[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does a healthy, high protein diet have to be so joyless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: chicken breast.jpg (84KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
chicken breast.jpg
84KB, 640x427px
Why does a healthy, high protein diet have to be so joyless?

Don't get me wrong, it's obviously doable and not totally unbearable, but as far as I can manage, getting enough protein without over-eating fats and carbs either involves a) sticking to a rotating handful of recipes, most of which are probably so-so and would taste better if they hadn't been modified for health purposes, or b) eating a small amount of whatever you feel like and rounding it off with a gross protein shake. And protein shakes are gross, always, because protein powder is gross. If you're clever, you can mask the grossness so that what you're drinking almost tastes like something you can pretend you enjoy, but that's about it.

I'm not saying that gorging on junk food all the time is better, that's also joyless. Hell, I'm not advocating any position at all really because I know that eating right is just something you gotta do no matter what. But can we at least acknowledge that it kinda fucking sucks? That eating a plate of the fettucine alfredo recipe you've perfected is a hundred times more satisfying than trying to find another combination of chicken breast, greek yogurt and greens that you can stand for one more week?
>>
of course it sucks you fucking idiot everything sucks but it's easier to deal with if you're stronger
>>
>>35701095
Plain protein powder tastes kinda like milk with a little cheese in it to me, don't think it's gross.
>>
File: 1448967992976.png (798KB, 736x748px) Image search: [Google]
1448967992976.png
798KB, 736x748px
>>35701110
>I'm so strong my tastebuds have stopped working!
>>
>>35701142

it's not about the taste it's about being able to deal with it
>>
>>35701095
Christ i feel the same way, god damn.

i've been pescetarian for a couple months now and i am getting tired of eating salmon, tuna, and salads. i need some ideas for new recipes but also i dont want to have to add a bunch of money to my grocery list for ingredients ill only use once or twice
>>
File: 1451534008665.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1451534008665.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Your protein really shouldn't be over 50% of calories which leaves plenty of room for fat and carbs. Prioritize protein, don't eat ONLY protein.
>>
People have this obsession with protein lately. You need maybe half a gram per pound of body weight. Olympians, who have body compositions I can only dream of, have 0.7 grams per kilo in their diets. Of course they work out 8 hours a day also so maybe not applicable.

I stopped counting calories even and the results have been great. I have one protein shake a day and then eat whatever until I'm full. I also run 7 miles 5 days a week and run 3 miles on my rest days. So maybe that has something to do with it.

Just start running dude. It doesn't kill gains. I pulled 475 deadlift last week. You know what does kill gains? Not eating.
>>
Suggest you read this
http://www.thegymherald.com/2016/01/healthy-and-best-pre-workout-foods-and.html

shredded chicken+beans+tomato sauce= god like
>>
>>35701095

Because you're not very good at cooking or nutrition, to speak truthfully comrade. If you make perfect alfredo, then eat some. Make it you weekly prize for eating right and training hard. Eating healthy stuff as your normal diet makes those special dished taste even better because you both anticipate it, and you taste will be more sensitive.

And change your healthy meals. Skip the chicken. Get some lean beef, some white fish, some shellfish if you can, or go meatless for one day a week as a challenge. Find a side you've never cooked and try different things with it. Get like squashes or aubergines, turnips of parsnips, Go to an ethnic market, buy something you've never even seen before, and figure out how to cook it. Seriously, food should never be boring. And healthy food is an even better challenge.
>>
If you need taste sensations then the jews have already won
>>
>>35701646
Stop shilling your shitty blog
>>
>>35701095
If all your pleasure in life is based on the food you eat, then why are you even trying to be swole? find a new pleasure, like being swole and shredded as fuuuck. Food should be viewed as a step towards your goals, not as some kind of source of joy. Fat people are fat because of how much they enjoy eating. You're never gonna make it with that fat people mentality bro.
>>
>>35701798
Lol this is sad, i hope most people on here don't feel the same way.

OP, the answer to your question is sauces. Experiment with all kinds of sauces. They'll probably be high in sugar and MAYBE fat if you're chowing down on some fat people sauces like mayo but a little sauce and spices can bring the joy back to your plate. And remember, I love you.
>>
>>35701798
>Fat people are fat because of how much they enjoy eating.

