[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old one is past 300. It is time to start a fresh thread. Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 26

File: download.jpg (15KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15KB, 284x177px
Old one is past 300. It is time to start a fresh thread.

Are polyunsaturated fats bad for you? Or is that a meme?
>>
How do I stop yawning at the gym? I'm taking 2x the reccomended serving of preworkout and I still yawn.

Also will it kill my gainz if I start doing push-ups more to improve endurance? I'm tired of people assuming I can do a ton of push-ups because I can bench more than I weigh
>hurr durr push-ups must be really easy for you then right anon?
>>
>>35702316
Why would you want to stop yawning though?

And no, you won't kill your gains unless you go overboard with doing pushups. It's like cardio - as long as you don't do too much of it, it's only going to bring you positive results without losing gains.
>>
I just started SS, or tried to. I can't get the form for squats right. I can't keep my wrists straight, I think because my shoulders aren't flexible enough to let me drop my wrists. How do I train shoulder flexibility.
>>
Had sex with gf after cumming laid there dick shrank and bitch called it tiny, should i dump her, its 6.5x5.5
>>
Can someone explains this to me (absolute retard here)
I started off at 218 pounds(5'11)
>huge gut/manboobs
>twig arms and flabby forearms
>huge thighs
Overall I'm a big bag of flubber
Over the past few months of dieting and running on the treadmill I've gotten down to 190, but I still see no difference
I did a fairly detailed body fat % calculator test (https://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/body-fat-percentage-calculator)
and it came out to 31% body fat
At 190 pounds with a bf% of 31 means I have 58.9 pounds of fat still on me.
If I were to drop 30-40 more pounds would I still be a fat tub of lard? I've lost almost 30 pounds already and theres virtually no difference
I don't understand this at all
>>
>>35702845
You'll look flabby without muscle, regardless of what you weigh. That's where "skinnyfat" comes from. You also probably do look at least a little better, its just been so gradual you didn't notice. Start lifting and your physique should improve.
>>
>>35702782
If she was serious, she's retarded for not realizing flaccid size means nothing
>>
I started taking creatine for a few weeks now but read that you're gonna basically lose your gains when you go off of it? I just bought some because it was on sale, should I just stop now or finish the package I got anyway? Do people legit take creatine their whole life then?
Another thing I was wondering, is there a difference between taking creatine in powdered ( dissolving it in liquid) or capsule form?
>>
>>35702845
From experience I can tell you that there are certain ranges of bodyfat levels where it's pretty hard to tell whether you've gained or lost any fat at all. I think it's also part of the reason why so many people suddenly wake up and realized they've gotten fat as hell - because they've spent a lot of time in that range where you don't really notice much of a difference until it's too late.
The point is, just keep at it and suddenly you'll wake up as a different person.

>>35703401
You don't lose your gains. You MIGHT notice a very slight drop in performance and maybe a bit of bodyweight because the creatine causes you to hold on to a bit of intra muscular water weight. But that's that.
Most people do take creatine all the time though. There's not much reason not to if you respond to it, since it's dirt cheap.
>>
File: Overhead-Press-Form-Stance.jpg (38KB, 452x428px) Image search: [Google]
Overhead-Press-Form-Stance.jpg
38KB, 452x428px
>>35702149
I'm seruiousy confused.
Alan Thrall Ovehead presses with the barbell behind his ears and his head forward in this video and states that is correct from:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWBjwGqVLW0
Yet Mehdi clearly shows on his Overhead Press instructions that the barbell should go above the ears and the head should remain neutral at the top of the press:
http://stronglifts.com/overhead-press/
Then you see Rip coaching people and most of the time the bar goes behind the ears and the head goes at least a little forward:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
Who is right? I'm so fucking confused.
>>
>>35702768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPm5dQ4_yhE
>>
I weighed about 240 at my worst and lost a fuck ton of weight by changing my diet. I weigh around 150 now, and I still have shitty saggy skin from when I lost the weight. Am I fucked for life now or will it go away the more I work out?
>>
>>35703456
Time/surgery is the only solution. Check out this video of this guy who embraces it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpKDteQ3FIQ
>>
>>35703433
I'm normally a fan of Alan Thrall, but I think he sticks his head forward too much on the overhead press. I see a lot of people do this and I think it stems from the cue "push your head through", which is a good cue, it's just that most people take it too far. You do need to get your head forward, but not THAT much forward.
>>
Stalling on bench press. How to break the plateau?
>>
>>35703460
How long does it take to go away? Mine isn't nearly as bad as his, but it's still noticeable in my stomach and ass.
>>
>>35703433
>>35703477

At the very top, there are two options, an Olympic style finish or a powerlifting/bodybuilding style finish. With the Olympic style finish, the bar will arc back slightly, and you’ll push your head through the gap created by the arms with the elbows completely locked out. If you choose the powerlifting/bodybuilding style finish the bar path will remain vertical and straight throughout the lift; be aware that this style has a bigger tendency to create lumbar hyperextension though.
>>
File: fYCAPtf.png (154KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
fYCAPtf.png
154KB, 1242x2208px
I'm on my first cut and I'm wondering if it's normal for a person to not lose weight some weeks. (Pic related: my calorie intake for the past 7 days)

I'm 5'9 and I started out at 176lbs, after 3 weeks I lost 6.2 lbs, much faster than the 1lb a week I expected on a 500 calorie per day deficit. But on the fourth week I haven't lost an ounce. I didn't adjust my 1950calorie daily goal only because I had been losing weight faster than I planned, and even the low end estimates of my TDEE are 2300~ calories. Also, based on prior bodpod results I'm probably around 10-13% bf.

So again, is that normal?
>>
>>35702149
Is the original thread 404?
>>
>>35703481
Reduce weight and increase reps and start working your way back while eating enough to gain weight (build muscle). You should find that you'll be able to exceed your current working weight once you reach it again.
It works well to wave your weight and volume up and down like this. You start with light weight high reps and slowly add weight and just allow the reps to become fewer as the weight increases. Once you hit a certain point you go back again, this time hopefully hitting more reps than you did last time you were at that particular weight, or doing more weight than you did last time you performed that particular number of reps.

Always keep track of your personal best performances in many rep ranges. Even if your 5RM doesn't change but you can do 12 reps with what used to be your 10RM, you've made progress and gotten stronger. Over time these small steps will add up to a lot.

