[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 44

File: ihsllhptnnm4vb7wuvgq.jpg (40KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
ihsllhptnnm4vb7wuvgq.jpg
40KB, 636x358px
Didn'the find one on the catalogue.

What's the best exercise for biceps? Arms look good from the front but I feel like my biceps are falling behind. Been doing bicep curls but I'm wondering if there's something better?
>>
>>35677354
I'm a catered university student, I have a pretty big breakfast (4 Weetabix, banana, yogurt) skip lunch and then have more or less no idea what I'm going to have for dinner due to said catering. How do I know that I'm eating enough and getting enough of the right stuff into my body?
>>
>>35677372
You ask for a food schedule. You eat your fucking meat for proteins. Add eggs to that pussy breakfast. Calculate TDEE and - JUST READ THE STICKY
>>
>>35677354
What's a safe way to get appetite up in an old person who isn't eating enough ?

Currently making them a shake of oats,peanut butter,milk and coconut oil to supplement their calories so they don't get skeleton mode unhealthy skinny.
>>
>>35677494
weed lmao
but on a serious note excercise and fresh air.
>>35677354
Different people respond differently, for me high-rep BB curls helped a bit + chinups.
>>
Can I ask for a good facial regiment?

Face is particularly dry except the nose which is oily as fuck for some reason.
>>
>>35677571
Fix diet xF
Stop touching face xF
if teenager grow up xF
>>
>>35677494
weight loss/appetite loss is a symptom for metastatic cancer. Get them checked?
>>
What do I answer with if my PT asks "what I want"?
>>
>>35677570
I'm doing chinups atm as well. Is there a way to do the curl that will hit the area more or something? I'm doing barbel curls. Wondering if a different position with a dumber would be better?
>>
>>35677757
Dumbell **
>>
File: qq.jpg (83KB, 891x960px) Image search: [Google]
qq.jpg
83KB, 891x960px
>Been lifting for 1 year
>time to begin cut
>89.3 kg (196lbs) 20% bodyfat
>3000 calories at maintenance according to online calculators
>Decide to do a 300 calorie deficit to lose 0.5 kg (1lbs) per week
>13 days later, lost 2.5kg (5.5lbs)

I lift 4 days per week and do 1 hour walks on my restdays

Am i cutting too fast? I don't want to lose any gains, my maintenance is clearly higher than the calculators say
I was thinking i might bump it up to 3000 calories
>>
>>35677814
The first period involves waterweight. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>35677629

I WANNA BE A SICK CUNT BRAH
>>
Iam very flexible and generally have good balance

But I can't go ass to grass without lifting my heels off the ground

If i go flat footed I'll fall backwards

Does this mean I won't make it?
>>
>>35677876
Stop whining and get back to work. Practice form until tears, then continue lifting.
>>
File: sand.jpg (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
sand.jpg
1MB, 3000x2000px
What can sexy strong /fit/ users tell me about sandbags? Worthy dumb/barbells replacement or a ticket to snapcity?
>>
I feel a sharp pain in my hands (The thumb area) and sometimes wrist whenever i try to lowbar squat even if i haven't taken the bar off the wrack (I keep my hands and arm straight as you are meant to, and the pain is both in open and closed grip) , i also find it extremely difficult to pull on the bar to create the bunch of muscle that you keep the bar on and when i unrack it it always feels like the bar is about to slide out of my hands and down my back
I can do highbar squat but i always feel like i am about to fall which i sometimes do and cant progress anywhere beyond 65kg, i keep trying to perfect my form but nothing changes, id prefer to be doing lowbar
>>
>>35678001
Difficult to handle. If you're looking for cheap replacements water cans can be pretty effective. Buckets of cement also works.
>>
>>35678009
The hand thing is a tendon issue. Get that looked at.
>>
>>35678001
Dont buy one, get a military duffel bag, contractor bags (trashbags..) and rubber playground pellets like ground up tires. Pellets inside the contractor bags up to desired weight, ziptie and bam there you have it
>>
What is the downward facing bench with those things you stick your legs in called?
I am pretty sure they are for some type of incline situp, which i tried recently and it was extremely easy, i literally felt nothing in my abs and only a bit in my legs even when holding a 20kg plate
I had difficulty doing the number of reps i did on the bench a couple months ago doing it normally flat on the floor and would usually feel pain and constant contraction of my abs after, did i somehow gain the abs of a god doing other workouts in those couple months or is this normal?
>>
File: 1436883825031.jpg (19KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1436883825031.jpg
19KB, 480x480px
Im cutting at the moment and am very consistent and strict on diet through the week.
Then on the weekends i get high and binge 1 day a week.
Am i still going to get leaner in the long run? will it just take longer? or is 1 binge a week too much?
Help brehs
>>
>>35677843
Thanks, ill keep doing what im doing
>>
I have been training for 2,5 months and was on a rather low-protein diet. bc I dont eat animal protein (pls no bully).

My plan is to buy gluten to make seitan because
>very high protein (legitimately 70g per 100g without water)
>very cheap

Now my plan was to consume 200 g of gluten which translates to about 400g of seitan (after adding water) every day over different meals, which would equal about 140-160g of protein (I am 200 pounds).

Together with normal food, I would hit my protein macro quite well.

Anything retarded about this plan? I heard that wheat protein is less "valuable" (amino acid profile etc) for the body, can I do something about that? Is that just bro science?

Any reason why noone else does that, considering it is dirt cheap?

Sorry if those are dumb questions but all the nutrition stuff is super confusing.
>>
>>35677757
You gotta FEEL IT niggah, try DB hammer curls, try preacher curls, try a w-bar, try high rep straight bar cheatcurls
WHATEVER FIRES YO ASS UP BOI
>>
Hai /fit/, does anyone here go to a 24/7 gym? I just recently joined one and every time I go its packed. (6am) If you go to one, whats generally a good time to go? (as in a parking spot / open equipment)
>>
I'm about to go to the gym for the first time and I'm nervous as fuck. Pls encourage me /fit/.
>>
The back of my right hamstring hurts like DOMS but I'm unsure if it's that as I haven't lifted in a month (injuries).
What could it be?
>>
Is it OK to exercise every day?
>>
>>35678374
Just go. Nobody in the gym cares about you being there. Get there, find your focus, and do what you need to do. You'll feel like a million bucks afterwards.
>>
When you do a ful body workout, are you supposed to hit each part of the body separately duing your workout or the order of exercice doesn't matter ?
+ Is it a good idea to squat, bench and deadlift during the same workout session ?
>>
Because of about 18 months of shitty training and diet I'm at 5'8 77kg, 120kg squat for 3x5 but only a 60kg bench for 3x5 (and 42.5kg ohp, 132.5kg deadlift), literal SS t-rex. I've worked up to a 130kg squat for a good few attempts at 3x5 but as I worked up from 120kg I was sacrificing depth so by 130kg I was a good inch or two above parallel. I don't want to move off SS because it's working well for my bench press and overhead press now but I don't think I can get my squat any higher on SS. Would I be able to do the texas method style training just for my squats while keeping a regular 3x5 for bench and ohp and 1x5 for deadlift because it's still working for those?
>>
I've heard conflicting info on this.
How heavy do you have to lift to make muscles grow? I've had two answers.. one is that it has to make your muscle sore, the other was that as long as it is strenuous enough to make your heart race/make you breathe heavy, it's stimulating growth
>>
>>35678545
NO everyone knows you're supposed to enter a coma every three days, exercise every day will cause eternal bleeding.
>>
>>35678374
they are going to look at you for 2 seconds to see if they know you and keep with their workout, like everyday everywhere, normal people goes to the gym to train, not to care about others
>>
>>35678077
Depends on your gym and your area. I recommend going between 2 and 4-5 at night if you can. It's always empty in my gym at that time.
>>
I only started lifting this month so I'm really bad at it and have some dumb questions. I'm halfway into this program:
http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/complete-mf-beginners-training-guide-0
and am trying to gain weight. I'm at 6'0 and 125 lbs. I don't get incredibly hungry so I have a hard time eating a lot. Would taking protein make a big difference? When would be the optimal time relative to working out that I should take protein? For others that were skinny like me, how did you put on mass? And is the program I linked good?
>>
tldr; if you can't squat, what exercises to do to compensate?

I can't get very low when I squat. I'm not sure why, but I get excruciating pain in my hip flexors at about the point i get parallel with the ground. I've been working on mobility for months, but it doesn't seem to help.

Anyways, what can I do in the meantime to compensate?
>>
>>35679150
GOMAD
in other words milk. Drink your cals. Only take protein shakes if you find it hard to meet your protein macro.
>>
Because stress anxiety and shit some weeks I don't reach the bulking goal, so my weight is going up and down always
It's like I do 1 week bulking and 1 week cutting, depends on the week
been dancing my weight for 2 weeks now, up, down, up, down

I should fix this or don't care much?
I was already somewhat athletic/skellington and I'm getting gains but feel like I'm doing it wrong and could get even more gains

I go 3 days a week for a fullbody and 5 days a week train karate
>>
>>35679253
You should manage that better. It'll kill your gains. This article explains the bulk/cut cycle pretty good.

