[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OATS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11

File: probn-detail-sflb.png (180KB, 460x380px) Image search: [Google]
probn-detail-sflb.png
180KB, 460x380px
OATMEAL THREAD

>favorite brand; flavor
>what you add
>why are oats so great

OATS
>>
>>35709187

do yourself a favor and don't buy meme flavored oats. Kek @ falling for the "IT HAZ BROTEINS! :D" meme. Oats are complex carbs used for energy, their protein content is irrelevant
>>
>>35709241
I just grabbed the first pic I found on google, to be honest.
>>
>>35709187
I just buy the generic cheap ones at my local supermarket. I use a mason's jar to prepare my oats and put it in the fridge over night. Recipe:

- 8 tablespoons of oats
- soy milk or almond milk to cover the oats entirely
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- half a banana
- half a kiwi
- a handful of frozen fruit, such as strawberry, raspberry or blueberry

Not a lot of protein in here, but so gawd damn delicious and keeps you going for hours
>>
>>35709256
alright sorry for roasting you breh :3
>>
>>35709257
same.

My local generic brand is so cheap I can buy 2kg for 1$

I just eat them with low fat milk and some whey cause I'm cutting
>>
Old Fashioned Oats - Walmart Brand kek
>1 cup of oats in bowl
>fill with water till I see it rising up from oats
>microwave 1:30 minute
>sprinkle some cinnamon on
>devour
>>
>>35709373
I mean, is there really that much of a difference between brand names and the generic ones? Oats are oats. It's what you add to them that actually makes a difference. I'm not going to buy Quaker oats cause they're fucking expensive compared to generic ones
>>
File: DSC_0069.jpg (353KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0069.jpg
353KB, 1000x664px
Question. Is there any difference between coarse and fine? I bought these and the coarse one are just rolled oats I think and I find it hard to eat.

>>35709427
I'm into agriculture and oats are cheap as fuck. 1kg was 0.17$ this year. Considering unbranded is like 0.30$ where I live, and branded is like 1$, I consider it a huge ripoff
>>
>>35709464
correction I think fine are rolled oats
>>
>>35709187
>eating packets of oatmeal with 20g+ of sugar per serving
yeah aight m80
>>
>>35709503
>you
>ready comprehension
Pick 1, read the thread.
>>
I currently eat oat for all 3 meals. Boiled in water. I sometimes add lean protein such as 3 ounces of chicken or tuna.

The only problems now are dizziness/light headed when I stand sometimes, and I only poop maybe every 3 days. I also fear oat bloat since it can be deadly but so far no symptoms.

Post oat regimes here for motivation.
>>
>>35709187
This morning I made instant oatmeal (the apple/cinnamon variety) with 1% milk. Once I started eating I realized there was no flavor. I somehow got a flavorless packet. I choked it down but ew it was gross.
>>
Steel-cut with salt masterrace reporting in
Rolled oats taste like fucking cardboard
>>
>>35709241

ur a tard .. bet ur some DYEL Skinnyfat faggot who counts his calories

real man can eat flavored sweet chocolate banana nut peanut butter candy meme oats and become HUUUGEEE
>>
>>35709257

why dont you link the video for everyone?

I've seen it to anon !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddGi1wwAISg

theres literally no need to pretend you invented this recipe on a nigerian fish trading advice board
>>
>>35709960
well that wasn't very motivating
>>
File: 1451446034619.png (1MB, 1720x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1451446034619.png
1MB, 1720x1700px
I just started eating oats today, This morning I had about 240ml of oats in milk and some honey. Pretty nice 2bh but Holy shit I felt full as fuck. 240ml is about a cup and I see people here saying they do 2 fucking cups AND some eggs.

