[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting Strength T-Rex mode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 91l1+K3sK1L.jpg (788KB, 1956x2560px) Image search: [Google]
91l1+K3sK1L.jpg
788KB, 1956x2560px
Ok /fit/...I have a friend who's been doing SS for about 7 months now. He lifted in high school but stopped to waste 5 years of his life in WoW while I continued lifting. Recently he started 'mirin and wanted to get back in shape. Now he's back at it and is seeing results everywhere BUT his biceps.

Like I said, the dude used to lift a lot so he has good form, diet, protein and macro intake, etc. so he's seeing significant gains, but he has absolutely no biceps. He's also too stubborn to do anything aside from SS.

How do I convince him to switch to something else? He wants to be aesthetic but that's not what SS is for. SS literally doesn't do anything for biceps, it just makes you better at 4 different olympic lifts.

I dunno...there's just something "off" looking about someone with a defined back, chest, legs, and triceps and then t-rex biceps. Should he just continue doing SS and throw in curls once a week or something?
>>
>>35687475
Tell him to read the fucking book nigger.
>>
>>35687521
IIRC the book has a passage where Mark says something to the effect of "You shouldn't do curls with SS...but I know you're going to anyway so here's how to do them correctly."

He doesn't want to stray from the program. I know it's his problem but it's triggering my autism.
>>
File: 1407411803230.png (542KB, 661x581px) Image search: [Google]
1407411803230.png
542KB, 661x581px
>>35687521
Both of them need to read the fucking book.

Accessories are mentioned and included in the fucking book, and as part of the program (added in after the first month or so, once the main lifts are learned). Some of them are bicep centric.

And... 7 months? Holy shit. He's had linear progression for that fucking long? Does he not know when to hop onto an intermediate routine?
>>
>>35687550
I agree 7 months is a retarded amount of time to do SS. He started from the epitome of skinnyfat zero strength WoW player, though so I guess that's his justification.
>>
>>35687475
>He's also too stubborn to do anything aside from SS

>doesnt train his biceps directly ever
>doesnt want to train it cause a book said so
>cries cause he has no biceps

lmfao
>>
I'm finishing my 4th week of SS tomorrow. I know results may vary, but where is a good place to end up strength wise? I'm only 5' 9" can I expect to be able to squat 3 plate and OHP 1 plate by the end?
>>
>>35687670
Too many factors to say what your specific weights should be, but I will say this: Once you hit a wall on SS, eat more, specifically more protein and continue for a month or so. If you still can't get past the wall, move on to an intermediate program.
>>
>>35687475
Get them to read practical programming so he can learn that you need to move on from SS if you want to achieve anything
>>
>>35687475
Weighted chin-ups are literally part of the barebones program, if your biceps don't grow from them than you're not lifting heavy enough tBh
>>
>>35689421
This. He should have added chin-ups after the first couple of months
>>
>>35687475
If he doesnt want too y u care?

Remind him that the first S stands for "Starting" and that after 6 months he should expand his routine, add isolations or assist lifts

I switched to this after 6 months of SL (which is almost the same as SS)

>bench (compound)
>row (compound)
>squat (compound)
>DB bench (assist)
>DB row (assist)
>inner forearm (iso)
>outer forearm (iso)

>OHP (compound)
>rear delt row (compound)
>Deadlift (compound)
>DB OHP (assist)
>DB rear delt row (assist)
>Bicep Curl (iso)
>Tricep extension (iso)

Compound = 3x5
Assist = 3x10
Iso = 4x10

Convince him to work towards dips and chinups which you can replace DB bench and row with, flex holds are the quickest way to building up strength for it imo
>>
>>35687475
>olypmic lifts
none of the lifts in SS are olympic
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.