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/skinny-fat-body-dilemma-bulk-cut
>>
>>35679025
Both are kinda wrong m8
>>
>>35678409
Dont' mess with hamstrings. Get it checked. If not gone when warmed up you've got an injury, friend.
>>
I'm a lard ass that recently decided to lose weight. Put myself on a 1200 calorie diet as that's the minimum I can find recommended by any medical source.

I've lost 30 pounds and at first everything was fine. However I've stopped shitting. I used to have a bowel movement every day, now it can be 3-4 days between bowel movements, despite eating plenty of veggies and oats for breakfast, and making sure my diet is completely clean.

Is this normal? I've never had issues with taking a shit daily.
>>
How long should it take from my groin to heal? I pulled it about a month ago and it still hurts like a bitch.
>>
>>35678053
Count your calories when you binge.
If you're eating way too much on binges you won't have progress. Newfag pls, just stop binging
>>
Is it normal to get a lot of water weight when you stop working out but keep calories maintenance level?

I had to take a 1.5 month break off lifting and I look like shit
>>
>>35679830
Cut down on carbs and sodium
>>
>>35679138
You mean in the afternoon?

I would love to go in early morning (like 2-4am) but it seems really unreasonable when you have a normal 9-5 job.
>>
Ive been cutting and lifting for a weeks and im already a skelly. What can I eat to bulk and not feel like shit? Is there any fast food you can eat that has decent macros?
>>
>>35679842
Afternoon and until 9 in the evening is the worst time at my gym. Just try out what's best for you in terms of work and crowdedness. People go in certain times of day because tha'ts when they have time for gym, and since most people do 9-5 you'll end up following that crowd unless you're being unconventional.
>>
First bulk will end soon(1 month from now). Ill start cutting again for summer. Last cut I did SL just for the form and some noob gains. What do I do now so I keep the strength I gained from the bulk? Whatever program you say it has to be 3 times a week since thats how much I paid for at my gym. Im guessing the main lifts and some accessory? Maybe like a ppl? I dont want to go from SL straight to 531 or texas methos since I wont be making much gains on a cut with them.
>>
What could i replace romanian / stiff legged deadlifts with? It's the only part of my program that i fucking hate.

I do deadlifts on friday too, but could i maybe have a light deadlift session instead? This is on a tuesday
>>
Has anyone ever had sharp hip pain that occurrs in random places and hurts in that area for 1-2 days until another area starts hurting? Kinda feels like the pain you get in your elbow that you can click away only you can't click this one away.

Been getting this for weeks and I can't work out as I make it worse.
>>
File: madeit.png (9KB, 508x207px) Image search: [Google]
madeit.png
9KB, 508x207px
Is this the definition of making it?
Fucking another guy's fiancee?
Or is this guy just a huge cuck? Well whatever the case I'm gonna turn someone into a personal cum bucket.
I've made it.
>>
How strict should my form be? Just finished working out today and I lost form/cheated the last rep or 2 of my last set. (back rounded a little on my last deadlift, had to push off my feet to get my last OHP.) Should I add more weight next time if I had to cheat my last rep?
>>
>>35679865
Eat clean bro, or you'll just end up with more fat than you want compared to muscle. Read the sticky. It has good advice on clean bulking.
>>
How do i progress with my shit tier lifts? Especially squat and bench?

Is it because my erectors and abs are weak that i cant squat that heavy? Or mobility problem because i butt wink?

5'11 @ 76kg skinny fat. Stalling for 6 months now
>>
Hey guys, quick question. Yesterday I had food poisoning and couldn't hold down any food except a few slices of toast. I threw up what felt like a gallon of water and didn't go to the gym. Well today I feel alot better and want to go to the gym. Should I do my normal routine for today? Or should I take it easy? Same question for my food intake for today. Should I eat as much as a normal bulk day with high calorie and protein intake, or just take it easy.
>>
>>35680202
I've worked out for 4 months on SS and i was stuck at 57.5kg bench 3x5 for probably a month

I changed program and after 3 weeks i've gone up to 72.5kg max

Granted i already tried deloading, but if you've tried that maybe it's time to change program
>>
>>35680227
If you can handle it go normal on both. One day won't set you back.
>>
File: adsdasads1.jpg (33KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
adsdasads1.jpg
33KB, 1000x700px
I have a small ribcage. I want to increase my chest.
How much does a ribcage influence my chest size? Could I look weird or doesn't matter?
>>
>>35677354
I have a hard time having sex with my girlfriend because of my height, are there any tallfags here who know ways around this?
>>
Newfag auschwitz mode doing SS for 1 1/2 months. Can I add more to my work out? If the gym is relatively empty it only takes me like 45 mins per workout, and 45 mins 3-4 times a week doesn't seem like a whole lot. Did xc in highschool so I'm used to training 2-4 hours a day
>>
>>35680364
>Can I add more to my work out?
yes
>>
>>35678374
When I started I benched 75 lbs in front of the recruitment chair of the fraternity I was rushing. Still got a bid. No one cares what you're doing.
>>
>>35679150
I'm 6' 135 and started at lifting at 120 a few months ago. I just eat until I feet bad and have protein shakes after my workouts, and at least two glasses of chocolate milk every meal. I'd been trying to gain weight for a long time before going to the gym but started gaining more once I actually started lifting.
>>
File: diy bath items.png (21KB, 507x264px) Image search: [Google]
diy bath items.png
21KB, 507x264px
>>35677354
Is a 5day split viable for a complete beginner or am I just wasting my time? I do Chest/Bis+Tris/Back/Shoulders/Legs with either abs or forearms every other day. Only rest day is Sunday.
>>
Is there any way I could fit in GVT in a normal routine?

So say I have a normal routine, but once of the 3 days I squat, I do 10x10 instead of 5x5. Same with bench.
>>
What is a decent balanced legs split day?
Besides squats obviously
>>
File: lowbackpain2-1.png (105KB, 238x341px) Image search: [Google]
lowbackpain2-1.png
105KB, 238x341px
I get pain in pic related area after squatting, is this from buttwink or am I gonna go to snap city? It usually goes away in a couple days
>>
File: gb.png (2MB, 1002x640px) Image search: [Google]
gb.png
2MB, 1002x640px
I'm a girl and want to build killer legs and ass, but also a nice upper body. Basically like pic related. What would be a good routine for me? Most routines I look at have only 1 leg day and I feel like that's not enough for my goals.

The ass/girl routines that are frequently posted here don't include enough upper body. I want to be balanced.
>>
>>35681179
Do texas method on maintenance.
>>
File: fog.png (304KB, 251x497px) Image search: [Google]
fog.png
304KB, 251x497px
too fat.. i know.

%bf estimnate please..
>>
will small ribcage and increase chest make me look weird?
>>
>>35681281
You've already got an answer on that. Stop spamming, little faggot.
>>
>>35681080
Dull pain that goes away with time/stretching/working out is fine
Sharp intermittent pain that can occur at any time means that your form is fucked
This applies for all muscle soreness/pain

>>35681070
Squat variation
Hamstring dominant exercise
Glute dominant exercise

>>35681056
Depends on what the "normal" routine is, can be very easy to get overwhelmed on volume depending on what you were initially doing

>>35680971
For a complete beginner keep it simple and consistent with full body workouts
Sure you "can" do a 5day split if that is what will keep you consistently working out, it's just not as time effective and flat out unnecessary

>>35680364
The book tells you how to add assistance work to the program, find it and read it

>>35680276
Ribcage matters very little compared to actual muscle development and to a smaller degree muscle insertions
I have a barrel chest and I didn't get wider when my chest grew it just filled out and I left hourglass mode
Training your chest will make your chest look better no matter what
>>
File: program.png (77KB, 1778x779px) Image search: [Google]
program.png
77KB, 1778x779px
>>35681179
You won't know what frequency is best for you until you've lifted for a while.

Here's a program I wrote for my girlfriend about a year ago and she's loved it and made awesome gains. Just ignore the comments after each lift and look online for form help. After giving it a go for a while, you can start to take away exercises you don't respond well to and add additional ones.
>>
What is the difference between OHP and shoulder press?
>>
>>35677853
Say no more senpai
>>
>>35681327
Thank you very much, you're the first to answer me in the past 3 QTDDTOThreads. I know 5 day splits aren't exactly optimal, but whenever I stay too long in the gym I noticed I got bored halfway through and didn't put in as much effort.