>>35703499
>s that normal?
Yes. Weight loss is rarely a linear process. Your TDEE varies a lot and more importantly, fluid retention can be fickle. Sometimes you don't seem to lose any weight (you can still very well be burning fat without losing weight though) for a week or two, and then it suddenly takes a big drop.
If you go 3-4 weeks without losing any weight though, something has to change.
>>
>>35703460
fuuuuuuaaaaaaaark
>>
>>35702149
why have i stopped losing weight? i have lost 45 pounds in the last 4 months, down to 19%bf. My workouts are more intense and i still eat at a 1500 calorie deficet and i have only lost 1lb from the start of january. the only thing i changed is i started eating oats! did i fall for a meme should i stop eating them
>>
>>35703517
i mean i eat at a 500 calorie deficet @ 1500kal per day
>>
>>35703517
Try increasing your intake by 500-1000 a day for anywhere between 3 days and a week and see what happens. Sometimes it magically reignites weight loss. I cannot explain why but I've seen it happen often. Maybe not immediately, but once you go back to your deficit you should lose some.
You don't have to be afraid that you'll get fat after just a couple of these days, especially if you're training intensely.
>>
>>35703490
So they're both acceptable?
Which would be better for general strength training? Which one can you do more weight with?
>>
>>35703532
Neither is better. Although I think the weightlifting version isn't as suited for beginners or people who are learning the lift on their own, as it involves a bit of weird forward lean.
>>
>>35703531
okay, if i do this and nothing changes? what would be my second option?
>>
Should I ask my gfs dad for her hand in marriage?
The guys alcoholic and a real loser.
>>
>>35702149
Okay guys.
I want to track my calories and macros. And i guess the easiest way to do is with an App. So what is is a good or maybe the best App for this? There are a lot - chron o meter, calorie counter, my fitness pal etc.
>>
>>35703546
If it were me, simply taking a little break from my cut and going on maintenance for a while before resuming the cut again.
The alternative is to reduce your caloric intake further, but as it's already very low this never leads to anything good. It's like pissing your pants to keep warm - it works for a little while and then it stops working and you're in an even worse situation.
>>
I just recorded my form for the first time and lets say it's not perfect. How much is enough of a deload for my next workout? 10%?
>>
>>35703565
Next time, start with the empty bar and record yourself. Keep adding weight in managable increments and keep recording yourself. See how heavy you can go before form starts falling apart.
That's the only way really.
>>
File: Bf5AlQkIQAAozi8.jpg (59KB, 600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Bf5AlQkIQAAozi8.jpg
59KB, 600x1066px
>>35703499
>>35703505

Thanks for the info!
>>
Any help, 5'10 140lbs, eat clean, train hard as fuck. ( running ) but because I've only started training weights recently I don't have a big strong built up core. If I train my core more will it look more defined? It will right? Leg raises for lower, crunches for upper and wood choppers for obliques
>>
>>35703549
No. Fuck that guy unless you seriously believe it will damage your relationship with gf not to do it.
>>
File: yol.jpg (2MB, 2436x1698px) Image search: [Google]
yol.jpg
2MB, 2436x1698px
>>35702149
Am I allowed to eat whole eggs whilst losing weight? I'm returning to fitness training and have to lose a bunch of excess weight I put on over a 4-year super break (new job, new house ect.). When I was training prior my gym partner told me never to have the yolk of eggs and to instead by bottled whites, problem is now no place I can get to easily sells them anymore.

So are yolks really that bad if it's just a few? I'm not going for a hardcore diet right now, just a much healthier natural one to gradually lose weight as I go to gym.
>>
>>35703740
There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating the whole egg whatsoever. It's a retarded myth that stems from the time when people thought fats where bad and dietary cholesterol was bad.
>>
File: 1451837540991.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451837540991.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
>>35703550
Pls respond
>>
Im kinda sick should i be training?home-gym masterrace btw
>>
>>35703775
My fitnes pal
>>
>>35703779
depends on how youre feeling. if you're sick then there probably isn't a point in half-assing a training session
>>
>>35703779
Don't. It makes no sense to apply additional stress that you probably won't be able to recover from anyway.
You can add a light session and do mobility stuff or technique or something if you like and are feeling up for it.
>>
I jerk off at least once a day 7 days a week. Every other day I might do it twice. How adverse are the effects of masturbation really? Does anyone else have a problem with smelling foul despite showering twice a day? I admit that I smoke about a half pack a day and that is a heavy contributor, but I've lost 2 jobs now because no matter how clean me or my clothes are, I stink. Hell, I've been using medicated antiperspirant and it does help, just not enough apparently.
>>
Should I hit my gf with short bursts of maximum frequency poundings or go for max steady distance 4stroke type action?
>>
>>35702149
meme, you need a mix of fats for optimal health

>>35702316
work more on controlling your breathing between sets, calm down with the preworkout.

>>35702768
Use a wider grip and put your thumbs on top of the bar, bring it in more narrow as your flexibility improves. Do shoulder dislocations and pull-aparts with a resistance band between sets.

>>35702782
you shouldn't let your hand talk back to you like that

>>35702845
If all you do is lose weight then you won't look better and the best you can do is end up looking skinny with loose skin. Add muscle mass and your body fat % will drop since your lean mass is going up even if your fat mass stays the same. You'll probably end up hanging around 180 for a while but progressively looking better if you start serious resistance training of some kind

>>35703401
There's a slight amount of water retention with creatine in some people that will go away when they stop using it. The point of creatine is to improve your ability to workout, the gains you get from having better workouts are what you are after not the 2-3lbs of water that come with it.

>>35703433
I personally like letting the bar come forward and then ending it right above the head, no reason to let your spine get out of neutral just to get a few more pounds on your press.

>>35703481
Work on setting rep records at lower weights or switch to incline press for a little while then loop back.

>>35703499
yeah weightloss is almost never linear, same with weight gain - it happens in spurts.

>>35703517
the lighter you get the less calories you are burning so a given level of calories is less of a deficit. I wouldn't drop calories much lower, maybe consider switching up your macros or the timing/number of your meals and see how that goes. Also adding in some low intensity cardio like walking in the mornings is helpful.

