[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
>Newbie gym goer
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1861v44hht7myjpg.jpg (12 KB, 636x358) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1861v44hht7myjpg.jpg
12 KB, 636x358
>Newbie gym goer
>My lifts are Bench -140x5 Squat - 145x5 and Deadlift 155x5
>Nice dude jumps in and warms up with my max Bench
>Wish I were stronger and curse myself for letting myself go this long without training for strength

I should have some respectable numbers in about a year right?
>>
>>35702367
Be patient. Do things in your own pace to avoid injuries, but don't forget to push yourself.
>>
Eat and sleep well, keep consistent, it will happen sooner then you think
>>
>>35702367
If strength is your goal and you are doing SS or SL with proper diet/rest yes, you will make some very respectable gains in a year.
>>
>>35702367
my max bench is 50 and i had to work to get up there
>>
>>35702367
How the fuck is your bench so high when you can't pick up lmao2pl8 off the floor
>>
Key to progress is to push yourself but to progress slow and steadily. Go all out, test your 1rm every other week and you'll burn out/injure yourself in short order.

Any hobby takes time bro, you don't pick up a guitar and play like Jimi after a few weeks just the same as you won't pick up a dumbbell and look like Arnold after 3 months training.

> 12months, you can make good progress

> 24 months, a good 30ish pounds lean muscle gain if you did it right, good progress

> 3 + years steady consistent training = walk in any gym and get respect
>>
>>35702367
If you eat well, follow a good program and actually go to the gym without skipping then you will surpass pretty much everyone in a commercial gym in 6-8 months with the possible exception of bench (since even in commercial gyms you still can get the rare 3 pl8 bencher).

The important things you have to understand though is progressive overload is best so increasing your squat by 10kgs every session other than maybe first 2-3rd is retarded and will halt your progress.
Your bench will never ever reach good numbers unless you bulk a decent amount and also microload.
>>
>>35702367
I started lifting last Feb, with my squats/dead/ohp/bench being 95/105/65/65 for a orm. Right now my orm's are 315/385/240/160 respectively. Just keep lifting and maintain a good diet and you can make gains too
>>
>>35702367
>I should have some respectable numbers in about a year right?
By normie standards, yes. Absolutely. If this is the motivation you want, you got it.
>>
>>35703593
You OHP 2 pl8 and bench less than 1.5pl8 ? The fuck?
>>
>>35703602
Oh shit I just realised my mistake. I meant a 240 bench and a 160 ohp. That'd be done majorly strange shit if it was the other way around.
>>
>>35702367
Impressive bench for someone with such weak squats and deadlift.
>>
>>35702367
you'll be fine OP, I started out with a 34lb bench and a 200lb diddy
>that pectus excavatum feel
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Thread DB ID: 447363

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.