So the bottom line is that it's k and I'm not fucking up my proportions or anything?
>>
>>35681366
OHP refers to pressing a barbell above your head while standing up
Shoulder press is a generic term for any press done over your head with your shoulders dumbbell/barbell standing/seated
>>
>>35677354
I keep trying to use leg drive when doing lying triceps extensions/skullcrushers even if I don't want to, I just feel unstable unless I block my feet under the bench. What do?
>>
File: 1449077159867.jpg (463KB, 1024x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1449077159867.jpg
463KB, 1024x1013px
how long from when you eat before it becomes glycogen / energy?
>>
>>35681366
It's really arbitrary. Just understand that there are different movements of shoulder presses.

OHP is mostly used to refer to sitting down and pressing a barbell over your head, most gyms have a rack designed for this.

SOHP is the same movement, but standing. It's a bit more nuanced.

I consider shoulder press to be a seated or standing dumbbell shoulder press.
>>
>>35681397
People jerk off so much about what is "optimal" for a beginner
The best program for a beginner is the one they will continue to do without making excuses or concessions
As long as the split as a whole covers the full body then you're in the clear in terms of getting the most out of it compared to simple 3x a week full body programs
Also make sure that you're linearly increasing your weights for all your different exercises otherwise it's a shitty program
>>
>>35681420
Thanks
>>
File: 28_1.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
28_1.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
Will using these every now and then make my wrist stronger? Will it make my hands and fingers less limp?

My left wrist is really, really weak compared to my right. Sometimes when I carry things like plates and stuff, I can feel that I'm carrying the plates wrong with my left hand (slight pain at the wrist) compared to my right hand where it's a lot more supported throughout my arm.
>>
>>35681431
>Also make sure that you're linearly increasing your weights for all your different exercises otherwise it's a shitty program

SHIT. Been stuck at 40kg bench for about 3 chest workouts.
>>
>>35681408
Retract your scapula tightly when you first lie down and setup
This gives you a very sturdy base to do any lying pressing exercise from and your feet can then be wherever is most comfortable
Generally considered bad form to put them up onto the bench though

>>35681413
Depends on what you eat
High GI carbs: easy path to conversion, converted quickly
Low GI carbs: easy path to conversion, converted over time
Fat: moderate path to conversion, converted slower
Protein: long path to conversion, converted slower

>>35681453
They will increase your grip strength, making it easier to hold onto weight (the plate) for longer but won't make it feel any less heavy in your hand or cause less pain, doing forearm exercises will alleviate that

>>35681457
The reason simple programs are recommended because with only a few exercises to focus on it's pretty tough to not be able to keep adding weight as a beginner, the more exercises you throw in the more "work" it may seem like you're doing but you may just be running in place as it were rather than slowly climbing the mountain
Have you tried increasing your weight and failed or just stayed at 40kg because you felt comfortable with it? What does your program say about failing sets? Does it have a deloading protocol?
>>
What the fuck is the benefit of the weight lifting belt? I know it supports your lower back but for real I noticed no difference.

Also where exactly should I place it? And the thing is that it's too loose for me cause there's not enough holes. Or am I just putting it to a wrong place? I'm not skinny or anything, just female.
>>
Hi /fit/ I have really low test
I've been taking 50mg of zinc in the morning everyday for awhile now

But I was thinking of switching to ZMA

Any thoughts?
>>
>>35681548
>Have you tried increasing your weight and failed or just stayed at 40kg because you felt comfortable with it?
45kg yields 8 reps out of which I barely make it out alive, as opposed to 40kg x10reps x4sets without breaking a sweat.

>What does your program say about failing sets? Does it have a deloading protocol?
My "program" is a diehard gymbro who finally convinced me to stop being a lardass. He's been lifting for 2 years so I generally trust him.
So whenever I fail a set I just back it up 10kgs and start over without any rest time, until failure.
>>
>>35680050
bamp...
>>
>>35681568
prevents hernias
>>
>>35681568
Don't worry, you'll never move enough weight for a belt to be necessary
>>
>>35677354
Specific exercises? For biceps I do 2 sets each of concentration curls, seated (incline) dumbbell curls, and hammer curls. First set is high enough weight so that I fail on like the 6th or 7th rep. Second set is lower weight with very strict form and slower movement, getting around 8 reps.

I only do biceps once a week and am very pleased with their size and strength. But to be fair, I attribute most of my biceps gains from rock climbing and bouldering, which I do 3 days a week.
>>
>>35677571
Use acne pads before going to bed each night. Keep pillowcases clean. Use lotion to keep face moisturized.

Dry skin causes more oil to be produced.
>>
>>35681576
>Any thoughts?
Yeah. Unless you physically cannot get a boner, DO NOT worry about your goddamn test levels. Chances are it's NOT what's holding you back.
Start looking at the things you can easily control - "muh test" is highly overrated on /fit/.

Also, worrying all the time does in fact lower test levels. So there's that.
>>
I've heard visible abs means you're around 12% bf

Is this when flexing or relaxed?
>>
>>35677814
You're cutting weight at a pretty decent rate, but its nowhere near the point where I would be worried about losing significant muscle mass. Besides, weight loss is pretty steep at the beginning of cuts.
>>
>>35681684
I would agree with you but
I had bloodwork last week and I have test of 241 ng/dL
And I'm only 21
>>
>>35681684
This. If you get morning wood etc the problem is psychological.
>>
>>35678040
It's called Decline.
>>
File: Spaghetti_spiral,_2008.jpg (45KB, 440x768px) Image search: [Google]
Spaghetti_spiral,_2008.jpg
45KB, 440x768px
Does too much spaghetti cause gas? Or if you have been on off-cycle from spaghetti? (I tried keto diet, it ripped my asshole)
>>
>>35681453
It will improve grip strength (strong handshake) and make finger joints tougher.
Won't do shit for your wrist.
>>
>>35678053
Start doing intermittent fasting. This will create a nice deficit which SHOULD offset whatever surplus you ate eating on those cheat days.
>>
>>35681706
Somethong funny happened to me last year. I went on a megacut(total weight loss 30 kg) and apart from the first week I lost a steady 1,4-1,6 kg every week without changimg my diet or exercise routine apart from my runs getting a little longer and faster. I even ate more at the end actually.
>>
>>35679025
Both answers are wrong. You can get muscle growth without either of those. And you can also have both of those things and still NOT get growth.

As long as you are getting good contractions and are eating enough, you will see growth.
>>
>>35679025
It's generally assumed, that between 8 - 12 is the best rep range for hypertrophy (muscle growth).
If you're going for dem strength gains just go for a weight you can do 5 reps with.
>>
What is SS and does it really work? Or is it just a meme since i never know if they are serious or not.
>>
Could a /fit/izen in Carrollton, Georgia come and bully me and be my gym sensei? I'm a fat shit.
>>
>>35679466
diet change almost always means regularity changes
As long as you're shitting at least once or twice a week you should be fine
>>
>>35681807
Worked for me

Proportionate gains
>>
>>35679937
Glute ham raises
>>
>>35681728
I get really bad gas when I have spaghetti or pasta. So I avoid them on the weekdays. All systems go on the weekends though.
>>
>>35677354
how much is one "pl8"? Is 45lbs on each side "1pl8"? I have no idea what this plate or "pl8" shit means.
>>
>>35681397
Full body doesn't mean you have to work out for 3 hours m8, it means ditch the unnecessary isolations and focus on doing heavy compounds. Will actually save you time.
>>
>>35677814
As long as the amount you can lift doesn't go down, I figure you're fine.
>>
>>35681957
Yeah. One plate on each side is "1pl8," two on each side is "2pl8," etc etc
>>
Took a little break from /fit/ but have been again for the past 6 months or so

Just wondering,

whatever happened to mong?
>>
>>35681420
>OHP is mostly used to refer to sitting down and pressing a barbell over your head