>>35703550
Myfitnesspal is the most popular these days. Eatthismuch seems promising but it's only on the iphone right now.
>>
>>35703565
Whatever weight you can maintain correct form with.

>>35703587
If you mean abs then yes and no. They don't hypertrophy as much as other muscles and definitely not as quickly. Your six-pack is mostly influenced by your body fat level and genetics. You might see some progress from adding in those exercises but don't expect any miracles

>>35703740
whole eggs are fine, just make sure your overall calories are appropriate for your goals

>>35703779
Don't try to set any personal records but there's no reason you can't stay active. Just work on technique and reduce your volume a bit.

>>35703857
smoking is probably the biggest problem but it could also be your diet. Try staying hydrated and increasing the amount of fruits veggies you eat and see how that goes.

>>35703933
change it up, she's not an arcade machine bro
>>
Do you guys have any of those friends who seem to have a fucking farm of pussy in their phones?

How do you achieve something like that? Do you hit every girl you meet and talk to her about her sad life while explaining how yours is cooler?

I mean some of these guys are not even hot they just seem to go on with all the girls they meet.
>>
>>35702316
>not doing 3x5 yawns then on alternate days
>not doing 1xF yawns on your rest day

Goodbye jaw gains
>>
If I can bench close to my bodyweight, could I then actually do pull-ups?
Should I use my sturdy squat rack for pull-ups? I don't have the ceiling height for something like a power rack and the doors don't fit a bar.
>>
File: 131579688.jpg (60KB, 447x330px) Image search: [Google]
131579688.jpg
60KB, 447x330px
are steroid users not only more aesthetic but also stronger than natties?
>>
>>35703985
Pull-ups use none of the muscle groups you use while benching. Pull-ups need to be trained, chances are you still can't do a single one. Anyway, yes, do pull-ups on wherever you can, it's an important exercise.
>>
>>35703983
super set with chewing gum for for a pump
>>
>>35703965
why don't you try talking to these 'friends' of yours about this?

>>35703985
there's no overlap, I trained a guy who could bench 405 at a bodyweight of 320lbs and he was nowhere close to doing a pullup. Your bodyweight and the amount of fat you carry matter a lot. Do them in your squat rack, you can even put your feet on a bench out in front of you while you work up to doing regular pullups.

>>35704004
The biggest guys in the world and the strongest guys in the world use steroids, the most aesthetic guys in the world have great genetics and use steroids - and there is surprisingly little overlap between these groups.

how you train and eat matters more than whether or not you use steroids
>>
Is it advisable for a beginner to do squats, chest press, clean and press and deadlifts so long as their form is correct throughout the exercises?

I want to nail those 4 compounds as soon as I can to help me burn excess fat more easily, I also want to hurt all over because why the fuck not.
>>
one of my lats is bigger than the other, and no matter what I do I cant seem to fix my inner chest! any solutions /fit/?
>>
perfect arm day routine? go!
>>
File: Strength training for the arms.jpg (598KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Strength training for the arms.jpg
598KB, 1125x1500px
>>35704491
Start with this. Anyone got add ons?
>>
>>35704486
Isolation exercise for lat. 'Inner chest' is genes.
>>
File: 7pcJ0.gif (197KB, 348x132px) Image search: [Google]
7pcJ0.gif
197KB, 348x132px
When counting calories do I count non-starchy vegetables?
>>
File: 1429343741877.jpg (134KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
1429343741877.jpg
134KB, 567x567px
>>35704555
i..do not understand this question
>>
>>35704613
Don't ever fucking reply to me again.
>>
>>35704555
Yes. If you eat a pound of broccoli it's still 200 cals. They don't just dissappear.
>>
Could this be a herniated disc (obv will see doc but want opinions)?

>started out as sudden sharp hip pain from nowhere, radiated around left hip and down leg. Started light but walking made it very bad.
>now it's between dull and sharp pain, shoots from both hips down to feet. kind of pulsing pain. can't tell where the injured area is since the pains could be anywhere.
>pain starts in random place along my hips/legs, goes away in a few seconds, starts in another place.
>sometimes sharp pain around upper back/arms
>not severe, dull actually, but persistent
>lasted a month
>cardio helps but not sure whether it's just the endorphins masking the pain, lifting makes it worse
>warm bath calms it
>>
I can't get my fucking squat form correct. I think it was good a few months ago but then I got sick and now I've gotten back the last weeks and it's horrible. My lower back hurts after I'm done with every set and I have no idea why. I think i've isolated the problem to when I'm standing up but I'm not sure.

Sadly I don't have any film of it but maybe anyone can give some tips of things I might be missing? I use a high bar grip and try to push my shoulders in and chest up when holding the bar. I go below parallell.
>>
>>35704625
Ooooh look out, this guy is being serious on the internet. You better not reply to him. What a fucktard.
>>
i quit drinking soda over two weeks ago
when will i stop craving it?
fuck, this is harder than when I quit alcohol
>>
>>35702149
How do I motivate my room8 into hitting the gym? Also best rutine foe him to catch up? Im fine with just 1pl8 bench and 1-2 squat as soon as posible
>>
>>35704644
>sometimes sharp pain around upper back/arms
Either disc or pinched nerves (which could be caused by disc) so hernia sounds reasonable. But you know, asking about this on a chinese cat collectors board will probably do nothing but give you anxiety. We're all autist idiots here.
>>
>>35704669
Okay. Doesn't pain have to be really bad for a herniated disc though? Mine is mild
>>
>>35704709
It doesn't have to be bad. The pain depends on the severity of the hernia the placements and nerves and all that, but the hernia can worsen and become more painful so you need to get it looked at.
>>
>>35704666
what motivated him to go in the first place? what motivates you? why do you care why he works out?
>>
does anyone have a rope skipping routine to make it more interesting?
>>
File: ukraineqt.png (686KB, 895x498px) Image search: [Google]
ukraineqt.png
686KB, 895x498px
>>35704648
pls respond

Have a qt
>>
>>35704791
How is your hips placement? You should compare it to good form in youtube vids.
>>
>>35704819
I haven't really thought about it, I just try to point my knees outwards so they are over my feet.
>>
Can i increase muscle mass without increasing bf¿ Im 6'2 and 167 lbs (189cm 76kg) 13% bf but look rather bad
>>
should every day be delts & and traps day?
can they take the load?
>>
>>35704958
>but look rather bad
Dyel? You get at least 6 months of natty gains without needing to bulk.
>>
>>35705002
Not trying to be dense but what do you mean by gains here¿ more muscle mass or lifting more weight
>>
Will a binder hide my gyno? currently can't afford $5000 gyno surgery
>>
>>35705051
You will build a muscle base very easy the first few months. You don't need to bulk up if you don't want to, you can do it while eating maintenance.

