[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /fit/ cook their chicken breasts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: images (28).jpg (17KB, 472x311px) Image search: [Google]
images (28).jpg
17KB, 472x311px
Fry or baked?

Sauces/spices?

How do I pan fry my diced breast and keep flavour and moisture?
>>
I throw it in a crock pot, cook it for 8 1/2 hours, and take it out.

I prefer my chicken breast to be dry and flavorless; if anyone has advice on the best way to dry chicken breast, that would be nice.
>>
Baked in the oven with shaker "BBQ Chicken" flavouring, which is mostly salt and paprika. Until it just hits safe eating temperature, because dry chicken breast is fucking awful.
>>
Dump a shit ton of breasts into my crock pot, douse in Siracha Chil sauce or Salsa, add chopped onions, mushrooms, garlic, peppers, broccoli, any other misc veggies, spices of choice into a crock pot, leave overnight, remove delicious, amazing, moist, flavour soaked chickenz in the morning, fill rest of crock pot with water/ extra veg/spices/tuna/beanz, extract full crockpot of delicious liquidz later for soup/chili. FUCK!
>>
>>35662529
got myself a slow cooker lately. it's pretty dope.
just dump shit into it, go to work, delicious dinner is waiting for me when i'm back.
>>
>>35662529
OMFG just grill the damn things plain and salt and eat them FFS.
>>
>>35662529
Chop, season with taco seasoning, saute in shallow water. Add cooked rice and black beans. Add salsa for extra flavor.
>>
I cube the chicken breast and put arbitrary amounts of salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin, paprika, thyme, and MSG onto it
>>
>>35662575
Cheesus fucking rice, do you expect anyone to read that giant wall of uninteresting garbage? To top it all off you're opinion is as shit as your interesting is right, you novel writing black ass somalian nigger. Do everyone on this board again and never post again, you stupid piece of shit
>>
>>35662692
All about dat dere MSG

I butterfly the breast, season with a bit of MSG, a bit of salt, paprika and granulated onion or garlic, and that's it. Fry in a medium pan with some olive oil. You'll develop a feeling for how long they need to cook; if any doubt just break open a piece in the pan at its thickest part and look for pink.
>>
Bake with olive oil and rosemary
>>
>>35662529
Throw it into a covered pot with some olive oil and lots of black pepper and red pepper. Heat on low for roughly an hour and flip once. Extremely moist and tastes great with anything.
>>
>>35662529
Grilled with olive oil and spices, eaten over a huge salad good for night shift dinner.
>>
>>35662529
>How do I pan fry my diced breast and keep flavour and moisture?
>diced
no. by dicing them you doom the meat to lose what little fat and moisture it has.

ok, listen up faggots:

- if you can use broth for something (i.e. cook your oats in it), stew the breasts (whole, do not touch them with a knife) in whatever amount of water you want. bring to a boil, then keep on low-medium fire (so the water continues to be slightly boiling) for 30 minutes or so. you can cook whatever you want in the same pot, just throw it in at appropriate time (i.e. throw in beans or rice at the start because they take about as long to cook, veggies towards the end because they'll overcook if you boil them for 30 minutes)

- if you don't need broth, cook them in a cast-iron pot with a cup of water and lid closed (if you have a lid from something else that can site inside the pot - that's the best, water won't be spitting from under the lid and the meat will cook a bit faster). bring to a boil, continue at low-medium fire, make sure there's always always some water at the bottom of the pot

1) take the breasts out, let them cool enough for handling (put them in cold water if you're ain't got time for waiting around).

2) tear into pieces with your fingers. you don't need a knife for that shit, don't be a dumb woman, that shit rips into pieces like wet cardboard.