No it's not. Standard OHP is always performed standing.
>>
>>35681957
Yes, 1 pl8 = 45 lbs (on each side) or 20 kg i believe
>>
>>35681709
Zinc or ZMA is most likely not going to fix that though
>>
>>35678053
I would shoot for zero binge, but all that really matters is your weekly calorie deficit. Calculate how many calories you ate for the total week including your binge, and see if the binge put you up over your weekly energy expenditure. If it did then you arent losing weight. You're either maintaining or gaining weight. You have to count calories no matter what, even during a binge. In fact, during a binge is the MOST important time to count calories because its the easiest time to eat over your weekly calorie deficit that you're aiming for (literally the end determiner of the amount of weight you will have lost that week.)
>>
>>35681957
People are going to call you newfag for this, but i don't care so i'll answer.
1pl8 is one 45lb plate on each side of the bar. Since i assume you are not an ameriburger, that equals about 60 kg in total with the bar
>>
>>35678374
Don't be a faggot. Get in there. Everyone in there looked like you at some point. Go.
>>
>>35679025
Just lift to the point that you are sweating, breathing heavy, AND it hurts tomorrow. That's what I do.
>>
>>35679466
I don't shit daily either, but I do have advice for you. Eat lintels. Lots of em. Once they swell up from cooking they are pretty bulky and filling for very few calories. They bulk up your shit because they are high in fiber. I'm on that 1200 calorie a day struggle too, bro. Stay strong. Drink lots of water.
>>
>>35679865
All fast food restaurants worth a damn have a nutrition facts area on their website, or you can find the nutrition facts elsewhere. Just do some head scratching and figure out what you can get off the menu without fucking up your macros for the day.
>>
>>35681254
25-30% I think. I look like you, we are gonna make it bro.
>>
>>35681995
thank you
>>
>>35682005
>>35682058
Thank you, and yes I'm new to fit (about 2 months). Been on b collecting fat and losing muscle for years. I look like Dr. Zoidberg, but i'm losing 2lbs or more each week and am on my way.
>>
File: IMG_20160119_145610.jpg (1MB, 3004x3615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160119_145610.jpg
1MB, 3004x3615px
How many calories do you think it has fit? My guess is 400. It's 95% lean beef with canned tomato products
>>
>>35682589
Depends on preparation. Could be a lot more if they used a lot of oil when cooking.
>>
File: 1431569915298.jpg (266KB, 959x959px) Image search: [Google]
1431569915298.jpg
266KB, 959x959px
How do you train rear delts ?
The obvious answer is rear delt flies, but I'm also gonna work my back isn'it ? Doesn't fit into a PPL routine for exemple
>>
File: 1429340377300.jpg (100KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1429340377300.jpg
100KB, 720x480px
So I've read to maximize growth hormone you're supposed to take some simple carbs with your post workout protein.
1) can I just cut the middleman and eat sugar instead?
2) how much of my daily protein should be after that big workout? I'm 175 lbs so I've been doing about 100g after the workout and it seems excessive
>>
>>35682715
1. Don't eat straight sugar.

2. You should eat 175g of protein a day if your goal bodyweight is 175lbs. Doesn't matter if it's right after your workout, anabolic window is a meme.
>>
>>35682698
face pulls, rear delt flies on cable / machine
>>
Hey /fit/ i wanna drop my bf but also build strength, should i eat at a surplus on lifting days and deficit on cardio days. Or should i just eat at deficit every day?
>>
File: augustus.gif (120KB, 468x351px) Image search: [Google]
augustus.gif
120KB, 468x351px
>>35677354
Alright guys, I am going through my first bulk atm
But now I got sick and cant work out for a few days
Should I continue to eat as much without training?
>>
When on a cut do I eat the difference of the extra deficit I get on a lifting day? Eg if I'm on a 300cal deficit and I burn 400 at the gym should I eat an extra 400?
>>
Perhaps the dumbest question here. When you begin a new program do you lower the weight back down and build it up again for progression? Or continue where you left off but just follow the new program?

I'm just thinking about those who use machines. On some it's easy to max out quick on weight. Thanks
>>
Does anyone have the image to the /fit/ pick up lines?
>>
>>35682831
Eat at a deficit while steadily increasing your lifts. Changing from surplus to deficit on certain days does nothing since you're just balancing it out anyways.
>>
So I have been tracking my calories through Myfitnesspal and even if I misjudged the size of my portions I'm still way below my calories intake by like 1000+. My question is: Is it going to fuck up my gains? Should I eat more?

I'm not specially hungry and I drink a lot of water. I've had 3 meals and fruits in between them. (Even a little sweet little piece of honey bread today).
>>
>>35682905
right, makes sense thanks.
>>
File: 1419397633194.jpg (477KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1419397633194.jpg
477KB, 800x1000px
>>35682877
GOTCHU senpai
>>
>>35682915
yes it will
eat more you fag
>>
I have a lump under the top right quarter of my right nipple, not the whole thing and the other nipple is normal. Is it gyno? If it is how do I stop it from getting worse
I'm 21
>>
>>35682941
I forgot to say that I'm not a hungry skelly. I'm currently fat. But I've been lifting seriously for 4 months now and I do like the way I'm progressing. I already lost most of my gut but there is still a long way to go.
>>
>>35677354
Just started stronglifts but doing 3x5 instead of 5x5 because ptw says 3x5 is more optimal.
However just starting my third week and failling already is this normal?

Stats
M/27/60kg/5'10
Squat 60kg 3x5
Bench 50kg 5/5/3 failed third set
Ohp 35kg 5/5/4
Row 57.5kg 3x5
Deads 72.5 1x5

Ohp i believe may be form.
>>
>>35682995
whats your TDEE? if youre a fat it should be around 2000-2300 kcal depending on height
>>
What are the best lifts for giving me the strength and endurance for carrying a heavy backpack every day?
>>
>>35683024
2630, I currently am at 1430 and I just had dinner.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 480x480px
>>35682698
Doing the odd accessory outside of your main programme a problem for you?
>>
when people say, for example, 'i want to be able to bench 2 plate' do they mean for reps or as a one rep max?
>>
>>35683070
what the fuck do you eat
i hope youre not like that guy who thought you dont have to eat when you do GOMAD
>>
>>35683102
Today was a pretty average day desu.
Had a tuna sandwich in the morning, a bowl of lentils with a little meat, a banana and a little honey bread for snacks and another bowl of lentils for dinner.
>>
>>35677354
why aren't pull ups getting easier?

i can only do 3 sets of 6 reps, unweighted, before failing. i weigh 210lbs. i've been doing them for weeks, 3x a week, and i've not improved at all.

is it bad form? do i need to change the frequency? change the number of sets or reps?
>>
>>35683088
I always assume 5 reps but that's just me. 1RM is fucking dumb.
>>
>>35683140
that's what i thought as well, just wasn't sure.
>>
To prevent oily face and acne, should I take a hot shower to open pores then near the end turn it ice cold for a minute? Or should I take cool shower and gradually decrease the temperature every minute then blast it ice cold near the end?

What will be the most effective in preventing chest, back and face acne?
>>
>>35683186
accutane

dont delay
>>
>>35683133
you should eat more than that, something like that is probably adequate for a woman, try different foods and eat more meat
>>
>>35683258
>>35683186
this or benzoyl peroxide
>>
>>35683186
Try changing pillowcases every second night. One night on one side, one night on another. Also wash your face with water only. Worked for me - reduced it at least. Still doing it. So far so good.
Hot/cold water - not the best idea, might even help acne, because skin gets sort of "shock".
There were plenty of pics from 4chan on reducing acne, don't have em tho, try searching.
>>35683258
Shit's really dangerous
>>
>>35683323
I usually eat a lot of chicken breast with a random carb and veggies but today is rest day so I didnt go as heavy on the protein. Plus I really wanted to eat lentils. I'm not really hungry right now but if thats gonna fuck up my gains I can try and get something else to eat I guess. Should I keep the deficit 500? Either way, thanks anon.
>>
>>35683137
Do 3 sets of 3 reps, dead hang each rep, high as possible pull.
Then do 3 sets of 5 reps chin-ups, dead hang each rep, high as possible pull.
Next workout take a 1kg db and hold it between your feet, do the workout.
Next time a 2kg, next a 3, a 4, a 5.

Now do 3sets of 5 reps pull-ups. First set with 1kg, second set with 2kg, third with 3kg. Then do your chins with a 5kg.

Then make it 4x5 then 5x5 and progressively work to using 5kg all round. Always dead hand, high pull. Last rep hold and slow descend.

Then alternate workout no additional weight but do more reps each set, and weighted progressing the weights you use up to 10kg as you feel the weight you're using become less heavy.

Should be able to get to sets of 10 unweighted pretty fast. But don't stop there.

The problem has probably been no progressive overload. If you do the same thing you will only be able to do the same thing. There are myriad alterations you can make to a workout to make better gains from it - more reps/sets, more/less weight, slower reps, faster reps, paused reps, working just part of the ROM etc.

To,dr: change your shit up, do it differently, reps/sets, add weight.
>>
>>35683391
yeah, keep the deficit, and dont really go down on calories in rest days, because if there's 4 rest days thats alot of calories lost over a week
>>
Is it acceptable to eat processed high-calorie food if I'm having trouble meeting my calorie intake for the day? I am trying to eat reasonably healthy shit like vegetables, sweet potatoes, fish, etc on a regular basis but I'm losing weight.
>>
>>35683558
Its fine.

I mean try not to, but if you are going to be under, and want to gobble a twinky. Gobble away.
>>
>>35683355
Not worth it.
>>35683361
Its not really dangerous, only for a few people and your derm should start you on a low dose and also require a blood test. People who have very bad experiences with it, write about it all over the internet. People who use it, have a decent time and it cures their acne, don't post about. But theyre much more numerous.
>>
>>35683075
No I just don't wanna do anything counterproductive, like hitting my back 4 times a week. Guess I'll be fine with just flies.
>>
Can someone tell me how you're meant to feel after deadlifting? I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly because the pain/soreness in my lower back is more intense than any post-workout effects I get from other compounds or body parts. Even when leg day fucks up my legs it's still pleasurable and comfy to get into bed. After deadlifting, I feel uncomfortable in any position, even lying down.

