[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is protein powder a must?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: whey.jpg (32KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
whey.jpg
32KB, 500x308px
I have a physical test in the 2nd week of March which includes a shuttle test (level 12=100%) and a obstacle course (farmer walk, carry a victim, hammer hits...). I am 5'8, 163lbs. I am ok with the shuttle test but I lack a bit of strength in the obstacle course.

I eat well (5-6x a day, 20g of protein each meal), sleep well and I do some crossfit, track and field, SS and a bit of swimming.

A friend of mine says that I should really focus on gaining mass and strength and really recommends me taking protein powder. I personally don't trust what they put inside and I often heard that if you eat well, you don't need protein powder/BCAA/multivitamins at all. He says that the best of the best is from New Zealand, hydrolyzed or some shit.

Thoughts?
>>
No. Stop. Its all a fucking scam.

Just eat food.
>>
>>35671367
It helps me reach my macro goals. Plus its pretty cheap gram for gram compared to lean meats like turkey and chicken
>>
>>35671367
a must? no

It can be useful and convenient though
>>
>>35671367
You know how i know you didn't read the sticky?
>>
>>35671399
>Its all a fucking scam.

Go run a marathon.
>>
I've been lifting for 7 years.
SEVEN. More than most faggots on here.

5 years with 2 scoops daily
2 years with no whey at all.

My conclusions?
>nobody needs whey
>almost every lifter out there consume more protein than necessary, and the extra proteins end up as either expensive carbs or bodyfat raise.

Don't believe the hype. You think you need whey because you've always taken whey since day 1 at the gym
>>
>>35671367

Hey, aren't you a little bit late for a NYRfag?
>>
It's just a convenient source of protein.

If you need a convenient source of protein, get it. If you don't need a convenient source of protein, well, don't.

>>35671399
>I don't know what scam means

---
This will help, OP:

https://examine.com/faq/how-much-protein-do-i-need-every-day/
>>
>>35671367
>Is protein powder a must?
No. Just eat real food and save your money.
/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread
>>
Listen fags. Your not gonna make gains eating less than 3500 cal a day and less than 250 g protein. You might but you are severely wasting time and money.- A dude who went from 145 to 208 @5'9 10%bf
>>
>>35673635
post progress pic
>>
>>35671399
This. I never used protein powders and I have made progress just fine. Instead of a shake, i eat two grilled chicken tenders. I have milk with that if im on a bulk.
>>
I received a Herbalife protein drink mix from a relative.
should i consume it?
>>
>>35671399
Whey protein is food. One scoop is even cheaper than dry roasted peanuts... I take mine before bed time, because most muscle repair happens when you sleep. I want there to be amino acids in my blood stream during that time, and don't want my body to be distracted by digesting a full stomach.

I cannot think of a reason not to take it, plus i find it motivates me to eat healthy because I am more deliberate about hitting a protein number.

There is no possible harm to your body... so other than saving a tiny tiny bit of money...

Honestly though, if you are that poor, get off your ass, go to Germany, burn your passport -and start raping for benefits.
>>
>>35673792
>I also don't know the definition of scam
>>
>>35671367
>>35671367
Is it the cpat for firefighter test?

The only part you need to practice is the stair climb with 75lbs. The test is easy as shit. If you can't pass it, you literally have no place in the fire service.

Want to do something challenging? Do the Scott stair climb. Hardest ff stair climb in the world. Did it in 25 minutes my first year. Record is 19.
>>
>>35671399
It's not a scam. Its convenient.

We're not all trying to leave humanity behind
>>
It makes getting protein rich calories easier. If you're getting your protein and calories from somewhere else then obviously you don't need it
>>
>>35673097
>save your money
I get 2 weeks worth of protein for about 12 days worth of chicken breast, and I'd need to cook it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.