[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low carb, high fat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1444349448023.jpg (86KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
1444349448023.jpg
86KB, 500x403px
Does anyone else here do keto/paleo. Have you ever done it long term? I love the diet, but I feel like all I do in my down time is cook.
>>
>>35691411

low carb doesn't automatically mean keto/paleo.

I'm on roids and have to eat only 100g or so complex(root vegetables, lentils) carbs or else I start retaining water.

That's only 12-15% or so carb and the rest protein/fat but it sure as hell not keto/paleo. Fuck those stupid normie-DYEL shit fads.

>taking time to cook

Sausages are dumped in the oven for 20 minutes
Soy/almond milk + casein takes 2 minutes
Meatloaf or burgers take like 10minutes prep tops
Mashed root vegetables are either readymade at the grocery or takes like 10 minutes
Lentils and other shit are readymade
Chicken, lamb, beef, pork, etc take like 5 minutes of prep and then dumped in the oven

shit ain't hard mate, stop pretending to be gordon ramsay.
>>
File: 1364789004445.png (248KB, 352x468px) Image search: [Google]
1364789004445.png
248KB, 352x468px
>>35691436
Bro even BBs eat carbs for extra gains in the gym. Why try to cut down unless youre competing next week or something? Granted 100g is still a lot but still.
>>
>>35691436

>roids
>ingests soy
>not even following the diet

Why did you respond?
>>
>>35691456

the topic was low carb you stupid shit.

low carb doesn't automatically mean keto or paleo you fat fuck.

>Granted 100g is still a lot but still.

100g is a pretty modest amount mate, some people have shitty genetics and can't handle carbs, some people take the mildest test-only cycle ever and get gyno meanwhile jay cutler eats like 800-1000g carbs alone on his off season and doesn't have water retention or bloating (aside from his face I guess, even at 6-8% bf).

Every person has different responses with macros/training volume/gear/etc.
>>
I find it's easier to maintain and cut with a little fasting and going .8 grams x per pound of bw. Some days I even go .7. I feel the amount of protein you need is highly overrated and I made gains easier like this. A moderation in carbs and fats will keep you sane and help you eat less protein. It's a cheaper and more realistic way to live, plus less digestion issues if any at all.
>>
>>35691506

I hear that. I never fees disgusting full, even if I eat a large portion, I'm not throwing back tums like skittles either. I didn't even eat crap before just brown rice and occasionally pasta. Now life is meat, veggies, sometimes fruit, and a lot of good fats. I feel great and don't wake up feeling like I need to eat a horse.
>>
File: Pm8q1Q.jpg (888KB, 2181x4514px) Image search: [Google]
Pm8q1Q.jpg
888KB, 2181x4514px
Bumb
>>
File: fitprogress1.jpg (2MB, 3054x1040px) Image search: [Google]
fitprogress1.jpg
2MB, 3054x1040px
/fit/ generally hates Keto so watch out (maybe even for good reason, but it's still pretty up in the air)

I was on Keto for 2~ years and had incredible results, I'm not trying to say I couldn't have gotten similar results with a clean regular diet but Keto made it much easier for me to understand in the beginning. I love the diet and couldn't recommend it enough for anyone that can actually make the lifestyle change. People always told me "it doesn't work" in the beginning and that I won't lose any weight. Oh well
>>
>>35691928

That's fantastic. /fit/ has a lot of misinformation and I would rather trust Dr. Perlmutter and scientific research than a bunch of roided up bulkers.
>>
>>35691411

Keto does work for dropping body fat, no doubt. It is something that should only be short term though.
>>
>>35692609

Why? Genuinely curious since 'fats are bad' is constantly being dispelled.
>>
>>35693220
Lol wut. Source please
>>
>>35693242
Not him but

http://www.diabetes-warrior.net/2015/05/17/dietitians-admit-they-were-wrong/

http://news.meta.com/2015/11/05/lowcarb/
http://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2015/05/20/sorry-seems-to-be-the-hardest-word/

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/columnists/article4449967.ece?shareToken=7dba4f3ccd918bfcc1a900e04c14f6bb

There's hundreds more but these are just some of the first few I came across.
>>
>>35693355

Not to mention the case against grains and yes, gluten is quite strong.
>>
>>35691486
>Roid rage
:^)
>>
>>35693220

Have any credible links, preferably to the websites of actual health organizations?
>>
>>35694446

Not at the moment, away from computer. The book Grain Brain is an excellent resource though.
>>
>>35694636

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/alzheimers-disease-grain-brain-or-meathead/
>>
>>35694636

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/06/problem-with-the-grain-brain-doctor.html

Doesn't sound like a good resource
>>
>>35691486
You probably smashed your monitor writing this
>>
Semi related.. Wtf are "sugar alcohols"? I see these on labels sometimes, separate from the usual three types of carbs (fiber, starch, and sugar). There seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether or not these "count" for keto purposes.
>>
>>35695805
Xylitol is a good example of sugar alcohol.
Common traits:
Tastes good, doesn't metabolize like sugars (still raises blood sugar just a little bit), gives you stomach pain and makes your shit liquid.
Try to avoid them.
>>
>>35691411
been on keto for bout 2 years with cheat days thrown in there for extreme cravings, I like making a lot of taco meat and making up taco salads to take for lunch. for easy dinners i make up a bunch of naked strips like popeyes sells and those can be eaten by themselves or cut up and on a salad. for veg i typically roast a mix of broccoli and cauliflower. i make other things periodically but i'm fine with monotony for the most part but for sweet things i sometimes make little sugar free cheesecakes in silicone cupcake molds with the crust made with pecans
>>
>>35691928
Keto isn't recommended because calories in and calories out is the mantra that mostly works most of the time if you want to lose weight.

If you're goal was to simply lose weight you could eat garbage and still lose weight.

A nutritional diet and healthy lifestyle is a different thing.
>>
>>35695805
they're sweeteners that the body for the most part can't metabolize so they're almost entirely excreted in the urine(aspartame/erythritol/sucralose/stevia) or come out your colon(sorbitol/xylitol/acefulsame potassium)
>>35695913
xylitol for most people gives less intestinal distress than alternatives but its hardly used for anything other than gum due to it having a minty taste.
>>35695969
best thing of keto is it allows you to eat less but still feel relatively full due to fat and protein taking longer to digest than carbs and plant fibres
>>
>>35691411

>Barbecued his dick for an hour

Always lose it here
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.