[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FOOD. recipe general.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0581.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0581.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I see all kinds of stuff on here about lifting and routines etc. but I rarely see anyone sharing/asking for recipes. Food and eating is %40 of a good physique in my opinion. Not to mention that it makes you feel better too. Well without further ado, I'll get this rodeo started by posting some of my favorite for you fellas.

Here's how to boil eggs for you newbies. No more green eggs for you guys.
https://elanaspantry.com/how-to-boil-eggs/

Here's a recipe for those boiled eggs you just learned to cook. (I leave out the parsley and shallots. It's easier and I like the taste of the eggs better)
https://elanaspantry.com/deviled-eggs/

Not eating Brussels sprouts? How are you ever gonna make it bros?
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/67952/roasted-brussels-sprouts/

You don't call them collard people do you?
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/51803/kickin-collard-greens/

Some of the best broccoli I have ever had. I did the same shit he did and nixxed the same stuff that he did. Don't use that shitty parmesan cheese in the canister either. Get some fresh stuff and grate it on top.
http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2008/11/the_best_brocco.html

Breakfast time brothas.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/220123/black-bean-breakfast-bowl/

Some good guacamole. Now I know this isn't the healthiest thing if you eat it with chips, but that's exactly what I do lol. You can use it in other ways too, such as a replacement for just avacado, or slap some on a burger, etc.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/14231/guacamole/
>>
File: IMG_0102.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0102.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>35678783
For you guys who are never gonna make it and still eat ramen, I'll tell you how to improve it. (I know some of you are poor as fuck college guys) It won't be as good as either pic related, but it's better than normal.
1. Use exactly 2 cups of water, bring to a boil.
2. Soon as it boils, add your MSG packet and lay the brick of noodles in the water too.
3. After two minutes of your noodles cooking, dump 2 raw eggs into the water/noodle mixture and let them cook in the boiling water for about 1 more minute (you'll see it turn white as it cooks). Place one egg on one side of the pot and the other egg on the opposite side.
4. After that minute has passed, dump everything into a normal sized bowl. It will all fit if you followed step 1. You can stop there, or add a few shallots on top.
5. Let sit for about a minute or so.
Enjoy some (still cheap) ramen with more than just noodles in it.
>>
>>35678783
I like what you're trying to do anon, I really do. The problem is that here on /fit/ we don't eat things because of how they taste, but rather because of their nutritional content.
>>
File: IMG_0812.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0812.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>35678783
This is a personal recipe for chili and it is wonderful. I generally hate fuckin chili, but this is the bomb.

Ingredients:
ground beef (or whatever meat you want)
2 cans diced tomatoes
(for the meat and the tomatoes you can just decide how much chili you want to make.
1 red pepper
1 orange pepper
1 green pepper
1 jalapeno pepper
1 habanero pepper
(and any other peppers you'd like to add)
1 onion (white or red...but NOT yellow)
1 can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
3 cloves garlic
1 bottle of beer (a darker beer, the lightest ive ever used was yuengling)
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
cilantro, sour cream, chips, shredded cheese, limes, etc etc for toppings

you can make this on the stove or in the crock pot but the beginning is the same. for the crock pot I let it all sit for around 3 hours but if you use the stove, it is still best if it sits for an hour at least after you mix all the shit together.

cook your meat in a little bit of oil and add lots of chili powder, crushed red pepper, regular pepper, hot sauce, etc. Then take the meat out of the pan and cook the (chopped up) garlic, onion, and peppers for about 5-10 mins (done when they start getting see through but not mushy)

combine everything in your pot: the meat, peppers and onions, and tomatoes (with juice from only 1 can, drain the other unless you want it more soupy) For the chipotle peppers, chop them up however you can since they are so messy and try and get all the sauce in there its the best part. then add the beer until it makes the whole mixture a TINY bit more watery than you'd like. if you guys are cilantro fans i'd put some in now too.

