[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gains relative to age? Dyel tin foil hat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 226.jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
226.jpg
92KB, 640x640px
I have been wondering for the longest why is it that lets see you lift starting from 18-20 you always look small but a dude who is around 25-30 who lifted for less time than you look bigger is it because there is a second stage of purberty around the time?
Does this mean that no matter how much i lift i will never escape dyel mode? Until i hit my 25's ...
Discuss
Td ; Lr no matter how much i lift my age is relative to my gains until i hit 25 i will never escape dyel mode
>>
Maybe they're often eating more food, stretching (increasing muscle mass potential), etc.
>>
File: 1408718579047.jpg (114KB, 680x870px) Image search: [Google]
1408718579047.jpg
114KB, 680x870px
>>35667527
But arent your gains related to your body size/age like the fathers forearm no matter how much i train my forearms it would never get that size unless i am that age
>>
>>35667503

no its mostly because older people are more serious about it and do their research, homework on everything

when you are 18,19,20 you follow bro science and what your friends doing in the gym and maybe dont even do it cause you are intrinsically motivated but just because you think its cool or whatever

older guys who tend to go from 0 usually have more income and are more serious about everything + have true motivation to make it

ofc thats just a generalization and not true for everyone but im sure theres some trend and truth to it
>>
>>35667602
but the same theory could apply to a 15 year old lifting the gains of a 15 year old would be way different from a 25 year old if they lifted and had pretty much the same diet
isnt there the golden rule that u cannot get more than 1lbs - 1.5 lbs of muscle a week?
>>
File: 1409265755566.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1409265755566.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
I feel like there is a corraletion between body age and size / definition
>>
>>35667648

>isnt there the golden rule that u cannot get more than 1lbs - 1.5 lbs of muscle a week?

no its not a golden rule its simple physics/anatomy

well 15 is damn young .. not even an adult and fully developed in growth etc .. im sure he will have less gains than a fully developed 25 year old

i thought we are talking adults here 20 vs 30 ish type of stuff

a beginner gains like 5-7 kg LEAN BODY MASS aka MUSCLES in his first year lifting (incl noob gains)

cut that numberi n half for the 2nd year and cut it in half again for the 3rd year

building muscle is a time intensive process thats why people use steroids in their 2nd, 3rd year
>>
>>35667689
my question though now matter how hard i lift i will never be able to look good because my body is not at its peak yet?
>>
>>35667742

are you 15 or what?

If so you can look good .. dotn worry about it and just lift.
>>
>>35667760
i'm 19 but my brother started lifting at 24 and he looks wayy better then i ever did and he never counted calories and and eats anything while i do and he looks better and we do the same program the same amount of reps
>>
>>35667839

maybe hes on steroids and didnt tell you lol
>>
>>35667760
it's mlk day so the kiddies are off from school
>>
>>35667848

ah thats why this board is so fucking shit atm

i thought its cause the american shit posters just woke up

holiday i see
>>
>>35667580
>But
No.

>>35667602
>maybe dont even do it cause you are intrinsically motivated
You surely mean extrinsically. Intrinsic is the more potent.
>>
>>35667848
I would post my college acceptance letter but you would say i would be bragging so
its a lose lose situation for me
>>
>>35667503
Puberty is like free sterons. The problem is that s lot of young people don't eat or train right if they've never had a good coach. Does you local high school football team look DYEL? No, they're fucking jacked because they have loads of free test, train hard and eat big. You will never recover from training as well as you did at 17.
>>
>>35667689
that would mean 11.75kg over 3 years.

so starting to lift now at 58kg 182cm would mean it would take 3 years to reach 69.75kg, which I'm thinking I'll reach in one year and based on progress I've seen in CBTs that seems more realistic.
>>
>>35667949
Even if you are 19-20, you still don't know shit and are just as bad as the underage 15 year olds posting

I didn't start wising up about life until I was 22+. The reason you look small is because you are young and stupid and don't know what you're doing. Probably drinking protein shakes still and reading bodybuilding.com for workout splits.
>>
>>35667839
that could be a lot of different factors.
>>
File: IMG_1689.jpg (149KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1689.jpg
149KB, 750x1334px
>>35667503
People in western nations tend to get bigger over time regardless of lifting weights

9 times outta 10, you will be heavier at 30 than 20
>>
>>35668023
Texas method / intake exactly 2700 ish calories a day 170g of protein a day
>>
>>35667503
Something about muscle density and maturity. Most body builders don't reach their peak until like age 35.
>>
>>35668007

thats only lean body mass tho you would probably end up at 75 ish cause of water weight/fat and what not
>>
>>35667602
>when you are 18,19,20 you follow bro science and what your friends doing in the gym and maybe dont even do it cause you are intrinsically motivated but just because you think its cool or whatever

True for me. I tried making gains from ages 17-27 without much success because I believed the mens' fitness bullshit about working out 6x/week on curlbro routines. This was largely before /fit/ existed, but after I tried less volume and sticking with barbell compounds I finally got gains.

>older guys who tend to go from 0 usually have more income and are more serious about everything + have true motivation to make it

Yep. My motivation was having a son, I didn't want him to suffer through 10 years of no gains bullshit like I did. He'll work out correctly right from the start.

>>35667503
>no matter how much i lift my age is relative to my gains until i hit 25 i will never escape dyel mode

No OP, I am an oldfag (35) who made some youthful friends (21 and 23) in the gym. When we met I lifted more than them, but they overtook me pretty quickly. I wish so much that /fit/ was around when I was 19.
>>
>>35667503
>19-year old not seeing the results he'd like - "It must be because I'm young."
>>35668229
>35-year old not seeing the results he'd like - "It must be because I'm old."
>>
>>35668459
thats not what this thread is about its about
is age relative to the way your body looks
>>
>>35668459
>35-year old not seeing the results he'd like - "It must be because I'm old."

Actually I'm perfectly happy with my results, I just wish they could have come when I was 20 instead of 35.
>>
your physical prime is actually in your 30s, believe it or not

stop thinking you go downhill after 19.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.