Is this because I've only recently started deadlifting? I don't think it's my form because I my back does not arch.
>>
I'm a gross flabby fat fuck, can I start lifting and not be flabby after a while or do I need to lose weight first for it to be worthwile?
>>
I've had to split my Tuesday workout into two sessions for the last 2 weeks. I start out with deads, but I have a medical condition that makes it difficult to keep my blood pressure up, so after deads it drops pretty low, and I feel like shit. I am usually able to do two or three more of the seven exercises I have planned for the day, but then I have to stop and rest for a while to let my blood pressure return to normal. For the past two weeks I've made a second trip to the gym to finish the workout later in the evening.

Am I negatively impacting my progress by splitting it up like that, or is it all the same as long as it gets done?
>>
>>35683831
Lift regardless. If you dramatically lose weight without lifting you're gonna look like crap.
>>
How do I make myself happy when I just want to find a person to make happy
>>
>>35677354
what does lmaoXpl8s mean?

laughing my ass off, or lifting my ass off?
>>
>>35684008
you answered your own question, cabron
>>
Why do I often start feeling sick when I'm at the gym, towards the end of my workout? Basically as I get more tired I start to feel kind of sick, and it seems to be made particularly worse after any exercise that hits my upper abs. It's not that bad but it makes me feel like I'm not ready for my next set.

Also why did no one tell me squats were gonna give me ASS STRETCH MARKS
>>
>>35683798
Most likely you're not squatting down far enough and as a result of that you are using your LB too much and straining it. Try lowering your ass towards the ground and using your legs more.
>>
>>35684346
Everyone has booty stretch marks. I've banged a few fit chicks with righteous dumpsters and they all had stretch marks. Albeit not noticeably prominent but if you looked for em you'd find em.

Also just moisturize daily or bidaily and they'll fade.
>>
>>35684468
>Also just moisturize daily or bidaily and they'll fade.

Is there any time limit on that? I've had stretch marks on my lower back for like 3 years now and never knew there was anything I can do, would it still work?
>>
What is that one evil secret? No bullshit, idc if it works I just want to know what the fucking secret is ffs
>>
>>35684587
I can't say for certain. When I noticed my stretch marks I treated them asap. But if I had to make a guess I'd say every little bit helps. Better late than never.
>>
>>35684638
The fuck are you on about m8?
>>
I am 5'6 and 157lbs, and usually I do little to no activey (at least right now). How many calories should I be eating? MyFitnessPal says 1500 but S Health says 2050. Which is right?
>>
am i supposed to be drinking protein even on days when im not working out?
>>
File: no homol.jpg (34KB, 287x374px) Image search: [Google]
no homol.jpg
34KB, 287x374px
My dad has finally decided to get fit after decades of atrophy and decay. Hes 5'9 and weighs 190lbs with a massive pot-belly.

i would just put him on SS but he is 73 years old and i'm unsure if that's good for him at that age.

Do you guys have any good routines for him or does the sticky cover this?
>>
>>35684723
aT 73 you have to seriously take into account low test, long recoverys and fragile joints. + his arthritis will flare up if he lifts high reps/heavy
>>
>>35684342
Breh I can't find anybody.
>>
>>35684801
Make yourself happy, breh

or maybe get a cat
>>
>>35684587
I'm VERY susceptible to stretchmarks and I grew a ton and put on a ton of muscle after puberty -- got em in my armpits, as well as on my back horizontally from growing tall. They fade eventually and you can't notice em unless you look very closely. Nearly all big guys(for you) and even girls have em somewhere. Don't worry about it, moisturize and get some sun.
>>
>>35684696
No way to know for sure from those estimates. Pick a number in between, and eat that daily for a week. Weigh yourself consistently and track your progress. It's truly the only way.
>>
Poor squat form this morning. Dull achey pain in my upper left shoulder near my spine and in my right hip. It's not intense or stabbing, but it's definitely not normal soreness. Could I lift again on Thursday or should I take some time off?
>>
>>35677354
is this a decent workout split for a (relative) beginner?
I have some experience lifting weights but It would be nice to have a second opinion
>>
>>35685149
forgot the link
http://www.buffdudes.us/blogs/news/88178823-12-week-plan-original-edition
>>
Is SS good for woman to start adventure with lifting ? I need to know for my female friend
>>
Did SL bulking this winter. Lifts are close to 1/2/3/4 especially squats. Ill cut from march. What program to do on a cut thats 3 times a day? Im thinking 3x5 main lifts and some accessory? I shouldnt focus on adding weight since im cutting right but rather keeping the muscle I built?
>>
>>35685288
Yes. Gender doesn't matter.
>>
are back squats just a meme? should I even do them?
>>
What kind of exercises can I do at home with two 10lb, 20lb and one 30lb dumbbells?

Also, when weighing myself, should it be done in the morning or at night? Tomorrow it'll be 10 days since I started working out (was 270lbs, and maybe 264lb now?).

Thanks.
>>
>>35682836
Muscles take about three-four days to recover. Eat at surplus for that period and then eat at maintenance until you can exercise again.
>>
>>35685288
Yeah but make sure she eats sufficient protein a day and DEFINITELY don't have her dirty bulk or do GOMAD. Women will just get fat as fuck on that shit.
>>
Had my first workout yesterday, and I'm sore all over (not surprisingly). Should I work out tomorrow even though I'm sore, or wait?
>>
>>35682859
If you want to keep the rate at which you cut consistent - yes. However be careful about predictions around how much you burn - generally treadmills and the like overestimate by a factor of two or three because it also accounts for your BMR.
>>
sore/tense back after deadlifts, lingers into nights.

doesnt really hurt, almost feels good. not necessarily a new lifter but this always happens. I guess what Im asking is: Am I omw to snap city or is this normal? Im one of two guys in my gym who deadlift so cant really ask anyone. I think my form is decent.
>>
>>35686231
depends on routine.

if its your first workout d give it a day tho. youll still be sore the day after that but generally working through the soreness helps speed up recovery
>>
>>35686188
weigh in the morning. google the rest.
>>
Hello guys, ive been doing a PHUL for the past 2-3 months but last night as I was walking back from the gym i passed a white knight attacking some guy for yelling at his gf. I ran over to stop them both and ended up picking them up using my lower back as the pivot point. I didnt notice till after but it start to hurt an insane amount
To top it off i also rolled my ankle dropping the valiant knight.

Now i know im fat and should cut, but i am 25 pounds from 3 plates. What routine should i switch to that will get me there is 4 days a week and will build my upper body ?

Tl;dr
>4 day + routine
>no back or legs
>quick bench progress
>upper body hypertophy

Thank you cucks
>>
File: uCh1B3u.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
uCh1B3u.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>35686519
>[CURRENT YEAR]
>dropping your weights
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452366133341.jpg (13KB, 367x390px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452366133341.jpg
13KB, 367x390px
>>35686553
>>
>>35686553
>not doing grip strength exercises to failure with two skinny fat dyels
>>
>>35686231
Read the sticky
>inb4 hurr durr
Your question is covered
Feel free to follow up

>>35686454
Post form check
Stretch hammies, hips and quads
Stretch everything

When I have lower back pain, it's typically because of tight hamstrings (common) or hip flexors (muh APT)

>>35685995
Do them

>>35685572
Stick with SL or move to intermediate, even with a cut
Keep strength up

>>35685288
Yes, it's excellent
Make sure to read the fucking book

>>35685030
Foam roll and stretch
Listen to your body. As the sticky says, soreness is fine, pain is not good

>>35684700
You don't need to 'drink protein' ever
Have a good diet, hit your calorie/macro targets every day

>>35684326
It's an old meme about lifting a certain amount of weight
The system used is basically american plates of 45 lb each (~20 kg)
So 135 lb = lmao1plate
225 lb = lmao2plate
etc

>>35684008
You shouldn't need someone else to make you happy. Change this
There's only one person you're guaranteed to spend your whole life with, start to finish.

Everything else will follow

>>35683798
Work on 'loading' your hamstrings. Plenty of videos about deadlifting that have focus on this
May want to practice with stiff legged deads to get the feeling right
Hinge your hips and sit back. The bar should be the only thing keeping you from falling backwards

Should post form check. It's amazing how many people jump right into lifts without seeking any instruction and end up doing retarded things like letting the bar stray out away from their shins

>>35683033
The best way to get good at doing something is to practice doing it

>>35682949
Breast cancer
I'm so sorry anon

>>35682870
>reading this question
>hands go to keyboard
>"machines"
Nope
>>
Does fapping before a workout steal gains?
>>
File: 1452069557414.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1452069557414.gif
1MB, 300x169px
I'll preface this by saying I'm completely new.

With how much water do you dilute your WPI with /fit/?