cook it all, covered, on medium-low, stirring and tasting as needed of course. about a half hour before you want to eat, add the beans (I drain most of the juice/sauce out of the can but I don't rinse them) and let them cook with everything else and then top it with whatever you want to add and TA-DA! Delciousness.
>>
File: IMG_0826.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0826.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>35678811
You can make your healthy food taste good too anon. Don't be a downer.
>>
>>35678783
Nobody?
>>
>>35678907
I'm lurking because I can't contribute. But this is some good shit.
>>
>>35679032
As long as one person got something out of it I guess it was worth it. Just trying to show people that eating healthy doesn't mean that you eat nasty as fuck food.
>>
>>35679201
>Just trying to show people that eating healthy doesn't mean that you eat nasty as fuck food.
Does anyone actually believe this? You have to be a junk food junkie to think like that, but even a lot of the burgers here eat proper food.
>>
>>35678907
Thanks for this anon if you have more please share
>>
if you want i can dump some images of /fit aproved food
>>
>>35679357
If they include recipes
>>
>>35678803
>3. After two minutes of your noodles cooking, dump 2 raw eggs into the water/noodle mixture and let them cook in the boiling water for about 1
I dont understand. With the shell on? You cant just crack open a raw egg and toss it in there ?
>>
No offence mate but people here don't cook their own meals.

I'll tell Mum some recipes and hopefully she delivers some gains. I want to put on 10kg in the next 6 months so what should I get her to make?
>>
File: 1452334768567.jpg (110KB, 1052x747px) Image search: [Google]
1452334768567.jpg
110KB, 1052x747px
>>
I had to rethink some of my meals after being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, as I enjoy spicy foods. Turns out I can still eat spicy foods, as some spices have an anti-inflammatory effect. Some of these spices go great together with coconut-milk. Cayenne, turmeric and some other green spices mixed with coconut-milk makes for a good sauce. Serve with rice and tuna.

I also do the same thing with leftover baked potatoes, only I use garlic, curry and turmeric instead and warm it up together. I'm just figuring this stuff out, so I don't have much else to contribute. Read up on different spices, they're more important for your health than you might imagine.

http://bembu.com/healthy-spices-and-herbs
>>
File: 1453058713514.jpg (915KB, 1184x2932px) Image search: [Google]
1453058713514.jpg
915KB, 1184x2932px
>>35679416
>>
>>35678811
Jerk Off a Rat.

>quark + diced onions + salt
> potatoes
>>
Cutting anon here.

Anybody have any idea what to do with a bunch of seared chicken breasts? I usually just cook them all on one day, cut them up, and eat them as a snack because I don't know what else to do with em. Don't exactly like how they taste after a few days in the fridge either.
>>
File: 1452712981502.jpg (488KB, 800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1452712981502.jpg
488KB, 800x3000px
Yummier than it looks, that's for sure
>>
>>35681487
Recipe?

Also OP God bless, I'm making those broccoli right now!
>>
File: 1452673283571.jpg (248KB, 609x1363px) Image search: [Google]
1452673283571.jpg
248KB, 609x1363px
>>35682475
Eggs and greek yogurt mixed with spinach. I'm an idiot for not saving the proportions though....
>>
>>35682539

How do you cook it? Gimme the rundown as if I'm retarded.
>>
Here's a delicious slow cooker recipe that's simple.
1 lb cubed Chicken Breasts
1/3 lb chopped Bacon
1 small White Onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Garlic Powder
Salt (I used creole)
Pepper
2 tbsp Chipotle Sauce
Green peppers, etc

1. Place uncooked bacon pieces in the Crock-Pot. Stir bacon in among cubed chicken, onion, and seasonings. If you like, give it a light olive oil glaze. It will taste good and help keep your chicken from sticking to the pot.
2. Cook your bird on high for 3-4 hours.
3. Top with your chipotle sauce upon serving.

Calories 594
Total Fat 37.7g
Total Carbs 1.8g
Protein 56.2g
>>
>>35682678
Not that guy and I'm guessing here but I'd expect something like:
1 packet of frozen spinach
6 eggs
~250g g of greek yoghurt

Thaw the spinach but don't heat it up too much, mix with slightly beaten eggs and greek yoghurt.
Spread evenly on sheet and pop it in the oven at 200 degree Celsius until you see it's not runny anymore, yet soft enough to be rolled.
Spread creme fraiche or whatever that is (I suppose you might use greek yoghurt again aswell) on top with the salmon and then roll tightly in plastic foil.

Just guessing here though, will give it a try tomorrow and post how it went if this is still alive then
>>
>>35682678
http://www.melangery.com/2012/08/from-garden-to-table-spinach-and-basil.html

Replace light cream with greek yogurt for maximmum proton count.
>>
File: Red_quinoa.png (2MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Red_quinoa.png
2MB, 1500x1000px
Is quinoa a meme food?
>>
>>35682850
>>35682863

Thanks
>>
>>35678783

Curry is literally the simplest thing to make.

