[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into a habit of going to the gym, if I am sore as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: op cocksucker helmet.jpg (170KB, 877x679px) Image search: [Google]
op cocksucker helmet.jpg
170KB, 877x679px
How do I get into a habit of going to the gym, if I am sore as fuck 5 days later after a workout
>>
Ibuprofen and a dose of nut the fuck up, princess
>>
>>35674085
because the soreness goes away when you aren't a newfag anymore. lifting more also helps get rids of the initial soreness.

look up "delayed onset muscle soreness".
>>
>>35674089
I have no problem going with pain but it hinders what I can do and almost makes it pointless.
>>
>>35674089
tru
>>
Don't go ham when starting off, eat and sleep well, and stop being a little bitch.
>>
>>35674102
adding to this, I lifted for the first time in years on Friday, and I did 2 sets of my body weight 180 in squats anyway. That day my legs gave out on me at home, i fell and coudlnt get up I can still barley walk
>>
>>35674085
Proper warm up, including stretching, and a cool down with stretching will help. It adds time to the workout, but you only have to do it until you stop getting sore. Ibuprofen helps also, don't be a bitch. Work through the pain
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>35674111
Well there you go. You done fucked up sonny. You should build up to a comfortable squat, and not go for the gusto from the get go.
>>
>>35674145
Yea I felt good while doing it, then as I was leaving the gym jelly legs thought nothing of it, then i started falling like i was an 90 year old at home sucked
>>
the more you go the less sore you'll get unless you fuck up
>>
>>35674155
You should let it heal. Moderation when it comes to starting out. You don't want to go under the bar or try to pick something up and feel a pop. You can always focus on some other muscle groups in the mean time. I'd let the legs heal.
>>
I can't tell if OP is a dyel skelly or a hamplanet
>>
>>35674111
>>35674145
he fell for the bodyweight squat meme
>>
>>35674178
Yea I literally though I tore a quad or some shit it sucked, and still sucks hurts like hell and my knees now hurt too
>>
No bitch that's normal, after a week or two of steady lifting the soreness will be manageable/gone

I collapsed on my bed and almost threw up after hitting the gym for the first time in months
>>
>>35674085
Soreness will go away. Do not stop lifting due to DOMS
>>
>>35674155
age?
>>
>>35674188
Roll out the muscles and get a good soaking in hot water. It'll help relieve some pain. NSAIDS will help. Stretch/ foam roll. Dude, count yourself lucky you didn't fuck yourself up major bad. Get form down then add weight. It took me a month to make it to 1pl8 squat.
>>
>>35674226
29, played sports through hs and 2 years in college then was inactive forever recently like 2 years
>>
>>35674238
more sleep and protein could help you shouldn't be falling down but leg days tend to stay sore the longest even when youre not a noob anymore
>>
>>35674245
It was legit weird and scary like boom fell multiple time, and had to wiggle my way on my ass to something to pull me up each time
>>
>tfw I began I went so HAM that I couldn't even bend my arm properly (it wasn't strained, just stiff)
>tfw my beginner gains were insane (low weight high reps ftw)

You just have to ignore the pain (unless it's sharp,which means you've damaged it).
>>
>>35674282
I think him falling indicates he fucked something up
>>
>>35674245
You should learn how to use full stops to differ sentences. 6 year olds can do it, so it shouldn't be too hard to learn.
>>
>>35674085
It happens when you start. People will say "lol just go lift again" and theyre full of shit. I remember after my first set of squats it was hard for me to walk for almost a week. It gets better.
>>
Learn to embrace the pain, and use it as fuel to lift even more
>>
>>35674292
you should learn to open your cock cage you cuck
>>
>>35674085
give yourself more time at the starting 2 weeks in between workouts. But you have so many different exercises to do if you want to go. DOMS on squats still leave deadlifts doable
>>
>>35674085
>How do I get into a habit of going to the gym, if I am sore as fuck 5 days later after a workout
You dummy, you're trying to do too much too quickly. Back the hell off on the resistance and/or total workload until you're adapted better!
>>
>>35674085
DOMS is inflammatory and thus subsides once you resume physical activity.

In other words, hit the gym as usual.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.