I've been fat my whole life. My family is fat, their friends are fat. I can say this is not true. Really fat people are eating to cover emotional problems. It's why they eat shit like pizza hut or McDs. The taste can be lousy, as long as there is a lot of it.
>>
>>35701917
mcdonalds taste good, and pizza hut taste good, why do you think people eat it
>>
>>35701934

But they are both poor quality versions of something better. There are much better pizzas, there are much better burgers. It's like going to the movies, and they are showing an Orson Wells classic, but you chose to see an Adam Sandler movie.
>>
>>35701821
I love you too bud.
>>
>>35701095
>Why does a healthy, high protein diet have to be so joyless?
learn to cook

>sticking to a rotating handful of recipes
like a person eatinh garbage has an insane variety in their diet? pizza, burgers, tacos, ice cream

>most of which are probably so-so and would taste better if they hadn't been modified for health purposes
learn to cook

>rounding it off with a gross protein shake.
have you tried getting your protein from real food?

>That eating a plate of the fettucine alfredo recipe you've perfected
So learn to cook and perfect a low calorie healthy recipe that you enjoy. They exist you know.
>>
>>35701095
Because you are shit at cooking.
>>
>>35701095
You can basically eat any meat, any beans and a list of slow digesting carbs. It's not as bad as you're making it out to be. If you're rich enough, buy sashimi grade fish and eat that.
>>
>>35701530
>actually eating carbs
It's like you don't even want to make it. Seriously.
>>
>>35701095
>And protein shakes are gross, always, because protein powder is gross

You're not making them right. Throw some milk, oats, a banana, 2 scoops of peanut butter, a scoop of chocolate whey, and about 10 ice cubes in a blender and you've got a fucking milkshake with like 60g of protein.
>>
>>35701821
>the answer to your question is sauces.

This so much. Also spices. Get a good variety of spices and you can make literally anything taste good.

Please god don't be one of those people who eats PLAIN chicken breasts or you will hate life. There are so many seasonings that you can put on them to make them taste good.
>>
>>35701934
>McDonalds taste good

heh
>>
File: 9777e5a476.jpg (19KB, 238x231px) Image search: [Google]
9777e5a476.jpg
19KB, 238x231px
>>35701934
>mcdonalds taste good
>>
>>35701095
Unless you're an endomorph, if you're cutting you can still eat carbs. I actually prefer a higher fat diet, so my ratio is 40/25/35 protein/carbs/fats.

Still pretty healthy, I get a pretty reasonable amount of fruits/veggies, I don't feel like Shit but still on a 400 calorie deficit.

The best part? It's nowhere near joyless.
>>
File: jewbies.jpg (261KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
jewbies.jpg
261KB, 960x960px
>>35701095
>healthy
What does this mean to you?
You're almost certainly not eating enough fat if you hate your diet this much.

>Chicken breast
Seasoned well and cooked in a generous amount of olive oil, most people don't have much to complain about, but I like to mix it up by using thighs at least as much as I use breasts.

>Greek Yogurt
I hope you're not buying the low-fat or fat-free kind. Just a touch of honey or fruit livens this up a ton.

>Greens
One word: bacon. The GOAT breakfast is to slice up bacon, cook it soft, then throw greens in with the bacon and turn the heat up to stir-fry the bacon and greens together. Dump that out and make your eggs in the pan once you've turned the heat down. Easy way to eat a whole day's worth of greens in one go, and you need the fat to digest them effectively anyway. If you get tired of this, you're a faggot.

Make your protein shake with plain whey, avocado and some fruit. Try to tell me it's gross once you try it.

Every heard of seafood? I would take a pound of baked, medium-rare Atlantic salmon with no oil or seasoning whatsoever over any creamy pasta dish any day of the week. Shrimp is also the ultimate gains food.
>>
LOL you guys just can't cook
>>
spice your chicken well

once i started arbitrarily throwing spice and msg at chicken it started tasting really good
>>
>>35702478
Only at second glance did I notice the file name.

>nasa discovers my sides in orbit.
>>
>>35701119
plain protein with water is exactly what you describe.

plain protein with milk is like god-tier milk fuck it just tastes so great.

source: 2.27kg of pure NZ grass fed GMO free whey protein
>>
I blend;
2 cups of kale
2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt vanilla
2 1/2 cup rice milk
1 banana
2 tablespoons peanut butter

With a blend of fruits if I have any.

I like adding blue or black berries just cause.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.