Every curry contains:
Ginger
Garlic
Curry paste/powder (just add water to the powder if it gets dry in the pan)
Chicken
Vegetables
Some sauce medium (either dairy or coconut)
And that's it.

Fry the ginger, garlic, and onion (if using) on high heat for 1-3 min to realease dem flavors, and then add curry paste/powder and mix, still on high for another minute or so. Add a little water if using powder, it tends to suck all the moisture out of the pan. You should have a thick, smelly mixture that will probably burn your eyes and/or throat a little. Thats a good sign. Turn the heat down a little (especially if your stove runs hot), throw in the chicken and let it cook for a while (the less you cook it now just means you'll have to let it simmer and cook later, again this is on preference, simmering the chicken to cook it tends to make for joocier meat). Now you can cook any veggies you want softened (i.e. mushrooms), or add them later. Turn down the heat once more and add your medium, be it yogurt or coconut. Some indian recipes call for tomato paste with the yogurt, add that now too. Stir, for god sake's dont let it burn. Let it simmer at least until the chicken is cooked, and sometime before everything is done throw in the veggies and let them wilt/cook. Serve with rice.

Onion is optional, some recipes have it and some don't, I don't notice much of a difference either way. Your preference.

Possible veggies are varied and optional: tomato, potato, carrot, eggplant, cauliflower, bok choy, mushrooms, etc. Anything rooty or hardy will do.
>>
>>35683830

Cont.

Northern Indian curries use water and yogurt/dairy products for the sauce, while Thai/South Indian people use coconut milk & cococut cream. muh geography
Red curries get their color from red peppers (i.e. chili pepper) and tomato, yellow gets its color from turmeric, and green curries from fresh herbs and green chilies. Red and yellow are more Indian, green is more thai, but theyre very loose definitions and it doesn't really matter.

If you wanna up your game marinate your chicken. For indian: coriander, lime, fenugreek, Cardamom, garam masala, etc. For thai, lime, coriander, fish sauce, ginger, green onion, soy, etc.
>>
>>35682880
If you expect it to change your entire life, yes.

If you want an alternative to rice for taste purposes or just a lower carb alternative, then no.
>>
>>35681487
>>35682475
You will need:

2 cups fresh spinach, shredded
Half a cup fresh basil
3 eggs, separated yolks from whites
2 tbsp fresh chopped dill
1 package of cream cheese like Philadelphia
zest and juice of half lemon
smoked salmon, about 6 slices
salt and pepper
butter for baking
Preheat your oven to 180*C (350*F).

Place spinach in a pot with 1 cup of water and bring it to boil, then let it boil for about two minutes. Drain the spinach, cool down with cold water, squeeze it and then shred in very small pieces (you can use blender if you have one). Mix spinach with eggs yolks, chopped basil, salt and pepper. Whisk egg whites until they’re thick and add slowly to a spinach mix.

Cover baking tray with a butter (you can leave it in a hot oven for a minute, so it will melt), then spread the spinach mixture on it and bake for about 15 minutes.

Meantime mix cream cheese with dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

When spinach roulade is ready, let it cool and then spread cream cheese mix over it, top with salmon and roll it. Cover it with a foil and refrigerate for few hours or overnight.
>>
>>35678783
Making that broc tonight, better be good or imma shit on your chest.
>>
>>35679372
Crack it mate. No shell lol. Yes you can, its a little bit runny, but it's great. I promise. It's called poaching an egg.
>>
>>35685990

>anon learns how to cook an egg
>>
Holy shit brahs, I just tried this, it totally works:

1 egg
1 scoop of protein powder

Mix, microwave

It's fucking CAKE. Literally.
>>
>>35688281
nigga that is disgusting
>>
>>35688281
thats rank as fuck
>>
Coconut shrimp soup

2 cups of coconut milk full fat
2 cups of chicken broth
1lb of shrimp
Green onion
Mushroom
Bamboo
Lemon grass
Cilantro
Ginger
Curry
Thai peppers
Lime

Mix everything together cook over low heat for an hour or so.It tastes great and is keto friendly Ive been eating it losing weight with little effort
>>
>>35685990
It ain't even runny if you let it rock for another 30 seconds.

Another thing to try is beating the eggs like you're making an omelette and stirring it in while slowly pouring, you get eggy ribbons throughout.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.