[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Newbie gym goer >My lifts are Bench -140x5 Squat - 145x5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1861v44hht7myjpg.jpg (12KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
1861v44hht7myjpg.jpg
12KB, 636x358px
>Newbie gym goer
>My lifts are Bench -140x5 Squat - 145x5 and Deadlift 155x5
>Nice dude jumps in and warms up with my max Bench
>Wish I were stronger and curse myself for letting myself go this long without training for strength

I should have some respectable numbers in about a year right?
>>
>>35702367
Be patient. Do things in your own pace to avoid injuries, but don't forget to push yourself.
>>
Eat and sleep well, keep consistent, it will happen sooner then you think
>>
>>35702367
If strength is your goal and you are doing SS or SL with proper diet/rest yes, you will make some very respectable gains in a year.
>>
>>35702367
my max bench is 50 and i had to work to get up there
>>
>>35702367
How the fuck is your bench so high when you can't pick up lmao2pl8 off the floor
>>
Key to progress is to push yourself but to progress slow and steadily. Go all out, test your 1rm every other week and you'll burn out/injure yourself in short order.

Any hobby takes time bro, you don't pick up a guitar and play like Jimi after a few weeks just the same as you won't pick up a dumbbell and look like Arnold after 3 months training.

> 12months, you can make good progress

> 24 months, a good 30ish pounds lean muscle gain if you did it right, good progress

> 3 + years steady consistent training = walk in any gym and get respect
>>
>>35702367
If you eat well, follow a good program and actually go to the gym without skipping then you will surpass pretty much everyone in a commercial gym in 6-8 months with the possible exception of bench (since even in commercial gyms you still can get the rare 3 pl8 bencher).

The important things you have to understand though is progressive overload is best so increasing your squat by 10kgs every session other than maybe first 2-3rd is retarded and will halt your progress.
Your bench will never ever reach good numbers unless you bulk a decent amount and also microload.
>>
>>35702367
I started lifting last Feb, with my squats/dead/ohp/bench being 95/105/65/65 for a orm. Right now my orm's are 315/385/240/160 respectively. Just keep lifting and maintain a good diet and you can make gains too
>>
>>35702367
>I should have some respectable numbers in about a year right?
By normie standards, yes. Absolutely. If this is the motivation you want, you got it.
>>
>>35703593
You OHP 2 pl8 and bench less than 1.5pl8 ? The fuck?
>>
>>35703602
Oh shit I just realised my mistake. I meant a 240 bench and a 160 ohp. That'd be done majorly strange shit if it was the other way around.
>>
>>35702367
Impressive bench for someone with such weak squats and deadlift.
>>
>>35702367
you'll be fine OP, I started out with a 34lb bench and a 200lb diddy
>that pectus excavatum feel
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.