How the fuck do you do that? I feel disgusting.
>>
>>35709960
savory oats are incredible. microwave oats with water, sprinkle some montreal chicken seasoning and added shredded chicken. incredible
>>
>>35709187
uncle tobys
banana, greek yogurt, coconut oil
oats are great because they are cheap and give me long lasting energy :D
>>
>>35709241
>Ricardo Pistachio detected
>>
>threw all my oats away
>replaced with soba and muesli for carbs
Never felt better. Keep eating your shitty flakes
>>
>>35713285

But muesli is made from oats
>>
I'm on a keto diet so I can't eat oats because of the high carbs
You can get plenty of protein from meats and
>>
>>35709187
Oats, sweetener, hot water, stir, eat.
>>
How do you guys make your oats? I could eat the flavored packets but it's not as nutritious as plain old fashioned oats, but it tastes fucking terrible, even with cinnamon, so what do you do to make it taste better?
>>
>>35713647
steel cut with salt m8, trying to sweeten them is a mistake im telling you
>>
>>35711818
add some cinnamon to that shit brother
>>
File: bobs.jpg (300KB, 500x556px) Image search: [Google]
bobs.jpg
300KB, 500x556px
BOBS RED MILL CMON
>>
>>35709187
I put a spoonful of peanut butter and a spoonful of jelly into a bunch of raw oats and eat'em with cold milk like cereal. It's too good.
>>
generic white label supermarket oatmeal because its just fucking oats, not some gourmet shit. nutmeg as an alternative to cinnamon
>>
>>35709187
Steel cut master race reporting
>>
File: ahhhh.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ahhhh.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>35709187
Either walmart brand or quaker brand Maple and Brown Sugar.

every day since elementary school
>>
When I tried steel cut oats the consistency was very much like boogers. Is this normal?
>>
>>35714249
Raw oats?
>>
>>35714476
Cook them longer
>>
>>35714465
their Apple and Cinnamon flavor is pretty good too

less calories though
>>
>>35709187
>Quaker oats; plain
>cold milk, some honey, apple and banana slices,sometimes mango slices, with a teaspoon of sugar
>because it feeds my NEET stomach
OATS
>>
Miso oatmeal is the way to go. Makes it much more satisfying.
>>
>>35714487
Welcome to Europe, burger friend
>>
File: nattylove.jpg (39KB, 588x504px) Image search: [Google]
nattylove.jpg
39KB, 588x504px
>>35709241
This, that shit might not even have protein in it, they could just be lying on the packet and no-one would know. They probably aren't but they could be so I don't count the protein in it.
>>
I just buy the cheapest oats i can find, they end up being rolled oats most of the time, about $1 for 1kg, i spend maybe half an hour putting them through a coffee grinder, it makes the smoothest, creamyest porridge you can imagine.

As for flavour, i usually go for honey, maple syrup or brown sugar, i like the caramel flavour it gives the oats.
>>
>cheap generic oats
>coconut water (not milk)
>apple
>nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger.
>>
In mainland Europe it's actually not that easy finding oats (they call it muesli here), because most people here just eat corn flakes and bread (you know, the delicious continental European bakery style, not the shitty factory produce like in the UK and the States). I lived in Ireland for a year at age 21 and that was probably the first time in my life I saw anyone eat oats for breakfast.

What you can find here a lot though is cruesli, which is kind of a mix between oats and cornflakes. If you do find oats here it will come with raisins, seeds, nuts and other stuff such as sliced dried bananas. Very rarely can you find "just" oats, let alone steel cut or any other variant.
>>
are raspberries the most patrician addition to oats?
>>
>>35709464
Heh that's exactly what I get. Where you from, Yurop bro? I usually get the coarse ones, but there's probably no difference
>>
>>35717579
Take advantage of the European market.
Go to Amazon for your country, and have them ship you some straight to your door.
Oatmeal in english
Haferflocken in german
It wont be as cheep as you would find in a supermarket in the UK, but you can get a kilo for less than 5 euros.
>>
>>35717708
Oh I don't mind actually, I really like muesli with the added seeds, raisins, nuts and stuff. Makes the whole thing more nutritious right away. I was just pointing out to our American/ UK friends that it is hard to find pure oats in mainland Europe, because we don't have a tradition eating that.
>>
>>35717685
I'm from Romania so yeah. I usually rotate. Coarse one are good for overnight and fine for instant oatmeal
>>
>>35717579
Nah it was like this maybe a few years ago. You need to dig through muesli to find the pure oats. Now I see more and more supermarket chains started their own brand and I can find them relatively easily and I live in eastern yurop. I never knew about oats until I started browsing /fit/
>>
>>35717644
Raspberries should be enjoyed on their own, put delicately in a bowl, slighty cooled and dewy, and enjoyed as a dessert after you've eaten your oats.
>>
Quaker old fashioned rolled oats. Water and cinnamon because I'm a fat ass.
>>
>>35709187
I use plain old Quaker Oats, microwaved with skim milk.

