[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im a fat bitch who deserves death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 413_large_image.png (303KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
413_large_image.png
303KB, 500x669px
How is this book for beginners? I'm a 5'10 manlet weighing in around 345 fleshy pounds. I did do some weightlifting many years ago primarily with barbells and dumbbells. I've tried doing cardio through the last however many years but always lost interest. It's time to get serious about weight loss using weights. I found this limited set of particular barbell exercises concentrating on proper form and lower body workouts where I can really burn some calories in my legs.

Being that I'm a piece of garbage in my mid-30s, I would be starting off with even a bar on my squats if need be or fucking guided presses. Would this book be good for beginners?
>>
File: 1404522128999.png (297KB, 491x404px) Image search: [Google]
1404522128999.png
297KB, 491x404px
>>35709723
>STARTING strength
>BASIC barbell training

>"Is this good for beginners?"
>>
Don't blame Rippetoe for you letting your body deteriorate into a fat sack of shit. The book is meant for people wanting more strength and mass, anyone else should consider doing another program such as some kind of cardio thing to lose all your excess weight and then pick up starting strength.

And yes, some people are weaker than average and can't press and empty olympic bar and shit. My advice is to use your head and perhaps find another bar that isn't too heavy for you.

I hate January.
>>
>>35709754
>barbell training
>there are no trains
>>
>>35709723
read the sticky
>>
>>35709723
It's absolute shit for fat people, but everything is. The book is written for 110lbs teenage skeletons looking to bulk up. You can follow the program but don't follow the dieting advice.
>>
>>35709784
What you suggested is retarded as even if he is a fatso with 30 percent bodyfat he will have more LBM than many. He should be cutting calories and lifting at the same time, not running like a dumbass and end up as a fatso with 20 percent bf at 200.
>>
File: 1439529447744.jpg (187KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1439529447744.jpg
187KB, 1536x2048px
>>35709854
>"I would be starting off with even a bar on my squats"
>more LBM than many
>>
File: 1431635219036.jpg (26KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
1431635219036.jpg
26KB, 450x500px
Just hit the gym. Use the cable machines. 3 days split: Push, Pull, Leg. Focus on strength (5 reps max for 5 sets with your last rep being your failure rep).

You don't have to start with starting strength. SS is for when you need more strength but what you need now is more discipline. So hold your shit together anon.
>>
>>35709784
i'm not blaming rippetoe, faggot. i said i would use JUST the bar if that's where i'm at and yet practicing form. the sticky says compound movements are great for beginners and this book is based around those exercises.

i'll take >>35709824 advice but you're still a faggot.
>>
>>35709723
Buy the book. Read the book. Study it carefully. It is your textbook. Do the program. It's fine.

Dude, ANYthing is going to be better than continuing the way you are. SS is a perfectly good program.

But that isnt really the issue, is it?

You don't get to be that size overnight, nor with just a little casual snacking. You have GOT to eat a lot less than what you're used to. I'm not suggesting starving yourself, but only eat when you're actually physically hungry. Do not eat because you're bored or "feel like it" or whatever.

When your stomach growls, eat. When in is full (not stuffed!), cease eating. That is all.
>>
>>35709917
whoops, someone's assblasted.

do whatever you like you fat sack of shit old man. the peak of your life is over anyway.
>>
>>35709917
>calling kids a faggot on a mongolian homosexual iron welding forum
Seriously? I can't imagine any 30 year old feeling the need to do this.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.