[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Albuterol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 90892_w.jpg (36KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
90892_w.jpg
36KB, 700x700px
sup /fit/

I've got athsma and I've had it my whole life. I've also spent the better part of 3 years climbing out of the skelly hole and recently I did some research. Looks like clenbuterol and albuterol are pretty closely chemically related, and both can inhibit weight (especially fat) gain.

Initially I figured I was just a skelly faggot that couldn't count calories and I wasn't really eating enough, so I decided to get really diligent about it. I plan all my meals and when I go out to restaurants I always eat more than I had planned for that meal.

I make 2 shakes per day, each 650 calories, and I eat two additional meals of 800 kcal a piece. That puts my total at 2900 kcal, 500 above my TDEE. I'm 5'11", and I've been 155 lbs for 3 years. I've gone from skinnyfat to very well built, but I don't gain weight. 500 cal surplus over 2 years and not a budge in weight.

Does anyone have any reading or anything on this? Any other asthma bros that can corroborate?
>>
>>35712401
My whore eats like a cow but that bitch never gains fat, she uses albuterol
>>
>>35712426
is this documented by anything other than anecdotal evidence? I'd really like to bring it up to my doctor and try to get him to give me something to help gain weight. I'd like to be 175-180. I have maybe 9% resting body fat. The albuterol isn't going anywhere or I'll probably die.
>>
Also curious about this. TL;DR for OP?
>>
>>35712401
>>35712426
Typical doses of albuterol have no significant effect on weight

source: i'm a pharmacist
>>
>>35712439
Asthmatic, very diligent about calorie counting, eat at 500 cal surplus for 2 years, get very chiseled (otter mode probably) but gain no weight at all.
>>
all it does is kill appetite, it raises metabolism slightly but it's maybe 200 cals added to your TDEE at most. this is when stacked with caffeine btw so idk when you're using it solo
>>
Asthmatic here. I do shots of this crap like 1-2 a month. More times when closer to spring.

Had no effect on gains or apetite
>>
>>35712401

Inhaled albuterol does nothing for the metabolism since it only affects lung cells.

Capsule form albuterol in 4mg-8mg doses taken 3-4 times a day can increase your metabolism by roughly 5-6 percent. It's main use isn't so much the metabolism boost as it is the muscle sparing effects. It doesn't directly influence the sparing of muscle, but it does prompt the breakdown of fat cells into the bloodstream via their beta receptors, meaning your body will be able to cover a dietary deficit with more fat stores than usual.

Basically, you can cut on a larger deficit while using beta-agonists and not lose as much muscle as you would naturally. They do not help you build muscle, they don't increase your metabolism by much (high dose of clen is a 13 percent increase or so, it's the strongest beta agonist people use), they just create an environment in your body that encourages the use of fat stores as energy instead of muscle by making them more available.
>>
>>35712461

Stacking it with caffeine is a bad idea unless you're very used to it. It's weaker than clen, but still much more powerful than ephedra. Especially when first starting albuterol use, it isn't uncommon to experience that, "holy shit my heart is gonna explode," sensation. The main advantage albuterol has over clen is half-life in the body. Albuterol only has effects for roughly 4 hours or so (which is why it has to be taken constantly), whereas clen can last 10-12 hours. Albuterol is easier to time with sleep schedules, allowing you to actually get rest whereas habitual clen users end up using shit like GHB to go to sleep *cough*Zyzz*cough*.
>>
Is it bad albuterol doesn't raise my heart rate at all? Even when I first used it. I don't have asthma they gave it to me for a cough, now I just use it as a PED before the gym along with C4 preworkout.
>>
>>35712793

Are you using it in inhaler form, or capsule form?

Inhaler form will do nothing for you other than make it easier to breathe. Capsule form typically requires a dose of at least 4mg before you really feel it kick. As far as I know, albuterol is never prescribed in capsule form at those dosages. Perhaps in much lower dosages, but 4-8mg is a PED dose and well beyond the "safe" limits of dosing in the realm of medicine.
>>
... no ... an asthma puffer isn't going to stop you gaining weight.
>>
>>35712814
Inhaler. I take two puffs. I didn't know they made capsules.
>>
>>35712929

Yeah, inhaler ain't gonna do shit.

99.9 percent of the time, it's prescribed as an inhaler. Capsule form is only bought from research chem sites and is the only way it's effective as a PED.
>>
>>35712953
Fuck it ima believe it does. I'm all about placebo.
>>
>>35712401
I had asthma since birth, currently 26yo. I used both a nebuliser and inhaler until middle school, at which point I was put on just an albuterol inhaler, which was rarely used. All of my asthma inhalers and such always made me light headed, a sort of drunken "high" that was very temporary. I didn't like it at all. I began having significantly less asthma issues around 7th grade, which point I stopped using it altogether. I was sort of chunky from 8th grade all the way until my senior year of high school. Freshman year of HS I weighed ~185lbs, senior year I was ~235lbs. I now weigh ~200lbs at 6'7" tall. tl;dr, I supposed the asthma medications may have affected my weight if you look at the timelines, but it also corresponds with the time when I hit puberty, so my overall conclusion is that my inhalers had no effect on my weight whatsoever.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.