3) mix with whatever else you're eating. goes great with anything, adds kick to otherwise bland oats/rice/beans, makes salads more satiating. I ate that shit with honeyed cottage cheese and nuts and it was actually very good.

you can pan-fry it if you want, with a pan wide enough to spread the meat in a thin layer, a little oil and high fire. stir thoroughly every 20 seconds or so. since it's already cooked, there's no risk of missing a spot, just cook them until they're brown enough for you. also goes great with everything, although loses a lot of volume in process.
>>
>>35662529
A bit of oil on the pan and then a mix of rosemary,lime ,salt,pink pepper.
>>
>>35662529
I cut the breast in cubes, make it cock for few minutes in a pan with a small amount of oil, some garlic and meat flavours, add a little bit of wine and let the alchol evaporate, then add some little tomatoes previously cut in half and cock it for another minute.
the wine+tomatoes creates a little bit of sauce.
takes 5 minutes to make.
>>
>sweet baby rays sauce
>sprinkle crushed tortilla chips or dry stuffing on top
>bake
>rice with ramen flavor in water
>broccoli

10/10 I am unstoppable
>>
>sweet chilli sauce
>throw in the oven
throw another pan of sweet potato's into the oven aswell.
that's pretty much it.
>>
what is very good is to rub good olive oil on it. Then wrap it in aluminum foil with a full lemon slice and some rosemary. Juicy and Flavorful.
>>
>butter
>put in pan whole
>pepper, salt, thyme
>devour
>>
fry on low - medium temp for 4-5 minutes per side
>>
Brine. 1/4 cup brown sugar and salt, some thyme, some garlic. Bring about a gallon of water to a boil, throw this stuff in, take off heat, mix, let cool.

Mix brine with chicken in a bag or some shit. Let it sit. I think I usually go overnight.

Then it's up to you, good luck making this chicken dry.

I like to broil
>>
>>35663733

> 2016
> Still eating chicken with sugar sauce
>>
>>35662529
Spices. BBQ.
>>
For pan fry, one serving of olive oil(1oz) in pan, slowly warm pan and oil, then soak chicken breasts in eggwhites or an egg, then use breadcrumbs on breasts as needed, slowly put them on at a time, then cook on higher heat at first and then lay off a bit, I make delicious chicken cutlets like this
>>
>>35664030
>(Insert current year)
>Still being a faggot
>>
>>35664008
Why boil the water before throwing all the stuff in?
>>
>>35664051

Nah you're just a dumbass. Of all condiments to choose, you picked the absolute worst for gains.
>>
i microwave the raw fillets

i usually just have it with some pepper, maybe a side of ramen noodles if i can be bothered

tastes really bad but macros are macros
>>
>>35664073
Oh, I wasn't the guy you were talking to before. I was just insulting you.
>>
File: how_to_cook.jpg (411KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
how_to_cook.jpg
411KB, 800x600px
>>35662529
>Two table spoons of peanut butter, chunky or smooth
>Two tea spoons of low or no salt soy sauce
>table spoon of good, farm shop honey, semi-set should work
>mix it all into a bowl until you get a dark brown paste
>cut chicken into little chicken cubes
>mix into the bowl
>Add a tea spoons of low fat olive and one teaspoon of either walnut or sesame seed oil
>lightly fry in a hot wok until golden brown
>if it start to stick a little bit of water, not more oil
>when you take it out of the wok, give it a light dusting of chili power, but not too much or else it will be too hot
>eat with brown rice, mixed vegetables and some nice green or flowering tea
Basic, but very tasty satay chicken, and quite healthy too.
>>
>>35662529
>buy little bag of "mixes spice for chicken"
>throw on top + tiny amount of olive oil
>throw on pan
>enjoy
>>
>>35662529
>How do I pan fry my diced breast and keep flavour and moisture?
Sear that shit nigga

>pan on stove, 60% heat
>vegetable oil in pan
>chicken in oil
>seasonin' on chick'n
>stir occasionally
when all cubes are whit, spilt the biggest one open and if it's white inside you're done
Enjoy juicy as fuck chicken
>>
>>35664714
>>Add a tea spoons of low fat olive
Low fat
Olive
>>
>>35664756
>using high fat olive oil
>>
You dont actually have to cook chicken
>>
>>35664714
This sounds oishi senpai! ^_^
>>
>>35662544
Halogenic ovens
>>
>>35662544
Try getting married to it, it worked wonders for my wifes breasts oy vey!
>>
>>35662529
Why just the breast?

