[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody use one of these? There's a few in my gym but no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: waterrower-natural.jpg (71KB, 800x330px) Image search: [Google]
waterrower-natural.jpg
71KB, 800x330px
Anybody use one of these? There's a few in my gym but no one is ever on 'em, they just use the treadmills and stairsteppers.

I've heard it's a great cardio workout, low impact, high intensity
>>
I love them, pretty low resistance, low strain on my knees and back (USE PROPER FORM ASSHAT) and people think you are cool as fuck and into rowing. Would recommend over treadmill 100%
>>
>>35674529
How does it compare against outdoor rowing or even just outdoor jogging? I'm looking to increase my endurance and aerobic capacity for 2-5 mile runs
>>
>>35674451
Tfw looking forward to s3 of House of Cards
>>
>>35674842
S4 my bad just kill me now
>>
>>35674451

Row machines in general, or just the waterrower?
Got myself a c2 (pm5) rower two months ago, I enjoy it a lot. I usually do 2+5km in the morning. Would recommend/10
>>
>>35675092
rowing machines in general
>>
I use the one at my gym. 10/10, would row again.
>>
I have a rowing machine in my home gym. I use it for my cardio when it's cold outside. It's very effective, but if you're actually using it hard, you will feel like you're being tortured.
>>
>>35674451
Truly God tier cardio equipment as it's full body and it's always available.

Do 15 mins at high resistance and you'll feel like a god. Or at least like you boxed with one.
>>
Got a concept2 at home that I use regularly. Feels amazing, no fear of injuries, burns a ton of calories. Never looked back.
>>
>>35674856
same. fucking not coming out till march this year.
>>
>>35675421
>It's very effective, but if you're actually using it hard, you will feel like you're being tortured.
>>35675455
>you'll feel like a god. Or at least like you boxed with one.
>>35675488
>Feels amazing, no fear of injuries, burns a ton of calories
Perfect
>>
What's a good routine? Just row as hard as you can for as long as you can?
>>
>>35674451
Once you get used to it, other forms of cardio won't even fucking compare. This shit is truly god-tier, especially if you can last 30 minutes on highest resistance.
>>
>>35677171
Pretty much
>>
>>35675620
Don't listen to the chuckle fucks saying no injury and no strain on the back and high resistance bs. Rowing has its own set of common injuries like any other sport, chief among them is lower back problems. This is especially true if you set the drag factor ("resistance") high. Do yourself a favour and do lumbar prehab and don't keep hitting that drag factor as high as possible. The meter on the concept 2 machines is under nearly all conditions unaffected by differences in drag since it just measures the amount of torque you apply, so getting a good split needs as much work at 1 as at 10
>>
>>35677397
This. Competitive rowers train with a concept 2's resistance set at 3 or 4, as this lets most people work efficiently and mimics the resistance of a boat on water most closely.

Going higher than that is kinda pointless but can make it easier to get s good time over a super short distance (something only bored rowers do).
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.