[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The sweet science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: manojkumar-boxing.jpg (34KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
manojkumar-boxing.jpg
34KB, 630x420px
Boxing general, any others training for their first amateur fight or next fight? What's your training like? How are you percentin your craft?

So my OPINION is boxing is more manly than just lyfting. The boxing culture is amazing and who doesn't want to be a prize fighter or winning fights in front of friends and uploading fights to social media? In boxing your gains are fights with others. If you have a casual work out, there are consecuenses when u fight. Boxing is a skill that takes so much skill: cardio strenth, fess nutrition and will.bonus when you train as boxer your also Training to be great in bed (cardio).

At the moment I'm focusing on anerobics and working out my core and hitting the heavy bag. I believe for amateurs being in shape is slightly more important than "boxing skill" however you still need to kno how to punnch and kno the very basics (jab, right hand, 1-2, moving around)
>>
>>35663036

Please don't ever learn boxing
>>
>>35663036
Omg please tell me this is troll.
>>
>>35663036
0/10 trying too hard.

funny thing though. we do have a lifter who joined our gym.

his cardio and endurance is not there. but he does hit well for his size, just kind of slow.

imo anybody who lifts should try doing more fullbody exercises at higher reps before doing boxing, it evens out the muscle workload and makes you faster.

pretty much the routine anyway:
>squats
>burpees
>pushups
>starjumps
>interval sprints
>situps and crunches
all at bodyweight for endurance

luckily in amateurs, 3 rounds is not enough to wear a guy down, so no point in hitting hard. olympic boxing = game of tag

people who come from lifting should consider the fact that you will get smaller, by quite a bit. i lost 7 kilos in the first month.
>>
.>>35663036

People that lift weights exclusively are about as tough as a dairy cow.

If you want to be a cowboy, learn to fight
>>
>>35663036
I'm training for my first amateur fight come February. I've been boxing for about 5 years, but just never felt ready for a fight. Monday through Saturday, every morning I'm in the boxing gym, I'm sparring at least 5 rounds. They don't always have to hard rounds. The only time I spar "hard" is once a week. You can spar 60% of your punching power without worrying about hurting your partner or yourself. You'll find your technique and timing develops a lot faster than just hitting mitts and heavybags. I do the main strength lifts i.e. bench, deadlift, squat in addition with clean press. I've noticed the more weight I can do on a clean press, the more explosive my punching is.
>>
>>35663418
Spar, spar, and spar, if you really want to be good at fighting. Like Bruce Lee said, you can't get better at swimming on dry land, and you can't get better at fighting without actually fighting. If you get tired during sparring, that just means your endurance is shit and you gotta do more cardio. Spar with powerful guys, and spar with fast guys, spar with everyone and anyone. Eventually, your defense will naturally improve and you'll stop getting thrown around like a bitch.
>>
>>35663418
then why do you feel not ready?

is mental thing, not physical.
>>
File: uwcb.jpg (9KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
uwcb.jpg
9KB, 310x163px
>>35663036

tfw you made a UWCB thread but no reply

training starts in feb, nothing like rising money for cancer by learning to box
>>
>>35663454
Honestly, it's because I always hated cardio. To be a successful boxer, you pretty much have to be semi-pro marathon runner too. Boxing and running go hand in hand. Fighting full speed for 3 minute round bursts is absolutely exhausting, and normies who don't fight will never know how fucking tiring that is
>>
>>35663418
How old are you?
>>
>>35663445
my gym has once a week sparring when we go full force, like a real amateur fight, Throughout the week (this sparring is voluntary and on saturdays) it's usually technique and strength/endurance. Do you think this is ok? I am starting to think it's impossible to find the time to train boxing properly for me, with all the stuff you need to do.
>>
>>35663351
thanks,
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.