just before it connects. I'll bet the stick itself is intentionally brittle too.

It's physics, not magic. Ditto with most of these other shaolin "miracles". It's all dulled blades, leverage, and biomechanics.
>>
>>35743626
It's a parlour trick.
/thread
>>
>>35743626
by smacking them across the jaw and not their larynx
>>
Qi is a Chinese prescientific explanation for basically everything. So, yes, it is qi, but no, it is not qi.
>>
>>35743626
when his skin deflect a bullet or stop a knife from penetrating i'll believe chi to be a real thing
>>
>>35744534
So did i
>>
>>35743626
>chi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0_n7tGnK0
>>
Reminder that the entirety of CMA is the same physics as literally every martial art but "takes decades to master" due to inefficient training and being obfuscated behind decades-centuries of mysticism and pseudo-science bullshit.
>>
>>35744296

>they literally hit rocks against their neck for 10 years everyday
>against their neck for 10 years everyday
>10 years everyday
>10 years
>everyday
>>
>>35744335
>accumulating
You mean incorporating
>>
>>35743914
I chuckled desu senpai
>>
>>35743626
>is it chi
>or tensing your muscles
those are the same thing. chi doesn't mean magic
>>
>>35746986
chi means energy baka
>>
>>35746986
>>35747010
Chi is chinese for "our ching chong forbears couldn't into physics or biomechanics and just called everything they couldn't figure out chi"
>>
>>35743626

Actual martial artist here (wrestled in school, boxing, BJJ blue belt almost purple and muay thai instructor) this thread is dumb as fuck. I've been full force kicked in the throat (we hit with the shin for anyone unaware of muay thai's kicking) it sucks but it isn't crippling, I also didn't see it coming. I continued sparring it just made breathing uncomfortable.

Tensing will certainly make that easier to bare. That being said to the people bitching it doesn't count because it wasn't the end of the stick it still impressive. The resulting moment from the neck to the hands will still be insanely high. They can't use the end of the pole because it would make breaking it extremely difficult. Given breaking it is still clearly the goal of the demonstration it would make zero sense to use the end.

TL;DR it's impressive but a useless skill. Also not magic.
>>
I know a guy who tried to slit his own throat once. Spent ten minutes trying to saw through the rubbery tendons and arterial wall.

It's really simple. We're just way harder to damage than you think we are. You probably spend too much time watching Game of Thrones and shit.
>>
In this webm they are attempting to display either iron shirt qi gong or their abundance of wei qi. Which may be the same thing, not really sure as I'm not familiar with iron shirt.

Wei qi is basically the qi that surrounds the body, they are trying to show off their ability to use this to lessen the blow.

Honestly I believe in qi and it's ability to work in the real world, but I think the number of people in the world who could use their wei qi to withstand a blow to the neck without any tricks are going to number less than 10 if that.

To get to that level one would need probably 30,000 hours of cultivating qi at least. So about 30 years.

Qi is in my experience real, but qi strong enough to affect the physical world is extremely rare, most people who claim to be able to use qi to attack/defend are bullshit artists.
>>
>>35743810
Sorry, was watching a movie.

Yes, I am. Most people here are apparently full of shit. Yes, you can brute force this kind opf thing by hitting yourself over and over until you are "hard". 100 times a day is much too much, though. And you will get cancer. And die early, just like everyone else who does this kind of training for decades.

I don't really know how to explain the other way to train this - you just do the traditional exercises and the "Iron Shirt" comes by itself. It's nothing special, it's not an Asian invention, it's just a sign your training works.

For example, I break natural rocks with my hands for fun. I never trained for it, I don't do it regularly, it's just a side-effect and I do it when I feel like it.
>>
>>35744521
>>35744641
This desu, I used to train Muay Thai and our gym went on a few trips to Thailand. Over there they literally kick trees with their shins until it doesn't hurt to do it any more, mentalists.
>>
>>35746838
>Reminder that the entirety of CMA is the same physics as literally every martial art but "takes decades to master" due to inefficient training and being obfuscated behind decades-centuries of mysticism and pseudo-science bullshit.
It actually takes ~6 months to master if you have correct training. Maybe less if you're talented. I wouldn't know since I'm not talented. Stance work for hours? Not legit. 100s of reps punching air? Not legit? Super slow-mo Taijiquan? Not legit.

Those are all modern inventions or they were used as tests to weed out the assholes from the pupils.

Come on guys, use your head. Ever felt stiff or sore after you stood in a horse stance for an hour? Ever had elbow pain after you did gyaku tsuki for 500 times?
Now imagine you having to fight against an army with these problem. Can't and won't work. Not to mention all that stiffness becomes permanent after a while and actually reduces your punch power. Use your fucking head. If it feels like shit, it's probably not the best training routine.