You would know this if you read the sticky.
>>
>>35705055
Yes. It works even for transmen with big titties, so why not you.
>>
>>35705217
Thanks
Im off to lifting
>>
>>35705055
Just sack up and perform the surgery on yourself bro.
>>
Is it ok drinking out of date protein?

Just got given 10kg of out of date impact whey cant see it all going to waste
>>
>>35705417
As long as the taste and texture if fine, it's fine. Good for you getting free stuff.
>>
>>35705443
i know check me out
>>
how bad is it to eat 4-5 eggs a day?
>>
Am I doing something wrong?
I usually walking a lot throughout the day, and I try to eat within my calorie limit but yesterday it said I gained two pounds when the day before it said I was 157lbs.

Is this normal or am I missing up?
>>
Is eating late at night a myth from a standpoint of gaining weight? Wouldn't you want to eat some protein and/or fats before bed?

If all the muscle repairs and things like hormone regulation, HGH, etc. are done while we are sleeping wouldn't you want to have sources of protein and fats available while resting?
>>
>>35705594
weight varies a lot in small windows of time

weigh yourself every morning before eating after shitting and take the average for the week

OR

weigh yourself only once a week (always after waking up)
>>
>>35705627
Will do
>>
As a recovering fatass (>40% bf), is it advisable to follow Greg Parks 5x5 routine from the sticky, or should I do more reps with less weight? Does it really matter?
>>
>>35703549
Its old fashioned and probably not necessary, but it might be a nice gesture. Does he approve of/like you in general?
>>
>>35703779
No. Wait until you're recovered.
>>
Is it OK to use skim milk as a protein source ? Not the liquid that comes in carton, but raw milk, cream spooned out.

It is very very cheap around here, compared to meat and especially whey.
>>
>>35703857
If you smell that bad then the only logical content nclusion is that you and your clothes aren't clean enough.

Give up smoking, or at least chew gum or brush your teeth after. Avoid gum or mints containing sugar as that will just encourage decay and make your breath worse. Practice good dental hygiene.
>>
>>35706035
>Raw milk
That is the best milk you can get, anon. I envy you. Enjoy.
>>
>>35703933
A bit of both amigo.
>>
how much is it feasible to cut in a month if you're 16% bodyfat?
>>
>>35704004
No, neither. Because cheats never win.
>>
>>35704425
Yes.
>>
File: 210116.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
210116.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
>180cm
>68kg
why does it have to be me? im down from 100kg and still fat
thats bullshit
>>
>>35704555
Green and leafy vegetables are so calorie sparse i'd personally be tempted to not count. Depends on how strict you want to be.
>>
>>35704644
Sounds like a trapped nerve.
>>
Where do you go to buy weight lifting shoes?

Doesn't seem to be any sold in the shops near me. Am I going to have to risk buying online and them not fitting?
>>
>>35704666
You cant. He can only motivate himself in the long term. Motivation is usually strongest when its tied to a concrete goal though. Does he have a reason for wanting to get fit?
>>
>>35703857
shave your armpit hair, i noticed that when my armpithair gets too long it stinks no matter how much i wash it

if that doesnt help just shave everything, particularly your pubes
>>
>>35704784
Sure, here it is.

Jump 1xF.

Enjoy!
>>
>>35706105
probably not training properly
you look like youve managed to build literally 0 muscle
>>
>>35706105
You have no muscle underneath the fat, that's why. Time to start lifting.
>why does it have to be me?
You did this to yourself, mate
>>
Are cold showers beneficial?
>>
>>35706245
>>35706233
so should i say fuck it and bulk anyway?
i lost the 35 kg 3 years ago and havent been working out or lost wieght since then. so ye i have 0 muscle, but i also had 0 muscle when i was working out.
>>
>>35706273
wtf bulking? just lift you fucktard. Noob gains will come at maintenance. If you got no muscle when working out you didn't work out. You're not a magic unicorn so you've obviously overerstimated the work you did.
>>
>>35706105
are you a boy or a girl?
>>
>>35704999
No.
>>
>>35705576
Its fine.
>>
File: 1452154072872.jpg (100KB, 731x319px) Image search: [Google]
1452154072872.jpg
100KB, 731x319px
>>35705576
>only 4-5 eggs a day
not gonna make it
>>
>>35706250
Yes, you save on fuel bills.
>>
I'm currently cutting with good results. I'm prescribed adderall so my appetite is non-existent for most of the day. I've been doing about 75 minutes of liit a day and soon will be incorporating some lifting. I'm concerned that I am losing weight too fast, I've lost 15 pounds in the past two weeks (started working out consistently 2 weeks ago). Is this cause for concern or was a lot of that water weight (i've upped my water intake a lot the past 2 weeks). I'm 6'0, down to 215 from 230, would like to get down to 180. Is it safe to continue losing 5 pounds a week, am I at risk for loose skin, what are the negative effects of continuing to lose weight at this rate?

I've also been cutting back on cigarettes, did a little research and found that success rates for quitting are much higher if you reduce the frequency of cigarettes per day down to 0 rather than going cold turkey. Just curios if anyone knows how smoking affects cardio and weight lifting for further motivation to continue quitting??

Thanks for any advice or answers /fit
>>
better to increase reps at normal weight, or fail by a few reps at higher weight?
>>
>>35706364
pretty sure smoking kills gains
at any rate, not destroying your lungs will enable you to work out harder and longer
good luck anon
>>
>>35706441
>pretty sure smoking kills gains

post study

"my gut" doesn't count
>>
>>35706425
more reps is better for endurance and stamina, more weight is better for building muscle volume.
>>
>>35706449
thats why I said "pretty sure" instead of 100% anon
its just my intuition as a bio-engineering student
it seems pretty clear that the lack of appetite and reduce in lung function associated with smoking alone would impact someone's ability to make gains
i tried to find some research for you and it seems there hasn't been done much unfortunately, i did find this
http://nocamels.com/2015/01/smoking-weight-gain-muscle/
but it doesnt link to the actual study
>>
>>35706155
Yeah I narrowed it down to trapped nerve and herniated disc.
But I display all the symptoms for herniated disc.

