[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trophy Kids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: trophykids640.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
trophykids640.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
Would /fit/ push their kids to play competitive sports?
>>
Yes. Why would I raise a fucking loser when my kid could be an athletic champion?
>>
I would push them to play a sport, wether they do it competitively would be up them.
>>
I coach youth football.. (Don't have a kid. But only reason I would have my kid in sport at a young age is for him to have fun and for him to find new friends and socialize... Hopefully that will help him love the sport.
>>
>>35700450
>the movie

I wouldn't be surprised if some of those kids end up killing themselves or their dad.
I would've beat the piss out of those dads. My old coach was an ex Steelers TE and the team watched him choke out an overzealous dad one day at a scrimmage because the dad was talking to his son like these dads were.
>>
Yes, my son is going to be a 4x state wrestling champion in Iowa, 4x NCAA champion at Oklahoma State, and 2x Olympic champion.

Anything else and he's a fag
>>
>>35700618

Lucky that TE didn't get his head blown off.
>>
>>35700551
>this

I want them to find a sport they like and stick with it. Football, wrestling, and rugby seem like very /fit/ sports but it doesn't matter what they pick. Children who play sports tend to be active the rest of their lives anyways.
>>
My wife's son is really into basketball, no pushing required.
>>
>>35700658
So wait. If you're kid DOESN'T wrestle he's a fag?
>>
File: 1453339023212.png (174KB, 265x258px) Image search: [Google]
1453339023212.png
174KB, 265x258px
>>35701209
>not enjoying pinning another man and dominating him
I knew fit was full of fags but c'mon
>>
Nope, I pushed my kids into scouting. Most kids either get injured or just don't have what it takes to play varsity HS in any kind of decent league. Also, becoming an eagle scout gets a lot more notice from universities than sports (unless you are playing at state champion level)
>>
>>35700658
Varner?
>>
No shit. You have failed as a father otherwise.
>>
>>35700658
my son is going to tech the shit out of your son after getting back points from a saturday night ride
>>
>>35700658
What's he gonna do after college?

Pro-wrestling like Kurt Angle?
>>
File: God hates me.jpg (12KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
God hates me.jpg
12KB, 213x237px
I come from a breed of champions.
Me and my brothers were first team all-state in our sports
Dad was an All-American Linebacker
Mom was a D1 hurdler
Uncle pitched in the majors
Brothers and I were D1 athletes
My offspring will participate in competitive sports and they will dominate the competition. By God it's be in their blood to win
>>
>>35702227
>Calls himself and his family champions
>Doesn't post one thing that actually make them champions

Playing at decent level doesn't make you a champion, winning notable competitions does.
>>
100% get them into sport. Wont push them though.

I remember seeing dad's timing splits for 6 year olds at the track when I was training. It was embarrassing as fuck and the kid looked like he fucked hated life.
>>
>>35700450
Fuck yes I would.
Doesn't have to be my sport, just as long as they are pushing themselves to be better physically and mentally I'm happy.

Raising a lazy weeaboo slob would be my worst nightmare.
>>
>>35702265
You're right, I come form a breed of acceptable athletes
>>
>>35700450
Probably, I had a lot of talent (one of the fastest kids and highest jumpers at a black elementary and middle school. fastest kid when my family moved to the suburbs) but my parents were never physically fit, or particularly smart, so they always insisted i focus on my studies (tested highly gifted in elementary school, but they never gave me guidance with that either. just nebulous advice like try hard.) My siblings are all the same way. Feels weird, I know my parents did their best but I know I could have turned out a lot better with someone more skilled to guide me. Figure it's my job to fix it next time around.
>>
>>35702302
I just hope my kid doesn't come out retarded
>>
>>35702308
Fair enough, glad you admit it.
Now go and make your kid a champion m8
>>
>>35702336
If my child comes out retarded, a girl, crippled or ugly, I'm gonna sprint the fuck out of there.
>>
>>35702354
first step to greatness is being able to realize when you're wrong. My pa taught me that one
>>35702372
You've got the right idea m8
>>
>>35702381
>not just doing what the Spartans did
>>
>>35700450
My kids are going to work out and be active with me from a young age, and I'm going to encourage them to strive for the top spot in everything they decide to spend time out of their lives on. Odds are they'll be into one or more sports and take them seriously, but if they choose to focus on something else that cultivates them then I'll encourage it.

>>35701545
>Eagle Scout gets more notice from universities than sports
I'm an Eagle Scout and Vigil Honors Arrowman, and I'm here to say that's utter bullshit. If your kids are smart and pretty good at a sport, they can get recruitment consideration from elite colleges easily.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.