[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it, all I want to do is pic related. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Hip-stretch-squat-660.jpg (103KB, 607x717px) Image search: [Google]
Hip-stretch-squat-660.jpg
103KB, 607x717px
I don't get it, all I want to do is pic related.

I've been stretching 4-5 times a week for 30+ minutes the last couple months (sometimes multiple times a day) and I have seen 0 progress on the end goal. I can still barely do 1/4 ROM bodyweight squat.

At this point all I really want is a coach to identify exactly what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it each session. Who would I talk to about this? Chiro?
>>
force yourself to stay in that position for X time, hold on to something
>>
People need to realize chiro = not a real thing. Go see a physiotherapist if you actually need real help.
>>
>>35663363
muscles too weak.

train muscle.
muscle stronger.
can support weight.
no instability.

its not you too tight.
its posture muscle too weak to hold
>>
You don't need a coach to tell you that your femurs are too long relative to your torso for you to squat comfortably like that with a straight back.

The reason people think it's natural is because they see babies doing it, when babies have proportionally tiny femurs at that age, and bendy joints. When you see 3rd worlders crouched over like that they invariably have rounded lumbar spines.
>>
>>35663363

What exactly are you stretching?
>>
i can only do a squat with a weight on my shoulders pressing me down. without it i can't keep my balance for shit and fall backwards.
>>
>>35663430

Which muscle are we talking about here?

>>35663435

Whether or not it's natural I'm still missing out on half the fun in squatz n oatz. Really though, ideally I'd like to get to the point that I could do the movement barefoot with no weight.
>>
Accept that your body isn't built for squatting and don't do them. Don't believe the memes; squats aren't a required exercise.
>>
>>35663443

I try to follow MWOD when equipment allows, but I incorporate stretches I've learned there nearly every day.

I spend about 15-20 minutes foam rolling my back + legs & 20+ minutes stretching. A huge focus is on my hips but I'm not even sure that's the problem anymore. I also have extremely short hamstrings and for whatever reason they just won't loosen.
>>
>>35663470

My legs are pretty big without squats, but honestly even outside of weightlifting every athletic/limber person I know can do I full squat. There's certain coordination and fluidity that comes with the flexibility to do a full squat
>>
You can't do pic related after months of training it daily?

Unless you're morbidly obese, theres probably something structurally wrong with your body and you should see a doctor.
>>
>>35663536

Well not daily but 4-5 times a week. Usually twice on dead lift days.
>>
>>35663554
ok
>>
>>35663416

Is there a specialty for this?
>>
>>35663475

Hamstring flexibilty doesn't pay that much of a role for squatting.

The most important factors are:

Femur length
Hip Flexibilty
Ankle Flexibilty

Sadly it's almost impossible to change femur length (impossible) and ankle flexibilty (hardly possible). If your hips are flexible enough and you still can't squat properly: Lifting shoes.
>>
there's a 0.0001% chance youre actually too inflexible to squat. it's a matter of technique. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HuIS7hh6DI

find a starting strength coach. http://startingstrength.org/index.php/site/coaches
they go through a pretty damn elaborate selection process and definitely know their shit. it will probably cost a bit more than just a physio but there's also a 0.0001% chance that your physio will actually teach you a good squat rather than tell you to leg press instead.
>>
>>35663363
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
>>
>>35663363
Stretching only affects flexibility.

Your image is the "goddess" pose in yoga. It just stretches the medial hamstrings. You could also try the butterfly pose (it's seated, and similar).

But if you're looking for Squat DEPTH, then you should be looking to stretch your hip flexors. Lunges (the stretch, not the exercise) will help with that.

However, everyone is different of course, so you may have tight areas that others do not. Exercise and stretch wisely.
>>
File: PR20130721154406.jpg (29KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
PR20130721154406.jpg
29KB, 640x360px
>>35663430

Klokov....?

IS DAT YOU?!
>>
>>35663363

nigger you need to do assisted squats by holding onto some kind of pole right in front of you. imagine your picture but with a pole stuck in the ground going through his hands
>>
>>35663704
> It just stretches the medial hamstrings.
the "squat stretch" stretches the adductors too.
>But if you're looking for Squat DEPTH, then you should be looking to stretch your hip flexors
if youre looking for more hip flexion, you should stretch the muscles that flex your hips.
wait, what? that doesnt make any sense
>>
>>35663722
>adductors
Oh yeah lol, sorry, I forgot those.

Duh. lol. Sorry dude.

>squat depth
If the hip flexors (here:
>https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hip%20flexors
are too tight then your pelvis be forced to rotate posteriorly at the bottom of the squat thus bringing your spine out of the range of straightness or 'neutrality' (i.e. a 'neutrally curved spine', i.e. a natural, healthy curve) prematurely.
>>
>>35663760
>are too tight then your pelvis be forced to rotate posteriorly at the bottom of the squat
what? the hip flexors are at their shortest at the bottom of the squat. it is a position with a lot of hip flexion, so the hip flexors are contracted. why would their tightness rotate anything in such a situation?
>>
>>35663773
I dunno dude but maybe it's femur length related.

I have no clue but I literally just stretched the shit out of my hip flexors when I had trouble with squat depth and doing lunges fixed it.

Fuck me, right?
>>
>>35663363
I started doing them in a deep bath
Sounds weird but worked for me but I started this at 16 so idk
>>
File: 1446274305685.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1446274305685.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>35663470
>>
File: 1450249530843.jpg (78KB, 640x616px) Image search: [Google]
1450249530843.jpg
78KB, 640x616px
>tfw you've been working on the gook squat for a few months and you can do it easily for awhile.

I basically started squating on the balls of my feet and when my ankles got flexible, i moved back on to my heals and reaching out fowardsas far as possible with my hands to keep balanced

>>35663709
This helps heaps desu lad
>>
File: 11.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>balt reporting in
Just go to eastern europe man, you either squat or you die
Pic related, this is what i see everyday anywhere
>>
>>35663363

Don't go to a chiropractor. They are made up witch doctors with printed out qualifications.
>>
>>35664536
>be polish
>heard of slav squat but never actually saw anyone doing it, thought it's an internet joke
>this one time standing in circle with some people, talking
>this one guys starts squatting
>looking up at us from a crotch level like 6 years old kid
>looks weird as fuck
>he keeps doing it for like 40 minutes
>>
>>35663990
>gook squat on west coast
>Slav squat on East coast
I like it.
>>
>>35664536
That's really poor form
>>
>>35663416
Studying occupational therapy and I can confirm this.
>>
>>35663363
Can you do weighted squats? If you can hit below parallel with a barbell on your back why would you care about bodyweight squatting?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.