How do I fix a trapped nerve? It's been like this for 6+ weeks
>>
>>35706983
>6+ weeks
go see a doctor idiot
>>
Is walking about 6k - 10k considered lightly active or no?
>>
I haven't worked out in 1 week, is it true that I should just give up now, according to my cousin?
>>
>>35709185
why are you walking?
unless you are morbidly obese, it is literally a waste of time
and if you are, your diet is much more important than your activity level
>>
>>35709194
>asking whether you should give up
not gonna make it
>>
can you bulk by only eating the protein your body needs? (working out obviously)
>>
>>35709208
Cause I have to walk from place to place for class and work and to the bus so that's why I asked
>>
>>35709248
it should not replace any of your normal workout if thats what you're asking
>>
Is HIIT the only cardio that will burn fat decently or will regular jogging do the trick
>>
>>35709267
No its not, I'm just asking whether it would be considered a lightly active or not since I have to walk more than usual
>>
>>35709240
>didn't read the sticky
read the fucking sticky
>>
>>35709274
Both will depending on your diet and eating times
>>
>>35709291
i guess? it really depends in what context/for what reason, which is why you should tell us why you want to know
walking is pretty much the most minimal amount of activity you can do while still being considered an activity
>>
Is there a program that has a high OHP frequency that excludes the bench press?
>>
>>35709360
So there wouldn't be a point to log that in to app right? Just focus on my calorie intake instead?
>>
>>35709375
Yes it's called Anon's modified program
>>
>>35709522
if the app has a preset for walking that accurately reflects the calories burned by walking you can log it, but its not gonna be a significant amount
but yes you should focus on your calorie intake
>>
>>35709554
Alright thanks
>>
>>35702149
what type of diet should I start on? I'm relativly new to lifting and pretty skinnyfat, around 5'11" and ~180 pounds
>>
>>35710420
just eat at a caloric surplus and make sure you get enough protein
dont worry about dropping bf until youve made some gains
>>
>>35710604
yeah, the thing is I figured I could get noob gains while cutting to like ~10% bodyfat. Unless I'm too light for that to happen or something
>>
What does TDEE mean and what does it do
>>
>>35710705
Total daily energy expenditure, it's the number of calories you burn daily.
>>
>>35710680
if your goal is aesthetics then sure, you could do that too
dont cut too extremely though
>>
>>35710721
Ok well I did the calculator and it said 2095. What does that entail in terms of me kissing weight
>>
>>35702149
How often should I be adding weight? If i do it too fast I usually end up having to go back. I'm past new gains, btw, I can usually add 5lb a month to each barbell lift, every other month for dumbbell
>>
>>35710732
*losing
>>
>>35710731
Yeah, I figured I'd try that to look cut for the summer then try bulking in the fall/winter
>>
>>35702149
should I lock out when doing curl exercises? (specifically bicep and preacher curls)
Also I get pain in my arms after a tricep workout and have a hard time fully extending my arms. is that due to locking out?
>>
>>35706194
Bamp for intrest.
>>
>>35703433
Is that start to the press correct? Seems like a lot of layback. Will starting more upright than this hurt my lifts or fuck me up?
>>
>>35706194
Some brands run small, some run big. I bought my AdiPowers a 1/2 size smaller than my running shoe and they fit great.
>>
>>35704766
>>35706210
I just want a gym buddy, not much personal resolutión from him
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1453424877911-1.jpg (423KB, 2560x790px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1453424877911-1.jpg
423KB, 2560x790px
What do these numbers mean?
>>
Kyxkzktx
>>
Kztosotsktz
>>
File: 1433431849516.jpg (87KB, 604x489px) Image search: [Google]
1433431849516.jpg
87KB, 604x489px
I can only row about 70lbs. However, the bumper plates for our olympic bar only start at 45lbs, which would put the total at 135lb. Wat do?
>>
>>35706035
pls respond
>>
It's gonna snow like a bitch tonight and I won't be able to get to the gym tomorrow to lift, take the day off or lift tonight?
>>
Until recently whenever i do dumbbell shoulder presses my left arm kinda gives in and i get an uneasy feeling in something like a string in my shoulder. Am i fucked?
>>
How long would it take for a guy to go from skinny fat to strongman?
>>
>>35711666
the trips demand an answer! But seriously anyone got some advice for me?
>>
Is "static stretch pre-workout decreases strength" a meme? I can't find any legit sources or research but every brosite preaches it like gospel
>>
>>35711666
Lift tonight, rest tomorrow.
>>
File: 1446776395925.gif (1023KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1446776395925.gif
1023KB, 500x281px
Does /fit/ include their whey protien when counting calories/macros other then protein?
>>
File: 1438725802321.png (125KB, 521x456px) Image search: [Google]
1438725802321.png
125KB, 521x456px
I'm buying stuff to start lifting.

I have a standard bar, it's hollow iron.

I understand the ultimate goal is to move on to an olympic bar when you can handle more weight than a standard bar. So here's the question

I already have 57lbs worth of standard plates (14.3lb x 4), do I buy:

walmartcom/ip/21672519

and increase the weight I have on hand to 157lbs or

walmartcom/ip/21672513

and increase the weight to only 97lbs, but get the option of dumbbells

either way, I think my next purchase would be a standard to olympic adapter so I can start collecting olympic plates and I don't end up having to re-buy all my plates when I move up.

I max out at about five reps worth of squats with the weights I currently have.
>>
Suppose I'm poor. Can I even /fit/?

I could get me some weights I think and I suppose do cardio around the city but there is no way I'll be having access to a gym. And no fancy diet either.