I've just ordered some from a company here in australia and they suggest mixing a scoop (about 30g) with 250-300ml of water which I thing is to little water. I would have though 500-600ml which is a shakerbottles worth. Also how many scoops do you do a day?
>>
>>35686707
Read the sticky
>WPI
Just call it whey or protein
>how much water
However much you want to make it taste OK. Are you scared of drinking too much water?
>how many scoops
Memes aside, take whatever you need to meet your calorie/macro goals. Ideally, you don't need any (and get your protein from real food sources)

>>35686663
It'll sap some energy, like doing cardio before lifting
Wait til after
>>
I need help

How do I stop having diarrhea when bulking?
>>
File: sad swole.jpg (77KB, 1052x654px) Image search: [Google]
sad swole.jpg
77KB, 1052x654px
I'm pretty sure I'm fucking up my back on squats. My lower back hurts more than my legs after I squat. I think it might be from my lean. Any tips? Should I get a weight belt?

inb4 tighten your core; how the fuck do I do that?
>>
Starting Stronglifts 5x5. I squatted heavy on Sunday, sore as fuck still. Supposed to squat heavy again tonight, how?? Should I drop the weight down a little bit or really keep trying for new maxes each day?
>>
Why did i feel like i was going to puke after my work out
>>
Hey guys its about 3weeks into doing starting strength. Today I was able to move up a weight set for squat and deadlift. Sadly none of my upper body workouts, over-head press and bench, were able to progress recently. Is there a reason for this and what can i do so I can progress further?Also during the deadlift my grib gave out on the last two reps
>>
>>35687148
If it's just doms, work through it.
>>
>>35687093
>Look up posture videos
>Look up form videos
>Stretch before and after lifting
>Get better lifting shoes/don't wear shoes when lifting
>Practice form with lower weight
>Ask somebody at the gym who knows what they're doing to help you
>>
File: 1452043270385.jpg (64KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452043270385.jpg
64KB, 640x720px
What should I be looking for when selecting a fish oil tablet /fit/? what ones do you recommend?
>>
60% of my daily calories (1600-1800 per day) are coming from protein. Do I need to do anything else special when doing this? Drink extra water? Take multis? Make sure I am getting quality fats? I know 0 ab nutrition pls no bully.
>>
>>35677571
going to add to this for posterity.

get a moisturizer, use that. never touch your skin for any reason. try to avoid having anything touch it ever, for that matter. shave often, with a 2 or 3 blade razor. try never to wash more than once a day. change your pillowcase every day like the other anon said. dont stay in the cold too long, dont let cold wind hit it.
>>
File: 922073615.jpg (201KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
922073615.jpg
201KB, 800x534px
Can someone red pill me on creatine? Is it a meme supplement? I'm looking at Micronized Creatine since it gives less bloat and is gentler on my weak-ass stomach. The one from MuscleTech looks like a legit value on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IUHNCIW?redirect=true&ref_=s9_cartx_gw_g121_i3_r#customerReviews
>>
>>35687093
You're probably doing bent knee good mornings instead of squats. Do you feel the weight going onto your toes? Leaning too far forward, ass not far back enough. Had a similar problem. Got fixed when I was learning to clean of all things. If you can get a decent coach for 15 minutes it will help more than days of watching form videos.
>>
>>35687607
Did you even read the sticky? It's one of the most proven (probably only behind protein powder) legal supplements on the market.
>>
>>35687530
I recommend the Premiumâ„¢ Fish Oilâ„¢ Caps for Overdrive Performanceâ„¢
>>
What am I supposed to do about calories lost in the gym? My maintenance is roughly 2600 calories but should I be eating a little more to compensate for calories lost in the (that I can't even quantify)? I'm not trying to bulk atm btw, i just want to know if i eat 2600 calories a day or eat a little more to compensate.
>>
Okay so I just got back from my first time at the gym. I did squats, benchpress and barbell rows. 45lb, 45lb and 65lb

I literally think I broke my ass or something because it hurts, is that normal? Also when I left and went down the stairs I almost fell down because my legs immediately buckled quickly.

Also I couldn't do the barbell rows, like don't get me wrong squats and bench press were kicking my butt and I was struggling with them.

But I couldn't lift the 65lb barbell rows. Like literally, I managed to pull them really really slowly and not even complete them. Couldn't finish the set, am I just super weak? What should I do?
>>
>>35687665
>should I be eating a little more to compensate for calories lost
Yes. However as you've already realized your TDEE varies a lot from day to day especially if you're training. You either try to find an average and run with that throughout the week or you eat a little less on offdays and more on training days.
Counting calories is NOT an exact science - far from it, and there are other reasons for this as well. But it's still immensely better than just guessing and eye-balling.
You pretty much just have to pick a number and go with it, and keep check your bodyweight regularly to see how it changes, and act accordingly.

>>35687667
>am I just super weak?
Sounds like it. Although don't worry about that - many, many people are when they first start out. I was too when I started lifting some 5-6 years ago. Truth be told I'm just not built for this. Every once in a while I see people come in an reach my level in just a year's time. That's just how it is. I'm still way stronger and better looking than the average person though. It's all about perseverance and consistency.
It's not your starting point that matters - it's where you end up.

Start with the empty barbell if you have to. Don't compromise technique in the beginning, as some really important motor learning is taking place for you that you don't want to mess up. Just be patient. Slow and steady wins the race.
>>
Lever or prong belt?
>>
>>35687641
No. I ain't got time to read!
>>
File: best girl.jpg (36KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
36KB, 405x405px
>>35687652
Just tell me what's good nigger
>>
>>35687771
I'm the guy who asked about eating calories to compensate for gym work. Just wanted to drop a thank you your way. I think this will help me.
>>
>carry most of my fat in my gut with big love handles
>work out for 6 months
>legs and arms are almost chickeny
>gut has barely changed

what the fuck is this bullshit? I'm 25 pounds down and starting to look more and more like a fucking mister potato head
>>
File: ithurtscoach.jpg (35KB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
ithurtscoach.jpg
35KB, 400x223px
>>35687325
But....it hurts, coach
>>
What rep range should I be working with to preserve the most muscle on a cut?

Right now I'm doing PPLPPLx and keeping most lifts in the 8-12 rep range.
>>
I just started lifting

I do a six day split, working on different muscle groups twice a week, ABCABCx

A is chest/shoulders/triceps, B is legs, and C is Biceps and back.

does it matter if I change it to have A still be chest/shoulders/triceps, but then change B to Biceps/back and C to legs starting on a fresh week?
>>
>>35684723
>73
>unfit
I would say that weight lifting is counterproductive here (bc joints and weak musculature--> more likely to get injured)

I would recommend swimming as it does not hit the joints and is best cardio
>>
>>35687771

Can you squat 2 days in a row? I don't think I can do it again tomorrow
>>
Started losing weight for a lot of reasons, but partially because of neck/back pain. It's been a few weeks and my back pain's persisted, even gotten worse. Should I go to a doctor about it or wait a little while more?
>>
Bought some cheap protein powder last week but I just read the label and found out it's soy protein. Is soy protein okay to use or should I just throw it out now? Will the estrogen fuck me up?
>>
File: 71083.png (509KB, 432x576px) Image search: [Google]
71083.png
509KB, 432x576px
Hey guys, I started intermittent fasting 2 days ago, it's more efficient to me, my question is
Does it get easier to not eat until noon everyday? It isn't that hard right now, but my stomach growls loudly, and I feel a little hungry @ like 10.
>>
>>35688190

Yes it's no problem
Just eat and sleep and you can train pretty frequently
>>
>>35688105
Probably doesn't matter.

Now I wanna know if you made your own split or if you're following a program. If you made your own, you're better off ditching it for something that's known to be effective. Read the sticky and use Google
>>
>>35688317
I use caffeine to curb my appetite, last hour usually still sucks, but you get used to being hungry
>>
>>35688333
>Yes it's no problem

Fuck but my ass hurts
>>
How does lifting my right leg up help me get the left side of the bar up on bench?
>>
Newish to lifting, just doing things I can do at home, dumbells and push ups, that kind of thing. I've hit the end of my Noobgains, made quick progress but that has pretty much stopped for now. I'm looking at starting a cut/bulk cycle. I'm currently 105kg and 6'2'' looking to cut down to a suitable weight then start trying to progress my lifts again and bulking. How much weight should I look to drop? Down to 80k? 90kg? 70kg? Lower? I don't really know what I should aim for.
>>
How much does a barbell weigh?
>>
I do static stretches after every workout, should I be doing it on rest days or even multiple times a day too?
>>
>>35688410
45lbs for a "standard' ie the long one
15-24lb for an ez-curl bar

Ez-curl bars can really run the gammut. Also, some gyms have smaller 25lb long barbells
>>
I have a fairly small room in a tiny ass apartment that I share with a friend. Other than Dumbells are there anything work picking up that I can use in, well, a small bedroom without needing much free space.
>>
>>35688294
Stop doing any lifts that puts stress on your back for now if you're doin em, like squats, deads and shoulder press. Maybe stop all lifting.