It also helps to research how people trained before the big bodybuilding boom took us over.
>>
>>35747239
Palm trees are fucking soft. Don't make shit up. It's wellknown that tree-kicking is just a stunt to impress idots like you.
>>
>>35747239
Fuck any dirty whores?
>>
>>35743626
>>35743642
The most power from swinging a staff comes from 2/3's down the length of the staff. In the gif he swinging about 1/2, so the difference in force would be noticeable.
>>
>>35747306
Only your mum but that wasn't in Thailand.
>>
>>35744291

Or been outside ever... mustve sat in his cubicle all his life lol
>>
>>35747239
Banana trees are around as hard as a heavy bag. They're not even trees. The "trunk" is leaves around a cellulose stalk. The banana "tree" is, botanically, a herb.
>>
>>35747105
Confirming this. Walked into a side kick. Coughed a couple times and continued sparring.
>>
>>35743890
jej
>>
It's a show
The stick is prepared to break easily, and you have no idea how heavy it is.
Besides that he hits more under his jaw but you forget that because he "aims" beforehand
>>
>>35747202
> I break natural rocks with my hands
...any crazy shit you can do with your dick?
>>
>>35747473
Yeah, your mom.
>>
>>35744419
>Don't ever fucking try this
Gee thanks, doc. All those years at medical school sure came in handy!
>>
>>35747202
what do you train?
>>
>>35747358
I set myself up....I applaud you for that
>>
>>35747482
>cheeky
walked right into that one - can't blame anyone but myself
>>
>>35743626
Its the force vectors, he catches the first hit by going forward, then pulls back to dispate the force then with his legs thrusts hard to break the object with zero energy
>>
>>35747105
>full force kicked in the throat
are you training kindergartners? what kind of kids are you "sparring" with if a full force kick to the throat only made it a bit hard to breathe...
>>
>>35744261
Chi is not real
>>
>>35747467

This.
>>
>>35747510
Style (teacher):
Xingyiquan and some Sanda (ex-national trainer from China). Before that, I did Taijiquan (full-contact legend from Malaysia, also Black Belt Hall of famer). Before that, Goju Ryu Karate (ex-SWAT guy from Tokyo). Before that boxing (vice champion of Bavaria). Before that, Wado Ryu Karate (shit tier school, wouldn't recommend, but the later European Kumite Champion of Europe came from the same school and was my sempai).

The secret: There is no secret except correct teachings. The training also isn't supposed to leave you in shreds or sore for days. In actuality, it's pretty pleasant, like a good workout should be.

They all "just cook with water" as we say in Germany (meaning: There is no super special secret routine that they do). Don't overstrain yourself, get the correct teachings, and you can do it.
>>
>>35747584
Because despite what the 2deadly retards tell you there is no guaranteed "fight stopper".

You'd know this if you regularly trained with a noncompliant partner.
>>
>>35747700
this desu.
the only guaranteed "fight stopper" is a gun, and even then that's not a guarantee
>>
>>35747700
depends were in the throat, a good blow can easily crush the cartilage in your throat and fuck you up, not to mention its painful as fuck. i would say eyes are a pretty sure fire way of having a fight go your way, but yeah i agree.
>>
>>35747700
yeah, but you said - "full force kick to the throat". what kind of fighters are you preparing, if a direct - FULL FORCE - kick to the throat was a mild inconvenience at best...

seriously - where do you "train" so I know which place to avoid like plague...
>>
>>35743626
some retard in the united states did this, he ended up dying when he took baseball bat to the temple during a demonstration. but that guy would let people punch him in the throat and kick him the nuts.
>>
>>35743626
shit like this is stupid, mas oyama is still the king of martial arts at least until someone else punches a bull to death.
>>
>>35747843
No need to even argue bruce was and is the king
>>
Qi / Chi is real and that's why the majority of competitive martial artists win by using magic :))))))
>>
>>35743905
>laying on the tips of pointed swords

Oh? How many swords? Bare skin or clothing? Did you personally verify the sharpness of the swords?

This is all stage magic, kids.
>>
>>35744521

Or your hand will break the first day and you'll never punch anything again.
>>
>>35744261
Must be b8
>>
>>35744329

No they are not.

Stop posting.
>>
>>35743626
It's a trick. Guy pulls the strike a couple times and then hits the target in the shoulder with a weakened rod. Look where it broke and the guy's posture. Sad that you believe in that shit, kiddo.
>>
>>35747765
Yuki nakai disagrees
>>
Someone post the vid of the guy with the steel balls.

Yes.

THAT one.
>>
>>35743642
if it was chi you would know

meditate and find your chackras
>>
>>35747202
>I break natural rocks with my hands

This is not difficult as the hardness of rocks varies immensely.

