[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaining flexibility, elongation, problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: gurl.jpg (20KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
gurl.jpg
20KB, 256x320px
>Be female, 23 y o
>Practicing TKD since a year until now

I followed the sticky about stretching and looking videos from YT. But I am not gaining any elongation and flexibility in my legs.

I tried static stretching, dynamic stretching, extending time into a posture, etc. But I can't do splits nor spagats yet.

What should I do to have god-tier flexibility and elongation? I want to be able to give high kicks (soon, if possible) and round kicks, but because I'm not seeing any results after six months, I think that there's something wrong (or maybe I really have a shit body for that).
Thanks for reading and helping. I'm very motivate to change my routines to gain results
>>
I just started embarking on my quest to get more flexible for lower body (I don't do martial arts, I'm just stiff as fuck). What areas do you stretch?

I find pelvic stretching really helps and I follow this video, probably nothing new for you though :

https://youtu.be/xJwwioOcE4E
>>
stretching is painful. you need to suffer rather than feel a slight distress and be done with it.
>>
>>35672905
I'm stretching abductors, calves, biceps, and others muscles, I think ( I don't know too much about anatomy haha). I follow a routine similar to the video that you posted

>>35672927
I do it , and I know that stretching must be painful if it is effective. I always end with my legs sore
>>
The trick is to contract the muscle you desire to stretch, during the stretch
>>
>>35672824

I know static stretching gets a beating around here, but that is because static stretching impacts your force production *immediately afterward.* Provided you aren't trying to do a max effort lift or an extremely explosive kata, try a weighted static stretch, and hold it for a LONG time. Over two minutes at the very bare minimum. The goal here is to desensitize your golgi tendon apparatus to let your muscles know that it will be okay to stretch to that elongation and that it will not rip itself apart. Try a couch stretch for 3+ minutes per leg as an example, or a weighted third world squat or RDL (a dumbbell or kettlebell will be sufficient), again holding for several minutes.
>>
>>35673023

>stretching until it hurts

This is a big no-no. I don't know where you got this from..?
If you overdo it, the muscles, joints, ligaments you're stretching will start to resist and become even tighter than before. You have to be gentle and easy. I mean you still have to push it, but definitely not to the point of pain. Maybe this could be the cause?
>>
>>35673075
pussy
>>
Pavel Tsatsouline - Relax into Stretching
>>
>>35673085
Do you even Z e n?
>>
>>35672824
Foam roll. Fucking hell, foam roller is GOAT; shit's like $20 at minimum. Massages as well.

Also, because your gender was not necessary, as flexibility is gender-neutral, TITS or GTFO.
>>
4th dan tkd here. Stop wasting time and start muay thai
>>
File: 1442419933723.gif (3MB, 265x200px) Image search: [Google]
1442419933723.gif
3MB, 265x200px
>>35672824
I would suggest just to work on kicking higher.

I am not particularly flexible, I never bothered stretching, but I am have been able to kick people in the head since a short time after I started. It was pretty much all from just working kicks over and over and concentrating on kicking higher.
>>
If you lift stretch before and after lifting
>>
>TKD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrH_Wfhk2kI
>>
OP here, thank you all for your answers!

>>35673041
Well, then I must contract more the muscles

>>35673060
Thanks for your advice, I'll try that

>>35673075
Reading sticky, and seeing various videos. Also, I asked about this to three different instructors (who are physics teachers too)

>>35673104
Will watch it

>>35673123
I thought that gender was related, so I'm sorry about it. And well, I'll try that. Thanks

>>35673126
Someday I would like to start it

>>35673155
That's my objective, but elongation and flexibility, are related to that. And well, I'll work more hard to accomplish that.

>>35673157
Thanks for your advice
>>
>>35673250
https://gmb.io/hip-flexibility/

Well I use this, I get results (not a martial artist though). Literally point number 2.
>>
>>35673126
>>35673227

How autistic do you have to be to go into a thread that asks for advice on a certain subject and you completely ignore what they're asking for?

It's like someone asking about cardio and you shitpost about kettlebells.
>>
>>35672824
why learn gymnastic tykwondo. Its actually worthless. Get strength first.
>>
>>35673445
that other guys right though. Might as well do gymnastics.
>>
>>35673445
I agree with this sentiment. To be slightly pedantic, high rep kettlebell work is pretty damn good HIIT cardio

but not to detract from your point
>>
>>35673445
> what bodyweight program should I do to achieve klokov mode
> you should lift
Same thing
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.