And yeah you should see a doctor before it becomes a serious problem.

Seen way too many people wait about seeing a doc about a problem and they end up worse off than they could've been if they went sooner.
>>
>>35681080
I get the same thing.
What worked for me was keeping my back more vertical rather than leaning forward. High bar is the only one I can do without pain.
Drop the weight so you can do 12 reps a set. See if that works
>>
>>35688365
Aight, I forgot about using coffee, I'll drink some tomorrow, thanks man
>>
>>35677354
decline db curls.
>>
>>35687607
Pic reminded me of Sparrow, does she still come here?
>>
>>35682949
one sided gyno
welcome to the club

you should get it checked out though. could be cancer
>>
File: index.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>35688453
Pul-up bar if your doorway is wide enough. Get some small plates (10, 25) to to add weight to things like planks.

Also, you'll probably want something to make into a bench, if not an actually bench that you can fold up when not in use.

Or you can just take it outside. Pic related.
>>
>>35688453
Ab wheel, jump rope, resistance bands if you're into them, yoga mat(?),
>>
>>35688504
>does she still come here
From time to time she'll trip in a thread.
>>
File: 1341201312478.png (43KB, 249x230px) Image search: [Google]
1341201312478.png
43KB, 249x230px
>>35688428

Wait it's not 15? So the whole time I thought I was squatting 45 pounds it was actually 65?
>>
>>35688518
I'll have to consider a pull up bar, problem is the door is flush against the corner of the room unsure if that might cause problems with space.

No outside to use unfortunately, but I might be able to get a small bench in if they do make ones that fold up or are at least a bit more compact, that would allow me to do a lot more I think, at the moment I'm just kind of doing Curls, Hammercurls, Dumbell Squats and Bent-over Rows as well as a Pushups when the thread rolls around and I feel like something different.

On a completley unrelated note, I noticed people posting like Bicep and Forearm measurements and usually a decent difference between each. I've got 14" Forearms and 14" Biceps, have I been doing too many Hammercurls or am I on route to Popeyemode or something, or is this normal for DYEL/Noobgains?
>>
>>35688597
14" is DYEL unless you're a girl. I wouldn't worry about it, but I'd avoid Hammercurls as noob and just stick to bodyweight and some dumbell exercises if you are too autistic to join an actual gym.

Also, just fucking bench in the streets like an OG nigga.
>>
File: 1431736053813.jpg (34KB, 630x254px) Image search: [Google]
1431736053813.jpg
34KB, 630x254px
>>35688453
Tricep bar maybe if you're getting adjustable dumbbell handles and plates, think they're all under 3 feet long. I've been using one along with dumbbells since I'm poor and still live with my parents and workout in the same tiny room I live in.

Also a yoga mat if your floor is hard so your shoulder blades and tailbone won't hurt if you do shit like floor presses, skullcrushers or pullovers.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc3pPobZDDA&ab_channel=BaberBarbell

He did 5x5 for 8 months, why does he look like he doesn't lift?
>>
>>35688673

But he can lift, he has before and after numbers
>>
>>35688673

Because he didn't eat. Dude's at a bodyweight where he wouldn't look big regardless of how lean he was.
>>
>>35688696
I understand that, he made great progress, but he looks DYEL.
>>
>>35688706
Oh ok, does it ever say his height?
>>
>>35688706

What do you mean he didn't eat?

I mean like if he takes of his shirt maybe we can see some muscle
>>
>>35688769
He is near 1/2/3/4, but he looks DYEL, I thought aesthetics start showing when you reach it.
>>
>>35688769

At the start, he did not have enough bodyweight to look like he lifted in a shirt regardless of his body composition.

If he stays at that weight, which he seems to have done, his routine is going to be irrelevant when it comes to looking like he lifts. Mass doesn't come out of nowhere
>>
>>35688673

What about this guy anon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWZ7uBqDbFs
>>
File: 1451461613337.jpg (125KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451461613337.jpg
125KB, 1080x1080px
If I start eating @ 2000kcal surplus on a test cycle, I have estimated I'd gain around 20kg in 90 days cause the theory of 9000kcal = 1kg fat .. wouldn't I gain a tad more weight cause would not the extra fat and muscle I have cause more water to be stored as well?

I have my weight goals post PTC and would like to somewhat estimate on what kind of a calorie surplus I'd get to my goals.
Any experiences?
>>
>>35688644
Not too autistic to join, just don't have one that I can get to since I work nights and live in a small village with no gym or anything close. Maybe when I drive I can go to a 24hr a few towns over but until then I'm stuck with what I can get in my room.

And yeah, I know I'm DYEL, That's why I asked if it was normal for a DYEL, referring to a DYEL, which is me. The DYEL. I was just curious because most people I see posting put things like 12"+14" for Fore and Biceps, or 16"+18", ect. But I guess it's just a DYELthing then.

>>35688661
Tricep bar seems cool, very compact just what I'm looking for. I'll see if I can't find a good foldable bench that fits in my room otherwise a decent Mat would be a good move. Thanks for the advice.

What kind of weights should I pick up? I've got about 40kg of plates from 1kg to 5kg. Should I get some bigger ones or wait until I have access to a real bench. Stuff I've got at the moment Is York but looks like their Tricep bar is Springlock not Screwlock, is that any real difference that I should be aware of or should I go something like GoldCoast and stick to Screwlocks.
>>
>>35677354
I stubbed the living shit out of my little toe (skin peeled off) can't can't do powercleans until it heals. What should I do to replace them.? Doing SS btw.
>>
>>35688823

You'll gain more than that, but it'll mostly be about the test causing extra water retention rather than the muscle/fat (when people are talking about the 1kg of fat or whatever, they're already accounting for the water in it).
>>
>>35688819
It's progress, but how much should one bulk without getting fat? 200-300 kcal?
>>
>>35688823
>Any experiences?
Yeah first of all it doesn't work like that. It's not an exact science.
Secondly, do not under any circumstances run with a 2000 calorie surplus. 1000 at the most.
Thirdly, do not set a "weight goal". That's really fucking dumb because you don't know how your progress is going to be. Having weight goals only leads to becoming a fat piece of shit, which you WILL regret down the line.

Just get your diet in check, train as well as you can. Then see how much you weigh and that's just how much you weigh. Forcefeeding yourself won't lead to better gains (it might if you're on some insane cycle though, I don't know about that - but if it's just a bit of test, go easy).

>>35688830
>What should I do to replace them.?
Won't really matter in the long run. Your "injury" shouldn't take long to heal so what you do instead of PCs won't have much of an impact. Pick any posterior chain or upper back dominant exercise; Romanian deadlifts or Bent-over rows would be good choices.
>>
>>35688904

I have no idea.

Am I supposed to eat 2700 calories, or am I actually supposed to be eating more since working out and jogging burns calories? Like eat more to compensate for the lost calories while workout? Help
>>
File: 1450293057350.jpg (77KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1450293057350.jpg
77KB, 600x800px
>>35688874
Alright, I'm planning on hitting 100kg bw before I start my PTC so I figure I'd only have to eat around 1500kcal surplus maybe at the most to get there from 80kg bw within 90-100 days.

I'll prolly get a bunch of fat alongside with it but don't care, want to get everything out of the cycle.
>>
>>35688946

Who's that? Need a link, name
>>
>>35688946
>I'll prolly get a bunch of fat alongside with it but don't care
I pretty much guarantee you'll be much more happy gaining 8 kgs of muscle and 2 kgs of fat than you'd be gaining 11 kgs of muscle and 9 kgs of fat.
If I had a dollar for every one of my friends who'd taken the mega bulk route and been sorry about it later, I'd have saved enough for a free cycle for myself.
>>
Are there any 6x week programs my gf can do?
>>
>>35677354
How retarded can you be, if it looks small from the behind, it's the triceps you should worry about.

Holy fuck.
>>
File: 1429705239931.gif (652KB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
1429705239931.gif
652KB, 392x400px
Alright /fit/, I'm going out for my first food shop tomorrow for myself.