Source: ERTH103
>>
File: 1439348828295.gif (476KB, 188x174px) Image search: [Google]
1439348828295.gif
476KB, 188x174px
Post yfw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9WwIRg0TXQ in HD
>>
>>35747399
So is weed and I'm high as FUCK
>>
>>35747105
>complete nonsense
Yeah, love the Internet
>>
>>35748582
Which RE is that?
>>
>>35743626
That's a carefully practiced demonstration. Where they pick someone from the audience to hit them that relies on people fundamentally not wanting to hurt other people. The guy getting hit is tougher too a lot of the time, but there is usually some trickery involved to make it super impressive
>>
>>35748016
The vast majority of swords through history have not been weapons for slashing people like some katanas are. They have primarily been versatile thrusting weapons.
>>
>>35744419
Its balsa wood, a very light and brittle wood.

Kung Fu practitioners are all jokes in the mma community, they are all weak little Chinamen and weebs that get smashed in real fights

That being said, I always claim i practice kung fu when i win fights to mess with people, even though I box/do BJJ
>>
>>35743890
Kek
>>
>>35743890
Nicely memed m8 10/10
>>
>>35743626
It's a show. It's designed to entertain and amaze.

Oriental magic show, just because you can't see through the illusion doesn't make it magical.
>>
>>35749315
Go to a museum.
>>
>>35752680
Yes they are also sharp along the edges, but the way they were used was to stab. Flailing around trying to slash people with a sword is the best way to render yourself defenceless in a fight with sword and shield. This is why nobody tried to use them to slash people.
>>
>>35753138
you are an idiot
src: study historical sword manuals

cutting works fine if you do it right.
>>
File: 1452263992818.gif (253KB, 447x415px) Image search: [Google]
1452263992818.gif
253KB, 447x415px
>>35747239
>>35747306
>>35747358
>>35747523
when will reddit leave
>>
>>35743626
F=m*a
the accelleration of the stick is much less the more you go to the origin of the swing radius.
meaning the force is much less
also he moves into the blow and moves back when he's hit.

ALSO:
we cant tell what the structural integrity of the stick is just by looking at it

and yes muscles also help reduce the blow
>>
>>35753138
you know they need to be able to cut through leather and flresh when fighting the unarmed malitia etc
>>
>>35753409
Why the fuck did you feel the need to say f = ma? That has almost nothing to do with it.
>>
>>35753460
Are you fucking retarded
It has everything to do with it

Mass x acceleration = force

The closer the to centrepoint of a rotating circle you are, the slower it will be spinning. The further out you are, the faster it will be spinning. Is that simple enough for your shitty 256mb brain to comprehend? Fuck man, i can hear the two cogs in your head grinding away from here, shitskull.
>>
>>35743890
vev
>>
>>35747202
This motherfucker breaking fucking rocks with his fucking hands for fun like he's some motherfucking geodude.

How the fuck do I into geodude-mode, bruh?
>>
>>35753514

so I guess what you mean is:

M = F . r (rotary momentum is force times distance)
and because
M = alpha . I (rotary romentum is rotary acceleration times moment of inertia)

alpha . I = F . r which leads to

F = (alpha . I) / r

because alpha and I are constant in this scenario the only variable is r

which kleads to your argument; glad I could help
>>
>>35753361
no shit it still works
but stabbing is far better
an inch of the tip can kill easier than a foot of the blade

from a HEMA perspective he's just saying that most swords are used PRIMARILY (not solely) as thrusting weapons

notable exclusions would include cavalry sabres etc because you gotta cut down from horseback BUT the majority of blades are used as thrusting weapons

thrusts are also compact and small movements that don't leave you open to be stabbed

fuck off, fuckwit
>>
>>35753514
>a rotating circle
Keke. Dumb fuck. Go back to class, highschooler
>>
>chi is real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0_n7tGnK0

we aint in the DBZ universe mang
>>
>>35744521
can I do that with my cock?
>>
>>35753797
Nothing is impossible if you're willing to work for it, anon
>>
>>35753395
>giving the samefag a (You)
>>
>>35752594

Fucking this

People seriously believing all that Iron Body shit
>>
>>35747202
>break rocks with hands
Hah, nice joke, faggot. Now go back to watching My Little Pony, Mr. Fedor-a.
>>
>>35748088
Chakras got invented by 19th century spiritists in the US. L2history, hippie.

>>35748485
Maybe. I wouldn't know since, as I said, I do it for fun from time to time.
>>
>>35753625
You do the traditional exercises. Holy shit, guys. Do I have to make a DVD out of it or something? There is no secret.
>>
>>35743890
top lel my friend
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.