How do lads?
>>
Is omega 3 any good for gains? I saw the supplements going hella cheap at my pharmacy
>>
What happens if you hit your macros but still fall short of your daily cal goals? Will you still see gains over time or will your body stay the same? I'm falling short on my carbs but I read somewhere its ok and somewhat encouraged to cut carbs.
>>
>>35712873
Yes
>>
>>35713553
If you dont have a squat/power rack dumbbells are pretty handy coz you can do dumbbell shoulder press/dumbbell squat etc and not risk dropping the bar on your head
>>
>>35713553
You should get the olympic bar as soon as possible and ditch this walmart crap. If you absolutely cannot, then ask yourself if you need the dumbells. How often would you be using them and how would they be incorporated to your current routine?
>>
File: routine 3.2.png (30KB, 924x1060px) Image search: [Google]
routine 3.2.png
30KB, 924x1060px
>>35714248
Bodyweight training and eating lots of oats/rice/chicken

Try pick up some second hand gear like barbells/dumbbells/plates

A good bodyweight split routine would go like this, using appropriate variations of the following (depending on your ability):

A: chest/triceps
>push ups
>dips

B: legs/core
>squats/deadlifts (with barbells)
>lunges/squats (bodyweight)
>leg raises/crunches

C: back/forearms/biceps
>pull ups
>chin ups
>rows

Attached is a pic of my current routine to give you an idea. Dont worry bro anything is possible even if you are heaps poor
>>
>>35714437
Thanks for the tips man.

I think I'll get me some dumbbells but mainly bodyweight will have to do. I'll go looking for a barbell too.
>>
What happened to that vitamin K guy?
>>
>>35714385
if you hit your macros, you did not fall short of your calorie goals.

if you eat less energy than you use, you might see changes in body composition with proper training (i.e increased muscle reduce fat) but you will have a net loss in body mass because of physics
>>
5'11" 240lbs nyr fag here trying to lose weight. I've been eating roughly 1200 cal a day for 3 weeks now. I'm already down a few pounds and I have a decent level of energy, but I wanted to know if this is dangerous. I thought it was just calories in calories out but now I see a bunch of people on here saying you can't go too low. What do?
>>
Constantly getting a fucken chesty cough/half a cold. Have a bit of asthma as well, which pipes up after cardio. Is my immune system kill or do i just need more ventolin?
>>
File: gems-ice-advice-logo1.jpg (10KB, 103x103px) Image search: [Google]
gems-ice-advice-logo1.jpg
10KB, 103x103px
Lazy shit for 31 years, joined gym 2 months ago, starting to make some progress

Diabetes is driving me fucking insane though.

>Check blood in morning, usually at 7 (which is fine) adjust to bring it to 7 or below if it isn't
>Head to gym at 6am
>Do bicep curls and rowing for 45m-1hr
>Check bloodsugar 10m later and it's fucking skyrocketing, typical reading is now 20-30 which is nearly hospital level
>Inject fast acting insulin and drink more water
>Intense blood sugar swings make me tired and lethargic as fuck and pain in muscles
>Blood sugar eventually goes low as fuck because of workout
>Eat sugar to compensate
>Feel lethargic and like shit again as a result

It should slowly level out over time but diabetes is a fucking cunt when you're unfit

Any tips/advice? Doctors don't know shit about being diabetic and most will tell you to eat more carbs (which is completely the wrong thing here) to compensate for a workout. I'm on my own and it sucks.
>>
I (beginner) want to lose fat and gain muscle. Scooby (and others) recommend TONS of cardio. I know that cardio burns calories (hue hue) but why not simply eat less? Is there any benefit of cardio besides burning calories and heart health?
>>
>>35715511
Ready the sticky. The main benefits of cardio are obviously cardiovascular and calorie burning. If you want to gain muscle then check Starting Strength and some good compound exercises. Either way you should be eating healthy and targeted towards your workout.

Read the sticky.
>>
File: vict.jpg (21KB, 369x484px) Image search: [Google]
vict.jpg
21KB, 369x484px
>>35715462
if type two, you can eliminate the need for insulin and other possible medication by going keto
>>
File: e4f.gif (599KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
e4f.gif
599KB, 500x358px
If I can get lean regardless of what kind of calories make up my deficit, why do people -insist- that I still can't drink soda and shit? WHat the honest fuck is the obsession?
I have a big glass of sweet tea and a shitty snack usually when I wake up, then a meal with plenty of protons and a side of veggies or some shit, then once i'm at 1500-1700 cal i fast until the next day.

Is it that I'm going to stall or something? I've gone from 26 to 19% BF without cutting my drinks.
>>
Is it possible that wrong stance/form on the squat or deadlift can cause shin splints?
Twice over the last two weeks I got them seemingly out-of-nowhere, while I did a heavy SS workout the day before.
>>
File: 1209951862007.jpg (278KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1209951862007.jpg
278KB, 1920x1200px
>>35715210
1200 isn't hugely dangerous but it's probably a lot less than you need if you're working out. Work out how much you expend per day and target to lose around 10% calories.

The most important thing is making sure you still have a varied diet and you're getting all the vitamins and minerals your body needs from your diet.

>>35712542
I never mention it on /fit/ any more because the droning masses always shit themselves, but after quite a lot of research I came to the conclusion that stretching of any kind is completely pointless. There have been plenty studies done showing it's basically worthless and the US and UK Military both spent a lot of time checking it out only to come to the conclusion that it's a waste of time.

If you're concerned about flexibility and range then adjust your workouts and include workouts targeting those dynamic/stretching tendons/muscle groups.
>>
>>35715527
Type 1, keto is a dangerous meme and should never be attempted by diabetics.
>>
>>35715462
type 1 or 2 diabetes?
>>
>>35715539
Nobody is saying you can't, people tell you you're stupid for doing it. If you're already cutting, your body is deficient in nutrients. Putting literal shit into it in this state is bad and if you were to cut out this shit with a little bit of self discipline, your results would be much better. You are just doing one thing by snorting the sodas, you're losing less weight than you easily could. Many people got raised by shitty parents who stuffed them with soda and made them fat, that's why a lot of people react allergic to it.
>>
>>35715568
Type 1 comrade
>>
>>35715527
Fellow type1 guy here. Drop down your base levels of longer effect insulin, you wont need as much when exercising. Fuck what the doctors tell you, they don't know shit, you gotta figure it out yourself, i've had this shit for 25 years now and going really hard on exercising or any dieting always requires drop on base insulin.