Besides the usual oats/chickenbreast/greek yogurt and milk is there anything else I should get?
>>
Can someone critique my OHP form?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_Ha-eTfXQ
>>
I lost a shitload of weight and look really good and handsome now. Guys, how the fuck do I get rid of the arrogance? Deep down I know I'm not shit but people have done nothing but compliment me for a year. I never used to have an ego but this is getting out of control and I'm burning bridges because of it.
>>
>>35689035
your legs are too straight, it's an injury waiting to happen

also..
>manlet
>>
>>35689056
B-b-but I'm 181cm.
Also aren't you supposed to lock out when squatting, deadlifting and bench pressing, which are much heavier than OHP?
>>
>>35689027
Peanut Butter.
>>
>>35689132
if you lock your knees it puts and unecessary amount of stress on the pcl and compresses knee cartilage which can lead to discomfort

+ you dont need to lock your knees when you do the exercise done in the video
>>
>>35689027
sesame snaps
>>
>>35689132
bro dont even try doing big boy squats, locking your knees like that puts extra weight in the bone

that shits is clearly too heavy for you, why do a half ass workout, you're supposed to extend your knees, im fucking amazed how no one stopped you holy fuck disgusting form, try practicing with lower weight next time
>>
>>35689154
Both Rip and Mehdi state that you should lockout your knees when Overhead Pressing. Fuck, even Alan Thrall says that. I've never had any discomfort from locking my knees out, and I was more worried about the bar position at the top of the rep, and if I was bracing correctly.
>>
Ok so i am just about to begin SS (Im new). After how long would it be alright to throw in ab specific exercises into my routine?
>>
>>35689035
Clearly too much weight for you, manlet. The goal of doing those compound exercises is to always keep the tension on the muscle versus placing it on the joint.

Manlets always do shit wrong.
>>
>>35689186
ok continue doing your shit wrong
dont ask for advice if youre going to be a thickheaded manlet, just know that the people that actually workout in at your gym are laughing at your skinny manlet ass
>>
>>35689195
>>35689188
>>35689186
>>35689178
>>35689154
Don't give this guy advice, let him destroy his joints and wait for a the thread asking for help.
>>
>>35689035
>that guy that OPH in the squat rack

Don't do this
>>
>>35689035

Not bad. Its drifting a little away from you on the negative, but that's not a huge issue.
>>
File: metromasti_photos.jpg (8KB, 300x201px) Image search: [Google]
metromasti_photos.jpg
8KB, 300x201px
>>35689195
truly epic meme
>>
>>35689210

Where else is he supposed to do it?
>>
File: 1446962292683.gif (2MB, 244x147px) Image search: [Google]
1446962292683.gif
2MB, 244x147px
I just had my first cup of whey (30g of isolate) and now I can't stop farting, what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>35689210
I don't know because I've never done OHP but still don't do faggot
>>
>>35689238
ANIKI WAKE UP
>>
>>>35689222
'Locking out' a joint typically results in some amount of hyperextension, whereby the tension is being taken off of the muscles and loaded onto the joints. Whilst most people have fairly 'safe' degrees of hyper extension (~5-10), the genetically unlucky (which is quite a sizable proportion of people, usually referred to as 'double jointed') have greater hyperextension, sometimes 15 degrees or more.

So what is the implication of this?

Locking out becomes more dangerous for joint health the greater the hyperextension of the joint. Most professional athletes who excel in a specific feat will be have a genetic advantage, in this case, the best powerlifters will have minimal hyperextension of their joints. It is because of this that it is unwise to always apply professional technique to non professional lifters without looking at the individual's anatomy.

tl,dr; If your joints 'hyper extend' a lot, don't lock out. You could tear a meniscus or ligament, and thats not an over exaggeration. It's happened to several young athetes i've seen who lock out their knees and back on things like squats, deadlifts and standing military press.
>>
>>35689259

How the heck are we supposed to know if our joints hyper extend?
>>
>>35689035
shit form, too much weight for you, start with 25's instead of 35's next time
>>
>>35688826
If you can fit all those plates on your dumbbells or a tricep bar you should be fine with them for a while, I'd think. I'd just buy em as you need em in case you plateau with your equipment and need better stuff that you don't have room for and end up with a bunch of plates you can't use. Couple 10kg and 20kg plates maybe.

Only used spin lock myself so far but even weak springs should be fine as long as you're not pointing the plates down at your face or somethin. I've read that springs are always weaker than screw but they're faster to use.

If you do floor presses and start to plateau like I tend to you can look into paused benching, helps me keep upping the weight.

I'm pretty new to this stuff myself so take all this with a grain of salt. Been doing StrongLifts 5x5 as best I can with what I have.
>>
File: 1417327961853.png (161KB, 296x277px) Image search: [Google]
1417327961853.png
161KB, 296x277px
Can someone tell my why sweet potato and brocolli are so raved about here? I'm checking out there nutrition but I don't see what the big deal is?
>>
>>35689302
Could you clarify what about it was shit?
Poor Bar path, arching back, incorrectly bracing etc
>>
>>35689357

I'm with this guy, I'm also starting out and his form looked like what I do, what was wrong with it?
>>
>>35689357
>>35689432
too much weight if you cant control your knees
>>
While I'm still here I may as well post my formcheck on my deadlift as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im7Sc8CfrLE
As far as I can tell, my back rounds *slightly* on the last 2 reps and I bent my head upward when it should stay in line with my spine.
>>
Where can I find/order ephedrine in California?
>>
>>35689489
Are you fucking serious, you are lifting shit that's too heavy for you, you can't fucking drop the bar properly, stop trying to lift more than you can handle, you're a twink so start low.

You're supposed to slowly go down while keeping the bar in the air, yet close to the floor, you drop it when you're done.

That shit is so heavy that when you drop it you're fucking back is curved down.

Fucking use your brain while lifting, NYE fags that do this trigger me so fucking much, and the worst part is that they all whore the fucking bars to do that bullshit trying to lift more than they can handle.
>>
File: 1442424401641.png (101KB, 326x368px) Image search: [Google]
1442424401641.png
101KB, 326x368px
Is it okay to drink coffee and take creatine around the same time? As in one doesn't lessen the effect of the other? Is it true that creatine makes you retain water? But coffee would do the opposite so..? I'm probably overthinking it but would like some input still. This is all in the context of before a workout or near the beginning of it.
>>
>>35689489
shit is too heavy, you're back is getting fucked by what youre doing
>>
>>35689489
compare the atrosity you just did with this and laugh at yourself because i sure did, lift less, you can barely handle that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDuXuUg15mk
>>
If I'm doing SS, what's the best day to add in the lying triceps extension? rip doesn't mention it in his video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I
>>
>>35689489
horrible
>>
>>35689757
I've been doing SS since September last year.
Also Rip states pretty fucking clearly, the deadlift is from a DEAD stop, on the floor. In between EACH REP. This was supposed to be a set of 5, and as you can see I failed, and will be de-loading. When I started SS my DL weight was significantly lower, at around 110kg for sets of 5.
>>35689788
>>35689816
Please elaborate.
>>
>>35689970
You fell for the meme routine, and won't take criticism, and talk as if you were zyzz.

No one's saving you, stick with your shit posture, and crap routine you twink. Clearly that shit is too heavy for you and your fucking back is bending you fucking idiot, what is so hard to understand?
>>
>>35689991
No, I was, my back is rounding like fuck and I clearly can't put it down properly, so I'll be lowering the weight. Why the fuck would I post a form check video on a Mongolian cave painting forum unless I wanted advice on how to fix it? You're just wrong about not allowing the bar to rest on the floor in between reps, which isn't surprising, as the majority of posters here are just as clueless as me. Also you fell for the SS is a meme meme, good job.
>>
>>35690023
I'm not even that guy you idiot, I'm just pointing out that if 10 people are telling your forms shit, it's shit.

Like literally 10+ people been comenting on your shit videos about how to fix your shit and you try to debate? Like come on you fucking twink..
>>
>>35690045
It's not very helpful when someone just says "SHIT" and doesn't really explain why it was shit. Sure, it's good to know I need to work on it, why else would I post a form check? But that's not ideal unless I know what it is I'm fucking up.
>>
>>35678053
Gonna tell you a secret

One day binge wont matter at all

Youll gain water weight, thats about it, youll spend the next two or three days losing that water weight instead of fat, but you wont gain pure fat like that. If you dont believe me then ingest around 7000 calories and then check If you actually gained anything like a kilogram of fat, youll see you havent.
>>
this thread reminded me of why i hate giving fitness advice to people who start due to new years
>>
File: 1436667620533.png (54KB, 619x444px) Image search: [Google]
1436667620533.png
54KB, 619x444px
bumping this>>35689314
>>
>>35689040
Be grateful. Be grateful that you have roof under your head. Be grateful that you can walk and breath. Be grateful about the people around you that actually love and care about you. Be grateful that you are alive and healthy.
>>
Is there any point in starting TM when on a cut?
>>
>>35690509
doesn't lifting on a cut help maintain muscle mass? i might be wrong though so hopefully someone better informed answers too. but there most likely is a point, yes.
>>
File: meowcelot.png (206KB, 1000x719px) Image search: [Google]
meowcelot.png
206KB, 1000x719px
>>35689769
curiosity bump
>>
>>35677571
>>35681683>>35687597
also, drink a fuckton of water. at least 2-3L a day
>>
>>35677354
When to eat my oats (most of my daily carb intake). Morning or nights? Pre or post workout?
>>
File: 1444588605594.png (73KB, 226x297px) Image search: [Google]
1444588605594.png
73KB, 226x297px
>>35691200
maybe just.. when it feels best for you?
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.