What does /fit/ do when they buy a whole chicken?
>>
So many people adding salt, isn't that shit unhealthy?
>>
>>35663262
Cheesus fucking rice, do you expect anyone to read that giant wall of uninteresting garbage? To top it all off you're opinion is as shit as your interesting is right, you novel writing black ass somalian nigger. Do everyone on this board again and never post again, you stupid piece of shit
>>
>>35665130
Ok, here you go. Put the whole chicken in a pressure cooker with enough water to almost cover it. Give it a full cycle to cool down and throw away the water(All the oily as shit bad fat). Add a bit more water, vinegar, soy and garlic and cook for one more cycle. Come out melting off the bone with a nice refreshing broth. De-fucking-licious.
>>
>>35665155
>mad cuz someone's not shitposting

found the dyel

>>35665130
why would i ever buy a whole goddamn chicken
>>
File: 51528649.jpg (51KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
51528649.jpg
51KB, 600x450px
>pan frying your chicken
enjoy your cancer

http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/cooked-meats-fact-sheet
>>
>>35665148
salt itself isn't unhealthy, too much of anything is unhealthy
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 167x182px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 167x182px
>>35665210

I see you finally decided to post this on the chicken breast thread, rather then the thread about the chick with the large thighs.

Top kek.
>>
File: 20140829_152004.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20140829_152004.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>butterfly
>dice garlic and press into both sides
>pan fry in olive oil with lemon juice, oregano, and basil

Alternatively:
>butterfly
>press into a flour/salt pepper/(spice)
>pan fry in olive oil
>top with basil

Or:
>cut into desireable size
>coat in flour
>dip in beaten egg
>coat in breadcrumb (try Panko)
>pan fry if thin pieces, breadcrumbs will brown fast
>bake in oven on 375 for 25-45 minutes if thick
Mom taught me to cook
>>
>>35665148
Only if you eat more than 2300mg a day, or if you have high blood pressure
>>
Boil and eat raw like a fucking man
>>
>marinade in salt water ogernight
>cut into chunks and fry
>while frying add garam masala spices

Simple, easy and delicious.
>>
>>35662678
Wow you're so fuckin' cool, bitch.
>>
>>35665148
Sodium is an electrolyte that promotes healthy muscle activity and assists in nutrient absorption via active transport of proteins across Sodium channels in cells. The dietary guidelines recommend 2300mg/day or less, but also explain that it's only dangerous in excess to overweight, sedentary, dehydrated people or those with high blood pressure/heart problems
>tl;dr
>dietaryfag here
>salt to taste, drink water, excercise, enjoy life
>>
>>35665210
>living on earth
enjoy your cancer
>>
>>35662529
Simmer in a covered pan with vinegar, garlic, black pepper and bay leaf
>>
>>35665148
It's McDonalds Everyday unhealthy, not taste unhealthy
>>
>>35662529
Boil then fry in a pan
>>
>>35662529
Grilled
>>
>>35662529
Cut breasts in half so they are thin. Oven to 420. Cook for 15 minutes.

I season with lemon pepper, cajun, chili powder, paprika, and ground black pepper. Sometimes cilantro.
>>
File: 14769451.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
14769451.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
This shit is pretty good
>>
>>35662678

Newfag detected
>>
File: 20160118_203444.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160118_203444.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>35664714

What the fuck man? It doesnt mix
>>
What size breasts do y'all buy and cook? And do you get tendies or fillets or whatever or the full un halved breast? I find when I get the fuck huge ones they don't cook as well and get dry from taking so long to make sure it's done all the way through
>>
>>35665186
>why would i ever buy a whole goddamn chicken
Why wouldn't you? I see no reason not to. Is there something shit about the non-breast that I don't know about?
>>
>>35662529
BROIL
>>
>>35667214
Sorry guys the chicken was cold and freezed the peanut butter momentsrily i think. End product was ok. Nice variation recipe
>>
File: n08A8NO.jpg (43KB, 599x804px) Image search: [Google]
n08A8NO.jpg
43KB, 599x804px
>>35662529
How much chicken do you guys eat?

I usually eat slightly less than 300 gr of chicken in dices with 200g or so of pasta, plus fruit/veggies and something else if I feel there's still space for it.

>mfw still a skelly
>>
I'm a chef.
Split it in half into two flat pieces and cook them any way you like that isnt boiling.
Cook it less. Invest in a shitty thermometer. It should be cooked to 165 degrees.
Best way is to fry it in a greased pan until its golden then pop it in the oven. Then you deglaze the pan with stock and serve over rice.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.