But I can't choke them down unless I add sugar.

Am I going to make it, bros?
>>
>>35718576
>But I can't choke them down unless I add sugar.

Adding pure sugar to your food is the worst way, seriously. Just cut up some fruit and add that to your oats, it's natural sugar and will make it just as sweet, without the bad health effects.

Pro tip: I always buy raspberries/ strawberries/ blueberries in the frozen section of the super market. Costs about 1,5 dollars for 300 grams of frozen fruit (fresh is much costlier in the winter), just add a handful to your oats every time you prepare them.

Another tip for flavor: add soy milk with vanilla flavour to your oats instead of milk. Really cheap too and adds great flavor
>>
blueberries and dark chocolate

or when I just want oatmeal I have the golden syrup instead of original because plain oatmeal is rank
>>
>>35711873
Fuck yes... Going to try this
>>
>>35718791

I often use strawberries, and it still tastes like shit, aside from the bites with the strawberries themselves.

I'll try the soy milk and stop with the sugar. Thanks for the advice.
>>
Any one else enjoy their oats chewy? I will put less water then is necessary so it becomes lumpy and more cereal like instead of a sloppy pudding
>>
I just buy the store-brand quick oats. Usually just add one TBSP of peanut butter and a packet of splenda. Pretty damn good
>>
>>35717355
Kek
>>
File: 15645412312.png (175KB, 302x297px) Image search: [Google]
15645412312.png
175KB, 302x297px
>>35709187
Banana flavored god dammit!
>>
>>35714242
Yeeeeeess
>>
Scott's Old-fashioned oats
Whole organic milk, just enough to cover the oats then cook it in a pan on a low heat whilst stirring until it's done
Because they just are 2bh senpaitachi
>>
>>35709960
I hate this pasta.
>>
>1 dl oatz
>1.25 dl water
>2 large, almost brown bananas, sliced
>Chocolate whey
>Whole milk
>1 tbsp coconut oil
Mix water, oatz and banana in a bowl, nuke for 2 min, add coconut oil and whey, stir, nuke for 30 sec. Add milk and other shit you like, stir, eat.
Ta-da!
>>
>>35720165
Why coconut oil?
>>
File: EA1E06_steel-cut-oatmeal_s4x3.jpg (341KB, 1232x924px) Image search: [Google]
EA1E06_steel-cut-oatmeal_s4x3.jpg
341KB, 1232x924px
>>35709187
>>35709241
I don't really give a shit about protein in oats anymore. I can get that from other food. But oats are good and I, like this anon,
>>35714465
have been eating them nearly all my life for breakfast.
>favorite brand;
Not particular on brand (shit I have great value brand in my pantry right now). Op's pic related are the kind I've had the most. Since ive tried it I like 1,000 times glorious nippon folded steel cut oats though
>flavor
0, Mixing flavors
1. Banana
2. Raisins and Spice
3. Apple Cinnamon
4. Blueberry
5. Strawberry
6. Cinnamon Roll
7. Peach
>what you add
Bananas, Peanut Butter, Regular Butter, Brown Sugar, Maple Syrup, Oatmeal Cookies, Ice Cream
>>
>>35711834

alright lardo.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 500x375px
I'm not a huge fan of rice; does anyone here know offhand if oatmeal completes the amino acid profile when paired with beans?
>>
File: 20151022_004405.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20151022_004405.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>brand
Y'all seriously don't make this shit yourself?
>>
>>35709187
Favourite: the ones that I buy in bulk in the local mill
What do I add: a banana, half a packet of quark, some dried cranberry and peanuts and top it with a pinch of cinnamon
Why are they great? Cheap, relatively tasty, sating as fuck. Also dat fiber
>>
Does anyone make overnight crock pot oats? Any decent recipes?
>>
>>35720660
>cock pot
>>
>>35717828
I salute you, fellow Romanian comrade
>>35709187
Best combo for me is strawberry and banana, but I put in whatever fruit I have, plus a splash of vanilla extract or cinnamon. If I feel particularly frisky, I'll eat it with peanut butter and banana, shit's cash
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.