[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have to point your toes out on a squat? What is the purpose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: squat.jpg (27KB, 594x526px) Image search: [Google]
squat.jpg
27KB, 594x526px
Do you have to point your toes out on a squat? What is the purpose of it? Is it required? What about people who have external rotation injuries of the knee?
>>
>>35692317

You can squat lower when you do it. This thread didnt need to exist, you could have asked it in the questions that don't need their own thread thread.
>>
>>35692317
>What is the purpose of it?

it opens up the hips bringing more power from the hips abductors and glutes into the movement

>Is it required?

only if you want to get good at squating

>What about people who have external rotation injuries of the knee?

perform exercises according to your own physiology. can't squat? do box squats or leg presses instead
>>
>>35692432
>it opens up the hips bringing more power from the hips abductors and glutes into the movement
Couldn't you keep your feet parallel, but just rotate your knees out when you're low in the squat?
>>
>>35692432
I have tendinosis of the patellar tendon that bothers me when I squat but I want to be able to do it properly. I can only go to parellel too, any lower fucks with my diagnosis because when I go low like a chinese rice picker my knee externally rotates out.
>>
>>35692432
>bringing more power from the hips abductors and glutes into the movement
broscience

>>Is it required?
>only if you want to get good at squating
nope

>>35692600
The knee can't externally rotate.
You probably mean you have knee varus?
Take atleast 2 or 3 days rest between squats or deadlifts.
Do high-rep slow eccentric single leg decline squats.
Stretch quadriceps (not forcefully though).

If your hip abductors are weak, do machine hip abductions or cable hip abductions.
Also look up crab walk and lying hip abductions.
>>
>>35692490
Yeah if you want hundreds of pounds resting on your knee ligaments, go ahead
>>
>>35692490
Knee varus is just as bad as knee valgus.
You want a neutral position.
>>
>>35692648
Yeah I have a prominent valgus knee but my knee externally rotates way past my foot in the squat so thats why im asking. None of that rest shit ive had tendinosis for a few years now
>>
>>35692828
I asked if you had knee varus, and you respond with "yes, i have knee valgus".
They're different mate.

Also, once again, the knee does not externally rotate.
I assume you mean your knee goes forward over your foot, which implies greater ankle dorsiflexion.
That's not a bad thing per sé.

With rest I mean't rest from heavy knee loading, you can still do other exercises.
And this is how I manage my patellar tendinosis.
>>
>>35692880
I means to type varus my bad
>>
>>35692880
You have patellar tendinosis? Yeah it bothers me throughout the day most of the time
>>
>>35693062
bump
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.