If you are a fat fuck i don't know how it affects you, haven't been that way for 10 years.
>>
>>35715589
the occasional high sugar won't kill you, just do your workout and take your rapid effect insulin after it, but don't overdo it, my experience is that after exercise a smaller dose can have a higher effect than normally
>>
>>35715597
I'm going on 13 years, always been fairly good with it til now.

>Drop down your base levels of longer effect insulin, you wont need as much when exercising
Wont that compound my problem of high spikes after working out?

From what I read on /r/diabetes it's because I've been a lazy shit for a while so now when I'm doing strength shit my liver is producing tons of sugar for my muscles to use and thus spiking.

As far as I can work out I should keep my basal the same, but inject fast acting AFTER working out, then eat sugar an hour later when it starts to drop.

Not a fat fuck, but out of shape til now.

Cheers btw, glad I'm not alone.
>>
>>35715626
I'd say you need to standardize your exercise and eating and adjust your base insulin accordingly and make the corrections with your fast acting.

My ex gf's mother had type1 as well and she was a fat fuck crying about low sugars if she does anything, kept eating chocolate bars on a regular basis and she needed huge amounts of insulin. Just cut it down and eat the same shit every day, you can work your way into the right amounts. I personaly don't get those huge swings on bloodsugar after workouts, but my days are pretty much the same shit over and over again so I don't really need to adjust anything. I was a fat fuck in my teens and i had those swigs as well, but i'd say it is pretty much the lifestyle and diet choices.
>>
hi guys, fat ass here. whats the best workouts for fat loss? I dont care about looking ripped, just not being a sack of human waste anymore. I already know to eat 500cal less then my TDEE.
>>
File: 1209946184165.png (500KB, 1600x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1209946184165.png
500KB, 1600x1100px
>>35715621
Makes sense, thanks.

>>35715678
Cutting it down is only going to compound my problems here, I don't see why you're suggesting this. Over time I'll naturally bring it down due to more muscle mass, but for now that still seems like a really bad idea.

My diet is pretty good and until now my bloodsugars/HbA1c have always been pretty tight/good. I was the opposite, always fit and healthy as a kid and slowly turned into a lazy shit.

Cheers guys, appreciating the relatable input.
>>
Sup, fit.

Going through starting strenght. After warm up, I currently do squats with 70kg, deadlift with 70kg, press with 35kg, bench with 50kg. About bench I know that my techinque was quite bad for a cuple of weeks and it could be better, but I'm more concerned about press. 35 fucking kilograms is half of the weight I squat with... Is this normal for begginers, or I should hit shoulders harder?
>>
>>35715794
Fellow weakling reporting in.

I squat, DL and bench a fair amount more than you, but my press is the same as yours.

So maybe I'm just an even bigger shitter at press, but I'd say it's normal.
>>
Is it too much volume for a beginner-intermediate to be doing this for one of his two alternating 3x/week full body workouts:

Front Squat 3x5
Pendlay’s 3x8
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 3x5
Dips 3x8

? Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>35715727
How much of your total daily insulin (units) is long effect base? I'm making this suggestion purely on my own experiences, my usage is quite heavily on the base insulin and not so much on the rapid acting, this works out for me but whenever I increase my activity levels I need to drop the doses or I'm screwed.

European? insulin brands you using?
>>
>>35715826
also height and bodyweight cm kg pls
>>
>>35715722
read the sticky
>>
File: oXRmvsF.jpg (116KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
oXRmvsF.jpg
116KB, 640x640px
>>35715826
>>35715829
UK. Solostar 14ml/day
5'10 and 74kg currently

I know my basal goes down slowly the fitter I am, but it tends to be gradual depending on how much I'm doing per day. Just now, like I say, I'm having a huge spike up to around 20-30 (safety/recommended is 5-7) then I usually drop a little low after 2 hours (presumably as my body replenishes/repairs my muscles).

The affects of cardio vs strength are also vastly different, where cardio means I'll drop further over the 2+ hours, strength means I'll spike higher faster. But this is anecdotal and also just my experience.
>>
Question here: when I flex my shoulders/last and hold for like 10 seconds my left hand/forearm starts to go numb. Like its falling asleep. The right arm is just fine. Is it normal or do I not know how to flex?
>>
How do I breathe while lifting?

>Scooby: Breathe normally!
>Rip: Valsalva!

Who should I trust?
>>
>>35716119
lats*
>>
>>35716127
Valsalva when doing heavy sets 3-5 reps
Breathe normal when you do 8-12 reps
>>
>>35716222
Makes sense, thanks
>>
>>35715546
bump
>>
I work in a dirty environment and need to shower daily after work. I want to go to the gym daily after work and obviously need to shower after the gym.

Does anyone have any recommended products to stop my hair and skin turning to shit from showering twice every day? It's bad enough as it is, I have to condition my hair, moisturise my parchment-dry face and use sensitive Sanex soap on my skin to not look like a dried out scarecrow.
>>
>>35715073
Thank you anon I love you.
N-no homo.
>>
cardio for beginners in bad shape (of the skinny variety)? if so how much?
>>
Is deadlifting squads and benchpress really the only 3 things I need to get ripped ?
>>
relatively new and noticing one peck all around larger than the other, should i work the small one more/harder? or just keep lifting evenly on each side?
>>
UK bro here. Where can I buy those resistance bands I see people use on YouTube all the time from warning up etc? I ordered some from Amazon but they are wider and don't stretch nearly as much
>>
Is it proper etiquite to wipe off bars after deadlift/ohp/bench/etc? Obviously you would wipe off the bench itself, but do you wipe the bar too? I would think it'd leave residue on the bar and/or make it slippy.

Help me brahs, I don't want to be a gym slob...
>>
How much carbs daily should I be takin if cutting?
>>
overhead press is very hard for me. I can only do 40 kg for 2 sets, i was not able to finish the 3rd set as i still had 2x to go..
I already went down from 45 two days ago and i still wasnt able to do a complete set.
What is most likely the case for this failure?
I'm way behind compared to my other lifts.
>>
>>35706364
You just started your cut and most people lose a lot at first because of water weight and then it eventually slows to a crawl. As mentioned in this thread, losing and gaining weight is rarely linear even if you're consistent; people often lose/gain weight in spurts. You might stay on track and lose nothing this week (or even gain a pound or two) but as long as you stay on track and readjust for your TDEE every few pounds you'll be fine.

