[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have to point your toes out on a squat? What is the purpose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: squat.jpg (27KB, 594x526px) Image search: [Google]
squat.jpg
27KB, 594x526px
Do you have to point your toes out on a squat? What is the purpose of it? Is it required? What about people who have external rotation injuries of the knee?
>>
>>35686330
I DON'T GOT NO LEGS I CANTS DO THE SQUATS
>>
I find it incredibly hard to squat without pointing my toes out pretty far

Always worries me too but I just got up to 2pl8 and haven't gotten hurt yet
>>
I only point my toes out with a wide stance, because my femurs are long as fuck. It's literally the only way for me to squat properly.

Manlets don't have this problem typically.
>>
>>35686330
You can narrow your stance if you want. I think it affects the ROM slightly and makes it harder to balance, though.
>>
>>35686351
What if you have tendinosis in the patellar tendon and it likely is caused from improper knee tracking like my knee is externally rotated so much more when my feet are pointed out
>>
>>35686330
bump
>>
>>35686330
bump
>>
you do that so your legs get out of the way of your body

you can squat deeper with an more vertical back like this

also your knees dont travel foward as much
>>
>>35686365
Yeah pulls on your hip flexor too
>>
>>35687303
whats wrong with that?
>>
I find that if I don't point my toes out, my knees buckle inwards when I go down.
>>
>>35686396
Then you would have to not Squat with any external knee rotation aka pointing the feet out, nevertheless you should still sqwat, just go medium to close stance with feet forward, or anything else as long as it doesn't hurt, also strengthen your abductors.
>open at the taint
>>
>>35686330
Generally, its safer to squat with your feet pointed forward, but if you can squat toes out with knees over toes, then you should be fine.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.