[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's a minus six degrees celcius (-6C) outside here in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: running.jpg (229KB, 1188x1028px) Image search: [Google]
running.jpg
229KB, 1188x1028px
It's a minus six degrees celcius (-6C) outside here in my country, can I go running or is it not a well idea?
>>
>>35675198
I am wondering if its too cold or if there is risk of injury while slipping?
>>
You can still go running outside, but you may experience a slight chill and coldness compared to when it is warm out.
>>
>>35675227
yes thats obvious but i mean is it dangerous in any way? for muscles or bones if i fall etc?

anything i should specially do?

thanks
>>
>>35675198
it's gonna be really really fucking cold, so you need to wear about 2-3 layers of shit senpai. js. however, you'll probably live.
>>
>>35675239
Wear sweats and layers, dont run in snow, warm up by jogging slowly the building to your regular speed once you've got your body heat going. watch out for ice and cars
>>
>>35675256
i never ran in outside minus degrees below freezing water

but i should be able to run fine for 15mins? maybe i need to take headtop and gloves with me so my brain wont freeze and fingers dont fall off or is 15min not too long?
>>
>>35675239
I would recommend wearing a pair of long pants and possibly a jacket depending on your choice of shirt
>what country are you in OP?
>what color shirt do you plan on wearing?
>how many keylamas a hour do you run?
>how many hours of actual run time?
>do you wear shoes while running?
>>
File: 1453091124744.jpg (67KB, 1671x1667px) Image search: [Google]
1453091124744.jpg
67KB, 1671x1667px
>>35675239
yeah m8 the moment you take a stride your vastus lateralis will completely detach from your kneecaps synovial fluid causing your iliotibial band to plainly just fall off from your leg, but worst of all you might lose your gains!
>>
File: 1450820826433.png (161KB, 674x862px) Image search: [Google]
1450820826433.png
161KB, 674x862px
>>35675227
Bump, never expect warm weather when it is actually cold out. It is different sometimes outside.
>>
>>35675282
I'm from Europe and I wear fluorisititng yellow

keylamas i dont know what is and i run about 15mins to 30mins depending on how much energy and motivation and time i have

and yes i wear running shoes

at the moment i only wear

bottom:
1 long sleeve pants

top:
1 short sleeve tshirt
1 long sleeve running shirt

is it enough?
>>
>>35675239
The quicker your run, the less time you will be subject to the elements. So I suggest sprinting your distance as quick as possible, thus exposing yourself to the brisk weather as little as possible.
>>
It's -20C here and I can run fine. Just layer up, wear gloves, and wear something over your face if you can.
>>
>>35675302
yeah but dont wanna overdo my muscles in below freezing temperature i feel like it might be a bad idea if they cant get warm enough
>>
Do it pussy. Bundle up and you're fine.

>mfw been cycling in sub freezing temperatures
>>
>>35675300
I'd also suggest socks. And Maybe a cooler shirt in case you come across any QT3.14s during your journey.
>INB4 2015+1 not measuring running in keylamas
>>
>>35675300
I would certainly recommend you wearing your running shoes while you are running out in the cold.
>>
Be careful out there Opie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPTt6MgsOt8
>>
That's not really that cold. If you wear the appropriate clothing you should be fine. It was -32 Celsius here in Illinois, with wind chill, and I still managed a 5 mile run.
>>
OP here

i survived, it was pretty damn cold but it was do-able

have trouble feeling my left toe though, and couldnt unfist my hands

but it was ok, i wore an extra layer so it was fine

i noticed i needed my halfway break, but i was walking a bit slower so that might be the reason

now hot shower
>>
>>35675533
I'm in Canada and I run 12-17 kilameyas every second day and it was -17C when I ran yesterday. Since it's colder I find I can run further without getting tired since I don't sweat as much. Try running until you pass out every second day, at that point you start feeling calorie deprived and that's when you really start to get in shape. I wear long underwear plus sweat pants, ski socks and like five layers
>>
>>35675601
yes but canadians are used to the cold

this is first or second freezing day here for me
>>
>>35675601
Wow that's so many layers and 12 to 17 keylamas that's impressive maplebro
>>
>>35675601
also it doesnt seem smart to run untill you pass out, how many times have you smashed your face to the concrete already?
>>
>>35675533
What type of socks did you equip yourself with OP? It's very impressive you were able to weather the freezing temperatures. The colder the running atmosphere is, the more calories you will burn and thus you will become faster over time. Congratulations on your accomplishment! :)
>>
OP here, I need to go outside now to do my chores

I maybe be back in an hour or 5 but I dont know if this thread is still alive then

I thank you all for responding may love peace and joy come to you and your families it has been a pleasure posting here with you hope you enjoy your day
>>
>>35675676
Don't be scared euroguy. It's only passing out.
>>
>>35675688
just normal socks thats why maybe, my shoes are pretty thin too. bvut i thought with running they would get warm but i could feel my toes becoming numb anyway

and yes i noticed i could run further, it may be due to the cold or it was because i ran slower, i dont know

now i need to go bye
>>
>>35675690
Thanks OP you nice euroguy I hope you white guy and not dark nigboy
>>
>>35675690
You've made such a wow in my life for this today because that is a nice one wow. :)
>>
>>35675696
is dangerous while running in city

>>35675714
i am

g2gbye
>>
>>35675733
jk eat shit
>>
Rub some icey hot along your inner thigh. You should be fine. Get it all the way up to your groin though
>>
File: 1330793417074.jpg (63KB, 466x700px) Image search: [Google]
1330793417074.jpg
63KB, 466x700px
>tfw it's -26 C outside and it's considered relatively warm here

I hate it so fucking much
>>
Its 60ish Here in Florida. Got my sweaters on and doubled up on undershirts
>>
>>35675795
The fuck where do you live?
>>
>>35675828
Siberia
>>
>>35675853
Jesus christ man, does it only get that bad in the middle of winter or is it low temperature all year round?
>>
>>35675906
Winter only. In the summer it's insanely hot here.
>>
OP here im back
>>
I live in Sweden and run outside wearing tights, no problem what so ever. Just be careful not to slip.
>>
>>35675198

I was running -4C yesterday fine. Coughing a lot after though.
>>
>>35675267
yes just run wear warm clothes, 2 pullover if you want

in 15min you wont be sweating enough to freeze because of the wetness, you will probably just start to get warm

if you do a longer run it is optimal to feel a bit cold in the first 6-10mins
>>
>>35675313
start slow and warm up, muscles arent that much of a problem
joints and tendons hate the cold

>>35675697
use your head if you are feeling to cold but on more clothes next time
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.