Don't worry too much about the scale, worry about consistency and making sure you're not overdoing it. Loose skin, imo, is more a factor of your age and how much weight you lose; I lost 50 pounds at 15 and I don't have any loose skin at all but it seems like the older you get, the less likely your skin will snap back. And if you're losing like, 200 lbs, you'll probably get loose skin no matter what.
>>
>>35718622
Just hit your protein goals and stay under your calorie limit.
>>
What cardio should I add while doing SS for fat burning? I'm doing treadmill for 20min on a 5% incline at the moment. I feel that this wont last long from the heavy squats tho.
>>
>>35718176
Not a bad idea. How much depends on how much you can tolerate without it interfering with your lifting recovery.
As a rule keep cardio sessions seperate from lifting, and make sure you're making progress on both fronts. If progress stalls, you're fucking something up.

>>35718398
No. Although they're good basic exercises to build a routine around.
At the very least you'll need some more variety in your upper body exercise selection.

>>35718449
See if you can figure out why one is bigger. Could be a number of things, such as scoliosis for example.
Best solution (depending on the reason) is to include unilateral exercises such as different kinds of dumbbell presses.

>>35718577
Depends on the gym. Most will be cool if you just wipe off the benches.
At my gym everything's covered in chalk so it's not really something we worry about.

>>35718622
'bout three fiddy.
What kind of stupid question is that? You provide ZERO information about yourself and your training, you moron.

>>35718725
Providing your technique is stellar, realize that the OHP simply does not progress at the same rate as other lifts due to less total muscle involved.
I assume you're doing SS or something similar. If you want to stick to the program, you should get your hands on some ½ kg plates and use those to progress in smaller increments.
If you don't care about the program there are a number of things you can try.
>>
>>35718577
I see people wipe the bench but I've never seen anyone wipe the bar. Maybe that's just my gym but it would get slippery and that's dangerous, you know? There's always hand sanitizer dispensers outside the weights area too.
>>
>>35718846
>I assume you're doing SS
I follow the SS program indeed, and i would like to continue doing that as i have been struggling to get the forms right etc. It would be silly to just drop it at this point.
I'm fine with your answer tho. Thanks a lot anon.
>>
Can someone post that gif of that huge dude in leggings sitting down then getting up and you can see his bulge? N-no homo
>>
File: _20160122_142253.jpg (44KB, 530x399px) Image search: [Google]
_20160122_142253.jpg
44KB, 530x399px
>>35702149

If I take creatine without taking protein powder, will it have any effect on my gainz? (protein powder is expensive)
>>
Hey fit, I'm a fatass trying to lose weight. Already lost 40 pound, but I got a question for you:

I haven't lost any weight in 5 days though. In fact I've gained a small amount. This is despite eating at a deficit to my BMR and doing cardio every day on top of it. ( And body weight exercises every monday/thursday).

Up until I plateaued I was losing weight daily. 5 days ago I weighed in at 200.4 pounds. The next day it was 200.6, and it held there till today when I weighed in at 200.8.

Now, I refuse to believe this is some fatty excuse like genetics, and I know I am counting my calories right.

Which leaves me with the assumption that muscle growth from exercise has temporarily offset my weight loss (which I'm ok with) or my body is simply restructuring itself. Only other possibility I can imagine is that it's because I haven't shit in 6-7 days now. However if I had a shit that massive inside of me I think I'd be feeling discomfort.

I dunno /fit/, any idea what's going on? I should have lost at least a pound and a half by now, and I was losing nearly a pound a day since I started. What's going on here?
>>
Lol fucking twinks asking beginner questions. You're all weak in comparison to >>35718093
>>
>>35702149
Is just doing the sl compounds enough to get stronger and a bit of physique?
>176cm manlet
>69kg skinny fat
>>
>>35718937
I'm cutting aswell so don't take my word i guess but:

Don't check your weight every day. Do it once a week. It's better for your physical health.
You also need to consider mussles development and what you have in your body at different times. ( food, water, etc.)
You should really consider taking measures instead of checking weight all the time.
>>
I feel like I'm wasting my time lifting weights on a big cal deficit.
>>
>>35718906
They are independent, but ample protein intake is much more important than the supplemental effects of creatine
>>
I just took 50mg of ephedrine sulfate (38.5mg of pure ephedrine) and 200mg of caffeine and I feel exhausted. No energy, just crash. Why might this be?

>inb4 it's fake
It's Bronkaid from the pharmacy that doesn't expire until 2017.
>>
what's the best starting point for a beginner? any sources/links besides the sticky that helps with general form for deadlifts/squats etc?

i'm totally new to this.
>>
are compunds (dl,squat,ohp,rows,bench) really enough to ge stronger and a bit of aesthetics?

it seems, for me atleast, that i feel and look buffer when i'm doing isolations with DBs
>>
>>35719508
http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program
>>
is it ok to just do 3x5 OHP on SL instead of 5x5? just started with the program
>>
File: 1yes.jpg (20KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
1yes.jpg
20KB, 400x280px
>>35719553
You the best.
>>
>>35719521
Isolation exercises have their uses.

The main reason for including certain isolation exercises is if the compound exercises you're already doing don't hit the target muscle well enough i.e. other muscles used in the given compound exercise give out before the target muscle has been worked to the desired extend. For example if you're doing bench presses and have to terminate the set because your pecs and delts give out, but your triceps still have plenty of juice left in them. In that case you'd need to follow up the bench pressing with some triceps isolation to train those properly.

Another viable reason is to get some additional volume in that is easy to recover from. Let's say you want to do some more sets for your upper traps - adding 3 sets of shrugs takes much less effort than doing an additional 3 sets of deadlifting and still works the upper traps reasonably well.
As an extension of this example, you can also find yourself in a situation where you want to "spare" certain muscle groups involves in a compound exercise because they've already been hit hard or because you need them to be fresh later, but still want to hit other muscle groups you'd usually use the given compound exercise to train. For instance you may want to do more work for your quads, but you want to keep your low back fresh for deadlifts two days later; in this case squats would be out of the question but you could easily do some leg extensions (or better yet leg presses although those aren't an isolation exercise)

Just don't fall into the trap of doing isolations over compounds when you shouldn't. You need the big heavy lifts to disrupt homeostasis and kickstart adaptation.
Thread posts: 245
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.